Absence I think I might be done

Murdergurl

will turn your insides into your outsides
Roleplay Availability
Roleplay Type(s)
So after struggling for many years of trying to get some roleplaying done, I feel I might be at the end of my 20+ year long journey. Between struggling with the problems most veterans of the community are familiar with: Ghosting, demotivation, scheduling, writers block, lack of common interest with the community, etc. I am also regularly being met with further deterrents in real life. Without delving too much into my personal affairs, I'll just leave it at the mention of my home life not giving room for a creative outlet.

It's been a slow death, and my grip on roleplaying has been holding on by a finder for quite some time now. But this seems very likely to be the end of it. I wish I had some sort of swan song to go out with. But as I said, it's been a miserable and frustrating struggle for the last several years with little to show for all my effort. And now with some domestic issues not likely to remit themselves from being an obstacle to my creative writing, it's just too much. I'm done. I simply do not have the capacity to keep trying this over and over. I feel like a part of me is dying while I type this out. I feel like I'm betraying what was left of a childhood dream of being a writer. But I have run out of energy to keep trying. I don't think there is any length of a hiatus that is going to solve this. I already feel like my age has become a factor to meshing well with others, and taking another couple of years off in hopes that things will change will only further that divide.

I'd like to thank the community here for al their support and advice and conversations. The moderators are some of the friendliest that I've come across on at least a dozen sites that I've been on over the years. I don't really have anyone in particular that I was very chummy with, I've not made any "friends" here. But I don't fault anyone. I'm not really the online friend making type. There were a few members that I did have some interesting talks with. And I am grateful to have had them.

And most of all, I'm sorry to all of the characters I have created that will never reach any kind of fruition in a story with other writers. All the wasted potential, and uncounted hours and unrealized adventures that will never be.

So goodbye everyone, and thank you for experience.

- MG

So after struggling for many years of trying to get some roleplaying done, I feel I might be at the end of my 20+ year long journey. Between struggling with the problems most veterans of the community are familiar with: Ghosting, demotivation, scheduling, writers block, lack of common interest with the community, etc. I am also regularly being met with further deterrents in real life. Without delving too much into my personal affairs, I'll just leave it at the mention of my home life not giving room for a creative outlet.

It's been a slow death, and my grip on roleplaying has been holding on by a finder for quite some time now. But this seems very likely to be the end of it. I wish I had some sort of swan song to go out with. But as I said, it's been a miserable and frustrating struggle for the last several years with little to show for all my effort. And now with some domestic issues not likely to remit themselves from being an obstacle to my creative writing, it's just too much. I'm done. I simply do not have the capacity to keep trying this over and over. I feel like a part of me is dying while I type this out. I feel like I'm betraying what was left of a childhood dream of being a writer. But I have run out of energy to keep trying. I don't think there is any length of a hiatus that is going to solve this. I already feel like my age has become a factor to meshing well with others, and taking another couple of years off in hopes that things will change will only further that divide.

I'd like to thank the community here for al their support and advice and conversations. The moderators are some of the friendliest that I've come across on at least a dozen sites that I've been on over the years. I don't really have anyone in particular that I was very chummy with, I've not made any "friends" here. But I don't fault anyone. I'm not really the online friend making type. There were a few members that I did have some interesting talks with. And I am grateful to have had them.

And most of all, I'm sorry to all of the characters I have created that will never reach any kind of fruition in a story with other writers. All the wasted potential, and uncounted hours and unrealized adventures that will never be.

- MG

I'm sorry you feel this way, and I completely understand the feeling :(.

If you ever decide to return, we will be here!

Sorry to hear that!
But people change, circumstances change, and sometimes we realize that we need to let go of hobbies no matter how much we used to love them. It's sad but normal. And who knows, you might feel differently about it later and come back :)

I wish you good luck with whatever you're planning to do next!

- MG
I wish you the best for anything you do next.

"Try, Try again, And never give up." - Me, 2018 1:35 EST

- MG

There are few things I empathize with, but this is amongst them. Perhaps I soon will flutter against the void, and the next generation to come shall shape the dynamics of online roleplay culture. But that is a digression. I wish you the best.

It is tough out here, I understand your struggle and maybe the new people to this site will change this. We can always hope for the future to have something better.

Yes, But for the way things currently are in the world, I dont see that anytime soon. Unless...

I fly my Grandpa's Decommishioned F-16c.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back