• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fantasy I Was Fine Until You

Caroline seemed to get a good view of them making out but didn’t stick around long, soon shutting the door on them again and going to drag Arthur away. Galehaut murmured his agreement with Silas. “She didn’t force us apart so that’s one thing“ nor had she shouted at or scolded them. It didn’t mean she was comfortable with it but at least she didn’t seem outraged. “It’s up to Arthur now, assuming he can get anything out of her” and that he didn’t chicken out. “Otherwise you might have to try and ask her” Gingers crossed it didn’t come to that though. “Let me know if you need someone else to catch you making out with a guy“ Galehaut joked, he could do that again, it’d been pretty nice.

Caroline was trying to lie, cover up the scene and make up some excuse which had Arthur frowning. Was she ashamed of her brother? He understood her maybe not wanting to talk about it but was this denial? Oh, no, this was her trying to protect her brother. Arthur was worried about her reaction but it seemed she was a bit worried about his. So she didn’t know about Arthur then, didn’t want to risk him turning on Silas, even if Arthur was okay with it, the subject was taboo and you could never be too sure, hence why they’d set up this scenario. How to broach the subject though?

Arthur was being dragged along as he thought of what to say. He decided in the end to just let her know he’d seen what had been going on. “Silas wasn’t getting changed” he told Caroline “I’m not blind” No he’d definitely seen it. Now how to gauge her opinion. “Do you walk into that a lot?” He asked gently, from what he’d heard before, Caroline did seem to stumble across those sort of encounters. Silas really needed to learn to lock his door Although obviously he’d aimed to get caught today. “I’ve heard his reputation with women but Does he enjoy men as much?” And okay, Arthur couldn’t really claim to be oblivious, Silas had admitted in front of everyone that he’d slept with Alexander, which Alexander hadn’t denied. “Obviously I don’t know the culture here but that’s pretty taboo back home” unless you were the king it seemed. He had to try and strike the balance between curious and prying, know much but not come across as judgemental. He didn’t want Caroline clamming up if she thought he was going to go scold Silas.

Silas figured that Caroline could have had a far worse reaction. He did wonder if she'd confront him later. But brushed the thought from his mind. Instead he grinned. Saying gently. "You'll be my first pick then. " Leaning forward to give him a small kiss on the cheek. Before then rolling off him. He half considered moving towards the door to see if he could listen in on Caroline and Arthur. But well, He had a feeling Arthur would tell him whatever was said.

Arthur had been quiet at first, And Caroline was hopeful that her words had worked. But then he spoke up and she turned around. He'd seen, Seemed to want to know if such was common with Silas. Caroline thus was in a rather uncomfortable position. Shifting. She then murmured. "I-I... I suppose It is not the first time. " So it seemed she had seen Silas with Ronan at some point. The man wasn't exactly shy! Arthur wanted to know if this was part of the culture.

Caroline then after a moment said. "Its... Mostly taboo here as well. " How much should she talk about Silas? Would this effect things between Arthur and Silas? Caroline wasn't sure, But she wanted to protect her brother. "I-I uh.. I... Silas is very wild, I'm sure you know that. I know this is... A lot. But he's still Silas! " She was fumbling. Wishing she had a better response. But she had hardly had time to prep something! No, She was just stumbling threw her words. Arthur so far did not seem angry, Only curious. So, Maybe he'd only see the matter as one of curiosity?

The pair were left to wait to see if their plan had worked. Maybe Silas wanted rid of Galehaut as soon as possible but they’d didn’t seem like they were troubling each other besides he couldn’t just leave, they We’re supposedly being quite engorssed with each other and he didn’t want to distract Arthur and Caroline anyway.

Arthur’s words made Caroline nervous, he could see that. She didn’t look like she wanted to talk about it but she wasn’t going to get too much choice. She did seem to know about his interest in men although again it likely wasn’t something she discussed, just took it as another fact about her brother, whether she liked it or not. Ethan too had mentioned it was taboo here when they’d come across Silas and Ronan but Ethan had known that Arthur wasn’t about to turn on Silas, Caroline didn’t.

She was blaming it on Silas’ wild side, she didn’t want Arthur judging him for it, but would she feel the same way about Arthur? He wasn’t wild like Silas, maybe she’d be disappointed in him. Now, how to let her know that he wasn’t angry or disgusted with Silas without giving too much away? “Yeah, he is still Silas” Arthur began slowly. “So you think I’m going to hate him for it?” He asked honestly, he knew it was touchy subject, hard to know how people would react but had she ever really seen him hate anyone? Except Arthur had the same doubts about her. “Who Silas chooses as his partner is up to him” Arthur stated. “But I know a lot of people wouldn’t be happy about it, would want him punished for it…..is…..I know he’s your brother and you love him but you do to agree with his actions…..” Arthur wasn’t really sure how to say it. She didn’t want Silas punished or hurt but she still might not like his choice of partners, might think he was silly and stupid but that was the things she put up with as his sister. “Do you take issue with his…..attraction to men?” He asked. “Or with Galehaut’s?” Yeah because maybe he should look out for the knight from his kingdom as well! “I imagine it’s got to be difficult for you to know about, to deal with, but not be able to tell anyone” she had to keep the secret to herself. Not that Silas kept it a major secret but enough so.

Caroline tensed up when Arthur asked if she thought he'd hate him. Maybe, Caroline wasn't certain. So she didn't really answer, Just averted her gaze. But so far he didn't seem angry. He wanted to know if she agreed. That was a more uncomfortable thought. If she took issue with his behavior, If she hated Galehaut. But Caroline after a moment began. "I-I don't know. " It was something she did not tend to think about often, Caroline was very much aware Arthur could turn on her. Maybe he was testing her. But she wasn't sure. Caroline then further began to Arthur. "I know, Its supposed to be bad. But Silas isn't bad, And Galehaut did not seem bad. " No, Galehaut seemed if anything rather noble. Caroline did not think she was in a position to judge anything him or Silas did. She'd had a affair with Lance after all. She'd sinned as well. Caroline then shrugged at his next words, Not really giving a answer.

But... Caroline's thoughts were going back to the topic of it being bad. A sin. suddenly finding herself confessing. "I... I know I should, But I... I don't believe in... Well, Anything. " She had never held much belief in religion. Neither that which Silas believed, Or the more commonly worshiped ones. But that was a dangerous confession, And she suddenly was realizing that it might not be taken well by Arthur. Looking up at him with wide eyed.

Caroline then was squeaking. "I mean- I...I don't... " Ugh, This felt uncomfortable. Caroline then whimpered. "I'm sorry... I'm sorry. I don't.. " She fumbled. Unable to think up what to say next. Oh, She was so going to scold Silas later for not locking the door. What if someone else had walked in?!

Arthur didn’t know how to approach things with Caroline and she didn’t know how to talk to Arthur about it either, they were both sort of walking on eggshells at the moment, not wanting to anger the other or upset anyone. Caroline was….alright with it. Maybe she wasn’t entirely comfortable but she didn’t think it reflected too badly on Silas or even Galehaut for that matter which gave Arthur a little bit of hope on the matter.

She didn’t believe in anything? Silas had suggested as much and maybe it was religion which made People unaccepting of it. Lance had been pretty tough on it at first and he was religious, although that hadn’t gotten in the way of him having an affair. He thought Mason been somewhat religious or superstitious as well. The wide eyes and whimpering from Caroline worried him though, was she scared of him? Of how he’d react? He didn’t want that ever.

He reached a hand out to touch her arm. “ what are you sorry about?” He asked with a frown. “That you don’t know how to think about your brother? Or that you don’t believe in anything?” Neither were crimes ro him. “I’m not religious either, it doesn’t bother me if you believe or don’t” His father had shown him part of religion, same for his mother but neither practiced much. “And as for Silas, you can tell me if you’re uncomfortable, or if you just want someone to talk to about it, or anything. It’d take a lot for me to hate Silas, to hate anyone” Rayner was a prime example of the lengths you’d have to go to for Arthur to hate you. “Anything you tell me, I’ll do my best not to judge” he promised, whether it was about her or her friends or her brother. “And you don’t ever have to be sorry to me”

Caroline soon enough found her gaze drifting down to her feet. Tensing a bit at Arthur's touch and his words. But she soon enough relaxed. Shifting her feet. Arthur was comforting. He questioned what she was sorry for, Both things it felt like. But then Arthur was expressing his own beliefs and it felt a little easier to breath. Caroline sniffled, Looking up at him again. He didn't hate Silas, Would he still remain his friend? Him and Silas had been rather close lately. Surely he'd atleast ask Silas about his relationship with Galehaut.

He was promising to try not to judge. Was urging her not to apologise, And Caroline soon was sniffling. Moving closer to Arthur and wrapping her arms around him in a hug. She felt like she needed one. She then after a moment asked quietly. "Can we just not talk about it? " Arthur might have more questions, But Caroline wasn't sure if they'd be ones she'd want to answer. Wheather they be questions on her brother, Or her beliefs. Caroline felt uncomfortable.

She then encouraged after a moment. "Lets just... Go look threw the library, We can look for stuff about Lenny... " It would be a nice distraction. Oh, What would Arthur say to Silas later? Would he bring it up? Would he talk to Galehaut about such things? Caroline wasn't sure. But she still found herself saying. "I... I think it would be best if we left both of them be. " Sure, She might scold Silas for not locking the door. But she didn't really want to bring up the topic of who he was seeing with him.

The hug took him by surprise, he’d more expected her to burst into tears and possibly run off as she was prone to doing. He squeezed her back, holding in a sigh as she asked to drop it. So much for getting loads of answers out of her but he’d figured he’d only be able to probe so much anyway. She was at least tolerating it, it might be something he’d have to bring up at a later date, or maybe Silas should ask her. Probably best to tell him what was said and regroup. But for now Caroline wanted to think of less stressful things.

”Okay” he agreed, “but let me know if you want to talk about it” before he went to take her hand so they could go to the library. Lenny would hopefully get her back into good spirits. “Me and Silas….” Oh, she hadn’t really wanted to talk about him but he decided to forge on anyway. “We were talking about maybe visiting another city, getting away for a little bit” he suggested. “what do you think of that? We could always bring Lenny as well if you wanted” he figured she wouldn’t want to leave her new pet behind. They could take a carriage to be more comfortable and just have a good time the three of them. Although he was sure they’d have to take at least one knight.

”I‘d like to see more of the kingdom anyway and soon is a good time,“ he murmured, they wanted to distance her from Rayner but she could probably guess that. “Anywhere in particular you might think would be good? We could visit some of your friends?” He suggested. He didn’t know if any of them lived nearby but he would’ve thought so if they were friends. Where were Isabel and Sofia from? Maybe they could visit them, that might make her more likely to want to go.

Arthur seemed willing to drop the subject. Which was a relief, Causing her to nod. He then was taking her hand. Urging her towards the library, Which Caroline was glad to lead the way towards. It was something else to focus on. So, She then began walking. Except Arthur had more to talk about. He brought up Silas and Caroline feared this was a return to the previous topic. But no, His words caused her to glance back at him curiously. Leaving for a bit... It was a nice thought. But how would Rayner react to them going? She had already upset her father. Did she really want to risk upsetting him more?

Arthur seemed to want to leave though. Caroline couldn't blame him. Still, She began quietly. "I... I'm not sure If I should go. I.. I.. I should probable try to make up things with dad. " She expressed. Which well, Arthur likely would disagree with. She then quickly said. "Of course you and Silas can go, Honestly, It might make things easier to patch up if Silas is out of the house. " She explained. Except that ment Caroline would be alone with Rayner, Something Silas was unlikely to allow to happen. Especially not after that slap.

The two were soon enough reaching the library and Caroline let go of Arthur's hand. Soon moving towards the bookshelves. It had been sometime since she'd been here, But things must not have changed to much as she was soon reaching a particular shelf. Beginning to grab books that she thought might provide some help.

Caroline did not seem to understand the point of the trip. She wanted to stay behind and try and make things up with Rayner. The very thought made him tense up, there was no way they were goijg to leave her here alone with Rayner! They could talk To a knight, make extra clear that she was to be guarded at all times but even with that it’d be too stressful to go without her. “I don’t think that’s a good idea” he admitted, and even if Arthur hadn’t had a problem with it, Silas definitely would. She could try to patch things up with Rayner whilst they were around but Arthur just had a really bad feeling about it all.

”do you think it’s even possible to fix things with your father?” he asked her. ”he’s turned on you once, what’s to say he won’t do it again?” It just wasn’t safe for her and he understood that she‘d like to go back in time and not be in danger From her father but they’d crossed that threshold already. “No, there’s no way we’re leaving you here alone with him” surely she saw how ridiculous that was! Who knows what Rayner might do to her in their absence! And who knows how much she’d tell them about; she wasn’t known for sharing her troubles.

He watched her pull books out to help them find out what on Earth Lenny was and what he might need or want, leaning again a table as he watched her. “Do you even want to fix thing with your father? Besides removing the threat of violence, do you really want to be close to him again?” Rayner was her father, it was difficult to get rid of their years of history but he’d hurt her, turned on her and said nasty things about her that he couldn’t take back, did Caroline feel the same way about him that she had before? “I’m not going to try and stop you from patching things up” that’d be cruel if she truly wanted to, “but I don’t really like the idea of you speaking to him alone” although Rayner was certainly different around company. “And you have To tell me if he so much as lays a finger on you” he warned, “you're my wife, I need to know you’re okay”

Caroline's gaze fell when Arthur began talking, Seemed he did not approve of leaving her behind. Was it possible to fix things with her father? Caroline wasn't sure, But soon said. "I.. I have to try. " Or atleast, She wanted to try. She wanted things to be okay again. But Arthur was not eager to leave her alone. Caroline then turned to him. Books in hand and approaching the table to set them down. She then after a moment said. "It... It was my fault, I should have worded things differently. I shouldn't have pushed him. " It was always easy for Caroline it seemed to blame herself. Even when it was clear to everyone else she was not to blame.

Arthur insisted she not be alone with her father. That made things more difficult. Caroline knew her father, He acted different in front of others then when it was just him and her. But she understood Arthur's worry. Frowning for a moment. She finally nodded. Saying. "I will. " She then moved to sit down. Though she didn't open any of the books yet. Her thoughts were on her father. His words and the slap earlier. She hadn't realized tears were in her eyes and it felt like she'd been crying a lot lately. So she lifted her hand to try and wipe her eyes.

Caroline then told Arthur. "It... He turned on my so quickly... I know I spoke out of line, I shouldn't have. I won't again... But he just... " Caroline hated it, How fast he'd turned against her. Sure He'd always been a bit distance, But there had been moments of affection between them. When he'd behave like a loving father. Sniffling. She shook her head, Trying to focus else where. The books in front of her. Yeah, She could focus on that.

On the one hand, Arthur understood the sentiment of her having to try. It’d make her life a lot easier, would mean he’d worry less about her, it’d be one more thing off their plates but in the other hand she most certainly did not have to try, it meant she’d be looking over her shoulder for when he might turn on her again, there was no putting this back in the bag. He couldn’t say if she’d approached it badly, he hadn’t been there but if he had to bet, it didn’t matter how she’d brought it up. Rayner didn’t want any challenge to his authority or power and certainly not that power over Silas.

She insisted She would tell him if her father hurt her again but Arthur wasn’t sure if he believed her. It’s not that he got Caroline to be a liar, he just knew she tried not to make a fuss over certain things, that she wouldn’t want to upset anyone with this. And speaking of being upset, Caroline was. He watched as she teared up, it must have been quite a shock for her father to lash out like that, he was surprised she hadn't started sobbing sooner.

Arthur reached across to take her hand. “How can you be out of line trying to defend your brother?” He didn’t care that Rayner was king, it didn’t excuse his behaviour. “You weren’t out of line Caroline, he’s the one out of line. You might not like hearing it but it’s the truth. It wasn't right for him to treat you that way.“ Rayner was not allowed to dictate what she could and couldn’t speak about, she should not cow to him like he clearly wanted her to. But Arthur also knew that practically they should play along at least a little, but that was still Rayner winning. “You’re his daughter, he should treat you like he actually loves you” Arrhur said softly and to be honest he was doubting that Rayner loved anyone or anything besides hurting people and power. “Can you imagine treating this baby how he’s treated you?” He asked her, he couldn’t encision himself treating any child he had so cruelly. He knew he’d be bound to disagree with a child of his eventually, might not like what they said or did but he wouldn’t make them question their place his heart, he wouldn’t want them scared of him, never.

(so we’ve planned for a masquerade ball so that Lance and Gavin can have a dance together and for Ruth to also see them being sweet together. When should that happen? It could happen that night but I’m wondering if Lance will be acting strange because of the news about the pregnancy, maybe that will make him more eager to go? To forget about it and distract himself. Or maybe we should wait a few days for him to come to terms with the news? Gavin might ask why he’s acting funny but she might also put it down to them being in public, albeit masked)

(I like the idea of it being a few days later! But I imagine he might still be acting a bit off. So Gavin might still question him. )

Arthur did not seem to think such things were her fault. His touch on her hand was comforting. Though Caroline found herself keeping her gaze low. Struggling to look up at him. Arthur was making good points, But they were things that were hard to hear. Caroline then found herself saying weakly. "He... He does love us. In his own way. " She tried, Except if he did love her and Silas, Well, He'd never have harmed them. They would not be frightened of him. Arthur words were true, Caroline could not imagine treating her child in such a way. Especially not how he treated Silas. But that did not make things any easier.

Fixing things with him suddenly felt far harder. Maybe it wasn't possible, But she still felt the need to try. But Caroline did look up finally. Trying to wipe away any remaining tears as she said. "I... Could I have some time to think about it? Going on a trip? " Maybe some distance would be good. But the idea of leaving made her feel tense. Would the time and distance make things worse between her and her father? Or would it calm things down? Caroline wasn't sure. Was a bit scared to find out.

Caroline then finally let out a breath to try and calm her nerves. Not that it did much. She then flipped open the book. Hoping to try and use it to take her mind off the matter. Finding out her new Lizards friends species would hopefully cheer her up a bit. But the recent topics had been tense. It might be difficult to lighten the mood after such.

(Okay yeah. I think people Who know Lance are going to notice he’s acting a bit strange. I can see the king announcing that Caroline is pregnant then at the ball so there’s more celebration.
Also I figure that Gaheris by now is going to/has really initiated thing with Gareth by now so when it comes to the ball that is why he’s a bit more pleasant, not so pent up)

Arthur wasn’t going to argue on whether Rayner loved them or not although he’d say he didn’t, whatever Rayner felt for them, it wasn't love but he stayed quiet on that. He imagined Rayner saw them more as useful playing pieces, things that could benefit him rather than people he was meant to love unconditionally. He knew his own father had flaws, could be….less than kind sometimes what with making him whip Kay but Arthur didn’t doubt his father’s love for him.

Arthur squeezed her hand again. “Of course” he reassured her. They didn’t have to leave straight away and he’d prefer she came with them so of course she got some time fo think. Maybe other husbands wouldn’t give their wives such a choice, would just tell them they were going but Arthur didn’t want their relationship to be like that. yes, sometimes he wished that Caroline listened to him more but he wasnt her master nor did he wish to be.

Arthur took one of the other books to flip through although he wasn’t sure how good he’d be at identifying the lizard but he could give it s try. “tell me some facts about lizards“ he murmured, he didn’t know a great deal and hopefully it’d distract her snd cheer her up a bit. They’d worked so hard this morning to brighten her mood and now Arthur had ruined it by talking too much about Silas’ preferences and bringing up her father!

(Oh, I could see Lance just struggling to act normal when the king announces the pregnancy. Like it just sinking in how much danger he's in.
Gareth is going to be a mess. Like I could imagine him just being super quiet after. And maybe everyone just assuming his condition is getting worse?
Would you like to go ahead and skip to the ball? Or maybe we could play out Arthur going to talk with Silas after spending time with Caroline?)

Arthur was soon trying to cheer her up, Was asking her facts about lizards. And Caroline was honestly glad to take the direction. Glancing up in surprise at the question. She then after a moment smiled and said. "Well... Um.. Some Lizards, There tails grow back when they lose them! " She then thought for a moment before deciding to move so that she was sitting next to Arthur. Peering down at the book in front of them. She then continued. "And... Some lizards don't need to drink water, They get there water from there food! " Seeming to grow a bit more excited as she talked.

Caroline then was facing Arthur. Asking. "Did you know snakes can't blink? They don't have eyelids! Lizards can though. They have them. " She was explaining. Well, It seemed Arthur had a decent method for cheering Caroline up. Speaking of Lizards always seemed to put her in a better method. Caroline then paused for a moment before suddenly flipping threw the pages. Caroline then said excitably. "I've always wanted to see one of these. But I haven't found one yet. Its called a water dragon! " She explained. Gesturing towards a drawing of a lizard.

(Yeah, at least he’ll have a mask on though so people won’t be able to see how pale he’s gone!
I can see Gareth getting quieter yeah, Gaheris has definitely warned him to keep his mouth shut and not to talk to Agravain, but at the same time Caleb is due to have her baby soon so they might not notice as much as they’ve got a baby to look after.

We can skip to Arthur having A quick conversation with Silas if you want. Do you think Galehaut should be there? I imagine it’s just him complaining and asking Silas to speak to her because he’ll be able to get more out of her as she doesn’t want to talk to Arthur in case he starts hating Silas or something. Or maybe he’ll have to get Galehaut to talk to her. Ooh, maybe Silas and Galehaut have to approach her together almost as if they’re a couple under the guise of making sure she won’t tell anyone. But after that we can skip to the ball)

Caroline had seemingly cheered up a bit and in the end it wasn’t too difficult for Arthur to say he’d be back in a bit and leave her with Lenny. He made his way to Silas’ room although sort of dragging his feet. He knew Silas would want to know what she’d said, if he felt more comfortable and would tell her the truth but he didn’t feel it had been very successful and his stomach still twisted when he even thought about Caroline possibly knowing. He stopped out Silas’ door, wondering if Galehaut was still about. Would they still be snogging? No, it had been a set up but still….Arthur didn’t think he could entirely rule it out, half out of jealousy.

He couldn’t stand outside forever though and soon entered Silas’ room, not bothering to knock, and at this stage it almost felt like his room, he’d spent so much time here, more than his own, slept in bed with Silas far more than his wife since their arrival. He wondered what Caroline truly thought of that, not just of him not sharing a bed with her but with her brother in particular. He went to deflate onto the couch, pouting already. “It didn’t go great” he admitted. “She didn’t really want to talk about. She seemed scared on what I might say, how I might react to it which is something I should’ve expected I guess. And then she got wrapped up in what she was saying, thought maybe I’d judge her for her own views” it hadn’t really ended up being about Silas in the end. “I think you should talk to her” he suggested, turning puppy dog eyes on Silas. It had worked before, seemed quite effective, hoped it’d work again.

(Yeah, I imagine once the baby is born thats going to be a big focus for Agravain and Caleb. I could imagine Lance being the first to notice how quiet Gareth has been lately.

I like Galehaut being there! That def might mess with poor Arthur's jealousy. Oh, And them pretending to be a couple would be fun. Like I imagine they'll do a bunch of teasing with each other. )

Silas had lazily been relaxing on the couch. Busy reading a book to keep himself occupied when Arthur was walking in. The man didn't even bother to knock, How rude! Though Silas hadn't really been expecting him to. He watched as Arthur headed closer towards the couch. reminding him somewhat of a kicked puppy what with that face. Silas then sat up. Seemed Arthur hadn't gotten the answers he wanted. Something that caused Silas to roll his eyes.

Silas then said. "I mean, Her not wanting to talk about it is perhaps a better reaction then she could have had. " But it was perhaps hard to gauge her feelings off that. Arthur seemed to want him to speak with Caroline. Which made Silas frown before sighing. "Fine. " It seemed if he wanted things done right, He needed to do them himself.

Silas then stretched out for a moment, He then mused after a moment. "So, Is there anyone else you need me to makeout in front of? I'll admit, Maybe you weren't lying about Galehaut being good. " And at this point he was just teasing Arthur. Remembering the mans previous comment. It was always fun to mess with Arthur, Hard to keep himself from doing it!

(I can see Lance being worried about Gareth and maybe bringing it up to Gavin to see if she knows what’s going on.
Arthur is not going to be amused by them hanging out)

Silas wasn’t wrong, she could’ve shouted and said how she hated it and that it was disgusting but she’d been pretty calm all things considered. Silas was agreeing to speak to her though which made Arthur feel a bit better. But Silas had a way of grounding him quite like no one else, that comment had his cheeks heating up immediately and it only worsened as Galehaut started laughing. The knight was sat a bit further away, having been waiting with Silas for Arthur to inevitably return and find out how their plan had gone. Arthur felt like he was going to be hearing Galehaut’s laugh in his nightmares.

”oh Arthur, you said that?” Galehaut asked, grinning wide and leaning forward, the blush only made it funnier in his opinion. He got up and walked over. “How cute” Galehaut patronised earning a glare from Arthur. Galehaut reached a hand out, forcing Arthur’s chin up so he could fully see the irritation in his eyes and so Arthur could see just how smug he felt. “If it makes you feel any better, you were alright” Galehaut reassured the prince, letting his chin drop. “A bit noisy though, I’ll gag you next time” Galehaut continued with a wink which made Arthur go even darker. He never said there’d be a next time! But Galehaut seemed pretty confident. He did not want to be discussing this and certainly not in front of Silas, he might keep it going! He felt like he was dying, this was so embarrassing and he made a distressed noise, picking up a pillow to bury his face into. “I hate you” he muttered through the pillow which made Galehaut laugh again.

Arthur's blush was adorable. It made it so difficult not to mess with him. Something both Galehaut and Silas seemed to enjoy doing such as well. Silas then cooed softly. "Whats wrong Arthur? You were talking so fondly of him earlier. Weren't you going to put a good word in for me? " He said teasingly. Yeah, Silas was perfectly happy to rat Arthur out to Galehaut. The man was complaining about hating Galehaut. Face in his pillow and Silas thought it was certainly cute. Silas then patted Arthur on the shoulder before standing up. Looking back towards Galehaut.

He then suggested. "Alright, Perhaps we should leave Arthur alone. Would you like to join me in talking with Caroline? " He figured Arthur wouldn't be able to take to much more of Galehaut's teasing. So maybe he shouldn't leave the two alone. Silas then further explained. "It would make things more believable if you came with I feel. Said you were perhaps concerned about her telling? " Silas wasn't exactly shy. Caroline knew that about him. Of course, Galehaut didn't need to come with him. He could simply say he decided to go on Galehaut's behalf. But then that ment Arthur would be alone to suffer from Galehaut alone!

Silas then looked towards Arthur. Asking after a moment. "Would you want me to bring you back some water? You're looking a bit red faced. " He asked playfully as he walked towards the door. Hopefully the conversation with Caroline went well enough. He wasn't entirely sure what to expect from Caroline. It wasn't exactly a subject the two had ever talked about before.

He groaned into the pillow as Silas joined in on the fun. God he wished the two had never met. He couldn’t see it but Galehaut had a cheeky grin, eyebrow raised at Silas. Put in a good word. Like he was taking bookings, ha, Arthur was a lot of talk when it was just Silas it seemed. He hadn’t exactly expected his words to become known to Galehaut. Well, this is what he got for teasing Silas in the first place, Arthur couldn’t do that without consequences.

Galehaut did think that any more embarrassment then Arthur might never stop blushing so he shrugged “sure, I’ll come” going to give Arthur’s hair ruffle before moving after Silas towards the door. If they could sort this out for him then maybe he’d stop moping and just tell Caroline then Caroline didn't have to be led along. Bear in mind that Galehaut thought Arthur would be the father of her baby, he thought it was pretty mean of him to give her false hope like that.

Arthur scowled, removing the pillow from his face and chucking it at Silas as he teased him again. “Bring me back a better friend” he suggested instead, cheeks still flaming but crossed his arms over his chest, a bit childishly. Galehaut’s cheeks were starting to hurt from all his grinning and he just shook his head at the behaviour before going to seek out Caroline with Silas. Maybe by the time they came back then Arthur would no longer be blushing but at least his embarrassment gave him a break from the nerves of what she was going to say.

Silas let out a small squeak as he barely managed to dodge the pillow. Gasping in mock horror. "I'm hurt! I thought I was your favorite friend. " He though soon was grinning. Sticking his tongue out at Arthur before hurrying out the door. Glancing back at Galehaut as he walked. Oh, The two of them certainly knew how to torment Arthur. It helped that the man was adorable when he blushed. Though Silas tried to shake the thought from his mind. No, Instead he was focusing ahead. Caroline's room was not far, And he was soon stopping in front of it. Reaching up and knocking on the door.

It didn't take long before he heard the sound of the door opening. "Arthur, Your already b-" But she trailed off when she spotted Silas and Galehaut. Looking for a moment surprised. Perhaps a bit uncertain as well. But Silas was soon saying. "Hey, Caroline. We uh- Wanted to talk to you for a moment. " He said, Glancing towards Galehaut. Before smiling. "Mind if we come in? " He asked. Caroline paused for a moment. Biting her lip before nodding. Moving aside so they could enter. She waited until both men walked in before she finally closed the door. Turning and facing Silas. Silas was already preparing to speak, But alas- Caroline was first to speak. Cutting him off. "Silas. You need to learn to lock the freaking door. " She said. Not looking at all pleased.

Caroline then said. "What if someone else walked in? Arthur saw you! Did you even realize that! Oh dear, What must he be thinking. " The last part she said more to herself then to Silas. And well... Silas couldn't help but find the entire situation a bit funny. He let Caroline continue. The young woman complaining. "This isn't the first time something like this has happened! You never lock the door when you have a partner with you. This is the third time I've walked in on you! Thank goodness you were both still wearing clothing. " She had not been so luck the previous times. It was as if Silas was trying to show off! The young man simply snickered and pointed out. "Well, If you weren't so rude and actually knocked. Maybe you wouldn't walk into stuff like that. " He said easily. His tone joking. He did have a point. It was a bit rude to walk in without even knocking on the door.

Silas was one of Arthur’s only friends, especially here but he could be quite annoying. Teamed up with Galehaut? They were insufferable. But Galehaut had seen them tease each other, thought it was a lot more like flirting than they maybe realised but he wasn’t going to point it out to them just yet, they were enough of a mess as it was so far. Right now it was Galehaut’s chance to act as Silas’ paramour though. Caroline seemed a little surprised to see them, expecting Arthur but she let them in anyway.

She was right that Silas should lock his door because it seemed in the past she‘d walked in and he doubted they’d been set ups. Arthur was right about her being worried about his reaction though. “Sweetie, maybe we shouldn’t annoy her, I don’t really want this getting out” Galehaut spoke up, playing up his part and putting a note of worry and distress in his voice. “Caroline, I understand it may have been….distressing for you to walk in on us but I….Im No different than before you knew. Please I…I care about your brother. I understand if you think we’re wrong, disgusting but please don’t tell” Galehaut Went to take Silas’ hand and squeeze as if he were frightened and worried.

He might be laying it On a bit thick but he thought He might as well play up to the part, plus it might be nice to see if he could get Silas to react as well. They’d been teasing Arthur but he could switch it to Silas. ”my family will hate me if this gets out, Alexander will fire me! Oh” he made a distressed sound and moved away from Silas to sit down dramatically and bury his head in his hands. He was probably quite Enjoying the acting. “My life will be over”

Galehaut was soon acting and yeah, It was fairly obvious to Silas he was enjoying such. He certainly knew how to make things dramatic! Caroline seemed alarmed when Galehaut addressed her. Quickly ensuring. "I-I wouldn't t-" Then Galehaut was taking Silas's hand, And well, That actually managed to earn a slight blush from Silas. But it didn't last long. For Galehaut was soon continuing his distressed act and Caroline was quickly saying. "Galehaut, Its okay. I promise, I won't tell anyone. I-I wouldn't do that to either of you. " She was promising. And at that point Silas walked over towards Galehaut. Well, He probably should contribute to this little act. Leaning down to wrap his arms around Galehaut. Speaking softly. "See sweetheart, I told you she wouldn't say anything. " He said.

He then glanced up at Caroline. Continuing. "He got so worried after you walked in that you'd tell on us. That you'd hate us... " Silas trailed off. Maybe they both were laying things on a bit thick. Luckily Caroline did not catch on. She then shook her head. Saying. "Its... Not my place to judge your relationship. " She'd had a relationship with Lance, She didn't think she got to judge. Caroline then glanced at Silas for a moment. Before continuing. "I've known how Silas is for a while. I... As long as you both are careful. I see nothing wrong with it. " Caroline knew atleast a bit of Silas's relationship with Ronan, Had had time to accept it. This... Wasn't actually that surprising to her.

Silas couldn't help but find it a bit comforting to hear those words. While he hadn't been expecting any kind of anger from Caroline. She could have still surprised him. Caroline then found herself asking. "Did... Did you both talk to Arthur yet? He saw as well. " He hadn't seemed like he'd tell. But Caroline still had some worries. Was he acting odd with Silas and Galehaut? Or was he the same as normal? Galehaut was a knight of his... Would this effect him?

See, Arthur didn’t need to worry about Caroline, she was taking it all quite well and promising not to tell. Silas played along and Galehaut uncovered His face, putting a hand over Silas’ arms to accept the ‘comfort’ as he sniffled. Caroline was refusing to judge them, at least out loud, maybe she didn’t agree with it but she didn’t seem like she’d voice it. If anything she seemed more concerned with protecting her brother, with making sure he locked his door and Didn’t let anybody else know.

Galehaut glanced up at Silas as Caroline brought up Arthur. Well, where should they go with this? Galehaut decided to take the lead. “we….we talked to him” Galehaut said, keeping his voice wobbly and going to wipe his eyes a little. “He said he wouldn’t tell. He… I thought he’d send me home, tell his father or something but…he….he was really nice“ Galehaut decided to go with. “He promised he didn’t see us any differently. If only everyone could react like that” and Galehaut turned it up a notch, his sniffles evolving into emotional tears. Wow maybe he should’ve been an actor with how easily he could force himself to cry.

”so you don’t hate us?” Galehaut wanted to check. “You can tell me, you wouldn’t be the first“ He even did a small little hiccup, trying to get air in through the tears. ”I know it’s different, Silas is your brother, you love him! But me? I’m Just some stranger. I just don’t want to be lied to, I can take it, you can tell me how wrong it is what we were doing. Just please don’t lie to me. You can keep quiet for Silas, for us, but you don’t have to pretend it doesn’t make you sick” He tapered the tears off a little, going to wipe his eyes again. Maybe he should’ve gone angry, might make her more likely to spill something but well, he’d made his choice.

Silas let Galehaut take over, The man certainly had his act down and so Silas focused on pretending to comfort him. He'd need to complement Galehaut after! the man knew what he was doing when it came to acting. Caroline seemed to relax when Galehaut explained Arthur's own reaction. He hadn't been mad, Hadn't punished his knight. It was a relief and Caroline hoped such did not change. She'd worried about Arthur and Silas's relationship. But it seemed to still be holding strong. The question was soon being directed towards her and Galehaut seemed to become increasingly upset.

Caroline then said softly. "Galehaut, I'm not going to hate you over this. " Her tone gentle. A attempt to provide some form of comfort. She then walked over to take a seat near him. Glancing at her brother for a moment before focusing on Galehaut. She then said. "I... I don't understand your desires. But I don't need to. No ones getting hurt and I know your both good men. Thats good enough for me. Just... Lock the door from now on? Yes? " She encouraged. Hopeful to stop his tears.

Silas then gently nudged Galehaut. Murmuring. "See, I told you she wouldn't hate us. " His voice soft and affectionate. He then looked at Caroline and seemed amused. Suddenly saying. "I'm surprised though you don't have more to say, I still expected more of a scolding or some questions. " Caroline seemed rather calm about everything. But once more, Silas did not think this was that much of a surprise for her. Caroline paused at that. looking between them before asking. "Are you... Both going to be in a relationship now? How... Would that work? " Caroline assumed the same as how her and Lance had been together, A lot of sneaking around. She didn't think she could recall Silas being in a relationship with someone. Normally just one night stands. But the two seemed rather lovey dovey with each other.

Caroline was sticking to her guns and insisting she wouldn't hate them, that she was fine with it although admittedly didn’t understand it. What was there to understand? They were ‘in love’, obviously they weren’t really but attraction was attraction, male or female. Galehaut decided it was best to tone down the waterworks so went back to sniffling, nodding at Silas’ reassurance, wiping his eyes one more time and relaxing a bit. He believed Caroline, she seemed honest enough but Silas was testing her to see if there was any more they could get out of her.

Galehaut glanced at Silas as she asked about them being in a relationship, well they had made it look that way so they could hardly say no and they’d already been so affectionate with each other in front of her. She was asking how things worked though and that question could be taken in two ways and Galehaut, being who he was, decided to go with the more awkward interpretation. He let himself blush, glancing at Silas A bit bashfully. “Uh, it doesn’t work that different from a man and a woman, granted we’re uh….built differently” Galehaut said. “I’m sure you don’t need the biology lesson but if you really want to know….“ Galehaut smiled a little sheepishly, making sure to grab Silas’ hand again. Yeah, Caroline had probably not been asking how it worked in the bedroom.

“if you’re worried, let me reassure you that I really care for your brother” he insisted, going to pull Silas’ hand closer and give his hand a lingering kiss and offer him a tender gaze. “We’ll be more careful in the future but I’m glad someone knows, that you accept us. It means a lot to me that you, as Silas’ family, haven’t shunned our relationship” Galehaut was probably laughing on the inside. ”He‘s so sweet to me” he explained to Caroline, “when he’s not being a brat” he added affectionately. “But he’s my brat”

Users who are viewing this thread

Back