• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fantasy I Was Fine Until You

Oh Agravain was expecting traps, Loth wouldn’t be Loth without them, but well, Chris would be there so hopefully any trap that was set off would be set off by him. Maybe that was mean ro say but Agravain had a baby on the way, if any of them were more expendable and deserving of death then it was Christopher obviously! Agravain was Loth’s son so he might be able to get into his mindset and figure out where the traps would be placed though. They could scout the place out first before approaching though, they could take their time if need be, Caleb might start asking questions if they kept disappearing though. He could claim he was taking Chris to train though, probably actually should but they’d deal with that later.

”eventually isn’t the same as right now” Agravain muttered, “I just need some time before I tell her anything,” he explained and maybe Chris would be more content with that if he figured Agravain would tell Caleb something eventually. Maybe he wouldn’t tell her about the killing of his father’s men, but he might tell her about the experiments and the cabin. Although, Loth had taken Caleb and given her to Noah and Derek so she might understand having to wipe out those loyal to Loth.

He looked at Chris a bit disdainfully at the mention of money but eventually rolled his eyes. “Sure, whatever” It didn’t really bother him and maybe Caleb would be happy he was playing nice. “It’s not like I can buy her a dress” Agravain pointed out. “Besides, she’ll get to use the weapon eventually” She’d just have to wait a little. Oh, maybe they could look for baby’s first sword? Ooh, what would be really cute would be a little rattle shaped like a mace. Maybe they had a shirt that said ‘daddy’s little knight’ they’d have to see. Agravain pushed forward to look at the stalls, not all weapons were meant for use anyway, some were more ceremonial, they could find something nice and hang it on the wall. “She said she’d like to learn how to use heavier weapons” he told Chris, “keep an eye out for a good two handed sword” Maybe they’d find one that was still a bearable weight. And oh, something did catch his eye as he swept his gaze over the stalls. An exquisite silver dagger, gleaming wickedly in the sun. It’s handle was intricate, a sort of weaving pattern but it wasn’t too garish, not inlaid with useless jewels, except for a sapphire encased in the almost lattice pattern of the hilt, catching the light and almost making it glow. It looked functional but beautiful. Much like Caleb, so he figured he’d just had to get it for her, signalling to the seller that he’d like to buy it. She could probably use a dagger before a knife anyway, she could use it to cut herself some cheese or something if she really wanted to! Agravain decided he’d look for something more intimate now which might embarrass Christopher but he didn’t have to know what it was for! They did have wobble the dog so a collar could be the for the puppy! Except Christopher had heard them flirt so he could probably guess.

Agravain seemed to be willing to tell Caleb eventually, Which Chris supposed was better then nothing. Hopefully he'd be able to convince Agravain to do it soon then later. The man was soon grinning brightly at Agravain's agreement to pay. What? Who didn't like free stuff? It seemed Agravain was set on finding Caleb something nice. It was sweet and Christopher tried to resist a amused chuckle. Soon promising. "I'll keep on the lookout. " He promised. Before beginning his own search. This would be his first mace. Sure, He had a sword. But training. His mentor had always deemed maces as very crude weapons. There were other reasons that made him hesitate. But he had pushed such thoughts to the side.

Eventually he had glanced up, Agravain by then had a pretty dagger in his hand. A lovely thing. But Christopher did not think it very much fit him. Agravain at times was rather... Barbaric. So he figured the weapon likely was for Caleb. Then, Agravain was moving away. And Christopher was a bit confused. Until he noticed what stand Agravain was seeking out. One selling a variety of items. But most importantly, A few dog collars. Yeah, Christopher easily knew what Agravain was after. It was something that made his cheeks heat up at the idea of. So he quickly drew his gaze away.

Christopher then stated. "I uh- I'm not seeing anything thats really catching my eye. We should, Uh- Probable head back. " He'd very much prefer for Agravain to shop for such things when Christopher wasn't here! But for some reason, He figured leaving wasn't going to be so easy. Agravain probable wouldn't leave until he had completely finished shopping. Oh dear, What kind of stores would Agravain drag him into? Chris didn't really want to think about it. Cheeks still very flushed in embarrassment.

Agravain wasn’t really on to go out shopping a lot, not like this so he might take his time and yes he might drag Christopher to some embarrassing places. He would say that Christopher needed to grow a back bone but to be fair to Chris he was trying to avoid such things. “You’ve barely even looked” Agravain said, waving dismissively as he looked over the collars. And oh, would you look at that, Agravain was having a lucky day because there was a studded one with a simple letter A on it. So. He purchased that collar, and he figured he might as well get a little one for wobble whilst he was here. See, he wasn’t just looking for inappropriate things!

He was mainly though because he bought a riding crop as well, that he didn’t intend on using for his horse, before slipping into a more….private shop. Well, no one said Chris had to follow him! He could stay out in the street if he really wanted but if he’d not realised where Agravain was going, it might look a bit odd to walk in and immediately walk back out. Maybe Chris would be busy looking at the maces instead, probably best for him. Agravain was browsing the shop, he figured he wouldn’t have much opportunity to go shopping like this once the baby was born, he’d be too busy so might as well stock up now. He picked out some nice cuffs for someone to be tied down with, a body harness sort of thing that he thought Caleb would look fantastic in, it’s not like frilly lacy things were really her style after all, and he was about to leave it at that when yet another thing caught his eye. You see, Caleb was clearly quite dominant in the bedroom, Agravain was happy to let her be, knew that should he exert some power then it might bring back some bad memories, and Caleb had also been masquerading as a man for much of her life so really this item made a lot of sense for the couple, a strap on item which would make Caleb more….masculine in the bedroom. Agravain actually didn’t know what possessed him, it wasn’t like it was something he’d discussed with Caleb but he was buying it before his reasoning caught up with him. Good thing Agravain had a bag, these weren’t the sort of things you went about flaunting. At least Chris it meant that Agravain was done shopping for private items. So Agravain was exiting the shop and back out on the street. “Come on, pick out a mace and then we should head back” he told Chris, he figured Caleb wouldn’t be out for too long herself, she’d probably find the castle a bit overwhelming since she’d been so hesitant to return. Agravain didn’t know if Chris planned on staying the night again but he figured they’d swing by the castle either way to meet up with Caleb and Lance and then Chris could decide if he wanted to part ways for now or stay with them. If he had to guess? Chris might want some time apart from him in the hopes that he’d be left out of any more exploring. Well fat chance There.

Chris couldn't help but let out a long sigh. Well, It seemed he wasn't going to be able to convince Agravain to leave early. No, Agravain only seemed to get more adventurous with his shopping. Which well... Chris didn't very much want to be apart of. Cheeks flushed. He had soon decided to leave Agravain alone. Instead attempting to focus on his own shopping. Maces. Searching threw them. Eventually he found one though. Knew it was the right choice as soon as he picked it up. The weight felt good and Chris instantly knew any hit with it would be a devasting blow. But that was also something that made him hesitate. His thoughts going elsewhere and he didn't even notice when Agravain returned to his side. The sound nearly making him jump.

His gaze briefly glancing down to the bag in Agravain's hands and he couldn't help but wrinkle his nose. Did he want to ask? No, He decided he very much did not want to know. Instead murmuring gently. "This is the one. " He was getting it. Though he fell quiet as Agravain paid. Murmuring a small thank you and beginning to trail after Agravain. Back to there horses. Time to go see Caleb and the others. Chris found his gaze flickering up to Agravain. He then spoke up. "Hey Agravain? Can I ask you something? "

By then they had reached there horses. And Chris climbed up on his. He then asked Agravain. "Have you... Ever accidentally hurt someone when sparring? Like, Badly? " Agravain fought similar to him. Strength with a powerful weapon. Even sparring could be very dangerous with such. Especially with proper weapons. Though, Knowing Agravain he might not care if he damaged his opponent. Chris did though. He could feel a twisting feeling in his gut at the thought.

At least Chris got something nice out of today, maybe if Agravain also treated him next time then he might be more willing to stay quiet but Agravain wasn’t sure he wanted to start a habit of buying Chris’ silence. They walked to the horses and Agravain was busy loading his saddlebag when Chris spoke up. He glanced at him curiously but also with a frown. “People get hurt all the time when sparring” he Said which was true, waving around such dangerous weapons someone was bound to get hurt but: “no, not really” he said with A shrug. He’d never hurt someone badly by accident. “Training with Gawain, or even Alexander and Loth, they were always better fighters than me so there was less to worry about and most people are quicker too so that helps” When training, before he’d gotten all his strength and skill, it hadn’t been too difficult for people to move out of the way of immense injury.

“You have to be careful” he admitted. “Like with Caleb for example, she’s quick, I know that, but one good swipe from my sword and I’d cut her in half so it’s best not to go full out in a spar, not if you care about the person opposite you” he advised. “What about you? Ever hurt someone badly by accident?” He asked, swinging up onto his mare and urging them onto the road. Is that why Chris had held back? Clearly something had brought this worry to his mind. It wasn’t unheard of, people getting badly injured and maces could do some serious damage but it was part of the job, Chris had to get used to it and learn to control himself better really. Maybe those battling him should wear better armour? Or be better trained? It wasn’t too much Chris’ fault if his opponent was incompetent.

Agravain looked at Chris curiously. “When you go wrong, it’s not a sign to swear off what you’ve done and never return to it. It’s a sign to practice, make yourself better so it doesn’t happen again“ he explained. If Chris didn’t train with a weapon he thought might badly hurt someone then he’d guarantee that he would hurt someone with it when the time came. Lance was unfortunately right then, they needed to work on his confidence.

Chris couldn't help but find himself frowning a bit at Agravain's words. Maybe a bit surprised by them. He'd have expected Agravain to have caused plenty of accidents. But it seemed he was more restrained then that. Chris was soon following after Agravain. Glancing away at the question. Quiet for a few moments before he confessed. "Once, When I was a squire. I thought he was faster then me, That he'd be able to block the blow. " Chris trailed off a bit. Lost in the thought of a old memory. Soon shaking his head. He then told Agravain. "He survived, But was maimed pretty badly. " He told quietly. It was something Chris constantly struggled to shake off.

Chris kept pace with Agravain. This was perhaps not the best line of conversation to go down. It was heavy and made Chris feel tense. But... It was also nice to speak of it. Chris then told Agravain. "I know I need to get over it, Move on. But it just... The whole time I was sparring yesterday. All I could think about was it. That if I overestimate someones speed. If I'm not careful... " Sure, Lance and Agravain were skilled. But it only took one small mistake. Agravain was perhaps big and tough enough that he could probable take a blow. But Lance? He was strong but Chris wasn't sure how well he'd handle a full on blow from a mace.

Chris was then looking ahead. It gave him something to focus on. Chris then told Agravain. "My mentor always used to say I'd go to far again one day. That it was just in my nature. I... Don't want that to be the case. " It seemed Chris's mentor probable had instilled a lot of bad habits in Chris. His mentor had been training him since he was six. Was perhaps more of a parental figure in his life. It was no surprise that his words would effect him. Perhaps it was good that Agravain and Lance both seemed interested in his training. Perhaps they'd be able to fix what Chris's mentor had clearly messed up.

So Agravain’s guess was right. It was an unfortunate event but accidents happened, Chris had to move past it, and at least he hadn’t killed the guy. If it had been a real fight at least then Chris would’ve been okay, sometimes it was alright not to hold back but Agravain could perhaps understand his struggle more than someone else would. And it was clearly still in his head from whenever it had happened and they could tell it was holding him back, Melodias had mentioned that Chris wasn’t using his full potential. Lance had seemed to get him to try a bit harder but maybe he could push even further.

Now Agravaun wouldn’t mind if Lance was horribly hurt during a sparring session, obviously he’d prefer to be the one to do it but that was more semantics. If Chris hurt him then lovely, Caleb wouldn’t even be able to blame Agravain but still: “you don’t need to worry about me and Lance” he told him. “I’m not some little boy” he promised, it would take a considerable blow to really damage Agravain. “And Lance? He’s not that cocky for nothing, you’ll be lucky if you touch him” Agravain dismissed, he didn’t like to admit it but Lance was one of their best knights. It would be impressive fo see Christopher face him without holding back Although Agravain still didn’t think he’d be able to do much damage if any at all.

He frowned as Christopher talked about his mentor. “He shouldn’t have said that to you” he said. He knew what it was like to have someone fret about how far he might go like Gareth had. But at least those that trained him didn’t try to hold him back and knock his confidence or instill that sort of fear into him. “Obviously you need to be careful but I’m sure what happened was an accident. I mean, unless you were trying to bash his brains in. Were you? You can tell me. Anyway, look, it doesn’t matter, do you think it’s part of your nature? Do you want to hurt people like that? That’s all you need to know”

Agravain was right. Lance and Agravain were skilled knights. It would not be so easy for Chris to hurt them. Christopher would be okay fighting them. He just needed to get over these fears. Hopefully sparring with Agravain and Lance might help such nerves. Christopher then looked at Agravain. Shaking his head. "No, I... I'd never want to hurt a friend like that. " Christopher then seemed to think about the next question. It took him a time before he answered. Telling Agravain. "I want to be a good knight. I don't want to just go around hurting people. But I worry he might be right. When I'm fighting. Its just.. With all the adrenal. Its easy to go to far. " He didn't intend to go to far. But in the heat of the moment it happened. But Chris supposed that was true for many people. In actual battle things were intense.

Christopher then sheepishly told Agravain. "When I was still a squire. I really wanted to be like Gawain. Like, I'd heard the stories about him. I'd never had the courage to actually speak to him. " That probable wasn't surprising. Gawain was well known and respected. A lot of people probable wanted to be like him. Christopher had looked up to Agravain a bit he supposed. But while Gawain came off as friendly and welcoming. Agravain was scary and a lot of his behaviors were examples of what Chris didn't want to be. He didn't want people to be scared of him.

Christopher then found himself asking. "Are all the stories about yours and Gawain's adventures true? I know sometimes people exaggerate at times. " He couldn't help but feel his cheeks heat up at the question. Embarrassed by it. Though it was likely something Agravain got asked a lot. There were plenty of stories about him that seemed far more fantasy then true. He'd heard tales of Gawain slaying a dragon, Were those stories true? Chris didn't know how well he himself would hold up against such a beast. Especially not alone. Without thinking. He found himself asking. "Are dragons real? " Though as soon as he said it, He realized how ridicule such a question was. Soon looking even more flustered.

Chris, at his core, didn’t want to hurt people, so he was worrying for nothing. His body shouldn’t betray him and with experience he’d know how to stop himself from going too far. It could be difficult with adrenaline and emotions but it was something every knight had to deal with, Chris was no special exception. “It’s be easier to go too far if you were a better fighter” Agravain muttered but it seemed almost teasing. Chris shouldn’t have to worry too much against the more experienced knights.

And speaking of experienced knights, Chris had looked up to Gawain, he guessed a lot of knights probably did, himself included. Of course he’d grown up wanting to be like his big brother and Gawain? Well he was certainly legendary and his reputation was well known. But Agravain had never had the chance to be intimidated by him, he knew Gawain too well for that, had seen him wiping drool and sick off their sibling’s faces, seen him trip over an untucked chair, heard him make bad jokes. Gawain might be a legend to others but to him he was still just his brother.

He arched an eyebrow as Chris asked a stupid question. “Yeah, and unicorns too” he said sarcastically. “Some stories are exaggerated” he told Chris. “But Gawain? He always managed to go on the craziest quests. A lot of his adventures are too crazy to be made up” he promised him. “I swear he has some of the strangest luck” he was always stumbling into treasure and falling into trouble. “So, no, dragons aren’t real, but I could still believe that Gawain’s managed to kill one” His brother was just like that. “But, I think we’ll lay off quests for a bit” he said. “Once Gawain gets back he probably won’t want to leave us so soon and I’ll obviously have a baby to look after and my siblings” he explained. “But, hopefully, me and Caleb will be able to go on a quest in the relatively near future. She’s never been on one but I think she’d enjoy it and I’m sure I can convince the king or Antonio that she’s capable enough. We’ll just need to get a babysitter”

Chris couldn't help but look down when Agravain spoke, Yeah. He knew very well it was a silly question. But he couldn't help it! He was curious! He did listen curiously to the man speak. His head tilting to the side. Perhaps when Gawain returned he'd get to properly meat him. Maybe Caleb could introduce him! Though that might be a bit embarrassing. Chris then pointed out gently. "I don't think you need to worry so much about that. Melodias will probable gladly take over watching the baby. " Frankly, Melodias and Gawain might fight over who got to babysit. It would be interesting to see who would win in the end!

--
Speaking of Caleb. Chris and Agravain might encounter her a bit earlier then they expected. For Caleb was already preparing to leave the castle. She'd greeted those who she had wanted to meet. But her anxieties had weighed heavily on her. She'd faced this. But she didn't want to linger on it. But that wasn't to say things were completely calm. Gavin was to be joining the group on the way home. Something that certainly made her uncomfortable. Agravain no doubt wouldn't be pleased to see the woman. But Caleb tried to be rid of those thoughts.

Gavin wasn't alone. She had managed to find a knight to join them on the journey. Extra protection. Caleb could very well see how she had managed to gather him. The man was frankly smitten with her, And all Gavin had to do was bash her eye lashes a little. She didn't even encourage his flirting! Was only polite. But the poor man seemed very much in love. Caleb half figured the man would be trying to flirt with her the entire ride. Which truly was a bit in poor taste. She was recently widowed!

Caleb was still preparing her horse. Muttering quietly to Lance. "Are you sure we can't just run now? Pretend we forgot to bring her? " She asked, Which, Yeah. No, It had been the kings order. He wouldn't be pleased if they disobeyed him. Especially right now when his wife was in labor. Best to just obey for now. So she then focused on her horse. Climbing up into the saddle and glancing towards Gavin. The woman was politely listening to the knight she had gotten. He was close to her, Flirting and Caleb couldn't help but roll her eyes at the sight. Ditching them was suddenly seeming a lot more tempting.

Lance hadn’t expected to stay at the castle for a long time, he figured Caleb wouldn’t want to be around most of the knights and certainly not for a long time. So, he‘d gathered Galahad pretty soon after his departure from Gavin and now here they were saddling up their horses. The other knight was….annoying frankly. Except, not annoying in probably the same way Caleb found him. Sure, Lance didn’t like rhe extra reminder that he was there because Gavin didn’t trust him and he did think the flirting was unnecessary and a bit much but….he was also jealous. God he wished he wasn’t but he was. The way the knight just so easily aired his affections for her. And it’s not like Lance had deep affections for Gavin, they’d only kissed, but there was something about her that had his head spinning. Maybe it was all the conflicting emotions and change in attitudes they kept having towards each other? Anyway, the knight made him a bit green in envy and a bit annoyed that someone was flirting with her although he knew that he’d been like this towards other women, not recently widowed women but well, it’s not like he could judge now.

He did his best to ignore it and glanced at Caleb at the tempting suggesting. “As much as I’d like to, I don’t think it’s wise” he murmured. Alexander wouldn’t be happy, and maybe neither would Agravain. He wasn’t on the best terms with Gavin but she was still his sister. And speaking of, this flirting knight might get punched by Agravain if he kept flirting with Gavin, although whether Gavin would appreciate his meddling was another thing. “Come on, the quicker we get going, the quicker she’ll leave our side for Gareth’s“ he muttered, going to place his son on the horse and swing up after him. He guessed Gabriel wasn’t joining Them, Gavin would say she didn’t trust him around her and it’s not like she was leaving for that long a time, the girl probably was fairly used to servants looking after her as well.

”Dios mio, and I thought I was a serial flirter” Lance complained. “You think you can see where we’re going with those hearts in your eyes?” Lance jabbed at the other knight as he set his horse off. This might be a bit of an uncomfortable ride. Especially with the addition of Agravain who they spotted soon enough. It was going to be tense and frosty to say the least. Gavin and Lance had tension. Agravain and Lance had tension, Gavin and Agravain had tension. It was a tension triangle! At least Agravain might scare the other knight into piping down though. Agravain urged his horse forward to meet them, looking at Gavin with a frown. “Aren’t you meant to be confined to the castle?” Agravain said and let his eyes sweep to Caleb. “Don’t tell me you’re breaking her out“ not that he figured that was the case, he didn’t get the feeling that Gavin and Caleb were big fans of each other. No, he could guess that Gavin had requested to see Gareth, it wasn’t unreasonable so he focused back on his wife, he didn’t really care to speak to the rest of them. “Enjoy your time at the castle?” He inquired.

Seemed Lance was just as eager to escape the situation as Caleb. Hopefully Gavin would leave early in the morning! That way she'd be out of all their hairs. While the other knight assisted Gavin up onto her own horse. "Are you sure you don't want to ride with me Ma'am? " He asked with a grin. But Gavin just shook her head. "No thank you, But I appreciate the offer. " She informed gently. Though the two were soon interrupted by Lance. The knight simply raised his eyebrow at Lance, Perhaps a bit visibly confused. Lance tended to be more of a wingman of sort. But the knight simply brushed it off as teasing. Meanwhile Gavin had the curtesy to blush a bit. But both were soon following after the others. setting off on the road.

Traveling, It didn't take very long before the small group was meeting up with Agravain and Chris. And well... Wasn't this a tense little party! Gavin was looking away. Avoiding eye contact with her brother. Then he was speaking and Caleb couldn't help but huff. "Hardly, " Gavin and Caleb didn't exactly like eachother, So no, Caleb had no intention of freeing her. Gavin then explained. "I wished to see Gareth. Recent developments have made me worry about him. " Aka, Lance. Which the group probable could figure out well enough. Things weren't so awful though. Caleb was soon enough smiling at her husband. "It was nice, But more importantly, I see you brought Chris back in one piece! " She spoke teasingly. Caleb was so proud! Her husband hadn't strangled her friend!
She then was looking towards Chris. Musing. "He didn't terrorize you too much, Did he? " She questioned. And Chris was soon awkwardly smiling. "No, Not too much. " He said, Only half joking really.

meanwhile, As the family caught up, Gavin kept her distance. Things with Agravain had not gone well. But the knight had seemed to let up flirting with her. Perhaps due to Agravain's arrival. Except no, Because the man had slowed his horse down to ride beside Lance. Grinning at Lance. "D*mn, That womans fine. You seen the way she's been smiling at me? I think I might got myself a chance with her. " He said, And oh, Lance was not the person he wanted to be speaking about this with. It was a very bad idea.

Maybe Lance was being mean, it’s not like he really had a shot with Gavin and he shouldn’t even want one but he couldn’t help his irritation and jealousy. Luckily they were on their way and Agravain was soon distracting them. Agravain glanced at Lance as Gavin mentioned being worried about Gareth, he could guess what she was on about. ”I did say I’d try” he murmured to Caleb as she said about bringing Chris back in one piece and then it seemed they were all ready to continue on their journey. Agravain made sure to stick by Caleb’s side. He was glad to see his sister wasn’t doing too badly but they were still miffed with each other and he didn’t think that’d end any time soon, still, he was willing to be civil if only to keep others out of their business.

Lance looked over to the knight, sort of incredulously, as he was addressed. “Tell me you're kidding” Lance scoffed. “She’s just been widowed. There is no way you have a chance and I really don’t think you should be trying,” Lance told him. And okay to be fair, the knight maybe didn’t know about the true extent of her crimes since they’d been blamed on her husband but she was still under house arrest so he had to know something! “I don’t think she’s flirting back with you” he told him, and he hoped that was true but she hadn’t seemed overly interested to him. “and even if she was, you’d do well to steer clear, Agravain is protective over his family. Unless of course you’re willing to face him?” Maybe the knight would be, people did crazy things for those they fancied, but he really didn’t see this going anywhere, hopefully.

”Trust me when I tell you she’s trouble” Lance said to the other knight. “You’ll find some other pretty girl, let this one go” Not that he would’ve listened to such advice and he’d certainly gotten very similar advice on multiple occasions. The knight was right about one thing though, Gavin was fine and he couldn’t help but find himself looking at her. Wow, he really needed to learn to control his feelings better and to be attracted to people better for his health. Caleb would slap him silly if he mentioned his thoughts to her, at least he wasn’t grinning like an idiot whilst he watched her, he wasn’t that deep in.

The knight couldn't help but roll his eyes a bit at Lance's words. He then pointed out. "Exactly, She's widowed. So she's probable lonely. Thus she could use a shining knight to sweep her off her feet. " He told. Hey! She was totally flirting back with him. He was a catch. His gaze then flickered towards Agravain. Sure the man was dangerous. But he couldn't actually murder him. He was a fellow knight! No, He didn't think he needed to worry that much. The knight then snickered gently. "I like trouble. " He informed. Admiring Gavin from afar.

He then mused. "Besides, What kind of man would I be if I didn't try my luck? If theres any time to try, its now." Gavin was probable lonely and could use a shoulder to cry on. He'd happily be that shoulder. He then decided he was done with speaking to Lance. Clearly Lance wasn't in the mood to give him any advice. Thus he was soon catching up to Gavin. Grinning. "You know, I don't need to just escort you to your brothers place. I'm happy to stay the night to keep guard if you need me. " He said, And Gavin shook her head. "Thats generous of you. But I'll be okay. Besides, I would not want to bother you further. " She spoke gently.

The knight then purred. "I'd never be bothered by you my dear. Please, I insist. It would be my honor to guard you. " He insisted. Gavin seemed to consider the offer for a moment. A guard could be useful, But Gavin felt fairly safe at the house. Gaheris would be there. He'd be able to protect her. She also wasn't very interested in encouraging this guy further. The man then leaned closer and encouraged. "C'mon, I'm sure you want a little company. " He tried. Yeah, That was a step too far. And Gavin briefly frowned. But she soon wiped the expression from her face. Time to think of the best way to discourage him.

There was a logic to the knights thinking but it maybe wasn’t the best. He should probably give Gavin time to grieve, not try and take advantage of her vulnerable state but again maybe Lance shouldn’t be judging seeing as he’d been kissing her earlier. And the knight liked trouble? Yeah, so did Lance sometimes, but Gavin was maybe too much trouble. The knight seemed to think she was worth it though and Lance clearly wasn’t going to discourage him so off the knight went to flirt a bit more. He was awfully forward though and Lance couldn’t help but gape at the audacity of the man.

Lance wanted to jump in and tell the knight to back off but that might look a bit unusual coming from him and he was sure he’d get some strange looks from the knight snd maybe Gavin. He was coming on a bit strong though. Luckily Agravain was about to defend his sister’s honour. “If you give my sister company then its the last thing you’ll ever do” Agravain growled at the knight. Although the knight figured that Agravain couldn't kill him so it might not stop him and well, Gavin was not happy with Agravain so might allow the knight to stay just to annoy him, which would also succeed in annoying Lance but she didnf necessarily know that.

”Gavin, there really was no need to bring this lover boy along” Agravain insisted. “Why don’t you just send him back now Before his mouth gets him into more trouble” Although Agravain wasn’t sure it was just his mouth getting him into trouble. “It is a bit ridiculous” Lance agreed. “I understand you don’t trust me but even if i were Planning to do something, do you really think I’d try my luck with both Caleb and Agravain around?” He pointed out. But, it wasn’t just Lance she didn’t trust, she didn’t trust her own brother any more and Caleb had been the one to rat her out to the king so….yeah she didn’t trust any of them really. She seemed to trust Gaheris though, was relying on him being there, but the other day he’d gone out to try and drown his woes, who’s to say he wouldn’t try again tonight since Agravain dragged him back before. She might need that knight after all.

Neither Agravain or Lance seemed to approve of this man. Agravain thus was soon making his distaste known. The man might not have thought Agravain would kill him, But he had the common sense enough to falter. Then Lance was cutting in, And gosh. Wasn't Lance normally the type to help men with women? The traitor! Gavin thus was left in a bit of a awkward situation. Truthfully, She didn't feel safe with Agravain, Caleb, Or Lance. This knight wasn't exactly safe either. But she figured he'd try to protect her. His flirting was rather annoying though and uncomfortable. Agravain and Lance were giving her a out. But in the end. She shook her head. "I just feel safer with him here. " Her words instantly caused a smug grin to grow on the mans face.

Her gaze then moved to Agravain. Saying. "Besides, He's come all this way. Its rude to just send him away now. " Agravain probable didn't much care for what was rude or not. He could be a brute at times. Luckily Caleb's estate was soon enough coming into view. Something Caleb was pleased to see. She'd be able to escape this awkward tension. She figured Gavin would not linger long with them. Would probable only go to visit her brothers and then remain in her room. For the best. Caleb didn't want to listen to any arguing.

The knight then was moving off his steed. Striding over to Gavin as to help her off her horse. Though she didn't really need or want the help. She still accepted it. "Thank you. " She murmured gently and the man wasted no time to grin. "Of course, Its always a pleasure to help a beautiful lady like yourself. " Seemed he'd been further encouraged by her saying she felt safe with him. Gavin was polite enough to smile. Before asking softly. "Could you put away my horse please. I really want to go check on my brother as soon as possible? " And as soon as he gave a nod of agreement. Gavin was giving her thanks. Finally turning and beginning to hurry inside.
Caleb watched her go. Having climbed off her horse. She moved to her husbands side. Murmuring gently. "Maybe it would be best if I stable your horse. So you can go with Gavin to see Gareth. " Gavin probable would prefer to do this alone. But Caleb figured if Agravain might strangle the knight if he stayed any longer!

The knight was staying it seemed much to the irritation of the two other men of the group. Agravain in particular narrowed his eyes at Gavin as she addressed him personally and made it clear that she didn’t feel safe with Agravain around either. He didn’t want to stoop to her level but what an insolent woman she’d grown into. He’d raised her, cared for her, tried to protect her from their parents and any other dangers and she had the nerve to look him in the eye whilst trying to undermine him and show her distrust of him.

There was some relief in the air once they reached Caleb’s home, the group eager to disperse and part ways. Lance rolled his eyes at the knight’s words and continue flirting but didn’t pipe up, instead set to work stabling his horse and making sure Galahad didn’t wander off in the process. Gavin was ditching the knight herself though and Lance guessed he probably wouldn’t see much more of her except perhaps at dinner, or if she decided she wanted to shout at him, or use him for Emotional support which she had seemed to do a bit weirdly enough. It was only once Gavin had left that Lance actually spoke to the knight. “You don’t have a shot with her, you know that right?” He said. “She’s only using you for protection and seemingly to annoy Agravain. And no offence? She’s out of your league. She’s Alexander’s niece for goodness sake, that alone is a reason she won’t court you”

Agravain glanced at Caleb at the suggestion. “She’s not going to like that” Agravain commented. It was a good thing he didn’t care though because he nodded. “I bought some presents for you” he said and pressed a kiss against her forehead. “Maybe don’t open them in public though” he warned. He wouldn’t want Melodias catching sight of his purchases. Anyway, he was soon turning and going to follow after his sister. Maybe it was good they were both going to visit Gareth, they could all talk about what situation he would prefer. Maybe even Gaheris would drop by and they could have a little family gathering, it felt like they needed one!

(started a new job today! Was a bit nervous but first day was okay. Fingers crossed for the rest of it. Hope you’re doing well by the way)

(I'm glad to hear that! I hope it keeps going good! :) )

The knight had just begun heading towards the stables when Lance spoke up. Causing his gaze to move towards him. And frankly, He was getting annoyed with the man. "Whats your problem? " He huffed. Maybe Lance was trying to protect him from her? But the knight did not see that being the case. Calling her out of his league was not something he wanted to hear. He then snapped. "Are you jealous or something that you aint got a chance? Last I heard her family hates you. You aint got a chance at getting in that womans bed. " The knight then shook his head. Beginning to move as to continue to the stables. Growling. "Just stay out of my way. " Gosh, Couldn't Lance just be a bit supportive! Caleb had wanted to avoid Agravain strangling the knight. But at this rate Lance might do it instead!

Gavin was soon making her way threw the house. Heading to her brothers room. She did hear the front door opening. But her thoughts were on Gareth. Thus she paid it little mind. Soon standing in front of the door. Uncertain if she should knock, He might be resting and if that was the case she didn't much want to disturb him. In the end she simply eased open the door and peered in. Gareth was asleep. Seeing him. Gavin was once more reminded of the state Lance had left him in. He just seemed so frail, Scarred and Gavin knew he'd never be the same as he used to be.

Yet she had kissed Lance. That was a complete betrayal. He had let this happen. Yet she had allowed herself to feel some sort of comfort from him. Longed for that comfort and it made her hate herself. Tears were in her eyes. She didn't want Gareth to see her like this. It would only upset him and he needed to rest. So in the end she carefully closed the door. Sighing heavily and leaning her forehead against it. Eyes closed tightly in a attempt to stop any tears. She was crying a lot lately. It was something that made her feel very weak. Her thoughts were interrupted by footsteps. Heavy ones that she knew to be her brothers. But she didn't move. Simply murmured. "He's asleep. " She told Agravain. Finally straightening herself up and wiping her eyes. Everything felt heavy. Once she might have hugged her brother for comfort. But those bridges had been broken. So she glanced up at him. Finding herself murmuring. "Lance told me he visited Gareth. I... I don't want Gareth here, Not when that man is right in the other room. " Her tone quiet.

(Thanks)

Lance’s advice was not appreciated and apparently wouldn’t be followed. Maybe he was being a bit transparent in his motives and it’s not like he wanted to be but his jealousy had clearly bled through. Still, the knight should know that Lance wasn’t lying to him. He scrunched his nose as the knight revealed where his mind truly was in regards to Gavin. He was no stranger to crude knight’s talk and he wasn’t virtuous enough to deny the fact that he’d pursued girls for that reason more than love before but Gavin was a widow, a niece of the king, this was really unbecoming of the knight. He narrowed his eyes. “It’s not just her family, she hates me too” Lance snapped, “so no, Im not warning you off because I think I have a chance. I’m warning you for your own good” Lance told him, a little worked up. “But sure, I’ll stay out of your way, just don’t say I didn’t warn you when she chews you up and spits you out”

Agravain frowned as she turned to him and he saw the slight red of her eyes which only came from crying. She’d only left a second ago, and she’d already been crying? “I didn’t want him to visit Gareth” he told Gavin, crossing his arms over his chest. “I’ve already hashed this out with Caleb but it’s not like you can physically stop him from seeing Gareth,” he pointed out. She might move Lance but he could still worm his way in and Gavin wouldn’t really be able to stop him he figured. “Besides, you’re the reason he’s here” Agravain added. Lance was only here because he didn’t feel safe around Gavin. Where would she move Gareth to anyway? Because if it was the castle then Lance still went there.

”If you’d restrained yourself a bit better then he wouldn’t be here and we wouldn’t be in this mess” Agravain said. “But he’s fine Here. Gaheris sleeps in the room next to Gareth” he added, it wasn’t just Agravain here protecting Gareth. She trusted Gaheris so that might make her feel more relaxed and reassured. “i don’t plan on letting Lance see him anymore, certainly not without supervision” if Lance was going to force his way in then Agravain wouldn’t leave him unattended. “But it’s your fault he’s here and that I have this problem” he reiterated.

Gavin frowned at Agravain's words. Tensing as he continued. Though Gaheris being so near did provide some comfort. Gavin still snapped angrily. Keeping her voice low. She didn't want to risk Gareth being able to hear her. "If you hadn't been and idiot and tried to run off, Abandoning us all. Then no one would be aware of where Antonio was. " He's the one who'd run off with Caleb! Sure, Gavin regretted kidnapping the man. But she had things under control until he started running about. She then told Agravain. "I might not be able to stop him. But you can. You can tell him to leave. But you won't. Because your so quickly willing to roll over for your wife. Can you not once in your life tell her no? " She understood he might not want to stress her. But this was their siblings! Still, This only further confirmed in Gavin's mind that he no longer cared about them.

Gavin then studied Agravain. Saying. "There are plenty of places other then here Lance could stay. If its anyones fault he's here. Its yours. " Lance was a grown man. And sure, He might visit Caleb. But he didn't need to live here! Gavin then looked away. Murmuring. "You know, Everything happened so quickly. It didn't really hit me until later. But you... You really were going to leave us for Caleb. All of us. Even with Gareth in such a state. With Gaheris gone and us not knowing his fate. " She tried not to let any emotion show on her face. But it was hard. He didn't care about them anymore, Had he ever? Gavin wasn't sure that was truly the case.

Gaheris probable didn't know that little tidbit about Caleb and Agravain attempting to run away together. Might be even more upset if he found out. No one had yet to tell him, And Gavin didn't intend to. He didn't need to know about that. Shouldn't even see Gavin and Agravain arguing really. Though that might be hard to avoid with them all in the same house. Speaking of, Gavin would need to seek him out and make sure he was alright. Someone needed to look out for him.

”You still didn’t have to kidnap the man!” Agravain shot back, no one had forced her hand there, she shouldn’t have taken him. And what if they hadn’t run away and no one had found Antonio? Would she have killed him? He didn’t want to think about it because he knew Antonio wasn’t a bad man, and if he started questioning what Gavin might’ve done to him then he might start questioning her judgement concerning her other victims. He didn’t want to have that sort of doubt about his sister.

Maybe he was a bit of a pushover for Caleb, but he liked her dominant side. And he knew Lance was her friend, as much as he disliked it, Lance had been the one to help her out at the fort and had known her secret the longest, he didn’t want to take away what few friends she did seem to have. But, he did think he should put his foot down more when it came to these things, but again it was tricky with her emotional state and the fact that this wasn’t his estate, even though they were married, thus their items should be shared, it belonged to her family, and he didn’t want to get on Melodias’ bad side either.

She really had to drive home how much she disliked him now though. “It’s not like that and you know it” he replied, “would you rather me have abandoned my wife and child to be? We only ran so that we could stay together and hopefully return once Mark gave up, so I wouldn’t have to leave all of you for the rest of my life” he said. “I didn’t want to leave any of you, but I knew that I could trust you to look after the others in my stead. I wish I still trusted you that way” If she wasn’t going to trust him then why shouldn’t he do the same to her. “You know, you’re so ungrateful” he told her. “I spent my whole life raising you. Ever since I was old enough to look after myself, I was helping Gawain parent you and the others. I fed you, clothed you, hell, I helped potty train most of you, and this is how you treat me? Maybe I should’ve left and Never looked back. I’m clearly not appreciated, but no, even now I can’t help but try and look out for you all. You don’t get to act like I’m suddenly some traitor. I helped make us a family so stop acting like a little kid and throwing tantrums, without me you probably wouldn’t have made it to today” no, Loth and Morgan could’ve seriously hurt them, possibly killed them like their other brother, she at least wouldn’t be in as good a state.

Gavin huffed as Agravain spoke. Sure, She shouldn't have kidnapped Antonio. It was a rash moment. But atleast she had been trying to do something to get back at Lance! Agravain seemed almost willing to let it all go! Agravain wasn't. Not when her brother was still in such a state. She then growled. "You could have stayed, You could have waited. You could have come to me for help. You didn't need to run. " Gavin was liked among nobility. She could have swayed things if given enough time! She took a step back as Agravain continued speaking. Eyes narrowed. Before she growled. "Yes you did. You raised us. But you've hardly helped protect this family the last few months. " She needed to get her emotions under control. She didn't like her frustration being this visible.

Gavin then murmured. "Is this even really a family anymore? " The siblings were broken, Dead, Or scattered. For a long time they had only eachother to rely on. But now distrust was rampant between them. Only worsening everything. That thought left Gavin feeling very alone and tired. She couldn't let that eat away at her thoughts. She had a daughter to take care of. She had to keep moving forward. Glancing towards Gareth's door in thought.

She then murmured. "I just wanted Lance to feel what we're feeling. That feeling of not knowing if he'd be okay or not. " Hurting Antonio had never been her intentions. She just wanted to hurt Lance. That was it. Gavin then said. "I know, I should not have involved anyone else in our problems. Antonio was innocent. I just... " She trailed off. Things were not over yet. She'd get back at Lance. Somehow, She had to.

Agravain hadn’t had enough time to just sit around and let her sweet talk them out of trouble. Mark would have surely taken them had that been the case. And maybe he had been thinking about Caleb and the baby a lot recently but he didn’t think he could really be blamed for that. It’s not like he thought of them as his new family, no, he saw them as joining the family, not replacing the one he already had. Gavin wasn't being very kind though and was insisting that he hadn't done much for the family lately. As if everything he did wasn’t for his family.

And then she dared question their status as a family, which really was unnecessary of her. Of course they were a family! “I understand your intentions” Agravain murmured, “but you should have at least spoken to me about it” he insisted. This had gone down before she’d completely mistrusted him, although when she’d taken Antonio he’d been a bit busy looking for Caleb since Loth had taken her, but surely she’d been planning it before then and could’ve mentioned something to him.

”If you’re just going to insist I’m a bad brother and that we’re not really a family then I don’t want you around” Agravain explained. “Gaheris doesn’t need this okay, he’s struggling enough with family issues as it is. I don’t want you adding to them, or making him think he’s right” Gavin could really do a lot of damage in separating The brothers if she wasn’t careful. “I was actually hoping you might reassure him that things are okay, that we as a family don’t hate him, but now I just get the feeling you’re going to sow more discord” he sighed. “So, spend as much time with Gareth as you want but I don’t want you to be talking about any of this with him or Gaheris“ he warned, “and then I’ll take you back in the morning snd you can continue being angry at me. Just pretend for a little while that things are okay though.” Surely she could do that, she’d acted all innocent about kidnapping Antonio, he just needed her to not air her issues around their brothers in the hopes that their family would stick together a bit better.

Gavin frowned at her brother. Perhaps she should have. But she didn't think Agravain would ever let her get her hands dirty. Yet clearly he wasn't eager to do anything about Lance. So she needed to take matters into her own hands! Gavin though looked away as he continued speaking. Best not to mention her own talk with Gaheris. "Gaheris knows I have his back. But fine, I won't bring up such subjects with him. And I certainly had no plans to worry Gareth with all his. " Her brother was hurt enough. She wouldn't add to his worries. Gavin then shook her head. "I can have the knight escort me back. " If her and Agravain went, Then it would just be nonstop arguing. She was about to speak more. When she heard Caleb's voice. "Everything okay over here? " Seemed after stabling her horse she had come to check up on her husband and Gavin.

Gavin though soon replied. "Everything is fine, Gareth is asleep though so I'd rather not disturb him. " That caused Caleb to nod. Gesturing to a nearby room. She then told Gavin. "If you like, You can stay in that room. Its right near your brothers. Gaheris's room is also right there. But I'm not sure if he'd be in there at this time. " He might have run off to town. Gavin thus nodded. She should perhaps atleast try to say hello to Gaheris before retiring to her room. So she murmured a small. "Thanks. " Before walking towards the door. Quietly knocking.

Caleb then let her gaze fall to her husband. Leaning up and giving him a small kiss on the cheek. Which was sometimes a bit difficult considering his height. She then suggested. "C'mon, Lets leave her them alone. " Caleb figured them staying here would just lead to more fighting. She then raised her eyebrow and said quietly. "We have a lot to discuss about your shopping choices. " Amusement clear in her tone. Though she did have a small blush on her face. Thankfully no one had noticed such items.

It might be best if the knight did escort her back but she was his sister and he felt some sort of obligation to protect her, even if she didn’t think he did. It would likely be tense though and no doubt an argument would break out and without Gawain around as mediator, it might not come to an end so maybe she was wise to suggest he not come with. At least she planned to leave the others out of it so this spat stayed between them. Agravain would be furious though if he found out about Gavin trying to move Gaheris behind his back, along with Gareth. For now at least their arguments weren’t too bad, they were very dysfunctional but they weren’t non stop screaming matches and they weren’t so bad they couldn’t be in the same room together. Not yet.

Caleb was coming to their rescue though and it seemed their arguments would be put on hold for now. He’d missed so many of them sleeping under the same roof but this wasn’t the same. So, he only really relaxed a bit when Caleb drew close. He turned to her as Gavin moved away, trying to push away those arguments for now and instead focus on his wife. He’d been a bit grumpy lately what with Lance staying and not sparring as much and obviously Gareth and now Gaheris so he tried to let himself feel a bit calmer and smiled at his wife. “Oh, did you like what you saw?” He asked curiously, putting an arm round her and going to lead her away, probably best in case his siblings overheard them.

Gaheris was in and well, he wasn’t asleep. He’d heard the arguing actually, he’d been about to exit when he’d heard Gavin’s voice but stilled at Agravain’s. Now she was knocking though and he was already next to the door because of his eavesdropping. Still, he waited a moment before opening it to see his sister. “You didn’t tell me you were coming by” Gaheris said, and he wasn’t as angry with Gavin as he was with everyone else. At least she’d done something about Lance and she didn’t seem as willing to abandon him. She had never been that close to him though so he wasn’t as reassured as he might’ve been had Gawain or Agravain been on his side rather than betraying him but she’d certainly do. Besides, it was hard to beat their big brothers anyway. “Are you staying long?“ or was she just saying hi and on her way out? He had Heard she was staying the night though and he was glad, it’d be nice to have someone on his side in this house for once.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back