• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Multiple Settings I'll Be Perfect For You

LegoLad659

Fairy Queen
Supporter
Roleplay Type(s)
You just can't seem to catch a break, when it comes to dating. Every time you've gone out with someone, something's always gone wrong to the point where either you or they end up needing to break off the relationship. Each relationship lasted a little bit longer than the last, but you're not sure if it's because the people you've been dating have been getting better or if your standards are just getting lower out of exhaustion. Maybe you're even considering giving up dating altogether, but for some reason or another you give one more person a shot. He/she is everything you could ever want in a romantic partner. Whatever it is that your perfect girl/boyfriend was, in your head, this person is that person, from their looks to their personality and attitude, even to what hobbies and jobs they have. You never argue or even mildly disagree with each other, they share all the same opinions that you do and are just as passionate about the things you love as you are. It's like they were made to be loved by you. Then, one day, you notice your partner starting to behave strangely. Avoiding eye contact, rarely speaking to you, and when they do something is clearly wrong. But when you ask about it, they insist that it's nothing, or obviously make up some other problem which is never nearly as bad as what your partner looks like. Then one day, they finally break down, and admit their biggest secret to you:

They're a shapeshifter. Not only that, but all of those people you had so much trouble dating before? Those were all the same person, morphed to look and act like completely different people in order to get to know your likes and dislikes as deeply as possible, all so they could be together with you as your most perfect girlfriend/boyfriend/wife/husband. And now that they have the life they wanted for so long, they started to realize two things.

First, it was probably actually a really horrible thing to do, to lie to you about such a thing and put the both of you under the stress of many breakups, all for the sake of trying to become everything you wanted. At the time, they thought the ends would justify the means. But thinking back on them now, the guilt has started tearing them apart on the inside.

And second... No matter how much they try, they can't remember at all who they were before that day when they fell in love with you. They can only remember the false lives they lived for your sake, anywhere else they can only find hollow, empty spots in their memory.

So, what happens now?

-----

Heya!

So, I've had this idea floating around in my head for a little while after listening to a certain Vocaloid song XD Fair warning, I haven't thought it through any more than what I've written up above, so I don't have a concrete story or even setting surrounding this concept. Hence the Multiple Settings tag, I'm open to putting this plot into a variety of things. They could be normal people living normal modern-day lives. They could be interstellar travelers braving the dangers of space together! It could be the backdrop to a grand Fantasy adventure with monsters and an evil wizard! They could be Magical Girl partners defending Earth from interdimensional monsters! Any ideas you have, I'm willing to consider. Or, if you'd rather, I could see if I could merge this with one of my other stories as well, I do have a few other, separate ideas floating around. I know most people don't like doing all the thinking for the plot.

Because, as you might've guessed from the synopsis, the gender and even type of character I play would also be up to you as well. They want to be your character's perfect partner, after all! (Of course, that'll change once the truth comes out and my character shows their true colors, but until then, I mean) The only limitation is that I would rather not do MxM, it just makes me uncomfortable, sorry. FxF and either side of MxF are fine with me though!

Or maybe I'm just crazy and this is a dumb idea XD Guess there's only one way to find out

👀 Hi! Super interested 😊 I had to make a new account, so if you wanted, you could message me and we could go over details

Users who are viewing this thread

Back