• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fantasy I Was Fine Until You

Gareth could very much recognize Gaheris's voice. It was something that made him freeze up at in surprise. A mixture of feelings crossing his mind. He hadn't been certain Gaheris would ever return. Clearly things lingered between the two that neither wanted to address at the moment. Gareth didn't even feel capable of trying at the moment.
Ah Gaheris, If his voice hadn't given away who he was, His words did. Gareth had gained though a bit of his own bite back. Soon murmuring a quiet. "Wonderful to see you too. " But such was more joking then Gaheris's own words. He missed Gaheris.

Gareth tensed up at the next bit. Gaheris was here, So was Lance as well? The memories of shoving Lance out the way, Then the pain from being trampled returned. It frightened him. But Gareth cared about Lance. He wouldn't have risked himself if he hadn't cared about him. Gaheris wasn't the only one who wanted Lance to pay. Frankly all the siblings seemed to share that desire, Well... Everyone besides Gareth himself. "No, Lance... He's my friend. I don't want him to pay.. "He managed to express. Though seemed to stumble over his words a bit.

Gareth then shifted. Seeming to choose to look up at the ceiling rather then directly at Gaheris. He wasn't oblivious to the things going on in the world. He could hear, Servants shared things. So Gareth then said. "Gavin, She tried to hurt him. She got arrested... I don't want anyone to hurt him. I just want us all to be okay again. " Except that wasn't possible. Because Gwen was gone and the family would likely never recover from that loss. Gavin's arrest would likely be something to come as a shock to Gaheris. No one had exactly decided to mention that when he returned.

Gaheris almost laughed when Gareth replied to him, a bit shocked and a little bitter. Yeah, he wasn’t sure that Gareth was happy to see him but it’s not the sort of thing you said to your brother was it. At least Gareth still had a sense of humour and Gaheris supposed he himself did as well. The two of them alone in here, as far apart as Gaheris could manage was certainly one funny joke. Gaheris hoped he’d get to laugh at Lance, he’d been a pain the whole way back and that was without what he’d done to Gareth!

And oh, Gareth didn’t want Lance to pay? Lance was not Gareth’s friend otherwise he would be the one unable to get out of bed and he would have at least visited him! Gaheris was shocked to hear about Gavin’s arrest. She must have done something to Lance’s family because Lance had been with him the whole time but wow, someone could’ve told him. Trust the women in their family to actually get something done. “Don’t be stupid Gareth” he snapped. “He did this to you” Lance had betrayed them. “He’s not your friend. He was here, did you know that? Came to drop me off, even had a chat with Caleb but your good old friend clearly didn't have enough time to see you did he? Face it Gareth, he doesn’t care” Lance didn’t care about the damage he caused! Otherwise he wouldn’t have let this happen and he wouldn’t have left a pregnant girl and he wouldn’t be sleeping with Caroline, he was just a homewrecker.

”and don’t talk about us being okay again“ he added. “That’s not going to happen. Gwen’s gone, Gawain is far away, Agravain’s married, I bet he can’t wait to get rid of us“ he hissed. ”This baby they’re having, probably so they can start over and forget about us, life isn’t ever going to be normal again and it’s certainly not going to be okay” And maybe there was a lot of history between him and Gareth but he was still his little brother, someone he could rant to, maybe even someone he could feel vulnerable with because there had been a raw quality to his voice. He didn’t want to be replaced.

Everyone seemed to speak and act as if Lance had attacked Gareth. None of them could see that this all had been a horrible accident. Even when Gareth argued in Lance's defense. Which he was prepared to do now. But he faltered a bit when Gaheris continued. Lance had been here? But he had just left? That hurt... But Gaheris wasn't exactly the most trustworthy person and Gareth was uncertain if such was true or not. But still, It effected him and he quieted down a bit. Gaheris was right, They would never go back to normal again. To much was wrong now.

Agravain wouldn't want to get rid of them? No, He had basically raised Gareth. But... A new baby would certainly distract him. Gareth couldn't help the frustration bubbling in him. Soon snapping. "Do you think I don't know that? That everything is wrong? " While he was uncertain if Agravain would ever leave him behind. It was a thought that had crossed his mind from time to time. He refused to entertain it though. Even without that, Things were awful enough.

Gareth then squeaked. "I'm... I'm trying. I'm trying to pretend we are alright. That we aren't losing everything... Just.. " He faded off. Looking a bit tearful. But he shook his head to stop such things. Instead addressing Gaheris. "Can we just... Try to make things alright? " If they could just keep things from getting worse... hold together. Things might be alright. Gawain could come and fix things. He always took care of the siblings. He could fix them, Right?

Gaheris seemed to have this vindictive need to inflict pain, he liked the way Gareth grew quiet when he learned that Lance had left without so much as hello, he liked when Ruth looked at him with fear and he liked when he could spill some sort of horrible truth to people. But before he’d always had his brothers to balance him out, keep him from tipping over the edge into full on masochist but his time away had really badly affected. Still, it was good when Gareth stepped back, adding his own fire to the conversation. Normally Gaheris wouldn’t be so pleased to be snapped at by him.

This time Gaheris did laugh, harsh and bitter. “Things haven’t been alright for a long time, baby brother“ he replied, ”Even before Gwen and before Agravain abandoning us. What does alright look like for us? You pining for us in secret? Morgan making our lives hell? And being raised by Gawain?” He scoffed. “I don’t think we know the meaning of alright” and that was probably true, they were rather damaged individuals although some had adjusted better than others.

“You know, I didn’t want to see you” he admitted. “Can you blame me?” and he laughed again, just as jarring as the first time but a bit more self-pitying. “But there’s something nice about seeing you there, bed-ridden, where you can’t touch me. Do you think about that day? I bet you do. Look at you, it’s not like you’ve got anything better do” Maybe Gaheris should calm down a little, Agravain might not appreciate it if he upset Gareth. “Would you change it?” Gaheris asked and that seemed sort of genuinely curious. “I would. I’d make sure that I threw up on you rather than in the bin” Honestly he could still taste the sick in his mouth when he thought back to it, whenever he looked at Gareth. Curiously he didn’t say that he would’ve never followed him and his stupid friends although he was probably just trying to be mean rather than accurate.

Gareth winced as Gaheris began to laugh. But Gaheris's words weren't wrong. The family had always been broken twisted people. But before they had eachother to lean on for support. Gareth couldn't find a argument. No matter how much he tried to think of something to voice. The siblings had always suffered and that showed no signs of ending any time soon. Gaheris's words were only getting worse though. And Gareth didn't know how to handle it. Eye teary. He didn't look directly at Gaheris. Kept looking away.

It took Gareth time before he could motivate himself to speak, And when he did he spoke quietly. "Gaheris... You know I'd... Do you think I wanted that? " Sure, He had strange fantasies regarding his brothers. But he would never have acted on them. Especially without there agreement. Gareth then sniffed. "Do you think I didn't hate those thoughts? Mother drugged us both. So yes, If I could change it. I would change everything in a heartbeat. " Gareth found himself clutching at the blankets in the bed. Saying. "If we hadn't... We would have never went to sister, She would never have died, You would never have been captured, I would never have been hurt, And Gavin wouldn't have got arrested. " It felt like most of there many recent issues had all stemmed from that moment.

Gareth was trying not to cry. But it was happening. Gritting his teeth. He finally looked towards Gaheris. Though he couldn't see much to make out anything. Gareth then muttered. "...I shouldn't have even went to the castle in the first place... I didn't want to be Agravain's squire, I don't think I even wanted to be a knight, I just wanted to be respected, Like you guys... " Had he stayed home, Things perhaps would have been better. He should have stayed home...

Gaheris didn’t know what Gareth wanted. They had both been drugged but that didn’t mean that Gareth hadn’t enjoyed it or didn’t still want something similar to happen again. Maybe Gareth would’ve preferred a more natural introduction to such a relationship but the relationship he wanted was hardly natural in the first place. Being so far away from his family had really messed with Gaheris’ mind, skewed his view of the world. And it seemed that Gareth blamed that whole event for what had happened next and Gaheris honestly hadn’t even considered it because he’d been too busy trying to separate it from his life.

He sighed, he was still Gareth’s older brother. “You don’t know that” he told him. “Just because we wouldn’t have visited Gwen doesn’t mean that those men would’ve have been waiting to kidnap people, she still could’ve been taken” but she wouldn’t have been kicked out in the middle of the night so.... Still, it wasn’t their fault, it was Morgan’s. She had been the one to drug them.

”Well, you got your wish” he muttered, Gareth didn’t have to be Agravain’s squire anymore with the state that he was in. “It’s not like I’m respected anyway” No, Lance hadn’t cared about giving him respect, neither had Vere or Ruth. Only maybe Caroline had seemed to show some respect and he supposed Arthur. “It doesn’t matter what I do, I’m always going to be Gawain’s little brother” Fed his inferiority/superiority complex. “At least you had people talk to you, anywhere I go with Gawain I’m ignored” they were too busy fawning over Gawain, the famous, handsome knight. ”it doesn’t matter though, I’m going to be a knight soon and then I don’t have to be trailing after Gawain all the time, I can go wherever I like and earn my own fame” he insisted.

Most of the siblings problems always seemed to fall back to Morgan. Truly, It seemed they would never be free of her at this rate. Gareth couldn't help but find himself feeling a bit uncertain as Gaheris spoke. He had expected the other to continue speaking with anger. But he seemed to have calmed for the moment. Though Gareth himself was not as calm and struggling to stop himself from crying. Gaheris then spoke of his own feelings. They were perhaps feelings that Gareth carried as well. Always being the younger brother. But Gareth did not linger on such things nearly as much as Gaheris.

Wait, Gaheris was going to be a knight soon? That confused Gareth. He had always been under the assumption that Gawain intended to wait a couple more years to knight Gaheris. Probable until the young man was about 18. Maybe even later. Had he changed his mind? Was Gaheris ready? Gareth once more looked away in thought. Gaheris was right about another thing. Gareth had a much bigger social life then Gaheris. But Gareth had been easier to get along with. Gareth though murmured quietly. "They talked to me, Because we were equal. " The servants probable would have been too intimidated to speak to him had they known he was a noble right away. They didn't know he came from a rich family. They didn't know about Gawain or his other brothers. When they spoke it was too get to know Gareth. Not any one else. Of course his relationship to royalty had come out. But by then he had already gained friendships.

Gareth then asked Gaheris. "Is Gawain knighting you early? " Gareth still found it all odd. Even Gawain himself hadn't been knighted until he was about 18. And he was considered one of the kings best knights. Not to speak ill of Gaheris. But Gareth had seen plenty of squires with more potential and talent then him. Had Gaheris ever even gone on a small mission on his own? Still, If Gawain deemed this for the best. Then Gareth was not going to argue. His older brother would never knowingly steer the family wrong.

Gareth had earned friend because they hadn’t known about his status but also because Gareth was nice. He wasn’t stuck up like Gaheris or mean like Gaheris, he was sweet and easy to get along with. Gaheris didn’t try to get along with commoners but a lot of nobles didn't have time for Gaheris or would rather speak to Gawain. And Gareth did understand what it was like to be a younger brother to famous knights but he didn’t understand what it was like being a middle child. Gareth came first over Gaheris, got more doting attention and was certainly forgiven easier.

”Gawain never would’ve knighted me” Gaheris grumbled and it certainly felt that way. Gain was always telling him soon but never now. Gaheris might not have the most talent but that didn’t mean he wasn’t as capable as some people who were already knights. He certainly had a lot of experience after following Gawain through all his quests. “It’s Arthur who thinks I should be a knight” he bragged, “wrote me a letter of recommendation and everything” Of course it had been in order to keep Gaheris from spilling dangerous information but he’d still agreed! That just mean he at least partially approved. As annoying as the trip home had been some of it had actually been quite exciting, he’d gotten this letter, he’d watched Lance almost die from the stress, and he’d even kissed Caroline!

”Caleb’s already a knight” he added. ”and we’re the same age” so he totally deserved to be knighted, after all she’d already risen up the ranks considerably! But apparently sleeping around did that. ”doesn’t stop her from trying to boss me about though” he muttered. “Who does she think she is? Just because she’s sleeping with Agravain doesn’t mean she has any say in what I do” and maybe Gaheris was winding back up again into anger. He really needed to get a grip and stabilise his emotions. “She must be a good lay to get Agravain to roll over like he has, he used to be tough! Now he just seems ....domestic” He frowned. How could Agravain let her do this to him?

Gareth frowned a bit, If Gawain wasn't knighting him? Then how? The bit about Arthur only further confused him. Sure, He hadn't spoken much to his cousin. But it felt odd for him to involve himself in that. "How did you convince him? Did you like blackmail him or something? " Though the last part was more of a joke. Surprise was clear in his voice. This didn't feel like a good thing and Gareth couldn't find himself excited.

Gaheris was right, Caleb was a knight. But Caleb had always behaved a bit more... Mature then Gaheris. Seemed like she truly wanted to help people. Gaheris didn't seem to carry such desires. Gareth of course had been against the marriage. But not because he didn't like Caleb. Sure, He was somewhat jealous. But it had mostly been fear of Agravain. That he would somehow hurt her. Thus Gareth could not muster such agreement with Gaheris.

Gareth was quiet though. Let Gaheris ramble for a time. Before he finally said. "You didn't see her beat him. No one knew she was a girl then. And I saw the fight. He wasn't holding back. " Gareth had seen his brother fighting before. He could tell when Agravain was serious. Gareth then confessed. "I'm glad he's domestic. I just... One day he's not going to be. And that will be a very bad day. " Gareth still feared that oneday Agravain's affection would fade. That he would hurt Caleb or someone else. He just knew it would happen eventually. Memories of past nightmares returned and Gareth was tensing up. Gareth then paused for a moment before saying. "But... Remember, We are family. And she's going to be having our niece or nephew... " They always took care of eachother. And Gareth didn't think that would change no matter what happened. Gareth then, Without thinking told Gaheris. "I don't remember much... But I believe I heard one of them mention maybe naming the baby Gwen. " Gareth had asked before. And he knew that was one of the names on the list of possibilities. Though he did not know if they planned to continue with that idea or not.. It might be a bit too much for everyone to handle currently.

It was a good thing that Gareth couldn’t see because it meant he couldn’t see Gaheris’ smirk at the mention of blackmail. Technically he hasn’t blackmailed them though, he hadn’t actually threatened to say anything, they’d instead been offering him things to keep him quiet. It was different! But the how of him becoming a knight was unimportant, only that he did. Gareth didn’t even congratulate him or anything, bit rude! He should be happy for Gaheris, and he also shouldn’t tell Agravain before he got the letter to the king just in case he tried to stop him.

It didn’t sit well with him, the idea that Caleb may be able to beat Agravain in a fight. “She got lucky” Gaheris grumbled, Agravain was probably feeling under the weather and Caleb had simply had beginners luck in beating him. Gaheris frowned at Gareth’s ominous tone. What was he on about? He didn’t like Agravain being this much of a push over for some girl, she didn’t deserve his domesticity. And it appeared Gareth and Gaheris were going to have to agree to disagree. “That baby will be no family of mine” he insisted. They didn’t even know it was Agravain’s! And even if it was, it was half Caleb’s and that was enough to disqualify it from his family. The only nieces or nephews he had were from his sisters thank you very much.

How dare they consider naming it Gwen but at the same time, of course they were thinking about it. “They’re trying to replace us“ Gaheris muttered. “If it’s a boy, I wouldn’t be surprised if they named it Gareth” He mused. “Anything to start over again” He could not love or even recognise a new baby called Gwen as part of his family. There had only been one Gwen! “Its disgusting that they’d even consider it” he growled. Out of all the brothers, Gaheris had been closest to Gwen, similar ages and troublesome. “I hope the baby doesn’t make it” he admitted, which was pretty dark to be honest. “Caleb is not part of our family, whether she has a ring or not” Gareth needed to understand that she was the enemy. “We can’t trust someone who’s friends with Lance” he pointed out. “You know they were totally sleeping together, I imagine that’ll resume soon enough” at least it might push Agravain to strangle the life out of Lance.

Gaheris's hatred of Caleb didn't seem like it would waver any time soon. Frankly, Gareth was surprised by it. Sure he might not like Caleb. But he already seemed to hate her so much. Then again, Perhaps a lot of this was simply jealousy. But he seemed to even hate there possible niece or nephew on the way. The siblings had always been tight. They protected there family. He didn't even want the child to survive. And that made Gareth snap at him. "You might not like Caleb, But f*cking suck it up. Do you have any idea what you are saying? What it would do to Agravain if he lost that baby? " The man was obviously excited. He had lost so much, All of them had. He wasn't sure how Agravain would take losing this.

Gareth then huffed. "Lance went all the way there to save you. Give the man some respect. We both know he's not sleeping with Caleb. We both know, That Agravain wouldn't sleep with her just to give her a higher position. She doesn't need that. She's part of a noble family. " Even had she used underhanded methods of reaching her rank. Gareth doubt it would have been by sleeping with people. She would have just used her rank to get where she wanted. Though no one seemed to be willing to see that.

Gareth then muttered. "I swear Gaheris. You are so freaking hard headed. You don't need to like Caleb or Lance. But be civil. For Agravain. " Gareth had a feeling his words were probable going to just further anger Gaheris. And really, most would expect more hugs and such after the two brother reunion. Not this sort of talk, And maybe Gareth should have held his tongue... Atleast for a bit. But it felt like it needed to be said.

Gaheris didn’t seem to be too much of a long term thinker; he only considered things in the now and right now, he hated Caleb. Even when scaring Ruth he hadn’t thought much past the consequences of the day. But losing the baby would affect Agravain. Then again, that was assuming that Gaheris didn’t want Agravain to hurt. They already had a baby to look after: Theo. They didn’t need anymore outside blood in their group. Maybe Gaheris would accept Caleb more if he saw her in battle, what she could do. Funny how he had respect for Caroline though, a highborn girl his own age but not Caleb who fit those criteria too. And it’s not like Caroline hadn’t rejected him either so it wasn’t just that.

Gaheris was surprised to be snapped at like that, for Gareth to be so worked up and put him in his place. Gaheris didn’t want to admit but he was aware that Gareth was right. Lance had probably been too busy with Caroline to worry with Caleb and even if she had, Lance wouldn’t sleep with her now she was with Agravain. And Agravain didn’t lack integrity like that, wouldn’t have helped her career just to get his leg over. Still Gaheris liked thinking mean things about her, saying she was terrible and trying to ruin her reputation.

”f*cking hell Gareth, when did you grow some balls” Gaheris said and he sounded sort of amused. Probably not the reaction that his brother had been expecting but such an outburst had caught him by surprise, almost made him proud. Look at him telling Gaheris off! “I’ve just come back home and you shout at me! How rude” he mocked but again it was playful. “Didnt you used to be annoyingly sweet before I left?” And maybe Gareth hadn’t been the sweetest but he was kind and likeable.

Gareth had been expecting anger from Gaheris. for him to argue and yell and pout. Something along those lines at least. But what he got left him surprised. He seemed frankly rather delighted. Gareth then pursed his lips and said. "I've always been tough. " Yeah... No... As a small child Gareth spent much of his time crying over little things to Gawain. But more recently he had been known to be a bit rash. Even brave at times. Gareth then decided to point out to Gaheris. "Someones gotta tell ya to back off. I'm happy to be the annoying one that tells it to you. " Agravain would probable be a lot harsher then Gareth.

Gareth then let out a breath. Finally saying. "I know you Gaheris, Your gonna be upset about something. Then just keep thinking about it, And make it worse in your head. And Its just gonna keep getting worse. " He summarized. No doubt Gaheris had been thinking about Caleb and Agravain's marriage for much of his journey home. Probable each time letting it become worse and worse in his mind. Gareth then looked back towards Gaheris and smiled. "Go out and do something. Stop thinking so much. " Gareth couldn't exactly do much where he laid besides think. It was dreadful.

Speaking to Gaheris was nice, It gave him something to do. But it was tiring. Gareth was still fairly weak. Just talking seemed to be taking out some of his energy, Though much of what the medics gave him often left him tired. But Gareth still wanted to speak a bit more. "Gaheris... I love you, You know that? Right? " Much had happened between them. Things that likely would never be fully mended between the brothers. But Gareth would try to make things atleast a little better.

All of them had grown up somewhat tough due to the circumstances of their childhood but Gareth was the baby of the family, so that automatically made him the softest. It was probably for the best that Gaheris was having this conversation with Gareth, Agravain would not have stood for half of what Gaheris had said and whilst he seemed rather domestic around Caleb, he wouldn’t let something like that slide. And speaking of large men who liked Caleb, Gaheris should probably also watch his mouth around Melodias. He didn’t know the man and who knows what he might do in defence of his daughter. He likely wouldn’t expect Gaheris to be so foul mouthed in the first place though.

It turned out that Gareth did know his older brother because that’s exactly what had happened. Gaheris had allowed his hurt to grow and fester and rot and now his whole attitude was covered in this decaying sense of trust. Maybe being back with his family would help him recover or maybe he was already too far gone. Only time would really tell. But what was he to go out and do? He wasn’t the most liked, few people would be heralding his return but supposed he could train with some others, maybe without Gawain hanging over him he might find it easier to make friends? Or he could go talk to Gavin about getting some real revenge on Lance, oh that sounded fun.

And there went Gareth being the soft one and insisting he loved his brother. Although with Gareth’s track record, he could be referring to familial love or romantic. “As a brother?” Gaheris murmured, but this time it was a little more teasing than it had been when he first mentioned the incident, well, laughter was the best medicine. “Yes, I know” he conceded. It wasn’t exactly Gareth’s love that he questioned. Gaheris moved closer and it was still a bit shaky but he’d definitely relaxed a bit about being in here with Gareth. “you’re annoying as hell” he mused, “but I guess I love you too” and he reached out to ruffle his brother’s hair lightly. Gaheris wasn’t sure if what he was about to say was a good idea but...he steeled himself anyway “I’m in the room next door if you need me” he told Gareth, forcing himself to be available for his little brother whenever he wanted him, meant he couldn’t hide his presence as easily. Agravain would probably be partially proud of him though. But Gareth should probably rest now so Gaheris made his way to the door. “I’ll see you soon” he promised, it hadn’t been as bad a he thought and hopefully this tight feeling his chest would fade in time.

Gareth glanced away briefly at Gaheris's question. Brief shame running threw him. But he chose not to speak up. No, He was more surprised when Gaheris got closer. Looking up at him. He grinned up at him. Gareth had been uncertain if Gaheris could still love him. After everything that happened. But... This was nice and he laughed softly. "You like me being annoying. " He mused. Gareth then blinked. Next door? Gareth couldn't really get up to go next door. But he could call for him. And he could tell from Gaheris's tone it was difficult. Thus he simply nodded. Then, Gaheris was leaving Gareth behind. Hopefully he would take Gareth's advice and behave himself.

Outside, Atleast the first thing Gaheris saw wouldn't be Caleb. The girl had briefly left to go inform the servants that they had more company. Though she hardly planned to leave for too long. Hopefully Agravain would be waiting to greet him. But it was entirely possible he had went after his wife or something.
Someone was standing there though. Ruth. Her own room wasn't far from his. And she had been opening and closing her door in a sort of amazement. Mostly thrilled by the fact that the door actually had a lock. A big grin was on her face, Which faltered when- Midway threw her excitement she noticed Gaheris.

She stayed still for a moment, Both uncertain if she should do something, Yet also driven by more confidence. Caleb wasn't right nearby. But she was no doubt near enough that she could come rescue Ruth if need be. So, Finally Ruth found herself asking. "Did you get to see your brother? How is he? "She knew Gareth was hurt. And while she hadn't heard Agravain shooing him to go see Gareth. She could fairly well assume something along those lines had been going on.

Gaheris hadn’t really expected any one to be outside. Agravain had considered waiting, to make sure everything was alright but he figured it was best to leave the exit clean in case Gaheris wanted to make a quick escape. If Gaheris wanted him then he’d come and find him, but he was normally more someone to brood about it on his own for a bit. Gaheris paused when he saw Ruth, seemed they were both a bit unsure about how to proceed. Gaheris was feeling a bit calmer now that his and Gareth’s meeting was no longer looming over him and some of his earlier shouting had helped too.

Gaheris did torment her but he was sometimes capable of almost being her friend. More so in the earlier days but he did have his rare moments, like when they had a snowball fight or he was spooked. Things were different here, on different territory and with different expectations, Gaheris wasn’t entirely sure how to act. He had his head tilted slightly, considering her and what to do and it seemed for now Gaheris was going to be reasonable. “Better than I thought” he admitted. Gareth wasn’t in good shape but Gaheris had expected him to be still, barely breathing. And at least the tension between them was starting to be resolved, it felt a little less like Gaheris was choking when he was around him.

“he’s not the only family I plan to see” Gaheris continued. “I need to see my sister, she’s at the palace” he explained. He needed to talk to her about Lance, and also to check in and tell her about Loth. He also needed to speak to the king. “You can come if you like” Gaheris added after a bit of thought. She might want to ask around and see if anyone knew her brother, as hopeless as Gaheris thought it was. Maybe she’d also recognise the true respect that Gaheris deserved if she saw the place he usually lived and worked at, if she realised the gravity of being nephew to the king. Maybe Gavin would think Ruth would be a good way to get back at Lance? Except she had already tried punishing him through others. Still, the offer didn’t seem to come out of any mean spirit particularly. All this change in emotion was going to give Gaheris whiplash if he didn’t watch out but for now it seemed he was being somewhat nice, who knows how long that would last though, he was like a minefield.

Ruth found herself relaxing a bit when Gaheris spoke, Good, He was in a okay mood then. But she was very much aware that such could change in a second. Of course there was other things Gaheris wanted to do, And Ruth frowned a bit at the offer. It had its appeal. She could search for her brother at the castle. See Lance more. And Gaheris seemed to be in a good mood too. But... Would she be alone with Gaheris? That idea was enough to make her shake her head no. Telling him. "As fun as it would be, This is the first chance I've had to sleep on a proper bed in weeks. I'm going to be enjoying it. " She said jokingly. Hoping to keep the mood light.

Ruth then glanced down for a moment. Seeming to be thinking. Before looking back at him and murmuring. "Will you be okay going there? I mean... Your mom is probable there and everyone knows she's a d*ck. " Would she be waiting around to torment her son? Merlin also probable would be at the castle. Though Ruth couldn't be sure. She had sort of lost track of the woman when her, Gaheris and Lance had split off from the others. She could have followed them for all she knew, Or maybe she wandered back into the wilderness to annoy someone else.

But, Gaheris could always take Agravain with him if he needed back up. There would also be other knights there. Though clearly Morgan had ways of skipping around them. When she found out about Loth's death she probable was going to become even more active in her twisted ways! Morgan didn't exactly fear anyone else afterall.

It wasn’t all that surprising that Ruth didn’t agree to come with Gaheris, smart of her too. If Gaheris got annoyed in the journey then it’s not like any one would be around to save her from him and sure she might have a knife and know a few tricks but Gaheris still have knight training and was stronger than her; the odds wouldn’t be in her favour. But she wasn’t mean about it, although again it made sense for her to tread lightly, but even after how much of an ass Gaheris had been to her, she still had the heart, and maybe foolishness, to care about him. He tilted his head again, face scrunching up slightly in thought. “You know, I hadn't thought about that,“ and it was true, he’d been too worried about seeing Gareth and angry at Caleb and everything else that his mother had actually slipped his mind, even if she’d been the one to cause the awkwardness with Gareth.

”I think I’ll be alright” he confessed and it felt odd that he believed those words, that they felt true. “She’s already got what she wants, shes got no reason to bother me” although reason had never been Morgan’s forte. “Besides, I’ve always wanted to punch her” he admitted with a shrug, he’d thrown an apple at her before but that wasn’t the same. “I don’t really get why I never had” and sure they were scared, she was dangerous and mean and horrible g nice to her wasn’t going to make her treat them any better. Why not give what they got? “What exactly can she do to me?” He said with a little laugh that was surprisingly light. She’d already drugged him to sleep with his brother, his sister had died, he’d been kidnapped and almost sold off as a slave, Gaheris didn’t really see that he had that much left to lose that she could take away.

Ruth frowned at Gaheris as he spoke, His words really not sitting right with her. "Gaheris... " She started. Though she found herself hesitating. What exactly was she supposed to say? She had a feeling Gaheris's mother could do a lot to him. But she couldn't exactly convince Gaheris to stay. Maybe suggest he take Agravain? Shaking her head. Ruth then murmured. "Just... Be safe? Alright? " Ruth lived in fear of Gaheris everyday. But... She couldn't bring herself to want him harmed. Hopefully Lance would be at the castle and willing to keep a eye on the young man.

---

Speaking of the castle. Most of the knights had already arrived back, Which ment Gavin was very much aware that Lance was on the way. Dangerous territory. Had he been informed of her crime? Perhaps. Though Gavin supposed it didn't matter. He'd find out soon enough. Probable would want revenge. Though he couldn't exactly touch Gavin. She was still niece to the king. A niece the king seemed relatively fond of.
Gavin was still technically imprisoned. There was always a guard watching her, But she didn't sleep in a jail cell. No, She stayed in her room. Gavin had shown no signs of desiring to escape. She wasn't stupid. She knew doing such would just make things worse for her. So she'd play nice.

Besides, Her and the king both had mutual goals. Deal with Morgan. Gavin knew her mother, And was happy to help the king when it came to issues regarding her or really anything else he might like her advice on. In fact, Gavin was actually in the throne room. Speaking idly with one of the kings advisors.

This wasn't to be useful though, She wanted to insult Lance. Knew he'd arrive soon. Knew he'd find out what she'd done. And Gavin wanted him to see her. See she wasn't in a cage. That she was out and about and seemingly unpunished for her crimes. Gavin wasn't allowed to physically hurt Lance. But she would spite him in anyway possible. It was not unlikely that Lance would come to the throne room in search of his father. Or maybe to speak directly with the king. Wouldn't it be nice if she was one of the first people he saw? Perhaps it was petty. But it made Gavin feel nice.

Lance had arrived at the castle by now and it made sense to check the throne room given his fathers job and Malia’s fondness for Galahad. But Antonio was yet to arrive at the throne room although he‘d likely be on his way at the news of the knights returning. Alexander was also currently absent, likely spending time with Malia but he too would soon be there. So, when Lance walked in, it was to no face he was particularly happy to see but instead to an enemy. He stiffened as he spotted Gavin and he was furious that she dare take her problem with him out on his father, especially when Galahad had no one else!

He wanted her to leave his family alone and he wanted her to deal with the consequences of even touching them in the first place but she was a lady, and the king’s neice, it’s not like he could deal with her the same way he might a man. He couldn’t duel or fight her and threatening a lady with any sort of violence was a bit untoward. So what really could Lance do? Talk bad about her? That was a bit petty. No, as angry as he was, it was best to ignore her for now.

He pointedly didn’t look at her as he strode further into the room and instead addressed her companion. “Have you seen my father?” he asked, and a month ago the answer would’ve been better directed at Gavin seeing as Antonio had been in her basement. So yeah, a simple question but one certainly open to some comments by Gavin if she were so inclined. “I also have news for the king” he added. He needed to know about Loth, and the fact that Arthur had been the one to kill him, and also to know that Arthur knew he’d been drugged now, that he was now aware of Morgan’s true nature. Oh yeah, and mentioning Merlin may be a good idea. She’d warned them about Loth, she may be useful to the king. And maybe words with Alexander would get him to tighten up on his niece.

Lance was doing his best not to look at Gavin it seemed, And the woman tilted her head slightly at that. A amused expression on her face. But she soon deemed it best not to push the man too far. As much as she was eager to frustrate him. She didn't want to get punched in the face. Though... Lance might gain some backlash if he tried to harm her. There was also a chance it would be brushed aside. The advisor slightly raised his eyebrow though. Looking between Gavin and Lance before settling on Lance. Shaking his head. "No, But I imagine both your father and the king will arrive soon. Perhaps best to wait here for them? " They would be here soon enough. It was perhaps better then searching the entire castle for them.

Gavin then spoke up. Her tone friendly, As if she hadn't ya know- Kidnapped his dad.. "Well, Someone just arrived though. So I imagine your father will be close behind. " She murmured. Gesturing behind Lance. She was right. At the door. A small boy was scurrying in excitable. No doubt having run ahead of his grandfather, Or maybe escaped from whoever was babysitting to go on a adventure.
Galahad. The little boy had a toy in his arms and a bright grin. Scanning the room. Before his gaze seemed to fall on Lance's location. Excitable racing forward.

But he wasn't heading towards Lance. No, He move past him. Looking up at the advisor that Lance had been speaking with. Excitable holding up his toy to show him. It was not really a surprise Galahad not acknowledging Lance. He'd been gone for a long time and Galahad had not spent that much time with him in the first place. At the moment, Lance was very much like a stranger.

He didn’t want to have to be pulled off of Gavin or go off the rails but he was feeling very annoyed and extremely tired after his long journey. Just for a little while he’d like things to be calm so he could relax. So it was probably for the best that Gavin didn’t say anything snide because Lance couldn’t be held accountable for his actions. He shot her an extremely venomous glare as she spoke up but at least she was being somewhat helpful. He turned around and it seemed he didn’t have long to wait for his father since Galahad was already here.

He almost felt like he stopped breathing when he saw his little boy. It’d been so long but he was right there and cute as ever with that smile on his face. Galahad looked good, not as depressed as when he’d left him and he already looked bigger! That was his son. And he was happy to see Lance? Oops....no he wasn’t. The smile that had adorned Lance’s face quickly dropped. Galahad hadn’t even seemed to notice him or if he had, he didn't seem to much care. Lance was decidedly not pouting but he was crestfallen. His own son didn‘t even come to see him. He cal,Ed himself down with the reasoning that he’d been away a long time and that he hadn’t had Galahad long before that, he could lay down more relationship with him from now on.

He took a deep breath then crouched down next to his son so that he was more on his level and offered him a gentle smile. Hopefully Galahad would at least recognise that Lance looked a bit like his father. He waved at Galahad, hoping to gain his attention and maybe jog his memory. If not, hopefully Antonio would be able to encourage Galahad to interact with Lance since he would be not far behind the boy but he didn’t quite have the youthful energy of his grandson. Anyway, Gavin better keep her mouth shut about this although she was probably amused because Lance would not take it well.

Galahad seemed to pay no attention to Lance. Focused on showing the advisor the toy. He only faltered and looked towards the knight when Lance knelt down. Seemingly to get Galahad's attention. The boy blinked. Looking towards Lance. But there wasn't any recognition in his gaze. He didn't know who Lance was and that was clear. But Galahad wasn't as eager to play with strangers these days. He might not remember Lance. But he did remember being harmed by people. Thus, The boy hesitated for a moment. Before turning and scurrying off. No doubt to return to the safety of his grandfather's side. Except when he reached the door. He found his path blocked.

Merlin was standing at the door. Her mangy dog at her side. It was odd that she had been able to slip past all the castles security to reach the throne room. But Merlin had done weirder things. Her eyes were locked on Galahad. A glint of excitement in her gaze. Galahad was staring up at her in confusion. Hugging his toy tighter. Clearly intimidated. But while Galahad might have been frightened by people. He liked animals, And Merlin's dog was moving forward. Giving the boy a excited lick on the face. Tail happily wagging. Causing Galahad to burst into giggles.

Reaching up to pet the dog. Totally focused on it. And not Merlin who slowly circled into the room. Eyes remaining locked on Galahad. Luckily she did not attempt to get too near. Simply observing. For the best likely. Lance would possibly be fairly upset if she got too near Galahad. Her dog was bad enough, Who knows what kind of diseases it had!

Galahad didn’t show any recognition which was disheartening but it’s not like Lance could explain to him that he was his father. He sighed, trying to quell the disappointment and sadness inside him and stood back up. Galahad would spend time with him soon enough, and he didnt plan on leaving again any time soon, it’s not like he went questing. They could rebuild their bond. It seemed that Galahad was quickly moving on though to an animal companion.

Lance wanted to protest, he’d seen what sort of messes that dog got into but he knew that his words would fall on, quite literally, deaf ears. Instead he watched both Merlin and her dog carefully. The dog seemed friendly with Galahad which was out of the ordinary but not unheard of as he’d done the same with Percival and Arthur. But whilst the dog seemed to be behaving, Merlin was watching Galahad too intently for his liking. Yes, she’d been a help during the journey and for the most part she’d been good, hadn’t hurt anyone per say, but she was still odd, still lashed out with secrets and cryptic messages.

”I wondered where you’d gotten to” Lance admitted. “We should introduce you to the king” he told her althiugh he was aware that it was difficult to boss Merlin about. Someone with more experience commanding soon arrived though and Antonio stepped through the door, a bit shocked by the dog licking his grandson but he soon noticed Lance and he left Galahad briefly to pull his son into a tight squeeze. He’d been gone a long time and hadn’t even gotten to say goodbye. “I’m glad you’re back” Antonio admitted. “Galahad’s almost as troublesome as you were” and whilst his grandson wasn’t a particularly naught boy, he was good at slipping away despite his deafness.

Merlin had her gaze focused intensely on Galahad. Only faltering when Lance addressed her. Causing her to hum slightly. "One king of many, He isn't the most important one in the room. He holds little interest. " No. To her Galahad was a far more interesting thing. Hopefully she'd behave herself though when the king arrived.
Seemed Antonio was to arrive before the king. Perhaps for the best, And Gavin was tensing up at his arrival. Glancing away in slight shame. She had put Antonio threw a lot. He wasn't someone that deserved it. Did she regret it? Gavin wasn't sure. Maybe. She wanted Lance to hurt. She wanted him to suffer so much, But Antonio was innocent.

She didn't flee. That was cowardly. She had done Antonio wrong and she would face that. Had never attempted to avoid him. But she would not pester him. Keeping quiet. She chose to look elsewhere. Merlin seemed to be something strange to look at, And well... She was a strange sight. Filthy and wearing whatever furs that the knights had tossed onto her during the journey. Though the woman hardly cared for her appearance. Underneath the filth though, Gavin could see tattoos and scars that marred her skin. Though she couldn't exactly tell what the tattoos were of. Hidden from view due to a mixture of dirt and her clothing. Merlin didn't seem to mind Gavin's observing. Standing slouched with eyes so pale that Gavin was confused on if the woman could even see. With the way she was focused on Galahad though, She had to be capable of it.

Merlin then spoke up. Seemingly to Lance. "Let me take him away. Wonderful, But needs something. " Her hand flexing as she spoke. Yeah no, Merlin was fairly mad. Whatever her intentions were... They probable weren't good. Merlin though did say something that did add... More temptation to her words. "Taken, Returned, Fallen can give him what he's missing. " Though she didn't further explain what she ment. One could make some guesses.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back