Advice/Help I'm trying to start up a Roleplay

CaptainRustbolt21

The Rusty One
Heya, everyone. I need some help. You see, I've been trying to create a roleplay in this nation, but I don't know how to make it where it can catch people's interest. Hell, I can't even come up with a good preface without it sounding stupid! I need some advice, please.

Tutorial - Principles of A Good Interest Check

This is my guide to making a good interest check. It gives you the basic ideas about how to make an interest check that is appealing, informative and respectful of the players. It does not, however, make your interest check for you, as if you need someone to do that you shouldn't be making an interest check in the first place. For better or for worse, if you can't make an interest check, you can't run a roleplay, at least as far as your commitment goes. Still there are basics and concepts you can learn, and my advice is on that link.

As for describing things in a way that doesn't sound dumb:
1. If your content is dumb that's inevitable, in which case your best hopes are to spin it as comedic
2. If your content is not dumb and you're just not feeling like it's sounding right, do your best to describe it and put it out. Trust me, rare is he who is any good at introductions.

Another question: back in my roleplay website, I tend to create roleplay episodes. Can that be the case in this roleplay website?
I mean, yeah, you just do what every other roleplay does except you devide bits into episodes. Some have tried this before, myself included, and while I haven't seen much success on that end, there were no reasons specific to that practice that caused it (that I know of).

Users who are viewing this thread

Back