IC: Main Camp

[SIZE= 26px]Ryuuko Chikanari[/SIZE]

Ryuuko glanced over at Asumi as she appeared at her side. "That's music?" She murmured, quirking an eyebrow. The sound was obnoxious and droning, only succeeding in giving the white haired Shinigami a headache as it continued on. Though if she actually paid attention to the sound instead of trying to tune it out there was a melody within the chaotic sound. As her comrade questioned the figure standing in front of them, icy eyes returned their focus to the figure.

I don't like them, Ketsuga muttered, they're powerful there's no denying that.

The weapon wasn't wrong, the spiritual pressure coming off the hollow was stifling. It felt like she was standing in front of a Captain level Shinigami. Though the moment he opened his mouth . . . Gods, even the captain of the 11th squadron had more tact than this hollow. Ryuuko's gaze narrowed in her annoyance from the tirade. Sure, she wouldn't deny she had a bit of a foul mouth at times but this was a little ridiculous. Though the little one that clung to the arrancar hadn't avoided avoided her notice. So small and timid, it was like she was looking at an innocent child that had been brought into things.

Don't forget she's still a hollow like him, her weapon reminded. Looks like Takao's caught up, Reilly's even convinced Nagai Tsume into cooperating.

Four against two . . . odds that should have had her feeling even a little more confident in the outcome, but for some reason it didn't. "Is this just some kind of game for you? See how many of your pets we could kill?" It was certainly the vibe she got from his statement. The arrancar's answer wasn't of high importance to her, all she'd hoped to do was give Reilly the time to close the gap. The more they had, the better their chances of survival were.

Even if it was still pitifully slim.

@Orikanyo@Ganryu@Red Thunder@Merkurial

~Asumi Ken~

Asumi couldn't help but smile at Ryuuko's snide comment about the bagpipes. They were annoying, but there was something musical about them....somewhere. She couldn't explain it, she hated them, and she wanted to hear more at the same time. She guessed it was like how some people liked spicy food, it hurt, but some people out there liked it.

Asumi was normally a very reserved, if fidgety person. She constantly apologized, and didn't tend to get angry with anyone else. But this hollow seemed to be able to push all the wrong buttons. (the influence of the pipes, and the being attacked at home didn't help)

"Will you shut up!"

She shook out of annoyance before she realized she'd just yelled at an enemy of unknown power. She promptly backed up a little bit, holding her hands infront of her at the ready. This thing could be stronger than the menos for all she knew. Still, standing here wasn't good. She looked behind to see Takao and Reilly had also joined them. Good, even if she did piss it off, their chances were.... better? It'd probably be better if Daisuke or Natsumi were here instead of her. She then remembered they had their own problems. She hoped they were alright. Chosi had better come out of it alright. 

It was just another reason they needed to hurry up. The longer they waited, the more trouble the patrol team would be in. She didn't know how strong this thing was, but she did know with the others here, their chances significantly higher. Asumi added to what Ryuuko had said.

"I'm sorry, but this is our home! We can't die before we figure out a way back to the soul society. We're sorry if this is our land, but we have a right to live! I can't let you summon any more hollows here!"

Not picking up on Ryuuko's stalling, Asumi rushed forward at the strange hollow. Her hand movements changed from palm to tiger fist as she tried to pierce the bagpipes. She might want to hear more, but that was the thing that she assumed summoned them in the first place. It seemed odd as she moved to strike at it, she wasn't well versed at tiger fist with Hakudo, but it felt natural as she struck at the very large instrument. Even if it was stronger than her, she could take that out and save everyone some hassle.

(*tiger fist, think how Grimmjow impales everything with his fingers outstretched, basically that.)

Cu chulainn

The man crossed his arms, looking smug and confident, his eye(Since the other was.. well.. kinda covered by a mask.) closed as he awaited for, what he expected to be, a punch to his person.. "Oh an what're yea gona do about it eh? Slap me? Get cryin'? Like a wee little baby pup, we'll i ain't gona give yea aneh lee way just cause yer actin cut- ...Eh?" the man's words halted as the world was assaulted by the sounds of cloth ripping... Along with the strange sounds of a long drawn out duck quack mixed with a balloon deflating... Ending with a small pfflb of defeat...

"Didja... Just... hurt me horn?" his eyes now opened and staring at the pitiful flat mass that was his bag pipe. "BLOODY SHIT THATS ME HORN! YEA KNOW HOW LONG IT TOOK ME TO FIND THA DAMNED RIGHT SHITE FOR THAT!?" the man's words echoed around, filled with an equal amounts of rage and sorrow for his lost horn. "IT'D TAKE ME MOONTHS TAH FIND ANOTHER! AND YEA WENT AND BLOODY POPPED IT! THATS IT LITTLE SHITE! YEA MADE ME LIST!" his teeth gritted and sharp, a towering mass of rage looming over the present shinigami.

"I'LL WRECK YER PATHETIC WEE ARSES!"

With sudden movement, he raised a titanic fist and let loose a roar that shook the bones in their feeble bodies, it appears this man now shows the hollow they expected all along. With a rampant fury he lashed forward towards Asumi, a punch that would be certain to crush bone! 

"Mr. Cu!!" A voiced called, stopping the man in his tracks, not a few centimeters from the young woman. "Aye lass? tad busy!" "You said we'd go home!" "i know lass but-" "Mr.Cu!!" her begging brought forth a prevailing silence over the area... and finally a long sigh. 

"Blast it... Yea little shites better find a new hole, because I'll be damned if yea'll be safe in me territory any longer... The moment I get the wee lass at home.. I'll ride yea down and spit yea upon me spear like the worthless piles of shtie yea are!" his foot stomped, raising a large gout of sand from the impact. 

Seems this hound has been reeled in. 

But for how long? 

He knows where their home lays, would they be safe there still? 

He did mention these were but weaklings compared to his true hounds...

"I'll be back yea sniveling little shites." "Language Mr.Cu!" "Er... damn..." he growled once more, before picking up his damaged horn and the little one beside him. 

"If yea have any damned minds in yea heads yea run now, it'll make the hunt a tad bit more fun... Once I tell the king of yea, you'd have no place to scurry to!" And with those words he leapt into the air, the giant hulk of muscle and steely hard skin bounding away at break neck speeds.... 

In a few seconds, the world was silent once again, but is this any better then the songs played before?

[SIZE= 14px]"Will you shut up!"[/SIZE]

Ryuuko's gaze snapped over back to Asumi, her expression easily conveying her current thoughts. Where the hell did that come from?  It was unlike the Shinigami to snap at an enemy like that. Or . . . snap in general really. That said, it was something she had been wishing the Arrancar would do the moment he opened that foul mouth of his. Fortunately, Asumi seemed to calm herself back down before continuing to speak. Unfortunately, she didn't seem to catch on to Ryuuko's attempts at stalling the Arrancar to buy Reilly more time.

So much for that idea, the Shinigami thought as she shifted her stance slightly. Ketsuga's blade glowed a faint red as the weapon prepared to use ketsueki ikari once they had an opening. She could practically feel the spirit sigh in relief as the strange instrument's sound finally came to an end thanks to their comrade's attack. 'Finally . . . '  He muttered.

The arrancar's reaction was to be expected, the rage showing his more Hollow side as he let out a loud roar. One loud enough to leave Ryuuko's ears ringing for a brief moment. "Shit!" She had no way to even try to block an attack like that, especially at such a close range. Though that didn't stop her from closing the distance between them.

"Mr. Cu!"

Crystal blue eyes flickered to the small hollow before Ryuuko took advantage of the brief distraction to snag Asumi and pull her back. "Nearly getting pummeled aside, thanks for popping that thing." She murmured once there was a gap between the shinigami and arrancars, her blade still raised in case he should attack them once again. "I still have a headache from it." Ryuuko could only listen as the two hollows argued. It probably would have been funny if it wasn't for the fact the larger one, Cu, he seemed to be called, was clearly intent on killing them. Not to mention he seemed powerful enough to seriously injure one of them in a single blow.

Though instead of attacking them . . . .

She blinked, watching the massive figure kick up a wall of sand before bounding away. A low sigh escaped her lips as she lowered Ketsuga. "What just happened?" She muttered, rubbing her eyes. There was so much new info to take in and figure out. These beings that looked like shinigami but were clearly hollow, one of which was now on the warpath to wipe them out. Also Hueco Mundo apparently had a king. She shook off the thought for now, they needed to regroup and figure out what their next move would be. No doubt they weren't going to have much time before he showed up again. "Anyone injured?"

@Ganryu@Orikanyo@Red Thunder@Merkurial

Last edited by a moderator:

~Reilly Kusenagi~

I told you so

Reilly was perhaps still 100 yards off when the big Hollow and his companion had leapt away from the Shinigami's friends. Grinding his teeth, Reilly kept up the pace, just in case. On his shoulder, Tsume was beginning to nod off again, his pessimistic prediction having come true. Oh well; the Lost probably weren't going to see any action in the near future anyway. The man arrived just in time to hear Ryuuko's inquiry. Well, he wasn't of course. He'd only just gotten- The pain in his side stabbed his brain like a scalpel. The adrenaline of his excitement, never mind the reiatsu flowing into him from Tsume thanks to his own anticipation, had dulled the pain almost to nothing. But it was most certainly still there. Slowing to a walk, then to a stop, Reilly put his hand to his ribs. 

"I've been better." It didn't look like anyone else had suffered...well, any hits at all. He cursed his lack of training and experience; it was a harsh reminder that he was the greenest among them.

"So what was that all about?" Reilly asked no one in particular. 

@Ganryu @KageYuuki @Orikanyo @Merkurial

Takao Fujisaki

When Asumi assaulted the Hollow's instrument, Takao was not sure whether to curse her needless provocation or praise her forethought in taking out one of his weapons. Whatever the case, it definitely made the thing mad. Takao was readying himself to launch and pepper the Hollow man with spears, but the situation ended up being diffused by the unlikeliest individual. It was none over than the tiny female Hollow that made the larger one heel. It was such a bizarre sight to witness, with the Hollow girl demanding she be taken "home", wherever that was and whatever it actually meant. It was as though they were a real father-daughter pair. Takao still balked at the idea of considering them an actual father and daughter, however. The important fact was that the two of them were leaving, and they would be safe for the time being. But the big one left off with a threat, and it would be foolish to consider it empty. Worse yet, they would doubtlessly bring more to their hideout, whether that would be more of their strange kind, if there were any, or yet another horde of the more familiar Hollows. It was a cold comfort to see them leave.

The others began to take stock of themselves, voicing their concerns aloud. "As much as I would like to sit here and puzzle over the whos, whats, and whys of all this, I believe we have more pressing concerns." He began. "We should regroup with the others and figure out our next move. I don't believe our new friend has any intention of giving us time to catch our breath." Takao had to wonder just how much time they would have. The Hollow man certainly left the area at great speed, so who was to say he wouldn't return just as quickly once he dealt with his charge? Additionally, they had yet to verify the aftermath of their patrol's encounter with the Menos Grande. Worst case scenario, they might have a serious injury on their hands, and that would make it all the harder to act against this new threat. Takao chose to push such thoughts from his mind; right now they needed to act, and act quickly.

~Asumi Ken~

Asumi moved in the moment, feeling her hand pierce the instrument. Pulling her hand out, and facing the arrancar again. She somehow felt like a spell had been broken, and, oh crap, the hell was she doing!? She stared at the fist stopped inches from her face. Her body felt limp from the combination of killing intent, and the pressure she had felt for just a second. She should be dead... again. This time it'd been an enemy that had saved her though. She wasn't quite sure how to deal with that. Concerns for later. She stood near motionless for the next few seconds as they both left. The larger one was extremely angry, though his words slid over Asumi at the moment.

Asumi then realized she'd forgotten to breath, and let out a large exhale as the shinigami gathered, Ryuuko thanking her for popping the instrument.

"Y-yeah, no problem."

Sitting down to take a minute, she listened to everyone else's comments and approaches. Asumi hadn't stopped running since she'd got back to the cave, she hadn't noticed how out of breath she was. Reilly finally made it, and Takao was there fairly quickly as well. Reilly was grabbing his ribs. Asumi shot back up, running to see if he needed a hand, over her shoulder to him.

"How bad is it, Reilly? Do you need a hand?"

Takao on the other hand seemed fine. He was definitely as reliable as ever. As Asumi tried to help Reilly, Takao brought up a terrifying thought, the hollow could be back at any point. He'd only left because of the girl, right? Asumi hadn't been listening (her heart had just about stopped there), but if she wasn't with him... They had to get out of there ASAP. Asumi glanced back, almost sad at the cave. Yeah, it was a horrible hole they'd been hiding in, but it had at least meant safety. Other than the odd hollow, which they had patrols take care of, the area had been the safest they'd been since they'd gotten to Hueco Mundo. They should regroup and....the Menos!

"Crap, do you think they're alright? Can anyone sense their Reiatsu, or the Menos's?"

Hayato had cleared the 4 hallows that had come at him with relative ease, but had been sapped by unmei. He had made it out to be with the others, but then had fallen to his knees in pure exhaustion. He grumbled at the spirit of his zanpakuto, as he sat watching the spectical unfold. That ggod damn noisy instrument...thank god it was gone... his head had been hurting insanely since the music yhad started.

he looked over twords the sands. it felt so empty, and he felt a creeping sensation up and down his spine. "you do know that we have to find a new place to satay now...and with the  group being seperated like this..." Hayato grimaced as the one cut he had sustained stuck to his kimono. "this...its a mess..."

~ARC CLEAR~

The Lost, having finished with their difficult foes, managed to quickly regroup. The injured, Daisuke, Reilly, and Natsumi were quickly patched up by Chosi and Ryuuko. It was decided that they couldn't go back to the cave as long as the Espada were hunting them down and knew about it. Quickly grabbing their things, for the first in months, the groups slept in the sands without any semblance of a home. The next day, it was decided what they would do. With Ryuuko mentioning recent mastery of Tenteikuura, the group decided it would be quicker to split up to discover a new camp while they were in Hueco Mundo.

Chosi and Emi headed north together, where the sands drooped into a low valley.

Reilly, Ryuuko and Daisuke would take the east, into a vast expanse of desert, the changing colors in the distance perhaps promising a change of terrain on the other side.

Asumi and Takao journeyed the west, further into the rocky terrain hoping to find a similiar cave as theirs.

Each of them hoped to be able to find some place they could call home. At the end of a week, Ryuuko was to call them, to see what each had found.

[COLOR= rgb(152, 157, 160)]~[/COLOR]ARC CLEAR[COLOR= rgb(152, 157, 160)]~[/COLOR]

It had been a hard week on The Lost. Each group had discovered more and more about Hueco Mundo beyond it being a simple desert with hollows.. Takao and Asumi had discovered intelligent and peaceful arrancars. Emi and Chosi ran into those who ran the vast world. Ryuuko, Daisuke, and Reilly discovered the darker side of the world, and, of course, lost Reilly as he fled after his wife, asking not to be followed.

Shortly after a week had passed, Ryuuko contacted the group. Using the map acquired from the Arrancar village, the group discovered a new cave to call home while they regrouped, again hoping to figure out what to do about getting back to the Seireiti. 

This is there first night back together as a group. However, something odd is in the air. As with every full moon, the air is filled with shrieks from La Bienvenida Sangriente in the distance, as a swarm of new hollows pour into the world. Every time in the past, the air has been heavy. However, this time in particular, the air is so filled with a dense reiatsu that the air is literally shaking. Two members of the group are more effected by it than others. Still, it is a monthly thing that will likely pass. For now, they gather to swap information on their various adventures, gathered round a small fire in the mouth of their new cave.

Ryuuko sat with her knees pulled close to her chest and Ketsuga leaning against her. Dull blue eyes stared into the crackling flames that the Lost had gathered around. Silence seemed to currently dominate the group, everyone just exhausted from the past events.

The last week had been a complete disaster for Ryuuko and her group. They found another group of surviving Shinigami, only to find they were sacrificing their fellow survivors to a hollow. They barely managed to pull Rhiannon away from the Host, but not before it drained her of reiatsu and overpowered any of Ryuuko's spells. She managed to restore enough of the Kidou Corps member's reiatsu to save her life, only to watch Rhiannon become a hollow thanks to the Host and take off. Ryuuko let Reilly, a shinigami she considered a student and good friend, pursue the now hollowfied Rhiannon alone.

He and Tsume are strong, She kept trying to tell herself, they'll be alright out there.

But she was just kidding herself and she knew it. There was next to no chance a lone shinigami could survive out in the sands, especially on the full moon . . . Why didn't I go after him? We could have tracked him down before he got too far away. Because she was too weak. Trying to chase down her student as he charged into that horde of hollows would have ended with her and Daisuke being killed. She lightly rubbed her thumb along Ketsuga's sheathe. So I'm just a coward then.

Her Zanpakutou remained silent.

Daisuke Daigoro

Daisuke had left the sands a changed man...and not for the better. What they had witnessed back then had been like a scene from a nightmare. Hollows had always been disgusting creatures, but Daisuke hadn't known the depths of their depravity until he had dealt with the host. He had led a life of petty violence long before joining the ranks of the shinigami, and had been shaken to his core when things went too far. But this whole thing had been on a whole other level. But more than just being disturbing, it had been unbelievably tragic. Reilly had rescued his wife at the expense of others, only for her to transform before his very eyes. Daisuke guessed he must have snapped on the spot when he charged off after his transformed wife. He had been too scared to pursue him, but there was no way he had survived running into hostile territory alone. Their brother in arms was dead, and they had stood their and watched him rush to his death. Daisuke's world view was in pieces. How could he call himself a man of honour, if he let one of his fellows get himself killed before his very eyes? He cursed his own weakness again and again.

But beneath his own shame and dismay, the flames of anger gripped Daisuke's heart. There would have been no great tragedy had there been no coward named Mitsa to see it through. Daisuke believed that right now, Mitsa had best be praying heavily that Daisuke didn't survive much longer, because if he did, he would return for him and exact swift retribution and dump his loathsome corpse in the nearest bog.

Even though the weight of everything was heavy upon Daisuke's shoulders, he still had a duty to fulfill. There was still a group of survivors to tend to, and there was still a report to give. With Ryuuko no better off than himself, Daisuke took it upon himself to take point here. Standing at full height, he cleared his throat, preparing to speak. "I'm sure you're all wondering about Reilly's circumstances. I will explain." He sounded flat and almost emotionless, but in turth he was barely holding it together. "Our expedition lead us to find that there were other survivors. Upon meeting them, we learned that they had struck and arrangement with a local hollow, named the host, to sacrifice their own, so that it would leave the rest be. Reilly's wife, Rhiannon, was their latest sacrifice. We set out with others to rescue her, and at the cost of their lives, we did....but Rhiannon...changed. Transformed. She rejoined the host and it's hordes. Reilly chose to go after her. We did not confirm his status, but...he charged into the midst of a horde we lost two good shinigami to. That....that is all." He then sat right down. He felt as though his words did a disservice to Reilly's memory, but he couldn't think of a better way to put it. Besides, he was a soldier, and he needed to give a concise report.

Still, for the first time in a long time, Daisuke felt like blubbing like a newborn baby.

Takao Fujisaki

Today was to be a day of shocks and surprises for Takao. First they found out that Emi and Chosi had somehow escaped their captors with no need for their help. He wasn't sure if this meant the Espada were less of a threat than they first believed, or that they had simply been extraordinarily lucky. Either way, it was a story he wanted to hear. But it was Daisuke's story that would end up flooring him more than anything. Reilly was dead. It was the first casualty they had experienced in a long time. Not only that, but the story surrounding his death sounded downright terrible. Takao could barely believe what he had heard. He could tell it had affected the others as well; Ryuuko hadn't even said a word the whole time, and Daisuke was clearly putting on a brave face. Takao knew all about repressed emotions, and he strongly believed Daisuke was trying his best not to look weak. Their whole experience was a disaster, through and through. It made everything he and Asumi had been through sound like a pleasant picnic by the river.

As Daisuke finished his address, Takao started to feel the awkward atmosphere build up again. It seemed as though nobody was quite sure whether to continue speaking or start talking about Reilly or whatever else would be appropriate at this point in time. Takao decided it was for the best if he started talking next, if only to keep everyone from wallowing in despair. "So, uh....yeah, me and Asumi discovered a village of those, uh....things. You know, the ones like that Mr. Cut guy? They're called Arrancars. Apparently there's regular Arrancars, and then there's the ones in that Espada group. The ones in the village aren't with them or something like that. Anyway, they actually mistook us for being one of their number, which is how we got inside the place and learned some things. We found out they can open a portal from this world to the Soul Society. I think they called it a Gargantuan? Also we got this map of them which helped us find this place, so....yeah." Having finished, Takao started to wonder if he hadn't just made things more awkward, or worse, made himself look like a complete ass. They hadn't had to have dealt with so much misery since they started here, and now he wasn't sure what to do about it. He just hoped someone else would speak up to make things better.

Chosi Hiskawa

"Umm... I... We... Spoke with one of the Arrancars... her name is Reina.." he began softly, looking more like a child being scolded then a shinigami reporting his findings. "First we were captured... She asked a few questions about the soul society and let us go.... She... mentioned the Gargantua to... And... yea.." he made his explanation rather brief, not much really happened to help them really. His silence however was... Palpable when he heard of the death of one of the others, not because he was afraid, not being he was in grief... But... he didn't really feel anything towards it. He shed no tears, whimpered not once, he did nothing but hold firm. "Another pawn falls my lord."

He looked towards the group, rising once more to his feet from his sitting position. "A... Gargantua might be our way out... We only need to get back to the living world... And we can contact our compatri- Our... Our Friends back home. We... should focus on that... We've lost... a great deal... Lost so much... But we cannot give up... We just can't." he little man took a few steps towards the mouth of the cave, looking up at the black sky. their first outing in the world was a... learning experience. They knew better now, and the only way to learn more is to keep on fighting for the chance to leave this place. they only needed to get to the human world, branch off from there and get home. Hell, even if they needed to stay in the human world for awhile, it'd be better then this place. 

"...I only need more power...." he spoke to himself softly, his finger sliding down Kuraken's handle as he spoke. "Aye laddie, power can get us there, but yea gotta temper it good and right. Don't let yer ship steer you." Chosi gave a nod to Kuraken's advice, drawing the blade and taking up a small position away to begin meditation with the sword upon his lap. It had been so long since he has done this, it felt good.

His zanpakuto, his source of power, and an ever present companion. 

He needed to delve deeper within to seize the potential. 

The potential she told him about... 

Reina...

"Whatchyerself there Chosi, that one's best left at port... With that said, is it abit less roomy in here or is it just me?"  "It's just you." "Ah good." 

"What?" 

Emi_Banner1.jpg

Emi was a little quiet, no so much intentionally or at the very least she didn't even realize her own general quiet nature. She felt a bit... strange since being captured and knocked unconcious. It wasn't something she could explain or even reallyh understand. It had left her feeling even more protective, though she wasn't all that aware of it... not really recognizing just how much her own thoughts seemed to drift off in her own mind talking with 'herself'. She was a pretty energetic eprson and one prone to talking to herself naturally though it didn't typically turn into inner dialogs even if they were only brief and at times a little nonsensical. She didn't typically think things over too much, particularly anything related to herself. 

As Chosi finished a heavy weight seemed to fill the room. Even with Chosi speaking up attempting to be hopeful it couldn't help but be minced in her mind with a feeling of despair. It was a chance for them to get back home... but seemingly unlikely. Knowing there was a way back in a way made it more painful, since it was highly unlikely they would ever have the chance to take it to find there way back to soul society. Having survived for so long created almost a sense of normality behind it, even if the death of a companion only helped to remind them just how grim their lives currently were so long as they were stuck in Hueco Mundo. Emi finally stood up smiling brightly as if a spark had suddenly igniting Emi back to life. 

"We got a chance and that's all that matters! We can do this and get our tushies back home! We can't let ourselves be stuck down in the mud, not after so many of our companions and friend's lost their lives. We have to take the opportunity and stay upbeat and really take this chance we got and kick butt! Don't worry, yours truly will make sure every one of you is safe! I'll do my best to make sure ya' all are a-okay, right Chooosssi?" She spoke sticking her hands up in the air, lifting her thumbs up in gesture in a way similiar to how she had seen in the human world... at least the thumbs up part she had seen before in some kind of Manga... granted it was only one thumb up and she had tossed in holding her hand up diagonally in the air. 

She shifted her gaze down glancing over at Chosi noticing he seemed to be focused having moved a little distance away. She blinked, a bit confused as she lowered her hands. Her expression fixated on him, showing a brief glimpse of worry. She slowly moved away from the others, suddenly grabbing Chosi from behind hugging him as he was attempting to meditate. "Are you okay Chosi-kun? I'm worried about you... did something bad happen to you? Don't worry you can tell sweet lil Emi! She can help you out." She spoke her voice upbeat though oddly having a seemingly slight haunting tint behind her voice. Her expression seemed so upbeat and bright, though inside she was worried. She had been unconcious missing much of what happened while she was out. She was worried something might of happened to her good friend, the very though sparking a strange sense of anger that wasn't normal for her. If I ever find out she did something to hurt Chosi... I'll kill her...

[COLOR= rgb(0, 255, 255)]~Asumi Ken~[/COLOR]

Asumi sat quietly by the fire, occasionally adjusting it as need be to keep it warm. After her last attempt at giving a report to the elder of the Arrancar village, she'd decided she was going to leave that to Takao. He could at least get a sentence or two out without making a total mess of it. Well, that, and she really did not feel well at the moment. Every once in a while, she flinched from a pulse in her head. It was just a headache, nothing too uncommon. Considering the stress of being one of The Lost, Asumi really didn't pay too much mind to it. A voice also restlessly whispered to her, but she'd also gotten use to ignoring her. Whatever she was, once they were back in the Seireiti, Asumi could have it looked at. She quietly listened to the others as she occasionally prodded the fire.

The first to go was Daisuke. He answered her unspoken question of where Reilly had been, and Asumi quietly gasped, mouthing Reilly's name. How was it he was dead, and she still alive? The female shinigami who'd lost her zanpakuto, while the likes of Reilly was also so strong. She shook her head, she couldn't think like that. Hope was the only thing they had left, she had to find some. She kept listening to the other reports. She was glad Takao had given their report. He didn't fall over himself speaking. Then there was Chosi and Emi. They seemed to have a rough weak too, though not as bad. In the end only her's and Takao's week had been any measure of the word good.

Poking the fire again, she tried to voice what little hope she had.

"Reilly is strong. Maybe there's a chance he's alive, maybe. W-we met a village full of hollows who were... nice? Maybe his wife will recover, or remember something, anything about him?"

She spoke it, but didn't really feel it. The main thing she felt was guilt that she hadn't been there. She'd been off playing with Arrancars it felt like, while everyone else was in life serious situations. Sighing, she put down the stick she'd been using as a prod.

It was then the entire cave shook. The heavy air caused by the reiatsu of the full moon pulsed , dropping Asumi.

It felt like Asumi blacked out, she couldn't see anything, but she could hear a voice. She was back again, and Asumi had to listen to her.

The king calls! I'm taking this body!

Asumi didn't know what was going on, but she was loosing all senses, and she could feel danger coming, though she didn't know what. She struggled for a minute, she could feel a surge of power coming over her body. Looking around, all she could see was her inner world, though she didn't know that, never having achieved Shikai. Looking up, she saw what looked very much like herself, smiling smugly back. Snapping back for a moment, Asumi managed to grunt to the rest of the lost in the cave.

"Guys, get.... back. Something's -"

Asumi's body fell limply, for a minute, but quickly recovered. Immediately, there was something off about her appearance upon catching herself. The expression itself, a smile so uncharacterstic, it immediately said without words that it wasn't Asumi. Her eyes were pitch black, with yellow irises, and a mask began quickly forming from a white liquid.

Their friend opened their mouth to speak, teeth of the mask already around her mouth. The first word she spoke was a deafening roar that made the whole cave shake even more. There was no second.  The hollow Asumi then palmed forward at Chosi, a red shell of energy forming from her fist, and flying forward toward him.

Chosi Hisakawa. 

Kuraken

Hollow

"Who in hell are you?" "This is of no concern." "Oh damn hell it is! Yea think yea can just come in here and stage a mutiny eh?" "Umm... Kuraken whats going on?" "Not now Chosi lad I'm trying to stop this here mutiny." "A Mutiny?" "I never said i was going to debase you. And also i require being part of your crew to stage such a thing." "Oh yea? Sure, you're here to have a chat and tea then? I'll believe it when Chosi actually learns to grow a spine." "...I... I can hear you Kuraken." "Ah, sorry lad, yea really gotta learn ta speak up fer yerself." "He is right Lord Hisakawa." "Would you two stop!" "Right, back to... whatever you are. ehmn.... GET THE HELL OUT OR I'LL KEELHAUL YEA!" "That is physically, mentally and spiritually impossible to do."  "Guys... Whats going on...?" "Out wit yea!" "I cannot do that." "Why the bloody 'ell not?" "Because I am needed." "The right shite yer not!" "That doesn't even make sense." "Umm... guys.. Something is happening..." "Indeed something is happening my lord, please do me this one favor." "Umm... sure...?" 

"Duck." 

Chosi blinked for a moment before doing as he was asked, lowering his body close to the ground, which was kind of uncomfortable due to the fact he was really no gymnast... he was about to ask why he was doing such a silly thing for this new voice in his head before something big, red, and scary blasted just above his form, slightly burning the clothes on his back. The small man froze in spot, thinking of his life up until now, flashing before his eyes and returning up until this poi9nt, where he listened to a strange new voice in his head. A strange new voice in his head that straight up just saved his life. 

But from what? 

"I suggest you flee Lord Hisakawa." "AYE LAD BOOK IT LIKE THE RABBIT THE GIRLS DRESSED YEA UP AS BACK THEN!" "...Why'd you bring that up?" "I don't know, it just sorta popped into my mind- Forget that MOVE IT!!!" Kuraken shouted within his headcase as the smaller man rushed forwards and unceremoniously leapt behind the nearest rock. "W-w-w-w-what just happened!?!?!" Chosi yelled to the others, his earlier demeanor ran off and hid just as he does now. "Asumi? What? Whats going- Emi!? What- I- WHAT!?" he stuttered his way through his question, before finally looking to Emi with a pleated "Protect me please!" face. 

In truth, most of his faces say that. 

She couldn't help but feel a strange sensation about her as the moon was full outside. It was a feeling she wasn't certain just what it was. Her thoughts grew a bit louder in her head, though strangely it wasn't another voice but her own. It was as if her very thoughts were both her own yet someone else. It was a fusion that she could hardly explain nor really was attempting to do so. She even started to passively listen to it thinking little about it as if it was normal. Such a distraction in her mind was suddenly halted by another voice. The sound of Asumi's weak words reached her ears leaving Emi a bit perplexed. It was around that time that it happened.... the black eyes... the roar. It all escalated quickly leaving the blonde stupefied. She witnessed the twisted Asumi charge forward towards Chosi, Emi's mind snapping out of its daze back to reality.

As Chosi miraculously seemed to dodge the attack, Emi's blade had already been drawn. Her eyes appeared cold, looking up Asumi as if she was always an enemy. Her face appeared all but neutral as she charged froward holding her unreleased Zanpakuto up. Her time as an ally had all but faded from her mind strangely as she swung down in an attempt to strike down Asumi before she might have a chance to recover after having been barely evaded by Chosi. Her blade lashing down towards her neck not seeming in the slightest bit to hesitate to strike to kill despite her being part of their group with Emi not even seeming to even realize her lack of hesitance.

"I won't let you hurt Chosi... I'll kill you... if you do... " She spoke with a harshness to her voice, stumbling upon the last part. It was her tone... yet it seemed quite uncharacteristic for the normally bubbly and light hearted girl. Inside her thoughts were racing around in what was a blurr. Her mind couldn't seem to focus itself, fixating solely on her own desire to keep her dear friend Chosi safe... and to strike down anyone viciously who might try.

Daisuke Daigoro

Daisuke almost keeled over when that pulsing reiatsu shook the cave. It was like it was calling something out, something deep inside him, and it wanted freedom badly. Suddenly, Daisuke found himself far from that cave in Hueco Mundo. It was his inner world. It was usually a calm and ordered place, appearing as a nice, paved road surrounded by perfectly square buildings on every side. But right now, Daisuke could hear an absurdly loud noise. "-yyyyyyyyeeeeEEAAAAH, MOFO! IT'S MY TURN TO PARTY!" Some obnoxious brute came rocketing around a nearby corner. He was carrying a bat, and he started smashing the windows of the buildings nearby. "Imma get out of here and break some kneecaps! Imma take this party bus back to the SS and piss on the CC! Yee boi!" Even though the slang and actions seemed so foreign to him now, Daisuke could recognise this person. It was him. But not quite him. It was some kinda evil him.

"You just sit there and cowah, popo boi, cause imma take charge here now. Peace out!" The other him made some rude gesture at him and then started casually walking away. But Daisuke had finished puzzling over what the hell was going on. He quickly advanced on the man and walloped him over the head with Kiritsu. "Yo, what the shit, dawg!? This is supposed to be my ride now!"

"I don't know who you are or what you think you're doing, but I'm the law here, and you're not going anywhere, dirtbag!." Daisuke told him. He then carried on beating him down with his jitte.

"OW! SHIT! POLICE BRUTALITY! HELP!" The thing kept on shouting like this until Daisuke suddenly found himself back in that cave. Some time had passed since he lost his composure. He could see that at least two of their group had gone wrong. Something had happened, perhaps like what had happened to him, only they hadn't been able to resist. "Rairakku, Ken, snap out of it!" He yelled at them. But his words had no effect. He did not wish to hurt them, but while they were attacking others, he had to do something. Releasing Kiritsu, he raced to grab hold of Asumi and strike at her arms. If he could keep her most lethal weaposn paralyzed, maybe he could stop her doing any harm.

@Ganryu

It was almost like she was dreaming, Ryuuko stood within the world that belonged to her and her zanpakutou's spirit. She'd spent so much time in the dark, stony halls. Yet right now, it all felt so foreign. What was once a bastion from the harsh world of Hueco Mundo had decayed into a shadow of its former self. Though what troubled the shinigami more was no matter where she looked or how loud she called, Ketsuga was nowhere to be found.

"Our king calls," A voice spoke just behind Ryuuko. "Why do you keep ignoring his summons to chase something that won't help you?"

Ryuuko whipped around to face the newcomer, reaching for a blade that wasn't there. "Who are you?"

The woman standing just within arm's reach tilted her head at the question. Had it not been for the eyes and the white shihakushou, she could have passed for the shinigami's twin. "Someone that wants to survive in this world as much as you do. More importantly, someone that can help you survive."

Crystal hues narrowed into a glare, "You didn't answer my question."

The woman sighed, shaking her head as she took a step closer. "Just another part of you. However unlike your weapon, I won't ignore your calls and pleas."

Ryuuko gritted her teeth, "What did you do to Ketsuga?"

[SIZE= 14px]"Nothing, and I'd forget about searching for him for the time being."[/SIZE]

Seizing the woman's kimono, Ryuuko glared at her, "Give me one good reason why."

"Your friends may just kill each other," she said plainly.

[SIZE= 14px]"W-what?"[/SIZE]

"You heard me," the woman leaned closer, "I suggest you wake up before you're the only one left."

Ryuuko's eyes snapped open, staring at the stand off that was currently happening. "What...?" She slowly pushed herself to her feet. "What the hell's going on?"

~Asumi Ken~

Emi's blade would seemingly strike iron, leaving a shallow cut as it connected with the possessed Asumi, a small amount of blood dripping, but otherwise feeling just like iron. A gutteral growl came from the shinigami at the blow, a bit of steam billowing at the mouth. She reached out, attempting to grab the blade with iron hands. The mask had nearly completed itself. With another horrible shriek, the cave shook again. Red formed gathering into her mouth, a cero infront of Emi's face. Despite being a shinigami, Asumi seemed to be fighting entirely like a hollow... if it was even still Asumi in the first place. A cero would form from the screeching and fire at the direction both Emi and Daisuke were at as Daisuke closed the distance. The cave they were in was in danger of collapsing.

"The.... king.... TRIBUTES!"

The voice was truly inhuman at this point, mostly gutteral. She looked hungrily at her companions, before flinching, the eyes fighting before a fierce, ruthless look, and a pleading look. 

-------------

Asumi leaped from pole to pole, looking confused. Where was she at? She'd felt danger, but she couldn't remember anything.... nothing at all. It felt like a daze.

"W-where am I?... Hey, is anyone here?"

In the center of the lake, a large house was raised by several of the poles, and Asumi saw somebody leaning against the pole there. Asumi had to look her up once or twice. Her clothing was white, except for the inner robe, and the eyes. This person's eyes were black as the night. 

"Hey, where am I?"

The person's face seemed to crack as a smile exploded on her face.

"The former queen of the world doesn't know where she's at? That's so sad it almost brings a tear to my eye. Hehehe. Are you sure you're even a shinigami? I don't see any zanpakuto spirits here. It's way too quiet in this pond! Come on, try your hand at being a hollow! I promise.you'll.like.it."

Every word at the end was paused, and tapped her lips at the end as the smile grew even further. It only left Asumi more confused. What was this woman even talking about? Who was she? Queen of this world? 

"What do you mean queen of this wo.... is this my inner world?"

Apparently she'd said something funny, as the woman errupted into fits of laughter.

"Your inner world? Hahahaha. I live here too, you know. Infact," her face went dead serious," no, not its not. Not anymore. I'm currently in charge, your world, your body, your friends. All of them belong to me. Now, go appreciate water somewhere, and leave me to it."

Her inner world being taken over? How? She'd lost her zanpakuto. She still had an inner world after that? For some reason, the thought immediately gave her some sort of relieve. Maybe... maybe she could get her zanpakuto spirit back if this place was still intact. Maybe she could quit being so useless?

Despite that relief, a new feeling of dread came the more and more this woman talked? What did she mean she was taking over? 

"Who-"

Suddenly, Asumi had vivid memory of the reiatsu that had downed her, remembering it, remembering the feeling of danger for her friends. That reiatsu felt very similiar to this woman's. She felt like a hollow, and she said she'd hijacked her body, that was all Asumi needed to know. Thinking it out wasn't going to do any good. She held her hands in palming position.

"I want my body back!"

Emi looked up, feeling the impact as a small trace of blood was all that seemed to slip free. She pressed upon the blade, seeming rather taken back by it... not just by the fact her blade couldn't sink through, but just how ruthless of an attack she had attempted to do on her ally. Such a thought had so quickly dissipated before she thought more of it. She was suddenly caught by surprise as a hand lifted up taking advantage of her hesitance, gripping tight her zanpakuto. She looked up seeing the mask forming just as a loud shriek filled the cave sending shivers through her body at the horrid sound. It was then she saw the head turned facing her as a Cero formed before her masked face. She looked on her expression serious as she suddenly released her blade, jolting back just in time to avoid the cero.

Despite not being hit directly, the wave of energy sent her flying back, rolling on the ground from both her awkward motion rolling back and the energy of the screeching cero. She stopped herself using her arms, skidding a bit on the ground. She shook her head out, a bit scrapped perhaps though mostly unharmed. A heavy breath escaped her lips. Her eyes looked on Asumi, her shaken expression quickly dissipating into a quite stern one. Even as bubbly as Emi could be she knew it was dangerous unleashing such attacks in such a place. Her hand clutched at the ground as if attempting to dig into it. Her eyes darted over in worry looking towards Chosi with concern for his well being, almost desperate to ensure his well-being. 

Chosi Hisakawa.

The small man stared at the creature that was before them, that was Asumi not to long ago! "Bloody hell! What damn well happened to her! Shes gone and walked the plank!" the loud mouthed pirate based zanpakuto exclaimed in the mind of Chosi, who was getting a rather hefty headache from all of the yelling. Not to mention, fear does mess up alot of stuff in there, adrenaline also coursing through his body helped in the matter as well. "What... Whats going on? Asumi!!" he called out to the woman, hoping talking to her will help. "Asumi! Stop! There's no reason to... Oh goodness." the large laser-like beam fired, nearly destroying Emi! 

"Oh god! Oh god!!" he huddled once again behind the stone, wondering why nobody else was DOING ANYTHING!! 

"Because they are pawns Lord Hisakawa, you must take the lead as the king." the calmer voice echoed inside his mind, it's voice was smooth yet a tad posh. "Huh? What do you mean-" "I mean you must take control of the situation. Lead the charge as it were." "But shes.... But Emi nearly got-"

"There is no time to waste. Go. Lead the way for the others, use your power." 

"..I..."

"Now."

"....Kuraken... Let's go." Chosi activated his shikai, wrapping the end of the rope around his arm. "We gotta do this kuraken, or the others might get hurt!" he spoke to his zanpakuto, not to guide it, but to more keep himself focused and less thinking of how he could horribly die. First he needed to restrain Asumi, he could best do this by using Hyapporankan, due to the smaller space this would have an easier to to pin the woman. But he needed her to be in place and away from the others so they don't get hit. 

As such... First order of business... 

twirling a spear for a moment before pointing it towards Asmui, he made the weapon spray a large blot of ink towards the enraged woman, could she still be called such? No, she was Asumi, that must never be questioned. hopefully it will be enough of a blinding effect to sent her back abit, but next he had to set up the trap. 

"Bakudō #62. Hyapporankan." at his words, multitudinous iron poles burst from the air, forming around him and pointing directly to Asumi. With but a movement of his hand they would strike, he only needed the opening... With his other hand he pointing it towards Asumi with two fingers outstretched... he'd rather not have to pull out hado spells in such close quarters... but.. 

Ryuuko looked between Emi and what had become of Asumi. Just what the hell was going on? Why was Asumi acting like... Rhiannon...? So, the woman's voice from before crept into the back of her mind, are you even strong enough to help here? Or are you just going to lead another ally to their doom? "Shut up," the white haired shinigami hissed, pointing her fingers at her hollowfied companion. "Carriage of thunder, bridge of a spinning wheel. With light, divide this into six." Golden light crackled at the end of her finger tips, "Bakudō 61: Rikujōkōrō." If Chosi seemed to be waiting for an opportunity to launch his spell, well then here it was.

But Asumi wasn't the only one to worry about, as Ryuuko's icy hues turned to Emi. "Continuing this fight is only going to bring what shelter we have down on our heads," her gaze was stern as she stalked towards the shinigami. The tip of her finger glowed red as she pointed at the still kneeling Emi, "I'd rather not have to restrain you as well. But if you try to attack, you won't get two steps from here." Should Emi ignore her, she'd find herself caught in Bakudō 9: Geki. Not an incredibly powerful spell, but more than enough to restrain her.

[SIZE= 14px]Why even bother giving her the option?[/SIZE]

[SIZE= 14px]She's not the enemy.[/SIZE]

[SIZE= 14px]Not yet.[/SIZE]

~Asumi Ken~

As the ink spray launched at Asumi's body, she swatted it aside with great force, but as she did, a multitude of rods followed it. She continued to swipe at them, but more and more lodged themselves in her body, slowing her movements a great deal. Then six rods of light gathered around her, before binding her further in place. Unable to move, she merely roared at the group, struggling against the kido. The roar cracked the ceiling above them, the room wasn't apt to take much more abuse. The kido held her in place. Wildly and savagely she tried breaking it, and cracked began to form in the rods of light from both Ryuuko and Chosi.

----------

Inside Asumi's inner world, Asumi panted as her hollow stood over her, unscratched.

"Come on, why are you even trying? You don't even think you can win, you know your power is way to weak."

Asumi rose again against her hollow, leaping at her with palm open. The hollow swatted the strike away, and tried her own tiger palm against Asumi. She barely missed, still drawing blood at the graze. Asumi rolled back, her hollow made no attempt to follow her.

"How do you know what I think!?" 

"Because I am part of you. All your instincts. Do you know how much power you stifle with your silly little guilt? So much. That's why you are feeble, and I'm not."

Asumi rested against a pole on the little house on a pond in her world, still panting. 

"What do you want my body for anyways? What are you doing right now?"

"I want your body because I felt the king of all hollows calling. He wants more of us, I can feel it. I felt it, so I responded, not much more to me than that. As far as what I'm doing, well, what do you think a mindless hollow would do? Might want to hurry up. Your body's so much stronger than you give it credit for. It feels... marvelous. Besides, you knew the answer to that, it's why you're still trying so hard, and failing so hard. Sadly, you just don't have the power to beat me. Why are you trying so hard?"

Asumi clenched her teeth, starting to believe the hollow's assessment about her winning. She was weaker than probably anyone else, and didn't even have a zanpakuto to fight this thing. It was only because of her friends she'd even lasted so long. What was it they believed in her for anyways? Even the hollow was saying she should be stronger. 

Asumi shook her head. She had to win, if she didn't this hollow could seriously hurt her friends. She cringed thinking how Chosi must be reacting. Well, she just had to give it her all. Every single bit of her pow- ...She paused as she realized two things. One. This hollow was waiting on her. It could have finished her off at any time, and yet it hadn't. It had just waiting on her every time. And two....

"Give it up, your power still isn't enough."

"Then I'll use yours!"

Asumi rushed forward at the hollow, acting more on feeling than anything. A red shell of reiatsu formed in her wrist, she didn't even think about it. She palmed. The hollow again slapped the attack away, but the red shell fired out of her palm at the impact, hitting the hollow straight in the chest and stunning her. Asumi just kept pounding away at it, red repeatedly forming on her palms.

"I.want.my.body.BACK!"

Asumi thought for a second she saw a smile on the hollow as she furiously attacked it, but was way too focused on connecting to worry about it.

--------------------------------

Asumi suddenly fell limp against the bonds. For a moment, her head just hung there. Eventually, she looked up, mask was still on. Her eyes were still black and the irises yellow, yet they looked softer. She looked exhausted.

"Guys? Are you alright?" 

The mask shattered, falling to the ground as it disintegrated. 

"Please tell me no one got hurt! Thank goodness you stopped me!" 

She looked at the rods.

"Is this Ryuuko's doing?"

@KageYuuki @Hanarei @Orikanyo @Nada

Users who are viewing this thread