• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fantasy I Was Fine Until You

“Maybe that wasn’t the right word for it” Arthur sighed, it wasn’t like Silas wasn’t being himself, he was just making certain parts of his personality bigger so as to shield the rest. But he certainly preferred the quieter moments when Silas didn’t feel the need to be so loud and always making jokes. There was comfort in his fond looks and gentle words that suited the night. And so gentle Silas became again and he didnt fight the hand that turned his face back to him, meeting his gaze almost timidly as he wondered what Silas might say and where he might take this.

Was it normal To stop breathing when someone confessed they liked you? Arthur wasn’t sure, it hadn’t happened to him a lot, but it took him a moment to let go of his breath and start again. Silas didn’t know what to do? Well then what hope did Arthur have? Silas was far more experienced in things like this but he guessed perhaps he was used to more intense matters. Arthur was also more used to lustful encounters, his relationship with Ethan had moved very fast and him and Kay had also slept together with no foreplay and obviously Morgan had taken advantage of him. He was honestly surprised that Silas didn't want to escalate things though, but not disappointed, he couldn’t help but agree, he just….he knew what Silas was like, or at least had been like. From what he’d heard, he put rabbits to shame. At least Silas was thinking of his back though! That was encouraging.

“You think I’m going to suggest we sleep together after one kiss?” Arthur questioned, raising an eyebrow slightly at him. “I’d like to think I’m not that easy, or desperate“ he said. He’d kissed Ethan a bit more than that before they’d climbed into bed together! Maybe not much more though to be fair, not that Silas needed to know that. “Besides, I thought you said you needed to be wined and dined first?” Arthur teased and leaned closer again. “I guess we’ve got the wined bit down” He didn‘t want to start down that road with Silas yet though, he wasn’t sure he was ready and he also wasn’t sure it was right. He was married to Caroline, sleeping with her brother might be a bit…treacherous. Silas was clearly a bit unused to this slowness though, and the way he tripped over his words was endearing. “I’m happy just making you flustered for now” he teased and went to kiss Silas again, putting His hand on the other man’s cheek and smiling against his lips as he felt the warmth there from Silas’ blushing. He’d always liked that about Ethan, the way he fumbled and blushed when talking about things like this, but Ethan wasn’t on his mind right now, just Silas.

Silas couldn't help but blink a bit at the question. Uncertain if he should actually answer. Okay, Hearing Arthur say it out loud. Perhaps it was a silly idea. But Silas was far more used to that kind of behavior. Still, He found himself relaxing a bit. Rolling his eyes a bit and ready to make some snide little comment. When Arthur was leaning closer and well, Suddenly Silas was at a loss for words. Hey! He wasn't flustered! Then Arthur's lips were against his and any argument Silas might have had was vanishing. His hands moving to Arthur's chest. Enjoying the closeness.

Arthur had succeeded in his goal, Silas was certainly flustered. Gosh, He shouldn't get like this! Arthur wasn't exactly the first person he'd been with. But when the kiss finally broke. Silas was sure Arthur would be able to see how red he'd managed to get the prince. So instead of letting it be that obvious. He moved to bury his face against Arthur's neck. Huffing and muttering. "I thought I was supposed to be the one that did all the teasing. " He was supposed to make Arthur all embarrassed! Not the other way around. Perhaps it was the privacy. Something about being alone just made things feel far more intimate.

Silas then gently went to try and push Arthur back. Hoping to get him to lay down and he then informed. "I'm sleeping on top of you tonight. Repayment for last night. " What? He wanted to cuddle! Though they probable should be careful due to his back. Silas figured Arthur wouldn't complain to much in regards to the sleeping arrangement. Though Silas figured it would not be as difficult for Arthur as it had been for Silas. Arthur had been heavy!

At least Arthur knew how to shut Silas up now, if he was about to same something stupid then Arthur could always interrupt him with a kiss, it was limited in its practical use though, it’s not like he could employ it in public. Silas’ blush wasn’t any less obvious when he buried his face against Arthur’s neck, because Arthur could feel it rather than see it. He liked it though, couldn’t help but smile. “Who do you think I learned from?” Arthur shot back but it was true that Silas was normally the one teasing and Arthur was normally the one blushing so this was a bit of a change, but he was sure Silas would be turning the tables back on him soon enough.

Silas pushed him back and Arthur’s first thought went a little dirty, but they’d both said they weren’t going there so he didn’t really get why. Oh, Silas was sleeping on top of him? He couldn’t really complain, he’d been missing actually touching someone earlier in the night so this was a nice solution, although Arthur couldn’t exactly cuddle him still because of his back. This would Just have to do. Would Caroline find it weird if she walked in and saw Silas laying on Arthur? Perhaps not, she knew Arthur liked to cuddle, still , maybe She didn’t expect them to be quite so close or for Silas to comply.

”there was hardly any room in the bed” Arthur defended. “I didn’t have much choice” well, he could’ve slept on the floor, might’ve been more comfortable, but he’d wanted to be near Silas. Was that so bad? ”your bed is huge. You hardly have the same excuse.” But as Silas had said, it was payback, and Arthur wasn’t really complaining as he went to take Silas’ hand and pull him down on top of him gently. “Please don’t drool on me” Arthur added, still teasing. It’s not like he’d be too upset if Silas did drool on him anyway. He lay there, the room still illuminated by the candles but their glow wasn’t harsh, just comforting. “Thanks for being there for me” he murmured quietly, Silas had managed to calm him down, turn things around a bit. Hopefully Arthur didn’t have another nightmare because he wouldn’t be able to go anywhere with Silas on top, or maybe that was a good thing, it meant Silas didn’t have to come find him.

Arthur's arguments fell upon deaf ears, They were going to cuddle weather he liked it or not. Silas soon complained back. "Well if that was the case, I should have been on top. Your heavy. " He joked. Laughing softly at Arthur's little pleas as he snuggled close. Musing. "No promises. " Closing his eyes. This was perhaps a bit of a awkward position to be in. But Silas didn't mind. Being near Arthur was nice. Then Arthur's words were becoming more serious and Silas nearly rolled his eyes. Huffing. "don't thank me. You've been there for me too. " He then murmured quietly. "Whatever happens. I... We're a team. " He promised. Silas had Arthur's back. And Silas knew Arthur would have his too. So, Finally snuggled up he let himself settle down and drift to sleep.

--
The next morning was perhaps to be a bit more awkward. Which sadly the two were disturbed rather early from the loud sound of knocking. Still, Silas barely registered it. Simply curled closer against Arthur. But then a voice rang threw the door. A servant. "Your majesty, King Rayner wished for you and the prince to be there for breakfast. " The man said, And that caused Silas to finally open his eyes. Great, His father never cared if he was there for breakfast. But Silas was no fool. Rayner was aware Silas was hurt, That it would hurt for him to move. Going to breakfast would be difficult and this was simply a way to inflict more pain. Silas had half a mind to ignore the order. But still when he heard the sound of the servant knocking again. Perhaps to ensure they were awake. Silas called out. "Yeah, Yeah, We'll be there. " That seemed to be enough to dismiss the servant and things were soon quiet again.

Thus in the silence. The events of last night began to settle over Silas and well. He began to realize where he was laying. Also that wine was no longer in the two's system and thus feelings could be rather different. Arthur may not be exactly pleased about the situation and staring down at Arthur. Silas had enough modesty to blush a bit. But he didn't move. Instead a grin formed on his face. "Hey, So.... You come here often? " He joked. Hoping to be rid of any tension in the air.

Silas then began carefully attempting to move off Arthur. But any pain medicine the medic had given yesterday had by now worn off. And it was difficult. He visibly winced, Still managed. But it hurt. By now he probable needed to change his bandages. Luckily, Arthur would probable be able to help with that. The medic had left supplies the previous day and Silas certainly wasn't going to be able to do it on his own.

Arthur liked the sound of being a team, he was used to comradery, to having others to look out for and to look out for him but not in matters as delicate as his feelings. He let himself fall asleep after Silas drifted off, his chest not feeling tight anymore and butterflies in his stomach. He even let himself smile as he fell asleep. The morning was not destined to be as easy though. Arthur woke at the knocking and it was hard not to notice the man curled up on his chest. The morning brought awareness and realisation, things were suddenly more real and not in a little bubble of the night. He wasn’t drunk and he wasn’t light headed he was just…..worried he guessed. Would things be awkward between them? And now that he was more in his right mind he needed to think about this whole thing and whether it was a good idea. Silas was….a lot, he didn’t mean that horribly or anything, he was just a lot more experienced and a lot wilder and a lot of complicated. He was married to Caroline, he shouldn't really start dating her brother or anything, not to mention that Arthur seemed attracted to a whole lot of people as of late, and Silas had also slept with Alexander so….yeah, a lot of think about.

Silas didn’t seem to Have any reservations though, and certainly didn’t show them if he did. He was blushing but that was hardly anything and all Arthur could do was just sort of watch him with wide eyes as he tried to understand just what he’d started and if he should stop it. Silas was cracking a joke to ease the tension though and Arthur wasn’t sure it worked but was willing to play along.”no, but I’m starting to think I’ll become a regular” he replied, well, he would if he’d be keeping an eye on Silas whilst he healed. And speaking of, Arthur frowned as he watched Silas get up, the pain obvious on his face and he moved to get up too, walking over to where the medic had left some supplies. Hopefully he’d left something for Silas’ pain too.

”as eager as i am to go to breakfast with your father” Arthur commented sarcastically as he gathered some supplies. “We really should change your bandages first” he said, walking back over to Silas and setting them on the bed. Arthur also needed to go change he imagined, then again, he didn‘t care if the king saw him in old clothes, it’s not like they were covered in blood yet anyway. He tilted his head at Silas. He’d need to help him unbind it first he imagined so Arthur sat next to him and passed him something for the pain before he went to undo the current bandages. “Just say if you want me to stop” he said. “And we can take a little break“ it might help if they did it slowly so as not to make the pain unbearable, but Silas also might want it done quickly to get out of the way. If it was slow though, it gave them time to talk. And would they talk about it? Arthur didn’t know, wasn’t sure how to bring it up or if he should. It felt a bit awkward and he wasn’t really used to this too much, well he was used to awkward relationships but that wasn't what he meant. The conversation really might not go how they wanted it to and Arthur didn't want the day to start off badly if he decided they shouldn’t continue.

Seemed Arthur was just as eager to see Rayner as Silas was. His comment earning a small grin from Silas. Seemed Rayner was making good friends with Arthur! Silas's gaze flickered back to Arthur as he fetched some supplies and he couldn't help the relief in his chest. It was nice having Arthur here. The man was soon at his side, Beginning to work on his wounds and Silas tried not to let any pain show in his face. Murmuring softly. "Thank you Arthur. " He was gentle and while it wasn't easy. Silas was glad atleast it was Arthur here to help him. But his mind was soon drifting to other thoughts. Last night, No matter how Silas tried not to think about it. The awkwardness lingered and it felt like something that needed to be addressed.

Silas thus slowly began. "Arthur... About last night. " Yeah, This was going to be a uncomfortable conversation and Silas soon was looking forward. Keeping his eyes off Arthur. He then began carefully. "I... If you want, I'm willing to try and forget about it. Not bring it up. I understand if you'd prefer that. " There was plenty of reasons why they should never speak about it again. Arthur being married to Silas's sister was a pretty big reason! Silas also didn't want such things to hinder there relationship. Silas liked Arthur. He was a good friend and he didn't want to mess that up.

But, Silas also didn't want to forget about it. He didn't understand why. But it felt like something hard to walk away from. So he then told Arthur a bit sheepishly. "But I... I did like it. And what I said last night was true. " He liked Arthur, Maybe more then he should. Perhaps this was a lot to say this early in the morning. So Silas then shook his head. Murmuring. "I... Don't expect any sort of answer right away. But I just... I don't want things to be weird. " Maybe it was a bit too late for that. Silas already felt the conversation was a bit weird. Hey, Atleast the awkwardness was providing a bit of a distraction from the pain! That was something.

Arthur only hummed his acknowledgment at Silas’ thanks, too busy dressing the wound to list all the reasons why Silas didn’t have to thank him. Instead he was just pleased that he got to be on the polite side of Silas. Things were soon getting a bit more personal though and Arthur tried to not let himself falter. He glanced at Silas’ face briefly before too looking away. It felt too intimate to watch his face as they talked about this, like he might betray something his heart was feeling that his head might not agree with. He held his breath as Silas said about forgetting it. He….he didn’t want that. Not truly. Maybe he’d like for it to remain in the past but he wouldn’t want to forget it. So, Silas’ words were probably what he should agree to but not really what he wanted.

He bit his lip slightly as Silas reconfirmed his feelings though, that he had enjoyed it and that he did like Arthur in some sort of way. His heart, traitorous as it was, fluttered at the confession and he let his hands still as he went to press his head into Silas’ shoulder, being careful not to jostle him too much but just…needing to bury into something. His cheeks were warm and his mind was buzzing. Silas said he wasn’t expecting an answer straight away but he knew he’d be wanting one. Ugh, he didn’t know what to say. Or maybe he did, he just didn’t have the nerve to say it. “I don’t want to forget it” Arthur mumbled against Silas. “But….maybe we should?” And he pulled his face away to look at Silas with apologetic eyes. “I’m not…..I just don’t know if this is a good idea” he admitted. “I don’t really have a track record of making good decisions lately but….I don’t want you to be a mistake” he confessed. He liked Silas, he did, thought he was funny and clever and sweet, obviously handsome too, like a prince carved out of marble and gold, but he didn’t want to ruin their friendship and he didn’t want to mess things up in any other way either, he wasn’t sure he could handle losing Silas like that. So, even if his heart wanted to leap at the chance, his brain was screaming that they wouldn’t know where they’d land.

Arthur looked back at the bandages, finishing them up and making sure they would stay put. “I’m married to Caroline. I’ve lied enough to her already, I’m not sure this is something I want to add to the pile” and he could hear how negative he sounded, Silas was going to think he’d hated it, regretted it so much, even if that wasn’t the case. “I’m not saying no” he added. “I…just….it’s not something to blindly commit to” he said. “Even if I did agree…I’m not sure I could keep up with you” Arthur admitted, sure Silas hadn’t wanted to do anything much last night but Silas had a wild reputation and Arthur was a bit more vanilla, he didn’t know if they were really compatible in that way.

Silas couldn't help but feel his cheeks growing a bit warmer as Arthur leaned his head against him. Though he tried to ignore such feelings. Instead focusing on Arthur's words. His words were disappointing in a way. Seemed Arthur had felt something too. But it wasn't like this had any hope of going anywhere. Silas knew that very well. Finally he turned his gaze to Arthur. Caroline was also a factor in this. Arthur having relationships with others was one thing. But her own brother? Silas couldn't picture it going well. Besides, Arthur was right, Silas could be wild and Silas wasn't sure if he'd be good for Arthur. Biting his lip. He then murmured softly. "I... Your right, I know. " They should forget all about this. A task easier said then done.

Silas found it hard to just walk away. He should. They should move on. But he turned as to face Arthur more. Gaze soft and he murmured. "But, We don't need to commit to anything. It doesn't need to be anything serious. " Though he was uncertain if Arthur could do not serious. Arthur likely wanted something far more real. But that would just lead to heartbreak. Silas knew that well. He then smiled awkwardly. "Just... Its... D*mn, I really don't know where I'm going with this. " He confessed. He didn't know exactly what he wanted.

Silas then murmured. "Its just nice being with you. " That was the only words he could find. It was true. But Silas truly did not know where things would, Or even could go next. Arthur made him feel nice, Helped the loneliness and fear go away. In the end, Silas shook his head, Tried to rid himself of such feelings before he mused. "Ah, Maybe its too early to think about this and I'm being a bit silly. We probable ought to go ahead to breakfast. No doubt dad will send guards to fetch us if we're too late. " Silas was good at running away, And right now. He figured running away from the topic was the best course of action. Both him and Arthur probable could use some time to think over such things. Silas certainly knew he needed to figure out plenty emotions!

Neither of them seemed to want to sweep it under the rug, but they both realised that it was foolish to to chase without consideration. Arthur was worried enough about Caroline’s reaction to him liking men, he didn’t want to up the ante by having to hide an illicit relationship with her brother. That was the sort of thing he didn’t really feel he should keep from her, but at the same time he definitely couldn’t tell her about it! And Silas was suggesting that maybe they didn’t have to label anything, that they just keep things casual and Arthur didn’t know if that was better or worse. He hadn’t labelled things with Ethan but if They were being honest, Ethan had been his first boyfriend. Maybe it could be like with Vere though? Friends that just kissed sometimes? Although he knew Silas would want to escalate at some point and things were bound to get more complicated. Arthur had never really been in a friends with benefit relationship, except maybe with his aunt although he didn’t think that really counted.

Arthur frowned slightly as Silas changed the subject. Maybe it was for the best? It gave Arthur time to think and he was right that they should probably get breakfast over and done with. He did find it curious that the servant had known he was in here though, then again, they may have already spoken to Caroline and been redirected. Did Rayner know he’d spent the night in Silas’ room though? He knew Arthur cared about the other prince but maybe he didn’t expect such a display of care and protectiveness. Arthur got to his feet with a small sigh, trying to smooth down his clothes and reaching a hand out to Silas to help him up so they could get to the dining room. Hopefully the pain medication would make it more bearable for Silas, and he’d managed to come to the bathroom during the night so walking might be okay for him, it was more rhe sitting which worried Arthur, Silas probably shouldn’t lean back in his chair.

”after breakfast, you’ll have to show me something fun we can do around here” he said. “Something to keep us entertained whilst your back heals” he didn’t think sneaking out would be a good idea after all, and they were supposed to be grounded. He did need to talk to Vere’s parents though. “And I need to find Kay” he added, but he didn’t know where he’d find him, and it’s not like Kay was needed to bathe and dress him or anything. “You could introduce me to that guy Caroline was crushing on, Bryce did you say his name was?” They couldn’t have some fun male bonding. And he should also speak to Caroline but he assumed she’d be there at the breakfast, but she might be feeling too sick to attend he guessed. Arthur moved towards the door to lead them out, willing To let Silas use him as support if he needed to.

It seemed the subject was to be put off for a later date. Luckily any tension in the air was soon fading as Arthur was helping Silas to his feet. The pain medicine certainly helped. But Silas still visibly winced and leaned against Arthur. Glad for the assistance. Silas soon was grinning at the mention of fun. Oh, He could think of plenty of trouble for the two to get into. He wasn't surprised by Arthur saying he wanted to find Kay. That shouldn't be too difficult. He imagined the man might have been given a room in the servants quarters. Or maybe he was with the other slaves? Silas was willing to bet the servants quarters though considering Kay belonged to Arthur. A soft laugh came from him at Arthur's next words.

He then mused. "Caroline's so going to kill me if I introduce you two. " His tone playful. Poor Caroline would likely be rather embarrassed. But as they left Silas's room the man paused for a bit. Seeming in thought before he was suddenly grinning. Mischief clear in his eyes. "You know, I think I've a good idea where he might be working right now. Its on the way to the dining room. I doubt we'll be able to stop and talk to him for long. But I imagine you're curious to see him. " It wasn't too much of a detour. Even if they didn't get to really talk to him. Arthur might be curious to see what he atleast looks like.

Silas then murmured. "He's probable helping clean. If he's still doing the same routine he should be in a hallway near here. I remember because Caroline used to go see him when she could. " She'd been rather smitten. Silas had certainly teased her about it. But it had been cute at the time. Maybe if Rayner didn't stay long during breakfast they'd be able to tease Caroline over such things! Oh, Caroline was so going to kill them!

Arthur couldn’t help but smile as Silas laughed, the sound very pleasant to his ears and also knowing he was right about Caroline’s feelings on the matter. She hadn’t been very pleased with him bringing it up yesterday but he was curious, he wanted to see Bryce! Besides he was interested for Caroline, plus it would give him further insight into his wife. He wondered if they really did have similar rates in men since he’d also had a crush on Lance. But Lance was probably a common person for people to have a crush on. And that was another question. If Silas was interested in him, what did that mean for Silas’ interest in Lance? Was he still longing for him? Was that another reason why Silas hadn’t wanted to sleep with him? Maybe he’d ask once he’d had some time to think about all this.

”very curious“ he couldn’t help but agree. “If you think we have time” he said. It would be….nice to discuss with Caroline should they get the chance. “Do you think he knows about her crush?” He asked curiously. “And do you think she still likes him?“ he didn’t really know, she’d not been gone that long and well, Arthur didn’t know how to get rid of crushes so if Caroline did he could really do with some pointers! It wasn’t like Bryce was competition exactly but he’d like to know what he was up against.

”I want her to be happy” he told Silas, he was sure Silas wanted the same although he might not want this conversation. “and That might mean she needs other people” he said. “It’s not like we married out of love, and well, you know my situation. I don’t want her life to be loveless, it’s not fair and she deserves better than that” he explained. “and Maybe you don’t want to hear about your sister’s love life but who else am I meant to talk about it to?“ he sighed, Caroline he guessed, but he couldn’t go saying too much to anyone else, it’d be dangerous snd put their reputations at risk, what they had left of them. The public would be in uproar if they found out she’d had an affair.

It seemed they were going to make a small trip to visit Bryce then! Silas was soon grinning as he began leading the way. Tilting his head at Arthur's questions. Before musing. "I can't imagine him not knowing. She used to follow him around like a puppy. " As for if Caroline still liked him. That was something Silas was uncertain about. He wouldn't be surprised if she still had a small crush on the man. Thus he said. "Considering how much she was blushing last night over the topic? Probable. " Seemed Arthur had other reasons for asking such questions and wanting to meet Bryce.

The topic had Silas's eyes softening a bit. Glancing back at Arthur. He then told Arthur gently. "I... I think thats something you may need to discuss with her. I fear it might be more dangerous for her to consider such things. " Sure, Arthur fooling around was bad. But if anyone caught wind of Caroline having a affair? It was far more dangerous for her. Silas wanted Caroline to be happy. But he also wanted her to be safe. It was not something to be taken lightly. Silas then pointed out. "It wouldn't just hurt her, It would also hurt your children. Because people would question if they're yours. " There were many things to consider. Silas then looked ahead as they walked. "I'm not saying she shouldn't find love. But its just... Its something that needs to be treated with caution. " He explained.

But the time for such talk was soon ending as they turned a hallway. Seemed Silas was correct in his guess of Bryce's location for he was grinning. "Looks like we found him. " Arthur wouldn't need to do much searching. There was only one other person in the hallway. And well, Arthur might be able to quickly see the appeal. The man was clearly handsome. Tall, With brown hair and dark eyes. Though his expression was in a bit of a scowl. Though it wasn't hard to find the source of his annoyance. A goose, Standing in the corner of the hallway angrily honking at the man. Who was muttering. "How the freak do you keep getting in here? I swear t- " But his thoughts were soon distracted as he heard Silas shout. "Bryce! I see that goose is bothering you again. " His voice causing the servant to jump a little. But the man was used to Silas's antics and was soon scoffing. "I still have yet to understand why its s-" He faltered though as he turned his gaze and caught sight of Arthur. Instantly becoming a bit more rigid and dipping into a bow. He might be casual with Silas, But he didn't know Arthur. It was hard for him not to be tense around the foreign prince. Stumbling a bit. "I- Uh mean- " But Silas soon was getting rid of his worries. Waving his hand and huffing. "Relax Bryce, I promise Arthur has no plans to behead you right now. He'll get to it later. " He teased. But, His words were enough to make Bryce relax a bit. Standing straighter. Muttering. "How lovely. " His eyes rolling. It seemed he trusted Silas enough to relax around Arthur. But, Looking closer at Silas. His expression became far more worried. Silas clearly was injured afterall. Yet before he could ask any questions or voice any concerns. Silas was avoiding the subject. Saying. "I hope you've got this under control. Poor Caroline's going to have a fit if she sees that thing. " Almost on cue. The rather angry goose let out a hiss. Bryce frowned. Still clearly worried. But he seemed willing to focus on something else for the moment. Looking towards the bird and saying. "Afraid not. This is the third time this week its gotten inside and I've yet to figure out how. " Perhaps the animal was trying to escape the cold? Or maybe it was just hoping to be a menace to all the staff who had to remove it.

Maybe Bryce did know then, or at least suspect, it was quite bold to just assume the princess had a crush on you. But, well….he didn’t know how discreet Caroline was. Silas was right though, he should talk to Caroline about it. Silas didn’t know that Caroline had a had an affair though and he wasn’t going to tell him either, he was way too sober to let that slip considering who it was with and the fact that Caroline was now pregnant. But yes, a known affair would further throw the situation of his heirs into jeopardy which was the last thing he needed. He just didn’t think it was fair that Caroline might not have a love life well….for the rest of her life. They’d need to be very careful and besides Arthur shouldn’t set Caroline up without telling her, he wasn’t even sure if she would be willing to move on from Lance yet.

Arthur was pleasantly surprised by Bryce. He had worried that maybe Bryce was some old man, not that there was an issue with that but it just wasn’t really suitable for his plan he figured. But no, Bryce was handsome and he could see why Caroline liked him, he wondered if he had a nice personality to go along with his pretty face. He seemed relaxed with the royalty though and not too alarmed by the angry goose in the hall. Arthur glanced at the bird a bit warily, he wasn’t sure they were really safe from it but it wasn’t attacking them just yet. And he imagined Caroline wouldn’t be happy because he remembered she didn’t like birds and this was a big one!

”does it attack people?” Arthur asked cautiously, he didn’t really mess with geese but he knew they could be vicious. Still, this one seemed to keep coming inside so maybe it was a little friendlier underneath all that attitude. “Maybe it thinks you’re it’s friend” he suggested with a shrug. Was Bryce always the one to Chuck it back out? And how did one even corral a goose? “It might be worth watching it once you put it outside, you might be able to watch it get back inside.“ although Bryce was probably too busy for that and it might not yield any results. Maybe Silas and Arthur could do that for him though? ”I know I practice fighting and all that but I don’t think I’d like to mess with a goose“ he told Bryce, he had to commend his bravery, maybe it was just part of the job now though.

At Arthur's question Bryce turned his gaze to the man. "Yes. " He said rather bluntly. Yeah, Bryce was sure that the goose had no intentions of making friends. Caroline would be terrified if she saw the creature. She didn't exactly have a good history with geese. Bryce then told Arthur. "Normally it only attacks the stable boy though. " It likely could sense weakness. Hopefully the child wasn't too traumatized! It seemed not even a brave knight was willing to face the animal. Which ment Bryce was on his own. He then told Arthur. "I'm not sure it'll sneak in with someone watching. Its clever. " The little jerk would probable wait until they turned there back to sneak in.

Silas was grinning though. Suggesting gently. "Well, Once you finish capturing your goose. You ought to come hang out with me, Caroline, And Arthur. I know Caroline misses you. " He murmured. The suggestion causing Bryce's cheeks to heat up a bit. Perhaps Carolines feelings might be a bit mutual. Or maybe he simply was aware of Carolines crush and a bit embarrassed over the matter. He then told Silas. "I... I'll try. But I'm afraid I'm going to be rather swamped today. Jeffery broke his leg this week so I've had to take over his work as well as my own. " He explained. Besides, His gaze then moved to Arthur. A bit unsure. Carolines recent marriage likely made him want to keep his distant. Probable why he hadn't visited her sooner.

Silas though raised a eyebrow. "Was he trying to slide down the stair railings again? " Judging by Bryce's expression. The answer likely was yes. So Silas sighed and then huffed. "Well, Maybe we'll try and keep you company during your work. Anyway. Me and Arthur probable ought to get going. We're going to get breakfast. Good luck with your goose. " He mused the last part joking. Earning a light hearted glare. But Bryce was soon nodding before looking to Arthur. Dipping his head and saying. "It was a pleasure to meet you Prince Arthur. " Before he was focusing his attention back to the goose. Which was still angrily hissing and honking.

The confirmation that the goose would attack made Arthur stand a bit straighter and keep his eyes on the bird a bit more. He didn’t want to get bit by an upset and angry goose. Silas was soon suggesting that Bryce should hang out with them though which he was sure Caroline would just love! He’d need to make it clear that had not been his suggestion, she could be angry with Silas over this instead of him thank you very much, even if he was curious about the other man and Caroline’s relationship. Bryce was even blushing which was a promising sign and he couldn’t help the small smile on his face. Bryce was cute, and he seemed nice enough, maybe him and Caroline did have similar taste after all.

”you too Bryce“ Arthur replied with a smile, it had been nice meeting him. “I hope to see you around” he added before he went to lead Silas towards the dining room again. “He’s handsome” Arthur commented once they were out of earshot. “Brave too by the looks of things. I can see why Caroline might be interested in him” and maybe it was sad actually, because of Caroline liked handsome, brave men, essentially knights in shining armour whether literal or metaphorically, it meant that maybe, had Arthur been attracted to women, they could’ve had a wonderful romance. There was no guarantee of course but perhaps just a good chance. There was no point pondering on could’ve been though, it would just make him upset.

Arthur had enough to upset him as it was; they’d be joining Rayner for breakfast which was going to be tense and horrible and gosh he hated that man and his cruel smile. He longed for home and the warmth of his father’s smile and the love of his mother’s hugs, but he wouldn’t be home for a long time and he just had to make do with the friendship he had in Caroline and Silas. “I don’t want to talk to your father but I fear I won’t be able to stop myself from remarking” he told Silas before they entered. Rayner had a way of making him react and he didn’t want to say something and get Silas more hurt but he might not be able to stop himself from speaking. “i Don’t want him to hurt you for my actions or my words“ he explained. “But I might Not be able to listen to him saying horrible things” he was sort of apologising in advance he guessed, in case Rayner took anything he had to say to heart. Arthur sighed, moving a hand to brush Silas’ hair away from his face a bit better before going to lead them in and to the table. Hopefully Arthur could just eat to stop his mouth from having the opportunity to say something.

It didn't take long before they were leaving Bryce's side. The sounds of the hissing goose soon fading into the background and Silas chuckled. "Caroline's been smitten with him since she was small. Though I certainly can understand the interest. " Silas had never found much interest in Bryce himself. But he understood why someone would be head over heels for him. He was hot! The two men were soon slowing down though as they neared the entrance to the dining room. Both likely not eager to once more see the king. Not that they really at much choice in the matter. Seemed Arthur was aware that Rayner may hit some nerves. His words causing a soft scoff to come from Silas. "Don't worry Arthur. I'm probable more likely to say something then you. Besides, He won't do much. He probable wont want to actually kill me. " Silas wasn't in good shape. Rayner might do small things to try and make him uncomfortable. But Silas's recent injuries would hopefully make him wait a while before harming Silas again. Then again, Knowing Rayner. Maybe he did want Silas dead.

Silas then found his cheeks heating up a bit when Arthur's hand reached up. Averting his gaze. Before focusing ahead and trailing after Arthur. Soon enough spotting Rayner and Caroline. With few around. Rayner actually looked a bit relaxed. Actually had a small fond smile as he looked at Caroline. Who was grinning at Rayner. She seeming in the middle of talking. "-You should have seen it, The knights there w- " But she trailed off as she heard the sound of the door opening. Looking towards Arthur and Silas. While Rayner seemed to become more serious. Lazily leaning back in his seat and studying the two men. "You're both rather late. " He tsked.

Caroline was soon giving both Arthur and Silas a sympathetic look. Before looking down at her food silently. Silas supposed that was for the best. Silas didn't want her to speak up or involve herself. He didn't want Rayner to have any excuse to harm her. His gaze then moved to his father. Holding his head held high and beginning to walk towards the table. Hoping to hide any evidence of pain. He didn't want the man to see he was hurting. So he then huffed. "F*ck off. " What? He wasn't going to try and play nice. Rayner obviously wasn't amused. Questioning. "Have you truly learned nothing? " He asked, Though Silas did not look at him. Simply let Rayner talk. "You understand what I do is for your own good? I simply want you to learn to behave. " He explained. Not even attempting to hide the amusement in his tone. He enjoyed this. Anyone could figure that out.

Silas didn’t seem like he was going to blame him if he said something but Arthur would still try to be careful although he couldn’t say how well it would go. He was mildly surprised to see that Caroline had turned up but glad she seemed to be feeling well enough to. What was odd was the fact that someone was actually smiling in Rayner’s presence. He didn’t know how Caroline did it when she knew what Rayner did to Silas. She was talking about knights so he figured she might be telling Rayner about his home but she trailed off once she noticed them. Arthur glanced at Rayner with a small glare as he commented on their timing but bit his tongue to stop from saying anything back. Yeah, they were maybe a little late but Silas wasn’t exactly capable of walking too fast right now.

Arthur left Silas’ side for now, moving to sit next to Caroline. She was his wife so he should probably be by her side. And it was probably good to have a person between Arthur and Rayner in case his words were too much and he physically attacked him, which wasn’t really something Arthur had ever thought he might do but Rayner was a special case. “I don’t know why you bother lying” Arthur commented, trying to keep his voice level. “You don’t want him to behave, because if he did then you’d have no excuse to hurt him” Arthur watched Rayner with a challenging gaze before he let himself look at Caroline, expression softer. “You feeling alright?” He asked gently. Hopefully she’d managed to eat something, she hadn’t seemed to have much luck with her appetite over the last few days.

Speaking about Silas and his injuries was bound to get them riled up so perhaps they shoudo change he the subject. It was sort of hard though and he imagined Rayner wasnt done rubbing it in their faces just yet. Still, it was worth a try. “Can I ask you a question Rayner?” Arthur spoke up, although he wasn’t really planning on waiting on a reply. “Why have you not remarried?” He asked. It was a bit of a bold thing to ask but he was curious, he seemed to hate Silas so surely he’d want to replace him and he remembered Caroline’ s friends saying he may be searching now. This question might actually get him an answer to the one he’d asked yesterday. Had Rayner loved his wife? Because he seemed to Have some spite directed towards her for caring about Silas.

Rayner observed Arthur curiously when he spoke up. Seemed both boys had attitudes this morning! Though Silas seemed to be right, Rayner hadn't jumped to summon guards to harm Silas. Likely knew he was unable to go to much further for the time being. That didn't mean he didn't have plans on ways to make them miserable. Everyone could probable feel the tension in the air. Including Caroline who had been focused on staring down at her plate. Seeming a bit startled when her husband addressed her. But she soon was giving him a smile. "I'm alright. " She promised. She was feeling a bit better then yesterday. Though still had only eaten a little of her food. Seemed her appetite was still lacking.

Things were soon focusing back on Rayner. His eyebrow raising a bit as he was addressed. Things suddenly going rather quiet and Rayner was frowning. At first it seemed he might not answer. But eventually he leaned back in his seat. Telling. "It is not always easy to move on. When you eventually lose someone you'll realize that. " It was perhaps a shorter answer then Arthur might have liked. Rayner's expression was hard to read though. Rayner showed no interest in lingering on the subject though.

He then told Arthur. "Your knight, Gawain came to me. Asked if you could go do some small adventures with him. You are grounded, But I've decided to be kind and allow you to go. " He expressed. Looking at Arthur, Before suddenly smiling. "But, You are to bring Silas with you. I believe he could use such adventuring experience. You could go tonight! " Ah, There was his means of hurting them it seemed. Because Silas was far too injured to go on any adventures or quests. Riding a horse would certainly be painful. He knew that. Knew Arthur wouldn't want Silas in anymore pain. Even if Silas wasn't injured, Well, Gawain and Arthur still wouldn't be able to do much. Because Silas could hardly fight and they likely would not want to bring him into danger. It didn't help that Gawain and Silas hardly got along. Silas was already wrinkling his nose. But he wasn't going to let Rayner have this win. So he grinned. Looking to Arthur. "Well, I was intending to show you the ruins near here anyway. That would certainly be a good place to explore. " Silas figured once they were away from the castle. They could simply just split up. Silas knew the woods. Would be fine on his own while Gawan and Arthur went on there way. Gawain likely wouldn't argue with that to much.

It was a short answer, Rayner didn’t exactly spill his heart but at least he had answered Arthur so that was something. It seemed to imply that he’d loved his wife, or at least been very fond of her, which was likely why he was jealous of the attention she’d given Silas. Still, it was pretty pathetic for someone, let alone a king of all people, to be jealous of a baby. Arthur didn't get to ask anymore, as much as he was curious about the late queen, he could understand why she might be a delicate subject and he didn’t really want to start any rows at breakfast. He figured Silas and Rayner might have different opinions, or at least viewpoints concerning the Queen.

Rayner Was bringing up Gawain and Arthur was surpirsed that Gawain had gone to the King but Silas had said that the two seemed to talk, and that Gawain tended to get Silas into trouble. And well, this was getting him into trouble too. Rayner was letting him go, but on the condition that Silas came with him. Arthur didn’t want Silas to really venture out in the state that he was in but on top of that, him and Gawain really seemed to dislike each other. As in, Gawain was actively endangering Silas whether he knew it or not and Silas had almost been killed by Gawain on the way over here. Silas was agreeing though and Arthur shot him a worried look.

”if you insist” Arthur said turning back to Rayner. “Someone has to look out for Silas after all” he said, Rayner wouldn’t after all. He would like to explore the ruins with Silas though, that sounded nice, and he didn’t really want to split up with Silas tonight, it was too soon, he’d worry about him. So it seemed Silas and Arthur were destined to spend a lot of time together! Caroline could even come along if she wanted, although he wasn’t sure how interested she’d be in such idea. He could try asking Vere as well. Gawsin might want to be rid of Silas but he might also rat Silas out if they didn’t stay together so they’d have to be careful on any excursions. “We will go tonight then” Arthur agreed. “It’ll be nice to get out of the castle” he said in a pointed tone. They’d escaped before but Rayner made the castle feel like a prison. “You sure you won’t be upset if we go out late? You seem to be delicate about that” Arthur asked Rayner.

Well, It seemed the two of them would be going adventuring tonight! Though Silas could not say how far they'd make it. He was still not in good shape. They might end up only able to reside in town. But Silas wouldn't mind such. Arthur was right, Being away from the castle would be nice. Rayner though shook his head. Telling Arthur. "I trust your knights likely have more sense then yourself. I'm sure Gawain will take care of you both. " Well, Gawain would atleast make sure Arthur returned in one piece. Probable wouldn't harm Silas with Arthur around. Still, Maybe they should bring another knight with them. Just in case.

Caroline's nose was a bit wrinkled and she then looked at Arthur. Warning. "Don't let Silas push you down any holes. " Words spoken from experience. That had not been a fun experience and Caroline figured Silas might try his luck again. She could already see her brother was grinning. Yep, He'd totally do such if he got the chance! "I've gone into the ruins a few times. But never very far. Still, I can give you a tour of where I have been." Didn't want them getting lost! Or maybe they'd decide to go down paths he had never went? That... Might not be the safest course of actions. The ruins were not exactly the most stable. But they'd see.

Rayner listened for a time. Before saying. "Mm... Well, I'll leave you all to discuss your plans. I've important things I need to get too. " Seemed he had tired of there presence. Probable figured he wasn't getting under there skin as much as he'd like. So, He was soon enough leaving the small group behind. Silas watched him go. Before his gaze went to Arthur. "I'm not going to be able to travel down into the ruins easily. But, I figure we can make camp outside it and I'll wait there. That way you and Gawain can properly explore. " He said quietly. Summarizing his plan. It might be a bit boring waiting. But Silas could get some rest while he waited.

Rayner was a horrible man but in this case he was probably right, the knights likely did have a bit more sense to them and would look after them, well he hoped Gawain would look after them even if he didn’t like Silas. And had Gawain been informed that he had to bring Silas along? Or was Arthur going to have to inform him? Gawain was not going to be happy about it. Maybe it’d be good though, with Arthur there as mediator maybe he could get the two to start liking each other, or at least tolerating each other.

Arthur had been warned about the holes before and judging by Silas’ grin he wasn’t too hurt not to try his luck pushing them down a hole. Hopefully he pushed Gawain instead of him but that might make Gawain want to kill him even more, although if he pushed Arthur down a hole, he couldn’t imagine Gawain would treat Silas very nicely and it wasn’t wise for the two to be left together, Silas and Gawain that was. Hopefully it’d still be a fun trip though. Arthur was glad when Rayner was departing but he was soon pouting slightly at the news from Silas. It made sense, Silas was injured, they didn’t want to push him too hard and he needed his rest, but he still would have liked him to explore with them. Maybe once he’d healed up a bit better he would.

Arthur’s pout turned into a bit of a frown. “We should bring someone else as well” Arthur said. “I don’t want to leave you all alone” it wasn’t wise, someone should watch over him, help protect him. Who knows what was out there but Silas wouldn’t be able to defend himself very well. Plus another knight might keep Ailas entertained, not that he seemed to like any of them. “I can ask around the knights and see who’s free” he figured it had to be a knight that had arrived more recently though, the rest did not seem fond of Silas. “You didn’t want to come Caroline?” He asked. He was happy for her to tag along, he couldn’t imagine they were doing anything too dangerous but well….Caroline might find it boring especially since there were probably no lizards involved. And oh, now Rayner had left, and it was just them, it meant they could speak a little freer. “I met Bryce on my way here” he told Caroline with a smile that was part teasing but all warmth. “He seemed nice, handsome too” Arthur commented, he could see why she had liked him, maybe still did.

Silas wasn't completely sure how eager he was for another knight to join them. Many of them tended to give Silas a bit of a headache! But he didn't refuse. Trust Arthur wouldn't get someone that would strangle him. Percival might be a good option. But he'd probable want to be rather responsible which could be rather annoying! But they'd simply have to see. Besides, Arthur was soon focused on Caroline. The girl frowned and soon shook her head. "No thanks, That place gives me the creeps. " Who knows what kind of skeletons were in that place! Then Arthur kept talking and Carolines face was soon turning red as Arthur kept talking. Embarrassment clear on her face.

She then squeaked at Arthur. "You! I- What?!" She fumbled. Her behavior earning a soft laugh from Silas. Informing her. "Indeed, We were figuring we could all hang out later. He's going to be a bit busy. But theres no reason we can't keep him company while he works!" Silas said cheerfully. Watching Caroline sink into her seat a bit. Yeah, They totally planned to tease her relentlessly. Silas then said playfully. "C'mon! It'll be like old times! You used to follow him around all the time when you were little! " He pointed out. It hadn't been that long ago since she last did such!

Caroline was pouting. Picking up a nearby napkin and rolling it in a ball so she could chuck it at Silas's head. Sticking her tongue out at him. Before saying. "I can't believe you two. " She huffed. Before looking at Arthur and complaining. "I expect this from him, But you? Clearly you two are spending too much time together. " Silas was starting to rub off on Arthur! Who knows what sort of trouble the two of them would get into next. But Caroline supposed it was for the best. They both could use a friend and it seemed they had found that in eachother. Still, Caroline would prefer their teasing be directed elsewhere!

Arthur didn’t want to go exploring if it meant putting Silas at risk so he would need to find a babysitter for the other prince whilst Arthur went off with his own babysitter, Gawain. Maybe Galehaut would be willing since he knew what had happened to Silas? But that might be awkward and he didn’t think the two had gotten off on The best foot because of Galehaut’s and Arthur’s lack of a friendship. And Caroline souksnr be joining to keep an eye on her brother either but he wasn’t too surprised, she’d probably been before and by the sounds of it not had the greatest experience since she’d been pushed down a hole at some point.

Caroline seemed rightfully mortified that Arthur had met Bryce already, he was maybe overstepping a boundary by investigating her life so much but to be fair, Silas probably shouldn’t have encouraged him! No, it wasn’t fair to blame Silas. She seemed at least a bit upset with him and Arthur didn‘t want Caroline to think he found it funny to embarrass her, but it was cute the way she blushed and poured and complained. Silas was definitely rubbing off on him though, he’d need to make sure he didn’t become too much of a rascal whilst he was here. “I’m sorry” he apologised to Caroline. “But I couldn’t help it. I’m curious about you and your life before me. Is that so bad?“ he wanted to get to know his wife better.

”You’ve already seen where I’ve grown up, you’ll probably hear stories from the knights or my parents or whoever about me growing up, the only people I could ask about you were your ladies! And they’re Not exactly fond of speaking to me lately. I like learning about you” he admitted. “Besides, I think it’s cute that you used to follow him around and I don’t even mind if you still have a crush on him” he told her. “Sure, we got married but the heart doesn’t care for arranged relationships, it wants what it wants” She knew they weren’t in love, maybe She didn’t know the reason why but she at least knew that Arthur had been with at least one other person and he knew the same for her, he wouldn’t be any more upset if she had a crush on Bryce as well as her situation with Lance. “Do you know if he had feelings for you?” Maybe he still did. “I mean it’s hard to resist a beautiful princess like yourself” he pointed out, even if he’d managed it. “Especially one clearly smitten with him if you’d been following Him around all the time.” He said. “I wouldn’t be surprised if you two were courting in secret” he said, watching her curiously, a princess couldn’t be seen dating a servant after all. ”you can tell me if you were” maybe it wasn’t that serious but maybe they’d kissed a bit? Or perhaps Bryce had more self-preservation than that. Rayner was a dangerous man and likely wouldn’t take kindly to a servant found making out with his daughter. He wondered if Bryce was a good kisser? That was a bit of an odd thought actually But if Arthur was one thing then it was curious.

Arthur wanting to know about her was sweet. But couldn't he find a different method! She then pointed out gently. "I mean, You could ask Silas. " Actually, No, Nevermind. Silas would probable only tell more embarrassing stories. Also that excuse hardly worked now anyway! Considering they were currently in her kingdom! He could probable pull any servant aside and ask about her. She looked away as Arthur once more brought up her crush. Still flustered. Arthur kept poking at the subject and Caroline found herself feeling a bit uncomfortable by the subject.

Caroline then shook her head quickly. Squeaking. "There was no courting! And... And there was nothing going on. I just had a little crush is all. " Besides, Even if there was something there. Caroline didn't think Bryce was the type to pursue it. He wouldn't take that kind of chance. The topic seemed to be getting Caroline a bit riled up. More then Silas expected and thus. He decided to cool the situation down a bit. Musing. "Don't worry so much. We're only playing. Besides, I'm sure Arthur has a good share of crushes as well. " He promised. He then paused for a moment in thought. A idea seeming to come to mind.

Silas then suggested. "Hey, I know you don't want to go to the ruins. But why don't you go out somewhere tonight as well? We could have a knight escort you to town. I know you probable have some friends you want to visit. " That seemed to perk Caroline up a bit. Silas then was looking to Arthur. Suggesting. "Maybe even me and Arthur could escort you to town? Then swing back to the ruins? " They could spend some time together on the way! It would be nice. Caroline seemed to relent to that. Smiling. "I mean, I guess I wouldn't mind visiting some friends.... I'd prefer if we left earlier in the day though. When its still light out. " Maybe she'd be able to go shopping then with some old friends. That would be nice.

Silas was not the best person to ask, sure he probably knew his sister well but he would likely offer up something else they could tease her with, besides, Silas was who he’d asked about Bryce and she didn’t seem to be enjoying that. Arthur maybe was being a bit unintentionally mean by speculating all this and making her uncomfortable but at least Silas was around to change the subject. Arthur was surprised they hadn’t kissed, Arthur seemed to end up kissing a lot of his crushes even if they were dangerous. Caroline seemed a bit more sensible though. Arthur’s gaze flicked to Silas as he mentioned Arthur having crushes. Yes, he did, but he wasn’t going to offer any up but he got the message, maybe they should stop talking about it.

Silas was proving that he knew Caroline well because his suggestion seemed to interest her. Arthur definitely thought she should have a knight with her though, even if they escorted her as well. He didn’t know the town well, knew he went into the town by his home without an escort but he couldn’t help but be a bit protective of Caroline and worried about her safety, even more so now that she was pregnant. Besides, bad things seemed to happen when she wandered off alone. “We can do that” Arthur agreed, it probably wasn’t best to be out too late anyway because Gawain would want to return to Theo. “At least if it’s light out i‘ll be able to see that hole“ he said and hopefully avoid being pushed down it.

”I’d love to see more of the town myself” he admitted snd looked back towards Silas again. “I didn’t really get to see much the other night” too drunk and clumsy to make it very far. He wondered if he could get Gawain to lie for him, if Arthur and Silas went off to explore the town one time, under the guise of going questing, would Gawain cover for them? Because he knew he’d happily rat out Silas but Arthur? That was intriguing to think about, maybe he would to stop Arthur from doing it again and in the hopes of keeping him safe because he didn’t trust Silas but what if Arthur insisted that he himself would be unfairly punished for it? What if went to Gawain crying? He didn’t know if he’d be able to convince the other man or not and he wasn’t sure it was worth the risk. ”maybe you’ll have to give me a tour Caroline, I imagine you visit much more reputable establishments than Silas“

(I can very much picture the speech that Arthur is going to give Kay as he frees him fo you wanted to skip to that? Or them meeting back up with Bryce or whatever, or even back with Lance and Caleb and that.)

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back