• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

I want to jump back in!

Char Laigne

In my younger days, roleplaying was my favorite hobby. Today, I saw a picture of a neopet and reminisced about how much fun I had. At 20 years old, I would really love to start roleplaying again. And so my search for somebody willing to write with me begins!

Historical and fantasy settings have always been my favorite. I would love to hear any setting/ plot ideas that you have.

Last edited by a moderator:
Hah. I started RPing on neopets when I was like 9. I'm still under my 10 post limit seeing as I joined maybe half an hour ago, but I thought I'd reply.

I have had this setting idea I've been thinking about.

What if one day every piece of fantasy or urban legend became real? The setting would be in present day or near future where spontaneously citizens of the world began to turn into creatures described in the lore of their respective culture. Ex. Egyptian citizens would become sphinx's or fire demons, Japanese citizens would turn into Kitsune, Eastern European citizens would turn into vampires and Succubi, the changes are not limited to these as literally any facet of urban myths or mythology can be what a person is turned into. Logically such a rapid shift would cause panic, the roleplay could take place during rash of riots from paranomally emboldened citizens or a few years after once what remains of the world's governments manage to get the situation under control. The governments of the world at this point would be run by the deities of that particular place. Buddha would preside over most of China along with the other dieties, the dieties of Japan would regulate Japan, so on and so forth.

Serpico said:
I have had this setting idea I've been thinking about.
What if one day every piece of fantasy or urban legend became real? The setting would be in present day or near future where spontaneously citizens of the world began to turn into creatures described in the lore of their respective culture. Ex. Egyptian citizens would become sphinx's or fire demons, Japanese citizens would turn into Kitsune, Eastern European citizens would turn into vampires and Succubi, the changes are not limited to these as literally any facet of urban myths or mythology can be what a person is turned into. Logically such a rapid shift would cause panic, the roleplay could take place during rash of riots from paranomally emboldened citizens or a few years after once what remains of the world's governments manage to get the situation under control. The governments of the world at this point would be run by the deities of that particular place. Buddha would preside over most of China along with the other dieties, the dieties of Japan would regulate Japan, so on and so forth.
That sounds really awesome! I think that I would love to try this with you! What country would you like to begin in? I still need some more posts before we could start.

The best thing about it is America is just a fusion of all these different cultures so we can start in America and have a choice of whatever we'd like.

Serpico said:
The best thing about it is America is just a fusion of all these different cultures so we can start in America and have a choice of whatever we'd like.
Sounds great! I have ~5 more posts to make until we can pm each other.

If it's alright with you, I think that I'd like to play a 25 year old female character.

I've already started writing. I forgot how much fun this is!

By all means play the character you want, have fun! I'm gonna have to think about what I want, the second you can PM me go ahead.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back