• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

In My Day... (Always Looking, Ignore Thread Count, Advanced/Detailed/Literate)

zooka

Vampire Slayer
Roleplay Type(s)

About Me

Hello!  Thank you for popping into my interest check.  I am 25 years old and female.  I have been role playing, on and off, since I was a freshman in high school (that's over ten years, but I haven't been consistent all the way through).  If anyone here remembers the Quizilla forums, that's where I was.  On Quizilla you had all of the quizzes of course, and then there was all of the fan-fiction.  Oh, the fan-fiction.  And of course all of the supernatural/vampire original stories.  You can probably imagine that the forums of such a site were ripe for role playing.  

I am part time in school and part time working right now.  I had to move to a different city than my husband and definitely wanted something creative to fill my time with, so here I am!  That being said, I won't be able to RP during the hours I am at school or work; usually from 8-10 MT, Monday-Friday. On the weekends, I will either be super active or non-existent (sometimes I drive back to visit the husband and cat, and on those weekends I won't be on).  

If that works for you, keep reading.  

My Style

As I stated in the title, I prefer more advanced roleplay.  That doesn't mean that I won't sometimes have one paragraph replies; in fact, I try to be as concise as possible while saying all that needs to be said.  Remember, there are five senses to appeal to.  I think short is very different from concise, and if I feel as if you are leading the conversation, then I will reply in a way that allows you to take it where you are wanting it to go.  And of course, action sequences are a team effort and fast paced, so I understand smaller posts in such situations, unless of course you have a great idea for action/plot and you write out a whole scene describing it; that's awesome!  Do that!  

Overall, I am looking for people who write intelligently and are willing to work together with me to drive stories along.  Working and being a student, I can get pretty brain dead.  If my partner is able to contribute to the story where I am lacking, then we are going to make something beautiful.  

Another thing about me that you should know is that I mainly play females.  If we are doing a one-on-one and we choose to just have two characters, if I don't play the female I am afraid I will lose interest.  However, I have had a lot of success in one-on-ones playing one female and one male character, and my partner does the same.

I also only like role-playing in the forums themselves.  I don't do email or personal messaging role playing.  I like having a running thread that I can read and re-read.   

If this interests you, keep reading.  

My Interests

As far as fandom goes, I love it, but I prefer to take the world of the fandom and create our own original characters within it.  I especially love this with Harry Potter.  My fandom interests are as follows:

Harry Potter

Merlin

Buffy the Vampire Slayer

Marvel Universe

DC Universe

I have read a lot and watched a lot, so you're welcome to recommend something as well.

My other big interest is fantasy.  I enjoy traditional fantasy and modern supernatural.  There are so many plots here I couldn't possibly go into all of them, so let's work together to brainstorm something.  

Those are the main two.  If you think you might want to figure something out with me, lets go for it.  I will try to make a running list here of what I have going on with who.  Please hit me up no matter the post count, because I am probably always going to be willing to at the very least talk plot with someone.  

Users who are viewing this thread

Back