• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fantasy I Was Fine Until You

Arthur only laughed gently at Silas’ squeak, no malice behind it, just amusement. He couldn’t help but feel like a fresh page had more muscle than Silas. At least he would learn how to look after himself though, that pleased Arthur, he wanted Silas to be safe and well and not have to worry too much about relying on others. Which wasn‘t to say he thought Silas should be on his own but as far as he could tell the other prince was pretty lonely. Except he had Arthur now! And Silas was right, Arthur would stick out no matter what, but people didn’t have to know he was a prince, he could just say he was here to see the sights because of the marriage, then again that might not help either. To be fair though, Arthur didn’t really blend in back home though, the locals around the castle didn’t have skin as dark as him or his mother, although brown hair wasn’t unusual, plus with all the foreign trade and knights, it made him a bit less of a peculiar sight.

Arthur felt more comfortable in casual clothes and maybe that’s what came through and made them suit him, he always felt a bit stiff and awkward in posh nobles garb. He followed after Silas, keeping an eye out for any guards or knights who might object to their planned escape. Arthur was slightly surprised to see the same guard and he wondered if Silas had the same deal with all guards who patrolled this door or maybe this guard knew to take the job when some big event was going on because Silas would soon come knocking. He seemed a bit more concerned at them leaving this time and that only made the doubt in Arthur grow. Oh, maybe this wasn’t a good idea. Rayner was going to go ballistic and Arthur would not be devoid of blame. Silas had no hesitation though and was soon paying their way. Maybe they should listen to the guard? This probably wouldn’t end well, but he didn’t want to back out now, Silas seemed happy to get away and Arthur shouldn’t start being cowardly now. Arthur gave the guard one last worried look before he stepped outside and sealed his fate.

”he seems to care, at least a little” Arthur commented. “Maybe you should invite him out one day when he’s not busy guarding the door” Arthur suggested, and he knew that Silas had claimed he wasn’t a friend, but they must meet a lot and well, it’s not like he could just abandon his post. Arthur crossed his arms over his chest as they walked, it was cold out here, of course, and the night time really wasn’t helping, but he had to admit there was something nice about the crispness of the air, the way his cheeks stung was refreshing and the night felt full of possibility. But, if they stayed out in the cold much longer then Arthur’s enjoyment of the little things would likely fade. “I hope we’re not going to play it too dangerous” Arthur murmured, it’s not like he did these sort of things often, he didn’t want to get chucked in the deep end too much and get stabbed or something. Then again, that might be more familiar territory. “Although I dread to ask what you think is truly dangerous” Silas was a partier, probably got into all sorts of crazy trouble. Except Ronan wasn’t here to look out for him now, if he ever had.

Arthur had promised to buy Silas a drink in exchange for going to the party with him, and also given him a favour, and Arthur last night had also suggested they do shots but Arthur was a lightweight and had already had a drink tonight, shots might mean they wouldn’t make it back. ”you know, you’re a lot nicer than you let on” Arthur mused, sure he was a pain and a tease and flirt, but he did think that underneath it all Silas was truly kind. “You didn’t have to help the knights” although Lance had strong holded him a bit. “You didn’t have to travel all that way to check on Caroline and you don’t have to look after me” he pointed out, “but…theres something sweet in you, under all the layers of annoying” he admitted. And he was smiling gently at Silas, maybe that drink had gotten to him a bit more than he’d thought. “Even that silly rabbit you got me,” he said “ and that knife for my father - gross by the way” Arthur made a face, he’d seen the knife Silas had sent as a trophy and seen the inscription, he wasn’t a fan but the way Silas remembered the little things, he liked it. “It’s nice to know you care”

Outside, Silas was pleased to find the path not too difficult to trek to town. Though such paths were often used by servants so it was hardly that surprising. It was a nice night and though Silas knew that tomorrow would probable be a horror. He was set on enjoying his time away from the castle. Pausing briefly to glance back at Arthur, His gaze then moving back to the castle. Perhaps Arthur was right. The man was decent enough. But there were things that made Silas hesitate. Ronan had never much cared for the guard and perhaps that made him hesitant to reach out. But... Ronan had been very good at making him separated from others. Something that seemed to only become clearer and clearer. Though Silas wished to deny it. Still, Silas seemed to decide it best not to reply to such. Instead he grinned at Arthur's next words. "I can promise by the time we return to the castle you'll probable have all your limbs. I promise nothing more. " He teased. No, Silas had no intentions of going too wild tonight. He didn't want to overwhelm Arthur. So for tonight he'd simply take Arthur to a bar. They'd surely be able to find trouble there.

Silas was a bit startled by Arthur's next words. It showed on his face. Glancing away and crossing his arms. He then waved his hand dismissively and told Arthur. "Arthur, I think your already drunk. " His cheeks a bit red, Though he could perhaps blame the cold for that. Shifting. He kept his gaze down. Before murmuring. "I... I don't think I'm as nice as you think. I... " He didn't think he'd run as much as he did if that was the case. He ran away from a lot of his problems. Which often seemed to hurt others. Such as leaving without even giving Caroline a goodbye. He wasn't that thoughtful. Silas though shook his head. They were soon well past the castle walls and soon snow had been replaced by more solid pavement. Seemed they were reaching town. Time to distract themselves.

The city was buzzing. Silas couldn't say he was surprised. No doubt celebrations were happening about. Silas thought that might be good for them. They'd be able to melt into crowds easier. Reaching back. He gently took Arthur's arm. Musing. "C'mon. Lets start the night off right. With drinks! " He knew a bar that hopefully wouldn't be too busy. So, Silas continued leading the way. Looking back at Arthur. He then mused. "After, Perhaps we should simply walk around for tonight. I have a feeling the streets will have plenty of fun tonight. " See, Silas could keep things relatively tame for Arthur! Though Silas could not guarantee he'd stick to that plan once he was properly drunk.

Ah how nice, Arthur liked having all his limbs so it’d be nice to keep them. Maybe Silas was right, Arthur frowned a little as he tried to ascertain if he was drunk, probably at least tipsy, sober Arthur likely wouldn’t have agreed to this so readily. His frown only persisted as Silas seemed to deny his kindness. “Sometimes trying is half the battle” he told him quietly. Silas may not always pull through on his goals but it meant something to try, to think of others, and everyone Had flaws and fears. So Silas ran away, as long as he came back, then it wasn’t too bad.

Arthur looked around as he was pulled along. The town seemed busy and he wondered if it was always like this or maybe they were celebrating like back at the castle. It was nice though, made him feel warm inside and sort of excited. He stuck close to Silas as the plans for the night were laid out. “Shots?” He questioned, he Was going to have a headache one way or another, either through a hangover or Rayner. “Although maybe I won’t be able to walk afterwards” he admitted, still Silas and him could support each other and stumble around town he was sure.

“its Prettier at night” he said. The way the lights glowed, it softened the atmosphere Snd all these people made it seem less cold. It was probably more dangerous too, although Arthur didn’t know how many guards patrolled the city. “Where do you normally go to party?” Arthur enquired, he couldn’t imagine it was a quiet little bar, and what sort of trouble did Silas normally get up to. “Any regulars you meet up with?” Surely there were many people who went to the same parties as him, maybe they could count as Silas’ friend, or maybe they’d been Ronan’s, or maybe they weren’t the sort of people you called A friend. And did they even know who Silas really was? Did he go around flaunting the fact that he was a prince? He’d imagine some people must catch wind of it but it might be a bit troublesome to let it be too well known.

Seemed Arthur was hopeful to be able to have shots. Something that very much amused Silas. A soft laugh came from Silas as he told Arthur. "Don't worry, I'll be happy to drag you if you're not able to walk. " Silas didn't think he'd be able to carry Arthur. But drag him? Yeah, He could handle that! If he himself wasn't too drunk. Arthur seemed already to like the night and was soon asking questions. Which... Silas didn't know how best to answer. With Ronan, Silas had always gone to far more seedier places. The slaves for sale there alone might be a turn off for Arthur. Gambling and drugs were also fairly common. So Silas then told Arthur. "To the more rougher parts of town. I haven't been there in a while. But.... I doubt you'd like it there. " Maybe another night. But not now.

Silas then grinned once more. Telling Arthur. "I suppose I know a few fun folks. I can tell you which ones good in bed if your looking for more fun. " He said, The last part said mostly to cause a reaction in Arthur. Before Silas laughed. "Nah, Surprising I haven't slept with anyone around here. " Silas's experiences tended to be with nobles or with servants around the castle. Silas then looked ahead of them as they finally reached a less populated street. Pausing as he reached a old bar. Before entering.

Inside, Thing were brighter then outside. Candles lit up the room. Things busy inside, Though not completely crowded. This was perhaps one of the shadier places Arthur had been. In one corner sat a couple of men. Playing some sort of card game. Though Silas couldn't tell what kind from this distance. A woman sat on one of there laps which Silas assumed was probable being paid to keep them company. Other patrons also sat around. Though only a few seemed to pay attention to the princes. Which Silas ignore. This should be a pretty safe place. Silas doubted they'd be robbed here. But if they were... Well, Atleast Arthur could fight!
So Silas made his way until he reached the bar. A older man stood working on the other side and Silas wasted little time in talking with him. Before his attention turned back to Arthur as the man set about getting a few glasses. "I just asked for one shot for you for the moment. " They could get more if Arthur was feeling up to it. Soon enough the glasses were in front of them. One in front of Arthur, Three in front of Silas. What? He could handle it. In fact he soon took a glass and drank. Though quickly Silas remember how gross shots tasted. And he did his best not to cough or reveal that on his face. Though he managed to keep his composure then looked towards Arthur expectantly.

Wouldn’t they be a sight, two drunk princes stumbling on the streets, barely on their feet. Things might not escalate that far though. At least they seemed to be in a slightly safer part of town, best to build Arthur up slowly. Any enjoyment he might have would likely not last if he was taken to a place littered with slaves and drugs. He wasn’t that loose just yet. And his stance on slaves would be hard to budge. Which was actually something he needed to address, he’d not managed to grab ahold of Kay since they’d arrived but hopefully he’d get some time with the man soon.

Arthur’s nose scrunched slightly at the suggestion, he was not as liberal with his…affections as Silas. He didn’t feel really comfortable enough to approach people in such a way and he certainly wasn’t used to casually sleeping around, plus with the taboo surrounding his preferred partner, it only added to his prudishness. His cheeks still heated up a bit though. “That is surprising” Arthur agreed or maybe he was thinking too lowly of Silas. But everyone seemed to agree that he got around a lot, Arthur had probably already crossed paths with several of his lovers without knowing it. “I think I’m alright for the moment“ he insisted, he didn’t need to find anyone to share his bed tonight.

He followed Silas to the bar and watched as a shot was placed in front of him and arched an eyebrow at Silas’ three. Well, he had said yesterday that Silas should drink two for his every one, this was one better. He watched Silas take the shot dubiously before he was met with a look of expectation. He stared down at his shot, a little bit hesitant. He didn’t like alcohol, thought it tasted bad And he had the feeling that this was going to be horrible if his knowledge about shots was correct, but this had been his idea and besides, it was only little. How bad could it be?

Arthur picked it up before downing it just like Silas had. Unlike Silas however, he didn't manage to keep his composure. He coughed at the harshness, his tongue revolting at the strong taste. It turns out shots could be very bad. He looked at Silas almost accusingly although he knew he only had himself to blame. “How did you drink that so calmly?” He spluttered. “That is one of the worst things I've ever tasted” he complained. “Why on earth would you order yourself three!“ that seemed like cruel and unusual punishment. “Please tell me not all shots taste like that” the only good that could come from that horrid shot was that hopefully it’d be quick acting and get him feeling all nice and numb. Maybe shots would taste better if he was already drunk? Or maybe they just took practice? Arthur probably shouldn’t quit after one. “You know, I hear you have to try something at least 40 odd times to get your body to like it. I feel that many shots would kill me though, and if not would certainly be torture.” He really wanted that taste out of his mouth, maybe there was something nice and sweet he could cover it up with? “I cant help but feel like you Set me up for that, even if it was my idea”

Silas tried his best to keep his face as impassive as he could as Arthur picked up the glass. But as soon as he drank Silas couldn't contain his laughter. Oh poor Arthur. Silas spared a moment to give the guy a pat on the back. Though he doubted that would provide any help or comfort. Silas then teased. "Truly, A big strong knight like yourself should be able to handle this easily! " He played. Before shaking his head and informing Arthur. "No, They all suck I'm afraid. " Atleast in Silas's experience. Arthur was soon blaming Silas. Which yeah, Maybe Silas could have given him a bit more warning. But then he might not get to see that dramatic of a reaction. Silas though decided to give some curtesy to Arthur by asking the barkeeper for some water. Then he glanced down at his two remaining shots.

Best to drink them quickly. So, He soon downed both. Allowing himself to show a bit more emotion by cringing a touch. Though his own behaver was no where near as dramatic as Arthur. Silas then was reaching for one of the glasses of water to take a drink. Though it did little to get rid of the taste it helped a bit. Silas then told Arthur. "Truthfully I've never cared for them. But they can be exciting. " He mused. He then nudged Arthur and told him. "Atleast you can say you've tried it. " He mused. But the night wasn't over and Silas planned to do a bit more drinking. Though now far more casually. So, He ordered himself some mead and made his way away from the bar. Deciding to instead sit down at a table and relax for a moment.

Silas briefly scanned the room. Taking note of the men around. Though soon his gaze was moving back to Arthur and he grinned. "Maybe I should see if this place has any rooms for rent. In case you get too drunk. You are a bit of a light weight. " Sure, Silas figured he could drag Arthur back. But it might be easier to just stay in town. Besides, Silas wouldn't mind spending the night away from the castle. It was a relief to be away and he could already feel he was less tense. It always felt like he was constantly on edge at home. His gaze then softened and Silas then finally said. "Arthur... I'm sorry for leaving like I did. I... Should have said goodbye. " It felt like it needed to be said. He'd need to speak to Caroline too.

Silas’ laughter really made him feel better, not. At least Silas was getting him some water which was nice, helped stopped Arthur pouting a little. He watched Silas down his remaining shots and although Silas did react, it was honestly barely anything. Arthur didn't know how he did it. He supposed that Silas was right, at least he’d tried it, even if it had sucked. Wine or mead was a much better choice for Arthur, at least he could stomach that a bit better.

He followed after Silas, new drink of his own in hand and sat opposite him. It wasn’t a bad idea, would give them more time away from Rayner, would probably make the king angrier but he was going to be furious anyway. “It might be nice to stay in town” he agreed. “But I’ll do my best not to pass out on you” Caroline might be worried about them though, Arthur felt like he should’ve left her a note to say he might not be back tonight, hopefully she was sleeping and not worrying. He really needed to stop stressing his pregnant wife out and maybe support her a bit more.

Arthur was surprised to hear Silas apologise, he hadn’t expected one to say the least. “Yes, you should’ve” Arthur agreed. “You had me worried, I didn’t know what had happened to you!” He insisted. “But…that’s in the past, and I know it’s part of your nature, even if it’s not a part I’m a fan of” Silas was a runner, he just felt like it was a fact. “I’m sorry if I made you feel like running” Arthur added, he didn’t truly know why Silas had left - homesickness, frustration at getting nowhere with stopping the marriage or maybe he had been angry at Arthur - but Arthur wanted to cover his bases. “I know we sort of ended things on a sour note. I’m not sorry for sticking up for Kay and I do think your treatment of him was wrong but I wish we’d made up. I know our cultures are different, that you were brought up to see some things as normal that I wasn’t. I should have maybe been more understanding of that” He couldn’t have expected to change Silas’ mind about slaves from shouting at him or in one day. Although, it certainly felt like some of what Silas did and does was to annoy Arthur. “I plan to free Kay anyway” Arthur murmured, although he was sure that would raise an eyebrow from Silas. “I should‘ve done it long ago, it would’ve saved him a lot of hurt, and I regret how long I’ve denied him it” He should’ve freed Kay the second he set eyes on him and certainly when Kay had asked him for it, imagine the courage that must’ve taken and the heartbreak at being shot down. Oh he felt so bad “I’m such a hypocrite” he mumbled, how could he claim to be against slavery when he had his own? Even if he was nice to Kay, tried to protect him, it would never be the same as freedom, as being his own man. Arthur wanted Kay to be happy, even if it meant Kay might leave, although he hoped the man would stick around, Arthur would like to help him, but ultimately it should be Kay’s choice what he should do with his life.

Silas couldn't help but feel bad as it seemed he had worried Arthur. Though he couldn't say he was surprised to hear such. Arthur was a sweet guy. Of course he was worried. Running was part of his nature. That idea nearly made him wince. He didn't want to always run. But it just was a habit. Sometimes it seemed like the only escape. His gaze then flickered up as Arthur apologized. Arthur really wasn't to blame for Silas fleeing. No, There had just been so much happening. It had just all been so overwhelming. Though he let Arthur keep talking. Ah, The subject of slaves was a touchy one. Silas was used to them. Still had opinion of them that he knew Arthur would disagree with. So he bit his tongue.

But, Then Silas's expression seemed to become uncertain. Silas didn't want to start a fight. Not again. But he did find himself saying. "Are you... Certain? He's never been free, I doubt he'd know what to do with freedom. " But he wasn't sure Arthur's mind could be changed. And in the end, It didn't much effect Silas. Silas then glanced away in thought. Before telling Arthur. "The sla-Kay. He... Looks different then when I last saw him. " Before, Kay seemed to hide much of his emotions with a smile. Now that wasn't the case. Everytime Silas had caught a glimpse of the slave. The man just looked tired. Dark circles were under his eyes and he seemed to be focused on something far away. Silas couldn't say what exactly was on his mind. But it certainly wasn't anything happy.

Silas then warned Arthur. "Just... I can't imagine him sticking around after being free. So, Prepare yourself for that. " Before, Silas would have said Kay would simply linger around. Probable wouldn't know where to go. But now? Silas didn't think that would be the case anymore. He didn't know what Kay would do. But he doubt he'd stay at Arthur's side. Though perhaps Kay would prove him from! Shaking his head. Silas then huffed. "Enough of this sad conversation. Lets move to something more lively. " Glancing briefly away as to scan the room. Once satisfied no one was near enough to listen in. Silas then teased. "You're new little friend Vere is interesting. " He teased. Though Vere had seemed to become far shyer around Silas. So Silas probable hadn't got the best read on him.

Silas voicing the worries that Arthur had once had. He’d been worried that Kay wouldn’t be able to handle freedom, that he wouldn't be ready for it. But, freedom was a basic thing everyone should have, It might overwhelming to Kay but it was something he was owed. “He’s been through a lot” Arthur murmured. The fire and the flogging, it wasn’t nice but he knew that it was likely nothing compared to the death of Caroline’s lady. He would prefer Kay to stick around, so Arthur keep an eye on him and make sure he was okay but he could understand if he wanted to leave, being around them probably brought back painful memories, plus Kay wasn’t helpless, was probably more capable than most since his job was generally doing tasks for others.

Arthur sipped his drink as Silas scanned the room. He raised an eyebrow, trying to fight the slight blush creeping up his cheeks. “Oh really now?” He mused. “He barely said A word in Your company” Arthur pointed out. He thought Vere was interesting but he wouldn’t have said that Silas would think the same, Vere had been quiet and meek around Silas, not something that Arthur was used to from him, but he guessed Silas had probably shocked him a bit what with having just got out of the bath and proceeding to dress in front of them.

”i promise he’s normally more talkative than that” he said. ”he’s usually quite bold I’d say. He stole a bunch of the knight’s equipment, he kept trying to get me to sneak off and he didn’t hesitate to tell Caroline off” Vere had been a bit scared of Lance but that hadn’t stopped him from getting into trouble, and he had managed to get Arthur to sneak off, as well as Gaheris although that hadn’t ended well for Vere. “I don’t know how he’s survived as long as he has though, he can’t even light a fire for himself, yet somehow he’s managed fo explore quite a bit, I guess luck must be on his side” And luck had led them to Vere, probably so he didn’t freeze or starve to death. He figured this wasn’t the sort of stuff that Silas wanted to talk about when concerning Vere, but Arthur didn’t know what to say. They’d kissed twice but nothing since then, he didn’t want to really initiate anything himself and ruin a friendship but he also wasn’t sure what Vere’s thoughts on the matter was. “I do feel bad” he admitted. “I stole his first kiss, it was rude of me and I freaked him out a bit. I’m surprised he wanted to be around me after that”

Silas's smile widened as he noticed the blush growing on Arthur's face. Oh, He'd surely need to tease him more over his little crush! Arthur was right. Vere had been quiet around Silas. The boy had almost seemed a bit overwhelmed. Though Silas could not say by what. But, Arthur had wanted him to try and get a gauge on Vere. So, Silas had kept note of him whenever he noticed him in the castle. Taking a drink. He listened to Arthur's description, Frankly he sounded like a naive kid. But... Him surviving on his own out there in the snow? Silas wasn't sure he believed it. Vere couldn't be that lucky! Silas though shook his head before telling Arthur. "I don't think you need to worry so much Arthur. If he's as bold as you say, He probable would have told you he directly he didn't like the kiss if he had no interest. " Perhaps he might have been scared due to Arthur being a prince? But if that was the case he wouldn't have snapped at Caroline.

Silas though told Arthur. "I'm rather proud of you though! Aren't you starting to get wild! Going around kissing folks. Maybe I'm starting to rub off on you? " He teased, Yeah. Arthur did not need to be following Silas's example. That was a very bad idea! But Silas seemed to go into thought for a bit. Arthur seemed to be pretty smitten. Frankly, Silas hadn't been around Vere long enough to really know the other mans feelings. But, Arthur had described some about him so Silas then told Arthur. "But... From what I've seen and you've told me. I... Think you should keep trying with him. Just, Take things slow. " Vere had been locked up for who knows how long. Even if he was interested in Arthur. It could be a lot for him to deal with!

So, Silas then said playfully. "But he seems a nice guy, Certainly nice to look at. " He had pretty eyes, A kind smile, And while he did not have the same muscle as many of the knights. He was still well built. Which perhaps wasn't a surprise. He had scaled the castle after all! That wasn't a easy task! Silas then grinned at Arthur. "But you seem to keep finding pretty boys? Don't you? " Now he was just teasing Arthur. Hoping to further increase the mans blush.

Silas did have a point, if Vere really hadn’t liked it then he probably would‘ve shot Arthur down straight away. And, Vere had also initiated a kiss when they’d been outside Merlin’s room. Maybe there was hope for them after all? Athur’s blush darkened slightly at Silas’ praise and approval. “I had been drinking at the time” he admitted, it seemed to Be a habit of his to kiss men when drunk. He really didn’t want to be as wild as Silas, as much as he liked the other prince, he really thought it wasn't healthy and was a bit too irresponsible really, even if he was trying to loosen up.

Silas was suggesting not to give up, but instead take things slow which might be a bit difficult really. Arthur didn’t have much experience with relationships going slowly. He’d been engaged to Caroline before he met her, things with Ethan had escalated quickly and the abuse by Morgan hadn’t been that slow either. Maybe it would do Arthur good to have a more sedate and slow relationship. But that’s assuming Vere was actually interested. Vere may not want to go near him romantically, even if he was interested, because Arthur, after all, was a married man. Arthur didn’t like sneaking around behind Caroline’s back but he also didn’t feel comfortable telling her, still feared and dreaded her reaction.

Silas knew what to say to get Arthur to blush because it got more intense as he mentioned pretty boys. ”l can’t help it” he insisted. “They come to me, not the other way round” he said. For example, Kay had been gifted to him and Vere had climbed through his window. “Not that I’m complaining” he amended, he did enjoy the pretty boys after all. “Maybe im shallow?” He mused, he did seem to move very quickly with pretty people not giving himself a lot of time to get to know them. But this was Arthur!he’d shouted at Silas about slaves and he always tried to be very moral, it seemed odd to think he’d be shallow. “I feel like I’m a lot of things I never thought I was or would be” He explained. “I’m surely far more selfish than I ever thought” they were talking about him right now, not Silas, an example of selfishness right there. But he’d put his affairs before the kingdom really, risked his marriage, he was hogging Silas, he‘d had the nerve to cry at Kay being whipped when it wasn’t his pain but it was his fault. “And I’m reckless” running off after Loth, not a lot of people could deny that, but Arthur had always tried to be responsible. “And I’m a cheat” which….yeah. He wasn’t in love with Caroline romantically, nor her with him, but he had never really tried too hard to sweep her off her feet, he’d been too busy running around with Ethan. “Caroline’s going to hate me if she finds out” he muttered. “When she finds out” he didn’t think that he would be able to hold onto his secrets forever, he wasn’t that foolish. “Doesn’t matter how pretty the boys are, I can’t see her forgiving me for lying to her so much” he murmured. “She’s been so truthful to me and I’ve done nothing but betray her” She’d admitted her affair, must’ve taken so much courage to do, courage Arthur didn’t think he had. He couldn’t just tell her, it wasn’t just his secret and it was double jeopardy with his choice of partner as well.

Oh, Arthur's blushing was adorable and Silas couldn't help but giggle. Seemed Arthur enjoyed his pretty men though. Silas though blinked at Arthur as he continued talking. Taking another swig of his drink as he let Arthur talk. But then he sat up straighter. Leaning over the table and glaring at Arthur before flicking him on the forehead. warned Arthur. "Stop doing that. " He huffed. Shaking his head. "Theres a lot of things wrongs with all of that. But, Lets start easy. " He then flopped back down in his seat. The alcohol seemed to be finally hitting Silas. But he managed to keep his focus. Pointing out. "Do you really think Caroline hates anyone? That she'd hate you? " Sure, Caroline had people she disliked. But she didn't really seem to hate anyone. Atleast from what Silas had seen.

Silas then told Arthur rather bluntly. "If you don't wanna lie. Just tell her. She won't tell on you. " She couldn't, This marriage was too important. Besides, She was already married to Arthur and it would reflect badly on herself if the truth came out. But even without that. Silas wasn't convinced Caroline would reveal anything anyway. She might not be pleased or approve. But she cared about Arthur, Even if she didn't love him. She'd stay quiet for his sake if nothing else. But all this was easier said then done.

Silas then suddenly announced. "C'mon, I'll tell her with you." Rising to his feet. Except, When he stood. Well. He could already tell he'd probable went a bit overboard with three shots, And a glass of mead. He was a bit wobbly. Okay, Maybe he wouldn't help tell her now. But eventually! So, Silas sunk down into his seat. Shaking his head firmly and telling Arthur. "But, My point still stands! Whats the worst that could happen? " He pointed out, Well, Caroline might not be able to reveal it. But she could still be disgusted with Arthur or something? But Silas didn't think that would be the case. She probable had a idea over what was going on between Silas and Ronan. Silas wasn't shy afterall! Though it was doubtful she knew all the details. But, In the end Caroline still talked to him!

Arthur scowled and rubbed his head after Silas flicked him. What was that for? Stop doing what? Telling him the truth! Well who was Arthur supposed to talk to then. Because it’s not like Arthur belived he was being silly or over exaggerating, no, he thought his words were true. Easy? Silas’ suggestion of easy was to tell her? He had to be joking!…..right? “She seems to hate my mother” he murmured, although maybe hate was too strong a word and he couldn’t really blame her, Malia hadn’t been particularly kind to Caroline. She had a real distaste for slaves thinking they were above their so called station but again probably not a hate, she didn’t think of them as human enough to hate them. Maybe Caroline had hated Loth, for what he’d done to her lady but he was dead now and no one would think it overreacting for her to hate him.

It wasn’t so much that Arthur was worried she’d tell, although he would rather she didn’t, it was more how she individually would react. He didn’t want her to hate him, to not even want to look at them. He didn’t want their marriage in jeopardy, if this baby wasn’t a boy they’d need to try again, plus it might not even be his, and he wasn’t going to force her into anything. It would really just be easier and safer and happier if she didn’t despise him. But she could still tell, as much damage as it might do to her, that ship had sort of already sailed, then again who would she tell? Alexander already knew, he’d try to stop her from telling the public, and well, that wouldn’t end pretty for anyone.

Alarm flashed through Arthur as Silas insisted they tell her, standing up to do so now. He was relieved when the other prince didn’t get very far. He shook his head at him. “I don’t know the worst that could happen, and I don’t want to find out” he insisted. “Even if she keeps quiet, it’s going to make our marriage awkward and I don’t want her to look at me differently” he sighed, morosely sipping his drink. He didn’t want to have to wake up and see reservation in Her eyes, or disgust. He wasn’t sure he could handle it if she was horrified of him for the rest of their lives. All this alcohol was making him emotional and he was not as confident as Silas was about how Caroline might take it. She might know about Silas but he was convinced that was different, he was her brother, she couldn’t hate him. “Besides, it’s not just my secret to tell” he added.

”She’s going to connect the dots, I know she will” he muttered. “I told her I was seeing someone else, she assumed I meant Morgan when it all came out but once she knows this she’ll realise that’s not who I meant” She’d seen that him and Ethan had been close, that they’d also split apart. “She’ll realise that from almost day one of having met her, I’ve been betraying her.“ things with Ethan had kicked off pretty quickly after all and not just that: “I can’t tell her Silas, because every time I should’ve been there for her, every time she was on own and she was upset or hurt or attacked I was cheating on her” Even if she kept her mouth shut about him, she might be mean to Ethan and he didn’t want to cause any more pain. He felt a bit blubbery actually, eyes feeling a bit watery at the confession. “She was bleeding out, they weren't sure she was going to make it, and it’s because I let her go on her own just so I could sleep with Ethan” and that hadn’t actually been the plan from the get go but it had panned out that way. Okay, maybe he was crying a little, the alcohol had gotten to him and the guilt was horrible. He could still see her laying there, covered in blood. It had been traumatising to see, let alone experience. He’d failed her, plain and simple. “She’ll never forgive me. and She shouldn’t. I’m not even sure I want her to” Silas should hate him too, for not protecting his sister and causing her hurt through his lies and negligence.

Last edited:
Silas couldn't help but let out a long sigh as Arthur talked, Well, Seemed confessing to Caroline wasn't in the cards for today. Which made Silas wrinkle his nose. Arthur seemed convinced it would ruin things between them. Silas did not seem to share that sentiment. But Arthur kept talking and Silas was reminded of when Caroline was injured. He could feel his entire body tensing at that, His mouth dry. Arthur wasn't at all at fault for what happened. But Silas did not think he'd told the full story on the matter. They knew Ronan was behind the bandits. That Silas had apparently killed him as soon as he found out. But that wasn't true. Sitting back. Silas swallowed before telling Arthur. "Shush, If anyones at fault for her being hurt that day. Its me. " His voice quiet. And he considered saying nothing more. Except, He didn't think he could.

Finally Silas looked down at his hands. "No one was supposed to be hurt. I told Ronan... I told Ronan to hire some thugs. Just to spook Carolines ladies. Nothing more. " Silas had never wanted anyone hurt, He had figured if the ladies deemed the palace to unsafe. They might decide to leave! Return home! Possibly cancel or atleast stall the wedding for a bit. But that hadn't been the case. Silas then muttered. "Then Ronan... He just... " Silas wiped his hand over his face. Oh, He was bracing himself for Arthur to yell at him. He should have revealed this all earlier. But it just... It had been something Silas wanted to forget about. "He wouldn't stop... So I stopped him. " If Silas had more control over the situation, He could have kept a handle on Ronan. Then neither Caroline would be injured. And Ronan would likely still be alive. But that wasn't the case.

Silas went quiet. He wasn't looking at Arthur. But he could already tell this wasn't something he should have revealed. Yet there wasn't much backing out. He had let Ronan get away with far too much. Yet, There were moments when Silas wondered if the bandits attacks had been sololy planned by Ronan. Or if Ronan was working with others? Perhaps Silas shouldn't have killed him so quickly, Asked more questions? But Silas really didn't want to think about it. His arms crossed before he shook his head. Murmuring. "People died, And my sister was hurt, In the end. I am at fault. " He should have had more control over Ronan, But he had been afraid and loved him.

Arthur didn’t like lying to Caroline so maybe he’d tell her one day, although she might have discovered it or figured it out by then, but right now it felt like too large a mountain to climb. It was daunting and Arthur didn’t yet feel comfortable enough to tell her. It was Silas’ turn to share now though and Arthur couldn’t see how he was to blame. Arthur went to wipe away the few tears that had fallen down his face although he froze as Silas revealed he’d gotten Ronan to hire the bandits. He looked at Silas with wide, incredulous eyes, sincerely hoping he was joking.

When it had been revealed it was Ronan behind it, there had been debate whether Silas was also involved. Arthur had believed his innocence, Lance less so. It seemed Lance had been right to be suspicious. Clearly things had spiralled out of Silas’ control, it didn’t seem like all that death had been his plan but the fact that he’d initiated it all…..that was a dangerous thing to reveal. Those bandits had set fire to the castle, shot Caroline, slaughtered a whole kitchen, injured Gareth and even hurt Galahad, they had caused so much trouble and Silas could not have his link to them known. “You can’t tell anyone else about your involvement“ Arthur hissed seriously. “It’s grounds for execution, or a war” He understood that Silas hadn’t meant to cause all that harm, but the fact was that he had gotten the ball rolling and people couldn’t know that the prince of another kingdom was involved. Arthur was shocked though, at what Silas had done, and that he’d admitted it.

”I…” Arthur wasn’t sure what to say. Silas wasn’t devoid of blame, but he hadn’t asked the bandits to target his sister, they’d clearly had their own agenda and was just using Silas’ plan as an excuse. “It was a stupid idea but those bandits were under orders from more than just Ronan” he murmured. “Not all that blood is on you” although a bit probably was. Things really had taken an upsetting turn, they were meant to be having fun, but how could Arthur cheer things up when Silas had just admitted to initiating mass murder. “We’ve all made mistakes, some more costly than others“ like Arthur trusting Morgan, that put his whole kingdom at risk but Arthur didn’t want to dwell on that right now.

Seems they were to be interrupted though. Arthur hadn’t been paying too much attention to the bar around them, focused on Silas and his drink, so he hadn’t noticed that a knight had made their way in. It helped that he wasn’t in armour and all that but well, the knight noticed him. Of course a knight would recognise their prince, especially one they’d been travelling with for ages. It was Galehaut and he was frowning at the two princes from the bar. Galehaut had visited Silas’ kingdom before, when following Lance when they were younger so perhaps that’s why he’d chosen to go for a wander so soon, but well, knights were naturally bold. He watched them for a bit before he approached, drink in hand. He stopped at their table but didn’t sit down. Galehaut didn’t think he’d ever spoken to Silas but he knew that was who the other man was. “Well, fancy seeing you two here” he murmured although his voice wasn’t overly amused.

Arthur tensed at Galehaut’s arrival, eyes snapping to him, glancing briefly at Silas then looking back at Galehaut. One had to remember that Galehaut and Arthur weren’t particularly friends and Arthur thought Galahad might enjoy dragging him back to the castle. Galehaut did seem a little pleased at how on edge Arthur had gotten. “Something tells me you’re not supposed to be though” he mused. “Although I guess that your new things isn’t it, doing things you're not supposed to” Galehaut had comforted Ethan after all after the Morgan news, and yes he’d heard about the drugging but it didn’t change what had happened. He could have at least told Ethan first before causing all that hurt so publicly. And Galehaut also knew about Arthur’s proclivities so he let his eyes sweep to Silas. “Don’t tell me your middle name is ‘things you’re not supposed to’.“ and that was teasing, said with a bit of a smirk, even if he didn’t fully believe that Arthur would be sleeping with the other prince.

Silas could tell Arthur was shocked, Even if he wasn't looking at him. Half expected yelling. But this was a public place and Arthur kept his voice low. Seemed Arthur was willing to keep this secret quiet. Was even warning Silas that he could not tell another soul. Silas didn't know why that surprised him. But it did. He'd expected more fury. Even if that did not really fit Arthur's nature. Perhaps he wanted a bit of anger? But turning his gaze to Arthur. He stared at the other man. "I- " But they weren't alone. Silas could see out of the corner of his eye another approaching. And Silas took the moment to look away. To try and rid such emotions from his face. Taking a few breaths.

He then heard the man stop next to them and Silas, Forced himself to focus on the new comer. Looking towards Galahaut. Ah, A knight. Of course. Silas couldn't fully put a name on him, If he was sober he probable would have been able too. But drunk him was a bit too frazzled at the moment. Forcing a lazy grin on his face. He took in the man, He was handsome. That was something Silas soon noticed. And soon the man was questioning them and Silas then mused. "Maybe. " He spoke playfully. Forcing himself to try and be rid of the previous topic. Though Galehaut might be able to read that the two men were rather rattled. Silas could be a good actor though. He'd been taught how to hide emotions after all.

Silas then grinned at Galehaut. Telling. "Nah my friend, I'm not that easy. As you can see, I need to be wined and dined first." Motioning to the table they sat at. Not that they had any food. Silas might have ordered some. But the bar was really only good for drinks. The food was horrible. Silas then looked over Galehaut. Uncertain if the man would attempt to drag them back. But Silas didn't want to let that even seem a option. Though this night had already been rather dreadful. "We were actually planning to see some of the city once we finished our drinks. Which I suppose we're about done with. " Silas had finished his atleast and didn't feel too eager to drink any more.

Biting his lip in thought. Silas then settled. "Mmm... If you like, You can tag along. " He was a knight, Thus was probable a friend of Arthur! Arthur seemed on edge, But Silas assumed he'd be like that towards any of the knights that found them! Besides, Silas had a feeling that even if Galehaut didn't drag them back. He might still want to keep a eye on them. Arthur was his prince and this was a new city.

Galehaut was an aristocrat and a diplomat so was used to conversation with hidden emotions. He raised an eyebrow at Silas’ playfulness, a bit amused. Arthur on the other hand, shot Silas a slight glare. He should not be encouraging such talk and not with Galehaut! But Silas didn’t know the pair were hardly friends. So he was soon inviting them along with them. “Mmm, I better, otherwise I fear you two might end up sleeping on the streets” He’d seen Silas stumble when he’d stood up earlier, and if he had to guess Silas was the experience drinker out of the two, he might have to drag them to an inn or something before they passed out.

Arthur finished off his drink quickly, going to get to his feet. “I think we‘ll be find on our own, Galehaut” he insisted but well, the alcohol had definitely gotten to him, his words were slightly slurred and he wasn’t exactly steady on his feet. Arthur didn’t want Galehaut tagging along, even if he knew some secrets of Arthur’s, he didn’t want the night to be awkward. Maybe they should have him accompany them though, in case someone recognised them as princes and decided to try their luck. “Uh huh, sure” Galehaut commented as he watched Arthur sway. “You probably couldn't make it halfway down the street without help. Don’t worry, I’m not going to drag you back, that is far too much work, but if you’ve travelled all this way only to get stabbed in the streets or something, your dad’s going to be p*ssed. Lance and Percival too, and I’m not having that on my head” Galehaut muttered crossing his arms over his chest. And he wasn’t the most muscular of knights but it did show off his biceps a bit. He was a tall man with naturally olive skin, made darker by a tan although still a little lighter than Arthur himself. He had the high cheekbones of nobility and plush lips, topped with warm brown eyes and brown hair that fell in looser curls than Arthur’s, more like waves against his head. And unlike Arthur, Galehaut suited noble dress, complimented his slighter figure and he looked far more comfortable in it. Arthur wondered if Ethan had made a move on him but had to force it out of his mind before it hurt too much.

Arthur tried his best not to pout, why did Galehaut have to be right? He should really be less selfish and think of his family and the kingdom. So it seemed Galehaut was coming with them and Arthur looked at Silas to lead the way and yeah, maybe someone should let Arthur use them for balance because he probably wouldn’t make it very far otherwise. Galeahut downed his drink which was pretty impressive as he’d just bought it before addressing his prince again. “oh Arthur, don’t look so miserable. I’m not here to stop you from getting into trouble. You can do as much drinking, drugs and sex as you want. Im just here to stop you getting killed and make sure you get back in the end, wouldn’t want you to miss out of the consequences after all” Galehaut promised with a bright white smile. Yeah, he didn’t care if Arthur did I’ll advised things, he just wanted to make sure he got back into order to get into trouble.

Arthur it seemed wasn't eager for Galehaut to join them. Something that confused Silas a bit. But he was beginning to pick up on the tension between them and well. He had a feeling they perhaps weren't as friendly with eachother as Silas had first assumed. He'd need to keep a closer eye on things then it seemed. Standing up, Silas used the table as a bit of support. The two might not be able to do much exploring with the state they were in! Silas had narrowed his eyes at Galehaut though and straightened himself up. Stepping forward as to block Galehaut's view of Arthur. And oh, Silas had only just noticed that Galehaut was fairly tall. Up close it was hard not to admire his looks a bit. But memories also came back. Ones of a less then fun journey with the other knights. So maybe Silas tensed a bit.

Silas then warned Galehaut. "If you're going to be a d*ck then you can f*ck off. Me and Arthur are here to enjoy our night. " His words were a bit slurred. But he managed to hold himself together. Stepping away. Silas reached to try and grasp Arthur's arm. They could use eachother to hold themselves up! Though that might make them topple quicker. But, Silas was then attempting to tug Arthur along with him and out the bar. Silas was going to need to keep a close eye on Galehaut if he enjoyed them.

Soon enough Silas felt the cold air of outside. A sharp contrast from the warmth inside, But, The cold was familiar and Silas reacted little to it. His gaze scanning along before he was pointing. "There, That should take us to the main street. I think. " All the celebration would probable be happening more in the center of town. But Silas's directions perhaps weren't at there bests. He was fairly certain he could navigate them along. Though... Maybe it was actually the other ally they needed to take? This one might actually lead them to a more shadier part of town. Really it was a flip of the coin. But if Silas was wrong, They could always turn back. So he then continued along.

The pair were hardly hiding the animosity between them so it didn’t take long for Silas to pick up on it. Funny how Silas mirrored what Arthur had done earlier, going to block Arthur protectively from Galehaut. Arthur didn’t seem Galehaut so much as a threat as he did Rayner though, they might not get on but Galehaut was still a knight sworn to protect him and his family. Galehaut noticed the protective gesture and looked at the pair curiously snd again in amusement. Seems they were close. Although he’d already guessed that by how they’d been acting and snuck out together.

Arthur was pleased when Silas told Galehaut off, felt touched to be honest. He stumbled after Silas, feeling a bit giddy but Galehaut remained in tow. “Oh I’ll be perfectly pleasant” Galehaut promised the pair. “I imagine you’ll put on quite the show” They were already swaying like anything and it might be good to get an insight into the two prince’s relationship, …for diplomatic reasons of course, Rayner or Alexander might like to know, or maybe Ethan. So, he followed quietly after the two.

“you think?” Arthur questioned, his head felt dizzy, although the cold did bring him a certain clarity, and He didn’t think he’d be much use in navigating, even if he had known the place. “As you long as you don’t leave me alone in town” he muttered. “There’s no way I can find my way back on my own” maybe Galehaut would help? Although help was probably a strong word for what Galehaut might offer, he was just there for entertainment and slight protection. Maybe they should try and ditch Galehaut? It couldn’t be too difficult to lose him in a crowd, although he was tall so could probably see over everyone. Arthur made sure to stay close to Silas and ignore Galehaut but well….his presence was sort of looming over him. “You two seem close” Galehaut commented, almost innocently, and he would like to gauge the situation. “I‘d heard you two weren’t exactly the best of friends. “Then again, I also heard prince Silas was full of poison and cowardice. Maybe some rumours are less true than others”

Well, It seemed Galehaut would be keeping them company. Hopefully he wouldn't hinder there fun! Outside, Silas shrugged a bit as Arthur questioned him. "Eh. " Yeah, That probable wasn't comforting. But Silas had grown up around here! He could probable still navigate them around while drunk. Silas then shook his head and mused. "Don't worry so much, I got you. " He had no plans of ditching Arthur. Where was the fun in that? Besides, Silas was enjoying being near Arthur. Leading the way, He tensed as he heard talking behind him. Glancing back towards Galehaut. Nearly tripping when he did.

Silas tried not to bristle at Galehaut's words. But maybe he gripped Arthur's arm a bit tighter as he glared at the knight. He didn't like being referred to as a coward. Even if he considered it true. He knew Galehaut was trying to get under their skin. He didn't know Galehaut. Didn't fully know his relationship with Arthur. But he wasn't just going to put up with this. Eventually stopping and turning in the snow. They were still in the alleyway. So away from prying eyes and Silas crossed his arms. Facing Galehaut. He then growled. "No, We ain't... We aint playing this game. " He told in frustration.

Silas shook his head, Telling Galehaut. "I dunno what is wrong with you knights. But I aint dealing with it tonight. Did Gawain talk to you? " Gawain had done a good job of turning the knights against him during the journey. He half wondered if Gawain had already gotten to Galehaut to spread his hatred. Or maybe this was simply Galehaut's beef with Arthur. Silas didn't know. Silas then told Galehaut. "I've dealt with enough during travel. The castle is hell. And I don't want to think. So once again, I'm telling you. If you keep acting like this. You can just leave. " Even if they were just small remarks. Silas didn't want to deal with them tonight. He just wanted to enjoy himself! Though, He really couldn't force Galehaut to leave. The most he'd be able to do would be ditch him.

Arthur was finding it a bit hard to concentrate on anything more than the present, the grip on his arm and the sound of them walking and the echoes of people far away was all trying to pull his attention and it left him with very little thinking power left. It was reassuring to hear Silas had him, that much he knew and he pressed even closer to the other prince as his grip tightened, although he did frown slightly. Arthur actually didn’t even notice Silas stopping, not until he almost went sprawling as he kept walking and the hand gripping him didn't move with him. He spun a bit dazedly and peered up at Galehaut as he huddle close to Silas.

”game? I don’t know what you’re talking about“ Galehaut feigned innocence, refuting the claim. “Me and Gawain aren’t that close” Galehaut stated. No, he was Lance’s friend and Gawain no longer was so that put whatever friendship they might’ve had a bit off the table. Galehaut glanced past them, up the alleyway before looking back at Silas. “Sure, I can leave you in this part of town if you really want. You two seem very capable of making good decisions.” Galehaut did not think they were walking towards the friendly side of town. “Tell you what, you two go off and get into whatever trouble you like, Ill just stay nearby and swoop in clear up the mess” he waved dismissively at them, he could babysit them from afar, they could go and get stabbed, he’d just make sure to stop the bleeding.

Arthur frowned up at Galehaut. He wasn’t really sure why they didn’t get on, they just never really had. it was quite odd really as Arthur got on with most people; it’s not like Galehaut was cruel or morally corrupt, they had just never clicked. They didn’t associate much anyway nowadays, Galehaut was often away, they only hung out around Lance. Arthur went to tug on Silas’ arm to lead them away. “Cmon, let’s leave him here“ Arthur insisted, Galehaut was really harshing the mod snd impacting his buzz. He was also sort of being a bit of a prick but Arthur didn’t say that, he was sort of used to it from Galehaut when they were alone. “We don’t need a babysitter” he insisted. Except if this was the bad part of town like Galehaut thought, they probably could do with one.

Silas wrinkled his nose at Galehaut. Oh, Galehaut totally knew what he was doing. But they didn't need him! They'd be fine on their own! And yeah, Maybe Silas's sense of direction was off. But what was the worst that could happen? They'd be fine! Silas might have said more, But he could feel Arthur tugging his arm and it caused Silas to look up at Arthur. Pouting for a moment before looking back at Galehaut. Huffing. "Do what you want, But we don't need you. " He then moved, As if to continue down the allyway. Only to pause and stick his tongue out at Galehaut as one last act of defiance. Okay, Maybe childish. But Silas felt like being a bit childish!

Then he was once more walking at Arthur's side. Holding onto the others arm as he walk. They didn't need Galehaut, Yeah! They could handle this all on there own. Silas figured Galehaut would keep true to his word, He'd follow behind and watch them and wait for them to make a mistake so he could laugh. But Silas wasn't going to make any mistake! Oh.... He nearly faltered as he realized that this... It really wasn't the route to the main street. He'd managed to get them into one of the more shadier parts of town. One Silas had only been too a few times with Ronan. Hopefully they wouldn't get mugged!

This was fine, He just needed to get them back on track! He could just turn around and walk down the right ally! Except, That felt like admitting defeat. He didn't want to turn around. He could find his way back from here. He'd been here before! He just had to think. So he then told Arthur. "We... Uh... This is the wrong way. C'mon, Lets.... Lets go this way. " He murmured. Tugging on Arthur's arm. Things were quiet down this road. Which Silas wasn't sure if that was a good thing or a bad thing. But it was best not to linger. He'd get them back on track soon enough. Then they could go back to having fun. They didn't need Galehauts help!

Galehaut rolled his eyes at them. They both seemed pretty senseless, but he was being kinder than some knights. Most would’ve hauled them straight back to the castle, physically carried them if they had to, although it’d be harder to carry Arthur than Silas but they were an inventive lot, they’d find a way. So, they were soon leaving Galehaut behind, or at least at a distance and Arthur found himself relaxing a bit more and leaning further into Silas’ grip. Arthur had no idea where they were but that would be true drunk Or not.

Silas didn’t seem to have much clue either. “I thought you knew your way around” Arthur complained gently, glancing around them, the fuzziness in his brain stopping any true panic from reaching him. They were out for a nice stroll, his limbs were comfortably numb and he had Silas for company, things weren’t so bad. “Surely there‘s something fun around here for us to do?” He spoke into the quiet street. If this was such a bad part of town wouldn’t the streets be more wild? Like a black market or criminals fighting. Maybe Arthur had a very naïve view of how less than legal things worked.

“Or maybe we have to make our own fun” he said. “I’ve never had a snowball fight” he murmured, although they were in the city so they snow was kept a bit at bay by the warmth of the streets and people. There was a lot Arthur hadn’t done, didn’t mean he should try every activity. “Or we could sit and look at the stars. They’re Very pretty here” he breathed, something about the cold seemed to make them shine brighter. “What do you want to do? It shouldnt all be about me” Maybe Silas wanted to go gambling or try and find one of his party friends, or make their way out of the city, maybe to those ruins he’d mentioned. Arthur wasn’t sure how far he could walk though, his legs weren’t feeling the most steady, well, they weren’t feeling much at all what with the alcohol and the cold. “You deserve happiness too” he insisted and reached s hand out to squeeze Silas’ arm back.

The night was quiet and Silas was glad for Arthur's company. He was warm and Silas found himself leaning a bit closer to the other as they walked. He liked this. Being close to Arthur, Or perhaps he simply liked having the company of another person so near. Silas gently huffed at Arthur's words. "I do. " He whined. He kinda knew his way! Fun. Silas's mind perhaps went to dirtier things. But then Arthur kept talking and Silas found himself gently chuckling at the idea of a snowball fight. It would be nice fun. Looking at the stars was also tempting. Silas had expected to drag the two back to town. To enjoy the crowds and shopping. But sitting staring at the stars quietly. For some reason that felt very tempting. His gaze flickered up towards the sky and he smiled. "I... I like that plan. "

He deserved happiness? Sometimes Silas wasn't sure if that was the case. But he kept quiet on that. Glancing towards Arthur. He suddenly found himself becoming very aware of how near they were. The touch of gold in Arthur's eyes. That goofy drunk smile. Was he staring? He was totally staring. Without thinking he was murmuring. "You make me happy... " But then his mind was catching up and he was registering what he was saying. His cheeks were heating up. Pulling his gaze away. He was drunk, He was into Lance! Sure, Arthur did make him happy. But he didn't see him in that light! Right? Best to move on. So Silas then squeaked. "Well, We should uh- " He fumbled. Moving away to once more lead the way. But his feet were tripping underneath him. And well, He was falling into the snow.

Hopefully Arthur wasn't relying to much on Silas to keep him upright! Else he might fall with him! The snow here wasn't too deep. But it was still freezing and it took Silas a moment to regain his bearings. Silas imagined Galehaut was probable watching the scene and judging the two very much. But Silas was more focused on his own red cheeks. Maybe the two should simply call it a night. Simply go and try and find a inn. They were sort of stumbling all over the place afterall!

There was a burst of warmth inside Arthur as Silas liked his idea and if he’d been able to, he would’ve leaned even closer to Silas, but as it was the pair were stuck together like glue, touching as much as seemed possible. Arthur looked back at Silas, unaware of the staring even though he was doing the same back, he’d sort of lost track of the concept of time, it was hard to tell if this moment was lasting a second or an hour. Then Silas spoke and Arthur was too drunk to even consider teasing him, all he could think was that Silas’ words were very sweet and his smile stretched even further across his face. He liked Silas happy, it made him happy.

Unfortunately, Arthur was very much using Silas as support, he probably couldn’t stand up on his own and he was leaning heavily on the other prince. So, when Silas went tumbling, Arthur followed suit. Given that Arthur had been leaning into Silas when he fell, it wasn’t too surprising that Arthur landed on Silas. Hopefully Silas was drunk enough to not feel it too much. Arthur himself was too drunk to complain about the cold, although he could sense it, the feeling didn’t really make its way past his skin, it helped that Silas was warm under him. Arthur went to prop himself up slightly, and a bit shakily, looking down at Silas, gaze snagged on this wonderful green eyes of his, and then he burst out laughing, which didn’t really help his stability so he was soon collapsing again and going to roll off Silas and lay in the snow next to him. He let his chuckles subside as he looked up into the night sky and reached out to grab Silas’ hand. Well, they could see the stars right here. Wow, the stars were wonderful.

He turned his head to look at Silas, snow probably already all in his hair, not that he could feel it. That smile was still on his face and His eyes were wide and bright. “Have you ever seen a sight so beautiful?“ he breathed, staring at the other prince. Arthur had honestly already forgotten about Galehaut tailing them from afar, he couldn’t think much past this moment and the little bubble of privacy that surrounded him and Silas. Silas was all that filled his vision right now anyway and oh what were they doing again? Oh yeah, looking at the stars, but Arthur couldn’t find the will to turn his head again. They probably should grab themselves a room at an inn before they ended up falling asleep in the streets or went crashing down on something a bit less soft than snow.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back