• Before posting a question, please check our Frequently Asked Questions page as well as previous threads here. Odds are you aren't the first to ask, and you may find the answer without having to post!

I'm confused

SavenRose

Master of Character Profiles
I just started in RPN and I am already confused. It says I have to have 10 posts and be a member for 24 hours. I get the 24 hours part but I am not entirely sure what a post is. Secondly, I have no idea where to start on this website. Do I join a role play first or smooth things out with my profile. All I need right now is a little guidance and I was hoping to obtain that from the community.

Congratulations! This was your first post. Now you just need nine more. You could post replies in a discussion thread, or you could join a roleplay. Or both! All we ask is that you don't spam, some people think that if they post ten times in a row, it'll be okay. It's not, we just merge their posts.

welian said:
Congratulations! This was your first post. Now you just need nine more. You could post replies in a discussion thread, or you could join a roleplay. Or both! All we ask is that you don't spam, some people think that if they post ten times in a row, it'll be okay. It's not, we just merge their posts.
Thank you so much for the heads up and I thank you also for putting me on the right track

Usually people use their introductions to up their post count so they can get past the 10 post/ 24 hr rule. Or you can just join a roleplay :P

NekoQueen49 said:
Usually people use their introductions to up their post count so they can get past the 10 post/ 24 hr rule. Or you can just join a roleplay :P
Thing is I am kind of scared to join a roleplay. Maybe I feel intimidated by senior roleplayers, maybe I might feel like my work will be insufficient, I really don't know exactly.

Last edited by a moderator:
SavenRose said:
Thing is I am kind of scared to join a roleplay. Maybe I feel intimidated by senior roleplayers, maybe I might feel like my work will be insufficient, I really don't know exactly.
You'll find that everyone on the site is usually really friendly :) !

Give it a shot!

[QUOTE="The Dark Wizard]You'll find that everyone on the site is usually really friendly :) !
Give it a shot!

[/QUOTE]
Thank you for the advice

Try going through the interest checks and seeing if there's anything that catches your eye. If you see something you like, make a post in the OOC thread and ask the GM if you can join. (Check to make sure it doesn't say closed or anything first, though. (^.^) ) Most will be polite even if they aren't accepting new players.

Kaerri said:
Try going through the interest checks and seeing if there's anything that catches your eye. If you see something you like, make a post in the OOC thread and ask the GM if you can join. (Check to make sure it doesn't say closed or anything first, though. (^.^) ) Most will be polite even if they aren't accepting new players.
Thank you, Kaeri. I actually did find an RP but the whole ten posts thing is messing up things, though we are figuring out the situation although I am almost at ten posts.

Kaerri said:
OH MY GOD I JUST NEED TWO MORE

Kaerri said:
I think this is the tenth

Just FYI, it sometimes takes an hour or so for the site to update when you've made your 10th post. :) In case it isn't working for you yet!

Kaerri said:
Just FYI, it sometimes takes an hour or so for the site to update when you've made your 10th post. :) In case it isn't working for you yet!
Yeah I read about that

Users who are viewing this thread

Back