Other "I'm new to the site but I've been RPing for..."

I'm "new" to this site, and the RP system seems so developed, that it's confusing. not the website itself, though. I'll see an open RP, and it's just have the writing part. Some of them will have links to OOC's and the like, but a lot other's will not. I look, and still don't know how to get to the character sheet page. I've RPed on another site, but it was extraordinarily simple, and not many people RPed on it. I'm learning, but curves have been thrown my way.

Iwaku but it's kind of dead these days (sadly).
My friends and I got chased off this site called Tinier Me then we had our own private forum for a while till that too died.
People RP everywhere these days though man. Even in games.

I rped on an old warrior cats site thats technically still around under a different name. Then i spent a while on cherubplay, but the anonymous aspect felt a little weird. I got a lot of weird requests on there.

used to roleplay on this website called stardoll back in 2011/2012, then transferred here around 2015 when i got too "old" for children's games lol..
just took a trip down memory lane and logged into that old account, and it truly made me sad that literally everyone i used to know on that website has all left (such as myself). scary how fast time flies.

HHHH I WAS ON AN APP CALLED DOODLE CLUB.

It’s so sad that everyone grew up, but I’m happy that we were together.

I've be'en RPing for about 7 years. It all started.... On a horse website... We got to make up characters and use them. They where all horses all the time and I loved it. It has sense closed down (it was only up for 6 months) I'm now on several RP websites. =) this one looked good so I thought I would give it a shot.

I used to do Proboards RP! But it just wasn't my cup of tea! Now i mainly do one-on-one RP over mail, discord or google docs! But I thought trying out this place couldn't be too bad!
Haven't been on a forum in a while! :D

I'm with most of the others. Recent ones were from Roleplayer's Guild, RP.me, or AniRP.me. I did do a good deal of RP on Discord too but only through other RP sites. I've been to a lot of nameless ones that weren't very good at all too. I think the best place stories I had were ones that transferred to Discord from AniRP.me and some stories I had on Roleplayer's Guild.

I've mainly been RPing on Nationstates since 2011, though I've also been present on Elliquiy at times.

i've only really roleplayed on two sites ever: animal jam and chicken smoothie
animal jam is like club penguin but worse and i have no idea why people rp'd there, since most of us just sat in the bushes and avoided each other
chicken smoothie was a forum site with some adoptables, i used to go on there and do a shit ton of warriors rps

lots of older websites for rp have died. i used to use gaiaonline & tumblr for it, but the roleplay forums on gaia are kind of inactive and tumblr is alwyas hit or miss for rp! i didn’t even know this site existed until a few days ago! 💧💧

I've first started playing roleplaying games in my late teens at a local tabletop game store. Then, I started playing online using Roll20 and Vassel. A year or so later, I joined a Play-by-post RPG on the Facepunch forums and have been apart of that Roleplaying community ever since.

Started off with basic in-group play-by-post RPs on the Bioware Social Network under the name of Nihlus Kryik (sue me EA). After I lost interest in BSN it wasn't untill a couple of years ago that I resumed my interest in roleplay on the Facepunch forums.

9 years already! Quizilla, anyone? That site literally introduced me to roleplay. It was cringy AF, but I have very fond memories from it.

I used to roleplay a lot in forums, too, but after they became too much it became a bit of a drag for me to keep up with all of them, so I quitted. I must really enjoy the forum to get in there in a recurrent basis.

Roleplayerguild has served well for the many years it has been there, it's active, but nowhere near as big as RPNation. It is certainly possible that RPN is the biggest roleplaying site on the internet right now.

Roblox. The only reason I was still on there cos of the forums. But they shutdown due to a lot of spam attacks.. So my efriend told me bout this place.

How bad was super cringe? And on the forums or the games?
The games, sadly. I was 11 and forum RP scared me, lol.

It was fun when I was little! I actually still have an RP buddy from all the way back then, who I met on that old Warriors RP game. Then, I found an old roblox video I made when I was cleaning out my old laptop to hand down to my little brother... I watched the whole thing with that face you make after you stub your toe.

I started at Neopets, then I went to Gaia and/or moved to email and mostly did 1x1s. Did some RPs on MMOs as well, like WoW or Maplestory, but those were never that serious. I also ended up rping on fandom forums with an RP section, but I ended up leaving those eventually too. After that I wasn't roleplaying a ton. It was only somewhat recently that I've had a couple of 1x1 rp sessions between friends over Discord.

Back in the day, I started writing stories and roleplays on Quizilla. Then, I moved onto BBA which split into IDS. Also roleplayed on Mibba for a bit. Then finally, Quotev was my favorite place to rp ever till they took away the ability to search for groups~

Users who are viewing this thread

Back