Other If you're into any, what's your favorite sport and why?

Ah I get it. Makes sense. I'm just like a crazy Islanders super fan and hockey is the only sport I watch: so like I'll be watching ALL of the Isles games this season haha, I even put off things just so I could sit down for an hour or two to watch the boys play.

Speaking of college basketball, I actually saw a game in person with some friends who dragged me along cuz they were into college basketball. It was the playoffs or something, I think. UVA vs Louisville I think it was.

Ah good for them though, Blues are a classy organization with pretty class fans. Much respect to them.

And yea that's awesome. I've always like never hated him. I love him, that smile is contagious he's such a great and nice guy. Class act all around that flower.

And yea, that's why it was so fun seeing that Isles game in person (although sadly we lost to one of my least favorite teams in the league :( lol). Was still a fun experience all around.
Yeah that’s awesome though. It’s been awhile since having the league pass, but can relate on the super fandom for ones teams. Haha

That would have been a awesome experience! The college atmosphere imo is just very epic and something about it, idk, just feels different in a positive way and very contagious and lively for a lack of better terms. I see it all the time on TV, but the live basketball and football games I can only imagine. That’s pretty cool man! Still love the pro games as well but the atmosphere and few of it all is definitely different.

Yeah that’s true, I’m not a blues fan but was happy for them when they won the cup and finally overcame their playoff struggles.

I never had any issues with him either. A cool dude. I just remember all those years with the penguins…. Those guys had some really strong teams and was never anything but a tough matchup.

I bet! Tough on the loss but can imagine how great the experience would have been.

Yea, I've stuck with the boys through thick and thin. It's been exhausting, but they're a good bunch of guys, just hit hard this year. This year isn't our year, next year we will come back stronger than ever, and it's gonna be fun to watch 'em again. I can't wait. This was a bad fluke year haha.

And yea, there is something difference about that college sports atmosphere that I never knew about until I experienced it first hand. It's really cool.

And yea, I'm happy for the Blues too. As long as Boston is losing, I'm pretty happy. So glad they won the cup against them back in 2019.

And yea, 2000's and 2010's Pens were great, Fleury was an excellent goal tender. Such a great and classy guy like I said.

And yea, tough loss, but at the end of the day. Going to see the game in person in the new arena was so awesome lol.

Yea, I've stuck with the boys through thick and thin. It's been exhausting, but they're a good bunch of guys, just hit hard this year. This year isn't our year, next year we will come back stronger than ever, and it's gonna be fun to watch 'em again. I can't wait. This was a bad fluke year haha.

And yea, there is something difference about that college sports atmosphere that I never knew about until I experienced it first hand. It's really cool.

And yea, I'm happy for the Blues too. As long as Boston is losing, I'm pretty happy. So glad they won the cup against them back in 2019.

And yea, 2000's and 2010's Pens were great, Fleury was an excellent goal tender. Such a great and classy guy like I said.

And yea, tough loss, but at the end of the day. Going to see the game in person in the new arena was so awesome lol.
Yeah that’s the right mindset. Honestly was thinking they’d have been better this year before the season started, so definitely think they will bounce back next year.

True and agreed

Definitely

Oh yeah, I can understand that about Boston. I don’t remember how it all began, but I’ve always hated those teams in Boston across different sports. Red Sox and Patriots especially even though I’m not a New Yorker myself and not a die hard fan like that for NY teams. But always hated those teams. Partly I guess growing up with the Yankees being one of my favorite teams so that was clear and easy hate there and understandable reasons. Patriots just grew over time and got intense. Bruins never liked either. Bruins, Red Wings, Stars and Avalanche were teams i never minded seeing lose haha. Red wings were probably childhood related though. Now days just focused on wanting my Wild to knock off the Avalanche whenever possible.

Yeah that’s the right mindset. Honestly was thinking they’d have been better this year before the season started, so definitely think they will bounce back next year.

True and agreed

Definitely

Oh yeah, I can understand that about Boston. I don’t remember how it all began, but I’ve always hated those teams in Boston across different sports. Red Sox and Patriots especially even though I’m not a New Yorker myself and not a die hard fan like that for NY teams. But always hated those teams. Partly I guess growing up with the Yankees being one of my favorite teams so that was clear and easy hate there and understandable reasons. Patriots just grew over time and got intense. Bruins never liked either. Bruins, Red Wings, Stars and Avalanche were teams i never minded seeing lose haha. Red wings were probably childhood related though. Now days just focused on wanting my Wild to knock off the Avalanche whenever possible.
Exactly. We just had an unfortunate start to the season. COVID, injuries, and the 13 straight road games plagued us. We played so well in 2019, 2020, and 2021. We made it to the semi-finals twice (2020 and 2021) but got beat out by Tampa. We would have been in the cup finals if Tampa hadn't cheated their way to a series victory in game 7 back in 2021.

As for Boston, especially as a hockey fan, it's practically tradition to hate Boston- unless of course, you're a Boston fan lol (if so, ew). Also, call me crazy, but the Bruins, Red Sox, and Patriots seem to always have like the WORST fans man. Boston fans suck lmao. No class. And as for Boston players, at least with the Boston Bruins, they are dirty and have no class at all. They're such an easy team to hate.

Also, boo Avs. Refs have been handing them so many wins this season it's not even funny. They'll get there's tho when they exit in the second round. No chance those frauds win the cup. I'm all here for a Colorado downfall.

Exactly. We just had an unfortunate start to the season. COVID, injuries, and the 13 straight road games plagued us. We played so well in 2019, 2020, and 2021. We made it to the semi-finals twice (2020 and 2021) but got beat out by Tampa. We would have been in the cup finals if Tampa hadn't cheated their way to a series victory in game 7 back in 2021.

As for Boston, especially as a hockey fan, it's practically tradition to hate Boston- unless of course, you're a Boston fan lol (if so, ew). Also, call me crazy, but the Bruins, Red Sox, and Patriots seem to always have like the WORST fans man. Boston fans suck lmao. No class. And as for Boston players, at least with the Boston Bruins, they are dirty and have no class at all. They're such an easy team to hate.

Also, boo Avs. Refs have been handing them so many wins this season it's not even funny. They'll get there's tho when they exit in the second round. No chance those frauds win the cup. I'm all here for a Colorado downfall.
Oh yeah! They were playing strong the past few years for sure. That Tampa victory was…. Disappointing. Since my team suffered a tough early exit was hoping a few other teams would make it and Tampa wasn’t one of them. Tough GM 7 there.

It’s strange… I grew up a Yankees fan least they were one of my teams since UT doesn’t have a team. But grew up a Yankees fan cause of Hideki Matsui and catching a lot of games on fox during the weekends as a kid without cable. Still recall those Red Sox teams and brawls we had back then with Pedro taking it too far with the late Don Zimmer who was fairly old at the time. Plenty of Boston players I couldn’t stand and seemed like dirty players to me as a kid during those years and still hate the Red Sox even if I’m more of a brewers fan besides Yankees. Patriots have a cheating history as well and I’d say I’ve gotten that feeling of Boston fans least some atleast being further out then New Yorkers would be seem to have some of the worst fans out there.

Don’t really hate any Division rivals for my teams save for a few. But always hated the Lakers, Celtics, Red Sox & Patriots besides never liking the Bruins. Seen plenty of games with Chara, Marchand among others… those teams are easy to dislike imo. Childhood was filled with Red wings (Older step brothers team, a lot of small rivalries playing nhl games lol. No real hate I guess just childhood stuff) , Bruins and Avs being around the top of the league.

Avs though…. I’m all for seeing their downfall. That’s one division rival I really don’t like and seeing how they have won games over the years only adds to it.

Oh yea, game 7 was tough. Tampa scored a short handed goal with 6 guys on the ice (which is illegal as I'm sure you very well know) and that goal got them on to the Stanley Cup Finals.

Also that's interesting. I feel like a lot of people cheer for the Yankees not from NY tho. I don't watch too much MLB but I can only imagine how great the Red Sox and Yankees rivalry was.

As for the Red Sox, I don't know about their players. But I do know you have awful people on the Boston Bruins such as the rat- Brad Marchand, you've got Taylor Hall, and a few other dirty players. Plus, their fans are literal trash. Some of them are nasty nasty people. And of course, they defend their team's dirty actions to the end.

Also I'm sure the Red Wings were fun to watch when they were actually good in the 90's and early 2000's lol.

I never really had a problem with the Avs until I realized how heavily the officials seem to favor them. Each of our meetings with the Avs this year, we had at least 2 or 3 goals taken away from us, and so many bad call on our players and non-calls on their players. It's wild. Plus, this isn't exclusive to just screwing over the Islanders. The league seems to love the Avs right now, and likes to hand them wins. I'd love to see Minnesota knock those suckers out of the water haha.

But I've gotta say my least favorite teams are Tampa Bay (because of multiple reasons: classless players, classless fans, classless coach, and they're cheaters), Toronto because of multiple reasons (maybe you can guess why since I'm and Isles fan) but also because it's fun and classic to hate the Leafs. Boston because- well Boston, and the New York Rangers because, I'm an Islanders fan. You gotta hate the Rags as an Isles fan. Plus, their trashy fan base makes it very easy to hate them.

Oh yea, game 7 was tough. Tampa scored a short handed goal with 6 guys on the ice (which is illegal as I'm sure you very well know) and that goal got them on to the Stanley Cup Finals.

Also that's interesting. I feel like a lot of people cheer for the Yankees not from NY tho. I don't watch too much MLB but I can only imagine how great the Red Sox and Yankees rivalry was.

As for the Red Sox, I don't know about their players. But I do know you have awful people on the Boston Bruins such as the rat- Brad Marchand, you've got Taylor Hall, and a few other dirty players. Plus, their fans are literal trash. Some of them are nasty nasty people. And of course, they defend their team's dirty actions to the end.

Also I'm sure the Red Wings were fun to watch when they were actually good in the 90's and early 2000's lol.

I never really had a problem with the Avs until I realized how heavily the officials seem to favor them. Each of our meetings with the Avs this year, we had at least 2 or 3 goals taken away from us, and so many bad call on our players and non-calls on their players. It's wild. Plus, this isn't exclusive to just screwing over the Islanders. The league seems to love the Avs right now, and likes to hand them wins. I'd love to see Minnesota knock those suckers out of the water haha.

But I've gotta say my least favorite teams are Tampa Bay (because of multiple reasons: classless players, classless fans, classless coach, and they're cheaters), Toronto because of multiple reasons (maybe you can guess why since I'm and Isles fan) but also because it's fun and classic to hate the Leafs. Boston because- well Boston, and the New York Rangers because, I'm an Islanders fan. You gotta hate the Rags as an Isles fan. Plus, their trashy fan base makes it very easy to hate them.
Yeah I hate games like that. Illegal plays and refs letting things slide for certain teams or seems like certain teams in each league gets that treatment or maybe it’s just me and my craziness exaggerating? That’s one of the worst ways to lose a game though.

Yeah I’ve noticed that as well. I started cause of childhood with just local channels limited the teams I was exposed to bald then, so NL games usually with the Cubs, brewers, Cardinals, Pirates and Reds in one combo or another with other NL teams also playing most of the time on fox it seemed like and then the Red Sox and Yankees with Angels mixed in were the majority of what we saw. But it seems like it’s almost a brand that many non NY folks gravitate towards. But at the same time they also get a lot of haters too.

They were pretty intense though plenty of brawls back then. Not as many now but still plenty of dislike for each other during those games. The cheating scandals in recent years though hasn’t helped those teams and the Astros being the biggest villain of the lot.

That I can imagine. My step grandpa who I grew up with when visiting my grandma from my dads side of the family… was one of the biggest Boston sports fan around least in the UT area. The amount of talk he’d have for his teams and defending them was rough and a bit much after awhile. I don’t know if he was from Boston but he might of, used to claim working for the Red Sox organization at one point.

Yeah lol, they might of been. Most of my memories from that time was the winning each game I saw on tv or scores of while constantly losing to them on the console games against my step bro usually the same top players they had just killing it every time i saw the score or played against on console.

Yeah those Av’s do seem to get quite a bit in their favor. It gets hard to stomach seeing what they can get away with and favoring calls. I’d definitely love seeing that as well, would be a huge highlight for this season.

Yeah those make sense for sure. The Rangers i always understood mostly cause of the in state rivalry NY teams have but got more familiar with the Islanders/Rangers rivalry through some of the sports radio I’ve listened to this year that is based around the NY area and one of the shows has a former goalie from the Islanders with Dipietro co hosting. Boomer & Gio is another show I’ve learned a bit more from concerning those teams.

Yea exactly, the officiating has been REALLY bad both last year and now even worse this year. I'm nervous for the playoffs. There's gonna be a lot of BS calls for sure, I feel.

And no, you're not exaggerating, it's definitely true that some officials favor certain teams and the league favors certain teams. That's what you get when you use human officials that are easily bribed and corruptible.

Oh ok that makes sense. And yes, it totally is a brand lots of non-NY folks gravitate towards. I see Yankees hates EVERYwhere. And yes, since they're so popular and usually good, they have TONS of haters, but with NYY I kinda understand lol.

And yea I bet it was intense. Hostile fans too. Kinda like the battle of Alberta with Edmonton Oilers fans and Calgary Flames fans. There was this one game I think where they had to like arrest people because a brawl broke out in the stands between fans of the opposing teams lmao.

Also oh boy, the Astros. Don't get me started on those frauds. They deserved to be hated by the whole league and all of the MLB fan bases for what they did. They cheated their way to a WS win.

Also damn that'd be pretty cool if he actually did work for the Red Sox organization, regardless of it being a Boston team hahaha.

Also video games, haha, a classic way to hate certain athletes who always seem to keep beating you in the virtual world, lol.

And as for the Avs, yea, it's insane. I hate seeing it, and it's sad they can't legitimately get to 50 wins on the season in the regular season without having a good chunk of those essentially handed to them.

Also yea, the Rangers/Islanders rivalry is intense. I love watching the two teams play and watching the Isles completely own the Rags like usual seeing all of their fans cry. I'm probably going off on a tangent here so I'll stop myself before I hate more on Rangers fans haha. But yea, I've heard Rick DiPietro our old goalie from a while ago hosts some sort of show now. Man was a first round pick for the Isles as a goalie I believe in 2000 I think? Just a random fact lol.

Yea exactly, the officiating has been REALLY bad both last year and now even worse this year. I'm nervous for the playoffs. There's gonna be a lot of BS calls for sure, I feel.

And no, you're not exaggerating, it's definitely true that some officials favor certain teams and the league favors certain teams. That's what you get when you use human officials that are easily bribed and corruptible.

Oh ok that makes sense. And yes, it totally is a brand lots of non-NY folks gravitate towards. I see Yankees hates EVERYwhere. And yes, since they're so popular and usually good, they have TONS of haters, but with NYY I kinda understand lol.

And yea I bet it was intense. Hostile fans too. Kinda like the battle of Alberta with Edmonton Oilers fans and Calgary Flames fans. There was this one game I think where they had to like arrest people because a brawl broke out in the stands between fans of the opposing teams lmao.

Also oh boy, the Astros. Don't get me started on those frauds. They deserved to be hated by the whole league and all of the MLB fan bases for what they did. They cheated their way to a WS win.

Also damn that'd be pretty cool if he actually did work for the Red Sox organization, regardless of it being a Boston team hahaha.

Also video games, haha, a classic way to hate certain athletes who always seem to keep beating you in the virtual world, lol.

And as for the Avs, yea, it's insane. I hate seeing it, and it's sad they can't legitimately get to 50 wins on the season in the regular season without having a good chunk of those essentially handed to them.

Also yea, the Rangers/Islanders rivalry is intense. I love watching the two teams play and watching the Isles completely own the Rags like usual seeing all of their fans cry. I'm probably going off on a tangent here so I'll stop myself before I hate more on Rangers fans haha. But yea, I've heard Rick DiPietro our old goalie from a while ago hosts some sort of show now. Man was a first round pick for the Isles as a goalie I believe in 2000 I think? Just a random fact lol.
Yeah I can see it going down that way, sadly enough. Seems like every year something happens with the officiating in the playoffs between the different leagues. It’s been pretty bad over the years and that’s kinda sad considering I still recall the huge story of NBA’s corrupt refs scandal back in the day with Tim Donaghy (might of misspelled his last name. Going off memory for the most part) The possibility of how many such refs remain is a rabbit hole I try to avoid but some of the calls in all these different games and favoring certain teams and etc makes such things difficult. Leagues don’t always help either.

Indeed lol. Watching Mad Dog Russo & Stephen A YT clips of first take talking Mets/Yankees for this coming season was hilarious. It all stemmed from a which team will own New York this season or something. Just had me laughing and thinking about the rivalries and hate the Yankees and other mainstream brands tend to get. But yeah i understand as well.

Oh wow! I’m not as familiar with that rivalry as some others. But that would be quite the story to return home with lol. Reminds me of the Malace at the Palace brawl back in ‘04 involving the Pistons and Pacers…. Both players and fans were involved in that brawl that reached into the lower bowl seats behind the announce desks and etc. lol.

But i did Kinda like the flames, always was a fan of Jerome Iginla over the years. Awesome player

Yeah same…. Still boil over the lack of action taken against that team and how they all treated it within that organization. Especially the owner and some of the players. AJ Hinch atleast was somewhat decent about it all and earnest in his taking responsibility and working to redeem himself. More class then most involved there from what I recall from interviews and etc.

I don’t know if I’ll ever know for sure. He wasn’t the most honest person I knew growing up but wasn’t an outright liar either. So hard to tell and can’t recall what was found out when my Aunt checked into it or if my memory is merely mixing things up and imagining that convo and she never did say she was looking into it. Seems like he mentioned it enough that some got curious about it and looked though. Would be cool I agree even if it was for the Red Sox of all teams haha.

A big YES on that!!! Some are just cheat codes lol. Been playing NBA 2k22’s WNBA mycareer lately to try it out and have fun, etc, twice in a six game span I had to play the Dallas Wings… Arike Ogunbowale is a cheat code I swear lol. I love her game and she is a joy to watch play both in college when attended Notre dame and now but wow is she impossible to beat as a defender. Just doesn’t miss.

Ramble and sidetracking ending now haha. Might look into revisiting the NHL and FIFA games now that I think about it. Heard they have nhl career mode as well and fifa soccer as well I think….

Agreed

Yeah I bet. Can relate to that with my teams. Experiencing that kind of NY rivalry in person would be pretty awesome. Knicks/Nets, Mets/Yankees, Jets/Giants, Islanders/Rangers…. A lot of history with those teams and close proximity. But it’s all good haha pretty sure I’ve done that myself during this convo a few times along with some sidetracked add ons lol. I think he was, yeah. I remember watching him play and liking his game a lot of potential there that got shortened by injuries. I’ll always remember that 15 year contract though… really rough luck with how it all turned out. Still some great success but if healthy who knows what could have been. I can’t remember who else hosts the show with him, two other guys from different sports I believe only caught it once or twice and one was while he appeared on Boomer & Gio and heard bits of the show from there. The other time was on radio while driving I think.

Yeah I can see it going down that way, sadly enough. Seems like every year something happens with the officiating in the playoffs between the different leagues. It’s been pretty bad over the years and that’s kinda sad considering I still recall the huge story of NBA’s corrupt refs scandal back in the day with Tim Donaghy (might of misspelled his last name. Going off memory for the most part) The possibility of how many such refs remain is a rabbit hole I try to avoid but some of the calls in all these different games and favoring certain teams and etc makes such things difficult. Leagues don’t always help either.

Indeed lol. Watching Mad Dog Russo & Stephen A YT clips of first take talking Mets/Yankees for this coming season was hilarious. It all stemmed from a which team will own New York this season or something. Just had me laughing and thinking about the rivalries and hate the Yankees and other mainstream brands tend to get. But yeah i understand as well.

Oh wow! I’m not as familiar with that rivalry as some others. But that would be quite the story to return home with lol. Reminds me of the Malace at the Palace brawl back in ‘04 involving the Pistons and Pacers…. Both players and fans were involved in that brawl that reached into the lower bowl seats behind the announce desks and etc. lol.

But i did Kinda like the flames, always was a fan of Jerome Iginla over the years. Awesome player

Yeah same…. Still boil over the lack of action taken against that team and how they all treated it within that organization. Especially the owner and some of the players. AJ Hinch atleast was somewhat decent about it all and earnest in his taking responsibility and working to redeem himself. More class then most involved there from what I recall from interviews and etc.

I don’t know if I’ll ever know for sure. He wasn’t the most honest person I knew growing up but wasn’t an outright liar either. So hard to tell and can’t recall what was found out when my Aunt checked into it or if my memory is merely mixing things up and imagining that convo and she never did say she was looking into it. Seems like he mentioned it enough that some got curious about it and looked though. Would be cool I agree even if it was for the Red Sox of all teams haha.

A big YES on that!!! Some are just cheat codes lol. Been playing NBA 2k22’s WNBA mycareer lately to try it out and have fun, etc, twice in a six game span I had to play the Dallas Wings… Arike Ogunbowale is a cheat code I swear lol. I love her game and she is a joy to watch play both in college when attended Notre dame and now but wow is she impossible to beat as a defender. Just doesn’t miss.

Ramble and sidetracking ending now haha. Might look into revisiting the NHL and FIFA games now that I think about it. Heard they have nhl career mode as well and fifa soccer as well I think….

Agreed

Yeah I bet. Can relate to that with my teams. Experiencing that kind of NY rivalry in person would be pretty awesome. Knicks/Nets, Mets/Yankees, Jets/Giants, Islanders/Rangers…. A lot of history with those teams and close proximity. But it’s all good haha pretty sure I’ve done that myself during this convo a few times along with some sidetracked add ons lol. I think he was, yeah. I remember watching him play and liking his game a lot of potential there that got shortened by injuries. I’ll always remember that 15 year contract though… really rough luck with how it all turned out. Still some great success but if healthy who knows what could have been. I can’t remember who else hosts the show with him, two other guys from different sports I believe only caught it once or twice and one was while he appeared on Boomer & Gio and heard bits of the show from there. The other time was on radio while driving I think.
I know and I feel stupid saying it each year that the officiating was worse than it was in the other years, but it's true man! It just keeps on getting worse and worse! I know it! I mean jeez, just the amount of good clean goals that have been taken away from the Islanders alone has made me rip out my hairs (like seriously, at least 5 or 6 times today the refs have called back good goals for our team, specifically Kyle Palmieri lol, he always seems to get his goals taken away from him). It's infuriating. Do your jobs man! Playoffs are gonna be awful with these awful refs....

Also, I certainly wasn't aware there was an intense rivalry and brawl in the stands with NBA fans lol.

Speaking of the Flames, they are (no pun intended I swear) on FIRE this year. holy moly they've been (again no pun intended, seriously) hot. This is a good year for them. Jacob Markstrom in goal is excellent, he's certainly one of if not the best goalies this year, along with Igor Shesterkin, Thatcher Demko (I think Demmer is great tbh), and Ilya Sorokin (he's the Isles goalie and he's amazing, maybe I'm biased but holy hell the saves that Russian has made this year- WOW).

Lmao that sounds infuriating to play against haha. I don't know too much about the NBA or the WNBA lol.

I love the NHL games, specifically the Be a Pro Mode (aka career mode). It's like literally one of the only two video games I play these days lol. You should totally come back and revisit the NHL series. NHL 22 isn't that bad, it's got its issues, but it's not hot trash like some of the more modern EA NHL games. I remember with NHL 21, I actually made my player based off of my high school physics teacher for some reason lmao 😂. That was loads of fun.

Also dw, I've probably side tracked a ton too in this conversation but it's whatever, just a casual convo about some sports lol. As for Rick DiPietro, man his career was ruined with injuries and such, and the Islanders were GOD AWFUL in the 2000's, it was a big low point. We only started getting good in like 2018 when we brought in Barry Trotz as our coach, Lou Lamoriello as our GM, and when we brought in people like Mathew Barzal and got rid of scum bag John Tavares pajama boy.

In terms of the rivalries in NY, maybe I'm biased but I'd say the most intense is the one between the Rangers and the Islanders. I don't follow the MLB too much, but I've been told from friends who are big baseball fans that the Yankees and Mets aren't really as intense a rivalry. They actually told me the true rivalry is between the New York Yankees and the Boston Red Sox, and for the New York Mets, their rival is the Philadelphia Phillies. I'm not too familiar with the other sports, but I have a couple of Knicks fans friends.

I know and I feel stupid saying it each year that the officiating was worse than it was in the other years, but it's true man! It just keeps on getting worse and worse! I know it! I mean jeez, just the amount of good clean goals that have been taken away from the Islanders alone has made me rip out my hairs (like seriously, at least 5 or 6 times today the refs have called back good goals for our team, specifically Kyle Palmieri lol, he always seems to get his goals taken away from him). It's infuriating. Do your jobs man! Playoffs are gonna be awful with these awful refs....

Also, I certainly wasn't aware there was an intense rivalry and brawl in the stands with NBA fans lol.

Speaking of the Flames, they are (no pun intended I swear) on FIRE this year. holy moly they've been (again no pun intended, seriously) hot. This is a good year for them. Jacob Markstrom in goal is excellent, he's certainly one of if not the best goalies this year, along with Igor Shesterkin, Thatcher Demko (I think Demmer is great tbh), and Ilya Sorokin (he's the Isles goalie and he's amazing, maybe I'm biased but holy hell the saves that Russian has made this year- WOW).

Lmao that sounds infuriating to play against haha. I don't know too much about the NBA or the WNBA lol.

I love the NHL games, specifically the Be a Pro Mode (aka career mode). It's like literally one of the only two video games I play these days lol. You should totally come back and revisit the NHL series. NHL 22 isn't that bad, it's got its issues, but it's not hot trash like some of the more modern EA NHL games. I remember with NHL 21, I actually made my player based off of my high school physics teacher for some reason lmao 😂. That was loads of fun.

Also dw, I've probably side tracked a ton too in this conversation but it's whatever, just a casual convo about some sports lol. As for Rick DiPietro, man his career was ruined with injuries and such, and the Islanders were GOD AWFUL in the 2000's, it was a big low point. We only started getting good in like 2018 when we brought in Barry Trotz as our coach, Lou Lamoriello as our GM, and when we brought in people like Mathew Barzal and got rid of scum bag John Tavares pajama boy.

In terms of the rivalries in NY, maybe I'm biased but I'd say the most intense is the one between the Rangers and the Islanders. I don't follow the MLB too much, but I've been told from friends who are big baseball fans that the Yankees and Mets aren't really as intense a rivalry. They actually told me the true rivalry is between the New York Yankees and the Boston Red Sox, and for the New York Mets, their rival is the Philadelphia Phillies. I'm not too familiar with the other sports, but I have a couple of Knicks fans friends.
Agreed! Refs just calling it right down the middle is all we fans ask for lol. Also, that’s really got to suck for Kyle almost would feel like he’s being targeted.

Yeah that’s one game that still gets talked about from time to time. I can’t think of any since that got that bad although idiots in the stands still remain causing problems. But happens in all aspects of life, so not surprising. Just hasn’t been on a player/fan level like that one referenced that I know of.

That’s awesome to hear! Haven’t seen the Flames yet this season or least not as much. Heard they were getting back on track but the exact level of fire they were on I wasn’t sure. But good to hear always kinda liked them. But oh yeah, I’m aware of Sorokin… Dude has been awesome.

It was haha…. About broke my controller after awhile. I just couldn’t get anything to work. CPU teammates were the main cover on her since I built a center but tried helping with double teams and still nothing. We split those two games but the stat line I had just to pull out one W was ridiculous.

I think I will for sure! The games have been having some good sales lately as well. Or maybe those are over now? Either way I’ll definitely be checking back into the NHL games. Be A Pro? That’s right. I remember that name now. 2K has some issues as well, so I can understand that. Wait…. Wait you made a player based off a past physics teacher? Lol. That’s unexpected but funny.

Yeah I kinda remember those Islanders back then. Only name that I ever recalled without checking rosters from those days were Dipietro. Always rough when your teams stuck with garbage for years running the team with seemingly no end in sight.

Well yeah true, I didn’t mean to sound like they were main rivals or anything. But In state rivals or teams always seemed interesting to me. NY Yankees/Mets seemed friendlier then some but seemed like as a kid they had some moments or just stuck out because of the teams each had back then and catching games on fox rather often. But true nothing close to the Yankees/Red Sox or Mets/Phillies.

Jets/Giants and Nets/Knicks are kinda like the same I’d imagine. The banter though is what always was funny to me with personalities on TV and Radio. Intense wise wasn’t too sure but figured they were not as main focus as the Boston/NY rivals for Knicks and Yankees would be for example. Rangers/Islanders sounds like the only local comp we might have with our U of U vs BYU in state rivalry.

I have 2 favorite sports: Basketball, and Soccer.

Basketball because I just like the idea of having to throw the ball through a small hoop since it's a challenge.

Soccer because I like the physicality and the clashes between two people trying to kick the ball at once, and the stronger one winning while the other kisses the grass.

Volleyball for me!

I think it’s super fun to play and I’ve tried out for my high school team, but got cut because I’m pretty short. And a little less coordinated than most. > w <;

But I still play with friends around warmer weather!

Baseball, my Grandma was a huge fan and so was my dad we went to some games when I was little and I like the action and strategy involved in the sport. Plus now when I watch a game I get to think about the good times spent with family.

I like tennis, personally. The only reason for this is because I know the rules and will put it on the television from time to time to unwind.

Cricket, cuz south asian. If you don't like cricket, you are seen as a heretic. And I actually like cricket. I even play it ( sometimes ) not good at it tho

Users who are viewing this thread

Back