In Character Roleplay

♔ Elisa Harcourt 

Elisa couldn't help but jump into hugging Rose, she was scared that her family was falling apart. Her hands wrapped round Rose's shoulder and her head buried itself into her neck. Tears were still trickling down her cheeks, she wasn't scared just upset. "I know you were trying to keep me safe." Elisa knew Rose wanted everyone safe and sound, but that wasn't going to happen anytime soon in her head. Leaning back she looked to Rose, her expresion was confused at first then a little angry. "Sir Tirndas is as bad as Malice is..if either of them find them. It's going to be just as bad.." Elisa didn't know the difference between the two. She thought Gavin was another big bad wolf like Malice, being Head-guard meant he was loyal to the 'King' in her head. She didn't understand it.

"Is there a problem?"

A smooth voice sounded behind Rose. Leaning against one of the bookshelves, was Malice's dark, tall handsome figure, cutting a sharp black outline against the wood. He looked roguishly amused, a lazy smirk playing at his lips, showing  traces of long dimples. 

Typical Malice fashion. You never heard, nor saw him unless he wanted you too. He just seemed to...appear. Malice's black eyes bore into Rose's. He strode over to a desk, his cloak just grazing the wood floor, where an open book lay. He ran his long, black gloved fingers over the pages, his back to the two. 

"I should think," Malice spoke softly and quietly, his tone steady and calm, "You, my lady, should know where they are. Alas, you do not. I find myself, ah, disappointed with your efforts." 

Malice turned around, his dead eyes bore into Rose's before taking in Elise, and the faintest of a smile appeared, curving the corners of his lips. In a flash, he was behind Elise, he gripped her shoulder in a tight, painful grip with one hand, to keep her from moving, or fleeing, while another lazily played with one of her strands of hair, however, his eyes never left Rose's. 

"Miss Rose," he spoke, still gently. "You do know what happens when people disappoint me?" Malice said quietly, his grip on Elise's shoulder tightening. 

@Kiowa @Katsuya

-Rose Sabella-

Rose shook her head, frowning a bit from Elisa's comment about Gavin, but didn't try to correct her. She is still young, unable to understand what she meant. Sighing a bit, the caregiver simply smiled a bit at her and said calmly. "Yes, yes...I kno-...!" She jumped when Malice's voice was heard behind her, squeezing Elisa from her fright and quickly turned around, covering Elisa from behind. 'I know I locked that door-!'

She wasn't stupid, he uses that tone whenever he wants something and threatens people with death...and he wants the girls. Rose slowly back away from him, pushing the young princess as she did so while making sure he doesn't move. Though it didn't work. He moved so quickly-! She couldn't even stop him from grabbing one of her wards. The feeling of dread filled up her stomach as he continued to talk.

Taking a deep breathe, Rose bowed again, trying to not show her fear of losing Elisa or the other children. "Yes, Your Majesty...I do have an idea as to where the girls might have gone...and I already told the head guard." She explained, her hands trembled a bit. The kids...are going to feel betrayed for this but she had no other choice. She wanted to help Gavin in some shape or form and if helping him find the girls is the answer then so be it.

"He should be heading to their direction as we speak...Your Highness." She wants to throw up for calling him that, but she can't show her grudge in front of him. Rose promised to her mother that she will take care of the kids and protect them from the king.

@Blitzer @Jefferson @Esther_Silvers @Kiowa @Lost @Ms. Sparrow

Last edited by a moderator:
♔ Elisa Harcourt 

He defiled it. Elisa's sanctuary. That's the only thing she could feel. He stomach twisted into a rubber band as his hand grabbed onto her shoulder. Breathing haltered for a second, Elisa's eyes glittered over to the meat on her shoulder, her face was like stone. Noe expression could be made out for the way she was feeling. It wasn't that she was afraid of him, she was distraught. He had come into the one place she felt safe and cursed it with his presence. Her eyes were locked onto Rose, showing no fear. For once in her life she was going to speak up, it was now or never, 'I might end up dead anyway', was the one thought in her head.

"Miss Sabella did nothing wrong, Sir. Punish me, she was looking for us and found me. There is no reason to be disappointed, you have me found now. It is our burden, not hers."

Elisa looked up to Rose, her mouth flickered into a smile before returning to it's neutral cold expressions. Her teeth bit down as the pain on her shoulder seeped through slightly, but it was something she could bare for the sake of Rose, someone who was fighting for them.

Kaladin groaned slightly. "Why can't you all listen? Everything goes to hell around here when you don't listen. I can't curb off suffering," He gestured around himself. "Tell, me what can we do other than obey?" 

Kaladin slowly shifted his swords wishing he could drive them through Malice. "Tell me how is avoiding Malice going to get you anywhere? He will eventually find you, and the longer he wait the worse he gets." 

Kaladin stopped one of the guard and asked where Gavin was, and the guard committed himself to leading them to Gavin. 

@Ms. Sparrow

-Rose Sabella-

Distraught, Rose quickly grabbed Elisa's hand and looked up at the king, still bowing. "Sir-! I was about to take her back into her room. No need to punish her yourself. Please, Your Majesty." Her heart beat rose quickly as the panic she's trying to hold back all night flooded out. Her cold and sweaty hands trembled from the idea of the king hurting any of them-!

"I would even take her to the head guard personally if you so wish or hand myself over, Your majesty. There's no need to involve yourself in something as trivial as looking for children." She pleaded.

Malice drummed his fingers on Elise's shoulders, contemplating. His black eyes bore into Rose's with a searching intensity, his eyes seemed to stare right through her. After a moment, his lips curved up the slightest, before he could reply however, Elise spoke, standing up for Rose without a trace of fear. 

Malice grabbed both her shoulders and snapped about sharply, turning her to face him, snapping Elise's hand out of Rose's, crouching so they were eye to eye. Malice smiled a full smile, his white teeth gleamed, he pressed a gloved finger to Elise's lips, as If to silence her, her lips throbbed against his finger painfully.  

"Miss Elise, do you honestly think I care about you or your foolish caretaker?" he said in his chocolate timbre. Malice laughed.  "You did not disrupt the celebration I had planned, your sisters did." Malice's tone was cold. 

Malice stood, his cloak rippling straight, shoving Elise back into Rose. His eyes bore harshly into Rose's. "See to it you take better care of them." He said, gesturing to Elise. He strided to the door, pausing as he gripped the doorknob. A smile tugged at his lips. "Or I will." Malice threatened, his eyes cold. Before he turned, opened the door, and slammed it shut behind them.

beautiful-cute-fashion-green-eyes-lips-Favim.com-458321.jpg
 Bramble rolled her eyes. Irritated. Bramble knew the risks. But she'd never really spoken to Malice, or had any encounters with him that nobody knew off. Of course, Bramble was scared of him. She'd watched him kill her parents, watched him kill innocents in gruesome in the most ghastly ways, but she wouldn't allow him to see it, she didn't truly acknowledge how much danger he really was. 

"I'd like to keep all my body parts." Bramble retorted with a wry grin. "He's ghastly. I'd like to keep as much distance from him as possible. At least I'm not kissing ass." Bramble said wryly, arching one eyebrow.  Typical Bramble. 

In the direction they were heading, Bramble heard the faint sound of a door slam as they turned down a couple corridors. The guard continued to lead them in the direction of Gavin, Bramble remembered telling Deborah to hide in the library, they'd be passing the library soon. 

"What makes you think Gavin's any better? That rotten shilling punter betrayed us!" Bramble said, angrily tearing out a loose pin in her hair which clinked to the floor. Bramble stopped as they reached the library, the guard continued to lead them in the continued direction, but Bramble did not go any further. She opened the library doors, and took in the sight. 

Although there was no sign of Deborah, there was Rose and Elise, Rose was literally shaking, looking distraught, and then there was Elise. Bramble let out a breath of release. But Bramble still had enough of her to say. 

"Rose, you look like hell." Bramble said wryly with a wry grin, her long dark locks hanging in front of her face, and Bramble quickly swiped them away. Relief flooding through her. At least Rose had kept the other siblings safe. 

@Blitzer @Kiowa @Katsuya @Jefferson

♔ Elisa Harcourt ♔

Elisa's mouth twitched when his finger pressed against her lips. She was so tempted to bite on his finger, but she knew she better not. Her eyes pierced through his like a dagger in her  mind. Before she knew it however she was pushed against Rose, falling flat on her arse she just, sat there. Unsure of what she should do now, it was the first time she stood up to Malice, or anyone really before. A little shell-shocked she flinched when she heard the door open and peering back she saw Bramble. Even seeing her sister didn't bring much life back to her, She simply stood up and walked over to the chair she'd been curled up int previously and put her lap and began to read again.

-Rose Sabella-

When Malice left, Rose couldn't help but let out a shaky sigh of relief. "Oh my goodness...Elisa, sweetie, duckling, please. Don't ever do that again." She couldn't even scold the little princess for she was that relieved, squeezing her tightly in her arms. Nuzzling the brunette's head and trying to calm down, she heard the door open again and Bramble's blunt comment. The red head couldn't help but laugh rather quietly. Trust Bramble and her brutal honesty.

"It might be because we saw it's ruler...You just missed him, you trouble maker." Rose replied, smiling back at the teen. Standing up straight, the red head let go of Elisa when she walked over the chair, and walked towards Bramble, hugging her as well. "Thank goodness you're okay..." Then she leaned back, frowning in worry.

"Listen to me Bramble: I need you to tell me where you left Deborah and go to the head guard." Before the teen could even argue, the care giver gave her a look that says 'Don't even start with me, young lady!'

"You and everyone here might hate him for what he has done, but listen to me for once. Just this once! I'll even go with you to face him." Rose said, not taking any of the teen's excuses or bargains. 

Bramble grinned, gladly embracing Rose. Rose was basically there mother figure now. Sorta. She was all the children had left at this point. Other then Kaladin and Bramble, the siblings looked up to Rose. That didn't mean Bramble gave her any special attention of the sort, Bramble still rebelled, etc. 

"That's rum. I was looking forward to seeing him." Bramble said sarcastically, her wry grin unfaltering as she replied to Rose's comment of missing Malice, Bramble couldn't have been more relieved. 

Bramble instantly opemed her mouth to argue with Rose on going to the head of the guard. Bramble grimaced as Rose barreled on

She hesitated, turning away and walking over to Elise. Her lips pressed thinly together in anger. Bramble leaned over Elise's chair, putting a comforting hand on Elise's shoulder before bending down and giving her a soft kiss on her head. She looked at Rose once more. Her yellow-green eyes flaring up. 

"What a great load of rot." Bramble complained, meaning the situation she was in. "If Deborah isn't here, then I don't have a clue. I told her to hide in the library." Bramble said, frustrated. She picked up an orange from a decorative fruit bowl, and threw it at the wall with a soft thud. Bramble paced back and forth. 

"Gavin's ghastly, I don't see how you like him." Bramble said wryly, teasing Rose, and wiggling her eyebrows suggestively at her. "Where is he?" Bramble asked, slumping slightly in defeat. It was either Gavin or Malice. They'd have to hurry in case Malice had a change of heart. 

@Katsuya @Kiowa @Blitzer @Jefferson

-Rose Sabella-

Rose blushed red when Bramble mentioned her liking Gavin, frowning a bit and coughed in her hand. Neither in denial or acceptance. "Yes...come with me. Elisa, bring a book with you and stay in the room...please." Once the little royal was in the bedroom, safe and sound, the red head and the oldest princess walked around the north wing, looking for the head guard.

It's...worrying that Deborah went missing, but she is sure that the young girl has to be around here if she listened to Bramble...

Rose hopes that is the case...

When they found Gavin, Rose smiled warmly before frowning a bit, putting her cold demenner back on. It..wouldn't be good if anybody noticed her sudden change towards the head guard after months of always glaring at him. "Sir Gavin..." She called out.

@Blitzer @Jefferson @Esther_Silvers @Kiowa @Lost @Ms. Sparrow

♔ Elisa Harcourt ♔

Elisa smiled up as Bramble kissed her head, it was a safe keeping, knowing she was safe. Her ears kept open but attention on the book, she listened to Rose and Bramble converse behind her before he knew it however she was off to her room again. Putting back her previous book she picked up another to take with her. "Yes, Rose." She smiled faintly before being put in her room. Looking round it felt empty to her for some reason. She checked on each of her siblings but found that he youngest Willow was awake. Elisa smiled putting the book she had in her hand onto the window seat before going to pick up Willow. She sat with her looking out the glass over the gardens and hugged Willow, more than she had before. Picking up the book again, she began to read it to her. It was soothing for Elisa to read, not only to herself but to her younger siblings too.

Kaladin nodded from behind at Rose's comment. His sister needed to be a bit cooler headed. No a lot cooler headed. Thank God she couldn't inherit the kingdom. He sighed and followed Rose to Sir Gavin. The castle was quite noisy, yet the eyes of the people showed they weren't quite enjoying the party. 

Sir Gavin Tirndas.

After searching the rooms Rose had told him about and turning up nothing Gavin began to wonder if Rose had been truthful with him. Not that he would've blamed her, Truth had become rare in this castle with Malice on the throne. "Abandon your search men, they will come out once they are comfortable." he instructed the soldiers, all of whom seemed happy about his decision. When he heard rose speak up begin him he turned to see he with the prince kaladin and princesses Elsa and bramble. "Ah thank you for your aid rose. Good day your highnesses," he said bowing to the children. "Princess bramble if you would come with me then we can get thus dreadful buissness behind us." his tone was Smooth and calm with a hint of sorrow when he asked the princess to come with him.

(sorry for the delay I was building my own RP)

Eve, whom had been attempting to sleep but failing to no avail, awoke to the sound of footsteps entering the room, she sat up, hoping it was Deborah or Bramble, but found it to be Elise, hugging Willow before reading. Eve sat up, feeling comforted as Elise read, she sat on the edge of her bed, laying on her pudgy arms as she began to drowse off to Elise's soothing voice until she noticed the empty bed beside her. Jessamine was gone. 

"Eli.." Eve said softly, insistently pointing to the empty bed beside her, in fact, besides Bramble's, Deborah's and Kaladin's empty beds, Eve noticed another one empty. Emrys was empty too. 

Down below, tiny footsteps padded down hallway behind Emrys. Tiny Jessamine nearly ran into Emrys, and she looked up at him with big blue eyes, and tugged at his shirt, trying to pull him from where she came, there bedroom. 

"Come bwack." Jessamine said. Hearing her glass-spun voice was a rare occasion, and she looked at him with big, fearful eyes, pleading him to return to there room, where all the siblings should have been at his hour. She gave a persistent tug on his shirt again. 

Rose wasn't the only one knocking on the door. Bramble impatiently knocked on the door until Gavin opened it. Brambles lips were barely visible, pressed thinly together from anger. She stormed into the room, passing Rose as she   did so. 

Bramble turned and faced Rose, ignoring Kaladin and his cold judgement. Bramble dipped into a flowering gracious-to-leave-you curtsy, her thin strand of balance infuriatingly perfect, straightening with a wry smile, slightly strained in an effort to comfort Rose. 

Bramble spun on Gavin, ignoring his comforting tone. All she knew of was his betrayal. "What's it gonna be Gavin? Removal of fingers? A night in the dungeon, decapitation? Are we gonna cut off my tongue? I'm sure your royal rot of a highness would looove that!"  Bramble exclaimed with mock enthusiasm, using exaggerated hand gestures to demonstrate each punishment she listed, typical Bramble fashion. To stubborn to truly take any punishment seriously. 

@Lost @Kiowa @Katsuya @Jefferson @Blitzer

-Rose Sabella-

Rose smiled back though it was...strained. Honestly, Bramble is really brutal with her words. "Your welcome...I'm going to check on your siblings again, okay, Bramble." The red head tried to comfort the teen princess before looking at the head guard and nodded a bit. Now to search for Deborah and check on the others to see them in bed like usual...

"Kaladin...I know you're older and everything, but be sure to sleep when it's time to sleep...like at night and not during a party." She teased a bit at the prince, knowing how he tends to snooze off at times. As she walked to the royal children's room and opened the door, the red head realized immediately on who's missing and felt dread yet again.

"Not again...have you seen where Jessamine and Emrys have gone, Elisa?"

These kids...she swears that once she turns her back and not pay attention, they will all go missing...Hell, she's half expecting one of them to be outside right now...'Let's hope not-!' She thought, remembering the threat Malice made towards the kids.

♔ Elisa Harcourt ♔

Elisa glanced up from her book as her voice silenced looking over to her sister and then the missing beds. With Willow in her arms she scurried over to the beds in panic. Malice had already caught Elisa, heavens know what would happen if her caught her other siblings. It was a gutsy move what she had said to him and really began to regret it minute by minute. What if she'd provoked him more now? What if she'd got them killed by her words. What if she was the reason. Though once realising that Kaladins bed was empty it slightly subsided into the way that she knew he was big enough to take care of himself, but that didn't help, he'd become distant to the rest, caught in thought of what to do, she looked to Eve before nodding with a fake smile, "Just go back to sleep, they went to find something to drink." That was before Rose came in again.

Elisa shook her head before setting Willow back down in her cot and giving her kiss to the forehead allowing her to sleep. "I haven't seen them. I thought they were sleeping in their beds when I came in. Willow was awake so I started reading, that's when Eve told me they were gone." Whispering over to Rose so that Eve wouldn't hear and be worried, not that she would fully understand the situation anyway. Hand to her head a few tears shed down her cheeks again, begging to think maybe Malice had come for them. Come and took them. Come and killed them. It would have been her fault, not even bothering to check each bed, spend the time to look for them. Taunting Malice..

"We have to find them Rose, and quickly. If Gavin or-..or-.. even worse, if Mailce finds them.. I haven't seen Kaladin either." 

@Ms. Sparrow @Katsuya

-Rose Sabella-

Rose came inside the room, closing the door behind her and walked up to Elisa to wipe her tears away with the same handkerchief. "I see...Kaladin was with Bramble at Gavin's office space. No worries sweetie, I'm sure we can find your siblings." Not wanting to leave the young princess alone and worry more, the red head decided that she can take her...one more pair of eyes will help in this search...

"Come on...Let's go find Jessamine and Emrys, Elisa." She offered her hand, letting the young princess choose if she wants to stay or go help her find the other two children. "Eve...we'll be right back, okay my little duckling." Rose added to the toddler, smiling warmly despite the fear growing inside her chest again.

Sir Gavin Tirndas

Gavin covered his hurt feeling with a chuckle. "just a night in the dungeon your majesty, Your dinner will be brought to you and you will be released in the morning with enough time to wash up before breakfast." he turned opening the door the the dungeon. "Come now, why don't you tell me what you'd like for dinner tonight and ill have the chef prepare it." gavins tone was soft but Stern much like the late kings voice when he was scolding the princess.

He opened the cell, choosing the cleanest and least used one. It was a small eight by six stone room with a reinforced steel door, the window in the door along with the one in the cell itself was covered by thick bars.the bed was little more than a pile of hay covered with a wool blanket. The toilet was just a hole in the cobble stone leading to a pit below, the smell from the pit was easily the most unpleasant part of the stay here. "Sir Tobias will be guarding you tonight, should you need anything ask him or send for me if he can't help you."

he smiled in an attempt to reassure her, he knew the dungeon was no place for a princess but it was either this or malice, and Gavin didn't believe he had it in him to sit idle and let the mad king harm the children.

♔ Elisa Harcourt ♔

Elisa didn't want to waste a moment. She rushed over grabbing Roses hand and began pulling her along as she ran down the long corridors of the palace. Opening and closing doors as she passed them, like a jack rabbit out of it's burrow. She was scared and in panic about finding her younger siblings. Shouting their names her little heart was pumping and pumping as fast as it could. Hoping she wouldn't run into either Gavin or Malice, but at this point, she didn't care, she just wanted her siblings round her in a big hug.

@Katsuya

-Rose Sabella-

Rose made sure to stay close to the panicked Elisa, also calling out the younger siblings' names. Maybe...they are somewhere outside of the north wing? Can't be...Jessamine is too young to even waddle out that quickly, so...she should be nearby. "Jessamine! Emrys!"

She can only hope that she can find the children first...

|Emrys Harcourt|

Emrys' eyes widened. "Jessamine, you shouldn't be out here! If Malice finds out..." Emrys shuddered at the thought. He could take whatever the king threw at him, but if Malice hurt Jessamine... that was something he couldn't bear to see.

He pondered how to get his sister back to the room safely when he heard Rose, the babysitter. An idea struck him, one that'd likely keep his sister from following him. "Hey Jessamine, d'you hear Rose? I'm sure that she has candy she'd be willing to share if you go to her. I'll be right behind you, I've just got to use the restroom." He didn't like lying to family, but he had something he needed to find out, and he couldn't have Jessamine with him if he was caught. He gave her a little push towards the sound of Rose's voice, and silently walked the other way.

Faintly, Emrys was aware of the worry he'd likely cause Rose, but he pushed the thought from his mind. He needed to see how long he could sneak off before Malice took notice. If he were to frequent trips outside of the castle, he'd need a proper time frame, risky as learning one would be. Then again, when planning regicide, what wasn't a risk?

|Mentioned|

@Ms. Sparrow

@Katsuya

Bramble scowled at Gavin's scolding tone but said nothing. Truthfully, Bramble did care for Gavin, she'd know him since she was just a young chit, which was why she felt so betrayed when he pledged his loyalty to Malice. 

Bramble couldn't help but let a wry smile upturn her lips as he asked her what she wanted for dinner. Bramble's favorite food had always been potatoes. Anything potatoe. "Red potatoes, with butter and dill." Bramble requested briskly, as she was raised as such, walking with Gavin, her lips still pressed together. 

Bramble's face fell and she slumped as Gavin opened the cell door, revealing the place she'd be staying in. 

"Oh, hang." Bramble said in a flat, grim tone, wrinkling her face at the smell. 

She grudgingly stepped into the cell, her eyes flicking around the room, arching an eyebrow at the hole, the sad excuse of a bathroom. She definitely wouldn't be drinking anything tonight. At least Gavin picked the least worse one. Bramble wondered if there were prisoners in cells next to her, murderers, or innocents that had stood up to Malice, left in a cell to rot. Bramble paled at the thought. However, she did perk up the slightest at the mention of Tobias, the guard that had helped them, not telling Malice where Bramble had hid, and helped Deborah. 

Something dawned on her. Why that specific guard? Bramble's yellow-green eyes flared up as she stared at Gavin. Who's side was Gavin really on?

Bramble shoved down her anger of staying in the cell. She turned towards Gavin, now standing in the tiny cell, feeling claustrophobic already. "This is rum." Bramble lamented, still in a beastly mood. "What about Deborah?" Bramble asked, her voice a touch softer. 

Jessamine turned around at the sound of Rose's voice, her big blue eyes brightening in excitement, she turned back towards Emrys, looking up at him and giving another persistent tug on his shirt but stopped as he began to speak. She lit up with excitement. Emrys was right, Rose probably did have candy! 

Jessamine turned and and ran off with excitement, running smack into Elise and landing on her but, assuming Emrys would follow. 

@Lost @Katsuya @Kiowa @Jefferson @Esther_Silvers

♔ Elisa Harcourt ♔

Elisa immediately latched onto Jess as if she were the best dream that had come true. Her face went bright red from the scare but also the happiness of finding her. "Where were you Jessy! We've been looking for you everywhere! And where is Emrys, do you know Jess?" Elisa was stern with Emrys, but soft too. She'd been worries but her sister was in her arms now, she was safe and sound finally. But Emrys as usual, had gone off on own. Too stubborn to just go to bed, just like the rest of his siblings including Elisa. It gave her some insight onto how Rose probably felt, as if she was trying catch water with her bare hands. Putting a kiss onto Jess's head, she looked to her calmly before asking again. "Do you know where he went?"

-Rose Sabella-

Rose was about to call again when she heard Elisa's relieved tone and turned around to see the baby in her arms. Smiling widely, the red head sat down on the floor to be on the same eye level as the tot and hugged them both tightly, feeling relieved as well.

"Oh thank goodness...You're okay...yes, where is your brother? Was he here with you?" She repeated Elisa's question, now her green eyes gleaming in determination to find the prince. She is so pulling his ear if he was here and just left...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back