[IC] Catching a Troublemaker

Lady Warlock

Anime RN
<hr /><ul class="mj_accordion"><li>

<div class="mj_accordion_item">

Announcement

</div>

<div class="mj_accordion_content">

Since the characters started walking down the stairs leaving Professor Hiro behind, this mission now has it’s own thread. Yay! Posts will take place here from now until the mission’s completion or failure.

</div>

</li>

</ul><hr /><p>

</p>

<p>

<span style="color:#DDA0DD;"><span style="font-size:26px;"><span style="font-family:'Josefin Sans';">Kassana Silverstream</span></span></span>

</p>

<hr /><p>

</p>

<p>

<span style="font-family:'Arima Madurai';">Virgo’s immediate attempt to warp her words into something that was still not acceptable brought him a glare from the silver haired weapon. It was a rare sight for her to get upset with anyone; usually she blamed herself for such things, but this wasn’t one of those times. She was about to say something that would no doubt have been highly out of character for her, although his partner seemed to manage to get through his thick skull and for that, Kassana was grateful. </span>

</p>

<p>

</p>

<p>

<span style="font-family:'Arima Madurai';">Her gaze finally turned to rest on Jack as he proposed a plan. She nodded softly. Although she knew that she was the highest ranking member on the team, Kassana really didn’t want to be a leader herself so she was content to go along with Jack’s suggestions. He seemed to have a reasonable head on his shoulders and that was something she could respect. </span><span style="font-family:'Arima Madurai';"><span><strong>“Sounds good to me,”</strong></span></span><span style="font-family:'Arima Madurai';"> Kassana agreed with him. From what she could see, no one disagreed. That was a good thing.</span>

</p>

<p>

</p>

<p>

<span style="font-family:'Arima Madurai';">Kassana followed the others down the steps, content to merely be “in the crowd” for now. If she was focused on any one particular person, it would be Dakota - her partner. She still wasn’t sure how the NOT student felt about her and she hoped that their lack of experience working as partners - they’d just met each other - didn’t drag down the team at all. The pale EAT student watched as Dakota got Jack’s phone number and she realized that there was more to the world that she was missing. Kassana herself didn’t have a cell phone. </span><span style="font-family:'Arima Madurai';"><em><span>‘I suppose that’s another thing I should stop reading books to acquire…’</span></em></span><span style="font-family:'Arima Madurai';"> That was a thought for later, though. </span><span style="font-family:'Arima Madurai';"><span><strong>“So, when we split into pairs, I assume we’re going to go with our partners, correct?”</strong></span></span><span style="font-family:'Arima Madurai';"> she inquired as they continued walking. That would make the most sense to her. </span>

</p>

Last edited by a moderator:
Virgo Capri

Virgo blinked and shook his head as he heard a clap, followed by Jack's voice. Turning around, he grinned at Jack's words. Finally! They had a plan! And if they had a plan...that meant the MISSION WAS STARTING! Virgo clapped excitedly, eyes turning into stars. This was gonna be so cool! Information gathering, troublemaker chasing, Naia using, Root beer dri-.

...Wait...Naia using...How does he do that, exactly?

Virgo blinked and realized everyone was moving downstairs, causing him to blankly stare at them as he just stood on the top. Realizing Jack was talking, he quickly ran after them. He was disappointed about his plan of separating, but he knew it was for the best. If they were gonna try and get the Troublemaker to turn a new leaf, they'd have to make him feel comfortable, after all! Virgo immediately took out his phone and smiled brightly. This was great! A way for him to finally communicate with his friends...Well, future friends! Unlocking it with his password
'Justice4ever', he smiled. There weren't much things on his phone other than download music and...well, that was it. He was a wanderer. He didn't have Wi-Fi to try and download games, and he didn't know people long enough on the road to actually befriend them and try to get their number...It's been a long time since he'd ever talk to someone on the phone before...it kinda brought back something...

'...Hello?'

'HIYA! How's work?! Is it fun?!'

'Virgo? How'd you get my work number...in fact, how'd you know what to do?"

'I saw the people on the TV do it! And I did it all by myself! Mommy didn't help at all!'

'...Look at that. My son's learning everyday. Keep this up and you'll be smarter than your old man.'

'Really?! COOL!'

Virgo's hand was shaking as he stared at his reflection in the screen. He held his head and closed his eyes, waiting until the tears welling in his eyes went away. His whole entire body was shaking, yet he opened his eyes and slowly smiled, yet it looked more...strained. Just keep smiling, Virgo. Just keep smiling. He quickly went to his contacts list, empty and barren, and quickly typed in a name. Any name. Quickly typing in the words 'Dakota' , he held out his phone and looked away, trying to hold his composure.

@QuirkyAngel @Deadeyelee @DaughterofAthena @Zenaida

@Cecilia

Naia Mahiʻai

Naia sighed as Virgo agreed with the no-night-search idea finally. Her mood lighted, and she smiled to her partner for the time being. His excitement was beginning to get contagious. She smoved back beside him again and focused on Jack as he began to speak. What he said made the most sense so far. They weren't getting anything done standing here and discussing while the gremlin could be out wrecking havoc. However, her mood drew into one of confusion again as she watched Dakota and Jack exchanging weird devices she'd been told were "cell-phones". Several people had attempted to explain that whole concept to her many times during her time here in Death City, but so far none of them have done a very good job at it. She was still very lost on the technological side of modern life. The most technical know-how she had was working a very basic pager her guardian figure had given her to contact him if needed.

By the time the Indian shook herself out of her stupor, she realized she was the only one still standing at the top of the steps. After a slight wave to the Professor, she started down the steps after everyone else. She ended up just behind Virgo, who was considerably shaking. She didn't understand what was wrong, but it worried her to see the usually happy-go-lucky Virgo like this. Carefully, she laid a hand on the shorter, darker skinned boy's shoulder trying to offer some kind of comfort or help if she could. She continued to wonder what had brought this on all of a sudden. Was it something with that cell phone? Had to be, because he wasn't like this before.

She chose not to ask about it right here, and looked to the others, still watching the cell phone exchanges taking place. Her hand didn't move from Virgo's shoulder as the boy shook, but she managed to suppress the majority of her visible worry so it wasn't quite as obvious anymore.

-||- Location: DWMA Staircase -||- Partner: N/A -||- Classification: NOT Weapon -||- Mentions: @SpicyLickiTung

@DaughterofAthena @Deadeyelee @Zenaida @QuirkyAngel -||-

Jack Trinity

“Yes,” Jack answered Kassana’s question simply. “That’s the plan.”

Not much of a plan in Jack’s mind, but there wasn’t much about the little pest to go on. Not yet at least. Jack took Dakota’s phone, put in his number, and handed it back to her. Then he pulled out his own phone and offered it to her in a similar manner. The process was repeated with Virgo. After all the numbers were exchanged, Jack nodded in satisfaction a finished his descent down the stairs.

Jack figured that Kalin wouldn’t have a phone since he knew his partner was short on cash. However, the other two weapons not having one surprised him a little. Kassana more so than Naia, since he knew the Native American wasn’t very familiar with technology. Jack didn’t know much about the EAT students. Though, he supposed every student at DWMA had their own circumstances and reasons for not owning one. At least every pair had a communication device.

Jack glanced curiously at Naia’s hand on Virgo’s shoulder. The boy’s wide smile seemed a little strained to him, but Jack didn’t speak up about it. Naia had clearly already noticed. And if Naia noticed, there was no need for him to, especially since he was focused on finding the gremlin who stole his die. Violet eyes flickered to the blonde boy meekly trailing behind. Besides, he had his own partner to worry about.

It wasn’t long before they made it to the farmers’ market. There were a lot of people walking around, examining the fresh produce, and purchasing from the vendors. Standing at the entrance of the large pavilion, Jack closed his eyes, trying to feel for the gremlin’s soul. What did a gremlin’s soul even feel like? Jack didn’t know, so he settled on searching for chaotic souls—a soul that leaned towards disorder. The dark haired boy sighed and tipped his hat over his eyes.

No good. There were simply too many people.

“East, North, South, or West.”
Jack said to Kalin. He didn’t have his die, so asking his weapon partner was the next best thing. “Which side of the market should we start with?"

@SpicyLickiTung

@Zenaida

@DaughterofAthena

Kalin

Kalin is somewhere else, far off, in a waking dream. His feet fall lightly and fancifully upon the steps, oblivious to everything around him except for the general location of his miester. Perhaps he's in a state of reflection, recollection, or memory.

'My good blade carves the casques of men,

My tough lance thrusteth sure,

My strength is as the strength of ten,

Because my heart is pure.'

Her voice is warm and soft, like a summer's wind. She was quiet, but still stole the ears and eyes of everyone in the room when she spoke a tale. The room smelt of cinnamon and evergreen, and even the most vile of his 'cousins' were still in silent, enthralled.

'I never felt the kiss of love,

Nor maiden's hand in mine.

Then move the trees, the copses nod,

Wings flutter, voices hover clear

'O just and faithful knight of God!

Ride on! the prize is near.'

Her eyes, her smile, made Kalin warm inside, though he was sitting far from the fire. This poem was for him. It was his, and nobody else's. For everyone else in the room, it was a bunch of pretty words, plucked from a fairy tale. But she knew. He knew. It was much more. It was a quiet battle cry. It was a mantra of hope, a stubborn kind of hope, like the last embers of a fire, holding on to once again ignite an inferno. If you kicked it, tried to blow it out, it only burned brighter, refusing to let go of that dream without the mightiest of struggles. It refused to compromise, or surrender.

Kalin smiles softly, blinking his eyes once or twice, and running an arm over them. That's why it hurt so much to fail. To be so close to grabbing hold of that dream, and simply not be good enough. To let someone die, again. He suddenly joins the land of the living, tuning in to Jack's voice. His eyes widen in the slightest, as he worries he might have missed something, before gazing at the rather hectic pavilion, and feeling his stomach drop. That was a lot of people.

“East, North, South, or West."

“Which side of the market should we start with?"

Kalin didn't really care. They all looked bad. Whichever way the wind blows, he supposes would be fine. Whichever way the wind blows.

Out of his pocket he retrieves a hankerchief, blue, one corner marred with blood. Gently holding the opposite corner, He allows the rest to flutter in the wind. He observes it, for a moment, then reverently places it back in his pocket, once again forcing a smile he doesn't feel for Jack. "South is as good a direction of any. We'll find your Dice, I swear it."

@SpicyLickiTung

@Cecilia

Kassana Silverstream

As everyone started heading down the staircase and started heading towards the market, Kassana walked right alongside Dakota - her meister. Though she didn't know much about the girl, she knew that weapons generally were supposed to stick with their meisters and that was exactly what she did. Watching everyone exchange phone numbers, Kassana turned to her meister. "Are you able to get everyone's contact information? I... well, I d-don't have a phone," Kassana was actually ashamed of herself for having to admit to such a thing and she did so with a sigh. 

Glancing at the others, she noticed Kalin also seemed to merely be sticking close to his meister and that gave her a small relief. Maybe having a phone and sharing contact information was something only meisters did. If that was the case, she knew she would feel a lot better. Attempting to confirm her hypothesis, Kassana glanced towards Naia. She didn't see any phone in the girl's hands which was a positive thing from her standpoint. 

Meanwhile, she noticed that some of the students were starting to decide where they would head. "Where do you think we should go, Dakota? East?" She truly had picked the direction at random because she hadn't heard anyone else mention it yet. However, she just as quickly decided that that was not good enough. 

"Hey everyone!" Kassana called out. "If we're going to split up, we need to decide which direction everyone is going in. There's three pairs and four directions. We could split up and each take one sector. Then when you finish searching your area, we could agree to meet up at the last sector?" She said it as a question because Kassana really wasn't sure if everyone would agree with her. She didn't know this particular group of students very well. However, it seemed logical to her. 

@QuirkyAngel @Hanarei @Cecilia @Zenaida @SpicyMioSenpai @Deadeyelee

Virgo Capri

Virgo stiffened when he felt someone touch his shoulder. Usually, Virgo is all for Physical contact! After all, Physical contact meant friendship! And Hugs! And JUSTICE! And Hugs of Friendship that had JUSTICE somewhere in between! ...But not this kind of Physical contact. This kind of Physical contact was as if Naia was...worrying about him. Virgo's smile faltered as he watched his number being spread and he looked down at the ground, trying to stop his shaking. He didn't like it when people tried to comfort him. Part of being of Pursuer of JUSTICE was showing everyone there was nothing to fear. That there was nothing to be angry over, nothing to cry about, nothing to be nervous of! It was his Job to make sure everyone was safe and happy...but how was he supposed to do that when he didn't feel as safe and happy himself? What kind of Image would that set for the people around him? He appreciated it when people worried about him, but it just felt like...he was failing when they did. And people didn't like...Failures...

"VIRRRGOOOO!"

Little Virgo's eyes widened and he quickly grabbed a broom, little arms trying to maneuver it to hide the shards of what looked to be a broken glass cup, but failing miserably. Eyes wide with fear, he could only stand and watch as his Mother all but stomped in the kitchen, angry bags for eyes focusing more on Virgo than on the mess on the floor. With a sigh that resembled more of a growl, she took a few steps forward, causing Virgo's eyes to go even wider when he saw where her foot would land..."What have you done this ti-AAGH!" His mother cried, causing Virgo to back up and tear up as he saw his mother fell on her rear in pain, holding her ankle and causing the boy to just stare at the shard of broken glass wedged deep into her foot, causing oozing red liquid to slowly seep out and drip on the floor. "GOD. DAMMIT!" His mother cried, now looking at the mess on the floor before looking up at Virgo, who flinched at her more intense glare. "YOU did this?!"

"Uh-Uhm, I didn't mean to!" Cried the high-pitched boy. "I-I just wanted to help you clean and-"

"Let me guess, you messed up, huh?!" His mother barked sarcastically, causing him to look down She groaned. "Jesus! One day, you're gonna have to learn to stop being such a SCREW UP! No one likes FAILURES!" 

Her words pierced through the boy's heart, the tears starting to gather in his eyes as his mother hopped away. Still standing in the kitchen, he could only wince when his mother screamed a series of curses that contained his name in every sentence...she must've pulled it out...

His smile, strained or not, was now completely gone. With clenched fists and a blank face, he could only stare ahead as they made their way toward the market, green eyes having lost the happiness that once bounced around wildly. Stopping when everyone else stopped, he just watched quietly as everyone conversed on which way to go, but he slowly put his gaze to the east direction. He knew a few people more there. "Okay."  He answered to Kassana. No loud exclamation of JUSTICE and peace, no happy chirp. It was just...blank. He turned to Naia. "...I know more people in the East sector. We should go there." He said, looking up at her. If he couldn't find it in him to be happy at the moment, and he couldn't let anyone see him sad, he'd just have to keep a poker face.

@Cecilia @DaughterofAthena @Deadeyelee @QuirkyAngel @Zenaida

Jack E.Trinity

[SIZE=12.5pt]“Thanks,[/SIZE][SIZE=12.5pt] Jack smiled at Kalin[/SIZE][SIZE=12.5pt]’s proclamation and attempt at cheer, forced though it was. He knew his partner took his promises seriously. Perhaps too seriously. Jack also knew how hard Kalin would take it if he failed to live up to the promise. [/SIZE]

[SIZE=12.5pt]Yet another reason to find my die.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=12.5pt]The meister drew his eyes away from Kalin’s handkerchief when Kassana spoke. He really didn[/SIZE][SIZE=12.5pt]’[/SIZE][SIZE=12.5pt]t know much about her. Only that she was fairly quiet and didn[/SIZE][SIZE=12.5pt]’t particularly stand out like the other EAT students. EAT—a class for the advanced, military-oriented students. They had more privileges than the NOT class, which is the only reason Jack would even consider joining. Though the anonymity of the NOT class suited him just as well. [/SIZE]

[SIZE=12.5pt]“Makes sense to me,[/SIZE][SIZE=12.5pt]Jack replied to Kassana[/SIZE][SIZE=12.5pt]’[/SIZE][SIZE=12.5pt]s suggestion. Or was it direction? By all rights, Kassana was the only EAT student present, and therefore should have the most experience with missions. If anyone were the leader of their group, he[/SIZE][SIZE=12.5pt]’[/SIZE][SIZE=12.5pt]d figured it be her. [/SIZE][SIZE=12.5pt]“Kalin and I are going to the southern sector.”[/SIZE]

[SIZE=12.5pt]As per the direction of the wind. [/SIZE]

[SIZE=12.5pt]Jack’s eyes glinted in amusement. It was times like these that Jack was grateful to have a partner. Jack was curious about the bloodied handkerchief Kalin always seemed to carry around with him. He knew it was important to Kalin. He also knew it had something to do with the locked door in Kalin[/SIZE][SIZE=12.5pt]’s soul space. For that reason alone, Jack decided not to pry. [/SIZE]

[SIZE=12.5pt]With their own sector decided, the dark haired meister looked between Kassana and Virgo. Both had suggested going east. Jack coughed, his fist covering his mouth before folding across his chest. [/SIZE]

[SIZE=12.5pt]“Might I suggest a game of Ro-sham-bo to decide?[/SIZE][SIZE=12.5pt]Jack said, not very serious with his suggestion. Until the group decided on a final sector to meet up at, leaving with Kalin to begin the search wasn[/SIZE][SIZE=12.5pt]’[/SIZE][SIZE=12.5pt]t a good idea. Then again, they lived in the modern world where texting was an option…[/SIZE]

[SIZE=12.5pt]Jack shook his head. He was letting his impatience get the better of him. Sighing, the meister glanced at the sky. He needed to re-orient himself. Breakfast might help. Walking to a nearby fruit stall, one close enough to the group so he could still hear them, Jack eyed the wide selection of fruits warily. [/SIZE]

[SIZE=12.5pt]God. [/SIZE]

[SIZE=12.5pt] Was making decisions always so hard without his die? [/SIZE]

@Cecilia, @DaughterofAthena, @Deadeyelee, @SpicyWatterson-Kun, @Zenaida

[SIZE=18.666666666666664px]⤿ Dakota Eimear ⤾[/SIZE]

Dakota smiled faintly to Kassana after her question about the cell numbers. "Yeah. I-it's okay, to not have a c-cell phone. I didn't f-for a l-long time."  She commented to the EAT student, then turned away for a few moments to watch Kalin and Jack decide and where to go. That definitely was not how they normally made decisions, but it must have worked...

Her focus returned to Kassana as her partner suggested they head east. Her eyes flicked in that direction for only a mere moment, but it was plenty enough. The eastern section was not a good direction to her, due to happenings she rather not recall if she could avoid it. She planned to respond to Kassana, when the other girl called out for everyone's attention. So she waited with words just at the end of her tongue for her announcement to finish. “I…” She started, trailing off to listen to Virgo's response, and wonder why his earlier enthusiasm had suddenly just disappeared. To her relief, the darker skinned boy seem to want to take the east sector, which left Kassana and her with either the western or northern sector, since Jack and Kalin had called south.

“T-that sounds good… Why d-don’t we go west? Virgo and Naia can go e-east… Then we can a-all meet in the north sector… ” She spoke mostly to Kassana, but tried to make sure the others could hear as well. She drifted ever so slightly closer to Kassana as well, before standing still and letting her eyes wander a little. The market was usually quite a peaceful place, or at least what she remembered of it. It has been years since she was last here, so things might have changed, especially with the gremlin running around causing havoc.

@DaughterofAthena @QuirkyAngel @Deadeyelee @SpicyWatterson-Kun @Cecilia

Naia Mahiʻai

Naia removed her hand from Virgo's shoulder soon after she felt the boy go stiff. It seemed she'd only managed to worsen things, which was the complete opposite of what she had been trying to do. She watched Virgo, only growing increasingly worried about her meistereven though she'd only known him for a day or two now. Her typical carefree attitude was all but morphed into one of thought and worry, and the fact that she still had no clue what was going on with him only made this worse. However, she did manage to tear her focus away from Virgo for a few moments as Kassana spoke up. 

Right. The mission... there is still an imp to catch and standing here for so long is not helping to do that. Figuring out what is wrong with Virgo will have to wait for now. She'd spaced, completely blanked out on what was being said, and was just staring in Kassana's general direction. It took a good minute or two for her to reunite with the world. By this time, Kassana had finished speaking, and Virgo seemed to have said something to her was well, judging by the fact that he was turned and looking up at her. Due to her blanking for a moment, she missed what he'd said, and therefore did not notice his change in attitude through his voice, but that did not mean she couldn't tell something was off with her meister. 

"Alright. That's fine with me."  She took a wild stab in the dark, and assumed he'd suggested something or another. Her words were accompanied with a shrug as well, showing she really didn't care which way they went. Hopefully she was right with her assumption...

Jack and Dakota proved she must have been when they spoke about directions. Jack was more definitive and absolute about where he and Kalin were headed, which was perfectly fine with her. Dakota, on the other hand, was as nervous looking as ever. However, she was the one who helped Naia decide that she had indeed responded in a reasonable manner to Virgo, when she said that they were going to go to the east. Okay. That works. "So... That's settled then?" She questioned lightly to the others.

@DaughterofAthena @QuirkyAngel @Deadeyelee @SpicyWatterson-Kun @Zenaida 

Kalin 'Galahad' Mickleson 

Kalin reads negative emotions like a book. He had to. It had been essential to his survival, his well being. Knowing the difference between mild annoyance and silent blood rage was a matter of waking up the next day or a week after, explaining to a doctor how he fell down four flights of stairs, and into a large rose bush. So while he didn't understand the light behind Jack's eyes, he recognized his own self in Virgo's fall. It made him sick. Horrendously sick. He couldn't abide by this. Not even with someone as ...problematic as Virgo. "H-Hey Virgo! I bet Jack and I will find it and bring it to justice first!" It might be a weak attempt, but he had to try. A bit of friendly competition was supposed to get people's mind off of....well....maybe it wouldn't work. Kalin knows sometimes you just need to be taken seriously. He shook his own head and kept up the smile. He'd fake it till he made it, so others didn't have to.

He turned his attention back to his meister, who was looking towards a fruit stand. Food. Food was important. How could he have forgotten to eat again?! Jack must think he's anemic or something. He pats his pocket. He has just a bit of cash in his pocket though, and that makes him reluctant to spend any of it. If he was going to buy anything, it would have to be...worth it. He nervously scans the stand. He passes up the the ripe and sunshine yellow bananas,  the vibrant orange, the crisp apple, or the exotic pineapple. His eyes instead rest on the humble plum. There's a bit of light in the small blonde boy's eyes as he cautiously approaches the crate, but he suddenly freezes, looking nervously at the sales person and pales. He has to...haggle...right? He doesn't want to be confrontational with this man. He's just trying to make a living and he loved plums, b-but he can't afford to over spend. He makes a slight squeak of distress as he plucks up the perfect plum, and shakily retrieves his wallet from his pocket, fumbling it at first.

@QuirkyAngel @SpicyWatterson-Kun @Cecilia @Zenaida @DaughterofAthena

Kassana Silverstream

[SIZE=14.6667px]The silver haired weapon girl turned to look at Virgo who was the first to speak. She half expected more inexplicable enthusiasm on his part and she wouldn’t have been surprised if he tried adding more onto her fairly simplistic proposition, but neither expectation was actually fulfilled. Kassana was left to merely nod when he proposed that him and Naia would head to the East Sector. There wasn’t anything wrong with his answer… technically. However, she couldn’t help but feel something was wrong in general. Kassana had no idea how to go about finding out, though, and the prospect felt daunting. [/SIZE]

[SIZE=14.6667px]A smile decorated her expression when Jack suggested she and Virgo play a game to see who would go east and her gaze trickled to Virgo to see if he had taken notice of the suggestion. She had no idea what ‘Ro-sham-bo’ was, but the word game had cued her in to that fact. [/SIZE]

[SIZE=14.6667px]It turned out that there was no need for a game. Kassana had no reason not to go west with her partner and she wasn’t about to object. [/SIZE][SIZE=14.666666666666666px]“Sounds good,”[/SIZE][SIZE=14.6667px] [/SIZE][SIZE=14.6667px]she agreed. The library where she’d spent most of her time before finding the academy happened to be in the west sector and she figured maybe one or two of the workers would be outside and might know a thing or two. Plus, she knew it would do her good to see them again. Glancing towards Naia and Virgo, Kassana told them, [/SIZE][SIZE=14.666666666666666px]“You guys can go east. We’ll go west.” [/SIZE]

[SIZE=14.6667px]As she was about to start heading west, her head turned back as she heard Kalin shout out. [/SIZE][SIZE=14.666666666666666px]‘Hmm…’[/SIZE][SIZE=14.666666666666666px] [/SIZE][SIZE=14.6667px]she contemplated. It seemed like everyone was putting in some effort to try to cheer Virgo up and she wished she knew how to contribute. However, logically and after thinking about it, she decided that what she knew about him so far was that the prospect of getting to act upon justice seemed to excite him the most. Therefore, getting the mission actually started seemed like the best way to proceed. For that reason, she just kept walking. [/SIZE]

[SIZE=14.666666666666666px]“I know the area around the library pretty well. We could start there and ask a few people if they’ve seen anything?”[/SIZE][SIZE=14.666666666666666px] [/SIZE][SIZE=14.6667px]she proposed the idea to Dakota as a question, meaning she was open to suggestions.[/SIZE]

@QuirkyAngel @Deadeyelee @SpicyWatterson-Kun @Cecila @Zenaida @Hanarei

[SIZE=18.6667px]⤿ Dakota Eimear ⤾[/SIZE]

Dakota nodded to Naia in response to her question, her eyes lingering on the suddenly down Virgo until Kalin called out to him, apparently trying to cheer him up again. She personally didn't feel up to trying to cheer the african american boy up, and simply hoped Kalin's attempt would help a little. After a slight wave to the others, she headed west with Kassana.

She nodded as she walked beside Kassana. "That sounds like a g-good idea." She replied, with a faint smile and considerably less of a stutter. Her mind, though worried a tad about Virgo, had completely refocused on catching the gremlin. That was the top priority for the moment. Even if the workers didn't have information on the gremlin, maybe there was a book or two in there that could provide some insight to his capabilities. She knew from reading books that knowing a bit about your enemy, or target, could sometimes be helpful.

While they traveled, she tried to come up with something to discuss to no avail. Idle chit-chat and conversation really wasn't her strong point. So, she settled for silence, keeping her eyes open for signs of the troublemaker.

@DaughterofAthena @QuirkyAngel @Deadeyelee @SpicyWatterson-Kun @Cecilia

Virgo Capri

Virgo turned to Jack and tilted his head. "Ro...Shambo?" Virgo asked more than repeated. Virgo didn't exactly know what that particular game was, and he didn't exactly know what to decide for? ...Did he miss something? Virgo looked around, wondering what had happened when he spaced out, but all he got was a response from Dakota that they'd go to the west sector and Naia's ask for confirmation. He frowned and rubbed his head, sighing. Great...he couldn't even listen right. But before his mood could be lowered, Ghallad had suddenly spoken. Virgo blinked and looked up, eyes shining a bit brighter at his favorite word. A race? No...Not just any race...A race of Justice? He didn't think Ghallad even liked racing! Still...Virgo had to do it! If there was one thing he couldn't screw up, it was the opportunity to make people happy! And how could he say no when Ghallad already had that sweet smile on his face? "I'I'm su-Sure you will, Ghallad!" Virgo replied, a small smile crossing his lips as he clenched his fist. "But I'll try my best to catch it in the name of JUSTICE too! First or not! ...hopefully.He muttered the last part, smile faltering a bit, yet he shook his head and tried to keep it up! You could do this, Virgo! Don't do it for you...do it for the team! Watching Dakota and Kassana leave, Virgo nodded and turned to look up at Naia, still keeping up his smile. "Well...Le-Let's not Dilly-Dally!" He quickly exclaimed as he turned, his object of motivation helping him bring back his cheerful voice and small smile. "JUSTICE!" He points. "AWAITS!" And with a wave to Jack and Ghallad, he ran, cape flapping in the wind...only to stop as he realized he forgot Naia. Blinking, he turned to Naia and gave her a sheepish smile before moving at a more slower pace. He was so used to doing things alone, it...felt a bit weird to finally start doing something with a friend. If she was his partner, he'd have to do everything he could to make her comfortable so that maybe they could do this again!

Walking through the east Market, eyes quickly scanning everything just for one simple clue, he decided to start a conversation! Conversations were the first step in order to make people feel comfortable! But...what to talk about? They already talked about flowers, and he felt as if they talked about the mission too much...but there was one thing he wanted to ask. Turning so he was walking backwards, he gave Naia a curious stare and tilted his head. Cupping his chin, his eyes roamed all over her and he scratched his head, raising an eyebrow. "Uhm...Naia?" He started, pushing his two fingers together while trying not to trip on his cape. "...How exactly would this 'Weapon' thingy work?" He'd had finally asked. "I never tried something like that before...and I don't want to do anything wrong and hurt you by accident!" Hurting someone was NOT a good thing to do in the Path of JUSTICE! He shivered at the very thought...and tripped when he was thinking. Quickly getting up, he went back to walking backwards, curious of her response.

@Zenaida @DaughterofAthena @Cecilia @Deadeyelee @QuirkyAngel

Naia Mahiʻai

Naia glanced to Kalin, glad at least he'd managed to a least get Virgo out of the dumps. That was something she had a feeling she would've been very unsuccessful at. Honestly, though it didn't last long, she could definitely say she preferred the obnoxious and loud Virgo to the one they'd just experienced. Though his current attitude still wasn't what it had been originally, it was an improvement to say the least. She was still worried, that wasn't going to change so easily, but she made a point of keeping that to herself after the first time she'd tried to help. A smile planted itself onto her face as she listened to him speak, before Dakota and Kassana left to start. As he took off, she sighed a little to herself, and waved good luck to the remaining pair of Kalin and Jack before following after her meister. His sheepish smile was met with a kind one from her and a shrug as she caught up.

As they made their way into the East section of the market, she couldn't help but wonder and stare at basically every other stall they passed. This was the first time she'd been to any place as busy as a 'Market' in her life, so it was only natural on her account. However, that distraction didn't last as she returned to the task at hand and looking for clues. She focused on Virgo, who was walking backwards in front of her, and the question he asked of her. That was a good question, actually. How did it work? She remembered it being explained to her multiple times and the one time she'd actually transformed here in Death Cityat the chaotic concert not even a week ago with Luxe. She had a vague understanding of the process, but that didn't mean she knew how to put it into words and explain it to Virgo. Still she didn't want to disappoint him by not trying to answer, so it was worth a try.

"It's not really something I completely understand either... As far as I know, I transform into a weapon... and then we need to match wavelengths or whatever somehow..."  She attempted to explain, but ended up fading out as she realized she wan't doing a very good job of it. "Maybe it would just be easier if you asked a professor to explain... I think it should be fairly easy to figure out ourselves too... if the need comes up today." She summed herself up, and it was her turn to give  sheepish smile. "Sorry if that doesn't help..." She commented as an afterthought. She really wasn't cut out for teaching or explaining anything it seemed. Maybe it was just because she herself still didn't fully understand. Who knows. While she still listened for a response from Virgo, she found herself drifting back to looking for clues in the meantime.

@QuirkyAngel @Deadeyelee @SpicyWatterson-Kun @Zenaida @DaughterofAthena

[SIZE=13.333333333333332px] [/SIZE]Virgo Capri

[SIZE=13.333333333333332px]Virgo blinked. Wave...Length? ...What was that?! Was that how big a wave in the ocean was? But there weren't any Oceans around Death city! In fact, Virgo's been outside Death City multiple times! It's pure desert! He should know, he's been lost there at least two times now. Virgo pouted. Well...he supposed figuring stuff out himself was more fun than hearing explanations. Virgo shrugged. Well, he had other questions anyhow! Like what kinda Weapon Naia was! Was she a big flaming sword? Or a cool gun that shoots flaming bullets? Or a yo-yo...ON FIRE?! Virgo slowly grinned at the thought of this, his excitement coming back to him. Other questions popped into his head as well. What were the NOT classes like? Was Ghallad always so cool? Was Lord death super tall? Virgo was just walking backwards silently now, eyes now stars at the possibility of the answers he might hear...Of course, he didn't exactly ask them out loud, for he was in his own little world of JUSTICE now. In fact, he was so into it, he wasn't paying attention to where he was going, causing his back to hit a stall just behind him. [/SIZE]

[SIZE=13.333333333333332px]"HEY!"[/SIZE]

[SIZE=13.333333333333332px]He jumped and turned to the source of the voice, only to jump when she noticed the stall was shaking from his impact into it. He stared with wide eyes as it shook a little bit more...and then stopped. He sighed in relief, That was way too close! He looked at the Stall owner. [/SIZE][SIZE=13.333333333333332px]"...Huh?" [/SIZE][SIZE=13.333333333333332px]Virgo went as he tilted his head. In front of him was a little boy with short, yet spiky red hair. Light freckles seemed to have dominated every part of his face, and a tiny band-aid was across his nose. The two blinked at each other, giving each other blank looks....until the boy jumped on the stall.[/SIZE]

[SIZE= 13.3333px]"VIRGO!"[/SIZE]

[SIZE=13.333333333333332px]The boy jumped at the short Vigilante, causing him to yelp as he was soon on the ground. Virgo blinked and gave the boy on top of him another look-over before gasping with a smile.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=13.333333333333332px]"Oh! Hello, Tim!" [/SIZE][SIZE=13.333333333333332px]Virgo greeted happily. Now he could remember! Virgo didn't see the boy known at Tim a lot, but when he did, boy, did they have fun together! Tim's smile grew at this greeting and he jumped off of Virgo, who got up and dusted himself off, making sure to take off his cape and shake any dust from it as well before putting it back on and looking back at Tim, who was bouncing in excitement. There were always small jokes that came from those who'd had seen the two together that said the two were practically the same, but Virgo didn't really understand. He didn't judge others based on Appearance, but Tim didn't really share the same appearance as Virgo himself. They weren't even related, despite the face Virgo would LOVE that![/SIZE]

[SIZE=13.333333333333332px]"I'm super glad you're here!" Tim jumped, looking up, which was a rare moment for the Caped-Wonder, at him with big hopeful eyes. "I was just gonna ask mommy if I can go to the Park today! But I know if you ask, then she'll say ye-" Tim stopped and slowly looked at Naia. He blinked and looked back at Virgo. He slowly walked up to Virgo, confused. "Pssst! Virgo!" Tim whispered a little too loud, giving Naia a weird look. "Why are you hanging out with a girl? Aren't you afraid of the..." Tim gulped and looked around. "...Cooties?" Virgo blinked. Cooties?[/SIZE]

[SIZE= 13.3333px]“Wait, they didn't come out with a cure?”[/SIZE][SIZE=13.333333333333332px] Virgo said, honestly confused. He shrugged. [/SIZE][SIZE= 13.3333px]“Well, it wouldn’t really matter anyway! After all, Capris are impervious to Cooties!”[/SIZE][SIZE=13.333333333333332px] Virgo said proudly, fists on hips. At least, that’s what his father told him. Tim’s eyes widened and his jaw went agape.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=13.333333333333332px]“Woah! Really?!” Tim asked, causing Virgo to nod. “Wow!” Tim spent a few moments looking at Virgo with awe before shaking his head. “So, can you ask my mom if you can come with me to the park? She won’t let me go unless you come!”[/SIZE]

[SIZE=13.333333333333332px]Virgo gasped. Virgo would LOVE to go to the park! He wanted to climb the jungle gym, swing the swings, slide down the slides, swing from the monkey bar-WAIT! Virgo shook his head and patted Tim’s head with an apologetic smile, causing the boy to give him a confused look.[/SIZE]

[SIZE= 13.3333px]“I’m reaaaly sorry, Tim! But I can’t right now!”[/SIZE][SIZE=13.333333333333332px] He grinned and gestured his head at Naia. [/SIZE][SIZE= 13.3333px]“Me and my friend are on a Mission!”[/SIZE][SIZE=13.333333333333332px] Tim’s previously heartbroken expression twisted into another famous awe-stricken look. [/SIZE]

[SIZE=13.333333333333332px]“WOAH! Really?!” Tim asked again. “Like a superhero?! What are you guys gonna do?! Fix wagons?”[/SIZE]

[SIZE=13.333333333333332px]Virgo blinked at the odd suggestion.[/SIZE][SIZE= 13.3333px] “No.”[/SIZE]

[SIZE= 13.3333px]“Help my Mom pick tomatoes for the stand?”[/SIZE]

[SIZE= 13.3333px]“...No?”[/SIZE][SIZE=13.333333333333332px] Virgo said with a raised eyebrow, causing Tim to blink in confusion.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=13.333333333333332px]“...Help Mrs.Benson across the street?”[/SIZE]

[SIZE= 13.3333px]“Wait, she’s at a street again?! She must have forgot to blow the JUSTICE whistle I gave her whenever she needed help doing that!”[/SIZE][SIZE=13.333333333333332px] Virgo said in panic, but a quick shake of the head from Tim caused him to sigh in relief. [/SIZE][SIZE= 13.3333px]“Oh...No.”[/SIZE]

[SIZE=13.333333333333332px]“I don’t get it.” Tim said bluntly, scratching his head. “That’s what you usually do whenever I see you! What could you be doing.”[/SIZE]

[SIZE=13.333333333333332px]“Huh. I’d like to know too!”[/SIZE]

[SIZE=13.333333333333332px]Virgo and Tim both looked forward to see a woman walking toward them, a large basket of red tomatoes in her hands. Her hair was as red as her son’s, but instead of spiky and short, it was long and straight. There were also faint freckles on her face as well. She was wearing blue overalls with a red shirt underneath. She set the basket down and gave Virgo a perplexed look. “Usually, you’re here at least at 8:00...which is odd, considering you get here at EXACTLY 8:00.” Her eyes looked at Naia for a bit before looking back at Virgo. “What...exactly is going on?”[/SIZE]

[SIZE= 13.3333px]“Hi, Ms Watterson!”[/SIZE][SIZE=13.333333333333332px] Virgo said, finally remembering what he had to do this whole time. [/SIZE][SIZE= 13.3333px]“We’re looking for the troublemaker that’s been-Mmf Mhm Mmm!”[/SIZE][SIZE=13.333333333333332px] [/SIZE]

[SIZE=13.333333333333332px]The women then slapped her hand over his mouth and looked at Tim, who was confused still. Smiling nervously, she looked at Naia. “Excuse me. I need to talk to him for a bit.” She said to the Weapon before she dragged Virgo a few feet away with them and crouched to whisper. “Sorry. But ever since the...accident, Tim throws a tantrum when he hears about...it.” [/SIZE]

[SIZE=13.333333333333332px]Virgo frowned. Usually, Tim was very well-behaved! “Why?”[/SIZE]

[SIZE=13.333333333333332px]“Well...ya see, since I had gotten quite a bit more money from my last harvest, I decided to buy Tim a cape. Apparently, he loves them for some reason.” The women said, sarcasm dripping from her last sentence, causing Virgo to give her a questioning look. Why was she saying it like that? What was wrong with like capes?! They’re like scarves, but cooler! “Anyways, I put it in a box and wrapped it up and left it in my closet to give it to him. But then, in the middle of the night, I woke up to see that...thing was going through my closet. And when I screamed, it grabbed the gift and jumped out the window with it!”[/SIZE]

[SIZE=13.333333333333332px]Virgo blinked...it stole...it stole a cape?! Virgo’s eyes went wide and a vein appeared on his forehead. His fists clenched and he shook from all over. Bu-But capes were practically the pinnacle of JUSTICE! Stealing a cape from someone was...was...[/SIZE][SIZE=13.333333333333332px]IN[/SIZE][SIZE=13.333333333333332px]JUSTICE! The very word made him shiver, made his mouth fill with a disgusting taste that no mouth wash, no matter how effective it is.[/SIZE][SIZE= 13.3333px] “O-Oh?”[/SIZE][SIZE=13.333333333333332px] Virgo uttered, face slowly going light red and pupils dilating, yet big smile still on his face. [/SIZE][SIZE= 13.3333px] “Did you happen to see what the [/SIZE][SIZE= 13.3333px]Victi[/SIZE][SIZE= 13.3333px]-troublemaker[/SIZE][SIZE= 13.3333px] looked like?” [/SIZE]

[SIZE=13.333333333333332px]Ms.Watterson, and a few people who just happened to be around, felt the tension suddenly spike. Vendors, including her herself, felt themselves break into sweat as cautious side glances were thrown their way. Ms.Watterson nervously shifted her eyes left and right and gave the boy a nervous chuckle. “Uh-Uhm...we-well...OH! I do recall him having green skin!” She said. It was silent between the two for several moments. “And small too?!“ Silence. “Andmaybesomeclothingaswell?!”[/SIZE]

[SIZE=13.333333333333332px]Virgo continued to give her an angry and intimidating look...until his face instantly turned back to it’s dark caramel color and his smile grew bigger. [/SIZE][SIZE= 13.3333px]“Huzzah! Now, it should be easier Identifying him!”[/SIZE][SIZE=13.333333333333332px] Her and several other sighed in relief. [/SIZE][SIZE= 13.3333px]“Thanks, Ms.Watterson! You’re the best!”[/SIZE]

[SIZE=13.333333333333332px]The women gave Virgo a smile. “Don’t thank me yet. You still got a troublemaker to catch.” She then hummed in thought and cupped her chin. “In fact, I think I might have something for you. Come with me!” Virgo nodded, and with that, they walked back to the two, amidst Tim talking excitedly to Naia.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=13.333333333333332px]“And then there was the time I saw him-OH!” Tim went as they saw the two in front of them. “What’d you guys talk about?!” Virgo and Ms.Watterson nervously looked at each other.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=13.333333333333332px]“Nothing...important.” She went before she went behind the stall. She then crouched to get something before standing back up, now holding two root beers. Virgo gasped! Root beer. The Elixir of time and JUSTICE itself! “I know how much you like these, so I decided to save some after you help me, but since you seem to be busy with your…mission, I figured these would help you stay energized for a bit!” She held out the drinks for the boy, causing Virgo to eagerly take it from her hands.[/SIZE]

[SIZE= 13.3333px]“Thanks! Bye Ms.Watterson! Bye Tim! I Promise I’ll help you with the stand after the mission!”[/SIZE][SIZE=13.333333333333332px] And with a wave from him and a wave from the two, he walked with away, yet slowly this time so Naia could catch up.[/SIZE]

[SIZE= 13.3333px]“Ms.Watterson told me we should look for something Small, Green, and with clothes on!”[/SIZE][SIZE=13.333333333333332px] Virgo said cheerfully, his excited demeanor now back, as he shoved one can of root beer in his pocket. [/SIZE][SIZE= 13.3333px]“So, all we have to do is find someplace where small things with green skin and clothes go!”[/SIZE][SIZE=13.333333333333332px] He said, opening the other root beer and sniffing it a bit. Aaah. He took a gulp and hummed at the taste. [/SIZE][SIZE= 13.3333px]“THIS IS SO GOOD![/SIZE][SIZE= 13.3333px][/SIZE][SIZE=13.333333333333332px] He cried, jumping up and heel-clicking. In fact, it was SO GOOD, it made him completely forget about what he was sad about in the first place! ...Well, he DID still remember that little cape story, but he wasn't worried! After all-[/SIZE]

[SIZE=13.333333333333332px]Justice would punish the Fiend swiftly and APPROPRIATELY...Should he not surrender![/SIZE]

[SIZE=13.333333333333332px]@Cecilia[/SIZE]

Kalin Mickleson

Kalin can't handle it. It's just a stupid plum. He knows it can't be worth that much. And yet still he's filled with crippling dread. What if he wants more than I'm willing to pay? Or worse, What if he simply won't sell it to me?  What if he thinks me a thief? The scrawny blonde boy stands there, trembling like a fawn. The kindly looking farmer approaches, his kind eyes a menacing threat. How could a dumb mutt speak to an honest, hard working man? He toiled in the sun and soil, bringing forth food from the land. Kalin was a dirty freeloader.  "Plums are a dollar fifty, kiddo." Numerous scenarios and potential disasters, a veritable storm surge of anxiety flood Kalin's being, and he struggles to think of a comprehensible response to the man's proposition. He's left there, stammering and counting out his money. There's too many people. Watching. Judging. They probably see right through him. They know how filthy he is. How fortunate he is to be alive.
The farmer waves a gloved hand infront of Kalin's face. "Are you ok, son?"  Kalin is not ok. His response is to throw the cash at the now horribly confused man, and book it in the opposite direction at a run. He's sorry. He's so sorry. But he can't. He has to find somewhere safe...familiar. He ducks into a dark alley, and curls up behind a bunch of boxes, cradling the plum, and rocking back and forth. This was stupid. He just abandoned his meister. He ran away from what? What was he running from? Why was he so afraid? Why was he like this....? How could he have fallen so far away from where he was? He was supposed to be strong so Jack wouldn't worry about him. He was supposed to be getting stronger, so it would never happen again. And yet here he was,as cowardly as he was on his darkest night. And over a plum. He tears at his hair. "Sick..stupid delusional mongrel..." Things between Jack and him couldn't be the same after this, could they? Maybe he could come up with an explanation. Something. Anything. But it would be a lie. He wouldn't lie to him. He places his hands over his face and groans.

Dakota Eimear | Kassana Silverstream

Kassana couldn't help but feel very out of her skin as she found herself taking the lead simply because she knew the way around the west side of town. It was hard to imagine that for once, as far as the real world went, she was finding herself in a position of being the most knowledgeable. It felt awkward.

Maybe making some casual conversation would make her feel more comfortable. The one problem was that Kassana didn't know what to say. The only thing that they knew they had in common was that they were both DWMA students, and that they were both on this same mission.

"So... what are we gonna do if we run into the c-creature?" she asked hesitantly, hoping they could manage something other than running. Kassana would feel absolutely useless if she had to run.

Dakota walked alongside Kassana, partially because she was not used to the area, but also because she didn't know the people. Her eyes scanned the streets and civilians they passed, on the look out for clues. The silence was tense, awkward almost, but the meister was at a loss. She didn't know what to say or what to do.

"I don't know... T-try to catch it?" she offered in response, her gaze turned to Kassana. It really had been years since she'd been on a mission with a partner. So long since she'd needed to think about possibilities like the one they were faced with now, that she too was unsure of what they might do. "If i-it comes to fi-fighting... Then we fight it..." she added on.

Kassana glanced at Dakota briefly as she considered the meister's answer. The familiar stutter in Dakota's voice that frequented Kassana's own tone all too often made it entirely obvious that they would no doubt be compatible and that wasn't the issue that trickled across the silver haired girl's mind. The question that came to her was much simpler.

"Do you know how to fight?" was what she asked. It was an odd question to be asking a meister because Kassana's last two partners had very obviously known. With Dakota, Kassana didn't get that same impression. Additionally, Dakota was a NOT student and Kassana wasn't sure what that meant for her abilities.

"... I know how to..." Dakota replied, after several moments of hesitation. It wasn't that she didn't know how to fight, but that she hadn't needed to fight in a long time. "I just d-don't do it often..." She added on, a nervous glance tossed to Kassana. She knew that probably wasn't the best of answers, but it was the hard truth of the matter.

Kassana nodded. It was a reasonable answer given all the circumstances around it and she wasn't about to argue. She herself didn't actually have much experience fighting either so she couldn't say anything different from Dakota. "It's ok. I'm n-not a very hard weapon to use..." Even though the way she said it made it seem like a good thing, Kassana wasn't very proud of the fact of the matter. She wanted to be a glorious weapon... strong like all the heroes in the stories. Instead she was a silly, stupid and pathetic weapon. It kinda sucked for her.

Nonetheless, as the two of them were walking, they were making progress. Arriving at the library, Kassana seemed to pick up her pace just a little bit and she led the way into the library. "I wonder if it's been busy this week," Kassana remarked as she started heading towards the door that would lead to the rows upon rows of books she used to spend all her time with.

Dakota shook her head. "There's n-no way t-that's true." She murmured in response to her partner;s comment on her weapon form. She smiled as they arrived at the library, and shrugged, already thinking about where there might be information on their target. "S-split up? We could c-check more places for information t-that way..." She suggested, as they entered the main room. Her eyes took in the rows of wondrous books.

She spotted the librarian's desk, and walked over. "E-excuse me..." She stuttered out. "H-have y-you seen a s-small gremlin like thing b-by any chance...?" She continued into her question, still with a stutter. She was regarded with a shake of the librarian's head and sighed as she returned to Kassana.

The silver haired weapon girl couldn't inhibit a sigh as she realized they weren't going to have any good reason to stay in the library. She would've liked to spend some time in the place that occupied her memories. "Well, I guess there's not really any reason to stay here anymore," she muttered softly and slightly disappointingly. Turning, Kassana started walking out of the library, very uncertain of where to go next although she was watching for anything that seemed to be out of place.

@Hanarei @Deadeyelee @~SpicyCinnyRollSenpai @Cecilia 

Collab with: @Zenaida

Naia Mahiʻai

Naia halted not far from the stall Virgo ran into, and chose to watch instead of help out as her eyes landed on the small red-headed boy apparently in charge of said stall.Why the adut who claimed him as a child thought it was a good idea to leave him in charge of the stall, she did not know. She didn't really care either. As Virgo and the boy began to converse rather excitedly, apparently already friends, she drifted closer. She stood a few short steps off to Virgo's right, watching both the boys quietly. They both reminded her of the children back home which she found greatly amusing, albeit confusing with some of their words.

What in the name of the great spirits above are cooties?  She wondered to herself, her head tilted to one side upon hearing said word drift between the boys. Some kind of a disease? Game? Or maybe a food? Whatever it was, the red-haired Tim seemed to think she was infested with them. She pushed the roaming questions away as Tim suggested Virgo go with him to the park. At this, the previously nonchalant girl gave her darer skinned partner a pointed look. There was plenty of time for that AFTER they caught the troublemaker. She was satisfied when Virgo told the other boy no.

She found herself smiling in a amusement at Tim's wonderment and odd conclusions when he was told they were on a mission. I'm with you... She echoed Tim mentally when the phrase 'I don't get it' spilled from the boy's mouth, but for a very different reason. With the arrival of a woman who looked like she could be directly related to Tim, and probably most likely was. She smiled slightly in greeting, uncomfortable with the older woman's stare when it was fixated on her. 

Naia opened her mouth slightly to say something when the woman spoke to her, but couldn't get a word out before her meister was dragged away... Which left her with a boy she really, really didn't know anything about and already thought she was like diseased or something. She turned back to Tim after she stared after Virgo for a moment. She smiled nervously. "Nice to meet you. I am Naia, Virgo's partner for the time being." She greeted, with a friendly smile. It wasn't even a minute later that she found herself listening to him basically talk her ear off with stories, excitedly. She hadn't even asked to hear any, really. They all seemed to be about Virgo though, which was good because he was really the only factor keeping her there listening at the momment instead of out looking again without him. 

She let out a soft sigh under her breath when the return of Virgo and Tim' mother marked the end of the stories. She watched curiously as Virgo was handed two bottles and then followed after him, though no where near as quickly. She was following at a more casual walk, lacking in any sort of rush. She did catch up to him though in time to hear what Tim's mother had told him. "Should be easy... Right? There can not be very many small green things wearing clothing wandering around Death City!" She mused, in an upbeat tone though she was really thinking this was going to be much harder said than done."What is that, by the way?"  She questioned, gesturing to the drink Virgo was holding on to. IT wasn't something she'd actually tried yet, and as such she didn't recognize it. 

@~SpicyCinnyRollSenpai

"AH THE DISGUSTING CREATURE IT STOLE MY CLOTHING!"

The voice of a woman carried out loudly through the streets. Her shout caused many heads to turn, particularly as they saw something strange running down the street. What appeared to be a clothes line with various sorts of undergarments from both a man and a women coated the line. The creatue was rather short in stature standing slightly over a foot and a half tall. Its staff was pointed out as its muffled voice escaped burried in a pair of boxers as it charged down the street.

a7a2f73f-77ea-41c0-8f36-2a44ea943352_zpsn6yr1ggn.jpg

"ARGGG UK GARH!" Its voice came out seeming all but gibberish as it raised its staff up. A poof of green stinking smoke lifted up causing many of the people on the street to start coughing and covering their nose. The cloths flew off its head exposing its hard head and its large yellow eyes lifting its staff in the air. A clear jar was in its hands filled with flies as it ran forward down the streets heading towards the factory running very fast consider its shoot legs and small feet.

@Cecilia @DaughterofAthena @Deadeyelee@~SpicyCinnyRollSenpai @Zenaida

Naia Mahiʻai

Naia froze where she was, and threw a hand onto Virgo's shirt collars to pull him to a stop as well as a woman's voice echoed loudly through the streets. She released her meister and her gaze traveled back down the street they had just come down to watch the chaos and attempt to find it's cause. Quite a ways back, something that looked like floating undergarments on a string was moving rapidly through the crowd.  "I... Think you should contact the others on that cell thing of yours..." She managed to comment to Virgo, under the shouts and yells of the crowds the creatures was making its way through. It had already freed it's head from the cloth by the time it got near to the pair. She didn't react quite fast enough to the stench that came with the cloud of green smoke the creature created, as found herself coughing loudly as she rushed to cover her nose. 

One hand perched over her nose, she stared with wide eyes after the creature making it's way towards a factory.  "Little green creature located." She pointed out, as if it wasn't obvious in the first place.  "Now to catch it." The words fell from her lips as she stared after the creature. She was starting to believe this creature was going to be harder to catch than she'd originally thought. It seemed to have an... interesting arsenal with it. Hopefully the others would be on their way, assuming Virgo had contacted them. 

@DaughterofAthena @Deadeyelee@~SpicyCinnyRollSenpai @Zenaida @Hanarei

Kassana Silverstream

Regardless of whether or not a phone call was made to the two students currently leaving the library, the chaos caused by the little gremlin was far reaching enough that they would see the signs of his presence. People were running and screaming from the direction that they would have to go to find the silly little creature and Kassana blinked twice when she heard an older woman yell out.

"Ugh! Keep that thing away from me!"

The chaos seemed to fit with that which they'd been told about what the little creature tended to do. A quiver ran through Kassana's spine as she considered a whole bunch of disgusting things that could have led the woman to say that but ultimately the weapon girl had to do her duty. Her head turned towards her meister and she shrugged. "That's the best lead we've had all day. I think we should go in the direction she was running from. If the chaos reaches this far, maybe the others heard about it as well. Or you could give them a call." Logical. It was a logical plan and a logical order of things because that was how Kassana's mind worked.

Then the silver haired girl stumbled upon another mental problem. Since they were probably going to encounter the thing soon, did that mean she should transform now? She really wasn't sure she wanted to if there was a chance it was not quite what they were looking for. Sighing internally, Kassana decided to wait until her meister asked her to change before she would actually do such a thing.

She did start running, though, and she hoped that her meister would run alongside her.

@Zenaida 

[SIZE= 26px]Jack E. Trinity[/SIZE]

Jack found Kalin curled in the corner of a dark alley, the smaller boy’s hands covering his face—perhaps to hide the tears. After apologizing to the stall owner, picking up Kalin’s money, and handing the confused man the proper amount—a dollar fifty—, Jack had run after his partner to wherever he went. Fortunately, Jack was more fit than his weapon mate, and it hadn’t been too difficult to catch up. It also helped that Jack’s soul perception was a cut above many others.

Pocketing his fake glasses, Jack approached the blonde boy hesitantly. He opened his mouth, but no words came out. What was there to say? Kalin had run away from a farmer. It made no sense to Jack. His partner was willing to risk his life to save a student he didn’t know, yet couldn’t purchase a plum? No. It made perfect sense for Kalin. Kalin was Kalin. An oddly brave boy who feared the smallest of things.

If Jack had his die, he’d know exactly what to say to make his partner feel better. He could tell Kalin to put his fate in the die. That everything would be alright because his die made them partners. But his die wasn’t here. It was stolen…and there was no guarantee that Jack would ever get it back. He couldn’t depend on it forever.

Taking a seat beside Kalin in the dark alley, Jack let the silence wash over them. He thought it was fine to let Kalin take his time. To let the boy open the door for himself, when he was ready to reveal his secrets. But, perhaps, letting his partner run away from opening up was a mistake. Perhaps they could understand each other better if all the secrets between them were revealed. Perhaps Kalin would trust him more. Jack sighed. He didn’t know the right answer. Not without his die.

[SIZE= 12.5pt]“You[/SIZE][SIZE= 12.5pt]’[/SIZE]re really strange you know,[SIZE= 12.5pt]”[/SIZE] Jack tipped his bowling hat to cover his eyes. [SIZE= 12.5pt]“One minute you[/SIZE][SIZE= 12.5pt]’[/SIZE]re incredibly brave. The next you[SIZE= 12.5pt]’[/SIZE]re running away because of a plum. I don[SIZE= 12.5pt]’[/SIZE]t get you at all. Your priority is out of wack. You[SIZE= 12.5pt]’[/SIZE]re scared when you shouldn[SIZE= 12.5pt]’[/SIZE]t be and not scared when you ought to be. It[SIZE= 12.5pt]’[/SIZE]s illogical.[SIZE= 12.5pt]”[/SIZE]Jack cracked a smile. [SIZE= 12.5pt]“[/SIZE]But that[SIZE= 12.5pt]’[/SIZE]s what makes you Kalin. I[SIZE= 12.5pt]’[/SIZE]ve grown used to it[SIZE= 12.5pt]…[/SIZE]so there[SIZE= 12.5pt]’[/SIZE]s no need to try so hard.[SIZE= 12.5pt]”[/SIZE]

"AH! THE DISGUSTING CREATURE! IT STOLE MY CLOTHING!"

Startled, Jack stood, his back against the wall as he moved to the edge of the alley. Peering out, he caught sight of a small creature running down the main street with a line of undergarments—brandishing it like a victory flag. Jack shook his head.[SIZE= 12.5pt]“The Kalin I know wouldn[/SIZE][SIZE= 12.5pt]’[/SIZE]t be able to sit still the face of such indecency. A chivalrous knight has to protect a lady[SIZE= 12.5pt]’[/SIZE]s honor, right?[SIZE= 12.5pt]”[/SIZE]Turning to Kalin, the dice-lover winked, his grin widening.[SIZE= 12.5pt]“That[/SIZE][SIZE= 12.5pt]’[/SIZE]s how it is in all the games.[SIZE= 12.5pt]”[/SIZE] Then he held out a hand, his expectation obvious. [SIZE= 12.5pt]“Let[/SIZE][SIZE= 12.5pt]’[/SIZE]s do this, Galahad.[SIZE= 12.5pt]”[/SIZE]

Jack’s other hand held his phone, his fingers moving at the speed that he could text to Dakota and Virgo.

To Dakota: ‘The target passed us and is headed towards the factory. Kassana is a sling-shot. Keep your distance until there’s a good opportunity to shoot. It seems to have the ability to produce stinky, green, smoke.'

To Virgo: 'The target is running to the factory. Be wary of stinky, green smoke.'

The gas was the problem and the reason Jack didn’t jump out right away to block the gremlin. Who knew what dangerous compounds such a disgusting substance could contain? He also did not fancy himself and his partner smelling like day old gym socks when the mission ended. Fortunately the smoke hadn't spread to their particular alley. Yet. Jack sighed. He had a feeling that this particular mission would be a messy one. Literally.

@Deadeyelee

@DaughterofAthena

@Cecilia

@Zenaida

@~SpicyCinnyRollSenpai

@Hanarei                

[SIZE= 22px]Kalin[/SIZE]

Jack's arrival was unexpected. But not unwelcome. His words, though they bore truth, and were meant to placate, cut a little bit. Of Kalin, the occasional cowardice was expected. He was expected to be illogical. No teary eyes looked up at the dice loving Meister. His demeanor is that of a prisoner, who's accepted that they'll be locked up till the day that they die. Still, after a bit of startle, as the target came barreling down the street, and the extension of a hand, in need of him, he slowly reached out his own hand to place it softly in Jack's. "I'm no storybook hero...but I'll just have to do for now." 

As he was enveloped in golden light, he attempted to psych himself into a more focused state of mind. It was a childish attempt, but it was definitely that. An attempt. It was a start. He didn't like that it was stealing. He didn't like that it was unclean, and smelled. He didn't like the fact that it scared people. And Jack needed him. The short-sword sat comfortably within his meister's hand, not having a whole lot to say. What he needed was Galahad, not Kalin. That's who he asked for. And that's who Kalin would try to give him.

⤿ Dakota Eimear ⤾

Dakota's eyes widened for a moment as the women's frantic shouts hit her ears, as her mind began to wonder if the thing they were supposed to catch was behind the shouting. It was the most likely reason, after all. Her head nodded of it's own accord in response to Kassana. "Good plan." Her words were vague, distracted almost, as she said them. She herself wasn't even looking at Kassana. She was looking for her cellphone, which was in one of several pockets at present she wasn't sure which one, planning to contact the others who had to be closer to the reason for the shout than they were.  When her weapon partner started running off in the stated direction, she stopped that activity, and caught up with her, deciding it wasn't important right now.

The streets they were now running through were chaotic, to say the least. People were panicking and others were going on and on about a little monster with a streamer of undergarments running about. As soon as her phone went off, she pulled it out, her eyes quickly scanning the text from Jack. "It's headed t-towards the factory..." She relayed a part of his message to Kassana, as she returned her phone to her pocket. "and watch o-out for stinky, g-green smoke."  She finished her overview of the message. She didn't bother clarifying what 'it' was, simply assumed that the EAT student would be able to figure that out herself.  Where was the factory again?  She wondered, not really up to date with her knowledge of places in Death City. After a moment, she shook her head, and figured they'd be able to just followed the path the creature so helpfully let behind towards the factory, or maybe Kassana knew where to go. Either way, they'd get there somehow. 

Her eyes focused ahead of them, keeping an eye out for any possibilities of lingering smoke that Jack had mentioned. They didn't know what it could do to people, and taking a risk with it was a bad idea. She glanced to Kassana for a moment, wondering how this was going to turn out. She has never been the best long-ranged meister on the planet, no matter how hard she may try to be. In fact, her attempts at shooting anything at all usually end up in a failure, on her part not that of the weapon. But, it was worth a shot. Maybe she'd actually manage to do some good this time. 

@DaughterofAthena

Users who are viewing this thread