• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Futuristic Imperium: OOC

Characters
Here
Lore
Here
I'm getting into the lore. Just wanted to ask before I begin to gathering ideas for my character. Is this an empire building rp or a singular character/multi char rp?

I'm getting into the lore. Just wanted to ask before I begin to gathering ideas for my character. Is this an empire building rp or a singular character/multi char rp?
It is a character/multi character RP at its core. There is some empire building in terms of players Great Houses and machinations/goals they may have. So little bit of all three but the focus is character driven.
Are we going to have a Discord server?
We could if that is desired?

Thanks for the reply.

So we can make our own Great houses or is there a lore specific House that we can attach ourselves to?

Discord would lead to faster exchange of information. Everyone who is for it may vote with a cookie to this comment

Do bloodlines have any actual "benefits"? And how is human "purity", in terms of genemodding, cybernetics, etc viewed? And any info about alien DNA?

Do bloodlines have any actual "benefits"? And how is human "purity", in terms of genemodding, cybernetics, etc viewed? And any info about alien DNA?
Generally speaking what is desirable is Solarian heritage as that was the heritage of the Saint-Emperor and the current Imperial House.

Historically the Solarians were a long lived and highly advanced civilization of humans in Pre-Imperial Times with numerous feats over space-time that haven’t been replicated. When their civilization abruptly ended mysteriously there were some still around the galaxy.

They’re sort of seen as a “higher” genetic lineage of humanity by present standards among the nobility and an individual with even a small sliver of heritage would find themselves with several offers of suitors.

Gene modding and cybernetics are generally tolerated and the latter is commonplace for medical and utility reasons. However, the vast majority of the population on religious grounds would frown (or in Terranist opinion firmly loathe) on the use of alien DNA being spliced into the human genome.

At any rate genetic modding is generally reserved for the very rich. But cybernetics is pretty old news and used from cosmetics to physical/cognitive enhancements to medical reasons etc.

I was thinking of creating a character that is a sort of "super-human". Either artificially created or heavily genemodded before/shortly after birth with every beneficial gene (xeno or otherwise) available. They were born into a "distant" (if that is the correct word for it) part of the imperial family and eventually became their head, and perhaps an object of worship

I was thinking of creating a character that is a sort of "super-human". Either artificially created or heavily genemodded before/shortly after birth with every beneficial gene (xeno or otherwise) available. They were born into a "distant" (if that is the correct word for it) part of the imperial family and eventually became their head, and perhaps an object of worship
Probably need to define what enhancements were made to avoid the Mary sue problem.

Him/her being in a distant cadet branch of the Imperial family is fine. Though they’d be considered their own House and not bear the name and titles of the main branch of the family (Valkoroi Rhoiamyno).

Users who are viewing this thread

Back