• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Multiple Settings If you're looking for an rp partner, and I'm looking for an rp partner, then who's flying the plane? [CLOSED]

wickedlittlecritta

lord of misrule
Hello friends! I am here looking for someone, or several someones, to make some words with. I assume you are reading this because you are also looking for someone to make some words with, yes? Let's see if we can help each other out!

I consider myself "lazy lit": I know I can write. I know you can write. Let's not do the song and dance on post requirements. I don't particularly give a shit how many words you write me, so long as you give me something to reply to. Sometimes a well placed one liner is all you need, tbh. I personally tend to be a fairly laconic writer, so you're very rarely going to get massive posts from me. If you normally write more and enjoy it, that's cool and I will eat every word! If you also write bite sized, fantastic, let's do call and response posts until one of us has to be responsible and go to bed. I'm also not fussy about spelling or grammar--so long as we can understand each other, it's all good! Please leave your prescriptivism in your high school English class, thanks.

Settings I like!
Urban fantasy: with and without the fantasy element being hidden. I'm not super huge on vampires and werewolves, unless there's a twist to them
High fantasy: I'm a simple creature, I like dragons and swords
Space Opera: I'm not super into hard scifi, but I really like Star Wars or Firefly scifi settings. And space ships.
Steam/Diesel/Clockpunk : with or without magic! I like exploring alternate histories and technologies
Historical fantasy/Gaslamp fantasy: In a similar vein, I like using real world history for fantasy settings! I mostly know European history, but I'd be interested in learning about places and times I'm less familiar with, if you've got a fave!
Apocalypse: I'm very about solarpunk "soft" apocalypses. Not really into survival horror apocalypes or zombies. Let's start a commune and learn how to farm sheep instead.
Superheros: I like the MCU a lot. I'm really interested in D-list superheros or weird powers.
Street Racing: Listen I love the Fast and the Furious. I love squirrely Japanese sports cars. I think hellaflush is an art form and I'm willing to fight about it. I'm interested in combing this with an urban fantasy or superhero setting for maximum fun times

Other things I like writing about!
Monsters: Exploring what makes something a monster, monstrosity vs humanity, things with big teeth, ect
Gods: Old gods! New gods! Gods who never show up! Gods who buy you hot chocolate and offer cryptic advice!
The fair folk: I just love fairies sometimes they eat people and that's great
Street magic: My favorite part of any fantasy is seeing what magic the people outside of fancy wizard schools are doing
Dynamic Duos: Characters who foil each other!! Especially in ways that aren't always obvious
Found families: Ragtag misfits who make their own families get me every time. Adopted parents and children are my favorites.
Psychic links: With another person? A dragon? Eight strangers from around the globe? Bonus points if they're really bad at it/are mad about it
Slice of Life: Especially genre slice of life!!
Crime: Look I love organized crime and heists and all the good shit, but my favorite crimes are like. Wine forgery.

I'm fairly ambient about romance! I love a good romance it when it happens organically, but I often struggle with rps where the whole point is shipping. I also tend to rp soft boy shaped characters, my gals are usually very knife shaped and unromanceable.

If you've read this far and are still considering, here are some other things about me that might sway things one way or another for you:

I'm in my late 20s and located in Pacific Standard Time
I have a full time job with a slightly bizarre schedule. I anticipate posting regularly, but it will probably mostly be around 8 or 9 PST most week days
I live with my partner and their 100 houseplants and my betta fish. None of us are straight. Especially not the lithops.
I have a creative writing degree and am working on a novel
I've played D&D 5e and Apocalypse World as far as tabletop goes
My hobbies include baking and drawing, and I've been involved with horses for about 20 years
My primary goal with rping is to have fun, for everyone involved! I like being friends with my rp partners and writing specifically to delight them.

I'm willing to rp in a private thread, pms, or discord! If any of this sounds like your cup of tea, send me a message or post below!

I’m super interested in roleplay and I love horses!!

Interested. Urban/high fantasy/soft apocalypse.

I too am in 20s, queer, and have been involved with horses (sadly not currently)

Hello friends! I am here looking for someone, or several someones, to make some words with. I assume you are reading this because you are also looking for someone to make some words with, yes? Let's see if we can help each other out!

I consider myself "lazy lit": I know I can write. I know you can write. Let's not do the song and dance on post requirements. I don't particularly give a shit how many words you write me, so long as you give me something to reply to. Sometimes a well placed one liner is all you need, tbh. I personally tend to be a fairly laconic writer, so you're very rarely going to get massive posts from me. If you normally write more and enjoy it, that's cool and I will eat every word! If you also write bite sized, fantastic, let's do call and response posts until one of us has to be responsible and go to bed. I'm also not fussy about spelling or grammar--so long as we can understand each other, it's all good! Please leave your prescriptivism in your high school English class, thanks.

Settings I like!
Urban fantasy: with and without the fantasy element being hidden. I'm not super huge on vampires and werewolves, unless there's a twist to them
High fantasy: I'm a simple creature, I like dragons and swords
Space Opera: I'm not super into hard scifi, but I really like Star Wars or Firefly scifi settings. And space ships.
Steam/Diesel/Clockpunk : with or without magic! I like exploring alternate histories and technologies
Historical fantasy/Gaslamp fantasy: In a similar vein, I like using real world history for fantasy settings! I mostly know European history, but I'd be interested in learning about places and times I'm less familiar with, if you've got a fave!
Apocalypse: I'm very about solarpunk "soft" apocalypses. Not really into survival horror apocalypes or zombies. Let's start a commune and learn how to farm sheep instead.
Superheros: I like the MCU a lot. I'm really interested in D-list superheros or weird powers.
Street Racing: Listen I love the Fast and the Furious. I love squirrely Japanese sports cars. I think hellaflush is an art form and I'm willing to fight about it. I'm interested in combing this with an urban fantasy or superhero setting for maximum fun times

Other things I like writing about!
Monsters: Exploring what makes something a monster, monstrosity vs humanity, things with big teeth, ect
Gods: Old gods! New gods! Gods who never show up! Gods who buy you hot chocolate and offer cryptic advice!
The fair folk: I just love fairies sometimes they eat people and that's great
Street magic: My favorite part of any fantasy is seeing what magic the people outside of fancy wizard schools are doing
Dynamic Duos: Characters who foil each other!! Especially in ways that aren't always obvious
Found families: Ragtag misfits who make their own families get me every time. Adopted parents and children are my favorites.
Psychic links: With another person? A dragon? Eight strangers from around the globe? Bonus points if they're really bad at it/are mad about it
Slice of Life: Especially genre slice of life!!
Crime: Look I love organized crime and heists and all the good shit, but my favorite crimes are like. Wine forgery.

I'm fairly ambient about romance! I love a good romance it when it happens organically, but I often struggle with rps where the whole point is shipping. I also tend to rp soft boy shaped characters, my gals are usually very knife shaped and unromanceable.

If you've read this far and are still considering, here are some other things about me that might sway things one way or another for you:

I'm in my late 20s and located in Pacific Standard Time
I have a full time job with a slightly bizarre schedule. I anticipate posting regularly, but it will probably mostly be around 8 or 9 PST most week days
I live with my partner and their 100 houseplants and my betta fish. None of us are straight. Especially not the lithops.
I have a creative writing degree and am working on a novel
I've played D&D 5e and Apocalypse World as far as tabletop goes
My hobbies include baking and drawing, and I've been involved with horses for about 20 years
My primary goal with rping is to have fun, for everyone involved! I like being friends with my rp partners and writing specifically to delight them.

I'm willing to rp in a private thread, pms, or discord! If any of this sounds like your cup of tea, send me a message or post below!
I am so down to do a vampire or werewolf rp

I'm interested in urban fantasy and superheros with weird powers ^^ As for the other elements you like I'm interested in monsters, found families and crime.
I play multiple characters and I don't mind playing either gender (although my mains tend to be guys)
I'm also 21 and have a pretty open schedule (although my family is moving soon so I'll be spending some time with them before they leave.)
I also draw! ^^ it could be fun to draw out some of the characters and scenes if we get inspired from the rp.

My site of choice for rp is discord so if you're interested we can discuss ideas on there, I love to brainstorm

Users who are viewing this thread

Back