• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fantasy I Was Fine Until You

When Caleb walked in, the talking stopped which wasn’t surprising. Chris wasn’t drunk enough to reveal it was Agravain to her. It was alarming that he told anyone though, it wasn’t Good to have secrets this dangerous, not to spill them when drunk. Lance had almost told Silas about Caroline though when drinking with him, he’d at least given away far too much information and yeah, Caroline had let it spill when drunk. Kids these days, just couldn’t hold their liquor any more!

“Sleep it off” he agreed. “We can talk in the morning” although…that was still going to be awkward. Chris knew not to tell anyone, and he didn’t want to talk to Caleb about her husband, but…they should still probably check who knew, if anyone else knew at all, and maybe if they knew how Long Chris had been crushing on him, how easy it would be for him to get over him. Lance looked towards Caleb, she was going to want to know if Chris had said anything extra to him and he didn’t know whether he Should tell her. On the one hand, he was sure she could commiserate and he didn’t think she’d be horrible to Chris, but, she did risk telling Agravain and it’s not like she could tell Chris how to get over him because she’d ended up marrying him.

Chris was a lightweight when it came to alcohol, but he wasn’t the only one. Arthur was as well, and he risked getting drunk again tonight what with the party. He wasn’t feeling great about it, nerves in his stomach. He knew he was going to be judged by the nobles of Caroline’s kingdom, he only hoped that Silas would show up as promised to help support him. Caroline had said she might go but he was aware she might leave early if she wasn’t feeling well. And Arthur didn’t want to spend much time around King Rayner, the thought made his sick and angry. Yeah, he might end up drinking then because it didn’t sound like a good night.

Christopher couldn't help but frown a bit. Shifting before nodding. Really, Sleeping it off did sound nice. His shoulder hurt and he was rather worn off. So he soon nodded his head and flopped back on the bed. Stretching out. Caleb couldn't help but watch in mild amusement before her eyes went to Lance. Murmuring. "C'mon, Lets let him rest. " Gesturing for him to follow and taking a step out the door. Though she didn't jump to ask questions. Figured Lance would simply tell her if anything important was said. Besides, Once Christopher sobered up they'd be able to more properly question him.

Sadly for Arthur, It seemed Caroline would not be joining them. During the day she'd only begun to feel more ill and thus decided it best to remain in her room. But Silas was keeping good on his word to join Arthur. Though perhaps he wasn't the most pleased to be going. But, He had no intentions of arriving early. Thus, Lingered in a hallway not far from Arthur's room. He figured he'd see Arthur come threw on his way to the even soon enough. So casually leaned against the nearby wall. Adjusting his sleeve. Silas was a naturally handsome man, But dressed up all properly now? He certainly looked dashing. Except for maybe the way his nose wrinkled in frustration and thought.

Rayner was no doubt going to be a terror tonight. Maybe not while guests were around, But once they left? He'd surely find something to judge the two on. Silas was expecting it. So perhaps he didn't plan to be on his best behavior. Maybe him and Arthur could escape early? Possibly go into town for some fun. Sure. That would only get them into more trouble. But Silas thought it far better then remaining here.

Arthur was a little disappointed that Caroline wouldn’t be joining them, it was meant to be a party for them after all, but he understood why she was staying behind and didn’t blame her. He’d made sure he was in some of his fanciest clothes, done his best to tame his curls and put on some nice cologne. He didn’t think it was possible to please Rayner but Arthur didn’t want to purposely get on His bad side and it never hurt to make a good impression. He might disagree with Silas’ plan to cause trouble, he would figure it safer to act nice and proper, give Rayner less to complain about, although he was aware Silas seemed to think his father picked on him over every little thing and he was inclined to agree thus far.

Arthur wished Caroline goodbye and encouraged her to feel better soon before he was out the door and making his way, albeit slightly reluctantly, towards the party. He was so caught up in his thoughts that he almost missed Silas but when he spotted him, he faltered slightly, stumbling his step out of surprise before composing himself. He’d expected to meet Silas inside, but that wasn’t what had caught him off guard. Silas looked….well, when Arthur had first met Silas he’d noticed how handsome he was, but that had been after a long gruelling trip and they hadn’t known each other or been friends and Silas had actually be rather rude, now that he was cleaned up and Arthur knew there was some kindness to him, it only added to his look. The clean shirt complimented Silas’ paler skin, and his hair was neat enough for it not to distract Arthur from his cheekbones and yeah, Silas shared those wondrous green eyes with Caroline. It was a good look for him. He suited the tidy dress of nobles better than Arthur did, still….Silas could’ve looked more handsome if he had joy in his eyes and a smile on his face, maybe red cheeks from laughter, Arthur preferred him to look more relaxed. He didn’t say any of that though, just let his eyes sweep up and down quickly before smiling at him and raising a teasing eyebrow. “You look good” he appraised, “I hope you didn’t get dressed up just for me” Silas teased him all the time, only fair to tease right back.

”Caroline doesn’t feel well enough to come” he explained to Silas. “Maybe for the best, I wouldn’t want her stressed out at this function” She had been quite protective of Arthur at the wedding, putting herself between Loth and him in order to keep him safe, and whilst he didn’t think there'd be a physical threat like that to him here, he’d be bound to get comments about his illegitimate child, his marriage and his kingdom. He should stick up for himself, and Caroline didn’t need to think about such comments. Hopefully, if Rayner mentioned her pregnancy, people would be understanding of her absence and maybe be more happy with their marriage, he wasn’t convinced though.

Silas had been pretty deep in thought, When he heard the sound of footsteps. Gaze lifting and ah, It seemed Arthur had arrived and the man looked... Well, A bit taken aback. Something that caused amusement to cross Silas's face. Standing up straighter as he listened to Arthur talk. Smirk on his lips as he joked. "I always look good. " No one could deny Silas wasn't a confident young man! He did seem a bit more worried as Arthur continued talking. That was clear on his face. He'd need to go and check on Caroline as soon as the party was over. He loved his little sister and her pregnancy? It was a scary thing. "Shame, It would probable be easier with her there. Sure we both can't just ditch now? " It wasn't too late! They could run off into town! No, Silas didn't think he'd be able to convince Arthur to leave with him. They were stuck doing this.

Silas's expression turned more serious though, Looking over and studying Arthur as if to appraise him. Before he nodded his head. More to himself then anyone else. "Just, Stay near me and I can take the lead in any conversations that come about. " He'd be able to help curve most of the questions he figured. Make it a touch easier on Arthur. Though Silas was sure Arthur would be put in a position where he needed to answer things. Which would surely be a headache.

Silas was then moving away. Motioning for Arthur to follow. Though he walked at a rather casual pace. No hurry. He then seemed to decide to take a more playful tone. Joking. "You know, I expect your going to get asked about your tigers a decent bit. I don't suppose you brought one with you? Any tigers stuffed in a suitcase? " He played. Yeah, Arthur might also get asked a decent bit about dragons too by some of the younger guests. Though Silas figured he might prefer those sorts of questions rather then anything else.

Arthur rolled his eyes at Silas’ unwavering confidence but it was nice to see and he couldn’t help but smile a little. He nudged Silas’ chidingly with his shoulder as he suggested they ditch but Silas knew him well enough to know that idea wouldn’t stick. He appreciated Silas being here for him, even though he knew he wasn’t eager to be. And it was nice that Silas was willing to try and help him out with the questions and interrogations he was bound to get, but he couldn’t rely on Silas for everything, he’d need to learn how to stand on his own two feet and look after himself, Silas wouldn’t be there for him forever.

He shook his head. “Unfortunately not, they might’ve kept people at a distance” He didn’t think many people would be too eager to get that close to a tiger, well, not if they had any sense. “My father loves them too much to let them this far out of his sight” he added, and well, what did that say about Arthur? Or ar least what he thought his father’s feelings on him were. “But, let’s be real, that’s not really what they want to ask” he murmured. No, they wanted to know all about the gossip, see if he was a horrible person, or maybe wanted to think he was regardless. Maybe Rayner would enjoy watching Arthur get ridiculed and bullied for what had happened. He couldn’t see the man stepping in, but maybe he didn’t want his daughter’s husband to be seen as weak.

”maybe I should make a speech and open the floor to questions, get them all out of the way” he joked although he wasn’t laughing, not really. “And I can’t hide behind you all night, as much as I appreciate you being here for me, I’m not going to cower from it all. They think enough bad things about me already, I don’t want them to think of me as a coward as well” no, he could get through it, as awful as it might be, he wasn’t weak and he wouldn’t let their words get to him. He had messed up, that was true, but at least now his kingdom had two heirs on the way, even if unconventionally. “Although I have no option but to talk for most of the knight anyway, it’s not like I can take a break by dancing with Caroline” even if dancing wasn’t what he’d consider to be a favourite of his, it might’ve been nice.

Everyone knew very well what most of the questions would be about throughout the night. Gossip had spread and this was certainly rather scandalous. Arthur seemed to want to face the matter somewhat head on, And well... Silas wasn't sure if that was better or worse. His head tilting to the side and Silas murmured quietly. "You've stood up and protected me before, I just, If you change your mind at any point. I'd be happy to protect you a little here. " He expressed. He wasn't going to push the matter though. But, If Arthur needed him he'd be there. He then grinned at Arthur. "Do you think it would be scandalous if we danced together? " He said playfully.

Slowing down, Silas could hear voices nearby. Around the corner and they'd reach the ball room which was no doubt filled with people. Gently, He reached forward to take Arthur's hand. Hoping to tug the other to a stop. Best to prepare themselves before going in. Silas then told Arthur. "At midnight I'm going to leave to go to town. " That would be close to the time the party would likely end. Others would probable be leaving as well around that time which should make it easier to slip away. Silas did not want to be here when everyone was gone besides his father.

So Silas then offered gently. "If you decide to join me, Meet me in the courtyard. " Arthur might decide to join him, Thus, Silas gently squeezed Arthur's hand before pulling away. Time to go then. So, Silas took a moment to prepare himself. Taking a deep breath and shaking his head before beginning to lead the way. Oh, This was going to be a long night.

Maybe Arthur would let Silas defend him a little bit, but He didn’t want to have to rely on him and he should learn to deal with it. Wanting to be put through that torture though probably wasn’t very healthy and Arthur shouldn’t force himself to listen to people mocking and judging him. He smiled gently “maybe just a little” he murmured, he didn’t know this kingdom but two men dancing would be scandalous back home and Arthur already had enough rumours surrounding him. He supposed he could always dance with a few noble women, just for a little while, but he didn’t know any in there so he might not be able to.

Arthur turned in surprise as Silas caught his hand and he furrowed his eyebrows slightly as Silas said he’d be going to town at midnight. He really wasn’t sure that was a good idea, then again Silas never really listened to him on such matters. He should return to Caroline really, once the night had ended, but she’d probably already be asleep and he didn’t want Silas to go alone. At least if they went together they could protect each other. And Silas could get him those shots he'd been promised! Except Arthur was already probably going to drink at the party and with how much of a lightweight he was, he should probably stop there. “I’ll join you” he promised earnestly.

The time for quiet conversation was over though and it was time to go to the party. Arthur stepped into the room which was already buzzing with noise. Was everyone looking at him? It felt like everyone was looking at him! It was a lot of people he didn’t know. He guessed that wasn’t that unusual, at the parties his father threw he didn’t usually know all of them but he usually at least knew a few. Right now he only had Silas, and unfortunately Rayner. Unless Vere had shown up, although he wasn’t sure he’d want to not to risk attending an event his family might be at.

Silas was a bit surprised by Arthur's agreement to go. But well... Seemed thrilled at his agreement. Was grinning. Oh, Once the party was over then they could go off for some real fun. But for now, Things were soon growing more serious and Silas resisted tensing once they stepped into the room. It was already busy and their entrance did draw some eyes as well as whispers. But not everyone had noticed them yet. King Rayner had not for example and Silas soon caught sight of his father. He was on the other side of the room. Speaking quietly to some other men. Perhaps when he spotted Arthur and Silas he'd announce their presence to the room. Hopefully it would take him a bit of time to notice them!

Glancing towards Arthur, Silas could already tell his companion was probable a decent bit overwhelmed. That wasn't good, So, Silas scanned the room for a moment. It took him a while to spot what he was after. But when he did, He nudged Arthur. Attempting to draw his attention and nodded for him to follow. Others would approach soon enough. But Silas figured it might be best to start by talking to someone a little less... Intimidating. Might ease Arthur's nerves.

Silas was approaching a younger women. The girl seemingly daydreaming for when Silas spoke up, She visibly jumped. "Molly! It's been a while! " Silas greeted. The girl spinning around. Seeming perhaps a bit annoyed by Silas surprising her, But when she spotted Arthur? It was clear she was startled and quickly fumbled to do a quick curtsy. "My princes! " She started. Earning a eyeroll from Silas. Who then informed Arthur. "Arthur, This is Molly, A distant cousin of mine. " Yeah, That probable was something one could quickly pick up. Sharing the same vivid green eyes. Though her hair was a bit more of a darker shade of blonde then Silas's. Silas then mused. "This is your first time to a event like this? Isn't it? I figured you'd enjoy meeting prince Arthur for your first time! " He questioned Molly, And yeah. That probable explained why Silas had brought Arthur over. Molly was clearly inexperienced. Wouldn't be as cut throat as some of the others. Though she did send Silas a small glare at his words.

Arthur was scanning the crowds, things felt loud and he felt unusually self conscious at the glances he was getting and the whispers he caused. Silas was there to jolt him back to the present though and he followed after him towards a girl Silas seemed to know. A distant cousin? She didn’t seem that distant what with the resemblance but the people of this kingdom did more often have lighter hair anyway. She seemed both annoyed and flustered which Arthur could commiserate with, she hadn’t expected to be approached and now that she had, she wasn’t too sure on what to do. Arthur didn’t really know either, just be friendly he guessed.

He smiled at her. “It nice to meet you” he told her. “Events like this get easier over time” he promised her, at least back home, he wasn’t too sure what they were like here. “But they’re overwhelming at first, especially when you don’t know many people” and he glanced around slightly, yeah…he was reminded of being young and in the grand hall as people chatted and laughed and drank and he’d not been in the folds of his mother’s skirts. It had been….strange and a little bit daunting, it’s not like there were any children to play with and he could hardly speak of politics. He guessed mainly it had been lonely but Malia had soon rejoined him and he’d eventually learned to be more comfortable and talk to all the people he didn’t recognise.

”did you travel far to get here?” He asked curiously, and had she come alone? He was aware sometimes people travelled long distances for important events, like his and Caroline’s wedding for example, but to go such a long way on your own might be less than ideal. “Hopefully not as far as i did” he joked. “But at least I didn’t come alone, although I doubt any of my companions will be joining us” Maybe Gawain would though, speaking of cousins.

The girl was soon enough focused on Arthur. Nodding her head and saying. "It is a pleasure to meet you as well sire. " Her gaze flickering towards the rest of the party for a moment before looking up at Arthur. Yeah, It was perhaps obvious that she was nervous. One could see it in the way that she shifted. Then Arthur was questioning her and Molly soon confessed. "It was... A decent distance. Certainly not as far as you've traveled. " She lived in the kingdom. Just in a more distant city. Though traveling threw the snow was never pleasant and she'd have certainly preferred to travel during the warmer months.

Molly then informed Arthur. "I had company of my guards and servants while traveling here. But luckily I have some family in the city for while I'm here. " She certainly had more people to rely on then Arthur had. Not as many enemies. Which Molly then told Arthur. "I'm afraid my mother could not come. As she had other duties to attend. " Though Molly seemed to realize that might not sound right. For she quickly corrected. "Not that your not a priority! You surely are and if she'd been able to s-she'd surely come!" She was soon nervously fumbling threw her words.

A soft laugh came from Silas at that. Shaking his head and musing. "Calm down, You look a bit red, Why don't you go get yourself something to drink? " Let her regain her nerves. Molly surely seemed excited to leave the situation. For she was nodding and scurrying off. Silas figured she'd be back soon enough once she'd regained her composure. Grin on his face before glancing at Arthur. "She's a mess... But I'd recommend making friends. Her families old and reputable. " He murmured. Glancing around for a moment before wincing. Oh, He'd caught sight of his father and the man had by now noticed them. Was studying them from a distance, Which ment he'd probable announce Arthur's presence soon.

Molly seemed nice enough so far and doing her best to be polite, Arthur didn't know who her mother was so was hardly that concerned that she hadn't made it, just one less pair of eyes to stare at him. At least she hadn't made that trip by herself though, it was dangerous for a young woman, especially a noble one, to travel alone long distances. Silas was clearly amused by her flustered state but was kind enough to excuse her for a moment. Maybe Arthur should've asked her to bring him a drink back too, he could probably use one.

He turned to talk to Silas when he caught the other man's wince and he followed his gaze to see king Rayner watching them. Well, that gave Arthur a bad feeling. He narrowed his eyes slightly at the king and moved to block Silas from his sight although he knew he wasn't only looking at Silas and it might only amuse him as Arthur tried to protect his friend a little. He imagined Rayner wasn't happy that they were still sticking together but he hadn't really given them much other options, Arthur couldn't abandon Silas to suffer once he'd found out and he guessed knowing about this abuse had sort of bonded them a little. Silas knew Arthur's secrets, now he knew some of his.

"They probably say the same about your family" he muttered. "Hardly makes me want to befriend your father" He kept his voice low but he should still be careful with his words, Rayner was a king and this was his kingdom. "She seems nice though." He admitted, Molly could be very good at acting for all he knew though, but no he trusted that she likely wasn't horrible, not that he really knew her but Silas probably wouldn't introduce him to a sadist or something, again besides his father.

"Who do I have to talk to here?" He asked Silas. At a good party Arthur would have the opportunity to greet everyone but well, this felt more like a pit of vipers, so he'd focus of meeting those he had to, the highest nobles and those in the king's court. He was sure Silas knew who they were, he must've been to a lot of these parties in his lifetime. The sooner he met all those he had to, the quicker he'd be able to leave, and be free to go off with Silas and actually do something fun.

(It's my birthday today and I'm feeling kinda down about it. Only my nan and grandad really remembered or seemed to care)

Last edited:
(I'm really sorry to hear that! Happy birthday though. <3 )

Silas's eyes were on his father, But then that view was blocked and he was blinking in surprise. Looking up at Arthur and well... Arthur seemed rather protective. Something that Silas found amusing but also comforting. His cheeks heating slightly in thought, What were they talking about again? Oh, The party. Silas then grinned. "She is, Bit sheltered. Which I figured would make her easier to talk too. " She was nicer though then the others and it seemed Arthur was ready to face things head on. So Silas took a moment and nodded. Glancing around for a moment.

Silas the murmured to Arthur. "Well, The kings court is important of course. But your going to mostly want to talk to the representatives of the other cities. Some of them support your marriage. Some don't. So you'll need to be... Careful. " Silas's home could be rather divided and could certainly be a headache at times. If more people disapproved of Arthur it would surely cause issues. Arthur having a child with Morgan would not help anyones opinions.

Silas then murmured quietly to Arthur. "Wanna start difficult? I imagine Owen or Jayne will be the most annoying to deal with? " They had disproved of the marriage and would no doubt be harsh with Arthur. Look for any weakness. Sadly, Silas was going to be given much of a chance to make introductions. For suddenly a servant was scurrying towards there side. Pausing at Arthur's side and murmuring. "Sire, His majesty requests you join him, So that he can properly announce your arrival. " How lovely. Then everyone would know Arthur was here! Silas seemed to frown at the news. Glancing worriedly at Arthur before nodding and dismissing the servant.

(Thanks)

Molly Might’ve been a bit sheltered But Arthur could relate, he was hardly a wild child like Silas. Maybe for the best, it meant there was less ammo for those who disapproved of the marriage to use, however Morgan’s pregnancy was like a bomb so he supposed the rest of his history hardly mattered. He figured that supporters of the marriage were few and far between but hopefully he could boost those numbers up, or at least maintain them. Arthur wasn’t sure he wanted to start with the most difficult, maybe he should feel the waters with the others first but it’d be good to get them out of the way.

Arthur wasn’t going to get the choice though because Rayner was requesting his presence. “Guess they’ll come to me now” Arthur murmured. He was sure once Rayner announced his arrival, the more disapproving ones wouldn’t waste time in letting their opinions be known. He glanced at Silas “remind me again, if your father on the side of approving or disapproving” he muttered rhetorically. Rayner had of course set up the marriage in alliance with Alexander but he hardly seemed a fan of it now that he was here. Arthur sighed before making his way over to Rayner and forcing a smile onto his face. He wouldn’t blame Silas for not coming with him To the king’s side.

”Rayner” he greeted, keeping his voice cheerful even if they both knew he wasn’t happy to see him. “I’m sorry Caroline couldn’t come, she was feeling unwell, I’m sure you understand” Well, Rayner didn't seem to hate his daughter so was likely far More forgiving when it came to her. “I came though, wouldn’t miss it for the world. Wouldn’t want to upset my father-in-law now would I?” Arthur smiled at him although there was a slight edge to it that wasn’t normally there. The infuriating thing was, Rayner likely just found him amusing, and Arthur had to play ball anyway, this really was going to be a long stay here.

Silas couldn't help but just shrug his arms in answer. Rayner was not a kind man and it was sometimes difficult to tell which side one fell on with him. But he probable approved of... Well, Actually, Maybe he didn't approve of Arthur, But he understood the benefits marrying Caroline too him held. Arthur then was heading towards Rayner and Silas hesitated. Old instincts insisting he stay away. But... He was Arthur's friend. So slowly he trailed after Arthur. Attempting to keep any emotion off his face.

Rayner had of course noticed them coming and dismissed those he'd previously been speaking too. But... Others were still near enough to hear and Rayner intended to keep up appearances. So he wasn't going to start too much trouble here. Nodding to Arthur in greeting and listening to him quietly. "Mmm... Seems I'll need to speak to Caroline later. " Which no, He didn't intend to actually do. The words were simply ment to make Arthur squirm.

Rayner thought it was a bit too late for Arthur to not upset him. But decided to not comment on that. His gaze flickering towards Silas who almost seemed to flinch. But Rayner didn't keep focused on him for long. Instead looking back at Arthur and questioning. "Now, I suppose it is time to announce your presence here. Do try not to embarrass yourself. Yes? " He spoke almost mockingly towards Arthur. As if he was a child. So Silas then muttered. "Scared he'll embarrass you? " His head tilting to the side. Though Rayner simply mused. "Well, If that were to become the case. I'm sure we'll be able to correct such behavior later. "

Rayner certainly knew all the right things to say to irritate Arthur. He narrowed his eyes slightly as he said he’d speak to Caroline. He didn’t actually think Rayner would hurt Caroline, especially not whilst carrying an heir; she seemed fond of her father and why would he start hurting her now? But, he didn’t like the way Rayner so casually referenced his abusing ways. So yes, he’d managed to upset Arthur already. It was the other sibling that Arthur had to worry about though and he hadn’t expected Silas to follow him, and maybe it would’ve been easier if he hadn’t, Silas had a sharp tongue that was begging to get them in trouble.

Arthur glared as he was patronised and he appreciated Silas sticking up for him but Rayner’s response was what he had dreaded. Like Arthur wasn’t tense enough already? He didn’t need to be threatened by Rayner. Although, the king might want him to mess up, despite his words, wanted an excuse to punish Silas and him and might enjoy seeing Arthur embarrass himself. “There’ll be no need” Arthur insisted, voice firm and doing his best to keep his anger out of it. Having people hear him be angry at the king wouldn’t be a good move. “I’m sure you’ll find I’m perfectly polite” and he was generally, but if Silas was by his side, things might not work out that way and Arthur didn’t know if this kingdom had different customs when it came to politeness so that didn’t help.

”besides, I wouldn’t want to reflect badly on you.“ Arthur murmured. “I mean, you set up this marriage after all, if they don’t like me, they might be upset you chose me to marry your daughter, and you wouldn’t want any more unrest in your kingdom” Arthur said innocently. ”no, we want you nice and safe on that throne” It was surely true that at least some of the blame would fall on Rayner, however as much as Arthur didn’t like the man, it was far more beneficial for his own kingdom if Rayner kept his seat as king rather than be usurped or something in a revolt.

Rayner could tell Arthur wasn't pleased with him, It was funny the way he glared! But Rayner was hardly frightened, This was his kingdom and if Arthur laid a finger on him, Well, It wouldn't end pretty. So, Arthur was forced to play nice for now. Oh, Arthur's words were almost threatening and Rayner raised his eyebrow. "Mmm... So it seems we're in agreement then? So just keep behaving like a good little boy. " He spoke, Waving his hand almost dismissively. Yes, It would cause problems for Rayner should the kingdom turn against Arthur. But... Arthur had already caused damage and Rayner had already begun working on damage control. He wasn't completely unprepared for such to happen. Turning he then began taking a few steps away. Time for him to announce Arthur's presence.

Silas remaining at Arthur's side and briefly glancing towards him. Murmuring quietly. "Don't worry, We only need to deal with him for a few more hours. " Then they could run off to town for some real fun. His attention then snapped up as he heard Rayner begin to speak. A simple announcement. "Ladies and gentlemen, I'd like to welcome the arrival of prince Arthur, My d-" Silas didn't spend much time listening. Drowning out the noise. Instead he was looking out towards the crowd where eyes were suddenly on Arthur. Yeah- If Arthur had been nervous before. He probable wasn't going to be feeling too great now.

So, Silas was whispering quietly. "Dad's speeches tend to get a little long. I'm going to go fetch a servant and get us something to drink. " It might ease his own and Arthur's nerves. But, Silas was right. His father was still talking, But well... He wasn't only speaking about Arthur. There were other matters he was announcing. Still, Silas was then slipping away. Time to find some wine!

Rayner was infuriating, the way he spoke to Arthur and dismissed him so casually, he was sure he’d go mad with frustration before he returned home. And Silas was leaving again, albeit only briefly, but still long enough for Arthur to tense and feel a little bit abandoned. A lot of people were staring at him, and Arthur was finding it difficult to listen to Rayner with all those eyes glinting at them, many seemed filled with ill intent or horrible curiosity. Silas claimed they only had a few hours before they could leave but Arthur wagered it’d feel more like an eternity.

As Rayner’s speech finished, Arthur was approached by a middle aged woman in expensive looking jewellery. “Prince Arthur” she greeted with a smile that wasn’t entirely kind nor entirely predatory either. “What a pleasure to have you in our kingdom” she said. “Far easier to keep an eye on you this way” she added with a tinkling laugh although Arthur wasn’t really sure what she found amusing, still he offered her a smile. “I’m Tiffany, my husband is part of King Rayner’s court” she explained. “Now, not to sound like a mother hen dear, but did you have trouble brushing your hair for this event?” She mused and Arthur’s smile faltered. He guessed Caroline’s kingdom didn’t have many people with curls like him and certainly fewer with curls like Malia, but he’d tamed them as best he could for this but clearly people still disapproved.

“never mind darling, your hair is the least of your problems. Caroline really should have been by your side tonight” she insisted before leaning in to whisper: “you know, you can tell me if she was too embarrassed to show up tonight what with….your situation” for that she glanced up and down Arthur, a bit of disdain coming through. “She’s not feeling well” Arthur replied, already feeling slightly overwhElmed. “Oh, no surprise darling, I wouldn’t feel well either. I’d be absolutely sick if my husband pulled such a stunt on me but you young’uns are so different anyway. Take prince Silas, he ran off to your kingdom with barely a second thought, back in my day we wouldn’t have dreamed of such a thing, but then again, I suppose in my day we had more respect for our fathers and for tradition, we were far better behaved. Goodness knows what the next generation will be like!”

(do you think Rayner would have announced Carolines pregnancy to them? Or decided to wait until shes Further along?)

(I imagine he announced it. He's probable eager to share some goodnews after all. )

Silas was only gone for a moment, But it seemed that was long enough for the vultures to swoop in. Tiffany wasn't the only one that had decided to approach Arthur. A older man had made his way over. Amusement on his face as he cut in. "Mm... Dear Tiffany. You can't really blame prince Arthur. I mean, Considering his home what could one expect. " He spoke softly, Looking at Arthur with some sort of mock sympathy. He was just about to speak more. When, Silas was returning. Two drinks in his hands and gently going to pass one to Arthur. Ignoring the other two for the moment as he said. "Here you go. " He murmured. Oh, Arthur probable was going to need that drink.

He then looked towards the two, Eyes first settling on Tiffany. "My lady! It certainly has been a while. As lovely as ever and... " His gaze drifting down over her dress and briefly allowing his nose to wrinkle as he mused. "I see your style is still so... Quirky. " He spoked, Oh, Silas clearly wasn't intent on making friends. His gaze then flickered towards the man. "Hello Conner, Is your wife with you tonight? Or has she wandered off, I do know how bored she seems to get. " His tone warning and the man who seemed to be named Conner narrowed his eyes.

Conner though simply ignored the comment. Instead saying. "Well, I simply wanted to offer my greetings to prince Arthur. " Looking towards Arthur and nodding his head. Though he soon noted. "So... Will Silas do most of the talking for you tonight? I suppose that isn't surprising. Your people aren't exactly... Used to this. " Briefly gesturing around. Yeah, Arthur should probable expect to deal with this sort of behavior the rest of the night.

(Yeah, and it helps explain Caroline’s absence)

It seemed Arthur was getting tag teamed which was hardly fair. He narrowed his eyes slightly as the man spoke poorly of his homeland but Silas was soon coming back to even the playing field. Arthur took the drink gratefully and was tempted to knock back all of it just then but he restrained himself and instead preserved a bit of decorum by sipping on it as Silas fought back. The drink tasted better than the alcohol they'd had last night but Arthur still wasn’t a fan. Tiffany harrumphed as her style went unappreciated and Arthur looked at Conner curiously as Silas mentioned his wife. Maybe Arthur was thinking too poorly of Silas but he wondered if the other prince had slept with Conner’s wife, he couldn’t help but think it was a possibility.

“Used to what exactly?” Arthur murmured. “We’re no stranger to balls and parties” he insisted and maybe he should be nice, but they’d been rather rude so far about him and his kingdom “and snobs” he added with a shrug. “How is this any different?” The people back home were usually nicer, that was the difference, although he had seen his mother be rather confrontational and also snooty about some guests so he guessed he did have some experience there. “and as for Silas, I appreciate his input, and I could hardly stop him if I tried. If his father cannot control him, what makes you think I can?” Although Silas would probably back off a bit if Arthur asked, he appreciated having him there as support.

”I don’t think you can control much of anything” Tiffany replied, turning her nose up. “Especially not your base desires. At least we know your fertile I guess” she jabbed. That hurt Arthur actually, he did blame himself for being tricked by Morgan, but he’d still be drugged, not in control of his base desires, although he felt he should’ve recognised they were unusual and unlikely. “Which is more than can be said for Silas. Not even a whisper of an heir, and no wife. I would be very disappointed if my son turned out that way” and she had almost sympathetic eyes, as if her comments were meant to be pitying rather than nasty. “At least you two boys are getting along, although I’m not surprised, you both seem to go at it like rabbits” Arthur almost choked On his drink at that comment; that is not how he’d describe himself, Silas maybe but…not him.

Silas couldn't help but feel a bit amused by Arthur's words. Yeah, No one controlled Silas. But he was more likely to listen to Arthur then he was most other people. Tiffany was still not approving of them. Yeah, Silas still did not have a wife and he had no plans of marrying. Though he chose to keep that to himself. Instead he grinned at Tiffany. "Rabbits would be jealous. " Silas then winked at Tiffany and offered. "I'd be happy to give you a show if you wanted. You certainly seem curious about our intimate lives! " That wasn't going to go over well. But maybe they'd get lucky and she'd be uncomfortable enough to leave? Or she might take him up on the offer. Though Silas did not intend on following threw with his words.

Conner clearly did not approve and huffed. "Your so crass, Well, I suppose I can't say I'm surprised you've grown up so... Rude. Thats what happens when you don't have a mother around to teach you how to behave. My mother would have never allowed me to act like how you behave. " Conner spoke, His gaze turning to Tiffany halfway threw. But Silas was trying not to bristle. Maybe he was gripping his glass tighter. Taking a drink.

Silas considered just walking away. But that ment they would win. So instead he informed. "My mother taunt me well, Certainly how to be a better man then you. " This was a topic that could very easily get under Silas's skin. They could probable tell, Judging by the small smile on Conner's face. But Silas then decided to change the subject. Nudging Arthur and saying. "But thats in the past, Now's time to celebrate considering Caroline's expecting."

Arthur was not exactly keen to talk about such intimate matters, certainly more prudish than Silas but he couldn’t help but snort slightly at Silas’ reply to Tiffany. The lady on the other hand seemed affronted and horrified, huffing and puffing in disagreement. Conner was wording it well, he was crass and rude! She nodded along solemnly with him, lip curling in distaste as she looked back at Silas. Rayner should have remarried, his children needed a mother figure to teach them some manners, although Silas was by far the worst of the two in her opinion.

Arthur‘s amusement quickly faded and he observed Conner carefully as he brought up Silas’ mother. This was dangerous territory and Arthur could feel himself tense. He hadn’t known the queen, knew she’d died whilst Silas and Caroline were young, but he knew that Conner should not be talking about her because he was being disrespectful and Silas really couldn’t be held too accountable for what he did. Silas was showing enormous restraint though and Arthur was proud of him but also he sort of wanted to punch Conner himself. He blinked and looked back towards Silas as he mentioned Caroline. Oh yeah, his wife!

“Yes, we’re very pleased” Arthur murmured, offering them a smile and going to take a sip of his drink. “I should imagine so, a legitimate heir rather than that disgrace you're having with your aunt of all people” she scoffed. “That probably comes from his mother too, I hear she comes from some backwater town” she muttered to Conner and now Arthur was bristling. “Although his father is hardly blameless but what can we expect from such a barbaric kingdom” Tiffany continued and Arthur narrowed his eyes. “I think you’ll find my kingdom is far more polite than yours“ Arthur snapped. “Now, I’m not going to stand around and listen to you insult me, my kingdom or my friend anymore, enjoy you’re night” Arthur told them before going to grab Silas‘ arm and pull him away. Maybe they’d come across a nicer group of people. He expected people to be curious, but he wasn’t a fan of people being mean, they had crossed some lines by bringing their family into it all. Rayner wouldn’t like that he’d done that though, would note him down as rude probably.

Tiffany and Conner were really pushing things and it didn't take long before they broke the final straw. Silas couldn't help but feel surprised by Arthur snapping at them, Though he couldn't say he was displeased. Actually looked a little smug as they were called out. But then Arthur was grabbing Silas's arm and that was also surprising. But Silas allowed him to pull him away. It probable wasn't good to leave, Silas felt it might make the two think they won. But he supposed it wasn't the worst outcome. Quietly following after Arthur until they were out of earshot. "Well, Hopefully we won't have to talk to those two again anytime soon. They were d*cks. " Amusement clear on his face. But he was sure they would have to deal with others like them.

His expression then softened and he murmured gently. "Don't let them get too under your skin. Thats what they want. But... All things considering, You did well handling them. " Still, It was hard to not let their words effect oneself. Bringing up Silas's mother had certainly effected him. But he was doing his best not to allow that to show. Then he chugged the rest of his drink. He figured he'd need to get far more drunk if he was to handle the rest of the night.

Silas then idly suggested. "Still not too late to ditch early. " Though the words were playful and not serious. Though... That didn't mean Silas wasn't willing to simply leave if Arthur agreed. They'd be able to have far more fun in town! Not have to pretend to be nice around all these vultures. His father would be awful no matter what they did. But, Silas supposed they could still try and make the best of this. There were others around that did support the marriage and be easier to talk to. They could try to stick near them.

Arthur felt much better once they’d put some distance between themselves and their would-be harassers. He couldn’t help but agree with Silas’ assessment, they were not very nice. At least Silas thought he’d handled them well. “i‘m not going to play their game” Arthur told him with a shake of his head. “I don’t want to let them just attack me, and they might think they win if we walk away but I don’t care, its hardly healthy to subject ourselves to such insults” No, he thought it was better to walk away and not have to deal with it at all.

He smiled gently, a mixture of sadness and sorry. “As nice as that sounds, I think we need to wait a little longer before we sneak off” At least they could look forward to their ditching though. He saw Silas finish his drink and he eyed his own before shrugging and doing the same. Sure, he had a far lower tolerance than Silas but all the eyes on them might keep him sharp and he needed something to dull his irritability and nerves. Maybe he shouldn’t have too much more though, they didn’t want him getting too sloppy Or loose with his words.

They should find someone nicer, maybe they should find Molly again? He eyed Silas from the side before saying: “speaking of….wives and love lives though….what’s the deal with you and isabella?” He asked curiously. She seemed to think Silas was fun and had seemed fond of him. Maybe Arthur was off base though, it’s not like he had any siblings to know how to react to their friends but Isabella seemed right up Silas’ street, both seemed cheeky and chatty and probably irresponsible. Maybe they used to party together, he could see that.

Arthur and Silas perhaps should go a little easier on the drinking. But well, They might need it to be able to get threw the night. Silas certainly wasn't going to suggest they go easier. The man soon was pausing though. Glancing at Arthur and raising his eyebrow at the question. "Hmm? Oh, She has a crush on me. " Silas knew how to read people. He knew the girls feelings for him. Not that he'd pursue such. He didn't want to marry and didn't want to encourage her feelings. Besides, He couldn't say he shared such feelings either. She was nice enough, Just... Not interesting to him.

Silas then shrugged his shoulder. Telling Arthur. "But, As I've said, I've no intentions of marrying. " Though, Lately such thoughts felt lonely. Silas shook his head and glanced about. Taking note of those around the room, But it seemed for now they were safe from anyone approaching them. Silas then glanced towards Arthur, Musing. "So, I guess I'll just have to leave the boring marriage details to you and Caroline. " Arthur and Caroline might not have been in love. But Silas for some reason had a feeling that Arthur might like the domestic side of it all. Still, Silas figured eventually Rayner might force him into a marriage. But for now? The man had never mentioned arranging anything.

Silas then confessed. "But, Even if I was interested in such. I've never met a girl that caught my eyes like that. " Sure, He'd found plenty of girls attractive. Slept with many. Had crushes. But there wasn't any sparks there. Even on the other side of things, Silas was smitten with Lance. But he would not say he was in love with him.

Arthur had guessed as much and he really shouldn’t have been surprised that Silas knew but he would’ve thought Isabella Might be a good match for him, granted he didn’t meet the girl long and also didn’t really know what type of girl Silas was into. He didn’t mean necessArily to marry anyway, figured Silas should date someone to get over Lance, but Isabella wouldn’t be a horrible candidate for a wife, she was from a noble family and seemed to get on with Silas. The other prince didn’t seem to have any enthusiasm for such an idea though. “Thanks” he murmured with a roll of his eyes. Even though he didn’t love Caroline, their marriage was not dreadful. It was strange to always have someone there but also comforting at the same time. He liked the warmth coming off her at night and the way the bed sometimes smelt like her perfume and she was cute when she’d just woken up. He appreciated the little gentle moments of domesticity they shared.

Arthur tilted his head curiously. Maybe Silas had never considered a girl in that way and that’s why he’d never found one; if he wasn’t looking for marriage then why would he ever think he could end up marrying a Girl he was fond of. “What about Ronan?” He asked quietly. Silas had specified a girl and he knew Silas hadn’t been with tons of men, but he had been with Ronan for a long time. Arthur hadn’t like the man and obviously now Silas had no chance with him on the account of him being dead, although marriage Probably never would’ve been possible anyway, but had Silas not loved him? He’d seemed a bit lost when Ronan was gone. Had he ever thought that him and Ronan might end?

”unfortunately, marriage for people like us is so rarely about love anyway” he pointed out. No, it was about duty and doing the best for your kingdom. What benefit would it be for Arthur to marry a man? None. Not that Arthur had courted anyone for long enough or intensely enough to even think about what marriage might’ve been like with them. He supposed he was sort of glad that his father had picked his wife for him, he wouldn’t know what to look for and he hadn’t had any princess catch his eye. Silas understandably didnt want his father to make such decisions for him though. “I know you don’t plan on marriage but it’s nice to have someone be there for you all the time, to just share your life with” he explained. “Caroline’s become a good friend”

Users who are viewing this thread

Back