In Character

Nathan Gelding

Location: Auditorium, then backstage briefly, and back to the auditorium

bbe470242a6c955b7a65bbfdc08cde6b.jpg

Nathan understood the difference between desirability and popularity. He understood the technical, semantic differences. By definition, his randy roommate Hunter was the former while Madeleine, a kind-hearted, sweet-natured musician, was the latter. People - women mainly - wanted Hunter, lusted after him with predatory longing, but Nathan couldn't imagine that they actually liked the guy. People - everyone - liked Maddie, but she never struck Nathan as an object of desire. She was pretty, yes, but she was no Vivienne Andrews. Madeleine didn't so much as command a room as she did politely ask it to forgive her presence. 

When she was called, Nathan didn't understand why everyone was chanting her name, but then Maddie walked on stage and for a moment Nathan forgot to breathe.

He didn't recognize her at all. Gone was the mousy blonde Nathan knew. Gone were her stylish hats and bold prints. The girl on stage was stunning, moving with effortless grace as she glided down the catwalk. Like an angel delivered from Victoria's Secret. But more modestly dressed, of course. 

Then she started to dance. Her movements followed no obvious choreography. They were neither lewd and suggestive, despite the occasional catcall, nor awkward and stiff. On stage, Maddie was honest. She had no pretense, no agenda. And when she burst into a fit of unabashed giggles, Nathan couldn't help but laugh with her. How had he never noticed how charming she was?

When she flashed him a smile, one that reached her pale blue eyes, Nathan froze. She wasn't looking at the room. Just at him, if only just for a second. The impact of that small gesture, so insignificant and impersonal, nearly knocked him off balance. He started to wave, but her gaze shifted before he got his hand up, so he raked his fingers through his hair instead. He'd meant to do that anyway. 

As bidding paddles flashed throughout the auditorium, and higher and higher sums called out from the crowd, Nathan began to feel panicked. Maddie and her dozen admirers were on a fast-moving train and he couldn't seem to get on. Several times, he almost put in a bid, almost shouted some ridiculous number he couldn't afford. 

But he wasn't here to get a date, not tonight. Besides, the auction wasn't built on romance. One bid won did not a relationship make. So Nathan kept his paddle by his side and tried not to cringe when some guy called Justin (Nathan hated that name) was congratulated on his win.

After Madeleine drifted off stage, the room felt just a little darker than before. 

But at the sound of Abby's name, Nathan's head snapped up and he snapped out of his daze. Shit! He'd almost forgotten why he was at this stupid auction in the first place.

Just as "Bang Bang" blasted over the speakers, Nathan bolted. He zigzagged through the maze of students, separating couples and cutting off conversations, earning himself a few "Hey!"s and "Watch it!"s. 

When he reached the backstage curtain, he found a stern-faced first year drama student, no doubt trying to prove she belonged at this fourth years-only event. She held her clipboard close to her chest and eyed Nathan with icy suspicion. She even gave him a disapproving once over for good measure.

"You're not in the auction, are you?" she said with equal parts snobbery and skepticism. 

"I could be," said Nathan, a little indignantly. The girl raised her eyebrows. She wasn't buying it. Hell, if Nathan were her, he wouldn't buy it either. "Okay, no, I'm not in the auction. But I have important business backstage."

The girl stuck out her clipboard, barring his entry. "Only volunteers, nominees, and auction staff allowed. No exceptions."

From where he stood, he couldn't see the stage, but he could hear the roar of the crowd. Whether it was in anticipation of Abby's appearance or because of it, he couldn't tell. Frustrated, he let out a groan. "Fine, I nominate myself," he said. 

"Seriously?" asked the girl.

Nathan huffed. "I'll have you know, lassie, there are plenty of ladies who would love to get with this." He gestured to his body, clad in his chinos and button down-sweater combo. "It's my pasty complexion. Drives them wild."

The first year didn't look amused, but after a short pause, she rolled her eyes and said, "Name?"

"Xavier Lefebvre," said Nathan. "Spelled D-i-c-k."

"What?"

"Thanks, gotta go!" He swiftly slipped past her and prayed he hadn't just dug his own grave. In retrospect, nominating Xavier probably wasn't the smartest move, not that anyone would know he was the one who did it. Besides, unless Xavier signed the consent waiver, no one could force him up there. Someone would probably say it was an error, the first year would hear some colorful words from Janet, and that would be that. No harm, no foul.

Nathan and Xavier had been on good terms lately. That is, they hadn't spoken a word since they made the unpleasant discovery of having been placed in the same house for their final year at Arlington. It would be a shame to ruin their perfectly tacit situation. 

Oh, well. Let the cards fall where they may.

Nathan made a beeline for the audio equipment (fortunately, there were no first year sentries blocking his path) and quickly located the stereo cable. He fished out his phone and, after a quick search, selected a song and plugged in his phone.

"Bang Bang" was nearing the first chorus when it abruptly cut out. After a quick adjustment, Nathan redirected the sound input and a new song filled the auditorium. The first three notes drew out cries of recognition from beyond the stage. Nathan smiled. He hated this song with a passion, but for some reason Abby seemed to like it. Every time he caught her humming it, the damn tune got stuck in his head all day. And this happened surprisingly often. But if it worked for her, then so be it.

He quickly ran back to the auditorium, rushing past the first year at the curtain before she had a chance to stop him. Nathan hoped he wasn't late. And he hoped he hadn't blasted "Baby One More Time" over the sound system for nothing. 

|Abigail Marie Davenport|

"Little Miss. Perfect"

tumblr_lw3n3b44FH1r3n8h2.gif

Abby stood backstage as the auction got underway. She heard the music start blasting and the chanting begin. First up was Hunter. She just stood, her arms crossed, watching her housemate gyrate and grind on stage. At the finale of him ripping his shirt off, she rolled her eyes. Of course, he would be the person to eat this up. Abby just kept her arms crossed as the auction went on. She absolutely despised this event. How could people so willingly subject themselves to this sort of attention? It was baffling. It was all based on lust. Nobody cared about getting to know each other as a person, they just wanted the night to end with sleeping with each other. Nobody cared about the actual date part anymore. There was never any romance anymore. What ever happened to trying to court a girl or impress a guy? Their generation was all about hooking up and the awkward avoidance afterwards. It was a shame really.

Maddie was up on stage next. Abby was a bit surprised, she wouldn't expect her to do something like this. She looked very elegant and graceful. They seemed to even enjoyed Maddie's more tamed display. Abby realized she needed to have some type of plan for when it was her turn. She had no idea how to flaunt her stuff, or whatever her peers did now a days. What was she going to do? She couldn't just go up there and hope that someone would bid on her, but then again if nobody bid on her then she wouldn't be obligated to go on a date, right? But how embarrassing would it be for nobody to bid on her? She needed to brainstorm and quickly. 

Maddie's bidding finished and Abby was snapped away from her thoughts when she heard her name being announced. What?! Already?! Abby began panicking slightly. The music was playing, and it was some upbeat, loud, and club like song. Abby's legs felt like they were stuck in cement. All of a sudden she felt a quick shove from her back and she stumbled out on stage slightly. She quickly smiled, putting on the appearance that she was completely in control and unphased by this experience. Truth be told, Abby was flustered and hating every second of this. Abby went to step forward, still unsure of what her plan of attack was, but she could fake it until she made it right? As soon as she went to step, the music cut out and she was standing there awkwardly in silence. 

However, within seconds a new song was on. Abby instantly recognized it by the first couple of notes, along with the rest of the auditorium. Not even thinking, Abby ripped the belt off the was just used to accentuate her waistline, and tied up her cardigan like Britney Spears had in the music video. Granted Britney did it with a shirt to expose her mid-drift but Abby was in a dress so this would have to do. Abby was really hoping that somewhere her 8 year old memory remained, providing her with the correct steps for this dance. When she was little, Abby used to play this on repeat and perform the steps like she was Britney Spears. Just until the first chorus is done. Then you can stop. She encouraged herself as she continued the choreography with a smile. Inside she was boiling. She felt absolutely foolish. However, she pushed that feeling deeper down and swallowed her pride with each little shimmy or swaying of the hips.

Her eyes scanned the auditorium looking for Nathan. He was probably sporting some shit-eating grin, basking in the measly two points he had scored higher on her by that ended her up on stage. She spotted him running back out. That little shit. Was he responsible for the song change? He had to be. Nobody else was around her as often as he was to possibly have a chance of overhearing it. Abby wanted to jump down from the stage and chew him out for exposing her guilty pleasure song to the entire school. She kept on smiling and dancing, getting hoots and hollers from the crowd. Abby wasn't sure if it was for her or because of the nostalgia the song provided to a lot of people. The song faded out and Abby untied the sweater, neatening her appearance, looking like a politician's daughter again. She went over and stood near Janet, giving the crowd a slight smile and wave as she waited for the bidding to begin. Her heart was pounding. Would anybody bid on her? Why was she even nervous? It wasn't like she actually wanted to go on a date with anybody. She didn't have time to worry about something as trivial as a date. She had tests she should be studying for.

tumblr_mudjdhZal41szxfwno5_250.gif

[COLOR= rgb(156, 134, 163)]J[/COLOR][COLOR= rgb(156, 134, 163)]AN[/COLOR][COLOR= rgb(156, 134, 163)]ET[/COLOR][COLOR= rgb(156, 134, 163)] A[/COLOR][COLOR= rgb(156, 134, 163)]N[/COLOR]DE[COLOR= rgb(156, 134, 163)]RSON[/COLOR]

J[SIZE= 12px]anet was nodding her head to the music, waiting for Abigail to walk out and luckily for her, the blonde didn’t not run away. Abigail walked out and just within a few choruses, the music got cut off. The immediate confusion was on Janet’s face before it quickly changed to annoyance and pure irritation. This was her first and last year to host the auction. Who was it that did this? The song was quickly replaced by Baby One More Time by Britney Spears. While she had no qualms with the song, she didn’t appreciate the sudden song change and whipped out her phone, texting the only girl she knew was working on the sounds backstage. She receive a reply stating Xavier Lefebvre nominated himself and he changed the sounds? What? That didn’t even sound like a plausible idea. She had spent the last summer texting Xavier to participate and he was an immovable boulder. So Janet did what she thought any sane person would do; she texted him.[/SIZE]

[SIZE= 12px]She lifted her head, cracking a smile when she saw Abigail dancing to the song with, surprisingly, the correct dance moves. It was then she got a reply from Xavier. ‘Fuck off Janet’. She knew it! It wasn’t him but he got nominated, she could use this to her advantage. Once the music ended and Abigail suddenly transformed back into the proper rich girl she recognized, Janet resumed her role as the announcer.[/SIZE]

[SIZE= 12px]“WOW! Was that not an unexpected turn of events?” she called out onto her the crowds who cheered back. They obviously enjoyed the throwback even if it was a mistake. “That was abso-fucking-lutely sensational Abigail! I love it!” Janet gave the girl who came next to her a hug before yelling out, “Let the bidding begin!”[/SIZE]

[SIZE= 12px]There was slight shuffling, whispers, before a number was shout out.[/SIZE]

[SIZE= 12px]“500!” [/SIZE][SIZE= 12px]This was by Nathaniel Ivanov before it was countered by Justin McAdam.[/SIZE]

[SIZE= 12px]“800!”[/SIZE]

[SIZE= 12px]Everyone was shocked. Even Janet who is usually composed widened her eyes ever so slightly. It was the auction etiquette to only end up with one person (unless you’re Hunter McAllen) and it has always been followed. The sudden whispers were drowned when Nathaniel Ivanov called another number. [/SIZE]

[SIZE= 12px]Suddenly, it became a war between just the two of them.[/SIZE]

[SIZE= 12px]“1000!”[/SIZE]

[SIZE= 12px]“1200!”[/SIZE]

[SIZE= 12px]“1500!”[/SIZE]

[SIZE= 12px]“1800!”[/SIZE]

[SIZE= 12px]“2000!”[/SIZE]

[SIZE= 12px]“2100!”[/SIZE]

[SIZE= 12px]The silence after Justin’s bid was an indication that Janet to finish up the war.[/SIZE]

[SIZE= 12px]“2100 by Justin McAdam, going once!”[/SIZE]

[SIZE= 12px]“Going twice!”[/SIZE]

[SIZE= 12px]“3141.59!”[/SIZE]

[SIZE= 12px]Everyone turned their head to see whose voice just announced the last bid.[/SIZE]

[SIZE= 12px]Nathan Gelding.[/SIZE]

[SIZE= 12px]The whispers were only growing louder as gossips started building up throughout the room.[/SIZE]

[SIZE= 12px]“Are they an item?”[/SIZE]

[SIZE= 12px]“I think he likes her. Ooooooo!”[/SIZE]

[SIZE= 12px]“They match each other.”[/SIZE]

[SIZE= 12px]“Who’s he?”[/SIZE]

[SIZE= 12px]"It's the guy who helped me in Calculus!"[/SIZE]

[SIZE= 12px]"Oh shit, I thought he was dating Xavier...Didn't they have something going on Freshman year?"[/SIZE]

[SIZE= 12px]“Oh it’s the little genius elf! He’s kind of cute.”[/SIZE]

[SIZE= 12px]“Justin is a fucking a-hole. Who would want another girl after bidding on Madeleine?”[/SIZE]

[SIZE= 12px]Janet, unable to take where her auction was heading tapped on the microphone obnoxiously to remove any voices that wasn’t hers. “Enough! Thank you Nathan! 3141.59 going once!”[/SIZE]

[SIZE= 12px]“And sold to Nathan Gelding! Thank you! Please give Abigail a round of applause!”[/SIZE]

[SIZE= 12px]The crowd clapped and cheered away as Abigail left the stage. Janet then resumed calling out the next few contestants: Jamie Harrison, Oliver Queen, Keira Yukimura, Ivan Lee, Mary Williams, Lillian Brady, Whitney Johnson, Allison Snow, Sarah Moon, Angelise Vasiliev, Nick Moretti, David Hathaway, Aurora Knight, and Ashley Sokolov.[/SIZE]

[SIZE= 12px]“Give it to me, I'm worth it
Baby I'm worth it
Uh huh I'm worth it
Gimme gimme I'm worth it
Give it to me, I'm worth it
Baby I'm worth it
Uh huh I'm worth it
Gimme gimme I'm worth it”
[/SIZE]

[SIZE= 12px]Finally, she got to the last contestant and unfortunately, the one she definitely wasn’t a huge fan of. But Janet had to be professional about this.[/SIZE]

[SIZE= 12px]“Okay
I tell her bring it back like she left somethin'
Bring it bring it back like she left somethin'
Uh, in the club with the lights off
What you actin' shy for?”
[/SIZE]

[SIZE= 12px]“Arlington! Are you ready for the last person?" Cheers, screams, and whistles erupted as people started jumping up and down from the excitement. In every auction, the best was always saved for last. So of course, they were definitely excited to see who can top all the previous performances. "Picasso, himself, has been reborn to grace you all with his presence but this time, he’s a she! She can sculpt with her eyes close and her hand behind her back! She’s amazing, you know it, I know it, we all know it! I am truly honored to present the creative, the imaginative, the artistic, the LAST BUT NOT LEAST, AIVREE LANZONE!”[/SIZE]

“Come and show me that you're
Wit it wit it wit it wit it
Stop playin' now you know I'm
Wit it wit it wit it wit it wit it
What you actin' shy for?
Just gimme you, just gimme you
Just gimme you, that's all I wanna do
And if what they say is true
If it's true, I won't get mad at you
I may talk a lot of stuff
Guaranteed, I can back it up”

[COLOR= rgb(128, 0, 128)]@shygirl3 @Kodiak @Kingly [/COLOR]@Sasil @Chamomile

Last edited by a moderator:
5b363f4cf37f7f1fff9f1b463e3cfcc7.png

2f0g0i0.gif

[COLOR= rgb(255, 255, 255)]Aivree looked to Maddy unsure how much she appreciated the women being able to read her mind so easily. Crossing her arms over her chest she sighed tapping her foot impatiently, trying to play it off how right the sunflower was. “Yeah well, men are stupid anyways. Better to be alone.” Aivree spoke before sighing once more and looking to see who was next. Hunter came off all sweaty and excited about the whole thing.[/COLOR]

[COLOR= rgb(255, 255, 255)]You could hear the hollering from the women in the crowd well after he had left and now he was off seeing who was the lucky lady to have a night just with him. Whoever was that girl needed to get a life cheque, spending that much money on a date? Ugh, she really wished this wasn’t going to happen.[/COLOR]

[COLOR= rgb(255, 255, 255)]Aivree took a deep breath and looked to the side hearing the next announcement, lucky for her it wasn’t someone she hated, instead it was someone she liked. Maddy was an innocent little ray of sunshine and how she was able to get so many people to like her was beyond her. Aivree never had that luck. Nope. She wasn’t going to get one bid, she just hoped it wasn’t going to take to long for her to get on stage, get booed off said stage then off to drink her wonderful vodka that was calling her name as she stood barely able to move in the tight dress Hunter and Xav had forced her to wear.[/COLOR]

[COLOR= rgb(255, 255, 255)]With the chants and bids finally dying down Aivree noticed the beautiful Maddy come back from the stage seeming to be excited, but adrenaline of a hundred hormone/drunk teenagers judging your every move did that to a person. Surprisingly, she had not heard the name she thought would be called for having the highest bid.[/COLOR]

[COLOR= rgb(255, 255, 255)]Odd, Xav didn’t even bid on her? Perhaps he just didn’t feel the need to tell the whole world who he liked though, he had to face the music, everyone knew. At least. She knew. Her stomach churned for a moment but she pushed the thoughts down, hoping beyond hope that she woud be next gripping the dress she paced ever so carefully.[/COLOR]

[COLOR= rgb(255, 255, 255)]Abby.[/COLOR]

[COLOR= rgb(255, 255, 255)]Well, perhaps she would be after Abby.[/COLOR]

[COLOR= rgb(255, 255, 255)]Nope. After Abby’s performance, which from the sounds of it seemed to be a pretty exciting show, Aiv wished she could have seen Little-Miss-Perfect strut her stuff. She would have to tease her later about it no doubt. Specially for the guy who got her name. Go Nathen, perhaps his ghost friends gave him the courage to bid.[/COLOR]

[COLOR= rgb(255, 255, 255)]With the Ghost Busters song in her head Aivree waited, she had to be next right?[/COLOR]

[COLOR= rgb(255, 255, 255)]No. Maybe now? [/COLOR]

[COLOR= rgb(255, 255, 255)]No. No. Fuck. No.[/COLOR]

[COLOR= rgb(255, 255, 255)]Fourteen. Fucking. People. [/COLOR]

[COLOR= rgb(255, 255, 255)]That’s how many people were ahead of her.[/COLOR]

[COLOR= rgb(255, 255, 255)]With every person Aivree died a little inside. At first, it was just a little butterfly in her stomach, but now she was absolutely nauseous. There was no way anyone was going to bid now, she was the last fucking person! People were going to expect someone with long hair and big ass boobs! Instead they would be stuck with her.[/COLOR]

[COLOR= rgb(255, 255, 255)]“Fuck you Xav.” Aivree whispered swallowing and looking over her shoulder for any kind of exit. There. She found on, not a few steps away was the perfect place to hide for the rest of the thing she started to walk with a purpose, she would stand the ridicule from Xav and hunter later right now all she wanted to do was be alone.[/COLOR]

[COLOR= rgb(255, 255, 255)]“Now where do you think you are going? You can’t just leave, you signed the paper.” The blonde from before gave a wicked smile grabbing Aivree’s arm literally dragging her towards the curtain. “Ooops, don’t fall to hard.” She laughed lightly Aivree stumbled onto stage hearing the song blared above her head. She swallowed looking to the curtain then to the crowd that seemed to be excited.[/COLOR]

[COLOR= rgb(255, 255, 255)]Less excited then any others who had gone before her though.[/COLOR]

[COLOR= rgb(255, 255, 255)]Why did they leave THAT for last? [/COLOR]

[COLOR= rgb(255, 255, 255)]Get off the stage and bring back one of the hotties![/COLOR]

[COLOR= rgb(255, 255, 255)]Aivree frowned looking to the man who called that, if she wasn’t just about to have a heart attack she would have thrown her shoe at him, but instead she took a few steps forward.[/COLOR]

[COLOR= rgb(255, 255, 255)]Big mistake.[/COLOR]

[COLOR= rgb(255, 255, 255)]It happened in slow motion, the dress being longer then her wee legs and a combination of her feet not used to the heels caused her to fall to the stage with a loud Thud! that echoed throughout the auction. In that instant Aivree swore under her breath unable to look up she just quickly scrambled to her knees ready to jump off the stage and punch whoever talked to her first. There was laughter as her skirt seemed to be against her ever having any dignity left. This wasn’t exactly what she wanted from today, just a bit of dignity. That was all she asked for. [/COLOR]

[COLOR= rgb(255, 255, 255)]Whatever she did, she just wasn’t going to allow them to see her cry.[/COLOR]

Aivree's Dress but in Black

0ryZZuB.jpg

X A V I E R    L E F E B V R E

tumblr_inline_mj0ifgpOKU1qz4rgp.gif

T H E    L A S T   A C T

He jolted at the unexpected bump against his shoulder, Xavier thought he was alone until the soft whistle drew his attention. Vivienne. With her question, Xavier rubbed the nape of his neck with a shy chuckle. “Looks like I’m not rich enough to bid for Maddie,” he joked but they both knew he would have outbid the last bid if he wanted to, he wasn’t at Arlington on a scholarship. Quickly turning the attention away from himself, Xavier immediately spun the conversation back to Vivienne. “And you, not going up there tonight? I was looking forward to see the only woman who can outbid Hunter. Also, it looks like Nathan found himself an extra roommate for the night,” he snickered gleefully. Revenge was best served cold, even if he wasn't the one serving it. He and Hunter were roommates once and that was the only time Xavier wished he was hard of hearing. Those sleepless nights took a toll on him.

He turned to the stage at the mention of Abigail and gaped then laughed as he tilted his head backwards. “Are you kidding? I spent three days ago egging her to do it.”

Their conversation went something like this:

“Do it Abbie, don’t you want other guys to see what a beautiful person you are underneath all that ice princess features?”

“No.”

The compliment tactic didn’t work so Xavier switched to bribery.

“I’ll pay you. 100 bucks to go up there.”

“No.”

“What if I attend class for two days?”

There was a quiet pause as if she was contemplating on it but then Abigail answered, “No.”

Who the hell got her up there? What a fucking genius! He wanted his autograph, he was going to be famous. Xavier could feel it. “HELL YEAH!” Thank god for his short attention span because he forgot all his earlier conversations with Vivienne and now he was cheering for one of his friend. The cut off in music was odd but when it turned back, it was one of the songs he didn’t expect to bring out her wild side.

He whistled and turned to pinch Vivienne on her left cheek. “Christ, it’s really Abigail up there. I’m not dreaming.”

And soon the bidding began with Nathaniel whom Xavier was somewhat friends with. "Looks like Abby got herself a secret little admirer," Xavier commented to Vee. But his bubble was burst when Justin bid on a second female other than Madeleine. Xavier clenched his fists, “That fucking douche, I’m going to kill him.” He would have walked over there, punch the guy on the face but then he would be making a huge scene and Aivree wouldn’t get to strut off her ass onstage. That somehow soothed the male, he had to wait for the girl he urged to get up there to perform first. Justin McAdam would have to die later. He should thank Aivree for delaying his death sentence. Xavier was going to say something or have Vee bid on Abby, anything to remove Justin out of play. However, as it turned out, Nathan beat him to it by yelling out a randomly specific number, as if that's all the guy had in his bank account, down to every last penny.

Xavier wasn't sure if Abigail was better off with Justin or Nathan. A douchebag or the spawn of Saton? It now seemed like either choice was a shitty choice to him. However, he waited for Aivree to be next. And next. And next. But after fourteen people, he had an inkling she never signed up in the first place. Shit, did Hunter leave her and did Aivree run off without telling Xav? She wouldn’t…

She would.

But there she was, being introduced by Janet as the last act. Ecstatic and incredibly pumped up from all the other performances, Xavier made a circle with his index finger and thumb. Placing it in his mouth, he whistled obnoxiously loud, it was his best friend up there (other than Hunter, Aivree is always with him). She walked out in the dress they chose for her, the black petal mermaid gown that Xavier picked out from a random store (his sister made him go shopping) and purchased it on a whim only so she can attend this event. She looked completely mortified but fucking spectacular, like he always told her playfully, “You’re a queen, Aiv, own that.”

But apparently he was the only male that thought so. When the guy right next to him said, “Get off the stage and bring back one of the hotties!” Xavier snapped. It was a irritating long night for him; this was the best reason to let off some steam. He spun to the other male so quickly, it made him feel lightheaded for a second. Before Vivienne could stop him, Xavier's fist knocked the wind out of Jake Morrison. [COLOR= rgb(0, 128, 128)]“W-w-what the hell Xavier?”[/COLOR] Jake coughed out, holding his stomach as he fell backwards.

“You better watch your mouth Morrison. You say that shit one more time and your fucking face meets the wall,” he threatened, pushing the guy who crumbled onto the floor holding his stomach. Fortunate for Xavier, the audience was too busy booing Aivree off the stage for anyone to notice that he almost started a fight.

That punch actually felt good.

He turned to face the stage once more, pretending like he just didn’t assault a guy and shushed Vee just in case she wanted to reprimand him. "He deserved it," he muttered in his defense. Xav was about to yell Aivree’s name as encouragement but she stumbled, tripped, and fell. He winced at the impact she made with the floor. The booing somehow got louder and even Janet stood there, unsure what to do. The music stop abruptly as the others tried to get her off the stage.

“We will never speak of what happens next,” he warned Vivienne.

Jesus, I can’t believe I’m going to do this.

With adrenaline in his system, the man made up his mind as he made his way through the mass of students, pushing people aside, earning their ire, as everyone stared at him with utter befuddlement.  Xavier wasn’t the type to purposely act out for attention. This was the man who found thrill in dangerous stunts, break-dancing, and performing his craft (breaking the rules somehow came with it as a package). This was beyond his comfort zone.

But it was his fault that she was up there.

It was his fault that she looked as if she was about to cry.

It was his fault that she was going to be a laughingstock for the rest of the year.

And he was going to fix it. As people started voluntarily move out of the way for him, Xavier did what he does best. He ran, using the momentum to push his dominant right foot against the stage wall and used his left hand to support his movement. With his muscles tensing up, he flung himself over and onto the stage floor leaving the audience in awe. Janet looked confused, tired of this shit, and exasperated as Xavier grabbed the microphone from her.

Unbeknown to everyone, Xavier was feeling nervous. For once, he had butterflies in his stomach,and he was completely, most definitely, out of his mind. This wasn’t a dance he practiced or a stunt he had pull countless of times. He wasn’t Hunter. He didn’t rip off his clothes and command attention. He was reckless and that’s also another reason why Xavier was up here without knowing what the hell he was going to do next.

The male inhaled deeply and smiled at Aivree, as if he predicted this event the entire time. ‘I’m sorry,’ he mouthed to her. He held out a hand to help her up but his eyes never left hers. With a cheeky grin, Xavier began what he knew would make Hunter poke fun of him for the rest of their time at Arlington.

He fucking sang.

“Aivree Lanzone," he whispered into the microphone, "I won't lie to you, I know he's just not right for you and you can tell me if I'm off,” Xavier started off in a lower tone than the original. There was no background music, just his voice before Janet realized what was happening and so did the girl backstage. The background music started playing as he continued, “But I see it on your face, when you say that he's the one that you want and you're spending all your time in this wrong situation.”

Their hands were still interlocked as he twirled her around once and pulled her close. He could feel his heart hammering against his chest and any time now, he was going to have a heart attack or pass out.

“I know I can treat you better than he can and any girl like you deserves a gentleman!”

He released her hand before walking around her, trying to make Aivree feel more comfortable since she isn't alone on stage. Xavier was dying inside, this wasn't his forte but his sister somehow got him to memorize the song as she continued to sing it throughout the summer.

“Tell me why are we wasting time on all your wasted crying when you should be with me instead. I know I can treat you better, better than he can!”

At this point, Xavier’s voice was growing stronger, louder, and with more conviction. He clutched his sweater before pointing his finger at her for the next few lines.

“I’ll stop time for you, the second you say you'd like me to! I just wanna give you the loving that you're missing!”

And just to screw with her, Xavier walked towards her, leaned in closer, tilting his head to sing right next to her ears. If he was going to do this and live with this for the rest of his life, he was going to have fun. They were going to go down together.

Baby, just to wake up with you would be everything I need and this could be so different. Tell me what you want to do cause, baby, I can treat you better than he can. And any girl like you deserves a gentleman.”

He finished it off with a peck on the cheek as the crowd roared and Xavier handed her the microphone. “Show those motherfuckers what a queen you are,” he winked at her.

Final Location: Onstage

@Sasil @Aster @Kingly @Kodiak @shygirl3 @Chamomile

tumblr_mnv7ch7gsm1rch2o0o7_250.gif

[SIZE= 12px]V[/SIZE]ivienne Lily Andrews; fauteur de troubles

The series of events which took place in a span of fifteen- no, maybe even ten minutes took quite an impact. Kinda like the punch Xavier landed on the well-deserving male nearby. Even if Vivienne had wanted to stop it, she doubt she could've. Feeling speechless and rather stunned at both the result of Abigail's auction and her unexpected but amazing dance to Britney Spears, it was nothing compared to what took place next.

“We will never speak of what happens next.”

Xavier had warned, but who said anything about speaking? His entrance onto the stage was every bit reckless and spontaneous as he is; and by the time Xavier had taken the mic from Janet, Vivienne was already recording everything live on snap chat and instagram.

A dance major singing? It was no small riot among the audience. With just the addition of Xavier, the crowd's jeers had done a 180, turning into loud hollering cheers instead. Who cares if Xavier was a bit off pitch? His heart was in the right place and Vivienne would not have been prouder than to have a friend like him.

Interactions: @FirePolaris

Mentions: @shygirl3

2f0g0i0.gif

[COLOR= rgb(255, 255, 255)]The boo’s and groans from the crowd had two feelings swelling deep inside Aivree. Anger and humiliation. Anger for every boo made her want to jump of the stage and drop kick the guys who had the spunk to even do that but the fear of standing up and actually seeing such a thing? It had her stomach in a knot, all she wanted to do was roll into a ball and perhaps just wait there till everyone left. Maybe no one would notice if she did that? [/COLOR]

[COLOR= rgb(255, 255, 255)]As Aivree was having a small anxiety attack, the tears that threatened to fall were stopped at the sudden thud came from the stage. Was someone coming onto the stage just to get her off? That was low even for— [/COLOR]

[COLOR= rgb(255, 255, 255)]It was Xavier, he pulled one of the many dance tricks out of his pocket and somehow ended up on the stage. At the sight she sat up a bit watching him with a dumbfounded look on her face, at least she wasn’t the only one confused though. From the murmurs that she was hearing around her she could tell others were thinking the same thing.   [/COLOR]

[COLOR= rgb(255, 255, 255)]“What the hell are you doing Xav...” Aivree whispered watching him a moment before he took the microphone from an exasperated Janet and took a breath. Aivree knew him well enough to know that he was nervous, he was her best friend after all—this wasn’t something he had planned. Well, she hadn’t planned on falling and making a fool of herself. No her plan was to make everyone jealous—show them she was the Queen like he had said. [/COLOR]

[COLOR= rgb(255, 255, 255)]Well, that hadn’t happened. [/COLOR]

[COLOR= rgb(255, 255, 255)]But the moment he offered his hand, mouthed the words ‘I’m sorry’ she felt most of her fears melt away. She swallowed standing go her feet with his help. His height helped balance her on the large ass shoes but that wasn’t what she was focusing on. No—her eyes where stuck on his face. [/COLOR]

[COLOR= rgb(255, 255, 255)]He wouldn’t take her gaze off her and the moment her name slipped his lips, his voice starting to sing a song she had secretly loved that summer, he sang to her. Why was he singing to her? Her heart started to hammer in her chest all over again, perhaps harder. Out of instinct, she held tighter onto his hand getting any kind of support she possibly could as he sang the lyrics in a low voice, he rocked it. [/COLOR]

[COLOR= rgb(255, 255, 255)]But then again, he rocked anything that he put his mind on. [/COLOR]

[COLOR= rgb(255, 255, 255)]“Why are you doing this?” She whispered to him once more nervously as he let her hand go, walking around her. Turning to follow him with her eyes and ignore the group of people who seemed to be much more enthused with the sudden change of events. Most thought this was all supposed to be happening. That couldn’t be it right? Had he really planned to sing such a touching song to her? [/COLOR]

[COLOR= rgb(255, 255, 255)]It was Xavier though—Did this mean something? Or was he just trying to make her feel better? [/COLOR]

[COLOR= rgb(255, 255, 255)]Unlike she wished, her ears started to warm up dramatically turning a shade of pink till the moment he planted the soft kiss on her cheek and handed her the microphone. He was done singing, deep down, she wished he wasn’t. [/COLOR]

[COLOR= rgb(255, 255, 255)]“Who knew you could sing.” She spoke to him swallowing before trying to get her mind over the fact she wasn’t a singer, not really. Painter, sculptor, welder—But singer? Not ever. [/COLOR]

[COLOR= rgb(255, 255, 255)]But to prove the motherfuckers wrong she belted it out.  [/COLOR]

[COLOR= rgb(255, 255, 255)]‘Give me a sign take my hand, we’ll be fine, promise I won’t let you down.’ [/COLOR]

[COLOR= rgb(255, 255, 255)]Aivree couldn’t believe she was singing in front of all the kids in the school. But she focused on Xav and ignored the others, that was the only thing allowing her to not faint on her. [/COLOR]

[COLOR= rgb(255, 255, 255)]‘Just know that you don’t have to do this alone, promise I’ll never let you down.’ [/COLOR]

[COLOR= rgb(255, 255, 255)]With the last lyrics leaving her mouth Aivree swallowed letting her hand fall to her side barely able to hold onto the microphone. People seemed impressed the crowd cheered and Janet even seemed to be excited.  [/COLOR]

[COLOR= rgb(255, 255, 255)]Hurrying to grab her spotlight once more Aivree moved and handed her back the microphone glad to finally be rid of it. It was getting back to her—she fucking sang in front of these people. She wasn’t going to live this down. But now was the part she didn’t want to hear. [/COLOR]

[COLOR= rgb(255, 255, 255)]The bidding.  [/COLOR]

[COLOR= rgb(255, 255, 255)]“Well! This was a surprise! Let’s say we get the bidding started shall we? Do I hear 1000?” Janet called hearing above the crowd a female call from the crowd, Aivree didn’t recognize the girl but she was almost glad to see that someone was at least a remotely interested. [/COLOR]

[COLOR= rgb(255, 255, 255)]“1000? Do I hear 1050?” Janet called. [/COLOR]

[COLOR= rgb(255, 255, 255)]Another bidder. [/COLOR]

[COLOR= rgb(255, 255, 255)]Aivree covered her face looking to Xav a moment from behind her hands. “You suck…so much.” It was a tease, he knew it was her way of thanking him but…still. There was some truth to it. [/COLOR]

[COLOR= rgb(255, 255, 255)]T H E    C O N C L U S I O N[/COLOR]

“Aivree Lanzone, there’s a lot of things you don’t know about me,” he quipped, winking at her before letting the female take the stage. He ran a hand through his hair, fingering past all the tiny strangles that wove together throughout the night. The slight breeze was a welcome to the rush of heat that was crawling throughout his body. Xavier was living in the moment, and he loves it. He loved the way she looked at him as she tightened her grasp on the microphone, the hesitant quivering of her lips. For that split second, he was her pillar of strength and she allowed her vocal range to shine, hitting the pitch higher in a more acoustic manner than the actual song.

‘Give me a sign, take my hand, we’ll be fine, promise I won’t let you down. Just know that you don’t have to do this alone, promise I’ll never let you down.’  

The song, oddly, seemed to match their relationship with each other. Self-proclaimed as her best guy friend, Xavier was there when her father continued to disregard her even years after her mother passed away. He always silently had her back, being that one constant, albeit irritating, force in her life. He was that guy who grabbed her waist and jumped off during cliff diving when she hesitated. To her dismay, he was also the one that pushed her off the edge while bungee jumping. Of course, he would be the one who makes her sing onstage in front of hundreds of people.

Once she was done, Xavier has never felt prouder, not even when he went to class with Abigail for a day because he won a dance competition (and that was pretty miraculous). This was the Aivree he knew and adored, the one who throws her middle finger up at people and shows them that she’s perfect and she didn’t give a damn who says otherwise. Xavier inhaled deeply, taking her hands in his, he raised both of their hands up after he took the microphone from her.

“Arlington! I present you Aivree Lanzone! Don’t you forget it!” The audience cheered, whistled, and clapped as it ended. Janet gleefully walked over, slapping him in the back before snatching the microphone from him. The bidding has begun.

“Do I hear a 1050?” Janet called out.

“1275!” Another female waved her hand. Aivree had always attracted the female population.

“1300!”

“1400!”

“1550!”

In the midst of the bidding, he untwined their hands, using her as his new body rest. His arm snaked around her shoulder, letting it dangle over her collar bone as he leaned against her. “I told you I got your back, you love me, admit it Lanzone. You fucking love me,” he said, chuckling as she hid behind her hands. Oh man. It was cute that she thought this was over after the song was done.

“And you’re going to owe me a date,” with that one statement. Xavier did what he told himself he wasn’t going to do all night. He was hoping Hunter would take the rein from here but the man has proven to be nonexistent after his performance. Aivree seemed anxious about the bidding and he knew. He knew because behind that sarcastic, blunt, and cold demeanor, was a female who wants to be treated with love and respect even at an auction like this one.

He raised his hand lazily, with a lopsided grin. “4,913,” Xavier thought he was freaking clever, bidding the exact number to the date when they first met at the hallway.

Janet raised an eyebrow, today was full of surprises and random bidding amounts but she was just going along with it. “We have a bid for 4913! Going once!”

[SIZE= 12px]“And that's the end of it!”[/SIZE]

The crowd erupted in cheers and hushed whispers as Xavier ushered Aivree down the stairs and back into the crowd before Janet got any ideas about putting him up for auction. Once Janet was up onstage alone, the music and talking died down.

“My fellow classmates, it’s been such an honor to host this event this year! I hope you all enjoyed the music and the fantastic performances! Special shout out to Nathan Gelding, Kim Lover, Vivienne Andrews, Johnny Kang, Lilian Yu, Jaime O'Brian, and Karly Kennedy for helping us today! For those who bid, please be prepared for an email for further information. It’s been a pleasure being your announcer this evening. Thank you and STAY CLASSY CLASS OF 2017! Peace out!”

The room started their new chant, “SEN-OIRS! SEN-OIRS! SEN-OIRS! SEN-OIRS! SEN-OIRS! SEN-OIRS! SEN-OIRS! SEN-OIRS! SEN-OIRS! SEN-OIRS! SEN-OIRS! SEN-OIRS!” throughout the entire room as the students began leaving the auditorium.

The auction was finally over.

Xavier, still attached to Aivree, moved out along with the crowd. He wasn’t sure where Hunter was but he figured his friend probably had other plans for the night.

“See, told you that wasn’t so bad. Could have been worse. Could have fallen off the stage and break your arm.” Xavier wasn't kidding, he spoke from experience.

@Sasil @Aster @Kingly @shygirl3 @Kodiak

Nathan Gelding

bbe470242a6c955b7a65bbfdc08cde6b.jpg

If Nathan were a betting man, he might have made a few predictions on how the auction would turn out. He might have wagered how much money was paid, who would make the final bid, or how many bidders would raise their hands for a single person. He might have considered the things that could have gone wrong - the wardrobe malfunctions, the technical malfunctions, the hiccups in the program - if he were to think outside the box. As it was, Nathan was not a betting man, and thank goodness for that because he would have lost every penny tonight if he had been.

Even though he'd orchestrated the song change on his own, he couldn't have predicted Abby's impromptu dance performance - and what a performance it was! He'd never before seen the spunky, flirty version of Abby he saw on stage. It never occurred to him that Abigail Davenport, the bookish know-it-all, would have a spunky, flirty side at all, that she had even the slightest aptitude for learning choreography or that she could even move to a beat.

Nathan stood in a bewildered daze, his mouth hanging open and his eyes wide and unblinking, even as the next few students came and went. He thought he knew Abby quite well. He certainly knew her better than he knew anyone else. He knew her parents weren't around much when she was growing up, much like Nathan's weren't for him. He knew she was happiest with a book in her hands and an exam to study for. But the girl who danced to Britney Spears? Who was she and where the hell did she come from?

As the remaining students strutted, paraded and peacocked on stage, his mind drifted back to Hunter's nauseating performance and Maddie's stunning debut. Realistically, Nathan could have predicted Hunter's course of action, but he wouldn't have been willing to put money on it. There were a dozen other things his roommate could have done to shock the crowd; he simply chose the easiest (and probably most effective) route. But Maddie? She was a revelation. 

Surprising as the night had been, Nathan could not have foreseen the auction's final lot. Aivree Lanzone, another of his housemates and his sort-of cold, sort-of nice, sort-of friend appeared on stage. 

In a dress.

A red one. 

Even from the center of the crowd, Nathan could feel her discomfort, could feel the awkward tension radiating off her as she stepped forward. For a moment, he wondered if maybe it was all in his head. Maybe seeing Aivree in a dress was one surprise too many for his brain to process. 

But something didn't feel right. The energy in the room had shifted. The crowd's earlier euphoria had evaporated, along with common sense and decency, and was replaced by mean belligerence. 

Nathan scowled at a group of guys nearby, none attractive and all obviously drunk, who were booing Aivree. This wasn't right. Say something, Janet! Regain control of the crowd! But the emcee couldn't read his mind. She did nothing but smile that fake, unctuous smile of hers. No one was doing anything, but someone needed to do something. 

And then someone did.

When Xavier hopped on stage, took Aivree's hand and began to sing, Nathan almost turned to the guy next to him to see if they'd entered the Twilight Zone. He knew Xavier and Aivree were friends, but what he saw on stage looked like something far different. The way they looked into each other's eyes, the way they smiled at each other, the way they stood close without leaning away - it all told a story Nathan hadn't known existed. 

Thespians the world over say there's something transformative about the stage. Something powerful that makes them don their second skin as if it was their first. But maybe it did more than that. Maybe it revealed as much as it disguised. After all, hadn't Nathan seen sides of his housemates and friends tonight that he'd never seen before? And hadn't they all shown him those sides while on stage, albeit a makeshift one set up in an auditorium? 

Nathan couldn't ponder his theory for long. After Xavier's final winning bid - a strangely precise number with no mathematical significance Nathan could pinpoint - Janet closed the auction and the event was officially over. 

Students began to disperse or continued to mingle and dance. But Nathan had pressing business backstage.

He found Abby, returned to her normal state of dress, shortly after he retrieved his phone. He approached her with a slow, deliberate clap. 

"Very impressive performance, Miss Davenport," he said. "Tell me, is learning Britney Spears choreography a requisite course in American primary schools? I suddenly feel there's so much about your culture I don't know." His mouth stretched into a wide grin. "I expect the full details of when and how you learned that dance on our date, which I will be choosing and for which you will be paying."

Their date. It sounded odd. Not entirely unpleasant, but definitely odd. Nathan shook it out of this mind. "But we can talk about that later," he said. "You have no idea what you missed tonight." 

He then proceeded to relay the night's events to Abby with gusto. Finally, he thought, this feels normal. Long gone was the nervous boy who'd been waiting for a girl outside the doors of a school dance. Now he felt like himself again, like Abby's friend.

2f0g0i0.gif

[COLOR= rgb(255, 255, 255)]Aivree would be lying if she wasn’t at least a bit surprised that she had gotten a few bids. She would have been happy with someone bidding 50 on her—that way she could just throw the money back in their faces and run away and not have to have a stupid date with someone. But, instead the bids went higher and higher. Higher then she had first anticipated that was for sure—why was someone really doing such a thing? Her heart was pounding but she was relaxing even if it was just a bit. [/COLOR]

[COLOR= rgb(255, 255, 255)]  [/COLOR]

[COLOR= rgb(255, 255, 255)]“I suppose I should have trusted you.” Aivree mumbled a bit clearing her throat a bit more embarrassed then she had been a few moments ago. She was used to him using her as some kind of rest, clinging to her or just falling asleep on her shoulder. After all, she was the perfect size for him to lean against without bothering her..well to much anyways. But the words, ‘you fucking love me’ had her swallowing hard, the bile that wanted to escape only when she was super nervous tried to erupt but she got control of it. Unable to move from the stage though she watched in both horror and admiration as he bid on her. [/COLOR]

[COLOR= rgb(255, 255, 255)]She knew the number, only he would be the cheesy guy to bid the number that would have significance to her and him. “Xavier! Why are you bidding so fucking much? You don’t—I mean-I thought Hunter was going to bid?“ she stuttered looking at him with still the awe she had before. [/COLOR]

[COLOR= rgb(255, 255, 255)]In complete honesty, she wanted to run away from him. If he wanted to do some kind of date hell she would have. Never would have admitted it, but they hung out all the time anyways! It wasn’t like this was going to be different, only difference was that he paid a fucking lot of money just to leave the auditorium. [/COLOR]

[COLOR= rgb(255, 255, 255)]As they left the stage Aivree already could hear the rumors starting to pour from their mouths, a few sad looking girls looked her way too. She smirked a little at the thought but her churning stomach still stayed tight in her chest.[/COLOR]

[COLOR= rgb(255, 255, 255)]“It was probably worse then I had-had anticipated. At least you got rushed off the stage.” She grumbled looking to him a moment as they made it to the crowd, people where leaving and she wanted to go too. She remembered such an incident, him breaking some kind of bone in his body was a normal occurrence, she was there to talk him through it. He was there for her hardships and she was there for his. [/COLOR]

[COLOR= rgb(255, 255, 255)]   [/COLOR]

[COLOR= rgb(255, 255, 255)]Now, she felt like she almost didn’t want to be near him with how embarrassed she suddenly was. Perhaps all she needed was some time to cool. [/COLOR]

[COLOR= rgb(255, 255, 255)]Yeah, that was it. [/COLOR]

[COLOR= rgb(255, 255, 255)]   [/COLOR]

[COLOR= rgb(255, 255, 255)]Clearing her throat she stepped from his grasp running a hand through her hair before looking towards the set, she needed her clothes after all. They were still probably behind set. “I need out of this dress before I fall again or do something worse like flash the place.” She mumbled pulling the skirt up so she didn’t have to worry about tripping on it. “You-I’ll see you later. Thanks…again.” she rambled. Aviree never rambled. [/COLOR]

[COLOR= rgb(255, 255, 255)]What the fuck was wrong with her? [/COLOR]

d1e707791943e03460ef9bb7518763bb.jpg

outfit. xx | mood. slightly worried

"you're a diamond, dear. they can't break you."  - unknown

embed.php

Madeleine left the stage with leftover adrenaline in her veins, a spring in her step as a few complimented her on the performance. She continued to mingle and socialise with those backstage as other auctionees took their turn to impress. She almost forgot about Abby until her name was called out. 

Maddie perked up at the announcement of the perfectionist that she knew, loved and lived with before excusing herself from her current conversation, rushing to take a better look. She was not a bit worried about her dear friend on stage and after the abrupt, mildly confusing song change, she found herself cheering on the performance. Clean, certainly tasteful and well managed. Abby was great out there.

But things take a sour turn. Justin McAdams, her end bidder wanted another girl for himself. While Nathan eventually won the bid,There was a quick conflict inside her, negative feelings attacking her positive ones.

A voice piped up in her head. What's wrong with a polyamorous relationship anyway? Hey, it's with Abby. She's a nice person, maybe she knows him. I don't want to criticise anyone's tastes-

No, shut up, another voice said. He's probably there for the sex. What a douchebag.

[SIZE= 12px]There goes her good intentions. But thing is, what would she say to him. To that idiot. She shook her head and decided to take her mind off of it by continuing the chatter.[/SIZE]

[SIZE= 12px]It wasn't long until she was approached by the same backstage girl, whose name she learned as Soraya. "Maddie, while I must say that the dress looks amazing on you, I need it back."[/SIZE]

[SIZE= 12px]"Could I wear it just a little bit longer?"[/SIZE]

[SIZE= 12px]"It just makes my job easier."[/SIZE]

[SIZE= 12px]She complied and went to the changing cubicles. Could I could just buy the dress? Or! Or, ask one of the photographers. Yeah...[/SIZE]

[SIZE= 12px]When she came out, there was an uncertain feeling in her gut. Something uneasy, something wrong that she wasn't aware of. Then she heard booing. The blonde made her way to see the stage, where Aivree was on the ground. The crowd was none too happy and neither was Madeleine, looking at her friend getting humiliated.[/SIZE]

[SIZE= 12px]Her compassionate instincts told her to run out there, but she paused and saw a familiar face on stage. Xavier.[/SIZE]

[SIZE= 12px]She watched on in awe and fascination. He sang and so did she, a beautiful duet that ended with Xavier taking the winning bid. A cute couple they'd make, she thought. Maybe...[/SIZE]

[SIZE= 12px]As the auctionees backstage dispersed off to their partners for the night, she, was none too pleased at the fact of her own partner and the compulsory date.  She gave a groan before brightening when she saw Aivree entering backstage. Maddie hurried towards her and took her shoulders. "Aivree," she began, and hugged her. "Gosh, I'm so sorry. I could've helped you, I was right there and shut that stupid crowd up. I was in the changing room and- I'm sorry, are you okay?"[/SIZE]

[SIZE= 12px]"Xavier is a sweetheart, ain't he?"[/SIZE]

tags // @Sasil

location // AASAD

.scontainer {
position:relative;
float:left;
margin-bottom:5px;
margin-top:5px;
}

.photo{
width:200px;
height:200px;
border-radius:50%;
position:absolute; left:0px; top:0; /*so the pic will be under the iris div*/
}

.iris {
height:200px;
overflow:hidden;
border-radius:50%;
border: 100px solid #c8ceeb;
transition: border .5s linear; /*border thickness animated for shutter effect*/
opacity: 0.3;
filter: alpha(opacity=30);
}

.iris:hover, .iris:focus {
border: 5px solid #c8ceeb; /*change border thickness*/
}

.Ncontent { background-image: url("https://media.giphy.com/media/1eKtYfNa9GMPC/giphy.gif"); border-radius:200px 200px 0px 0px; color: #fff; width: 600px; height: 500px; position: relative; font-family: righteous; padding: 25px 25px 25px 25px; text-align: justify; opacity: 0.9;
filter: alpha(opacity=90); }​

223697-winter-is-coming.gif

04d9300d1c9454f2a98295e6e54afff2.jpg

beatriz-boy-christmas-girl-Favim.com-1166827.jpg

946424897a75dcdccb5e112816e2ebef.png

♫ It's the most wonderful time of the year ♫

What’s up with the crew:

You would think three months after the Autumn Auction, people would forget and something or someone else would become the new hot topic of town but not at Arlington. Hunter is still named Arlington’s heartbreaker. Abigail is rumored to be dating Nathan. Aivree’s stumble continued to be the talk among students. Justin’s remained the number one hated male of all time. Maddie is envied by many. Xavier suddenly has a random increase in love confessions. And Vee has disappointed many by not appearing on the stage.

December 15th, 2016

Winter Festival in Arlington Academy is one of the most highly anticipated events all year especially for the underclassmen. On December 15th, a week before Winter Break, yet just two days before finals, it’s your one last chance to relax, have fun, and make peace with others. There are plenty of booths to go around and for the last three years, you have been making the best of it.

Magic show? Check.

Circus du Soleil show? Check.

Awesome student booths and christmas themed food? Triple check.

But why is the Winter Festival the most anticipated festival this year rather than the Autumn Auction? Because for the price of ten tickets or really twenty dollars, dorm number 1004 will be the love messengers for ten minutes. They’re there for your desire and their lips are sealed (hopefully, no guarantees).

♫ Got a secret

Can you keep it?
Swear this one you'll save
Better lock it, in your pocket
Taking this one to the grave ♫

Let us hope that this winter is the festival where love is reciprocated, friendship is made, and no hearts are broken. Love is in the air, be prepared. And remember, the Midnight Masquerade is just around the corner. xoxo

Roles:
@Aster
Vivienne - Chef
@Sasil Aivree - Love Messenger 1

@Chamomile Maddie - Chef
@Kodiak Nathan - Love Messenger 2
@constellation Zakary - Waiter
@FirePolaris Xavier - Waiter

@shygirl3 Abigail - Love Messenger 3

PS. Hunter has found his way into the overseer for this event, Victoria Greene’s heart and he is excused from partaking in the arduous work of this festival. @Kingly

T H E  M O R N I N G  O F  T H E  E V E N T

No. Just plain old no. Why did he have to work for someone else’s enjoyment? That goes against his values. Prizes didn’t entice the man. The only way to escape this was to file a claim with the Arlington Academy announcing that it was against his religion to do anything on Christmas. But he knew with his record, no one would believe him and while he could ditch his housemates, Abigail and Maddie somehow managed to talk him into doing this. Damn them. They caught him off guard. Finals was literally two days away and there he was, not studying like he was suppose to (not that he would). Eating his cereal away, he stood in the darkness of the kitchen like a mouse trying to steal food as he wondered why he had to be a waiter at 4 in the morning while Hunter laughed and told him that he wasn’t going to be helping them. Damn that lucky bastard. But winning someone's heart over? That was also too much work for Xavier. 

They all agreed that they would choose their roles by picking it out of the hat. He hilariously snorted at Aivree and Nathan for getting the sucky roles but when he pulled out being a waiter, he wasn’t the last one laughing. While many would kill for the role, Xavier would rather be tucked away making hot chocolate like Vee. She probably cheered when she got the easiest role out of them all. Bored out of his mind, he took his bowl of Fruit Loops without milk into the living room and turned on the TV. A soap opera appeared on the screen.

“Giselle! Don’t leave me! I didn’t know it wasn’t you but it was instead your long lost twin!”

Plopped down, Xavier found himself spread over on the sofa.

“Humph! You can’t recognize me even after five years? I don’t believe you. I thought you were the one!”

Xavier threw his cereal up in the air, moving his head side to side to snatch the piece of cereal in his mouth.

“It’s not what it looks like. Listen to me Giselle! You guys have the same hair and eye color.”

Xavier didn’t blame the guy, he had terrible recognition skills. He wouldn’t be able to tell the twins apart either. He flicked another green piece of Fruit Loops up in the air and -

“FORGET IT NATHAN! WE’RE JUST NOT MEANT TO BE!”

The unexpected outburst from Giselle and the mention of Nathan caused the male to jerk upwards, the unbalance bowl of cereal on his stomach fell over in a suicide manner onto the floor with pieces of rainbow colored loops all over the floor.

“Jesus Christ Giselle!” Xavier yelled at the TV. Groaning, he told himself he’ll clean it up in the morning.

December 15th, 2016. 9:00 AM.

He could hear showers running, the sunlight blasting through the curtains, screening itself over his eyes trying to wake him up in the process. Xavier gritted his teeth, turning to face the sofa’s back and away from the sunlight. But the voices in the room and the ringing of his phone finally got the lethargic male to sit up and waddle over to his bedroom, stepping and crushing the pieces of cereal that scattered all over the wooden floor beside the sofa. He yawned, heading straight into the shower.

He washed up, showered, and came out with a towel wrapped around his waist and a little bit more awake than this morning. “Dude, if you don’t get up, you’ll never hear the end of it from Abby,” he warned his roommate before getting dressed. “And trust me. You want to hear the end of it from her.” He was kidding, of course, but an angry Abigail was never a good one especially with all the rumors that she was eloping away with Nathan. Xavier snorted remembering when Alison asked if he was going to be invited to their wedding. God, he had never had such a good laugh before.

Xavier moved over to his closet to grab his school uniform and undid a few buttons. He hated the ties and the restrictions of the suffocating buttons. There were better ways to die. They were suppose to be at the booth location by 10:00 to prepare for their event. He checked his phone, 9:30 AM. He looked again at the email that was sent to their group by Victoria Greene.

Dear Dorm 1004,

Your assignment is attached to this email and all the instructions are given. Roles can be decided among you but you will need to be there at 10 AM sharp in the Main Gym. Decorations are already done. There is a small kitchen in the Main Gym for your menu that is also attached to this email. Please turn in all your tickets to the student officers at Blake Building by 5 PM sharp. Thank you and Happy Holidays!

PS. Good luck on your finals, may the force be with you.

Sincerely,
Victoria Greene

Xavier had no idea why they would have a small kitchen in the Main Gym but no wonder why those basketball players always had dinner together after their game. He tucked his phone away in his pocket as he grabbed his black pair of socks and his blue blazer. Slipping on the black loafers they had to wear as part of the school uniform, Xavier opened his bedroom door.

Mentions: Hunter @Kingly, Abigail @shygirl3, Maddie @Chamomile, Nathan @Kodiak, Aivree @Sasil , Vivienne @Aster

Talks to: Zakary @constellation

A chef. Yes, of course, a chef is exactly the first thing anyone would think when sizing up Vivienne Andrews for the first time. Heavy sarcasm is dripping from Aster's fingertips as he/she types this because breaking the fourth wall is something he/she can do. Vivienne was an actor. And a damn good one at best. If the blonde could act as a split personality lawyer who sometimes believed she was possessed by a duck, then sure she could play the role as a chef.

Only chefs required more practical skill than memorization and dramatic movement. Chefs don't need to carry out a story line or plot or interact with any other "characters" on the stage. Chefs focused more on the ingredients at hand and work their culinary magic in turning plain household ingredients into a work of gastronomical wonder; not internalize their very being and purpose in life (character outline. Had to learn it in second sem and it was a pain in the ass.).

But it was just cupcakes, strawberries and drinks. How hard can that be?

Vivienne learned that it was very hard, mostly because her skills in the kitchen were decided by a roll of a dice and unfortunately for her, it landed on 2/6. Tough luck.

The babe had enough practical skills to survive living on her own but apparently not enough to handle a stream of incoming orders. Of course, Vivienne doesn't know this yet given that there's still twenty minutes left until start time. Feeling somewhat confident and silently repeating/rehearsing what she has to do, the babe felt ready.

Yeah, I can do this.

Or so she thought. Never would she have expected to have broken a cup, burn chocolate, scald her hands with boiling water twice all in the span of thirty minutes of oncoming, curious students. Then again, this only takes place once dorm room 1004 is opened for customers,  which was to happen in, counting down, fifteen minutes.

(not tagging or mentioning anyone in this post cause it's too troll-y & I don't have it in me to fix it ¯\_(ツ)_/¯)

outfit. uniform | mood. fresh & excited

"those who don't believe in magic will never find it."  - unknown

embed.php

Madeleine is one of the first people up, as usual. It's no secret that she enjoys the perks of taking a long, relaxing shower before the start of her day. She washes her hair back to its gleaming blondness, she hums. And she exits, still continuing to loudly hum to the melody of 'The Girl from Ipanema'. She approaches the closet door, drying her wet hands on the towel that wrapped around her figure before quickly glancing at all the papers, notably plastered in an slightly deranged manner on her side of the wardrobe.

"This, this and this can go in there," She takes multiple yellow notes in hand, crumpling them with a crackle before they each drop into the recycling bin Maddie prepared. No surprise, it was pilling. "Looks like I have to write a note to take that out after school."

[SIZE= 12px]She gets herself dressed and brushes her hair. "It's thyme to get cooking!" Maddie exclaims to her reflection in enthusiasm for her and Viv's roles as chef. All the cooking puns shall be released and she grins at the thought. Technically, however, the only cooking they'll be doing is the cupcakes. But, baking puns aren't so bad. "Today's going to be grate!"[/SIZE]

[SIZE= 12px]She writes her I-need-to-throw-out-the-recycling-bin note before leaving with a certain excitement bouncing in her heels. She exits, and would've made a beeline for the kitchen when she saw, what is that? No, wait, that's cereal. Fruit Loops, to be exact. Now who would make such a mess?[/SIZE]

[SIZE= 12px]Maddie cranes her neck to see if anyone was already out of their rooms. The coast is clear and the culprit is nowhere in sight. [/SIZE][SIZE= 12px]The blonde approaches the sofa, and crouched to the floor, examining the crime. She begins to pick up the pieces on the palm of her hand. She hears a door open and glanced up to see Xavier, all done and less eager about the event than she is, it seems.[/SIZE]

[SIZE= 12px]"Morning, Xav!" she greets him, still crouching on the floor, absorbed into the task at hand. "Someone left a mess of cereal near the sofa. Do you remember anyone with Fruit Loops?" [/SIZE]

mentions & tags // @Aster @FirePolaris

location // The Dorm

2f0g0i0.gif

[SIZE= 14px]Aivree lay staring at the ceiling unable to get her butt in gear and get out of bed. She was alone in the bedroom she shared with Abby, probably one of the last ones awake to get ready for the shitty events that the school went on. [/SIZE]

[SIZE= 14px]Love Messenger.[/SIZE]

[SIZE= 14px]Fucking. Love. Messenger.[/SIZE]

[SIZE= 14px]She groaned swearing under her breath once more before throwing her arm over her head holding back a scream of dismay and angst. It had to have been one of the worst jobs they could have given her. Messengers had to be perky, happy—two things Aivree definitely was not. This would have been good job for Hunter or maybe Maddy. But nope, she was stuck telling people sweet nothings from someone to fucking chicken to tell the other party themselves.[/SIZE]

[SIZE= 14px]While she wanted to run off and see if skipping would work she had been ganged up on, making sure that she would show. At least she wasn’t alone in her pain, Nathan would be right alongside her probably grumbling about the same as her, just with less amount of swear words. [/SIZE]

[SIZE= 14px]Hearing the movement in the other room Aivree finally got the energy to stand up and change out of her pjs. Unlucky for her she had to actually wear the constricting outfit that was there uniform. Skirt, tight blouse—everything about it was annoying and just caused her to feel more on display then before. If it wasn’t any better she was almost positive she was going to have to wear some kind of dorky ‘messenger hat’ and a bag to keep the sweet letters in for the recipients. To hell with that.[/SIZE]

[SIZE= 14px]After changing into her outfit, course she had showered the night before, lucky for her she had short hair that she could tousle and still have it looking like she had stayed in front of a mirror for hours on end. A little foundation, earrings with skulls and she was out of the door with a grump and groan ignoring all who talked to her. [/SIZE]

[SIZE= 14px]“Anyone who speaks to much to me I will bite there face off.” She growled looking to the small group that had woken up. “We better fucking get our own coffee to go with this stupid event. Why isn’t anyone else up, I’m the latest sleeper other than Hunter.” Aivree asked leaning against a part of the chair looking towards the small group that gathered. [/SIZE]

Speaks to: @FirePolaris @constellation @Aster @Kodiak @Chamomile

C O F F E E  &  Y O G U R T

He jolted at the familiar soothing voice calling out his name the first thing in the morning. "Excuse me miss, can I have the time? I'd check my watch but I can't take my eyes off you." How did Xavier deal with his crush? Utter boy-like and spilling his pick up lines with a wink just because he knew that she believed it was all for fun.

An immediate smile appeared as he closed the door behind him. “Heh, looks who’s full of sunshine this morning. Stop, you’re blinding me,” he joked, placing a hand over his eyes as he almost stumbled towards her. “Morning Maddie, what are you doing?” he asked wondering why she was crouching on the floor as if she lost her earrings. But to her answer, Xavier withheld snickering and shrugged to show that he had absolutely no idea. He scratched his head looking confused and then another teasing remark.

“Are you sure it’s not you? Promise I won’t tell a soul,” Xavier grinned as he knelt down onto the floor next to her. As he picked some of them, the male confessed his sins rather quickly. “I kid, it was me,” he said meekly similar to a child before a large scolding. He began telling his story about last night, mentioning about Giselle and her twin. He continued talking about how he actually made the same mistake a couple years ago because twins were hard to tell apart. Xavier wasn't very good at those types of things and he chuckled sheepishly after his explanation to Maddie.

“I was going to clean them up first thing in the morning but you beat me to it,” Xavier added as he grabbed all the remaining Fruit Loops. He got up and headed to the kitchen, tossing the fallen comrades into the trash and washing his hands afterwards as he waited for Maddie to do the same. Once he was done, it seemed like others were also waking up. A grouchy growl came from the living room got Xavier  to sniggered softly, looking more amused than worried.

“Looks like someone woke up on the wrong side of the bed,” he yelled from the kitchen, already onto making coffee using a Keurig to ease his friend’s bitterness. The smell of caffeine was lovely with a bittersweet after scent. The machine gurgled just as it started falling stream-like into the white ceramic mug. He didn’t blame her, Xavier would probably be cursing too if he was a love messenger. He snorted inwardly at the thought of being a love messenger. How ridiculous. Xavier grabbed a silver spoon and yogurt for his own breakfast. Once the mug of coffee was completely filled, he slided into the living room looking chipper just as Madeleine. Her happiness was always contagious for him. Luckily for him, the coffee was intact as he handed it to Aivree.

Xavier yawned, plopping sloppily back onto the couch. He turned to Maddie before asking, “I thought Vee would be up as well. Is she still asleep? Zak hasn't budge since last night.”

But Aivree's words held the truth. Usually both Hunter and Aivree aren’t morning people while Xavier flip-flopped between being obnoxiously happy or completely irritable. He yawned again, making himself comfortable on the couch like last night. “I’d love to trade spots with you,” he said before pausing just to get her hopes up. “But then you'd have to kill and bury me.” Of course, Aivree would completely jump upon the offer to bury him alive but he grinned that usual cheeky grin just to irate her.

"Joking aside, if you ever need help, you know where to find me. And Maddie? Save me a cupcake?"

Talks to: Maddie @Chamomile,  Aivree @Sasil

Mentioned: Zakary @constellation Vivienne @Aster

[SIZE= 14px]
[/SIZE]

[SIZE= 14px]
2f0g0i0.gif
[/SIZE]

[SIZE= 14px]Aivree gave a bored look towards Xavier at the cheeky mention of ‘up on the wrong side of the bed’. Course, he seemed cheeky. He had one of the easier jobs. Waiter, all he had to do was get peoples drinks and food right and he was golden. She actually had to interact, run around and find people she didn’t even know. Talk about getting the most social awkward person to do a job like that. Though, if things went wrong Aivree could always go to the wrong person give the message and have a bit of fun with it.[/SIZE]

[SIZE= 14px]That almost sounded more fun than following the rules. Alas, she knew if she pulled any kind of prank like that she would be beheaded by committee and that just wasn’t on her agenda.  Not yet anyways, she supposed she would have to wait and see how well things went on throughout the day.[/SIZE]

[SIZE= 14px]With Xavier returning from the kitchen, the waft of fresh coffee emitting off him she quickly took the glass from him eager to get the morning and day over with. And while it wasn’t a cup filled with vodka coffee was the second best thing she could have. After two large sips she sighed happily leaning her head back, and shoulders slumped in a more relaxed state. [/SIZE]

[SIZE= 14px]“Oh my God that was what I needed. TO bad I can’t put a shot of vodka or something in this and everything would be better” she admitted looking to the cup before looking to Xavier as he cheekily spoke to her and sat next to the girl crush of the century. The boy seemed to always be in a good mood around Maddy, but she supposed that was what went on when you had a crush on someone like her.[/SIZE]

[SIZE= 14px]“You’re an asshole you know that?” Aivree groaned trying to pretend she did not get as excited as she had when he pretended to offer to take her spot as the Love Messenger. “Maddy why don’t you do it. You’re perky and happy—people won’t run away when they see you.” Aivree spoke taking another sip of her drink, resisting downing it in one swallow. As it was the hot beverage was already hurting her mouth.[/SIZE]

[SIZE= 14px] “Vee you want my job? Give you one of my favourite bottles of Vodka for your job?” When the emit refusal filled her ears Aivree sighed shaking her head in defeat. “Well this sucks. If I can’t get out of this we should at least get out there so I can get the fucking day over with.” Aivree said finally drinking the rest of her coffee and placing the cup on the counter. “I want out of this dumb uniform.” [/SIZE]

[COLOR= rgb(255, 255, 255)]Speaks too: @FirePolaris @constellation @Aster [/COLOR]

tumblr_o23e1d4iIv1ssypfho4_250.gif

Dreams were strange things and though there were many theories on why they exist, Vivienne personally liked to believe that dreams gave the mental stimulation of real-life events without suffering the physical catastrophes of wrong doings. At least that theory would explain the sense of deja vu, Vivienne got when she started to slack in her job as a cook. Unfortunately for her, the babe woke up in a fright with little recollection of the short nightmare she had; she was sure there were cupcakes involved, but why on earth would cupcakes be scary? Dreams are strange...

Too tired to get up but too confused to fall back asleep, Vivienne laid in bed in a half-asleep state. She groaned as Maddie made her puns and buried her face into her pillow, mumbling out an inaudibly punny reply, "You're such a weirdough."

Not being a morning person, she took double the time Maddie took to get up and ready for the morning. Her blonde hair was pulled back with a black scrunchie and her neck tie hung loose around her neck. She hated them with a passion, but rules were rules and sadly following the strict dress code was one of them.

The babe walked out as Xavier's voice rang from the living room.

“I thought Vee would be up as well. Is she still asleep? Zak hasn't budge since last night.”

Making an appearance, her nose wrinkled at the mention of cupcakes. "Ugh, let's not talk about those for now. I had the weirdest dream about them but I can't remember what exactly," she sighed, walking towards the kitchen and pouring herself a cup of coffee. Two spoonfuls of sugar was added in and the black liquid caramelized when she poured in cold milk. 

“Vee you want my job? Give you one of my favorite bottles of Vodka for your job?” Aivree asked, and for a second, Vivienne considered it. She knew Aivree could drink just about anything which had alcohol content but when it came to vodka, the brunette had taste. The offer was tempting and Vivienne would have said yes if not for the thought of having to send a love message to her ex-lover and ex-bestfriend, Cassie from [fuckiforgotwhatinamedcassie'sbf] . She hasn't spoken to her since the news of her new relationship and if that scenario ever happened, Vivienne didn't trust herself to have the self-control to not spit in his face.

"Thanks but I think I'll pass," Vivienne answered, taking a muffin to accompany her her coffee. Breakfast was always kept light. "Are the others up yet? It's weird not seeing Abigail or Nathan around, although I'm sure Miss Perfect is probably catching her flight to Brighton right now." The lucky thing was out of city for a more important event for her studies; Vivienne didn't catch the details. (hopefully u don't mind me making up the excuse on abby's absence)

Interactions: Maddie @Chamomile; Xavier @FirePolaris ; Aivree @Sasil
Mentions: Abigail @shygirl3; Nathan @Kodiak

|Abigail Marie Davenport|

"Little Miss. Perfect"

tumblr_n0n8gs7lKB1r350t5o5_r1_250.gif

Abby exited the main stage and stood backstage with a pretty blank stare on her face. What in the world had she just done? She had literally just did the Britney Spears choreography in front of practically the entire school let alone the people she lived with. They were never going to let her live it down. The worst was going to be Nathan, she could practically hear his voice dripping with sarcasm and see a shit eating grin plastered on his face. All of this happened over two measly points. Why oh why didn't she score higher than him. It could have been him on stage, but instead it was her and here she stood full of regret. Maybe she could just gather her things, head back to her room and not come out until something new pops up and people completely forgot about her little performance that was very out of character for her. 

She began gathering her things and all hopes of hiding away went out the window when she heard that familiar, challenging voice and an applause. Abby rolled her eyes and turned to face Nathan "What do you want Gelding?" she said preparing herself to be ragged on. There it was that stupid shit-eating grin. He was loving this, she knew he was. Abby raised an eyebrow at Nathan as he brought up their date. Did he actually want to go on a date with her? Abby just figured that she would just pay him back and call it even, figuring that he just did it to stop that jerk Justin McAdams from getting a date with her. She smirked a bit "it almost sounds like you want to go on a date with me." she teased lightly because they were just friends, right? There was no way Nathan actually wanted to date her...did he? But she shook her thoughts away as he went on to tell her about everything that happened tonight. Admittedly, there was something about Nathan that just felt...natural. She had missed quite a lot that evening. 

~~~~~~~~~~~~

It was just about time for the seniors to host the winter festival for the underclassmen. Each dorm was assigned a booth and each person a job. Abigail had gotten the short straw in the draw and received the role as one of the love messengers. Perfect. She was sitting at her desk contemplating how to get out of this position, maybe one of her more outgoing dormmates wouldn't mind switching with her. As almost on cue, her phone began ringing. It was the public relations manager of her father's campaign. She was being summoned to attend some charity event because apparently there had been some bad publicity, that the publicist wouldn't elaborate on but Abby had her hunches, and they needed to appear like a wholesome family. Abby hung up with a sigh and prepared to fly home for the weekend to support her father's political reputation.

~~~~~~~~~~~~

The morning of the winter festival, Abby was dressed and out the door before the sun was even up. She needed to catch a car to the airport, where her parents' private jet would be picking her up to fly back to the states. Abby was fully packed with her things near the door the night before as to not wake anybody in the dorm with moving about too much. About a half hour before Abby was about to reach the airport, she received a call from her father's publicist. The weather was grounding all planes until further notice so the jet was not able to fly out to get her, she was to remain at school for the weekend. As usual all of the communications from her parents had been relayed through staff. Part of Abigail was pretty disappointed. It has been forever since her family had spent much time together and she was so looking forward to being able to sit down with her brother and parents again, but in the same sense she was happy that she didn't have to put on this facade and pretend to be something that her family wasn't. So the car turned around and began driving to Arlington. 

The car pulled back in front of the dorm and the driver helped Abby with her bag. Abby walked into the dorm in a clean, pressed skirt and cardigan that she was supposed to wear to her father's conference. She saw everyone gathered in the kitchen, Vee mentioning how Abby was probably lucky and on her flight. She was starving and tea and food sounded really good right now. She placed her bag down briefly and started the water for her tea. "Nope, stuck here with the rest of you lot. Weather in D.C. isn't good and grounded flights. So I get to be a lucky love messenger." she said with a roll of her eyes as she placed a tea bag in her mug and poured the hot water into it. Abby needed to get changed into her school uniform and get ready for the day so she grabbed her mug, her bag, and quietly excused herself to head to her room to get dressed.

outfit. uniform | mood. cheery

"one small positive thought in the morning can change your day."  - unknown

embed.php

Madeleine can't help but playfully grinning at every single line Xavier directed at her. Those classic pick up lines, mild teasing and immediate confession laced a smile on her face. And that whole part and story about mistaking one twin for the other. Ridiculous, considering how it's probable for her to do the same. Oh how easy it was to amuse her.

As she listened to his rambles, and definitely how entertaining those rambles seem to be, she glances at his face every two seconds and giggles every fifth. 

"I was gonna clean them up first thing in the morning but you beat me to it." he says, before leaving to dispose of the broken pieces of coloured grains. Maddie shrugs and spoke under her breath in satisfaction, "The early bird gets the worm. Even if the worm is particularly small."

[SIZE= 12px]Xav prepares the student assistant and miracle-worker coffee to Aivree, the girl  who rendered Maddie to a more reluctant talker under the threat of biting her head off, which the blonde was completely sure she was capable. While he does that, she gets herself a half-toasted toast with a slice of cheese on top.[/SIZE]

[SIZE= 12px]Weight shifting, she leans on the counter, allowing her left foot to point her toes backwards.[/SIZE]

[SIZE= 12px]"I thought Vee would be up as well. Is she still asleep? Zak hasn't budge since last night."[/SIZE]

[SIZE= 12px]Maddie, in between bites was about to say something along the lines of: 'I saw a lump on the bed, so yeah.' But the words Xavier just spoke summoned the blonde herself.  Maddie nodded in the general direction of her roommate. "Speak of the Devil."[/SIZE]

[SIZE= 12px]She watched the whole exchange between Xav and Aivree, swallowing a piece of her toast as the androgynous girl posed her a question. "I'd be happy, but I'm really looking forward to those cupcakes." Maddie remembers the last time she baked, a long time when Adele was still the smart big sister. She still is, but, just a little too distant. "And don't be silly." she walks over to her. "If you think you look too intimidating you just scrunch your face" --she scrunches her own face for demonstration-- "and it'll relax the eyes."[/SIZE]

[SIZE= 12px]"-Maddie? Save me a cupcake?"[/SIZE]

[SIZE= 12px]She faced him and smiled. "Sure, big guy."[/SIZE]

[SIZE= 12px]Abigail's return was brief and Maddie's breakfast was finished. So all there is to do now is wait for the others. What time is it now- oh right, she doesn't wear watches. It's probably fine. They'll definitely get there on time, and if they don't, Abigail could probably handle it.[/SIZE]

tags // @FirePolaris @Sasil @Aster @shygirl3

location // The Dorm

.postit {
line-height: 1;
text-align:center;
width: 275px;
margin: 25px;
min-height:250px;
max-height:250px;
padding-top:35px;
border:1px solid #E8E8E8;
border-top:60px solid #fdfd86;
font-family:'Reenie Beanie';
font-size:17px;
border-bottom-right-radius: 60px 5px;
display:inline-block;
background: #ffff88; /* Old browsers */
background: -moz-linear-gradient(-45deg, #ffff88 81%, #ffff88 82%, #ffff88 82%, #ffffc6 100%); /* FF3.6+ */
background: -webkit-gradient(linear, left top, right bottom, color-stop(81%,#ffff88), color-stop(82%,#ffff88), color-stop(82%,#ffff88), color-stop(100%,#ffffc6)); /* Chrome,Safari4+ */
background: -webkit-linear-gradient(-45deg, #ffff88 81%,#ffff88 82%,#ffff88 82%,#ffffc6 100%); /* Chrome10+,Safari5.1+ */
background: -o-linear-gradient(-45deg, #ffff88 81%,#ffff88 82%,#ffff88 82%,#ffffc6 100%); /* Opera 11.10+ */
background: -ms-linear-gradient(-45deg, #ffff88 81%,#ffff88 82%,#ffff88 82%,#ffffc6 100%); /* IE10+ */
background: linear-gradient(135deg, #ffff88 81%,#ffff88 82%,#ffff88 82%,#ffffc6 100%); /* W3C */
filter: progid:DXImageTransform.Microsoft.gradient( startColorstr='#ffff88', endColorstr='#ffffc6',GradientType=1 ); /* IE6-9 fallback on horizontal gradient */
}

.postit:after {
content: "";
position:absolute;
z-index:-1;
right:-0px; bottom:20px;
height: 25px;
background: rgba(0, 0, 0, 0.2);
box-shadow:2px 15px 5px rgba(0, 0, 0, 0.40);
-moz-transform: matrix(-1, -0.1, 0, 1, 0, 0);
-webkit-transform: matrix(-1, -0.1, 0, 1, 0, 0);
-o-transform: matrix(-1, -0.1, 0, 1, 0, 0);
-ms-transform: matrix(-1, -0.1, 0, 1, 0, 0);
transform: matrix(-1, -0.1, 0, 1, 0, 0);
}

E S T R O G E N   H I G H

Xavier watched in complete amusement as Aivree tried pushing her job onto Maddie who instead gave her pleasant advice on how to not scare people away. He snorted, “You’re not wiggling your way out of this. Maddie is my chef for the day. I don’t trust you around my cupcakes.” Vee decided to graced her presence at the mention of cupcakes. Aivree aimed for a new unsuspecting target and while Vee looked as if she pondered about it, the rejection hung in the air only to be accentuated by Xavier’s widening know-it-all grin. However, with Abigail switched to the main subject, he sighed wistfully. Xavier remembered requesting (or really begging) Abigail to pack him up with her so he could avoid this event all together but she looked as if he grew a second head. He missed it when he could charm her into doing his biddings but after four years, he eventually wore her out.

But apparently, suffering is better in groups since Abigail opened the door looking as pristine as ever. "Missed me already?” She quickly shoot the idea down, rolling her eyes and stated about weather causing all her flight issue. Xavier checked his phone, noticing that they were going to be late if they didn’t leave soon. While he didn’t care for the festival, Xavier didn’t like the fact that he was going to do this alone. Where was his back up? And Nathan as a fucking love messenger? He'd pay to see that. That was going to be the highlight of his day. Rolling out of the sofa, Xavier got up, ruffling Maddie’s hair along the way as he headed to Hunter and Nathan’s shared room.

“Hey man,” he called out, knocking once but no reply. Twisting the doorknob, Xavier pushed the door open noticing the room was empty. Well. Somewhat empty. “Rose Decker,” he titled his head, his body leaning against the doorway. The female was startled awake, pulling the sheets above her body and Xavier looked more entertained than anything. “Can’t say I’m surprise. Fun night?”

“I’m sorry, I wasn’t supposed to be here this morning. He left last night and I just kind of fell asleep,” she explained in a hurry, picking up her clothes with a blanket wrapped around her body.

“Uh huh. No need to explain to me. Who Hunter fucks isn’t my business,” Xavier replied but it wasn’t until he actually took a glance at the door that he noticed the post-it note stuck in the middle.

Out working on festival sets for the day.
-Nathan

He withheld a sigh, that lucky son of a gun. Xavier, not fazed at all by seeing a naked female on Hunter’s bed, closed the door behind him and walked into his own room only to see Zakary still lying in bed but the heavy breathing didn’t fall onto deaf ears. He made his way over frowning at how feverish his roommate look this morning. “Hey man, you okay?” he asked but he only got incoherent mumbles in return. “Do you just wanna stay here? You look like hell.” There was a slight nod before Zakary pulled his covers over his head and with that, Xavier walked back into the living room as a messenger. “So, bad news,” Xavier started off, “Nathan is working on sets and Zak has a fever. So it looks like it’ll just be the rest of us picking up their slack.” He rubbed his shoulders as the rest of them started to make movements to get ready to leave. But just before they were able to leave, Rose peeked her head out of Hunter’s room with an abashed smile on.

“Sorry, don’t mind me, just passing through,” she cleared her throat as she walked passed all of them.

W I N T E R   F E S T I V A L

55b993cf55ef5fda3156b6ba6c7a4b8e.jpg

The gym was completely changed and even Xavier was slightly impressed by it. The walls were covered with white overflowing curtains. The lights were somehow installed overhead overnight. The deep patterned maroon rugs were laid out to cover the entire floor. Nightstands made of glass were placed in between comfortable white leather couches. The place looked somewhat bluely dimmed with a lavender scent, lightly decorated with snowflakes cutout stringed all around the curtains. While it was impressive, he wasn’t surprised considering how much tuition is per year. On the south side of the gym are double doors with glass windows to see outside. Behind the door holds a small tightly packed kitchen with materials already provided and a cookbook on the counter.

The group barely made it on time and they were greeted by Victoria Greene who looked more ecstatic than anyone in the group. Xavier was then appointed two jobs, both collecting the tickets in a cardboard ticket box and serving the food on the menu. “The doors are just about to be opened so just make sure you can accommodate everyone. And remember, they only get ten minutes to be in here and then they’re out so keep the line moving.” She left the gym, leaving the group to do as they wished.

“Alright, whatever you do, do not stab anyone,” Xavier joked, looking at the both of them as Vee and Maddie left to explore the kitchen. He definitely wasn’t taking this seriously and watching his friends squirm was probably the best part. The first ten minutes wasn’t too terrible. No one ordered anything because cupcakes were still being made and so Xavier brought out drinks for students who went in to talk to Aivree and Abigail. There were questions such as, "Should I or should I not ask him to the ball?"

Or even personal questions to address the rumors flying around.

There was some free time for the slacker so he poured himself apple cider, peeking his head in the kitchen every two minutes to see what his friends were up to and stealing strawberries here and there. It wasn’t until the first two people left that the next round had more males seeking for Madeleine and Vee.

Due it the early morning, it wasn't as crowded as he thought and Xavier laid comfortably on the sofa, lounging around with Abigail next to him. "Hey, are you going to the masquerade ball?" he asked, noticing that Abby liked to skip out on events and it took a lot of convincing from him to sway her. But before she could answer, his attention was switched to Aivree's male customer.

“I heard you sing during the auction. Can you sing As Long as You Love me by Backstreet Boys to Vivienne and deliver this note?” Ruben passed her the handwritten note. “Thanks.”

Talks to: Maddie @Chamomile,  Aivree @Sasil , Zakary @constellation Vivienne @Aster , Abigail @shygirl3

Mentions: Hunter @Kingly Nathan @Kodiak

[SIZE= 14px]
[/SIZE]

[SIZE= 14px]
2f0g0i0.gif
[/SIZE]

[SIZE= 14px]The gym was set, tables and chairs lined the floor of the gym. It looked like a completely different place then it had months ago. Where the stage had been that had housed the most embarrassing moment of her life was now a couple more tables that seemed to be perfectly set up and ready for the first visitors. Aivree almost wished she was being a waitress, at least they didn’t have to do the bidding of the annoying boys and girls of the world. [/SIZE]

[SIZE= 14px]But no she was stuck being the messenger when she also wanted to have some coffee, and a cupcake. Sadly they still where not ready. Letting a sigh fall over her she took a seat waiting to be needed. The little booth her and Abby where to maintain was just as fancy as the rest of the gym. Sparkly lights, tool—the whole nine yards! [/SIZE]

[SIZE= 14px]Though unlike the Auction there was less noise, but that could have been because it was fucking early and everyone was still sleeping. Like normal people. Once Prof Greene gave her little excited speech Aivree began to ignore her rules and wandered a bit. She grumbled and wondered what she would all have to do in the next couple hours for love sick puppies that where nothing but cowards. [/SIZE]

[SIZE= 14px]Probably a lot of embarrassing things considering the talk of the school still was her and Xav. While they had gotten to a better place, Aivree still held onto those feelings. But they were pushed down enough that she hardly noticed. The only time they did resurface was whenever Xav was talking with Maddie and that seemed to be a lot of the time considering that he had gotten a little bolder as of late. [/SIZE]

[SIZE= 14px]But perhaps it was nothing but a crush. [/SIZE]

[SIZE= 14px]A girl could hope. [/SIZE]

[SIZE= 14px]But then people came and Aivree siged seeing the first people to walk there way. “You think I should ask Randy to the Masquarde ball?” A younger student asked Aivree who sipped her cup of coffee with a bored look on her face.[/SIZE]

[SIZE= 14px]“Why the fuck would you ask him out? I’m pretty sure he has a boyfriend.” Aivree said, course she was probably wrong but that is what you get when you asked someone who really didn’t care. “Look, if you actually send one of us to talk to your cursh they will never talk to you again—probably ruin any chances of getting anywhere near first base. My advce, grow a pair and do it yourself. Getting drunk helps too. Cheers” Raising her glass she turned to the next kid who seemed a bit older, in her grade though she hardly recognized him before he heard his name she sighed once more. [/SIZE]

[SIZE= 14px]“I don’t sing. That was a ‘I fell on my ass in front of the whole school once in a lifetime kind of thing.” Aivree frowned. “Get Abby to do it if you really want it done. You saw her dance! She could pull of the backstreet moves or whatever.” Pointing to her she sighed giving a look to the both of them. “Guys, do I really have to do this?” She looked at the note as the guy ran away without even considering her idea. [/SIZE]

[SIZE= 14px]“Shit, Vee is never going to let me live this down.” After another stream of colourful words Aivree sighed walking into the kitchen looking to Vee and sighed. [/SIZE]

[SIZE= 14px]“Look, I don’t wanna do this but I have too. Apparently anyways.” Clearing her throat Aivree took the note out and in a very bored, unenthusiastic voice read the words out to the song to Vee. [/SIZE]

[COLOR= rgb(255, 255, 255)]Speaks too: @shygirl3 @FirePolaris @Aster[/COLOR]

giphy.gif

"Wake up, Sleepy head."

Was the first words Hunter heard before he opened his eyes to the looming face of Victoria Greene. Her smiled seemed to reach from there to China, her body cuddled close to his as her fingers traced his chest and stomach. She was way too close for Hunters liking, despite the night they had just shared. "Took you long enough, I have to leave for the festival soon babe." She said happily as she nuzzled her head into the nook of his neck. Every single action she did in the span of those 30 seconds caused Hunter to cringe harder and harder. Not only had she pushed the boundaries and cuddled with him after that one night, she was now calling him babe? Who the hell? Hunter had to take multiple deep breaths as he glared at the head cuddled into his chest with disgust. This was necessary, he thought. It was either put up with this or serve cupcakes all day.

Hunter groaned as she began kissing his neck, felling the urge to toss her off the bed and make a grand escape through the dorm window, it was way too early to deal with her. It was all such tedious work to be relieved of his Winter Festival position. The previous night he had the urge to hook up with Rose Decker again, couple of text messages and she was in his bed preparing for round three. He had the dorm to himself for that night thankfully since Nathaniel had other plans. Though sleeping with Rose for that night was a conflict of interests, since he also had to hold up his end of the deal to spend the night with Victoria to be relieved of his Winter Festival work. So in order to make all of that work he had to sleep with Rose, wait until she fell asleep, sneakily leave the dorm in the middle of the night and dodge the patrol to get over to Victoria's dorm, and then sleep with Victoria. All in a nights work for the McAllen.

"Can't we go to the festival together? And then you know, come back later and spend the whole day together? It would be fun." She said going to kiss him on the lips as he quickly moved his head away acting as if he was searching for something to which she simply settled to kiss him on his jaw again. "Um.. You see I would really, really love that um.." He snapped his fingers trying to recall her name. "Victoria!" He said excitedly as he won this little game he played with himself to remember names. "But er.. You know.. I just, um.. You know I just got a whole stack of homework that I really need to dig into you know?" He said half truthfully. He did have a stack of homework to complete, though the digging through them wasn't happening anytime soon. She kissed his Jaw again "You know how good my grades are.. I could probably help you get them done." She said nuzzling tighter to him. Hunter had to slide like a slug out of her arms for he couldn't take being that close anymore. Difficultly escaping from her grasp he stood from the bed, stretching out his arms and looking for his shirt and boxers.

"You know Vicky, that would be great.. So how about you do that English paper for me and we can hang out again as soon as possible?" He said as he pulled on his boxers shooting a glance over to her as her expression seemed hurt for a moment. It didn't take rocket science for her to catch on that he was using her like the rest. Hunter sighed as he held his shirt, as easy as it was for them to catch on, it was just as easy to smooth over. He stepped over to her and planted a soft kiss on her lips, looking into her eyes with his icy blue gaze "Come on please, for me... Babe." He said the last word hesitantly as it struggled to come out of his mouth. He wanted to burst out in laughter hearing himself say it, though it all worked causing that beaming smile to return as she nodded her head in agreement. He could knock that English paper off his checklist.

Hunter pulled on the white addidas tee and began to head out the door "I'll text you." He lied as he neared the door. "Wait, one more kiss before you leave." She said quickly as Hunter picked up pace towards the door. "I'll text you." He repeated "But wait can't you stay a little longer." She said hurriedly as he was already through the door, the words "I'll text you." Heard halfway down the hallway. 

-----------------------------------

By the time Hunter reached their own dorm in only his boxers and addidas tee, everyone else was gone. He even passed by Rose in the hallway which was an awkward scene as he didn't feel like explaining himself for leaving last night so he just nodded her off. Nothing a few heartfelt texts couldn't solve later. He quickly threw what little clothes he had on now off, and hopped into the shower while he brushed his teeth. Even though he had no desire to work in the Winter Festival, it would be a hell of a lot of fun to make fun of the rest of his dorm who had to do the hard work while he got off easy. 

He quickly changed into a pair of faded jeans, a fitting black sweater and his black timbs before going to head out. Not before gratefully drinking the coffee left over in the kitchen by whichever savior made it.

-----------------------------------

Hunter stepped into the completely transformed gym, nodding his head at how well the school managed to clean up. The place looked so nice, that maybe in an alternate dimension Hunter would have actually enjoyed working here. He shook those thoughts out of his head as a small amount of people began to stream in. Hunter made sure to scan the room for Victoria, seeing her here would have been another awkward scene he wanted to avoid. It wasn't long before he caught glimpse of his best friend doing what he did best, slacking with Abigal beside him. Hunter laughed as a stream of jokes already came into his mind to crack on his friend as he neared the sofa. 

Though as he came closer something else caught his interest, the pathetic kid Ruben handing a note to the incredibly unenthusiastic Aivree for Vee. Hunter made his entrance to the group with a loud "HA!" as he came up behind Ruben placing a firm hand on his shoulder. "Forget about Vee Rubes, that's all me. I hear Victora Greene or Rose Deckers is up for grabs though." He said snorting as he glanced over at his best friend with a smirk. "Come on now, I put in my work with Greene you aren't doing too well of a job back here. I should have her fire you." He joked at his friend lounging before he glanced over at Abi beside him "Come on Ms. Perfect, shouldn't you be leading this team." He said shaking his head teasingly. He then removed his hand from Rubens shoulder to walk over to Aivree a wide smile on his face as he went to pat her on the shoulder. "Plus the Grinch over here is bringing down my winter cheer, wheres that beautiful smile huh?" He teased having one for each worker there.

Hunters smile faded though as Aivree turned away to actually go sing the note that the dude Ruben had given for Vee. He folded his arms going to follow her though stopping to turn back to Xavier and Abigal "I'm not done with the two of you, there is more jokes to come around." He said blowing a kiss to the both of them before hurriedly swooping in after Aivree into the kitchen. He waited briefly for Aivree to glumly read the note out before swooping in at the end putting his arm around Aivree and looking over to Chef Vee with a wide smile. "And that note, is from yours truly." He lied giving Aivree's shoulder a tight squeeze for her not to say anything.

"Aaw, aren't you two the cutest chefs I've seen." He teased at Madi and Vee as he stepped closer to them in their process of baking. Since Hunter wasn't apart of the working staff, he was technically not allowed to be in the kitchen or with any of them regardless. But I think it goes without saying that Hunter could care less what he was authorized to do. Hunter nodded a hello to Madi though took a step closer to Vee.

He smirked slightly biting his lip as he approached her, her beauty still unmatched even in something as regular as baking. He wanted to run a hand through her golden locks and kiss her right there, finally get his way with her like he's been wanting for years. Though unfortunately she wasn't that easy. Hunter looked down towards her eyes with a twinkle in his own taking a moment just to admire her before opening his mouth to speak. "Vee." He said in greeting, just looking into her eyes bringing back the embarrassing memories of the one night they shared, though refusing to let that back him down. "Look, I'm the head chef in this building and I'm cooking up love." He said flirtatiously yet jokingly "The only thing on my menu is me-n-u, and I'm going to need you as my co-chef." He said finishing it all off with a wink. It was no secret to anyone that Hunter wanted nothing more then to hook up with Vee, hell, Hunter never made anyone he wanted a secret. Though it was also no secret to anyone that Vee was the only one that was making Hunter work for it.

And boy was he working.

Interactions: 

@FirePolaris

@Chamomile

@Aster

@Sasil

@shygirl3

Mentions:

@Kodiak

tumblr_inline_nalnscB7VK1rpufxq.gif

They were only ten minutes in. Ten minutes and yet Vivienne had somehow managed to fuck up the cake recipe twice. Icing was a disaster and she could not understand why. Were all the baking channels on Youtube a lie? She knew she should've known better than to binge-watch all those videos late at night. Clearly she had underestimated the difficulties in baking.

When her second batch of cupcakes came out flat once again, Vivienne sighed in exasperation. "You've got to be kidding me," she cursed, stopping her hand just before it reached her face. Leaving a floury hand print on her forehead was not something she needed. The blonde looked over at Madeleine and her perfect batch of fluffy and round cupcakes. Never before had she been so grateful for her roommate. Had it not been for Maddie, the line of orders would have fallen behind indefinitely.

Her baking struggles were met with a sympathetic look from the other blonde and a helpful suggestion for Vivienne to handle the drinks... solely. Drinks and chocolate covered strawberries. There was little Vivienne could go wrong with that. Her second failed attempt at baking had left her with a total of twenty-four unservable cupcakes.

Unservable but certainly not inedible. The cupcakes Vivienne made only filled up the mold halfway and to compensate, the blonde filled the rest of the cupcakes up with frosting. On the outside, it looked like any regular old cupcake but if one were to take a bite, they would end up with nothing but a mouthful of frosting. She continued to filled them regardless, mainly to comfort herself and when she was finished, the cupcakes were set aside in a corner.

Focusing on making drinks made work flow a lot faster and less stressful on the blonde, although her pride stung a bit knowing that she was unsuccessful with the cupcakes. Well, not everyone could be perfect. Noon came and past and the pace went on smoothly, Vivienne found herself having fun. Puns were shared between her and Maddie and the random mottles of flour scattered across the table counters hinted something more than just baking.

She had even momentarily forgotten that this was a love messenger event and not some kind of fun female bonding experience. The reminder from Aivree made things all the more better. Vivienne was grinning ear to ear, greatly amused to see Aivree of all people, serenading her. She was flattered. Honored even, if it weren't for the fact that the poor brunette was only doing her job.

Halfway through the song, the blonde begun to record it on her phone, well repressing a snicker at the thought of Aivree finding out. She would kill her for sure; but what Aivree didn't know, couldn't hurt her and therefore, couldn't hurt Vee. If she had been surprised to see Aivree singing (and damn well too. Vivienne would agree with Rueben on the fact that Aivree could very well sing) sober, she was even more surprised to see that Hunter had the audacity to make his appearance. Vivienne had heard from Xavier that the male managed to skip because he had boned his was out with Victoria Greene; not that this was a surprise to her. It was a typical Hunter kind of move.

With no seats available, Vivienne was leaning over one of the cleaner table counters, elbows propped and hands tucked under her chin. She cocked a brow at Hunter, skimming over the note Aivree passed to her after she was done singing. "Really now? Cause the note here says it's from someone named.. Rueben Deckers. Huh, didn't know Rose had a brother here," Vivienne exposed, tilting her head in questioning.

She was all smiles and bared teeth. The note was folded back down neatly and she thanked Aivree for the quaint song. Watchful blue eyes followed Hunter's advance and while others would have trembled in excitement, Vivienne waited with curious expectation. Being in the entertainment industry for a good three years had Vivienne acclimated to the hormonal effects of swoon-worthy good looks. She herself was not someone she would consider prey for people like Hunter. If anything she was a predator; a lioness in a pack of unguarded does.

"Hunter," she greeted back, wondering what exactly he was planning. She should have seen the pick up line coming but even if she had, it would not have stopped her from laughing. It was creative, Vivienne could give him that and laughter was always a better reaction than rolling her eyes. "Sorry, big guy but I already have a co-chef." She pointed her thumb back at Maddie. "Maybe you would've been more believable if Victoria hadn't told us that you were skipping out because, hm, what was the reason again..." she said, pausing to make an exaggerated quizzical look. "Love making session! Right." She clapped her hands together, light sarcasm hinted in her voice. "Although Victoria used the word "'study' we all know what she really meant." She gave a wink in return and stood up to give Hunter a light pat on the shoulder.

"Good try though, but better luck next time."

Interactions: Maddie @Chamomile; Hunter @Kingly ; Aivree @Sasil

Users who are viewing this thread

Back