• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Realistic or Modern In Another Lifetime | Love Is On the Cards (OC x OC 1x1)

meepster

The gal haunting your dreams
Roleplay Availability
Roleplay Type(s)
Hey, I’m meep! Meepster, yammy, yams, meep meep, mimi, etc also all work. I’m 20 right now, they/them pronouns, and I live in Vancouver (Canada). I’ve been RPing overall for about a decade now, back to my old days of LARPing, but text RPing, it’s more been like 7-8 years. I’m a college student with a heavy passion for musical theater, as well as history, and a lot of my RPs tend to reflect the latter. I’m also an up and coming screenwriter (I was a semifinalist in Nicholl one year for any other screenwriters out there :eyes), and so PLENTY of my RPs tend to be inspired by one of those or a subplot of one.

I love drama, angst, and especially have been into supernatural RPs, as well as MODERN-DAY royalty RPs. I love seeing characters get pushed to their breaking point, then somehow recover. I love melodrama, love triangles, and everything in between. Trauma-trigger warnings wise, I do have a few, which I’ve included below. I prefer to do RPs here or on Discord, with a slight preference for Discord.

Trigger Warnings:
- graphic depictions of SA/SH (mention of is fine)
- depictions of gun violence (PERIOD)

My Favorite Kind of RPs:
- enemies-to-lovers-back to-enemies-to-lovers
- modern day royalty RPs (prince/princess x commoner, prince/princess x former servant, prince/princess x ex-bride/groom, etc)
- historical-based RPs that ARE NOT in the Victorian Era
- supernatural RPs that DO NOT involve werewolves or vampires
- dystopians based off of Pinterest ideas
- fictionalized RPs inspired by historical events

What I WILL NOT DO:
- Slice-of-Life
- ERP (sole ERP is what I mean; but you can’t even do ERP by RPN’s rules anyways 🤣)
- Victorian Era RPs
- Supernatural RPs involving werewolves, vampires, or any other overly talked about supernatural species
- doubling (as two main characters; I LOVE using background characters)
- medieval RPs/non-modern-day royalty RPs
- FANDOM RPS.

Time Periods I LOVE to RP In:

- present-day (as in 2011-present)
- early 2000s (2000-2010)
- 1700s/early 1800s (not in Britain)

- 18+! Sorry, just feel more comfortable for 1x1s!
- Preferably in the US, or same US timezones (I’m in PST)
- LGBTQ+ ally
- DNI if xenophobic, homophobic, etc
- receptive to ideas; and willing to add your own!

PLOT 1: Even With a Thousand Lifetimes…I Could Never Be With You….
- GENRE: Romantic Drama/Royalty
- TROPES: Enemies-to-lovers-back-to-enemies-to-lovers; subversion of Bury Your Gays, prince x former servant
- TIME PERIOD: Early 2000s; willing to experiment with present-day
- PAIRINGS: Originally written for/highly prefer MxM; but will do MxF (as the male) if given a strong enough reason
- CHARACTER PREFERENCE: Neither! I’ve done both in the past. I do have more info on A, but either/or.

Character A is the prince of a Asian country living in the late 90s/early 2000s. He has a older brother, the crown prince, and an older sister, with whom he is extremely close with. His father mostly dotes on his sister, while his mother prefers him. Pretty happy family…except some shit has happened behind closed doors, especially with his older brother.

Character B is Character A’s PA (personal assistant). They’re ideally from a well-off family, and were childhood friends with Character A before they moved to the royal palace. An interesting twist would be if their parents were rebel insurgents and they were brought there as a bit of a condolence, but entirely UTP.

Basically these two were in a secret relationship while Character A was in an arranged marriage for about a year or two prior to when tragedy hit: Character A’s older brother decides to massacre his entire family at a dinner party, seemingly killing everyone off in the royal line of succession, and then some. Character A’s fiance dies as well. Character B was the one who had to deliver his seemingly lifeless body to the hospital. All of them would end up dead…minus Character A miraculously.

Fast-forward two years later, and Character A is since living in New Jersey (or some place that equally sucks in pop culture), working as a museum curator at a museum about his home country. One of his guests, on a private tour, is Character B…guess what happens next?

PLOT TWO: Who Cares What They All Say in the End?
- GENRES: Romantic Drama/Supernatural
- TROPES: Adoptive siblings to lovers, amicable exes, forbidden love/Romeo & Juliet
- TIME PERIOD: Early 1800s; NOT IN BRITAIN
- PAIRINGS: MxF, can do FxNB if given enough reason.
- CHARACTER PREFERENCE: Character B, but open to either.

Character A is from a well-off rich family living in early 1800s America, where there’s all this political drama going on with the presidential elections. I’d LOVE if this guy was the fictionalized child of a real-life historical figure from the period, but UTP! Either way, long before he was born, his father was born out of wedlock, and his step-grandfather cursed his biological grandmother to have a grandchild who would a): die young and b): be cursed with magical abilities.

Character B is Character A’s same-age former adoptive sibling, her parents were executed on accounts of witchcraft when she was an infant. She’s since stopped living with them, and is living with her older sister, but still keeps in touch with Character A. Eventually, prior to the start of the story (more than a bit) they develop a romantic relationship. She has no desire to learn about her biological family, believing her father is a Revolutionary War vet and that was that.

But added twist here: so basically Character A’s grandmother is also a witch (it’s not hereditary unless both of your parents are witches here), and she cursed her ex-brother in law’s (as a way to get back at her former husband) family to ALSO die. Payback’s a bitch. That brother-in-law had a daughter…Character B (no, Character A and B are not biologically related), who also happened to live by the guilt of the soldiers that killed her parents.

But then basically Character A dies in a duel while Character B is pregnant with his child. She’s never truly able to get over it. But then Character A mysteriously shows up out of the blue the day before she is set to get married. He also claims he’s spent five years discovering the truth behind her past. Does she believe him…yay or nay?

DM me if you’re interested, and what RPs you like to do! Adios.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back