Other If you're into any, what's your favorite sport and why?

Edric Blight

HE SHOOTS! HE SCOOOOORES!
Roleplay Availability
Roleplay Type(s)
Anyone like watching any sports here? If so, what are you into and why? :D

Stock car racing. Not necessarily NASCAR, I live near a NASCAR officiated racetrack so they have weekly stock car races for up and comers and it's really fun to watch I found.

Stock car racing. Not necessarily NASCAR, I live near a NASCAR officiated racetrack so they have weekly stock car races for up and comers and it's really fun to watch I found.
Oooo that's cool. Although you said not necessarily NASCAR, I used to watch and be into NASCAR a couple of years ago for a while lol.

Oooo that's cool. Although you said not necessarily NASCAR, I used to watch and be into NASCAR a couple of years ago for a while lol.
So did my dad, and me to an extent, I'd tune in every now and again but, for most, NACSAR has largely died down. That's why I enjoy the smaller races you don't normally hear about, plus the smaller events are a lot more fun to go to.

So did my dad, and me to an extent, I'd tune in every now and again but, for most, NACSAR has largely died down. That's why I enjoy the smaller races you don't normally hear about, plus the smaller are a lot more fun to go to.
Oh yea, NASCAR has certainly died down. It's just not fun to watch anymore. I was a fan from 2008- around 2021.

Oh yea, NASCAR has certainly died down. It's just not fun to watch anymore. I was a fan from 2008- around 2021.
It's because they enacted a bunch of 'safety' policies that got rid of the fun and excitement. Largely due in part after the death Dale Earnhardt.

It's because they enacted a bunch of 'safety' policies that got rid of the fun and excitement. Largely due in part after the death Dale Earnhardt.
Yea and also now they're trying so hard to make it modern to appeal to "the kids" I guess? It's awful now, plus stage racing has practically ruined the sport for many, including myself.

Yea and also now they're trying so hard to make it modern to appeal to "the kids" I guess? It's awful now, plus stage racing has practically ruined the sport for many, including myself.
Minor League Racing FTW. It's amazing to see literally little kids race in some of these events they have here.
(Seriously some of these kids that race in these events are as young as 8 years old and they race better then some professional racers, it's amazing)

Yea there's some CRAZY skill there in the lower levels of racing that don't get publicized as much.

Hockey, I've been watching the WHL and NHL for years. An avid Montreal Canadiens fan. Love the fast-paced action.
Ah, my favorite sport. I LOVE watching the NHL. Love me some good fast-paced action. Just got done watching the Habs v Jets game tonight. Go Habs go, y'all should have had that cup but Tampa cheated their way up to the finals.

Been going to games since I was a child so it runs in our family. I can't believe it either, the Canadiens were so close and I was glued with the whole pits in my stomach the whole time. Blah! Lol.

Hell yea. That miracle run in 2021 was so impressive! I'm salty (and not even a Habs fan) that it was ripped from you by a bunch of cheating, classless, cap circumventing frauds (Tampa).

First love was always basketball (NBA/WNBA/College) . I grew watching the jazz, college ball of different teams and schools/conferences and hooped when I was younger too. (Been wanting to get back to the court as well)

Bowling. I started as a kid, took time off and came back to it in recent years and bowl quite regular though slowed down to 1 league night a week and no tournaments in a long while due to some rl stuff. But I watch it and bowl.

NFL/College football. Another sport I grew up watching and am still a fan never played tackle football though, personally never had the body type for it.

MLB. Same as others and played as a kid on rec teams growing up.

Soccer or Futbol. I watch it from time to time when I can but mostly non US leagues haven’t really gotten into MLS. Played as a kid on Rec teams as well.

NHL. Grew watching and playing the games though after a incident I witnessed as a young child first hand, never bothered trying the ice but played a little street hockey when I was young.

Plenty of sports I’m into just some more so then others if I were to rank them. But a big a sports fan personally. Probably have played most of the sports video games out there.

That's pretty cool. I have this one friend who's a HUGE Jazz fan in the NBA, lol.

Oh wow that's pretty cool. This buddy of mine has been a fan since either 2019 or 2020 I think? So pretty new to the whole sport in general.

Oh cool. Yeah nothing wrong with that, great team imo and out of bias I’d say a great choice for a favorite team. Lol.

Haha yea, I'm guilty of being biased as a fan of my own team. I don't watch any NBA at all, but I do watch NHL lol.

I honestly forgot how my buddy got into the Jazz, but he's been a fan ever since through all the up and downs. Funny considering we don't live in Utah, but he goes to the games if the Jazz are playing a road game near the arena closest to us.

Haha yea, I'm guilty of being biased as a fan of my own team. I don't watch any NBA at all, but I do watch NHL lol.

I honestly forgot how my buddy got into the Jazz, but he's been a fan ever since through all the up and downs. Funny considering we don't live in Utah, but he goes to the games if the Jazz are playing a road game near the arena closest to us.
Oh yeah? Who’s your team? (NHL) As a kid I seemed to like the ducks but realized it was large based of the animated series and movies for some reason. Been a Wild fan though as well.

That’s awesome haven’t been to a live game since childhood. Work and all this adult stuff I got to do usually keeps me from going to live events. Lol

Just went to my first wwe live event before the pandemic hit. (Wrestling fan as well) But that’s been it for me in recent years and those tickets were free cause of my brother in law at the time and his radio dj friend.

Oh yeah? Who’s your team? (NHL) As a kid I seemed to like the ducks but realized it was large based of the animated series and movies for some reason. Been a Wild fan though as well.

That’s awesome haven’t been to a live game since childhood. Work and all this adult stuff I got to do usually keeps me from going to live events. Lol

Just went to my first wwe live event before the pandemic hit. (Wrestling fan as well) But that’s been it for me in recent years and those tickets were free cause of my brother in law at the time and his radio dj friend.
I'm a big New York Islanders fan man! LGI BABY! But yea the old Mighty Ducks of Anaheim, based off of that old the Mighty Ducks movie lol. I remember that. Minnesota Wild are a solid choice though, they're gonna go far this year, they're on fire.

And yea that makes sense. I don't go to see hockey games (or really anything) in person anymore just because I'm so busy. I did go to one game this year in our new arena though, so that was nice. I've just got too much stuff going on in life and boring adult responsibilities haha. I now just watch every game on my TV or laptop.

Also that sounds cool! I never got too big into wrestling or WWE but I definitely see the appeal. Action-packed matches. That's cool you got a free ticket cuz of those connections tho. 👀

I'm a big New York Islanders fan man! LGI BABY! But yea the old Mighty Ducks of Anaheim, based off of that old the Mighty Ducks movie lol. I remember that. Minnesota Wild are a solid choice though, they're gonna go far this year, they're on fire.

And yea that makes sense. I don't go to see hockey games (or really anything) in person anymore just because I'm so busy. I did go to one game this year in our new arena though, so that was nice. I've just got too much stuff going on in life and boring adult responsibilities haha. I now just watch every game on my TV or laptop.

Also that sounds cool! I never got too big into wrestling or WWE but I definitely see the appeal. Action-packed matches. That's cool you got a free ticket cuz of those connections tho. 👀
Yeah that’s a team (Islanders) that’s been on a bit of a run lately. Haven’t caught as much Hockey lately but saw they had a nice streak going til that blues game. Yeah, I wasn’t quite sure on some of the moves in recent years but looks like we’re getting back on track and having a strong year. Would love to see them make a run for the cup! Lol. Wished we could have kept Staal as a fan but it’s still been awesome.

Oh yeah lol the adult life isn’t what it’s all cracked up be least what the child version of me had thought it would be like. But that’s all kids I’m sure. Pretty sure plenty of memes still exists about that too.

Yeah it was pretty awesome. My brother in law and plus my oldest nephew are all fans and his radio DJ pal had some tickets for the live event due to connections and a giveaway I think…. Can’t remember exactly. But he hooked up my brother in law with about four tickets for us and my sister to go. It was pretty fun and not something that comes around often in UT when it comes to wrestling and the major promotions least that I’m aware of. I can understand not getting into the sport or too big into it though, or sports entertainment however one prefers it called. Definitely action packed and occasionally provides some comedy and good storylines/characters pending The Who, when, why and booking of it all.

Oh boy, don't get me started. This season has been awful and it's been up and down constantly. We got hit hard by COVID, injuries, and not having a home to play in for the first little half of the season, so we were on the road for 13 games in a row. It was BRUTAL. Unfortunately for my mental sanity, I have watched every single Isles game this season haha.

And yes, we were on like a 4 game winning streak until we got destroyed by the Blues, 6-1. It hurt bad haha.

As for the Wild, they've got a solid group there. Plus, they just got one of the most likable guys in the league: Marc-Andre Fleury. Lucky to have that guy man, I love him, how could you not? Such a great personality and an excellent goal tender lol.

And yep, adult life sucks. I miss having that youthful innocence of a kid.

Oh right on man! That sounds amazing! I love the shows they put on and the characters they put on, it's always so interesting haha, I could see why it's so entertaining for many people, and man I bet you can't beat seeing that all in person. The TV can only do it so much glory.

Oh boy, don't get me started. This season has been awful and it's been up and down constantly. We got hit hard by COVID, injuries, and not having a home to play in for the first little half of the season, so we were on the road for 13 games in a row. It was BRUTAL. Unfortunately for my mental sanity, I have watched every single Isles game this season haha.

And yes, we were on like a 4 game winning streak until we got destroyed by the Blues, 6-1. It hurt bad haha.

As for the Wild, they've got a solid group there. Plus, they just got one of the most likable guys in the league: Marc-Andre Fleury. Lucky to have that guy man, I love him, how could you not? Such a great personality and an excellent goal tender lol.

And yep, adult life sucks. I miss having that youthful innocence of a kid.

Oh right on man! That sounds amazing! I love the shows they put on and the characters they put on, it's always so interesting haha, I could see why it's so entertaining for many people, and man I bet you can't beat seeing that all in person. The TV can only do it so much glory.
Yeah that’s definitely a rough season lol. Been in and out with games this season and really got caught up with college basketball both men’s and women’s so was watching a lot of that and not as much hockey. Also don’t always see games pop up on Hulu when I’m checking the guide but might show more now with fewer leagues and college sports being active at the moment. But yeah that would be rough I was going through a similar different causes then your Islanders since they had a lot more going on, but a similar up and down year with my WVU and the miserable games I endured against Kansas. Haha

Ouch…. That’s a rough game. I’ve got a friend from a par job that would’ve been happy since he’s from ST. Louis and a big Blues fan. But tough game there.

Oh yeah definitely a solid team and a great addition with M-A-F. Finally… not playing against that man but now have him on my team. But very true, a very likeable guy with his personality and a great goal tender.

Yeah it was! Live events are definitely a little different from live TV shows, but still really good and much better seeing it live. Like you said TV can only do so much.

Ah I get it. Makes sense. I'm just like a crazy Islanders super fan and hockey is the only sport I watch: so like I'll be watching ALL of the Isles games this season haha, I even put off things just so I could sit down for an hour or two to watch the boys play.

Speaking of college basketball, I actually saw a game in person with some friends who dragged me along cuz they were into college basketball. It was the playoffs or something, I think. UVA vs Louisville I think it was.

Ah good for them though, Blues are a classy organization with pretty class fans. Much respect to them.

And yea that's awesome. I've always like never hated him. I love him, that smile is contagious he's such a great and nice guy. Class act all around that flower.

And yea, that's why it was so fun seeing that Isles game in person (although sadly we lost to one of my least favorite teams in the league :( lol). Was still a fun experience all around.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back