• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Realistic or Modern 𝙞𝙣 𝙢𝙮 𝙙𝙧𝙚𝙖𝙢𝙨, 𝙮𝙤𝙪 𝙡𝙤𝙫𝙚 𝙢𝙚 𝙗𝙖𝙘𝙠. — [𝘢 𝘭𝘰𝘷𝘦 101 𝘴𝘱𝘪𝘯𝘰𝘧𝘧]

sox

محبت

in my dreams,
you love me back.

a love 101 spinoff.

• our story.

As if we were dancing
    The two of us go round and round in the air.
    After a long night
    We'll shortly reach each other anywhere.
    Never-ending laughter
    Your footsteps on top of the clouds
    Your candy-like eyes are just like a dream.
    A ticklish voice, feather-like hands
    I pray that you'll stay forever.

— In my dreams, you love me back.

It's a dream even in a dream
    Even though I know that, I still love you.
    Like this, don't wake me up, deceive me sweetly
    In my dreams.

♡design by animegenork, coded by uxie♡

Last edited:
this could be very fun! or very lethal!
jeon in-su.
"the pairings for our first long-term assignment are as follows..." announced the giddy professor, much akin to the excitement one feels when setting up a turbulent romantic scenario in the sims. after each set of names came either an excited cheer from being paired with a friend or complete silence from strangers harboring suspicion towards what was in store.

"... and finally, jeon in-su and seo min-jee. please reposition yourselves so you are sitting with your assigned partner. we'll spend the rest of class 'speed-dating'— get to know each other, your interests, hobbies, dreams, because you'll be spending quite a bit of time together."

in-su, who had been absentmindedly scrolling through twitter under his desk, flinched when his name was called second to last, immediately followed by the name of the girl who'd just verbally flipped him off. mixed feelings arose at the prospect of being paired with the beautiful yet frosty girl. perhaps it would be a fun exercise in breaking down her walls, potentially gaining a close friend in the process— or perhaps he'd spend the foreseeable future getting ghosted by someone who unilaterally wanted nothing to do with him.

shrugging off such worries, in-su decided it was better to go with the flow and see where the wind took him. 'who knows? maybe we'll end up having some things in common.' with that self-affirmation at the forefront of his mind, he angled his chair to the side so it was facing min-jee straight on to begin their next task as the teacher handed out a written itinerary of the assignment. now that he was getting a proper good look at her, he was once again struck by how soft and delicate her features were, a sharp contrast to her frigid personality, all of which felt... familiar.

"running low on your luck, i guess, minjee-ssi," in-su teased with a small smile once they were situated, tone mildly apologetic but mostly amused by their newfound situation. "i know we already kind of introduced ourselves, but in case you forgot—" or weren't listening in the first place— "jeon in-su. i'm a third-year studying actuarial science and international business. i'm also minoring in mandarin, but we'll see if that sticks."

he leaned forward to rest his chin on his clasped hands, elbows supporting the weight on the cold, wooden desk. "you said you're a graphic design major, right? you're probably super busy with your art classes already. what led you to taking this class? doesn't seem like it'll be an easy A."

coded by reveriee.

Last edited:
seo min-jee
PHILAUTIA
It was pretty obvious that the person most excited for the long-term assignment was no other than the professor; maybe because he would only be a spectator in this social experiment that was pairing two strangers into developing a relationship of sorts. While, the rest especially her had to deal with the awkwardness and unpleasantry time of dealing with a guy. Okay, maybe not all guys were terrible, but until proven wrong, she wouldn’t change her mind.

And if her intuition as a woman wasn’t wrong, jeon in-su was nothing but trouble, one that she would rather avoid no matter what. But once again life continued testing her as out of everyone in the class she was paired with the guy who minutes ago caused another existential crisis, this was terrible especially when she saw him move closer to her, facing her as he continued unbothered by the whole situation.

“running low on your luck, i guess, minjee-ssi,” In-su teased her and the girl could feel her ears getting red from anger. What kind of karma was she paying off that she ended up in this situation?
“I didn’t forget.”
Min-Jee said in the most casual tone she could do based on the events of the last five minutes.
"Actuarial science and International business and Mandarin? Why would you study something completely different from your major?"

“Yes I am, and I am indeed quite busy”
Min-jee started replying but felt embarrassed when In-Su asked her why she was taking this class, there was no way she would say out loud she got the classes wrong, he would make fun of her to the end of the world. She needed to think of an excuse faster and saying that she was taking this class for the funsies was totally out of the equation.
“Studios value a lot that their employees can establish relationships in a group to work together as a team. I realized it would help me improve my skills and be a better candidate when I apply for a job.”
She lied, trying to sound as convincing as she believed in her mind she was.

“What about you? What lead you to take this class? Not to be mean, but you don’t really seem like the type of guy that loves love, if you get what I mean.”
She asked.
“we are paired together for the long run, so ask whatever you want. It seems you are more intrigued to know more about me that what it shows on your face.”

mood: ugh men
outfit: here
tags: sox sox
coded by Stardust Galaxy

if her bark is cute, i bet her bite is cuter!
jeon in-su.
“I didn’t forget. Actuarial science and International business and Mandarin? Why would you study something completely different from your major?"

the subtle indignance to her retort brought an endeared smile to in-su's lips. 'cute.' it hadn't even been an hour and his new lab partner had shown him a rather exhilarating range of expressions. "mandarin is a helpful language to have under my belt if i plan on working globally at any point in the future," he explained briefly, shoulders slumping as he remembered the sheer volume of homework he'd been assigned the previous semester. "it's hard as hell, though— not sure if it's worth it."

in-su gave a cursory listen to her answer improvised on the spot, none-the-wiser to her antics as he scoped out the depth in her eyes while she spoke. it made sense in his head— what other reason could she possibly have to take such a fringe course when she clearly wished to be anywhere but the present? the thought saddened as much as it amused him; regardless, he'd try to make their time together as fun for the both of them as he could.

“What about you? What led you to take this class? Not to be mean, but you don’t really seem like the type of guy that loves love, if you get what I mean. we are paired together for the long run, so ask whatever you want. It seems you are more intrigued to know more about me that what it shows on your face.”

minjee's open admittance of her preconcieved prejudice against his character elicited a startled bout of laughter from the younger man, who tossed his head back in amusement before returning to face her yet again. the rumors had always painted his friend group to be some sort of sex demons terrorizing their quaint campus, and while that wasn't too far from the truth, it omitted the discerning fact that in-su was completely monogamous in his fleeting relationships. even jeong na-rae, one of his closest comrades and an ex-turned-friend-with-benefits, knew to exit the scene whenever he was speaking seriously with a potential partner. as such, his crime was less-so sexual promiscuity and more-so a fear of a real connection/commitment to the beauties adorning his arm around campus— or both, if he was being honest with himself.

"you're not wrong," in-su admitted with a residual chuckle, amusement glittering in his probing eyes. "truthfully, i took this class for shits and giggles with a friend, but it actually seems more interesting than i thought." he leaned back in his chair, stretching his back while maintaining the gaze fixed on minjee. she seemed far more open to conversation now that she had no other choice but to suffer in his company, and he planned on taking full advantage of her sudden willingness to cooperate. "whatever i want, huh?" he raised a brow. "well, since this is a love class— tell me about your last relationship: how old were you, what were they like, how long did it last, et cetera? you're beautiful, so i know there's no way you've never dated before. and what are you looking for now, moving forward?" in-su took a sip of his boba in anticipation of her answer after his matter-of-fact appraisal. "as much as you're okay with sharing, that is. no pressure at all."

coded by reveriee.

seo min-jee
PHILAUTIA
Why was he smiling? Did he find everything Minjee just said funny? There was no way because Minjee wasn’t the person that fitted in the funny type category, nor she was trying to be one. It was pretty obvious the girl was not literally flipping him off, as she would have wanted out of her manners, but it didn’t need to be a genius to understand the undertone behind her words, and for some reason, this In-Su guy was enjoying it. What a weirdo if you asked her.

Minjee was a bit surprised to hear the reasoning behind In-Su and why he was taking Mandarin. It came as a surprise to the girl that her partner seemed actually interested in his future. Perhaps in her initial judgment, she thought of him as just a guy who was there just for the formalities and had his life resolved thanks to the money of his parents. Not that she even knew if he was rich or not, another blind judgment without anything to back it up. Okay, maybe she shouldn’t be so harsh with this guy and her preconceptions about him, but that didn’t mean she was thrilled with the idea of having to develop any kind of connection, even if it was due to a class project.

“Sometimes the things that are worth the most are not the easiest to achieve. It might be difficult now, but then it would be beneficial in the end, you know?”
She said awkwardly. It wasn’t like Minjee was actively trying to cheer him up, but that was the best she could do, almost like a peace offering, to be more exact. Still, it felt too troublesome to act that way.

This kind of new interaction with In-Su didn’t feel right, and in the blink of an eye, Minjee returned to her defensive persona, her safe space where she could control how things would go and how people would react towards her and vice versa. But one thing that was sure was that In-Su was definitely a completely new variable in the equation that the girl mastered to deal with guys, and that disharmony was more than enough for the girl to be more wary of the guy in front of her, even if he was just fun and giggles.

Perhaps the unknown that came along with In-Su’s presence was what doomed her to giving him an opportunity to dig more into her, something she was trying to avoid. “Well, since this is a love class— tell me about your last relationship: how old were you, what were they like, how long did it last, et cetera? You’re beautiful, so I know there’s no way you’ve never dated before. And what are you looking for now, moving forward?” Those words, even if they didn’t have a bad intention behind them, felt like piercing needles in Minjee’s skin. How was she supposed to reply to that? There was no way she would be telling everything about her horrible breakup to someone that was still considered a stranger in Minjee’s eyes.

The girl shifted awkwardly in her seat, thinking what to reply. She knew that avoiding that question would only make In-Su assume it wasn’t a cute story to tell, and indeed it wasn’t, but she didn’t want him to pity her. At the same time, she didn’t want to be so vocal about something that still haunted her until this day, even if the thing she wanted the most was to not feel any pain about that whole situation, even if by now it was just a bad memory.

“I... well... I was nineteen years old when we started dating. I am not sure if saying he was a decent guy is the best way to describe him, although is the only way I can think of right now... but I don’t want to get into too much detail. We dated for like three years... I guess we just fell down as a lot of couples do, and eventually, people get bored of being with someone,”
Minjee said clumsily, making sure to avoid eye contact with In-Su. There was no way he wouldn’t know there was more to the story than Minjee had shared.
“What about you? How was your last relationship? However, if you don’t want to answer, it’s okay. I won’t pressure you. Maybe you could tell me what would be a good date for you? If that’s a better question for you.”

mood: next question pls
coded by Stardust Galaxy

now things are finally getting good : )
jeon in-su.
"sometimes the things that are worth the most are not the easiest to achieve. It might be difficult now, but then it would be beneficial in the end, you know?”

the sudden encouragement came out of nowhere, startling the man across from her as he processed min-jee's words. was this the same girl who'd just verbally flipped him off just minutes prior? in-su blinked once, twice, before breaking into a bright smile, eyes glittering in pleased satisfaction. the hot-and-cold treatment he was receiving from the cautious girl was doing anything but scaring him away, especially coming from such an endearing visage as hers.

"you're definitely right about that."

in-su listened attentively as min-jee provided a vague summary of her last relationship, discomfort evident in her demeanor though she pressed on regardless. the lack of eye contact told him everything he needed to know anyways— he'd be a dick if he asked further questions pertaining to that part of her history. thankfully, however, she quickly fielded his question right back at him, something he was prepared for but still a bit unsure how to accurately answer without giving away far too many details about the lowest point of his life.

in-su waved away the second question, opting to save it for after out of fairness for her willingness to share. "my last real relationship was my first year, with a girl in my dorm," he began, idly playing with the sleeve of his blouse as he spoke. "we never actually even fully dated; she strung me along for the girlfriend perks without ever committing to being my girl— it obviously didn't work out." in-su chuckled uncomfortably, as though trying to seem like he didn't care but falling just shy of his goal. "i've dated casually here and there ever since, but um, nothing really... stuck? i guess i've just been missing that connection or something, i don't know."

before the awkwardness could dare to set in between them once again, in-su quickly shifted to the second question she posed, unease disappearing from his face entirely as he leaned forward to rest his elbows on the desk between them. "i'll answer both for you since i'm a gentleman," he joked, swirling the straw in his boba cup. "my dream date... i've always wanted to take my partner stargazing in the countryside, somewhere far where the city lights don't reach— just the two of us and the night sky with a big fuzzy blanket, maybe a thermos of mulled wine, and a guitar."

he smiled softly to himself as he envisioned the scene in his head, a wistful sort of glint flickering across his eyes before disappearing in an instant. "that's the kind of date i'd love," in-su concluded, "so how about you? if i had to guess, i'd say you don't really strike me as the outdoorsy type."

coded by reveriee.

seo min-jee
PHILAUTIA
Min-Jee felt uncomfortable talking about her past relationship, maybe because it was still a sensitive topic for her. Not that she still had feelings for her ex-boyfriend; the depiction of the real type of person he was was already settled in her heart and mind, so there was nothing to worry about. But one thing for sure is that the girl didn’t like being vulnerable, as she didn’t want people pitying her. Min-Jee hated receiving that sad and miserable look she received every time someone found out she wasn’t any longer in a relationship. Yes, she got cheated on, and she hated that it happened to her, but still, she was somehow telling a complete stranger about it.

“I’ve dated casually here and there ever since, but um, nothing really... stuck? I guess I’ve just been missing that connection or something, I don’t know,” In-Su replied, and it didn’t take a genius to notice that awkwardness in his voice tone.
“Perhaps not committing is the best solution to not getting hurt. You don’t pour your feelings toward someone. It might not be the conventional way to see it, but it might definitely be the wisest if you put it into perspective,”
Min-Jee said with a shrug. She really hated this conversation full of their feelings that were making her feel sick.

“My dream date... I’ve always wanted to take my partner stargazing in the countryside, somewhere far where the city lights don’t reach—just the two of us and the night sky with a big fuzzy blanket, maybe a thermos of mulled wine, and a guitar.” After In-Su admitted that, Min-Jee was a bit taken aback. Just by looking at him, he didn’t give the romantic type of person vibe, especially after saying he was the type of person to not date seriously. So why put so much effort into it? The more she tried to think about it, the more In-Su was definitely becoming more confusing every second that passed. One thing that Min-Jee hated was uncertainty and not being able to know what could be his next move was making her feel too unsure of how to act.

“That sounds like a cute date. I guess any girl who is into that kind of romantic stuff that seems taken out of a rom-com would be delighted by it,”
she admitted.
“And you are right. I am not really the type of person who would love a hiking trip as a date. I guess I am more about doing something with that person by trying something new, like taking a cooking or pottery class together. I have heard there are places where you can go and design your own perfume or build your own bouquet of flowers. I think going to those kinds of places would be my ideal type of date,”
she admitted awkwardly.
“But I guess it might not be for everyone. I am sure people might think that is too troublesome.”

mood: awkward
coded by Stardust Galaxy

that was fun. time to run!
jeon in-su.
"i guess i am more about doing something with that person by trying something new, like taking a cooking or pottery class together. i have heard there are places where you can go and design your own perfume or build your own bouquet of flowers. i think going to those kinds of places would be my ideal type of date, but i guess it might not be for everyone. i am sure people might think that is too troublesome.”

in-su paid close attention to the details min-jee laid out before him, mentally noting down her preferences with a casual, lazy smile that betrayed nothing. when she mentioned cooking classes, however, his ears perked up and he straightened up from where he'd been leaning forward to listen better.

"i don't know about other people, but that sounds just as good to me," he beamed, eyes twinkling at the thought. "i'd love a cooking date! especially if it's with a pretty lady." his thousand-watt smile didn't budge in the slightest in the face of his overt flirting, barrelling right past as though it never even slipped past his filter in the first place. "i've always enjoyed cooking, baking, anything that involves things you can taste; you really get to bring out your individual flavor and showcase your style, and i'm sure pottery or something similar wouldn't be too different! y'know, i used to work as a barista for a while, and since we didn't get to alter the recipes at all, my favorite way to pass the time was to decorate each latte with a different foam pattern every time. at current job, though, i can make alterations all i want, since my boss generally doesn't care if the drinks—"

just as in-su began to prattle on about his present bartending gig to fill the silence, the bell denoting the end of class rang loud and clear throughout the building, cutting him off from talking her ear off any further. students immediately began rushing out of the room, leaving behind a frazzled teacher urging them to check the online syllabus whenever they got the chance.

"aw, time sure flies, huh?" in-su commented, mournful smile on his lips as he shifted gears without a hitch. having never bothered to unpack his belongings in the first place, he scribbled down his number on the paper wrapping from his boba straw and placed it on min-jee's desk before getting to his feet, scooping up his bag in one easy motion. "gotta run, but, uh, looking forward to working with you? is that the right thing to say here? haha, see ya!"

and with that, the hurricane of a man exited stage right, leaving not even a trace of his existence behind save for the slip of paper with his digits on it.

coded by reveriee.

seo min-jee
PHILAUTIA
The fall festival was one of the few occasions where the university stopped being the place where you were building your future, to the place you forgot about your worries about the working life. A place where the students could just forget about their problems and enjoy their youth. For Min-Jee, well, she didn’t hate that kind of event, but it brought bittersweet memories. Even the most mundane part of it was a reminder of her past relationship and, while she didn’t have any feelings toward her ex-boyfriend, seeing the lovey-dovey couple was just a reminder of the past and how happy she felt back then although now it was just a question that if it was real to begin with.

Perhaps that was the reason she was dreading going to the festival and not because she had to see once again Jeon Insu, who she was lying if the girl was only able to survive one class with him without having to question all her life choices as she wondered how could always have that smug smile plastered all the time on his face. Was Min-Jee ready to become her friend? Not really, he was way too much for the girl, but she decided to give him an opportunity for the sake of her grade.

So that’s why she was now standing at the entrance waiting for a guy whom she barely knew to make his appearance so they could end up with this assignment soon and they could part ways quickly. Min-Jee took out her phone as she saw the time. He was running late after he was the one that pestered their chat, saying how he was looking forward to this day and still he was arriving late. The girl was about to text him when she noticed the presence of someone standing next to her. When she looked up, Min-Jee was received by an Insu who was looking like a total mess, but still, his smile didn’t leave his face.

“What happened to you? Fighting someone was part of your agenda from the day?”
She started saying, but soon realized that people around them were staring at them.
“Don’t tell me you are planning for us to hang out while you look like that! I didn’t sign up for being the main gossip of the festival”

mood: what happened to you?
coded by Stardust Galaxy

i hope she forgives me : (
jeon in-su.
among all the varying autumn activities available at their disposal, the fall festival consistently ranked first place in in-su's tier list, particularly due to the wide range of street food vendors and low stakes carnival games set up beneath a blissful canopy of drifting leaves, hues of crimson, gold, emerald, and rust swirling together to create a picturesque evening view not too common in the bustling metropolis.

unfortunately for the energetic university student, in-su did not have the luxury to stop and smell the flowers as he booked it across campus to where his date awaited his arrival. while he'd originally planned to be there ten minutes early like he usually did, he'd come across a rather troubling scene on his way and stopped to offer assistance. a young girl's labrador seemed to snuck its way beneath a metal grate in the sidewalk and gotten stuck, leaving it unable to escape without someone willing to hoist it up from below.

in-su wasted no time in pondering his options upon witnessing such a scene, instead prying the grate open and hopping down to assist the dog back up to ground level faster than emergency services could even think to arrive at the cost of ripping parts of his outfit in the process. the idea of soiling his clothes hardly registered in his brain as the puppy's safety skyrocketed to the top of his priority list, and it wasn't until he had arrived at the festival and clocked the horror on min-jee's face that he realized the current state of his affairs.

"what happened to you? fighting someone was part of your agenda from the day?"

he certainly did not blame her for assuming as such between the huge tears in his jeans and the dirt stains on his sleeves. she was dressed impeccably in comparison, the silhouette of her cropped sweater and flared pants accenting her subtle curves with flawless elegance while maintaining a youthful aesthetic.

or maybe she just looked damn good in just about anything. hm. he'd have to dissect that hypothesis another time.

"i'm so sorry for being late!"
he hurried to apologize as he caught his breath from sprinting to their meeting spot.
"this kid needed help getting her dog out of a hole, so i made a bit of a detour on the way."

"don’t tell me you are planning for us to hang out while you look like that! i didn’t sign up for being the main gossip of the festival."

in-su glanced down at his outfit, brow furrowing as he assessed the state of each garment. his shoes had made it out unscathed, and the holes in his pants could seem intentional if he was confident enough about them, so the only real issue was the stains on his white shirt.

'easy fix.'

focused so as not to cut himself, in-su retrieved a pocket knife from his bag and carefully sliced off the offending sleeves. the edges looked ghastly at first glance, but simply folding them over and hiding them underneath the shoulder seams turned his shirt into a trendy tank top style which he promptly tucked into his jeans. sure, it might get a little chilly without the fabric covering his arms, but he'd much prefer that over embarrassing his date any further.

"better?"
he asked with a crooked smile, posing stoically for min-jee to assess the new look as he tossed the discarded sleeves into his bag.
"we should probably start walking before it gets dark— my own fault, of course. i'll gladly accept whatever punishment you decide for me in penance."

their teacher had assigned them a checklist of photos to take for this project, such as a selfie underneath a tree, a shot of them holding hands, and candids of the other person throughout the date. in-su brought his polaroid camera for the occasion, a much more aesthetically pleasing option compared to lazy photos on his smart phone as well as more rewarding due to being printable on the spot. min-jee, however, probably wasn't comfortable enough for that yet, so it could wait until after they'd broken the ice a bit further.

"oh, one second! before we go..."
in-su abruptly remembered something, reaching into his pocket to retrieve a tiny white gift box tied with a sage green ribbon before handing it to min-jee. nestled inside was a small, ornate pin in the shape of a delicate flower adorned with several glittering crystals, specks of emerald on the leaves complimenting the ivory white of the petals.

"i wanted to bring you lilies, but that would be super annoying to carry around, right? luckily, this kind of matches your outfit— which looks lovely, by the way. you have a great sense of fashion, miss seo."
a genuine smile tugged at his lips as his gaze remained fixated on his date, unflinching and uncharacteristically calm.
"do you... mind if i put it on you?"

coded by reveriee.

seo min-jee
PHILAUTIA
“This kid needed help getting her dog out of a hole, so I made a bit of a detour on the way.” Perhaps Min-Jee judged a bit too much about who In-Su was and felt a bit bad about it, although she wouldn’t say this out loud to In-Su. After all, even she could accept that his act was one of chivalry and spoke about who he was as a person. Maybe he wasn’t the terrible creature that played with everyone’s feelings, as she made up in her mind the moment she met him, but despite that, he showed that he wasn’t a senseless and narcissistic human being. Well, he was still a man.

Sure, despite her harsh comment about his appearance, the girl wasn’t expecting her so-called date would take matters into his own hands to fix it. Wide-eyed, she saw how In-Su sliced the sleeves of his shirt as if it were something he usually did. Should she have to worry now about her safety, knowing now that In-Su was probably skilled with that knife, although he didn’t seem like the type of person to hurt a fly, as she was probably sure he would most likely start crying based on their interactions so far. Still, the guy in front of her seemed like a box full of surprises, ones that most likely would overwhelm Min-Jee.

“You know, we could have easily bought one of those shirts that they sell at our university instead of having to ruin your shirt.”
She admitted, still perplexed at the sudden actions of her companion.

Min-Jee didn’t expect more surprises, but it seemed In-Su was not over with them, and well, a gift was not something she expected to receive, especially from someone she barely knew. The delicate pin that was inside the box was beautiful. It didn’t seem like something you bought randomly, as it seemed a lot of thought was put into it. Min-Jee felt awkward with her arriving empty-handed, as it was obvious he went out of his way just to buy her this gift.
“It’s beautiful... You shouldn’t have bothered, but thank you. I appreciate it. Although I didn’t bring you anything,”
Min-Jee replied awkwardly, not knowing how to act with everything that was happening at the moment.
“Sure, no problem... so what if we go and grab something to eat first before we take the pictures? I heard that the Bungeo-Ppang and the Tteokbokki stands are good.”

mood: this is awkward
coded by Stardust Galaxy

Users who are viewing this thread

Back