IC- Academy

"Oh? So you're saying you would never be caught out by the enemy? Never going to be blindsided, ambushed, surprised, flanked, or taken off guard?" You surprise me little girl. In my time in the war, even with all of my strength, speed, and experience, I still fell victim to surprise attacks." If the girl thought that the situation would never crop up then she had another thing coming. 

"If you are so confident in your abilities then WHY are you here? Shouldnt you be on the frontlines then? Supporting the war?" Lennex confronted her with some disdain. The class rep was one thing but she didn't brag. At least, not as far as he'd seen. "They get taken to wherever Kozilek wants to take them. You will be going there soon yourself. After all, you've got to prove that you are good enough to not be taken by surprise."

@LaDyGrEy

(Sorry for the short post. In the middle of class)

Last edited by a moderator:
"Tsch," she growled out and raised her brow.

"I'm not old enough and I'm here on my brothers orders, I'm ready for close combat but against you I have no chance, I know when I am beaten," she sighed and stood still, an arm twitching as her eyes scanned the man in front of her. 

"I am support sir, yet perhaps you do not know my powers, I see things, not regular things of course, MRI sight, x-ray vision, anything you name it, I can see through the depths of the ocean, detect problems machines can not, zooming in and out on places I wish, I am prepared to be jumped on, but I am currently unarmed and against you I wouldn't last a second, but if you wish me to fight, then so be it, combat I can do, just not on your equivalent level," she said confidently, very regally and calm in her manners and the situation. She had an air of maturity and her eyes were large and all seeing. 

"I will fight when my time comes sir, I will rest on the sidelines, helping the weary and in need, I will hold my hand out to those below me and bring them into a light, save those in decisions whether to enter a room or not and give insight no one else can, I am merely a child learning the ropes of life, forgive me if I seem hesitant to fight a man with unimaginable strength against a human of small size and stature, I'm sorry if this is inconvenient that I'm at a school to learn," Crystal stepped into the ring, she did not wish to fight, she wasn't very good in close combat and her weariness about that problem made sure she was prepared, fear fueled her. With a sigh, Crystal's fingers itched as she stood across from the man.

I'm agile, I can see. Yet..." I will most certainly die, brother..." she muttered with a raised brows as Crystal looked him in the eye, zoning out her surroundings and focusing on his insides.

Now then? Flight or fight?

@shadowz1995

Zaryn chuckled before looking at the two in the ring. She'd be crushed but he found her honour empowering and truthful. Zaryn kept his eyes on the ring but constantly snuck a glance at Amber in case...focusing in her eyes. 

What would Rose think?

(Sorry Zaryn is so short!!!!!)

@Sgt Gomez

"Scan my internals girl. You tell me what I am." She preached about being human but as strong and powerful as Lennex was, he was still human. Probably the most powerful human to ever live but human nonetheless. His regeneration saved him from death but the pain he felt was still very real. His strength was not tenacity. You cut him with paper and he would still bleed. Collapsed a lung and he wouldnt be able to breathe until they regenerated. Every hit he took, he felt as though he was an average man. He decided to tell her just that.

"Girl, I am as human as you. Every hit I take, I feel no differently than if you were the one taking it or any other normal human being. You cut me with a butter knife and I will still bleed. But you are here to learn, as you said. So if you take anything away from my lessons....its that you will be fighting against people like me REGULARLY." 

The instructor took a few steps closer to the girl and leaned forward a bit so that they could be eye to eye, "When your friends are dying and need saving, when you can see the threat but cant find your voice in time, when you SEE something so terrifying you can't move...this is what we will teach you how to deal with. Because Kozilek has lost many, including family for mistakes in his past. I have lost so many friends and soldiers because of what I'm telling you right now. Because at the end of the day, Sõy Humano. I'm Human. " With that he stood straight and faced the class once more, "Don't be under the impression that we are bullying you. There are monsters out there in the war that make even us shiver in fear. We are just preparing all of you as best we can and that means WE CANT AFFORD TO PLAY NICE!" He ended the last line with a powerful voice. 

He flash stepped back to the opposite end of the ring then forwards again until he was a few inches away from the girl in the ring. "Go ahead. Im a monster. I'Ve just killed half of your squadron and the other half is injured. You saw me coming and warned them but that didn't save them. Now you're the only one that can fight. So go ahead soldadita. Show me how you would 'help those below you' when you have one foot in the grave yourself."

@LaDyGrEy

"Till death do us part," she furrowed her brows before making a snide comment in her mind, you regenerate at an inhumane speed, with strength still greater...my ass is this going to be fair.

"My squadron? Group work? Why'd you think I'm here?" she chuckled before her eyes fluttered around her area. Ok, quick sharp jabs, use opponents weight against them. "Oh dear, God Bless the Queen," she sighed before taking up a relaxed stanced, her hands ready in front of her. 

"My weapon would be in my arms, cross hair on your head, bang," Crystal said simply before thinking again and seeing something else.

"You're close to me, combat against a monster, I drop my weapon, and take out a melee weapon that will add survivability, I scan your body...," she paused trying to mirror the image she had created. "I assess your internal systems and determine a weakness, if you don't have one then my perimeter is set up in case of emergencies because of my fears...then it's a fight, time to plan," she quickly leaped forward, her arms precise and quick as Crystal seemingly went forward then her footwork changed and she slipped left, despite being right handed. Crystal attempted to jab his side before quickly sliding under his legs due to her small height and speed.

@shadowz1995

"Hmph. If only things always worked out according to plan huh Kozi?" He called to his partner before returning his eyes to the small girl in front of him. She quickly shifted the weight of her body and dove for a sharp body jab. The professor almost cracked a smile. The girl preached a lot of things that sounded good on paper but rarely worked out as intended on the field. Yet, here she was, getting her hands dirty. Respectable to say the least. 

Lennex parried the blow quickly and stepped over her as she slid under him. He wasn't about to let her line up a groin shot. No matter how well he could regenerate, that was always a pain that was practically unbearable. He'd rather be impaled with that giant glass shard again. 

The man set up in a boxer's stance and shook his head lightly, "Girl, I was a professional boxer before I became a soldier." He wasnt going to need superhuman speed or strength for this. 

@LaDyGrEy

"Tsch," she growled out and raised her brow.

"I'm not old enough and I'm here on my brothers orders, I'm ready for close combat but against you I have no chance, I know when I am beaten," she sighed and stood still, an arm twitching as her eyes scanned the man in front of her. 

"I am support sir, yet perhaps you do not know my powers, I see things, not regular things of course, MRI sight, x-ray vision, anything you name it, I can see through the depths of the ocean, detect problems machines can not, zooming in and out on places I wish, I am prepared to be jumped on, but I am currently unarmed and against you I wouldn't last a second, but if you wish me to fight, then so be it, combat I can do, just not on your equivalent level," she said confidently, very regally and calm in her manners and the situation. She had an air of maturity and her eyes were large and all seeing. 

"I will fight when my time comes sir, I will rest on the sidelines, helping the weary and in need, I will hold my hand out to those below me and bring them into a light, save those in decisions whether to enter a room or not and give insight no one else can, I am merely a child learning the ropes of life, forgive me if I seem hesitant to fight a man with unimaginable strength against a human of small size and stature, I'm sorry if this is inconvenient that I'm at a school to learn," Crystal stepped into the ring, she did not wish to fight, she wasn't very good in close combat and her weariness about that problem made sure she was prepared, fear fueled her. With a sigh, Crystal's fingers itched as she stood across from the man.

I'm agile, I can see. Yet..." I will most certainly die, brother..." she muttered with a raised brows as Crystal looked him in the eye, zoning out her surroundings and focusing on his insides.

Now then? Flight or fight?

@shadowz1995

Zaryn chuckled before looking at the two in the ring. She'd be crushed but he found her honour empowering and truthful. Zaryn kept his eyes on the ring but constantly snuck a glance at Amber in case...focusing in her eyes. 

What would Rose think?

(Sorry Zaryn is so short!!!!!)

@Sgt Gomez

Amber politely clapped and watched as the grizzled veteran and the young whippersnapper fought it out. She was fascinated by the way they fought. She felt that no one would be able to beat him! He seemed unstoppable! Soon, her claps grew louder and she began to cheer as Rose came out again. "Yes! Fight! HAHAHA!" She laughs manically. "I call next!"

@LaDyGrEy @shadowz1995

Looking a bit worried but still excited about Crystal's battle, Jacob examined the professor's boxing stance. His thoughts were interrupted by an annoying laugh from the crowd, in which he replied with, "Can you quiet down, please?" He took a glance at the professor's stance again. His legs are open for a hit. I should use that kind of stance too! thought Jacob using a boxer's stance. Can't wait till I fight! The teen smiled.

"Go Crystal!" cheered Jacob. He raised his fist up to encourage her

@LaDyGrEy @Sgt Gomez

"Professional? It's an honour, although this'll be over quick," she doubled round and kept her hands up by her face, being defensive was her only choice. With a shrug she kept herself light in her toes as Crystal's eyes wandered over him, nothing...he was human in body but in reality...still this was a battle that was over as soon as she stepped into the ring.

Her eyes snapped up to the girl shouting before quickly returning to the man, eyes on him Crystal.

Crystal kept movements clean and head clear, one hit to her head she was out. "Wow," she muttered quietly leaping forward with a high kick.

-

Zaryn looked down at Amber, becoming more rowdy and her eyes a deeper colour  than  before. Rose.

"How nice of you to join us," he whispered before standing still and quiet, observing the fight around him, it was interesting. Zaryn clicked his neck and looked at her.

"If you're next what if Amber appears during the middle of it? Wouldn't that endanger the sapling?" he questioned curiously, his dark red eyes scanning her face before admiring the architecture of the room. How strange and unique humans were, how different.

Hitsu felt herself lifted up into the air by the titanic creature, smiling as he commented on her fight before being consumed in light. As she did for a brief moment- she felt s though she herself, were nothing and then only a second later she sat up suddenly in a foreign surrounding, she stood slowly and glanced around, mountains and snow?…. The landscape was full of jagged rocks and snow-topped mountains. Hitsu reached down and put on her goggles to shield her eyes from the cold breezing that was rushing over her, she wasn't sure what exactly she was supposed to do, or if she was supposed to 'say' anything, she glanced down at her previously injured hand with a curious expression.

@SleepyBuddha

The sword disintegrated and disappeared into the tentacle flesh, then the ground came out of nowhere for a hug.

He felt a warm trickle down his head as the first beast leaped onto him, causing him to turn to dust.

And the pain.

It shot though his body as he turned to ash, losing feeling in each leg but hurting no less. When the tentacles moved to his face he welcomed to pain, something he would have never done before...

DING DONG

His hand was over the door bell of his home, and the door opened soon enough, revealing both parents.

Smiling at him.

"Eegez! Oh we've been so worried about you since you went to school, come come." Said his mum as she made room for him to enter. The thought of this being off-character didn't dawn on him as his dad spoke to him about work and family trips.

Perhaps this is home.

@SleepyBuddha

For Hitsu she would soon find that the very land itself in Zendikar was hostile to those who lived in it. The mountain would break apart with a thunderous boom and the broken off pieces would move to create 4 stone golems around her at varying distances. Three were close by, about 8ft tall and their very steps cracked the mountain. These three moved in to attack Hitsu. The last one was much 20 ft away standing at 10 ft tall. The body of the golem was floating loosely in the air. When the opportunity presented itself this golden would provide covering fire for the other three who were actively attacking Hitsu. This little attack would give Kozilek an opportunity to think on how to break her.

@TheHappyPikachu

Eegez would find his home exactly as he remembered. He would spend what seemed like an entire day with his family and even the man who instructed Eegez on his powers stopped by the have dinner. Everything was absolutely perfect the painful memories of his past seemed to fade away, but of course this was simply to bring the boy to new high so that he could sink that much lower. In the middle their wonderful dinner things began to start going down hill. In the middle of the laughter and exchanging of stories a small spider, a brown recluse to be exact, would run along the table right in view of Eegez. However only the boy would see the spider so whatever reaction he would have would be seen as strange and unwarranted. This would cause his parents and mentor to question his health and become concerned about him. It was then spiders would begin crawling out of the walls and all over his parents and mentor. The room would become dark as the spiders made their way to Egez. 

@Zamice

Eegez would find his home exactly as he remembered. He would spend what seemed like an entire day with his family and even the man who instructed Eegez on his powers stopped by the have dinner. Everything was absolutely perfect the painful memories of his past seemed to fade away, but of course this was simply to bring the boy to new high so that he could sink that much lower. In the middle their wonderful dinner things began to start going down hill. In the middle of the laughter and exchanging of stories a small spider, a brown recluse to be exact, would run along the table right in view of Eegez. However only the boy would see the spider so whatever reaction he would have would be seen as strange and unwarranted. This would cause his parents and mentor to question his health and become concerned about him. It was then spiders would begin crawling out of the walls and all over his parents and mentor. The room would become dark as the spiders made their way to Egez. 

@Zamice

(don't forget @Kyon)

The room was filled will a blissful atmosphere as everyone spoke and laughed, enjoying themselves.

So the unwelcome spider that scurried beneath a plate shattered the mood, causing Eegez's eyes to widen and his eyebrows to narrow as he jumped.

Everyone turned to him, but before they could speak, spiders began unearthing themselves from the walls and the floor, scuttling about. The three people around him began to seep spiders out of mouthes, eyes, pores even. The candles were stuffed out and the overhead light flickered as arachnids crawled over it.

The swam approached, pincers snapping and legs raised. The soundless scream echoed around his head as his touch of insanity became stronger and stronger. Everything went dark as the spiders stuffed their way down his throat, buried into his ears, crawled up his nose.

@SleepyBuddha

Hitsu looked up as pieces of the mountain tops above her began to crack and fall away, soon reforming into beasts made of stone…. Golems. Four of them to be precise, she quickly shifted her stance, shoving her bare feet into the snow and moving the left one behind her, fists tight by her sides as she smirked that same blood-curdling way as before, three suddenly rushed at her whilst the last, biggest one remained and hovered a little above the surface of the ground itself. If she had any advantage in this situation it'd be that golems may be powerful, but they're also slow.

A moment later she suddenly leaped down the edge of the rock beneath, her sliding down rather gracefully, her hand buried in the snow behind her to help with steering, the cold breeze rushing against her face, "This the best you got, huh? Well then~ As they say, the bigger they are~…. The harder they fall!" She called out as she continued to skid down, her words barely being able o be heard over the winds howl. Even now, she seemed reluctant to fight, still running- no, not running, that wasn't what it looked like with her body language, more- 'avoiding' it.

@SleepyBuddha 

As the spiders continued to attack the boy he would feel that slowly they would disappear and so would the entire scene as Eegez would find himself in the middle of a wasteland seemingly made entirely of a technicolored crystal. Any life that had been in the area had been drained completely.

cardart_OGW_Ruin-In-Their-Wake.jpg

The boy would notice that even the sun seemed to be missing and if he looked around he would quickly find the reason. The Titan Kozilek was standing about a mile away from him. This was the titan's actual size. Larger than any mountain on Zendikar he easily eclipsed the Sun. It was this monstrosity that Lennex had fought and won against so many years ago. The Titans voice boomed throughout the world, " Fear leads to hesitation, and Hesitation on the battlefield means certain death. Conquer your fears or I shall have them consume you." With that it seemed like reality itself cracked only to fall apart into darkness. Eegez's test was concluded.

@Zamice

As Hitsu dodged the golems Kozilek could sense something within Hitsu. It was the same thing he had sensed earlier. It was something she tried to keep well hidden. If she refuses to fight the enemies he provided then he would bring out this other side she kept so well hidden into the light and use it against her. Hitsu would notice a slight stinging feeling as spikes of rock impaled her legs. Then a great rumbling as the entire mountain began to move. As the mountain stood up in a more humanoid form Hitsu would realize that she was in the mountains palm.

(I've sort of made it a pattern to kill the students as a way of transition to the actual test lol. Sorry about that @TheHappyPikachu

As Saiko lay in his childhood home thoroughly broken from Kozileks test the Titan knew this boy would struggle to show progress in the mental aspects. Since the boy was just a laughing mess the Titan released him back into unconsciousness so that he could get some rest for a bit.

@Kyon

Back in reality, Well the collective reality, Kozilek watched Lennex's fight with the girl who claimed to be a supporter rather than a fighter. While it was an interesting fight the Titan paid more attention to one of the plant race among the crowd. Not only was it apparently pregnant, but he could quite easily tell there was more than one personality residing in that head of hers. Kozilek already had a plan for that one.

@Sgt Gomez

As the spiders continued to attack the boy he would feel that slowly they would disappear and so would the entire scene as Eegez would find himself in the middle of a wasteland seemingly made entirely of a technicolored crystal. Any life that had been in the area had been drained completely.

cardart_OGW_Ruin-In-Their-Wake.jpg

The boy would notice that even the sun seemed to be missing and if he looked around he would quickly find the reason. The Titan Kozilek was standing about a mile away from him. This was the titan's actual size. Larger than any mountain on Zendikar he easily eclipsed the Sun. It was this monstrosity that Lennex had fought and won against so many years ago. The Titans voice boomed throughout the world, " Fear leads to hesitation, and Hesitation on the battlefield means certain death. Conquer your fears or I shall have them consume you." With that it seemed like reality itself cracked only to fall apart into darkness. Eegez's test was concluded.

@Zamice

The titan loomed over Eegez as it spoke. Its words hung in the air as it spoke, before the wasteland beneath him cracked and he fell into oblivion.

He would soon wake up in the gym where he had been before. He began thinking of strategies, not only for the physical instructor, but for the mental one as well.

@SleepyBuddha

Users who are viewing this thread

Back