• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fantasy I Was Fine Until You

Arthur did not argue or seem upset, Which Silas found a relief. He'd been worried of the mans reaction. But Arthur wasn't able to linger long. Arthur seemed to approve of the colors chosen. But Silas had a feeling the man didn't care what he wore. Caroline seemed atleast pleased by his approval. Smiling. But he was soon directing the question towards her. Causing her to stumble. "I uh... I'm not sure yet. I'll need to look. " Maybe something matching? No, Caroline did not think the same colors would fit her as much. She then was looking towards the tailor. About to ask a question when Arthur approached. His actions soon causing Caroline's cheeks to turn red.

Caroline was soon looking towards Arthur. Pointing out. "This is hardly much. I-I... " The fact that the tailor was oohing over them both hardly helped Caroline's flustered feeling. So she then quickly said. "We should go look at some of the other colors, Maybe green? " With that she was moving away from Arthur, Back towards the tailor. Taking the womans hand and gently pulling her away. Not that Caroline really knew where the green fabric would be in the store. But she was feeling flustered and wanted to get away as quickly as possible.

Her actions caused Silas to snicker. Watching as she scurried off before looking at Arthur. "Well, I expect we should get comfy. It might take a bit of time for her to pick herself something out. " They probable should expect to spend atleast a while in town. But that was fine, It was far better here then at the castle.

Caroline had been wrapped up in helping Arthur, either forgetting about herself or not wanting to think about herself because of the mood she was in. One thing Arthur could say that he enjoyed was making Caroline blush. Maybe that was a bit mean, his actions were a little misleading, but he liked when she was flustered, it was cute and helped distract her from some of her other thoughts. The tailor was only making it more extreme and Arthur couldn’t help but smile. Perhaps she should talk to Arthur if she didn’t like the way he got her all flustered But Caroline wasn’t known for voicing her thoughts to her husband.

The men watched Caroline scurry off and Arthur nodded in agreement. He figured it would be a while before they left this shop, let alone visiting another shop. “As long as she gets herself something” Arthur murmured, if Caroline wouldn’t think about herself then he would have to make sure she wasn’t forgotten. Arthur took a seat, he imagined quite a few servants or husbands were dragged along on these shopping excursions. Not that he’d been dragged, it had sort of been his idea.

”Don’t you think you’re sending mixed signals?” Galehaut asked Arthur with a frown. The annoying thing, Arthur found, was that Galehaut was often willing to say his inner monologue. When Arthur had bad thoughts that he tried to dismiss, Galehaut put them out into the world. “You know you’re leading her on” Galehaut moved closer so as to keep their conversation hushed and private. “Let her accept the fact that you won’t ever really be in love rather than stringing her along and pretending you have some sort of interest in her” Although some of their affection was at least for public image, they were the royal couple, people should think they were getting on and hopefully falling in love, Arthur would admit that sometimes he acted that way in private. But he did love Caroline, not romantically, but he enjoyed her being his friend and he liked being close to her and even if they weren’t in love, she was the only proper relationship he imagined he’d ever have. Couldn’t he be at least a little lovey dovey with her? Except no, Galehaut was right, he didn’t know if it was giving her false hope but she certainly reacted to it and he imagined it must be confusing for her. “I don’t want to let her down that much. She deserves for someone to treat her like that and it’s not like she’s got much option” Arthur defended even though he agreed.

The three were soon left along by the girls, And Arthur wasted little time in getting more comfortable. But then Galehaut was talking and it was perhaps a valid point he made. Arthur wasn't in love with her, Silas knew Arthur had mentioned wanting to talk to Caroline. Encourage her to see others. Had he done so yet? Whatever the case, Perhaps not the best of ideas to bring it up in front of Galehaut. But... Maybe it was alright for Arthur to pretend to be smitten with her. Surely Caroline wanted a loving marriage? Except if that was the case then it made Arthur sleeping around worse, Because it would surely hurt far more.

Silas glanced away in thought. Suddenly saying. "I still think your best bet would perhaps be confessing things to her. " She wouldn't tell anyone, And Silas could not picture his sister hating him. Was fairly certain she had some idea of his relationship with Ronan, And if such was the case she'd never behaved differently towards him. But Silas knew why Arthur was hesitant. It was a task maybe easier said then done.

Silas then after a moment suggested. "I can always make out with someone in front of her to test the waters? " He said it jokingly, But hey, Maybe it could work! Silas doubted Caroline would say anything about Silas. It would just cause problems with the kingdoms. She might still judge him harshly. And it might be hard to find someone willing to do such with him in front of the princess. But hey, He was putting the offer out there!

Oh so it was gang up on Arthur day? He knew that wasn’t what they were doing but I felt a bit like it snd he felt his insides constrict at the idea of telling Caroline. He Knew it made sense, logically he knew she probably wouldn’t tell anyone, likely knew about Silas’ preferences but he was scared. Scared. It wasn’t something he enjoyed being nor was it something he’d expected but he couldn’t help it. The idea of her judging him, hating him, of her knowing he’d doomed her to this life and lied so much to her. On the one hand it might be a relief for her to know why he’d been acting so odd, why there was no spark between them, but he couldn’t help that ingrained fear, the way his body tensed at the idea of telling her.

”it’s different, you‘re her brother” Arthur insisted. “She can’t hate you” well, Silas was proof that you could hate family but Arthur meant that family got away with more. Besides, Silas also like women, that meant there was a difference, that Arthur could still live a happy loving life with a woman. But…maybe it wasn’t a terrible idea, if Silas made out with someone then Arthur could gently probe, ask her what she thought of it. Still….he wasn’t sure. “Besides, I couldn’t ask you to do that for me” Arthur added, Silas suspected she’d known about him and Ronan but what if he was wrong? Although Silas probably didn’t care too much, he wasn’t shy. But where would he find someone to make out with? Probably best for it to be someone respectable but who would agree? Well, maybe the answer was right in front of them, Galehaut wasn’t that shy himself, even if he didn’t advertise his preferences, he’d been pretty quick to tell Ethan and Caroline probably wouldn’t want to cause problems with the knights. Except Galehaut might not agree if it meant helping Arthur.

”why don’t you kill two birds with one stone and make out with Arthur in front of her” Galehaut drawled. If they let Caroline know about Arthur’s preference for men then it wouldn’t be long before the mess between Arthur and Silas made itself known. “Besides, you’re assuming she doesn’t already know” Galehaut pointed out. I mean, she probably didn’t know, right? Arthur, notoriously, had slept with his aunt, that would imply he liked women, although he had been drugged, still Caroline might assume he was like Silas and liked both men and women, that was halfway there! “Are you really going to live your whole life without telling her? That’d be ridiculous, and you won’t work up the courage to tell her unless you test the waters” Galehaut said, getting a bit more serious, crossing his arms over his chest. It seems he was on board with someone testing the waters on Caroline’s opinion And tolerance.

Silas rolled his eyes at Arthur's words. Saying easily enough. "Arthur, She's not going to hate you. " He couldn't imagine Caroline hating him. But Arthur might not agree with such. His gaze then moved towards Galehaut as the other spoke. Yeah, Maybe that might be a bit to far. But it seemed Galehaut agreed with the idea of testing the waters. Arthur might not like the idea, But Silas didn't exactly plan on listening to him. So he then asked Galehaut. "Don't suppose you'd be willing to be my partner during such? " He supposed he could ask Leo, But Leo was a bit more private with such matters. Would likely refuse and finding someone else could be a pain.

Silas then pointed out. "It would be fairly easy to pull off. Just say you forgot something in my room and have her walk with you. Open the door, Then I'm sure you'll have plenty of time to ask her what her opinion on such things is. " Caroline might be rather shocked and Silas was curious what her reaction would be. Panic? Or maybe she wouldn't be surprised. She had to have atleast had some suspicion of him and Ronan. The two weren't exactly hiding there activities too much.

Silas then walked over to Arthur, Sitting down next to him. "Besides, As you said, I'm her brother, She can't hate me. " His tone teasing. Silas doubted he had much to be concerned about. But... Even if she wasn't upset with Silas, It might be different coming from Arthur. She was married to him after all. It ment there was little hope of her and him being in love. Something she likely hoped for.

Galehaut did not know Caroline well enough to say what her reaction would be but she seems quite nice so far, willing to please as well, even if she did hate Arthur he could imagine she’d keep quiet about it. Silas was confident though and he probably knew his sister quite well so why not trust him? Galehaut raised an eyebrow at the proposition. Hadn’t Silas said he needed to be wined and dined first? But Arthur being in need meant extra exceptions so he shrugged. “Why not, i can start a tally of royalty” he murmured mostly jokingly so it seemed Galehaut was in, that just left Arthur.

Silas all made it sound so simple but what if she stormed in and tore Silas and Galehaut apart? Yelled at them, called them names. Maybe it was because Arthur had experienced that reaction with Lance and Mason, they’d not been happy to find out about him and Ethan and they’d meant to be his friends. How could he expect Caroline, who he’d known for even less time, to accept? Oh, Arthur was pouting now at the plan. “what if she doesn’t want to answer my questions?” Arthur sulked. Caroline probably didn’t want to talk about her brother’s love life too much and she might find it odd that Arthur was asking so much. Galehaut rolled his eyes though. “You worry too much, if this plan doesn’t work out then we can come up with something new” he insisted so it seemed that Galehaut was along for the ride.

”when’s this going down?” He asked Silas, if left to Arthur he was sure they’d never get a date set. ”I’m free later today assuming we ever get back from shopping” Galehaut joked. ”unless that’s too soon?” A pointed glance at Arthur there. He probably wanted some time to prepare himself, accept that this was actually happening and that one day he might actually tell Caroline the truth. It was a lot to take in but best to get the ball rolling sooner rather than later. Oh, how funny would it be if someone else walked in on Galehaut and Silas making out? Like Rayner or Leo. Maybe funny wasn’t the right word.

Galehaut was in it seemed, Arthur still was fretting though. Feared Caroline would not answer. But Galehaut echoed Silas's own thoughts. If it didn't work they could figure something else out. He was then suggesting a time. And Silas was nodding. He'd planned to go see Leo, But Silas thought this was a better use of his time. Saying easily. "Tonight works, The sooner the better. " It would give Arthur less time to fret over the plan. Silas figured if they delayed it things might never happen. Still, Even if it was to happen sooner. That didn't mean Arthur was down, And they sort of needed him to lead Caroline to the room.

Silas expression softened as he told Arthur. "It'll be fine Arthur. I'm not scared of Caroline's reaction. And Galehaut hardly knows her, So I doubt he'll be affected. " Silas did trust his sister. But Arthur still likely feared her reaction. Oh, But if anyone other then her walked in, Well... The situation could become far more awkward. Rayner would certainly not react well. Would see this as another reason to punish him. But Rayner rarely came to Silas's room, So that probable wasn't a risk... Maybe.

Silas then looked at Galehaut. And found himself clarifying. "We are only kissing. I don't want to end up like. " And he gestured towards Arthur. Because that looked painful. Didn't want Galehaut getting any wrong ideas. Besides, Silas might not be shy. But he didn't want his sister walking in on him with a lack of clothes. That would be far more awkward.

The plans were being made before Arthur could protest and he Was soon resigned to his fate, knowing there was little point arguing with Silas. Things would be fine. It wasn’t him being outed! They’d be okay and Caroline would react just fine and he could be reassured and sleep soundly without a care in the world. Even in his own head that sounded hysterical but maybe if he kept repeating it he’d eventually believe it.

Galehaut didn’t fear Caroline, obviously it’d be nice for her not to say nasty things about him but his future happiness didn’t depend on her reaction. He smirked at Silas as he insisted they were only kissing. “Oh I’d be gentle with you” Galehaut crooned in a seductive voice. He‘d say that he wasn’t normally that rough but obviously Silas had no frame of reference for that. “Relax, I’m not going to traumatise your poor sister by f*cking you senseless, we can do that another day” Maybe Silas and Galehaut would be a good match seeing as they were both so blasé about it all but maybe also that’s why they'd be bad, no one else to balance them out.

”I don’t think he’s got much sense left, best leave him be” Arthur murmured with a teasing look at Silas. Seemed that joking with Silas could cheer him up from his dull mood but he was sure as the time got nearer he’d feel worse and more nervous. Caroline might think he was acting strange. He guessed he should just react as he had when he’d first walked in on Silas, although that had been far more revealing and intimate than just some kissing. “You’re one to talk, out of the two of you which one chased after a known murdered twice without any backup?” Galehaut shot back with a pointed stare. Yeah, Silas was probably thr smart one.

Silas seemed amused at Galehaut's words. Snickering gently. "Baby, I don't think you could handle me. " Maybe best not to challenge Galehaut! Yeah, It might be best to separate Galehaut and Silas. As they both had a tendency to be rather crude. Arthur was attempting to tease Silas as well, Not that it worked to well. Arthur after all had a tendency to get into dumb trouble. Silas thus mused gently. "Hey, He might be a little dumb. But atleast he's brave! " He said jokingly. But yeah, Silas would not advise such actions in the future. Arthur was lucky he hadn't ended up dead!

Sadly the groups talk was soon cut short. As Caroline was appearing again from whatever room she'd gone to with the tailor. Saying softly. "So once everythings done, You'll have it delivered to the castle. Yes? " She was confirmed. Causing the tailor to nod. Well, That was a bit quicker then Silas had been expecting. But this wasn't Caroline's first time shopping like this. She probable had some idea already of what she wanted.

Still, Silas then asked. "Done already? " He questioned as the woman was approaching. Drawing Caroline's attention. Causing her to nod. Saying. "Um.. Yeah, I only asked for one dress. They have some other material coming in though soon. So I plan to come back. If thats alright. " She expressed. So it seemed another trip was in there future!

Silas was setting Galehaut a challenge, whether it was ever realised remained to be seen. Silas and Galehaut together would be so bad for Arthur’s blood pressure but they didn’t seem too interested in each for the time being. “You same brave, I say stupid” Galehaut muttered but didn’t argue beyond that. Arthur had been irresponsible and silly running off to face Loth but he had won so Galehaut did have fo recognise his skill.

Caroline was soon back and Arthur stood up. Only one dress? But at least she seemed open to the idea of getting more in the future so he smiled brightly at her. “Of course” Arthur went to take Caroline’s arm so they could Be off to the next place. “Cant wait to see the dress you’ve ordered” he insisted, he was sure she’d have an event to wear it at. “And my clothes too” he added, since they were actually for him, not that he cared a lot about clothes.

“where to next?” He asked and glanced to Silas. “Any of the shops I asked you about around here?” Arthur questioned. Someone had to sell a tank. He doubted many people collected lizards but maybe they collected other things, maybe tortoises or something dangerous like a scorpion? Having Caroline with them when they picked it out was probably a good idea too as she was the one who wanted it, would know what to look for.

It seemed it was soon time to lead, Arthur was at Caroline's side and once more Caroline blushed at his touch. Though this time she did not attempt to run off. Arthur seemed ready to go. Even seemed to have a place in mind he wanted to visit. His question earning a curious glance from Caroline. Before Silas said. "Yeah, I think I know a spot we could get something like that. " It was a bit out of the way, And Silas didn't bother to elaborate as he began leading them along. Expecting them to follow. Caroline though was soon questioning. "Where are we going? " Her tone curious as Silas began leading them threw a street that she was far more unused to. Things by now had become busier. They passed people as they walked threw the streets. Arthur gaining some curious looks. But most kept there distance.

Soon enough they were reaching what seemed to be a market. Stalls lined the street and Silas soon was telling Arthur. "I remembered some locals sell exotic animals around here. Mostly for meat. But I'm sure they'll have tanks around. " Silas had seen live animals. Some small and furry and cute. Others more intimidating. They had to have something they were keeping the critters contained in. Thus Silas figured this was the place. They just had to find the right stall. Many were selling cuts of meats, Or Vegetables. A few jewelry or knickknacks. So Silas figured it might take a bit of time. But they could always ask around.

Caroline then asked curiously. "Tanks? " Not yet fully catching on. But the idea of exotic animals had her getting a bit excited. Did they have lizards here? Would they be willing to let her hold them? It was hard for her to keep her feet rooted to the ground and not go charging off to see for herself. But for now she kept herself next to Arthur.

Fantastic, today was shaping up alright. He kept Caroline’s arm tucked close as he followed after Silas. Galehaut also looked curious but he was less involved in the whole thing. Arthur was smiling as they were led to the market and Caroline was asking where they were going. “ yes, tanks“ Arthur agreed, giving her a conspiratorial nudge and a grin. So she hadn’t quite figured out why they were there but he was sure she would soon enough.

All the stalls were interesting, gave Arthur a better feeling of the city than the stuffy shops. He was aware that people were looking at them, or well him, but he didn’t let that dampen his mood. Arthur was scanning the shops before he spotted what he thought they were looking for and he nudged Silas, gesturing towards what he believed to be the right stall. He pulled Caroline after him and made his way over.

He didn’t know fully what to expect, animals no doubt. They probably didn’t sell their enclosures so much but maybe they had a nice lizard as well for Caroline. “What do you think?” He asked Caroline expectantly, if she didn’t like it they could leave but he hoped something caught her eye. He didn’t know how big a tank she’d need. He supposed depended if it was a lizard or a snake but she was the expert not him.

Arthur seemed to have some idea in mind, He had a grin on his face and Caroline was growing more excited. Arthur seemed to soon spot what he wanted and was leading her along towards a stand. It was a strange section. Selling odd animals that Caroline had never seen before. Most of the furry varieties. But then Caroline saw it, A lizard. It was pretty and green and Caroline imagined it was hating the cold. Arthur was then talking to her, Causing Caroline to blink and look at him. Suddenly seeming excited. "I-I can get him? " She was asking. Looking back between him and the lizard.

The stall vendor was soon approaching them. Soon cheerfully saying. " I see you have a good eye. How would you like him prepared? " The man was saying, Causing Caroline to jump. Quickly beginning. "Oh- No-No. I'd prefer him stay alive. " She was saying, Which caused some confusion to appear on the mans face. But he simply shrugged. Simply pleased someone was willing to buy the creature off him. Silas then was moving closer. Telling the man. "We'd like to buy him, And his pen. " He explained, Having caught on to Arthur's plan. Going to pass the man a few coins and well, As soon as the deal was made. Caroline was moving forward to try and scoop up the animal. Curiously inspecting it.

She'd be lying if she said she knew exactly what kind of lizard it was. It was certainly a kind she did not recognize. But its colors were beautiful and the thing appeared young. She could only imagine it would get prettier when it got warmed up and as it got older. She then was squeaking to Arthur. "He looks healthy. He's got to be freezing though! He isn't even fighting me. " Caroline was not surprised. Plenty of reptiles got slower when it was cold. Would sometimes go dormant when it was cold.

Christmas had come early for Caroline and he was happy to see her so excited after how down she’d seemed this morning. He nodded in reassurance and they were soon making a purchase, with Caroline chiming in quick enough to save her new pet from an untimely death. He was glad as well that Caroline wouldn’t have to chase the lizards herself as her new tank came with one already. “I didn’t forget when I promised you could have one” he murmured. “I’m glad you like it“

He peered closer at the Creature as Galehaut picked up the tank. Couldn’t have the princess carrying around her own present. Arthur had to admit that the creature was pretty, if unusual. maybe he should like lizards what with the family crest being a dragon but he didn’t fully Understand Caroline’s draw to them. Still, this one seemed nice and friendly enough so far. “Maybe you should put him back in the tank until we get back” he suggested, they didn’t want her dropping it. They had planned to shop more today but maybe Caroline would prefer to go home and get her new pet settled now? Except that meant Silas’ and Galehaut’s plan would get rolled into motion sooner.

”do we need to get it some food?” He asked, someone must sell some, probably the same stall they’d bought it from. “Got to think of a name as well” he prompted. “Lenny the lizard?” Arthur suggested with a playful grin but he imagine Caroline might go for something A bit more meaningful to her. It might be good if they could figure out what sort of lizard it was first, that might help. “Seems we’ve got a thing for unusual pets” Arthur pointed out, his father had tigers, silas had a cheetah, Arthur had a rabbit which was not a common thing to have as a pet and Caroline now had a lizard!

Caroline was clearly delighted. Holding the animal and examining it. Arthur was urging her to put him back in its tank. And after a moment she nodded. Placing it in the tank before looking up at Galehaut. Asking. "Its not too heavy is it? " Concern in her voice. But well, She probable shouldn't worry, Galehaut could likely easily carry such things around. Her gaze then flickered towards Arthur at the question. Pausing for a moment. "Well, I mean, It depends what it eats. " Insects maybe? If so she could probable look for someone selling bait for fishing. But it might be a herbivore. Caroline also doubted it would want to eat anytime soon.

Caroline grinned at the suggestion. Before saying. "I like Lenny! Lenny the Lizard it is. " It was a cute name. She then glanced back towards the man who they had bought Lenny from. Asking curiously. "Um, Sir, I don't suppose you know what this kinda lizard tends to eat. " That caused the man to shrug. Saying easily. "Fruits and vegetables. they seem to like carrots. " He explained. And that was easy enough. Easier then tracking insects. Though it might still like such things. Caroline gave a nod before looking back towards Arthur. They'd need to keep a lot of carrots in stock for both the lizard and for Arthur's rabbit!

Silas couldn't help his amusement at his sisters behavior. The way she kept glancing at the tank. And thus he soon mused. "C'mon, Lets head back to the castle so you can get him settled down. " Hopefully the lizard would thrive well enough. Caroline was swiftly nodding. Looking over towards Arthur and grinning. "Arthur... Thank you. " She then was turning to focus back on the reptile. Oh, It might be hard to get her away from playing with her lizard for the next few days!

See Caroline was so nice! Asking Galehaut if he was okay carrying it and he shook his head at her with a small smile, it was pretty light to be honest compared to say trying to saddle your own horse. Plus the little guy was interesting and Galehaut found himself peering at the lizard. Arthur was so glad she was pleased but he was a bit taken aback that she went with his joking name. He had only meant it in jest, she really didn’t have to! But he also felt a bit like preening as she seemed to like the name. Yeah, he did look like a Lenny!

Fruite and vegetables were manageable, certainly easier than feeding it insects and flies he imagined and a little less gross too but he imagined Caroline would’ve taken either option in her stride. And their shopping trip was cut short but Caroline didn’t seem to mind, this would likely keep her occupied for a while which might be a problem if they did plan to carry out Silas’ idea. Would Arthur be able to tear her away from Lenny? And she’d probably rather talk about the lizard than whoever Silas was kissing. Still, they’d see.

”I’m glad you’re happy” Arthur said honestly As they all made their way back to the horses so they could get back to the castle. It might be a bit awkward to juggle the tank whilst riding a horse so Arthur figured it might be best to lead Galehaut’s for him and go slowly so they could walk without losing the poor little lizard. “What makes you like reptiles so much?” Arthur asked Caroline curiously. He wondered if it had something to do with her parents or growing up but Silas didn’t seem to have the same affinity, still didn’t rule it out. Rayner was pretty cold blooded so maybe that had something to do with it? “Most ladies would probably prefer a fluffy little lap dog” Arthur mused, but well, Caroline wasn’t most ladies. “I mean if you’re interested in dogs we can have a look at those too but…I don’t know, I’ve never thought much about owning an animal before. Obviously we have horses but besides that the most I saw were hunting dogs or ratting cats” occasionally someone would have a pet dog for companionship but most were hunting or guard dogs.

It would be difficult to separate Caroline from her new found lizard. She paused at the question of why she was so fond of the critters. Glancing towards Arthur at the question, And well, The answer was rather simple. "They're cute! " Yeah, Some people might not agree. But Caroline thought they were. She then explained further. "And I've always found it fun to look for them, You're homeland had a lot of different kinds! " Far more variety then here. Arthur was speaking about dogs, And Caroline then confessed. "I.. Dogs make me sneeze. " So that ruled out dogs from her company. And well, She did not get along with birds.

Caroline was content with her knew lizard friend. Soon focusing on the animal once again. Saying. "I'm happy with Lenny! He's perfect. " She expressed. Silas seemed amused as he listened. Looking towards Arthur and explaining. "Around here, Most people keep dogs or cats as pets. But I've seen a few ladies keep rabbits. And one who seemed fond of a squirrel. " They were small, Cute and fluffy. Who wouldn't be fond of the animals? But Silas hadn't ever known Caroline to take a interest in furry animals. She'd always preferred reptiles. He couldn't really judge though, He had a pet Cheetah!

Silas then said gently. "I remember mom used to love cats. Besides my Cheetah, She had a few normal kitties. They were all beautiful. " Silas then focused on Arthur. Thinking for a moment before encouraging. "Maybe you should see about getting yourself something? I know you have the rabbit, But it might be nice to have some companionship while your here. " Dogs were probable off the table though if they made Caroline sneeze, So, Maybe Silas could find him a good kitty? He could name it Tiger! Then he'd have his own pet tiger!

The best answers were sometimes the simple ones. Caroline found them cute so therefore she liked reptiles. What more did you need? He knew his homeland had a fair few, seemed like the sort of thing that Silas might complain about as he did with the spiders and scorpions. He smiled fondly as she talked about dogs making her sneeze. Would it be the Same with cats? He hadn’t seen her sneeze around Silas’ cheetah but maybe that didn’t count since it wasn’t a domestic cat.

Silas was suggesting he get another pet and Arthur looked doubtful. He wasnt sure he needed anything else to Worry about snd look after. “i don’t have a lot of experience with pets“ he told Silas. “Maybe we should just stick with what we have for now” he wasn’t that lonely! He could help Caroline with Lenny and he had Silas, the knights, Caroline and Vere to keep him company. Plus when he got back home he had Excalibur the bunny and he’d also have two children to look after plus a little sibling. That was a lot, another pet would only further complicate things.

It wasn’t too long before the castle was coming into view and Arthur wondered if their absence had been noticed, Rayner didn’t seem to like it when they went exploring but he’d likely expected them to after what he’d done to Caroline and it’s not like they’d been gone long or unsupervised so hopefully nothing bad would come of it. Arthur was soon leading Galehaut towards their room so he could put down the tank. Lenny would live with them. What remained to be seen was whether Arthur could pull her away from him and if Silas and Galehaut would go through with the plan.

It didn't take the group long before they were finally reaching the castle, Luckily, No one stopped them as they walked threw the halls. So Silas assumed Rayner was not too upset with there absence. A small relief really. Eventually they were reaching the couples room. Caroline hurried ahead to try and clear off a desk as to let Galehaut set down the tank. It was easy to see the excitement in her steps and Silas thought it was safe to say that they had succeeded in cheering her up. Hopefully Arthur could avoid upsetting her again! Once Galehaut had set the item down though. Silas sent Arthur a glance, Before saying. "Well, I'll just leave you too it. C'mon Galehaut, Lets leave these two alone. " He encouraged.

Caroline glanced up towards them. Smiling. "Thank you for helping carry his cage. " She said to the man. But her focus was soon off him. Looking back towards Arthur before saying. "Oh, I'll need to look threw the libraries and figure out what kind of Lizard he is! " There had to be information on the creature. Was it a adult? Or would it grow more? Caroline thought it looked young. But it was not the easiest to tell.

With that Silas reached forward to gently tug Galehaut's arm and encourage him to follow him. Hopefully Arthur wouldn't find it too difficult to drag Caroline away. If Silas needed to, He could always send a servant to go fetch her. But then that risked the servant seeing and Silas didn't know if he wanted to deal with that headache. So yeah. Maybe best to avoid that.

Maybe this lizard had backfired a bit already, Caroline was so engrossed in it that it’d be difficult to get her do much else but at least she was happy now. Arthur gave Silas a bit of a doleful look in return at the clear prompt from him. He wasn’t sure he was ready to do this but he knew Silas would find a way regardless ro get the ball rolling and gauge Caroline’s opinion. So, Galehaut was nodding following Silas to hopefully set the scene although would they be making out the whole time waiting for Arthur to turn up? They didnt know how long it might take him after all.

Arthur moved to look at Lenny again, feeling the nerves in his stomach at the idea of what was about to happen. “I’ll help you” he promised. “We can grab some books in a bit. I’m glad you like him. I figured if they didn’t see, any lizards you’d just have to catch one but he seems nice” Hopefully he wouldn’t be too much trouble. Arthur had never looked after a lizard before. Were they noisy? No, surely not. ”and thank you for helping me with the clothes” he added. “It was nice spending the morning with you, we should go out together more often” he said.

”hey, why don’t we go and get some books now?” He suggested after a little while, going to take her hand and lead her towards the door, that would at least get her out of the room. How to get her to Silas’ though? “Oh…speaking of clothes, I should probably pick up some of my things from Silas’ to take back to our room” yeah that was good enough. “Why don’t we pop there first?” He suggested, that way if he felt funny about asking questions he could just stick his nose in a book and not have to look at her. Goodness his stomach felt funny, twisting with nerves. Fingers crossed Silas and Galehaut wouldve been able to set the scene already.

Silas was soon enough leading Galehaut out the room. He figured they probable could take there time, Arthur would likely find it hard to drag Caroline away quickly. It would give them plenty of time to get themselves into position. Reaching his room, Silas walked in and took a moment to observe things. Now, Where did the door have the best view of? Likely the couch, So, Silas made his way there. Flopping down onto the seat. Teasingly asking. "So, Gotta ask, You mentioned you're gonna need to keep aa tally of royalty. So whats the numbers looking like so far? " Were him and Arthur the only ones? Or had Galehaut had more?

Atleast they'd have plenty to talk about while Arthur tried to get Caroline into position. The girl eagerly watched her lizard. Glancing back at Arthur as he spoke of collecting books and catching lizards. Nodding, Before noting. "You'll need to join me one day when trying to catch them! Its fun, They can be fast though! " She was explaining. Before she found her cheeks turning a bit red at his next words. "I.. I'd like that. " Maybe there might be some hope for there relationship? Caroline couldn't help but think Arthur had been rather affectionate threwout the day. But perhaps that was only due to him feeling bad. Still.. Caroline liked it. She though was soon glancing away, Feeling a bit embarrassed at the thought. Thus fused on tending to her Lizard. But eventually Arthur seemed ready to move. Was encouraging her to go ahead and seek out some books. Luckily, Caroline was eager to discover what the mystery little Lenny was. So she nodded. Getting to her feet. "It shouldn't take to long, I know where most of the reptile books are. " She was explaining. But it seemed that wasn't to be there only stop.

Silas's room wasn't too far out the way, So, Caroline gave a nod. Maybe they could drag him with them to go threw the books! Another eye would of course be helpful. Arthur was already beginning to lead her along. Hey, Maybe he was eager as well to find out about the lizard? Caroline then said. "Yeah, If Silas's is there, I can try and make him join us! " She expressed. Excitement clear in her voice as she followed after Arthur.

Galehaut followed Silas and also joined him on the couch, leaning in teasingly. “You think I’d kiss and tell?” Galehaut smirked before shrugging. “People seem to have a thing for visiting knights” he admitted. “you'd love it,” he was sure Silas would like the attention if not the fighting but Galehaut really didn’t do much fighting at all. “But it’s mainly princesses, not my cup of tea” He continued. “What about you? You chased a lot of knights?” He asked, Silas did quite seem to like a fit man. Ronan, Arthur, Leo and even Alexander were all men in good physical condition, had a bit of muscle of them and weren’t afraid of a workout.

”I imagine you often get the pick of the lot” Galehaut mused. “It’s hard saying no to a prince but sometimes when you’re used to hearing yes, you get intrigued by the ‘nos’.’” Was that the case with Arthur? had it been the case with Lance? He wasn’t trying to imply that Silas was pestering or harassing people, simply that it was more satisfying to get a yes when you knew you’d actually worked for it, that it was built on something real rather than reputation and possible benefits.

Arthur was not convinced he’d enjoy catching lizards but he guessed he could always watch, and fret about whatever she’d picked up. Oh poor Caroline, it seemed Arthur was leading her on a bit. He wanted them to be close and comfortable and easy with each other, he was so fond of her and he liked being near to her showing her that he cared but Galehaut was right about the mixed signals. He really needed to get his affairs in order to stop hurting her in the long run. It’d be tough for her to adjust to probably, to come to terms with what her life would be, but hopefully she could find some peace and solace in it as well.

”of course you do” he chuckled, trust Caroline to know where the reptiles books were and which ones they might need. He lead her along although he was aware that he was taking his time, feet feeling a bit like lead but trying not to let any of that show to Caroline. “Silas might be more hindrance than help” he joked. “But he’ll be good company. Maybe we can get him to sing us a song or something whilst we look” That might be funny, or he might be able to coax a story out of Silas about their childhood. He liked learning about them both, thought it was nice they’d had each other to rely on growing up. It wasn’t that long before Silas’ door was coming into view though and Arthur tried to remain calm but he didn’t know how this would go and he really wanted it to go well.

Silas couldn't help but grin at Galehaut's responds. Seemed he was going to keep somethings a mystery. But being this close, Silas figured Galehaut could likely win over plenty of hearts. He was certainly fine to look at. The question was soon being directed back at him, And Silas shot back. "Do you think I'd kiss and tell? " He said easily, Repeating Galehaut's own response. But he then hummed in thought. "Mm... Maybe a few. " He finally confessed. Yeah, Maybe he did have a thing for knights. But it wasn't his fault so many of them were nice to look at! He raised his eyebrow at Galehaut's next words. It was true, Silas did have a lot of power in any relationship he was in. He was a prince after all.

Silas did think on the matter for a moment. Before musing. "Maybe, I suppose I am fond of those with a bit of bite. " He said thoughtfully. Silas wanted something that felt real. A real connection. Someone that wasn't just trying to please him. But such was perhaps a bit difficult to find. Silas then after a moment, Leaned closer. Musing. "Its not too late for you to tell me no. " And while the words were playful, There was some seriousness to it. A option for Galehaut to avoid the kiss should he want. For him to change his mind. But Galehaut seemed to be a rather open person. Probable wouldn't care too much about Caroline knowing. But Silas still wanted to leave that door open should he wished to take it.

---

Arthur was taking his time, But Caroline was happy to talk to him. Soon saying in amusement. "Trust me, You don't want Silas singing. He's awful at it. " She said, Though had he been there. Caroline figured he'd have argued which such a statement. To bad! Caroline didn't think he had much of a singing voice. But he could probable tell them plenty of little stories. Or maybe he'd just choose to annoy them. Either way, Caroline liked the thought of him being there. Soon enough his room door was coming into view, And Caroline was suddenly hurrying ahead. No doubt eager to fetch her brother. As she didn't worry about knocking. Simply going to push open the door while calling. "Silas, Me and Arthur are going to look threw some books, Wanna come? " She was saying as she pushed open the door.

Silas did strike Galehaut as a bit of a bragger, he’d already mentioned how he’d slept with the king but he also believed that Silas could be more discrete, that he wouldn’t air relationships that he knew people would be sensitive about. Still, he hinted at having some interest in the knights. He wondered who. He guessed they could rule out Gawain, that was likely a bit too much bite for Silas. A lot of the other knights liekly had similar but less extreme thoughts about Silas, shaped by Gawain, but maybe he didn’t mean their knights, it was a big world and Silas was an adventurous man.

His smile tugged wider as Silas leaned in and said he could refuse. Yeah, Silas was soft in a lot of the right places and Galehaut leaned even closer, the room becoming just the little bubble Of their faces. “I don’t want you too fond of me“ he teased before pressing a hand to Silas’ face to guide him closer and press their lips together. He was tender, gentle, a stark comparison to the marks he’d left on Arthur but he had promised that he wouldn’t hurt Silas, that he could be soft. Hopefully it’d be quite the scene for Caroline and Arthur to walk in on, the two wrapped up in a romantic encounter. Galehaut wasn’t complaining about making out with Silas, it’d be nice to actually kiss someone with a fair bit of experience, Arthur and other men he‘d come across tended to have little to no experience whereas Silas was…..a veteran shall we say.

Arthur laughed a little, her words putting him at ease a little as they joked. He’d have to hear Silas’ voice himself. Arthur wouldn’t say he was much of a singer but it wasn’t something he did often, only really when he visited his mother’s family. Maybe he’d get some practice though, singing lullabies to his children. Caroline left his side and rushed ahead. Arthur took a centring breath before moving slowly to join her, stopping just behind her, peering over her shoulder. He didn’t want to be the first one to say anything, what even was he meant to say? Silas had said the way he’d reacted to him and Ronan had been telling, he didn’t want it to be the same here with Caroline. He was a bit speechless anyway. It felt weird walking in on Galehaut trying to shove his tongue into Silas’ mouth, on The one hand he could appreciate that it was actually quite attractive, they were both beautiful men who he had some sort of entanglement with but he also felt uncomfortable and the flare of jealousy was unstoppable, although restrainable. It’s not like it was real anyway, but goodness they were convincing.

Soon the two were close, And before Silas knew it, Galehaut was closing the distance between them. Frankly, It was actually rather nice. And Silas was soon placing his hand on Galehaut's chest. Half climbing onto his lap.
Caroline certainly was in for a surprise when she opened the door. The two men in the rather intimate position, The young woman was soon freezing at the sight. Eyes growing wide, The worst part? One would think Silas would stop! Surely he'd heard the sound of the door opening. But well, The man had to make sure Caroline saw! So couldn't seperate too quickly. Caroline stood there, Frozen for a couple moments. Before her mind snapped into action. Swiftly she was closing the door. The sound of it shutting finally causing Silas to pull away from Galehaut. Glancing towards the door though having yet to move off the other, He then found himself snickering. "Well, I think she saw our show. " He mused.

Outside though, Caroline was quickly turning. Cheeks a certain shade of red. But she was quickly realizing, Arthur was with her. She could see him. Had he gotten a good look inside? Whatever Caroline's thoughts were on the matter of Silas being with another man. She still clearly had some desire to protect him. For she was swiftly saying. "He's uh- He's busy in there! Getting changed, We should go! " She squeaked. She wasn't sure if Arthur had gotten a good look inside, Was aware if he had... Well, He'd see threw the lie. But she still tried to risk the lie.

Oh, Caroline was so going to scold Silas for not locking his door later! Caroline then was moving forward. Reaching to grab Arthur's hand and aiming to pull him away from the room. Saying. "W-We can come back later to get your clothes. Yeah! We'll do that. Lets go to the library then! " She continued. Was this what Galehaut ment when he talked about only liking a specific kind of partner? Well, She supposed that made sense. But how had him and Silas... Surely they hadn't known each other very long? But... Caroline knew her brother often had one night stands.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back