Advice/Help I was thinking about making an RP but don't know if I should

Coco Adel

The Abandoned Maiden
Roleplay Availability
Roleplay Type(s)
So there is an RP I have been thinking about making for the longest time, that I feel people would enjoy. It's based on a story I'm writing, but the issue if there is a lot of lore, the world has a hard magic system, meaning that magic has specific rules on how it works and I don't feel like anyone would be willing to read it to understand it properly, I feel like people might think it's too much work given the fact that I just made an two RP's and the one that had less to read is the one that got the most interest and the other that didn't get as much has nowhere near the amount of lore as this one. So should I just leave it alone or should I attempt to make it sometime in the future? Not now obviously because I have two RPs already.

You most definitely should. Want a reason? Well, for instance, the person writing this comment thrives on hard magic systems. Now, I wouldn't expect such an RP to be too popular, but it is an RP worth making so long as you what you want is to share your setting and ideas, maybe a prompt. However, keep in mind that if what you want to share is the story, then you shouldn't, cause that way you'll end up railroading the players.

"If you build it, they will come."

Trust that there will always be people out there who share similar interests as you.

Idea Idea

Well I'd never share the story, I wouldn't force anyone to do that, it's just setting, magic system and some world building like historical events that have already taken place that important to the lore of the world, maybe some races, but I wouldn't force people to be those races if they didn't want to be, more or less they would be an option and an example to the category of race you wanted to be if you wanted to make your own, you'd know roughly where they'd fit in.

Idea Idea

Well I'd never share the story, I wouldn't force anyone to do that, it's just setting, magic system and some world building like historical events that have already taken place that important to the lore of the world, maybe some races, but I wouldn't force people to be those races if they didn't want to be, more or less they would be an option and an example to the category of race you wanted to be if you wanted to make your own, you'd know roughly where they'd fit in.
Well, then go for it bud :)

I'd even promise to take a look if I wasn't a little too swamped already

Idea Idea

Hmm, I suppose I could work on a post. It might take a minute, because as I said there is a decent bit that I feel is important to understand the world and the magic system.

Idea Idea

Hmm, I suppose I could work on a post. It might take a minute, because as I said there is a decent bit that I feel is important to understand the world and the magic system.
Well, you weren't planning making the RP now anyway? Plus you don't have any obligaiton to even make it, so feel free to take as much time as you need :)

Well I decided to go ahead and make it since the two RP's I'm already doing are moving very slowly, so I have more time to do it than I thought.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back