• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Fantasy Iluin: Continent of monsters

Noxx Hollow

The flyest nihilist
So this is a story I wrote a long time ago and thought it would be entertaining to make it as an RP so lets see who I can get to go along with this, keep in mind that the plot below talks like its part of a bigger world because it is but for this RP I'm only going to focus on this one aspect of that world.

PS. Ignore the fact that I'm new ight.

There are continents on the planet Cresea that have been vastly settled on by sentient creatures such as Traylor, Zayler while others like Heldruma have given birth to a cluster of sentient life in the form of the Su, Euclian, Daria, even the Tartarians show signs of cognitive thought process, this is a prime example of evolution or nature taking a swing at something different. However, there are continents on Cresea where the process of evolution happens much slower or not at all, where the creatures continue on their savage ways with no real signs of slowing down, where every generation is just as monstrous and vicious as the last and there’s no other place on the known map quite like Iluin. If there was ever a place real monsters live Iluin would be it with plenty of diverse ecosystems ranging from mountain ranges, plains, jungles and much more, Iluin can house just about all walks of life ready to climb its way from the muck and survive long enough to stake a claim on a piece of land.

Iluin quickly became a forbidden area for sailors even the strongest of mages came back with horror stories of their abilities being sapped away when in truth the continent itself has an overlay of mana in the atmosphere just like the rest of the world and nothing there has adapted to use magic so there’s a much more concentrated amount of it so concentrated in fact its nearly visible by the naked eye. With so much unused mana around magic spells tend to work differently than in other places like Traylor, most spells tend to be a lot more powerful when used which would make taming Iluin easy for a group of mages; however, because none of the creatures here can use magic directly more than half of the population are born with a strong magical immunity this being the only positive form of evolution taking place.

Many years past and the continent was now nothing more than a distant memory, people knew not to go near it but nobody seemed to talk about it much anymore until strange tribe claiming to have origins to Iluin sprang up and began recruiting those who would help them tame the land. This tribe of dragonkin called themselves the Eruset a for the most part a new race of subdragon with human features, a lot more scales than skin and their generalized builds were made for killing. The Eruset are too few in numbers to lay claim to such a savage land so a recruitment drive has been set in place to drum up anyone willing to fight with them, many would be too afraid to go but those who had nothing to loose, looking for fame and glory or just thrill seekers would be drawn to this obvious suicide mission.

OOC: This RP is going to be fantasy (Duh) mainly PvE where you (your character) along with others (other characters and NPCs) will try to survive the horrors of Iluin all while attempting to create a functioning settlement that protects you from the abominations both day and night as well as discover the connection the Eruset have with this place in general. Think of it as Monster Hunter meets Bloodborne. As far as races go I won't limit you on whatever you create, nor will I have a direct say in the magic (Some are out of the question like space and time manipulation.... Vectors too) they use, just keep in mind the stronger they are, the more I have to go out of my way to make Iluin nerf them; I only ask that your character be thought out and presented in a.... unique way. Because this is just an interest check I wont type out how the Eruset work as a race. Also if you show interest please expect your characters to kick the bucket that is everyone has an equal opportunity chance to be killed in a number of awesome ways.

That last comment is intriguing as it is worrying. I'm interested unless you're thinking of cycling through characters every few days or so... ;)

Fenris said:
thinking of cycling through characters every few days or so
Not completely sure what you mean lol but I'm just encouraging everyone to make more than one character, its fine for you to get attached to them but....they can still you know die

I'm curious about this RP but I'm not too interested in cycling through characters every few posts either (I love having more than than one, I just don't want to make new ones all the time) so I'm wondering, what do you mean about the characters being killed off on a regular basis? Will this be left to chance (i.e rolling a dice) or only if we dig ourselves into an inescapable situation?

Last edited by a moderator:
Abyss said:
I'm curious about this RP but I'm not too interested in cycling through characters every few posts either (I love having more than than one, I just don't want to make new ones all the time) so I'm wondering, what do you mean about the characters being killed off on a regular basis? Will this be left to chance (i.e rolling a dice) or only if we dig ourselves into an inescapable situation?
This is what I meant, said in a more eloquent way. Basically, I'm all for character death if it makes sense or drives the story on; just don't feel like continuously making and discarding characters in a board game like fashion every few days because the dice rolled that way.

Abyss said:
Basically if you dig your grave expect to lay in it. There is no plot point where you are expected to just die I'm saying if you mess up. I wont force you to cycle through anything I just don't want people's characters being able to dodge and live through everything like having a massive hole in your chest

all this talk of death, I'm very fair at least i'd like to think that; A good probably 90% of deaths that are going to happen will be ones to drive the plot or me just murdering an NPC to drive the "this place is dangerous"

[QUOTE="Noxx Hollow]Basically if you dig your grave expect to lay in it. There is no plot point where you are expected to just die I'm saying if you mess up. I wont force you to cycle through anything I just don't want people's characters being able to dodge and live through everything like having a massive hole in your chest

[/QUOTE]
Thanks for clarifying. I'd love to join then ^^

Awesome, hey thats four people if you guys would like I can make that OOC now and let you make your characters (of course i'll still be accepting)

also, don't tell anyone but I'm new as hell here....and I just noticed I can use code to a very large degree here.....

[QUOTE="Noxx Hollow]also, don't tell anyone but I'm new as hell here....and I just noticed I can use code to a very large degree here.....

[/QUOTE]
The BBC codes are quite extensive and relatively simple to use. There'sgoing to be a very large update that increases role play customatiin even more soon.

Abyss said:
The BBC codes are quite extensive and relatively simple to use. There'sgoing to be a very large update that increases role play customatiin even more soon.
This....might take a little bit wish i could view the raw information for some other RP and change it around

[QUOTE="Noxx Hollow]This....might take a little bit wish i could view the raw information for some other RP and change it around

[/QUOTE]
What do you mean/need help with?

There's a BBC guide that shows you every type of code available and if you'd like I can send you the link for the area where you can post things to test out your designs but no one can see them and it doesn't effect your post count?

Abyss said:
There's a BBC guide that shows you every type of code available and if you'd like I can send you the link for the area where you can post things to test out your designs but no one can see them and it doesn't effect your post count?
that would be lovely

Noxx Hollow]that would be lovely [/QUOTE] [URL="https://www.rpnation.com/forums/my-private-workshop.1623/ said:
https://www.rpnation.com/forums/my-private-workshop.1623/[/URL]

If this link doesn't work just look for 'My Private Workshop' on the homepage. With somethings you can also just press preview after selecting the more options button below your post editor box.

If you need anything else, I can try to help you out.

[QUOTE="Noxx Hollow]Do the main, overview, characters, IC tabs just make themselves

[/QUOTE]
Yep. For the majority everything is automatic, you just need to click 'edit' when your ready and put in whatever information you want.

Last edited by a moderator:
Noxx Hollow] [URL="https://www.rpnation.com/threads/iluin-continent-of-monsters.255437/ said:
Detailed - Iluin: Continent of monsters[/URL] @Abyss @Fenris @Milus
not 100% sure if this pings people
Works for me ^^

Users who are viewing this thread

Back