Other I'm (not) on the borderline of qutting this site (update)

TheRockInception

You're literally looking at a $2,000 meme machine
Update: I seriously want to thank everyone that has commented on this thread. You guys seriously rock, I had a feeling in the back of my mind at least some people would try to encourage me not to leave, but my God a good amount of people have empathized with me. I am not leaving this site, in the mean time at least. Thank you thank you thank you!!!

I'm on the borderline of quitting this site and it pains me to do so. When I first made my account here, I was very excited to come here. My previous situation with RPing had left me demoralized and unmotivated to practice this hobby. Before I jump into my complaints with this site, allow me to explain myself.
When I was younger, maybe about 12-13, I was an aspiring writer. I had received good marks in my classes and many compliments on my writing. "You have so many good ideas, and execute them well." One of my compliments said. "Your characters are interesting people." Another one was. It was at this time my cousin had hooked me onto this game called roblox. Yes, that roblox. I enjoyed it a lot: fun and free games, and there were groups and clans I could join. I was a clannie, I really liked clans. However, one series of unfortunate events leads to my exile and one of the clan members points me to the Role-Playing forums of the site, since I asked if there was a place I could write stories and stuff like that. And, much like coming to this site, I was so excited to join in the fun. The community was small (with about maybe 20-30 members) that all had their distinct and interesting personalities. Although my start on that forum was rough (I derailed an entire RP and tried to get it focused on my character, among other embarrassments), with several pointers and people to help me, I created my first role-play, and it was a smashing hit. It actually got far enough were I could end it and write an actual sequel. As my time on this site increased, my writing skills drastically increased as well. However, there was a bit of a problem: several members of this community would not leave me alone and constantly bully me. I was new to RPing at the time, and I made a lot of mistakes that I wish I could reverse. I was also very irritable at the time. But that was one big thing I dreaded when logging on to see what was new. After the ban of one of the members of the community, this member created an entire new website to RP on. I was excited to join that: the filter (yes, there was a filter) on roblox that prevented people from posting if their post contained one word the filter didn't like, and of course, it didn't tell you what the word was. So I moved on to that and it was fun.
For awhile.
The features were wunderbar, like what this site had. Custom profiles with unique avatars, a dice system, etc. Everything I wanted.
The last year I was on it was complete hell.
For the longest time I remembered, the problem with this community was that it was too small. So if the community feels like shitposting, that is literally what you will see for the entire week or even more. Not to mention the fact that were 2 or so RP's running at the time, so that was a big demotivater. The other was that the number of people that hated me grew. Now, as mentioned by a poster below, this was somewhat warranted. I was dealing with a lot of things at the time, personal things, and I became a lot more easy to piss off. There was constant harassment everywhere I went, and then I decided to take a break and left the site permanently. The Roblox RP forum was not the place to be. Noobs had overrun it with awful 2007 level RPs that a 10 year old could do, and for whatever reason people were posting the wrong stuff there and the site admins didn't care. It was a mess, then I heard of RPnation, a vastly better experience. I was so excited to come here, new me, new start, no cringe or dirt to stain my reputation. The longer I've remained on this site, the, more demotivated I am to check it. Now that you know where I'm coming from, let's hear my opinions.

1. I have no friends here. This doesn't seem like much, but for the fact I've been on here for an entire year and have nobody to talk to is... like talking into a void. It's weird and uncomfortable that I have yet to find somebody with the same interests as I. Nobody to plot RP's with, nobody to worldbuild with, nobody to... talk to. It demoralizes me when I see constantly in the status bar replying onto other profiles with greetings or something like that, and I've never had anyone do that to me. I'm alone when I log onto this site.

2. My Group RP experience is not fun. I've always liked the Idea of doing group RPs, but the main problem was once someone stopped RPing, someone has to wait on them, and someone has to wait on that person, and it falls apart. One chain is broken and it ends. However, that's not what I've experienced here. My problem is that the two group RP's that I have joined have not started after I poured an hour tops into each character sheet for both, and two of my own never took off and nobody was interested in them. Right now, the Nation Building RP I'm in is about to get started, and I want to get past page 5. I have no motivation past, present or future to ever write another group rp.

3. My 1x1 search experience has been hell on earth. 1x1 rps have always appealed to me. It's either you or the other guy that causes the RP to fail, and if that happens, so be it, go find someone else. That's my problem. I have had a 1x1 search for the past year and have never finished an RP. Countless people have flaked on me, left the conversation when I asked what was wrong if they haven't replied in awhile, or simply don't reply at all. 100's of RP's sit at the 10 post reply count because so many damn people don't continue what I've started. And searching isn't fun either! So many people have herculean standards, expecting me to write 3+ paragraphs of purple prose! I can't do it! I was in a community that never had emphasis on post length and RPs actually finished! Getting me to write more than a paragraph is so hard, because you don't want to infringe on what someone else wants. Or perhaps a scene didn't go the way someone else wanted. And the other thing is that the 1x1 forum is filled to the brim with fandom anime searches. I don't watch that. Well too bad, there goes 90% of what the 1x1 forum has. It is so frustrating to put so much work into worldbuilding, only for the other guy to flake off. I'll find a friend my ass.

4. Bonus round: I put a lot of work into my spooky story, and when presented to my local writer's group, they thought it was one of my best stories. And they are all published writers that have books in print. Yay, I get a participation medal for pouring a week of blood, sweat and tears into one of my best pieces of writing. And my photography thread gets 5 minutes of fame, for nobody to mention in the newsletter or anything like that.

I am so frustrated and angry with this site, and quitting seems inevitable at this point. Once the nation building RP finally starts or ends, and my two current 1x1 partners either flake off or end an RP, I'm logging off permanently. if you, the reader, can convince me otherwise, I'll stay. If I'm really valued as joe schmo, it means a lot. But otherwise, I'm done with Roleplaying. Forever.

Last edited:
*Ahem*

Bonjour, Monsieur. I doubt I will be able to sway your opinion, but I would like to sympathize with you. I have been on this site for a year or so now and I have experienced some of the same problems. Any group RPs I have tried to join never start. 1x1s are hard to find and when you do finally find one, sometimes the writing doesn't fit your style or doesn't satisfy your needs for the story.

I have experienced very few phenomenal roleplays on this site. There are only a few that are still active and a couple partners only respond once a week or so. It is hard to find someone willing to world build with you. Even harder to find someone who likes to talk OOC just as much as roleplay.

But I am one of those people. I love to do research for my roleplays and put a lot of thought and detail into them. So maybe I could convince you to stay by RPing with you?

I can completely understand why you would come to feel this way. It was like a snowball that kept rolling and rolling. More things wrong seemed to have just been getting added to the mix. And your experience here, which you had hoped to be different, was not.

Yes, I will admit RPN has its problems. The flaky RPer’s, the people who leave without word of their departure, the ones who don’t post and waiting ensues that causes disinterest and the eventual downfall of the RP. These problems are a glaring one on here. I’d be lying if I, too, had felt demotivated coming up with stories or such on here, as they have tended to just fall apart. They’d be nothing more than a wasted idea. So I can understand in aspects how this can be very demotivating.

I don’t really have many friends on here. In fact, all of the people who I suppose you can call a sort of friend, or rather acquaintance, really just became one out of luck with an RP (I only do group ones). I’ve been going around in different areas on the site, trying to make some more friends and whatnot. It’s tough, I will admit. But it can happen.

As for why people would dislike you, I wish I had an answer. I also wish that were not the case. I don’t know you well or anything, but from what I’ve seen with you, you’re not anything bad or whatnot. You seem pretty chill to me. Though, again, this is coming from someone who doesn’t know you well. Even if I don’t know you, I still don’t think you should be hated or disliked, whatever word you choose to use. There’s no reason to just hate individuals. I try to be the opposite of a hating person. If anything, even if I don’t agree, I try to be understanding. But what I can’t understand is why you’d be so hated or disliked, as I said earlier. I don’t know why and I’m sorry you have to deal with that.

With that being said, since my RP has been going really well so far, if you want to (of course I don’t know what genres you like), you’re more than welcome to swing around mine. And, if you want to, you can submit a character and join. I know it’s closed currently. But we have a good little group currently. And if you want to be in an RP that really is stable (which I will continue to keep it running until everyone quits), you’re more than welcome to join. I always love adding a talented writer to the group. Like I said, you don’t have to, nor do I know if it’s your type. But before you quit the site, if you want to be in a stable RP, the invitation is yours :) We’re an active group in the OOC as well. (Though I try to keep us steering clear of politics because I know some people disagree on big things. Just a heads up. But we’re all nice and respectful.)

Not gonna lie, I understand you. I haven`t been on here as long you do; I only started about 4 months ago. I've heard of this page by pure randomness and decided to join it, hoping I can find interesting RP's.

I did not. I have tried to find any RPG that may interest me, but nothing. I kind of want to apply for some, but I know that my post will most likely go under the radar if many people want to write or people will deem my characters uninteresting. Or I notice that the RPG is blatantly boring and ghost it. Or I ghost it because I try to implement my characters but no one wants to interact with them. So...I kind of already lost hope in finding an RP that may interest me. Finding RP's isn't made easier by the fact that I usually write 1 paragraph or less, that I live in a different timezone and am an anxious wreck.
I also don't have any friends here. No one to talk to, which is...highly demotivating.

Hello, i'm Arion, you'vre probably never heard of me other than in the RB6 thread you created (I'm a dirty Kap main.), and i have the necessarily same roots as you here for roleplaying.

I initially started when my parents shoved me into a roleplaying summer camp, and quickly learned to love Dice and LARP, then after that i moved onto Roblox with an impossibly stupid name i can't even remember anymore, where i game roleplayed for awhile, places like After The Flash, and BOTB.

After starting to lose the initial wonder and amazement for game roleplay because the Mods were so strict and rude, a few missbans even happened when the wrong person got banned for a few weeks. I decided to check out the RP forums on Roblox and quickly (As in, first day.) made a roleplay, it was HORRIBLE to say the least, i didn't even know what a CS was, nor an IC and OOC thread, i just put up a roleplay and waited for someone to join. And waited. For atleast twenty minutes, and realized that i needed to pick up the pace, and as a good game roleplayer would do, i would spam the fuck out of any misplaced thread. Because elitism.

Then towards 2015 i found this site, and it was all i needed for a new start at roleplaying, a welcoming community, good roleplayers willing to teach people, and the time to learn. It was hard at first to hard to not act like a massive jerk to everything in sight because of the elitist views i had accumulated over time on RPF. But eventually i made a few small successful RP's, mainly based on modern and 1900's warfare. And now i'm here, still questioning my time here at nineteen years old, but i still love this beautiful and ever-growing community.

What i'm trying to explain is, don't quit just yet, roleplaying is strange and unheard of, but you have to shove as much work into it as you get from it, you may need some time to really discuss what genres and things you like and can put time into, i've been lurking the general discussion section for many months and i've only just started to get another creativity spurt.

You can't really just leave roleplaying and this website after being here for what i've seen, atleast a little over a year. It's a hobby you need to fight to love, abd i still haven't found any friends, i guess it's a longtime roleplay exclusive thing, Lol, but i've fiund a few close friends here that i can really trust, and all it really takes, is time, man.

I feel like i could show you Dan Bull's album: The Garden, it talks alot about straying from things you love, and finding yourself in the world, you can easily listen to them on youtube. Uh, accept for Bum your Shit, Dan's just angry at the music industry there.

Thank you for your time,

Arion

First off, I want to say thank you to everyone who commented on this thread. I had a feeling that this would be swept under the rug and I could leave in silence. But to the 5 people, even if it's just five, thank you. You care. You know what I am going through with this site.
*Ahem*

Bonjour, Monsieur. I doubt I will be able to sway your opinion, but I would like to sympathize with you. I have been on this site for a year or so now and I have experienced some of the same problems. Any group RPs I have tried to join never start. 1x1s are hard to find and when you do finally find one, sometimes the writing doesn't fit your style or doesn't satisfy your needs for the story.

I have experienced very few phenomenal roleplays on this site. There are only a few that are still active and a couple partners only respond once a week or so. It is hard to find someone willing to world build with you. Even harder to find someone who likes to talk OOC just as much as roleplay.

But I am one of those people. I love to do research for my roleplays and put a lot of thought and detail into them. So maybe I could convince you to stay by RPing with you?
Of course! As long as you're okay with paragraph and a half (+) replies and interested in fantasy or sci-fi, I think we could make something together!

I can completely understand why you would come to feel this way. It was like a snowball that kept rolling and rolling. More things wrong seemed to have just been getting added to the mix. And your experience here, which you had hoped to be different, was not.

Yes, I will admit RPN has its problems. The flaky RPer’s, the people who leave without word of their departure, the ones who don’t post and waiting ensues that causes disinterest and the eventual downfall of the RP. These problems are a glaring one on here. I’d be lying if I, too, had felt demotivated coming up with stories or such on here, as they have tended to just fall apart. They’d be nothing more than a wasted idea. So I can understand in aspects how this can be very demotivating.

I don’t really have many friends on here. In fact, all of the people who I suppose you can call a sort of friend, or rather acquaintance, really just became one out of luck with an RP (I only do group ones). I’ve been going around in different areas on the site, trying to make some more friends and whatnot. It’s tough, I will admit. But it can happen.

As for why people would dislike you, I wish I had an answer. I also wish that were not the case. I don’t know you well or anything, but from what I’ve seen with you, you’re not anything bad or whatnot. You seem pretty chill to me. Though, again, this is coming from someone who doesn’t know you well. Even if I don’t know you, I still don’t think you should be hated or disliked, whatever word you choose to use. There’s no reason to just hate individuals. I try to be the opposite of a hating person. If anything, even if I don’t agree, I try to be understanding. But what I can’t understand is why you’d be so hated or disliked, as I said earlier. I don’t know why and I’m sorry you have to deal with that.

With that being said, since my RP has been going really well so far, if you want to (of course I don’t know what genres you like), you’re more than welcome to swing around mine. And, if you want to, you can submit a character and join. I know it’s closed currently. But we have a good little group currently. And if you want to be in an RP that really is stable (which I will continue to keep it running until everyone quits), you’re more than welcome to join. I always love adding a talented writer to the group. Like I said, you don’t have to, nor do I know if it’s your type. But before you quit the site, if you want to be in a stable RP, the invitation is yours :) We’re an active group in the OOC as well. (Though I try to keep us steering clear of politics because I know some people disagree on big things. Just a heads up. But we’re all nice and respectful.)
Thank you so much for telling your struggle here too, it hits home all too well. As for your RP, I would like to join it as I like Post Apoc too, but my only concern is that I don't write enough for a post. Purple prose isn't really for me,(Not saying that you said it has to be in my post, but I gotta get the quality over quantity), just making sure I don't put enough work into a scene or too much and someone else doesn't like it. As for OOC, I think I'll be a good fit, and I'm a left leaning libertarian and a naturally calm person that tries to see an issue from both sides.
Not gonna lie, I understand you. I haven`t been on here as long you do; I only started about 4 months ago. I've heard of this page by pure randomness and decided to join it, hoping I can find interesting RP's.

I did not. I have tried to find any RPG that may interest me, but nothing. I kind of want to apply for some, but I know that my post will most likely go under the radar if many people want to write or people will deem my characters uninteresting. Or I notice that the RPG is blatantly boring and ghost it. Or I ghost it because I try to implement my characters but no one wants to interact with them. So...I kind of already lost hope in finding an RP that may interest me. Finding RP's isn't made easier by the fact that I usually write 1 paragraph or less, that I live in a different timezone and am an anxious wreck.
I also don't have any friends here. No one to talk to, which is...highly demotivating.
Struggle is real man. I'll respond to your PM in a few minutes from now, got access to the interwebz just now.
Hello, i'm Arion, you'vre probably never heard of me other than in the RB6 thread you created (I'm a dirty Kap main.), and i have the necessarily same roots as you here for roleplaying.

I initially started when my parents shoved me into a roleplaying summer camp, and quickly learned to love Dice and LARP, then after that i moved onto Roblox with an impossibly stupid name i can't even remember anymore, where i game roleplayed for awhile, places like After The Flash, and BOTB.

After starting to lose the initial wonder and amazement for game roleplay because the Mods were so strict and rude, a few missbans even happened when the wrong person got banned for a few weeks. I decided to check out the RP forums on Roblox and quickly (As in, first day.) made a roleplay, it was HORRIBLE to say the least, i didn't even know what a CS was, nor an IC and OOC thread, i just put up a roleplay and waited for someone to join. And waited. For atleast twenty minutes, and realized that i needed to pick up the pace, and as a good game roleplayer would do, i would spam the fuck out of any misplaced thread. Because elitism.

Then towards 2015 i found this site, and it was all i needed for a new start at roleplaying, a welcoming community, good roleplayers willing to teach people, and the time to learn. It was hard at first to hard to not act like a massive jerk to everything in sight because of the elitist views i had accumulated over time on RPF. But eventually i made a few small successful RP's, mainly based on modern and 1900's warfare. And now i'm here, still questioning my time here at nineteen years old, but i still love this beautiful and ever-growing community.

What i'm trying to explain is, don't quit just yet, roleplaying is strange and unheard of, but you have to shove as much work into it as you get from it, you may need some time to really discuss what genres and things you like and can put time into, i've been lurking the general discussion section for many months and i've only just started to get another creativity spurt.

You can't really just leave roleplaying and this website after being here for what i've seen, atleast a little over a year. It's a hobby you need to fight to love, abd i still haven't found any friends, i guess it's a longtime roleplay exclusive thing, Lol, but i've fiund a few close friends here that i can really trust, and all it really takes, is time, man.

I feel like i could show you Dan Bull's album: The Garden, it talks alot about straying from things you love, and finding yourself in the world, you can easily listen to them on youtube. Uh, accept for Bum your Shit, Dan's just angry at the music industry there.

Thank you for your time,

Arion
Thank you for your time to reply to my thread. I have a lot more motivation now and I think it's safe to say I'll stay, for now.

Thank you so much for telling your struggle here too, it hits home all too well. As for your RP, I would like to join it as I like Post Apoc too, but my only concern is that I don't write enough for a post. Purple prose isn't really for me,(Not saying that you said it has to be in my post, but I gotta get the quality over quantity), just making sure I don't put enough work into a scene or too much and someone else doesn't like it. As for OOC, I think I'll be a good fit, and I'm a left leaning libertarian and a naturally calm person that tries to see an issue from both sides.

I’m willing to accommodate for things, like post length. But hey, if not, it’s all good. I understand more and more, though, that it is hard to stretch posts out to longer ones. I suppose I just tend to write really... really long posts... I’d like to try and keep you here. It’s really fun when you got a good group going. But hey, again, if you don’t want to, this is okay with me. The option’s there. :)

I’m willing to accommodate for things, like post length. But hey, if not, it’s all good. I understand more and more, though, that it is hard to stretch posts out to longer ones. I suppose I just tend to write really... really long posts... I’d like to try and keep you here. It’s really fun when you got a good group going. But hey, again, if you don’t want to, this is okay with me. The option’s there. :)
I'm thinking of joining, where would I fit in the story?

HEY ROCK REMEMBER THAT TIME I SENT YOU INTO A CANYON TO FIGHT A SEX CULT AND YOU THREW A KNIFE AT THEIR LEADER AND THEN GOT STABBED IN THE CHEST?

HAHA GOOD TIMES

Ok, so, seriously, guy from your old forum days here. I haven't interacted with you about a year, so I can't say for now, but I can say for when I still interacted and RPed with you. So allow me to take a minute and try to explain, to the best of my ability, why people disliked you.

First of all, people didn't like you because you had anger issues. Simple as that. You blew up at the drop of the hat, and then you'd complain for days on end and get really pissy when people told you to shut up. You drove me to my breaking point numerous times, to a point where I genuinely told you to kill yourself, something I had not done before then, and have not done since. (And for the record, I was warned for that, but only that particular part.)

In terms of your RPing, you were awful. You were just actually terrible at writing and RPing outright. You'd take about ten actions per post, you'd never listen, and you'd take some of the stupidest fucking actions possible (I.e throwing a knife at a cultist leader from about thirty god damn feet away.) Not even from the experiences of other OPs I've talked to, (such as quilboar, bebi, and jake) but purely from my own, you were absolutely infuriating, and there's a reason your character died in two pages.

Now, this isn't at all meant to be accusative of who you are now, but rather, is a brief overview of the reasons people didn't like you a year ago. You were a bad writer, an infuriating person to RP with. You had anger issues, a habit of complaining frequently and without prompting, and a very narcissistic and inflated view of your own place and influence in our community.

Simply put, you weren't a pleasant person.

All that said, no hard feelings. ~ Lego

Ok, so, seriously, guy from your old forum days here. I haven't interacted with you about a year, so I can't say for now, but I can say for when I still interacted and RPed with you. So allow me to take a minute and try to explain, to the best of my ability, why people disliked you.

First of all, people didn't like you because you had anger issues. Simple as that. You blew up at the drop of the hat, and then you'd complain for days on end and get really pissy when people told you to shut up. You drove me to my breaking point numerous times, to a point where I genuinely told you to kill yourself, something I had not done before then, and have not done since. (And for the record, I was warned for that, but only that particular part.)

In terms of your RPing, you were awful. You were just actually terrible at writing and RPing outright. You'd take about ten actions per post, you'd never listen, and you'd take some of the stupidest fucking actions possible (I.e throwing a knife at a cultist leader from about thirty god damn feet away.) Not even from the experiences of other OPs I've talked to, (such as quilboar, bebi, and jake) but purely from my own, you were absolutely infuriating, and there's a reason your character died in two pages.

Now, this isn't at all meant to be accusative of who you are now, but rather, is a brief overview of the reasons people didn't like you a year ago. You were a bad writer, an infuriating person to RP with. You had anger issues, a habit of complaining frequently and without prompting, and a very narcissistic and inflated view of your own place and influence in our community.

Simply put, you weren't a pleasant person.

All that said, no hard feelings. ~ Lego
Oh, well this was completely unexpected. And now that I really think about it, you're right. I'll update my post.
Since you're here (?) I assume bannachair collapsed? How are you doing?

I'm thinking of joining, where would I fit in the story?
There could be a number of places you could fit in. It depends on what you’d have in mind. You could be just another survivor, part of a group, you could make your own group, perhaps your character knows some of what’s going on with the story. Really depends on what you want to do

Oh, well this was completely unexpected. And now that I really think about it, you're right. I'll update my post.
Since you're here (?) I assume bannachair collapsed? How are you doing?
Yeah, BC's pretty much been dead for a few months. From what I hear (I deleted my account and probably got IP banned) Tim and happy are still clinging to it for dear life, but nobody else is really on there.

As for me, I'm doing alright. Broke up with purring forever ago (horrible person, by the way) and now I'm just working and writing. Not really on RPN anymore, because, frankly, I'm not a huge fan of the community here, but it's still interesting to see some old bastards when I check in.

Yeah, BC's pretty much been dead for a few months. From what I hear (I deleted my account and probably got IP banned) Tim and happy are still clinging to it for dear life, but nobody else is really on there.

As for me, I'm doing alright. Broke up with purring forever ago (horrible person, by the way) and now I'm just working and writing. Not really on RPN anymore, because, frankly, I'm not a huge fan of the community here, but it's still interesting to see some old bastards when I check in.
I gotcha. Keep the hood safe, b. Don't let nothing get ya down.

Hey!:)

You sound like a really nice person and I'd love to rp with you or just write pms ^^ I'm 16, so we're almost the same age.

And you're not the only one who has problems with super long posts. I just can't come up with stuff that's as long as 7 paragraphs xD
And I got anger issues (and so many more issues) too, and there's no need to feel ashamed about that. It's not your problem, and frantically you can't control it.:)

So... yeah, hit me up if you want to talk or/and rp!^^

Hmmm.

I kinda understand about some of the things you've complained about. I have had those problems, and have committed the same acts too sadly.

I've been on this site for about 4 years, brand new to the whole idea of rping. I know that there are immense problems with people ditching without word or holding up entire rps. I've been in that situation.

Listen, if you need an rp collaborator and someone who can help with making an rp I can help.

Ah I've been in your place, too, man.
It's just incredibly hard to find someone who doesn't just want to rp but also socialize and write OOC, others just ghost after two posts and some have a writing style leaving me like '...what do they mean with those punctuationless 10 lines there...?'
I once rp'd with a guy whose character raped mine without discussing a quite big thing like that at first and then wondered why I was pissed...
Anime fandoms- got the same problems as you. I'm literally in no anime fandom at all, heh, and I just see more and more of them popping up everywhere...

But hey, if you're still looking for people to rp or just write with, let me know! Maybe we can start something, or just chat (:

Hey dude, I'm totally up for chatting and bouncing ideas off of each other. I agree that it gets lonely here in RPN but I guess it is just a matter of luck to find partners that click with you. From what I can tell, a lot of folks here are fairly young or new writers so they probably just lack the tact and experience to work well with others. Just hang in there is the only advice I got.

T TheRockInception

Sorry that you feel that way. All RP sites have flakey players and most other places are definitely worse than here. At least here our large community gives more variety and changes to resume with ideas and move on tot he next person when someone lets you down.

If you feel like you don't have friends then go make some, go joins some group RPs or other 1x1s or join active discussions in the other areas. All of the issues you are complaining about we can't resolve, the site is a tool, a platform to RP on. We can't force people to give you better RPs or be your friend.

As for the story contest, you can always try again next time.

if you’re a $2000 meme machine, I wouldn’t mind being your friend my dude

T TheRockInception

Sorry that you feel that way. All RP sites have flakey players and most other places are definitely worse than here. At least here our large community gives more variety and changes to resume with ideas and move on tot he next person when someone lets you down.

If you feel like you don't have friends then go make some, go joins some group RPs or other 1x1s or join active discussions in the other areas. All of the issues you are complaining about we can't resolve, the site is a tool, a platform to RP on. We can't force people to give you better RPs or be your friend.

As for the story contest, you can always try again next time.
gc.gif

I am fully aware the administration is unaware to force people what I want to do, that is obviously totalitarian and not really a lot of fun. I was simply venting my frustrations with this website, nothing more, nothing less. Have a god morning/afternoon/evening/night :)

gc.gif

I am fully aware the administration is unaware to force people what I want to do, that is obviously totalitarian and not really a lot of fun. I was simply venting my frustrations with this website, nothing more, nothing less. Have a god morning/afternoon/evening/night :)
I think it's good to vent frustrations like these, and I completely understand where you're coming from. When I first joined the site, I only had my sisters to lead me around and give me groups to interact with. Once they both quit activity on RpN, I pretty much became a lurker for nearly a year until I decided to give RpN another try. I eventually found one RP that I really loved the idea of, joined, and had my group of people. That RP's since been discontinued, but I still chat with a good bit of the RP's members. I think what you need is to just find the group that's best for you on RpN, or for that group to find you.

Now, I understand that's probably a herculean task comparable to some people's requirements outta their partners if you've gone on this long without finding that group, but if you keep lookin', you might find it. Hell, I'd say you could probably find it with some of the amazing people in this here thread.

Sorry to hear your 1/1 search hasn't gone too well, although, a lot of people have that problem with it, so you might take comfort in knowing that you're not alone in that regard?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back