IC

MrNeko

Little witch
Lillian sits outside in a green field looking over the horizon thinking of the oncoming war. Next to her are a stac kof books so she could practice her spells and to prepare herself. She thought of ways that could of prevented the war but it seemed hopeless now... She thought of all of those that were going to get hurt from the war and not knowing will be the victor of this war. She stood up and looked up at the sky and grabbed one of the books and began to practice a spell she casted a shield over herself to protect from attacks the dispelled the shield. "I wonder where the others currently.." She said to herself. 

Koichi slowly awoke to the beams of sunlight streaming through his window. He sat up and ran a hand through his thick, curly hair. 

Koichi hung over his bed, looking right under it to look at the dog he had been keeping a secret. He was still silently asleep. Koichi usually woke up first, so nothing was out of the ordinary.

Before heading out, Koichi looked out of his window to the large valley separating the two satin kingdoms. 

"...nohrian scum..."

Koichi walked past the fireplace which now helt the soot and ashes of the fire he had lit the night before. Already in his armor, Koichi pulled the door open, and walked out. 

Koichi Rubbed his eyes as he stepped out, getting used to the light. Walking past the rooms of his siblings he made his way to the main hall. 

"SAIIIJI!" 

The boy called for his retainer 

"ARE YOU UP YET? IF YOU AREN'T, MY APPOLOGIES!" 

@Truthblade

Last edited by a moderator:
Amelia sat in the Library, reading a book following the predictable and classic story of a knight rescuing a princess. However, she couldn't keep her mind focused on the story. Every time she turned a page, she flipped back. Her eyes would reread the pages, but her mind would wander and absorb none of the words. When normally this distracted, Amelia would hunt down one of the knights and train with them. However, with the looming war, the knights had their own duties to attend to and did not have time to train the young princess. Sighing, Amelia flipped the pages of her book again, trying to lose herself in the pages.

It was morning once again, and as usual, Saiji was watching his lord, waiting to serve him. He didn’t like hiding in the shadows of his room like he plans on assassinating Koichi, but what if someone else did want to kill him. It would be more effective if they didn’t know he was there. Yes, it was extremely unlikely, but 2% was not 0% last time he checked.

Koichi finally woke up and went out his room, and Saiji followed him, but apparently, he was too quiet because Koichi didn’t notice him, otherwise he wouldn’t be calling for him so loudly.

“You have no need to yell, lord,” Saiji spoke behind him.

@Scrubnoppon

"O-oh! Good morning saiji! Didn't see you there, you startled me." 

Koichi rubbed the back of his neck in embarrassment. 

"I'll try to keep it down... thank you Saiji." 

Koichi began to walk toward the dining room as he gestured to Saiji to follow. 

"Hey Saiji..." 

Koichi looked at Saiji. 

"How do you think the war will go? I honestly hope we wipe out of that Nohrian filth!" 

Koichi Slammed his fist on his open palm in anger. 

"That's why I wanna get stronger! I want to fight those Nohrians if they ever try to hurt you, big brother or big sister!"

@Truthblade

He hasen't seen a Nohrian and he's already mad.

"They are the scum of the earth, indeed, yes," Saiji responded, completely deadpan. "But they may not be like that forever. If they by some miracle change their ways, we should be prepared to change our views of them."

@Scrubnoppon

"Ugh that was an utter failure." Lelia threw her axe onto the ground. "How are we suppose to defeat the Hoshidan army Zeek? With these pitiful skills of mine." 

A soft grumble responded to the girl's remarks. She placed a hand onto the head of the White Wyvern that rested behind her. The princess leaned into the beast's shoulder and sighed. "To be honest I am scared. This is the first war I have ever participated in. Really this is my brother's and sister's first war as well. Here I am a woman who before could of fearlessly push someone aside to get what she wanted, but now I quiver in the thought of actually hurting a soul. How have I become so soft? I don't seem suited for war." As the princess continued babbling on she paced in front of the Wyvern who was getting dizzy watching her walk. With a quick swish of his tail he stopped Lelia in her track to regain her focus. 

"Ezekiel! What do you think you are doing?" She immediately jumped back. "You could have hurt me." 

His golden eyes rolled a bit to her response but he looked at her with much intensity. Her blue eyes stared back until she turned around and sighed, "Fine. I'll try to have more confidence in myself. Goodness it seems as though we've switched roles since we've met. Well enough of this I'm going to go find something to eat." Wanting to get rid of all the confusion in her mind, Lelia made her way to the kitchen. On her way though she spotted her eldest sister Lillian far out into the field. Every single time Lelia sees her she can't help but feel a twinge of envy considering her excellent comprehension skills and vast knowledge, but the envy has calmed ever since Lelia found Ezekiel. 

The young princess walked over to where Lillian sat, "Lillian, I'm on my way to the kitchen for some sweets. Would you like anything?"

@MrNeko

"...I guess..." 

Koichi placed his hand on the dining room door, hesitated for a second, then took his hand off. 

"Saiji, you can eat without me, I'm going to go train... I don't want to be dead weight out there. And gods forbid anyone getting hurt because they tried to help or protect me. I want to be the one to protect here!" 

Koichi smiled at Saiji before taking off 

"Come if you want! I'll eat later!" 

Koichi quickly made his way to the training area. He entered and found a dummy to practice with. 

"Okay... I must remember what I learned... breathe... grip the blade... and!-"

koichi drew his sword, and accidentally let go. His sword missed the dummy he was trying to hit, knocked over a weapons wrack, hit the wall and fell to the floor. 

"Hmm... we can't have that happening in battle, can we? I'll have to work on that..." 

Koichi stared at the weapons scattered on the floor. 

"After I clear this up, of course." 

@Truthblade

Demon in the morning

Ren

Another sleepless night, another dinner skipped and one more day a princess lives, all in a days work  Ren the wary stood stalwart outside of the bed room of a sleeping Miwa Hoshido.  He had stood there all night the night prior due to the fact that he heard a thump come from the outside while reading her a bedtime story.  Ren couldn't take the risk of leaving after that.  What if it was an assassin, or a kitsune wanting to play a prank, or even a bug that would dare to suck the blood of his shining Goddess with it's dirty mouth!  So Ren did as any sane being would and waited outside Miwa's door all night, listening and watching for any potential danger.  As the sun came up and beckoned everyone rise Ren stood a little less tense at Miwa's door.  It was morning, and all nightly danger had been evaded.  Ren opened the door slowly, taking a small peek inside to see Miwa, the little angel, still fast asleep.  Seeing as the nighttime dangers had vanished with the morning sun, Ren took it upon himself to get breakfast ready for his sleeping Goddess.

"Come now.  We both know you have eggs in there, just give me two and we will both be happy."  Ren spoke politely to the chicken before him.  His plan was to grab an egg or two fresh from a chicken to make for Miwa, it was a plan that hinged entirely on this chickens cooperation.  The deaf chicken ignored Ren entirely, seemingly out of animosity towards the man.  It continued on it's way, walking though the chicken coop and forgetting it was stuck in said coop until feeding time.  Ren followed after the chicken and tried to pick it up, although not without a fight.  The chicken began to flap it's wings, bocking madly as it ran away from the man who was just about fed up.  It took a bit of persistence, but in time Ren managed to pick up the chicken.

"Okay!  We both know you have those eggs, and I'm getting them!  So sit still and stop being so difficult!"  Ren, ready to make true of his words, began to move his hand down the chicken, ready to forcefully remove the eggs himself.  His hand didn't get far however, as before he could reach the bottom of the chicken, it bit his hand.  The two looked at each other for a moment, Ren staring hard into the animals beady eyes did not remove his hand from it's beak.  He only continued to gaze as an oppressive malice filled the room.

Knock, knock, knock.

"Mistress Miwa?  Good morning to you!"

Ren entered Miwa's room, bearing the gift of breakfast.  In his hand he held a plate, on the plate were two eggs, and the cooked breast of a chicken.  When Miwa would be ready, Ren would put the plate of warm breakfast onto her lap and take his place beside her, sitting down beside her bed.

"Did you sleep well Mistress?  While it is not probable I am happy to murder any nightmares that inhabit your head.  No task too great if it for you after all."

@LifeNovel

"Now I know how you feel Hime-sama, but you must understand that the purple kimono is truly what fits you." 

The large standing Koi Fish walked up to the short princess with a beautiful purple kimono designed with white flowers. 

"Don't you think it's a little redundant though? For me a princess with PURPLE hair and PURPLE eyes to wear a PURPLE kimono?" She turned towards the talking fish with dull eyes. "But-but Hime--" 

"Enough. Leave me with my tea." Miwa waved her hand to signal the end to their conversation and turned back towards her guest, Ren, who was sitting across from her at the table. "Excuse Mr. Koi. The fish are always trying to change my fashion." 

"Not too worry Miwa-chan," Ren smiled.  The young princess gave a slight squeal when she heard Ren call her with "-chan." Her cheeks also turned red, expressing her feelings toward her retainer. "But Miwa-chan don't you think it's time we think about kids?" 

"Kids?" Miwa stared at Ren with wide, shocked eyes. 

"Yes, like for example how about we adopt this chicken as our first child?" And out of nowhere Ren pulled out a chicken and placed it in front of Miwa. An awkward silence followed afterwards as the dark, beady eyes of the chicken stared into Miwa's soul. The girl shuffled back a bit with a mortified look, "A chicken? As our first child? Nooooo!" 

"Nooo!" 

The sound of her own despair from the dream startled Miwa awake. Sweat outlined the edge of her hair and head, startling palpitations beated in her chest, and a slight gasp escaped her mouth as she shot up in her bed. Her eyes flitted around the room expecting to see the child chicken of hers somewhere but instead a dead chicken on a plate met her eyes. 

Ugh...that could explain why I dreamt of a chicken...I must've smelt it...

An exasperated sigh left her system as Miwa calmed down, but not all the way as she realized that once again Ren saw her vulnerable state of her bedhead. 

"Ren! Ah do not worry I believe you have already murdered all my nightmares." Her eyes quickly glanced down to the food on the plate. But then they moved up towards the figure of her retainer. Remembering her dream a slight blush flared up on the princess' cheeks and quickly turned her head away from Ren. "Thank you Ren. Just place the food right here," Miwa shifted herself into a better position that allowed space on her lap for the eggs and chicken. 

@Rantos

Lillian turned around to see her Young sister lelia she was surprised to see here all the way over here. "Oh I'm yes! I would like some cake preferrably chocolate cake please" she said to her giving her a kind smile. "Study very hard and learn to grasp you weapons they are you power to overwhelm others!" She said to inspire her.  "Lelia How do you think this war may end? Who will be the victor of this war if there is anyone left after the bloodshed.." She said to her in a cold tone but her expression changed to a more serious one she holded her book close to her and tightly.

@LifeNovel

Lelia watched as her elder sister took notice of her presence and granted her a kind smile as she answered her offer. Not thinking that Lillian had anything more important to say Lelia nearly walked away until she heard Lillian's question. It was a rather vague question considering no mortal had any control on the fate of the war. The third princess turned her head slightly back only revealing the profile view of her expression, "In all honesty there is no victor to any war considering the losses." A dark and far away look appeared on the princess' face. "Victory...in this case is probably whichever country receives the least amount of bloodshed. Meaning the other must have many. Could you truly see that as victory?" 

Not wanting to speak any further, Lelia left her sister to consider the question as she walked away. 

Feeling slightly numb from the sudden deep conversation Lelia was glad for the sudden whiff of the sweet aroma of pastries. Always ready for sweets, Lelia poked her head around the kitchen door. "Chef Lawrence? May I have the usual? Oh and Lillian would like a chocolate cake." 

A few minutes later and Lelia happily walked out of the kitchen with a small container containing a single-serve, chocolate cake and a bag full of chocolate covered strawberries. These moments of happiness is what Lelia lived for, and also because she's a princess. The young girl did not realize that she took a slight detour until her eyes spotted the doors to the library. "Mmm I wonder if Amelia is here." 

Without a second thought the third princess entered the library in search of her younger sister. Not even needing a full minute, Lelia spotted the fourth princess right away. Quietly she tiptoed her way over to the studious girl. 

"Psst Amelia. Why don't you come outside and have some chocolate covered strawberries with me? I also have a small chocolate cake with me, but it's mostly for Lillian...although I don't think she would mind sharing." 

@MrNeko

@NemoTheSurvivor

Demon in the morning

Ren

She was so adorable when she woke up screaming.  Really Miwa was adorable no matter what her state was, but there was something about seeing slight terror on her face that was priceless to Ren.  Not the type of terror he would inflict on his enemies, but the harmless that mattered not in the long run.  Ren was happy to hear that he had done well and murdered Miwa's nightmares without breaking a sweat.  Another job flawless taken care of, he thought to himself.  Miwa requested that he put the plate on her lap, and Ren was eager to carry out that request, but one thing had to be taken care of first.  It was slight, hardly visible, but nothing escapes Ren.  He saw red color appear on his ladies cheeks, which could only mean one thing.  Ren placed the plate down on the floor, and climbed onto Miwa's bed without much tact or care, and put his hand on her forehead.  It was warm, just as he feared.

"Worry not!  My Mistress will not succumb to sickness!"  Practically jumping from the bed Ren bounded to the door, once it was open he yelled into the open hall.  "I need three pots of tea!  Now!"  A servant in the hall heard this and did as told, bolting down the hall due to the urgency in Ren's voice.  He turned back to his lady, and in only a few hurried steps was back on her bed, plate in hand.

"Do not stress yourself Mistress.  Please, open wide."  Without asking and without pause Ren began to fork feed his Mistress.

@LifeNovel

Amelia looked up, unsure of when Lelia had approached her. "Chocolate covered strawberries sound lovely," she said, closing her book. "I will not be touching the cake, however." Amelia stood before walking towards the entrance of the library. She put on her spalders  and chest plate. "Adelaide!" Amelia called out. "I'm going out with Lelia! Are you coming?"

@LifeNovel @Pyosimros

@import url('https://fonts.googleapis.com/css?family=Raleway');
@import url('https://fonts.googleapis.com/css?family=Cinzel+Decorative');

.background {
background-color: ghostwhite;
width: 60%;
height: 440px;
padding: 5px;
max-width: 450px;
min-width: 350px;
display: inline-block;
}

.border {
border: 3px solid #ff648d;
padding: 10px;
max-height: 430px;
}

.text {
font-family:'Raleway';
overflow: scroll;
height: 270px;
font-size: 13px;
}

.title {
font-family: 'Cinzel Decorative';
font-size: 38px;
height: 60px;
color: #ff648d;
}

.tags {
font-family:'Raleway';
font-size: 12px;
}

.text::-webkit-scrollbar {
display: none;
}

hr.heading {
border-top: 1px solid black;
max-width: 375px;
}

.CSLink {
font-size: 12px;
font-family: 'Raleway';
}

Adelaide

Tip tap tip tap.

The echo-ing sounds of Adelaide's attempt to politely scurry throughout Castle Krakensburg could be heard throughout all nearby hallways. She huffed quietly, her head examining room to room in a hurry. Most onlookers gave her strange looks, though none of them had bothered to question the young troubadour. The worried expression plastered across Adelaide's face told any observant passerby the same thing: she was missing something.

Adelaide's worry was rooted from her far proximity from Lady Amelia. Due to Adelaide's selfish hunt for lost possessions, Amelia could have been assassinated, kidnapped, or even worse - any of the three potential circumstances could plague Amelia's thoughts forever, assuming she would not be executed due to her inability to do her only job. Her huffs became deeper and more desperate from both a lack of stamina and thoughts of Amelia's demise reaching her head.

I have to hurry!

Adelaide's scamper picked up pace, nearly being able to be considered as a run. In a matter of minutes, she reached the stables. Running past stall after stall, Adelaide abruptly stopped in front of a stall marked with her name. "B-Bad..." Adelaide took deep breaths, regaining her composure, "Bad horse!"

Her shout frightened the innocent-looking mare, with Adelaide forcefully pushing the door to her horse's stall open. Adelaide saw a staff drop from the mare's mouth, with the creature staring Adelaide in the eyes with a face that read, "I didn't do it!"

"Lady Amelia could have died in the period while I was gone!" Adelaide scolded, walking angrily towards her staff and picking it up. Pointing it towards the mare in an accusatory manner, Adelaide continued her complaints.

"She could have been crushed by a bookshelf, or even worse, she could have cut her wrists and neck with the pages of one of her fondest books!" she yelled, with her horse responding with a rather confused neigh due to its inability to understand human languages. Adelaide sighed, spinning around and wiping off the mare's saliva off of her freeze staff.

"I will be taking this, and I will be seeing if Lady Amelia has been an ill fate yet!"

~

"Adelaide! I'm going out with Lelia! Are you coming?"

"Of course!" Adelaide shouted back, scurrying towards the source of the voice. "Oh dear oh dear oh dear..." Pinpointing the source and reaching it in an adequate amount of time, Adelaide could have run into her master if she had stopped two seconds too late. Adelaide wheezed for a couple more seconds, breath being lost from her once again.

"I'm here, my apologies! And it's...It's a pleasure seeing you as well, Lady Lelia," she smiled, bowing for a few seconds.

(Tags because they won't fit in my code - @LifeNovel @NemoTheSurvivor)

MENTIONS - (In post) || LOCATION - Castle Krakensburg

CS Link

(Ambrosia´s POV)

How nostalgic.  A good stroll through the woods in peace and quiet was a habit that was slowly returning to me. I had a lived a full life, didn´t I? Even if it wasn´t over (yet), I didn´t want to deny myself the luxury of admitting it. I had been through famine, betrayal and war. Walking through the forest had been a quest to kill, prey or foe alike. I had hunted and I had killed. I had given...

"Mommy!"

...birth. I sighed, aware of whom that pitched voice belonged to. Not that I needed to, only one would still call me that. Had ever called me that. My lips twisted in a warm smile, and I did my best to keep the tail waggling to a slow minimum. The girl smelled like horse, straw, dust, rust and that particular kind of stone again, implying she had sneaked up to watch the trainees practice sword fighting again. To be perfectly honest, I was almost surprised she hadn´t tried to sneak in to watch my princess train as well, but watching someone who can´t wield a sword practice likely wasn't as fun. I placed my hands over my face, turned around and kneeled in front of the child that just came running in from the woods.

"Hello child. I think you are confusing me with somebody, I am not your mommy." I joked. The girl giggled as usual and took my hands, lightly pulling them aside. I cooperated, moving them away from my face and grinning as my daughter smooched my forehead.

"Don´t play around like that mommy! I can tell who you are by smell, you know?" The girl playfully pouted, receiving yet another grin from me, before my hands took hold of her and turned her around. Instead of an outright hug, though, my fingers started sweeping in random places in her belly like self-aware brooms.

"So you don´t wanna play with mommy, huh? Tickle tickle tickle tickle...Tickle tickle tickle..." The girl inevitably burst into laughter and I laughed along until I stopped the "attack" and placed my arms around her, pulling her closer into a hug. I returned the girl´s smooch to the forehead from earlier and warmly smiled at her once more. The sun already matched that warmth too, glaring like a peeping tom from the closed up tree tops and this strange encounter of the nostalgic and refreshing feeling of sitting on the grass among the woods.

Miwa's eyes were still looking away from Ren until she heard him place the food on the floor rather than her lap. She looked up while simultaneously saying, "What are you doi-" But she never finished for her eyes looked up into the golden orbs of her tamed beast, Ren. Her body completely froze, the only thing in motion was her heart. The princess barely felt the touch of his hand but rather the rising temperature of her embarrassment. This was all too much for her considering his proximity and denseness. She felt weak once he moved away from her. "P-p-please Ren. I don't need medicine," but Miwa's voice was drowned by his concern as he swiftly returned back to her side and smoothly began feeding her. The princess couldn't handle all this sudden closeness and grabbed Ren's hand, pushing it away from her mouth. "Please Ren. I can feed myself." Realizing where her hand was, Miwa quickly moved it away from his. "Just give me a minute and I shall ready myself to finish the rest of my breakfast," Miwa calmly asked. It was amazing how calmly she composed herself despite her heart nearly exploding. 

@Rantos

----------------------------------------------

"Oh good. I felt as though Chef Lawrence made me a bit more strawberries than what I needed," Lelia exclaimed once she heard that Amelia was joining her. The blonde princess turned and gave a small smile to Adelaide, "A pleasure to see that you are doing well, Adelaide. Join us in some sweets." Lelia then turned towards the exit of the library and walked forward. "We're going to join up with Lillian over in the field," Lelia said to Amelia and Adelaide as she exited, expecting the two to follow. 

Being the sweets expert Lelia quickened her pace over to Lillian since she did not want to give her eldest sister a partially melted chocolate cake. "Best hurry. Melted chocolate is unhappy chocolate." 

"Lillian! Lillian! I brought the chocolate cake you wanted. Chef Lawrence even added a little surprise to it, but he wouldn't tell me what it was," Lelia called out as she approached the first princess. "Here," she placed the chocolate cake on Lillian's lap.

@NemoTheSurvivor @Pyosimros @MrNeko

Users who are viewing this thread