• Before posting a question, please check our Frequently Asked Questions page as well as previous threads here. Odds are you aren't the first to ask, and you may find the answer without having to post!

Help Ignore Threads?

The Random Fox

Roleplay Availability
Is there a way to ignore threads by people that you have ignored? I was just surprised that I could still see threads on ignored people.

Last edited:
Is there a way to ignore threads by people that you have ignored? I was just surprised that I could still see threads on ignored people.

Hmm......

I'm not completely sure how that interaction is handled. Are you seeing threads started by ignored people, or just threads ignored people have applied to it? That functionality is handled by the core software and we have little to no control about it, but we can always provide suggestions to the software devs or try to make some new feature ourselves if its possible.

Hmm......

I'm not completely sure how that interaction is handled. Are you seeing threads started by ignored people, or just threads ignored people have applied to it? That functionality is handled by the core software and we have little to no control about it, but we can always provide suggestions to the software devs or try to make some new feature ourselves if its possible.
Not that person, obviously, but I have actually been wondering about the same thing as them, so:

You can see threads started by ignored people when they are the latest thread in that section someone posted in. When you click on that section, it disappears, but it's in the 'preview,' so to speak. Not sure if I am explaining this in a way that makes sense, so, and example:

Screenshot_20230131-175005.jpg

I am obviously not ignoring the person who started the Roleplay Pet Peeves thread, but if I was ignoring them, that's how I could see the thread. If I clicked on the Roleplay Discussion & Advice section, it would, however, disappear.

Not that person, obviously, but I have actually been wondering about the same thing as them, so:

You can see threads started by ignored people when they are the latest thread in that section someone posted in. When you click on that section, it disappears, but it's in the 'preview,' so to speak. Not sure if I am explaining this in a way that makes sense, so, and example:

View attachment 1062105

I am obviously not ignoring the person who started the Roleplay Pet Peeves thread, but if I was ignoring them, that's how I could see the thread. If I clicked on the Roleplay Discussion & Advice section, it would, however, disappear.

Interesting that the little preview thing bypasses that, I'll have to look at it, maybe it's a bug with the software. I'll try to replicate it in a bit and then send off a bug report to xenforo.

Interesting that the little preview thing bypasses that, I'll have to look at it, maybe it's a bug with the software. I'll try to replicate it in a bit and then send off a bug report to xenforo.
Might help a little, but in my experience with the platform, you won't see the opening post and all the further posts of the person in ignored list, but threads would be avaliable, just with no posts of said ignored person.
Which, tbf, is fair? There might be an option to ignore threads, though.

This might be a misuse of the function, but I actually just ignore people because I've seen the RTs they put out and I have no intention in joining them overall. It's not that the person did anything to "offend me". I just like to cut down on the clutter, so to speak. BUT that function is basically circumvented when their RT still pops up as the most recently commented on if someone other than the OP bumps it to the top. It then appears on the "Home page" view.

Yeah, could definitely use some improvements. Our forum software hasn't had any real feature improvements or updates in over a year or two I think, it only just gets security updates from the company. We are expecting a major version sometime this year but so far, they refuse to explain what the roadmap is, what these new features are etc. I'm constantly on the lookout and also discussing with one of the devs whose add-ons we use for our forum software, but they don't have anything that can address the concerns in this thread yet.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back