• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Realistic or Modern I'm here to make your life miserable

Plink

Magic Eight Ball
Hello! Returning roleplayer here with years of experience. That is, years of experience mostly as a GM. Thus the title. ;)

One thing I've learned that works, being a GM takes a certain mindset. A GM really plays one character, and that is the setting. Players don't just interact with NPCs, they bump up against attitudes, perceptions, authority, the things that make the world the way it is. I tend to go with the familiar, the proverbial world outside your window. Thus, Realistic and Modern.

Got an idea you've been itching to see realized? Hit me with a pitch. Nothing too ambitious for now, just a situation like the examples given.

While you're at it, start working on let's say up to five characters making up your supporting cast. Best friends? Potential love interests? Rivals? Someone you run to when you're in trouble?

Emphasis on your expectations of how you'd like them to relate to the character you play. (The star of the show, our viewpoint character.) Your chance to control what you can. *smiles* ;)

To clarify, I say Realistic in terms of portraying believable NPC reactions. I love seeing fantastic elements like super powers and the supernatural. Everyone wonders how they'd play out in the real world and I'm no different. As you can tell from the samples.

Hope I've piqued your interest. Thanks for reading. :)

Stalker x Slayer
You've got a secret. Nope, you've got a problem. But you're good at hiding it. Good at faking. Oh, if only they knew, the person they all look up to . . . but there's the other person. The one no one knows a thing about. No one but you. It's got you curious. No, obsessed. The part that's hidden. It tortures you not knowing why. Tonight . . . maybe you get to survive finding out.

Gamer x Summoned
You're good. Good enough you should've heard about the new game before the offer. No one has. It looks awesome! You can't wait to play . . . then it starts.

Something's wrong. It hits you seeing your character. You're sure it looks exactly like someone you know. Even if it's someone who barely knows you exist.

Then you see what you're up against. You and your character. You hear them talking. In your head. Confused. Scared. Asking you to tell them what's going on.

You look down at the controller in your hand.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back