• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Fantasy [Ignore Prefix] 10 Plots. 4 Genres. Someone take 'em off my hands!

Grouse

bow chicka bow wow
tl;dr

Timezone: PT / GMT-7

Medium: PM, thread, Google Docs, e-mail

Genre: Any; As long as there is potential for worldbuilding

Level Requirement: N/A; I’ve been doing this for 10+ years

Length Requirement: N/A; I write anywhere from 100-1000 words

Frequency Requirement: ≥ 1 per week ; I can post ≥ 1 every 1-3 days (conservative estimate)

Romance: Not required; No preferred orientation

Characters: Either sex; Typically older (21+)

Coding: No

Character Sheets/Face Claims: No; Willing to provide a simple one upon request

Smut: No

Violence/Drugs/Etc.: As necessary

Me
Hello! My name is Grouse, and I’m too lazy to type stuff about me you probably couldn’t care less about, so I’ll spare you the agony. (Proceeds to type stuff about me...) Know that I’m a full-time university student with a part-time gig as a research assistant and some other volunteer work on the side so sometimes I can get my hands tied. But other than that, my life is null and void, so expect consistent bursts of activity (i.e., at least 1 post every 1-3 day/s) besides the occasional bump.

I can write both males and females, and prefer writing older (21+) characters. My posts are anywhere from 100 - 1000 words . As long as you give me enough to work with, I’ll try to make our RP environment as immersive as I can.

When it comes to dark themes and issues, feel free to throw political correctness out of the window. I honestly don’t care; it’s pretty hard to offend me. Drugs, self-harm, violence, gore, mental illness, sexual assault -- all fine (in the context of RP, my friends). Shit, I’ll even take incest if the story really calls for it. Key phrase here for everything above though: if the story really calls for it. That said, if you’re going to explicitly bring mental illness into this, please do your research. My major touches a lot on the subject, so while I can’t claim to be an expert, I will know if you’re getting the fundamentals horribly wrong -- and if you are, I will be very, very sad.

Romance is not required. However, I’m not going to assume our characters are going to bang unless the RP is explicitly romantic (note: none of the prompts below are, but the potential is there). Otherwise, if they do have some form of chemistry, and you want things to go to poundtown eventually, let me know in advance because I tend to be oblivious about these things. This way, at least in the coming posts, I can have my character notice your character’s purdy eyes, and we have a nice set-up to the impending fireworks display.

That said, smut is off the table. Not just because it’s against site rules, but because my sexy-time prose is everything to laugh at.

Character sheets and face claims are not my cuppa. I could spout some BS about how I believe it’s better to simply get to know the character through RP, and how they could be restrictive to the RP, but I won’t. The real reason is I’m lazy as fuck, and would just rather delve straight into the story rather than have to work on supplementary stuff. That said, feel free to request (a simple!) one from me if you really feel it helps.

Coding is a big no-no. Like I said, lazy as fuck. I know I’m being a bit of a hypocrite with this post, but something this simple actually took me more than three hours to make, and just … no. I don’t mind if you want your posts to look pretty though.

If it’s been a while since I last replied and I didn’t give you prior notice, feel free to dangle me over a rooftop, put a gun to a puppy’s head, call my mum (okay, I draw the line there), whatever. Force me to write. Sometimes (i.e., most times), I get a bit scatterbrained. In fact, I’ve been known to write long replies before forgetting to actually hit the submit button. And then I go on thinking my partner’s abandoned me when I’m actually the one doing the ghosting. That kind of scenario should only belong on a sitcom, so please don’t hesitate to give me that extra push if you feel I need it.

Lastly, and I think it’s important for me to say this now to clear things up, I have a tendency to come off as an aloof motherfucker OOC. I’m shy -- by which I mean I’ve been diagnosed with an anxiety disorder, and avoidance is my archnemesis. That said, I’m not going to get panic attacks if you message me OOC. Just want to warn you: I can seem like a snobby little bitch at first. I do love plotting, swooning/bitching over characters, and talking about general nonsense as much as the average player, but if you’re the type of person who needs a tonne of OOC action, you’re going to have to reach out. A lot. (I’m trying, I swear). Eventually, I’ll habituate out of my anxiety and act like a normal person, but until then, I am, in fact, one of the infamous robots some posts here often reference.​

You
You can write as much or as little you want -- just give me something to work with. If I think it’s not enough, I’ll let you know. As long as you’re literate (which you are, considering you’re able to read this right now), I would love to write stories with you. That is to say: I wouldn’t judge you over the occasional grammar or spelling mistake. I make them, too. Descriptive over prescriptive grammar any day, my man. It also doesn’t matter if you just learned what RP is last night, or if you’ve been RP-ing for longer than I’ve lived: I would love to write with you all the same.

You don’t have to rapid-fire with me. I get that real-life gets in the way, and sometimes the brain just won’t cooperate. If you could manage one post a week, I would be happy. Any less frequent, and I take it as a hint that your interest is waning. That’s natural. It happens. I wouldn’t hold it against you better sleep with one eye open, punk. If at that point, though, you still want to try doing something else with me, don’t hesitate to let me know.

Doubling/Playing multiple, diverse characters is the one thing I do require. We don’t have to focus on the secondary cast as much, but occasionally I would like to be able to see the world through their eyes. Things can get stale pretty fast when every scene ever just revolves around the same two people.

Basically, this: You’ll be golden as long as you’re willing to tell stories. Good stories. Stories that keep me on the edge of my seat. I don’t like extremely pre-planned scenarios. It feels like painting by the numbers, but with words. It’s not exciting. Be creative. Pull things out of your ass if you have to. That’s, like, 90% of RP anyway. Why not go all the way? Seriously: Surprise me. Make me feel things. I’ll try to do the same.​

I am currently looking for partners.

• I generally don’t have a preference for which character I’d like to play. That said, some prompts already include a starter, so it’s given which of the two I’d like to play. Of course, I could always be convinced to simply make a new one.

If someone has already expressed interest in doing a certain prompt with me, but you’re interested in doing your own take on it as well, don’t be afraid to approach me anyway! If a prompt gets too much demand, I might have to turn you down, but let me know what you have in mind anyway, and if it’s different enough from what I’m currently doing with the others, I’ll still be up for it!​

Other Important Info Some of the prompts already contain starters, so feel free to look through them to get a better idea of my style. Here are some more: Stand-alone Prose (1), Stand-alone Prose (2), RP Starter (1), RP Starter (2), RP Starter(3)

Some might be a wee bit outdated. That said, I will try to update them as much as I can to reflect my current level of writing.

If you have other ideas, feel free to run me through them! If you are interested, send me a PM!

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back