• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Fandom I'd like to GM a MY HERO ACADEMIA RP for someone

Pika

⚡ ⚡ ⚡
tumblr_o5g1ftIagx1uzhni3o3_540.gif

I would like to GM a MHA/BNHA RP for someone.

What do I mean by that?

Well I will give someone a selection of 2-3 quirks to pick from. They cannot edit or tweak them. Why won't I let someone pick their own quirk? Well for starters characters in the anime don't pick their own quirk, it's random/genetic as far as I understand. Plus it gives me control as a GM to allow for weaknesses and limits to be established. I can also have breakthroughs happen throughout the story so I surprise the user with their quirk's skills. That should be fun for you no? Aaaand I find people who make their own character usually make it all about their quirk. No thanks, by a GM picking a few quirks (the player will get final say though) it allows me to ensure there is a balance and that someone's OC isn't off the charts mega strong.

So as GM what am I looking for? How does this work?

Well!

Someone will make an OC and they will replace any given canon in 1-A. By the way, 1-A students will be 18 years old and UA will now become a university as opposed to a high school. Now your OC can look however they want (within reason) but they need to have both parents living, no ties to villains, no history of abuse/depression/other pointless emotional baggage, or have some long lost family member turned evil. The OC also can't be "stubborn," "aloof but opens up once they get to know someone," "clumsy," "loyal," "protective" or "easily misunderstood." Those buzzwords are used waaaaaay too much I've found. Sure, you can have your OC loyal to his or her friends but loyal usually goes without saying when you wanna be a hero right? Give me some depth that makes sense for someone wanting to make the world a better place.

As GM I will control all canon characters. You cannot request romance options for certain canons, I am not going to force a canon to fall in love with you OC. That's not how this is gonna work. I will give a few romance options as we go along (I will take into count your personal preference as my partner to keep it heterosexual or a mix) but I am not doing this for fan-service purposes. Romance is awesome and I adore it but I am not GMing to make someone's personal fantasy come true. I want romance to be truly organic and not expected. I want your OC to jive naturally with whoever they may end up with. I am open to MxF, FxF and MxM situations in this particular case as long as it makes sense and I don't have to force interactions. So make your OC someone approachable and we shouldn't have issues haha!

Even though I am going to be directing the story, your character's motivations and goals will be yours to handle. i will guide the story along and give different routes to take. I am not looking for a passive partner though. I want someone who gives input and helps progress things. I do not want to give 6 paragraphs of setting the scene to only get a paragraph back. You have your character, explore their emotions, their reactions, their internal dialogue.

So yeah, that's kinda my goal here, to give someone an awesome story!

If my partner wants to GM for me in turn, that would be pretty fun but by no mean a requirement or anything. I just feel like giving 1x1 GMing a go (I usually GM groups honestly). If anyone is interested in someone helping push their OC and make them into a great hero, let me know!​

Sounds interesting, but I am very curious as to why you won't 'allow' a character to be a child of a single parent, or have some sort of light issues? I mean let's be real here, no one is exactly 100% okay in the head. On top of that, having some form of light anxiety or depression could prove to be another hurdle that they would have to overcome to achieve their goals - in other words, character development. It almost sounds like you want this/my character to have no interpersonal struggles.

Oh man, this almost brings me back to my DnD days! I’m sure you must already have a ton of takers, but I’m absolutely interested!

Currently this is closed, but maybe in the future I'll be able to open it back up! Thanks to all who inquired!

- Pika

Users who are viewing this thread

Back