Absence I'm sorry RPNATION...

The Random Fox

Roleplay Availability
For the past couple of days about my constant whining about things related to Fandom and Role-Play. I'm also sorry for being that kind of roleplayer that falls into some of those undesirable tropes. I didn't mean to paint myself as Public Enemy No. 1. I suffer from a lot of hidden disabilities and yes, I have no life outside of role-playing, I didn't get to grow up in a healthy environment but I'm not willing to post my life story on here that is what my journal is for.

BACK ON TOPIC: I hope I didn't cause anyone on here trouble or cause you to hate me. And I take full responsibility for causing myself to be an undesirable RP partner.

I didn't realize my interests checks made ppl feel like they were going to be co-writing a fanfic. I don't want you to feel like that, I was just looking for a fun little plot to do with someone. Though now that I think about it, I don't even think I know how to role-play without it sounding like some stupid love story because when I like a Canon Character I tend to want to put them in XYZ scenarios and see how they would react. I know that probably didn't make sense, my brain is stupid like that. I guess that's what I get for stupidly thinking that a 30 year old Fandom is still alive and thriving, among other unheard of fandoms.

I don't know if anything I just wrote made sense or not because I suck so bad at these kind of social things. But the main point was that I wanted to apologize for everything and I don't blame anyone for wanting to avoid me because I pretty much dug my own hole. I tend to let my emotions get the best of me. I'm going to refrain from posting on here for a while until everything cools down. Also because I'm really feeling like garbage right now with my role-play preferences because I can't write anything interesting.

TL; DR: I'm sorry for being annoying and I most likely deserve to be ignored.

Edit: I'm stupid, this probably belongs in RP Discussion. I don't really know.

Last edited:
I think it's safe to say that from the lack of replies, I have officially blacklisted myself from all communication. It's fine, I did this to myself and am suffering consequences for it.
it's just a bit of an ambiguous post. And also, I'm pretty sure that the majority of the community has no idea what you are talking about. I tend to check in and see what's going on at least once or twice a day. And I can tell you with absolute honestly that I have absolutely no clue as to what whining you are referring to.

Really? I just thought that I was coming off as whining and annoying to everyone because of a few threads and posts I made, some of them have been deleted or archived because I'm too humiliated to look at them again. Also because I feel like my first impression has been forever tarnished by my own fault.
i think you're puting too much weight on the issue. A fair share of the members here often come to the forums to vent and bitch about things not going their way. Realize that most of the posts that are asking about obscure fandoms or RP topics you can't find partners for are just guised attempts at finding peple to RP their particular flavor of thing. In reality, I think most people's searches go unrequited. We spend way more time searching and complaining about the results than actual roleplaying. I can confidently say that this sentiment applies to the big majority of the active community

I've been giving myself a lot of harsh criticism because I'm pessimistic and seriously thinking that I'm making people hate me. I'm still too scared to even make ads or other stuff because I know it's not going to work nor am I willing to share my failed and hugely cringe attempts at fanfiction or sample writing showing my bland original character.
to be fair, i think most fanfiction is pretty cringey. It's kinda like karaoke. Literally translates to terrible signing. Fanfic is like inherently bad by its nature.

I tried to write Canon once. ONCE. It was horrible because I didn't have the mindset of said character. And I really hate the idea of asking potential partners to please make a OC that has so-and-so's looks and personality because we all know that NOBODY wants to do that otherwise they would have just been that character. I wouldn't want to clone my OC into some rip-off canon and I'm not going to burden others with it either.
I never write as a canonical character. I'll take a fandom as a setting but trying to take on the mantle of an already established character created by someone else basically begs to be done badly. This is something I feel applies to just about everyone.

I hafta agree that people generally don't like to have their character's looks and personality defined for them. I think the best thing to offer is a setting and a notion of roles for them to potentially fulfill. But the look and "feel" of a character is something that I think most RPers want to be their own idea.

BUT, you shouldn't say NOBODY, because you never know wo's out there that might be willing to undertake it. Of course, that's where the dreaded "doubling" comes in. But that presents a whole other slew of issues.

“You will become way less concerned with what other people think of you when you realize how seldom they do.” - David Foster Wallace (according to online)

I can promise you that no one is sitting and stewing about how you're acting here on the forums. Frankly, if they are THAT hung up on it, then they may have some personal things to sort out. After all, do you single out strangers on the internet for judgment that way?

I check the discussion forums once in a while, just as entertainment in my spare time, and I honestly had no idea who you were before reading this thread. Admittedly, I will probably forget again after I'm done writing.

I also wanna say it doesn't really matter how "dumb" your ideas are. Or "unoriginal", or whatever bullying label you want to put on it. If it's something you like, then it shouldn't need to be the cream of the crop. There's no rule on RpN stating you have to adhere to some standard of quality. These aren't professional, published works, with millions of dollars behind them.

Idc if you wanna ship your self insert with Sans the skeleton. Is it wish fulfillment? Yea. Is it cringey? Maybe to most people. Did I used to do it anyway? Absolutely lmao
But I don't feel terrible about it, cause it was just what I was into at the time. You are allowed to be interested in garbage (as it may be deemed by majority opinion), and if you find someone else who's into it too, then all the more power to you.

No one's ruminating on you, so be cringe

...I'm still sticking to my "I don't double" preference, at least not if my ideas are just gonna be short roleplays centered on two characters.
a lot of people don't like doubling. And I don't blame them. it sounds like a pain in the ass. Both parties have to undertake a role they aren't primarily motivated to write, and the other person is more likely to pay more attention to the character made for the double than the one they have their heart into. Seems like a lose/lose scenario to me.

I fell asleep and just woke up. I have a weird sleep schedule lol. I don’t ‘black list’ people for these sorts of things. We’re all human and all have our moments. I blacklist people for being cruel. For me there’s no need for it. We’re here to game and it’s supposed to be fun. We have one common goal so let’s all be nice about it or carry on our merry way. I thought what you wrote was very mature of you though!

Also, you are far from public enemy No. 1. Trust me, there are people in the online community that relish that title and spend abnormal amounts of time trying to claim it and you’re far from it. You’re good people. Take a break, get some rest and get back in the game when you’re ready.

hey, i have no idea what happened here & i'm a little late, but i can guarantee you, sometimes it gets easy to get caught up in thinking you've become like ultra-hated online. i do it too tbh, i have no idea how many sites i have done the walk of shame out of because i was a newbie and the only thing people responded to was something that would warrant some sorta disagreement.

and as someone who does a lot of doubling, i can absolutely see your issue there- i feel like doubling etiquette just isn't talked about enough when it comes to like, hey, you can't just write some long detailed covergirl scene of your oc and then a one-liner for the other character. it might be easier to find people to play a canon character if you double, but it doesn't mean you don't do your part, y'know? sorry, sort of a side tangent.

anyways, my point is, it's a lot easier to feel hated on the internet than if you were in a room with some people. for one, people on the internet are bold asf and don't really consider how explosive their reactions are, or just think they're justified for reacting that way. and secondly, it's just hard to express tones and emotions over text, so two different people can interpret the same message two different ways and it just gets messy. i hope you're able to come back here and rp, but i'm happy to know you're taking a break, this sorta stuff can be more stressful than we talk about ^^

I've literally no idea who you are. I mean that in the best way possible. I believe that your feelings of being ignored, or that you're annoying others into ignoring you, is really just a natural tendency of people to gloss over others. I imagine you feel ignored because you are, like pretty much everyone else, just a regular person.

When you look out into a crowd of hundreds or thousands, are you purposefully ignoring person no. 137? Should person 137 feel ignored because you didn't say hello to them, just as you didn't say hello to person 128, or 13, or any of the others? You are person 137. And there's nothing wrong with that.

It's not always easy to get noticed. Even when you put your heart and soul into a post. It happens to the best of us.

I believe you have no reason to be anxious about it. Instead, I think what you need is patience. RPing can be disheartening sometimes. You can be ignored, or have people ghost you for no reason, even though you thought things were going well. Many things can go wrong. Often times more goes wrong than right. But, at least for me, finding that one good person or group to write with makes wading through all the garbage worth it.

Also, being annoying once in a while isn't always a bad thing. Everyone has flaws. The important thing is to be able to see those flaws and work on improving yourself. You shouldn't worry about what others think of you. Think about what you think of you. If you don't like it, do some self-reflection and work on improving those parts. This is what life is about. You will never be perfect. No matter how much you work on improving yourself, you will always have flaws. We all do, and always will. I think it's important that you learn to accept yourself, flaws and all.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back