• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fandom If you must go, I wish you love

Max sat at her little desk in her classroom going over the roster for the first day. She'd been teaching at Hawkins High for nearly 10 years now as their photography teacher. She loved her job, it was refreshing to teach new students her passion. She was a little anxious though, he son would be starting high school this year as well. She knew he didn't want her to make it known she was his mom, but her baby boy was growing into a man now and it was hitting her hard. She was a single mother, his father had left before she even knew about the pregnancy. They'd broken up for wanting different pathes in life and she knew it wouldn't have been good had he found out about her pregnancy.

Eddie had spent the morning making sure his uncle was set up for the day and double checking himself over and over until he left to get to the school. A school that had once treated him like shit on his shoe but they’d promised him good work and he had grown up by now. On top of it all he had gone away and made a name for himself on stages all over the world but now he was back home in small town Indiana, ready for the next chapter.

Max sighed heavily hoping that Aaron got there on time for once. It had been rough the past 7 months, they'd lost her brother to a terrible car crash and Aaron hadn't beem the same. Her brother had been the only male figure in his life, they were the best of friends, and loosing him had left a hole in their lives. She stepped out of the room when she heard the bell go and smiled widely seeing the kids start to disburse. She raised an eyebrow seeing a teacher rush through the crowd and to their door quick to try and unlock the door. That must have been the new music teacher. She hadn't been bothered to learn who they were, only that they were a Hawkins High Alumni just like her.

Eddie was scrambling to get the door open, making it inside a few minutes before the kids were coming in, nodding at each one and taking attendance before glancing round the room. “Right. Mr. Munson. But I don’t mind if you all wanna call me mr. Ed… this whole formal thing is weird. I hated it when I was a student here and I don’t like it now. Hands up if you know who I am.” He called glancing around the room and seeing a couple hands go up.

Aaron walked in right before the bell rung giving a heavy sigh. He sat at the back going a bit wide eyed when he finally saw his teacher. He had been a HUGE fan of Eddie Munson since he found his music as a kid. He raised his hand when Mr. Ed had asked if anyone knew who he was. He was a big reason he got into playing the guitar and was definitely in his top three favorites. Though if he was here, that means that the news had been true, Corroded Coffin were really no more. As if he needed more things in his life to make him depressed.

He counted the few hands and nodded. “Great. Not too many at least.” He chuckled. “We got lots of work to do and I don’t wanna get fired on my first day so text books. Page 10.” He told them all, cracking on with the lesson but it seemed that there was one kid who was insisting on disrupting the class. He’d looked over the register to check who it was and nodded to himself. Aaron. He looked a lot like Eddie had when he was in high school. Reminded him a lot of his behaviour as well and he was willing to let it slide all the way until the kid tripped up one of the girls for seemingly no reason. “Right. That’s it. Aaron wends. Principals office. With me. Now.” He told him seriously, standing by the open door and sighed a little, leading the kid down there.

Aaron made off handed remarks most of the class period. He was barely listening to the teacher either, just in a completely foul mood now that he knew his favorite band was done for. He sighed heavily and smirked seeing one of the cheerleaders sitting diagnal towards him "Hey sweetcheeks, why don't you and me get to know eachother better?" He teased and wiggled his eyebrows a bit. He frowned though when Mr.Munson told him to get up and go to the principle's office "What the hell man?!" He scoffed before he got up and made his way out with him "Just trying to flirt with a chick, whats the big deal?" He muttered while they walked

He shook his head some. “I wasted my time too. Ended up doing two extra years here. Don’t do what I did.” He encouraged, dropping him off in the office. “And I don’t take kindly to harassment of other students. Don’t care where they are on the popularity scale.” He told him, talking to admin for a minute before walking away back to class.

Max walked out of her class room at the end of the day giving a heavy sigh. She had been told of Aaron's trip to the office and was thinking about how to talk with him. She sighed heavily and soon bumped into someone not even paying attention. She was engulfed by an all too familiar cologne filling her nostrils. Had he really not changed it after all these years? She looked up, her breath catching her throat as jer eyes met the big brown ones she had fallen in love with in highschool "Eddie?" She questioned quietly

“Oh shit sorry I didn’t…. Holy shit. Max.” He smiled wide. “You’re still here?” He asked her, leaning up against the lockers and watching her. “You haven’t changed a bit.” He told her happily. He had begged her to go with him when he left the town but she refused and they ended up having one last summer together before he’d left the town and never looked back

Max gave a small nod and laughed "Same to you, aside from the hair. I can't believe you actually cut it." She said giving another nod "Yeah...been teaching here for about ten years now. I can't believe you're here, I heard Wayne wasn't in the best health." She told him before looking him up and down. He was still just as handsome as ever.

He nodded and smiled til she mentioned Wayne. “That’s uh,,, that’s why I’m down here. The band is taking a break…. Possibly permanently and Wayne needs someone here with him… speaking of I gotta get going, gotta get him to an appointment. We’ll catch up more later.” He told her and headed out quickly after touching her arm quickly, feeling the same spark he always had.

Aaron was sat outside their front door, leaning up against it while his moms cat circled him, both waiting to be let back in the house. “I forgot my keys.” He told her when she got out the car frowning, getting up. “That new teacher is an asshole.”

Max gave a small nod and smiled a bit "I'm sure he'll be okay." She said quietly feeling a spark go through her as he touched her arm. She said her goodbyes to him before heading home. She pulled up to the house and frowned deeply seeing Aaron outside "Who would that be?" She asked as she unlocked the door and walked inside. She shook her head some when he said Mr. Munson "From what I heared you were harassing a girl in class. It was the first day Aaron! The first day!" She scolded him

He grunted and kicked his shoes off, not bothering to make sure they went in the basket. “It’s his damn fault that Corroded Coffin have broken up. It’s all over the magazines. He quit.” He muttered. “And I don’t need school. I already told you I’m not going to college. I’ll just get a job and never need school.” He muttered storming off upstairs.

Max frowned deeper shaking her head some "Aaron there is probably a good reason he had to leave." She said taking a deep breath "Aaron Edward Wends! Do not talk like that!" She yelled before he stormed off letting tears fall before putting his shoes away. She knew this could be a phase, all teens had it, but it scared her how much he was acting just like his father.

Carmen was knocking on her door shortly after, smiling sheepishly “Hey, I locked myself out the house again.. everything alright? How’d his first day of high school go?” She asked him. She’d lived next door for about ten years now and had her fair share of partners come and go but she’d made friends with max and had always been up for babysitting Aaron when he was a kid. She owned the local salon as well so she always had the latest town gossip ready to tell max.

Max wiped her eyes quickly when she heard a knock at the door. She opened it and smiled happily seeing her close friend "Hey its all good come in." She murmured before closing the door and going through to the kitchen "He got sent to the principle....harassing a girl in class. He says he doesn't care about school, that he doesn't need it. He is so much like his father.." she murmured shaking her head making them both some water "Not to mention the new music teacher is someone I never thought I'd see again."

She nodded and glanced at the stairs. “You gonna tell him?” She asked. “Cause Im guessing you mean Eddie… I heard we had a rock star in town.” She told her, taking the water from her and sat down, letting the cat jump up on her lap.

Max gave a small nod and sighed heavily "He's the one who sent Aaron to the principle." Shr said as she sat down "I don't know. I just don't even know how to begin to tell him." She said putting her head in her hands "He looks really good though, but Aaron now hates him. Corroded Coffin was his favorite band, with Eddie here he knows they're not making music anymore." She explained

She smiled a little. “And you’re not sure how to explain to him that his dad is a rock star? Are you gonna tell Eddie? Max he deserves to know.” She pointed out. “Maybe start there and see how he reacts before talking to Aaron…. Hey there kiddo!” She called as she heard him coming down the stairs. “I got a favor to ask you. Can you climb my fence and get inside? I locked myself out again.” She smiled some at the kid who for all intents and purposes was her nephew.

Max shook her head some "I don't....Eddie was never one for children. He liked being around them, but as an actual father...Hey honey!" She said when she heard him come down. She laughed as he groaned a bit but nodded and ran outside "He's been so closed off since Aaron passed. He was so excited to see him off to highschool." She murmured feeling a few tears fall down her cheeks "Things were simpler with him here."

She sighed and nodded. “Have you given Eddie a chance though?” She asked her. “Like I said, talk to him first and see what he thinks before you speak to Aaron.” She suggested, hearing him call that her door was open now and she got up. “Alright. I’ll leave you guys to it.” She smil

Max sighed heavily shaking her head some "I'll think about it." She murmured before she went off back home. She looked at Aaron as he came back through and gave a small smile "What do you want for dinner tonight?" She asked but frowned when he just ignored her and went straight up to his room.

The first three weeks of school had been rough to say the least. He was already failing two classes and had skipped a few periods just to go fuck off around the back areas of the school. She was growing more concerned every day and it was to the point she had him coming to her class every day after school just so she could make sure he did some kind of homework and made it home. She'd spoken to Eddie here and there throughout the time, but she hadn't been able to have an actual good sit down chat with him.

Eddie was in the staff room at lunch, going over some homework that he’d set the kids, glancing up at max when she walked in. “That troublemaker I told you about… I’ve changed my mind. Kids got talent at writing music.” He told her giving her the same excited smile that Aaron had got from him.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back