• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Realistic or Modern Ill Manors (AddisonxRosie)

Rosie

sounds gay i'm in
giphy.gif

“I’d hoped you’d have gotten bored of this by now, Munro.”

Munro. That’s what the cop called him to remind him that he was in serious trouble. Kind of like how a parent calls their kid by their full name to show they’re really pissed.

“Sorry, Dad.” The kid replied with an overly enthusiastic apologetic grin. “What are you going to do, put me in the naughty corner and give me a spanking?” Jack liked to incorporate a homo erotic context in most of his interactions with the cop, whose name was still a mystery. If he had learnt anything since having regular run ins with the police, there was nothing they hated more than a cocky young deviant who was comfortable with their sexuality. Jack had a tiny reputation for jumping on anyone that moved within a metre of him. Was he proud of it? Probably not. Did he care? Absolutely not. In an attempt to get closer to the now disarmed man in front of him, Jack pushed his chest up against him.

“Oh, officer!” He exclaimed, his voice forcing itself a pitch higher than it’s usual low simmer, thoroughly enjoying being ravished. That was, of course, until the cop shoved the kid off in a panic, not wanting to get arrested himself. Thankfully, the station was quite familiar with Jack’s regular antics. He had come to see getting arrested as some kind of joke. On a more famous occasion, he had brought in donuts to pass out. Some officers found him funny, which didn’t mitigate the endless frustration the sheriff felt towards him. As far as he was concerned, Jack was very close to being thrown into a national prison. He just needed to catch him off guard. Looking at previous evidence, it was abundantly clear the kid had been involved in illegal underground wrestling. His knuckles were always bruised, clouding the various finger tattoos he adorned just above his knuckles. The Sheriff wasn’t particularly keen on those either. Additionally, Munro hung around with frequent fighters and actually lived with a more pronounced member of the gangs, but that was a whole other story.

“Fucking sicko.” The Sheriff muttered, pushing Jack down into a chair on the other side of his desk. The kid stretched out as if he had just gotten home after a long day. “Don’t try anything smart. I was supposed to have clocked out fifteen minutes ago because of your shit.” It was at this point that the cop turned to his colleague at reception and asked him to see if his daughter was waiting outside, and if she was, could he let her in? Jack’s face changed suddenly, yet not to the knowledge of the man scuffing around various papers to find the correct one to fill out. Jack was no stranger to the admin of getting arrested, even if it was just for a night. On the other hand, he would never decline someone asking for his autograph.

Jack was watching the man in front of him lazily, glancing around for inspiration on how to get on his nerves with the most efficiency. There was a rogue pen he could tap against the desk, or better still, he could do that whilst humming whatever had been playing on the shitty radio next to the ring during training this morning.

“Can I get you a glass of water or something? He shouldn’t be too long.” Jack recognised the voice of the low life from the reception and swivelled round in his chair to get a proper look at this mysterious daughter. Anyone born from that guy’s DNA probably didn’t win the genetic lottery…

Oh boy, was he wrong.

“Hey, hey!” The chief cried out from behind him, clearly not wanting Munro to so much as look at his kid. As per usual, Jack took great pleasure in ignoring him.

Instead, he stayed sitting, but stepped his feet in front of him to wheel himself over to the woman.

“Jerry, deal with him please!” The cop shouted from a few feet away. Not taking his eyes off of her, he held out his hand for her to shake. He may be getting arrested, but he wasn’t a monster. Knowing Jerry, whoever that was, would shortly be interrupting this conversation, Jack wasted no time.

“Hi there, I’m Jack Munro. Trainee officer in town. I was wondering if you could help me with an investigation I’ve got going on?”

Jerry!

He continued. “See your Dad behind me? I’m trying to figure out why the hell he’s so uptight. I mean, if you put a lump of coal up his ass, in two weeks you’d have a diamond, right?”

Jerry, for Christ’s sake!” Still no sign of him.

“As his daughter, you’re a lead in this case. There’s actually an interrogation room round the corner…” Jack would know. He’s been holed up in there multiple times. “…if you wanted to discuss it further.” She could have sworn Jack’s eyes glinted upon finishing his introduction.

A pair of hands grabbed his shoulders. Ah yes, Jerry.

“Don’t pay him any mind, Rose.” Jerry said. He was a plump man with a kind face. Most likely in the wrong profession. “Get back to the desk.” He pushed Jack over to where he was, which the kid found quite fun. The chief’s eyes were burning into his skull. Jack simply smiled.

“Big fan of your work, sheriff.”

original.gif

The police station. In all honesty it wasn't my favourite place to visit. It had been years ago when I enjoyed coming down here with my dad but those were very different times, back then me and my father had a proper relationship and weren't arguing over every single little thing. Now that I was older, we had grown distant. I had started to form my own beliefs and passions and he didn't like that. He didn't like not being in control of every aspect of my life .. no he hated that he wasn't in control of my life. I guess some would call him a control freak because of that and they were sort of right. But here I was going to the very place I didn't want to go to because my dad wanted me there, he had claimed that we needed to have some 'father and daughter' time but I knew that was just code for him wanting to talk to me about my life choices and to try and 'steer' me in the right direction.

I had just finished up with my classes for the day and had made my way to the station straight afterwards. Much to my father's distaste .... I was actually doing really well in class. My work had recently been selected to be placed in an art show that the department was holding and it was actually a really big deal because only 5 students had been chosen. I had told my dad about it in the hopes that he would finally show some interest in the thing that I loved and would maybe even attend but once again I had set myself up for disappointment because it was a resounding no. I had sort of come to terms with my dad's opinion on art now because even though it still hurt my feelings there wasn't much I could do to change that opinion. So there I was walking into the station with my sketchbook in my bag, trying to prepare myself for an afternoon of berating. I was wearing a summery dress that was a dark green shade that brought out the colour of my forest green eyes and also had small white flowers all over it. The dress to clung to all of my curves in a flattering way whilst still remaining modest and having this innocent vibe to it that seemed to match my aura perfectly. What I was wearing was sexy in a completely different way to most girls my age. My dark curls cascaded down my back and I had a very minimal amount of makeup on.

I was just talking to Jerry when I heard someone's voice coming from the side of me ... and that was the moment I first laid eyes on you. My eyes widened and a look of confusion covered my face as you tried to spin me the whole 'Trainee Officer' story but the confusion quickly turned into a look of amusement. There was one thing that gave away your little story. The handcuffs. I pursed my lips in an attempt to hold back the entertained smile on my face. You were definitely trouble, not only did the fact that you were in handcuffs and that you had been arrested tell me that but it was also your aura. You practically oozed trouble and danger.

I had looked away from you and back towards Jerry but as soon as you made that comment about my father, my head snapped back to your direction and a small giggle escaped my lips. I was shocked to say the least. No one had ever really spoken to my dad like that, I had thought about it on so many occasions but had never had the confidence to do so because I knew that the consequences would be grave for me and it just wasn't worth it. My lips parted slightly and the corners of my mouth turned upwards as I looked at you, subtly drinking in your obvious good looks in a way that meant you didn't realise I was doing it.

I heard my father's voice booming through the station and I quickly turned my head away from you, my father catching me looking at you even for a second was drama I just didn't need. I could practically hear my father's voice in my head, 'Rose why would you even waste a second of your life looking at that piece of trash? He's not even worth a second of your time, I don't want to catch you looking or interacting with someone like that ever again. Do you hear me?' I kept my eyes looking straight ahead until I heard the sound of Jerry wheeling your chair away and I found myself being unable to resist looking at you again. I turned my head over my shoulder and looked at you once more, there was something so intriguing about you. You were like Pandora's box .. someone with so many layers that had yet to be cracked.

"Rose come here for a minute" My father said loudly and I quickly scurried in his direction, not wanting to give him a single reason to moan at me some more.​

tumblr_mj35y3kHaC1r4j0ujo4_250.gif

I kept my eyes peeled as you made your way over to the desk. I had to appreciate your Dad’s stupidity at times. Getting his daughter to stand less than two feet away from my sprawled out body was definitely not a smart move. But who am I to tell him differently? My eyes glint as he talks through his evening plans for you both. Something about ‘quality time’ between a father and daughter. I doubted it was possible to enjoy any kind of interaction with that man, although humping his leg less than ten minutes ago was rather enjoyable. I decide to do some reflecting on you. Both of you. Every time I’ve been dragged to this station, your Dad has been here. That’s on average, twice a week. God knows how much more time he spends pushing papers outside of that. I glance at your rucksack. You’re still in school, as I technically should be too. The ‘quality time’ you get to spend together must be minimal at best. God, if only I had such a great relationship with my Dad too. I momentarily envy you. Zoning back to reality, I hear something about going to see The Edge of Eden at the local theatre. I snuck in there after training once, and it was boring as shit.

“I wouldn’t choose that one.” I say, as if your Dad has personally asked me for my opinion. I stretch out on the chair, bar my hands, of course. Your Dad scowls at me. “I saw it last week. A load of bullshit, if you ask me.”

“No one asked you, Munro.” Your Dad snaps back at me. “And watch your language in a police station. I’m having a conversation with my daughter.”

I was having a conversation with your daughter, and you dragged me back here. I’m simply making up for lost time.” I smile sweetly at you, with the intention of getting your attention, but also to aggravate your Dad, just for the fun of it. He goes slightly red.

“Boys like this are what’s wrong with this town, Rose. They come in here from god knows where and disturb the peace. Commit crimes. Force me to work late. Scare people away. Stay away from him.” I scoff. That relies on me staying away from you, too. And now I know who you are, and that you actually exist, that’s a very unlikely outcome.

“Boys like this also have a name, officer.” I remark, looking to you now. I just want to hear you say it. I want to know what it sounds like in your voice. I watch you, not hiding my briefly wandering eyes. It’s like I want you to know this is all deliberate. I want you to remember me. I know I’ll certainly remember you.

“I’ve had enough of your games.” Your Dad, now furious, gets up himself and crashes his hands onto my shoulders, shoving me roughly in the direction of the cells. At least I’ll have my own room for the night. It’s funny, everyone in this town is so incredibly vigilant in taking down people like me, but no one asks why we might be committing crimes in the first place. I wasn’t exactly sure why, but I did know I was going to see how far I can push him. Perhaps my immediate attraction to you was born out of that desire, but it felt like there was something else. I couldn’t quite convince myself it was all for show. I wanted to see you again. I wasn’t sure how that would be possible, when that would happen, or who could set the wheels in motion, but I was determined. I had the hots for the daughter of the one guy who was trying to throw me into prison. I’d really outdone myself this time.

“It was lovely to meet you, Rose!” I call back to you, pushing back against the force of your Dad who was now beginning to struggle. I beat up men twice my size for a living, remember? “I’ll be back next week to see you again.” With one final push, I disappear round the corner, leaving only the echoing shouts of your exasperated father.

Oh yes, I’ll definitely be seeing you again.

My dad was telling me about the show that was currently running at the theatre and if I was being completely honest ... it wasn't something I wanted to see. I loved the arts in general but that specific show just hadn't caught my attention however the alternative was telling my dad this and I was pretty sure that if I did he would label me as 'picky' or something like that so instead I just nodded my head and kept my opinion to myself.

My head turned in your direction when I heard your husky voice. Once again I found myself feeling shocked at the confidence that you seemed to have and it was obvious that you were getting under my dad's skin from the unimpressed and frankly irritated look on his face which for some reason made me smile. I pursed my lips and looked at the ground to hide the smile forming on my face as you said that you had been talking to me before my dad had interrupted us. I glanced up just for a second but it was long enough to catch that sweet smile that you were sending me which made me have this butterfly feeling in my stomach. I quickly looked back at my father as he addressed me and spoke in a demeaning way about you. Of course you were here for a reason and had broken the law but I still didn't like the way my dad spoke to you. I didn't like the idea of him speaking like that to anyone. He looked down on you and it was obvious, he had a habit of speaking to people like this and I absolutely hated it. Criminal or not, I didn't like how disrespectful my father was. He was a good cop but at times the 'power' associated with it would get to his head, he was extremely judgemental and there wasn't much more to it than that.

Our eyes met as you spoke about having a name and for some reason my cheeks immediately flushed and turned a shade of pink at the eye contact we were sharing, it was like you were expecting me to say your name or something .. and maybe I would have had my father not been in the room. I watched my dad shove you roughly in the direction of the cells and a small frown grew across my face. This was what I was talking about when I said that the power got to his head at times. "Dad calm down..." I told him but he completely ignored me as he gave you one more forceful push around the corner. I heard you say my name out loud and that same smile from earlier grew across my face. I didn't like my name when I was younger, actually I despised it because of the way people made fun of it ... but somehow coming from your lips it almost sounded poetic and I found myself liking the way it rolled off your tongue.

But just like that our little moment was over and I wondered if I would ever see the guy who had stood up to my father again.....

“Get your ass in there.” Your Dad growled at me, shoving me into the cell that I’m usually put in. Number 34E. It had become like a second home to me. I even noticed the marks I made on the wall as I descended onto the floor, smashing my jaw against the concrete. Now that fucking hurt. I couldn’t help but to wince. Showing pain, especially to people like your father, was not something I ever made a habit of. The ring was a different matter, but in front of a police officer who wanted me gone from this town by any means necessary? No fucking way. I roll over onto my back and hoist myself up so my back rests against the cell wall behind me. My eyes watch him closely as he brings the rails shut, gleefully locking me away. I’m momentarily tempted to find an escape route just so you don’t have to see that god awful play with him, or spend any time with him, period.

“A wonderful example you’re setting for your daughter there, Sherriff.” I remark sarcastically. I was trying to piss him off, but more than that, I was being entirely serious. The knowledge that your Dad treats people this way may rub off on you. It has certainly rubbed off on the other officers. I’ve heard countless stories from friends of officers shoving them around when it wasn’t necessary, or handling them too harshly. This came as no surprise. It was rich of him to think I was a bad influence on you when he is comfortable treating others this way.

His eyes widened at my statement and he drew a finger, jabbing it in my face from the other side of the bars. “You stay the hell away from my daughter. I should never have brought her in whilst you were stinking up the place.” His voice was quiet, yet agitated. It was clear he was trying to remain calm. “I don’t want my officers to hear a word out of you. Got it?” He demanded, staring at me.

I stared right back, and remained silent. He took this as a confirmation, and drew back from the bars. Once he was out of sight I immediately got to my feet and glared round the cell. My chest was bubbling with frustration, but I had no way to channel it. I’d never punched a wall in my life, and I was going to keep it that way. I refuse to turn into my father. I repeat that statement under my breath, circling the four corners slowly until I settle onto the metallic bed quietly. It’s rare that I shut down like this. It only occurs as a strategy of avoiding the man I vowed I would not become.

Back in the reception of the station, your Dad flashes you a grin and swings his coat over his shoulder. “He’s all taken care of. Shouldn’t be bothering us for a long while. Shall we go?” He’s clearly keen tog et you out of the same building as me, just as any father most likely would be. However, I am adamant that I’ll see you again. How, where, or when, I’m not sure exactly. But I have a gut feeling that it’ll be soon.

I could hear what my dad was saying to me as he came back over but it's like his words were going right through me. My mind was elsewhere. My eyes drifted off to the corridor which you had been dragged down and my mind was left clouded by the mystery of you. Who were you? "Maddie I'm talking to you" My dad said with this authority and firmness to his voice. I quickly snapped out of my thoughts and turned my head in my dad's direction, "Sorry. I was just daydreaming." I told him quickly, "I noticed. You should really stop doing that, it's a horrible habit." My father said whilst shaking his head in distaste. He lead me out of the police station and I followed him wondering if I would ever again meet the stranger who seemed to defy my father.

I got into my father's car and sat in silence as he told me about how disgusted he was by people like you and how filthy people like that were. The lecture and the judgement from him towards other people was getting old but as always I just shut my mouth and kept my opinion to myself. My father was one of those people who was beyond help, his strong opinions were practically engraved into his soul and pointing out that these 'opinions' of his were wrong would do nothing but aggravate him further.

We got to the theatre pretty quickly and found our seats. We sat down and luckily the show started pretty quickly which meant that there was no awkward conversations with my father ... something which I was deeply grateful because if I was being completely honest I just wanted to go home. I wanted to go home and cuddle up in my bed with my sketchbook and draw till I felt content and so I could feel at peace. A few hours later, the show had ended and you were right. The show was a load of bullshit. Each second dragged on for longer than the last and I wondered if it would every truly end ... which of course it did ... but at times it felt like it really wouldn't. We made our way home and I nodded along to his comments on the play. When I finally got into my bedroom I felt relieved, my bedroom was a safe haven for me and somewhere where the pinned up smile and mask could just disappear and I could truly be myself. I got changed into some comfy sweatpants and a baggy t-shirt and crawled into bed and started to draw just like I had been wishing I could earlier.

------------------------

It had been 6 days since that day at the police station. 6 days since the day that I had 'met you' so to speak. I had thought about you ... more times than I would ever care to admit. You were a complete and utter mystery to me, I had never met someone like you and it intrigued me. It seemed like fate had read my mind because 6 days later I saw you again just by chance.

That day my friends had begged me to come out that night with them to a bar and I had been hesitant to say the least. The fact that I didn't drink wasn't the main reason that I didn't want to go to the bar, my parents were the real reason. I would have to lie to them about where I was going and it just seemed like a rabbit hole that I didn't want to go down and would be more trouble than it was worth. However after half an hour of them hounding me ... I ended up agreeing. I hadn't hung out with them in quite a while and I felt a little guilty about it, I wasn't intentionally being a bad friend but circumstance meant that sometimes I was a bad friend because I couldn't always go out to parties with them or go drinking or even go to a late night movie. So I agreed to go out to the bar with them that night and hoped for my own sake that the night wouldn't end badly.

I walked into the bar with about 4 other girls and laughed softly at the joke they were telling me. I was wearing a black dress that hugged my curves whilst remaining modest. In fact, I was wearing twice the amount of clothes that the others were wearing and had this innocent vibe to them but somehow the way my clothes clung to my body made me look sexier than all of them. The dress showed off a tiny bit of cleavage and grasped to the curve of my hips, my dark curls cascaded down my back and my face was completely bare of makeup. My friends scuttled off to the bathroom and I headed over to the bar to grab a coke and that's when I heard it. I heard a laugh ring through the bar. I turned my head and my curls whipped over my shoulder and that's when I saw the person who the laugh belonged to. You. There you were standing with a few of your friends and maybe your body had sensed my presence or maybe it was destiny because after a few seconds of looking at you, you looked over your shoulder whilst laughing with your friend and our eyes met. My eyes widened and I quickly turned my head back towards the bar with the colour rising to my cheeks. I placed my hands up to my rosy cheeks and and tried to shake the giddy feeling that had risen inside of me the instant that our eyes had met.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back