• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Realistic or Modern I Remember You

Phoeniana

The Mild Amusement
The bleeding was too much. We tried to apply as much pressure as possible and encumbrance the wound, but it was... it was too much. The blood loss was already imminent at the scene. The entire alley way might as well been flooded with it. Can't do a transfusion that late. It was a close call. We tried. It's always the young ones... Always the young ones."

Yurai Konohei physically shook the image of that dimmed hospital out of his mind. We tried, they said. Yeah. Because that's supposed to be damn good enough, huh? Try? Even Yoda didn't try! He did or did not! A rough palm flew to his cheek, brushing away the tear that wasn't even there. It wasn't as if he didn't want to cry. Oh God, did he want to cry, but he couldn't afford to do that yet. He had a much, much bigger problem to worry about.

Like how the hell was he supposed to pay for this movie ticket.

"That'll be $10.95 for you two and $6.95 for the little ones, please. Once you get your tickets, the attendant inside will show you to your designated hall and door." A skinny boy with curly, ginger like hair smiled down at a family of four. Two little girls jumped excitedly around their mother's ankles while a bear of a man pulled a wad of cash out to pay for the tickets. Yurai stood next to them, eyeing the exchange through the tousled, brown hair that hung over his strikingly blue eyes.

"Hey," he said to the father. "You have $10.95 I can borrow?" The man slid a half smile to the clerk behind the thick glass. A smile from the ginger.

"Alrighty. That's all! Enjoy your movie!" The father took the tickets gingerly and gathered his tickets and his family. Yurai frowned. That's right. He can't hear me either. No one could see or hear him. Not even in that hospital room when he was looking down on his very own corpse. The image paled his skin even more than he already was in this strange, ghost-like form. It wasn't everyday one got to gaze down at their own dead body and live to tell the tale. He wasn't really living, per say, but the was still there. Walking, talking, sneaking into a movie theaters. While he passed easily through a throng of people, he frowned deeper. Talk about rest in peace. I can't rest at all.

It was easy getting into the movie. All he had to do was avoid physical contact and find a seat as close to the giant screen as possible. No one liked those seats anyway, and he was damn good at avoiding contact. Apparently, even in his dead-but-not-dead state, people could still feel his body, like an invisible barrier of some sort. The first time it happened was in the hospital 3 hours ago, after he discovered he was dead and stuck in the real world. He high tailed it out of there and directly into a poor nurse, who went flat on her back at the collision. After apologizing profusely, the poor cutie did nothing but gaze around her wildly, gather her things, and go about her merry little way as if nothing happened. Learning his lesson very quickly, Yurai stuck to the desolate places were no one could touch him. It wasn't like they could hear or see him anyway.

He finally took a vacant seat and stretched his legs out over another empty chair. Dressed in a deep blue shirt with a bullet hole and a stain of blood with denim jeans on, the boy lounged himself back and frowned at a preview for a movie featuring a talking can of soda.

"Jeez. People will come up with anything nowadays." he mumbled, freely.

Violet sighed, confused as to why her family wanted to go to the movies. It always confused her, she could never see what they were talking about so for her, there was no use to going, but as always, her younger sister convinced her to go.

So there she was, her short black hair was carefully curled and rested on her shoulder, there was a small colorful clip holding her bangs away from her eyes which were once a bright green, now they had dulled. She kept her eyes on the screen in front of her, too scared people would make fun of her if she started looking around.

She gripped onto the edge of her skirt anxiously as her sister got up, moving to sit away from the socially awkward Violet. She frowned as she listened to her sister walk away, sheknew what her sister was doing. She always did this, ‘She’s embarrassed of me’ Violet thought to herself, now confused as to why her sister would invite her. Violet gently closed her eyes and laid her head back against the seat, letting a soft sigh pass her lips.

He hated movies like those.

A big happy family with obvious problems, bit of a minor climax in the midst of all of their problems, and then a lesson learned before they all warmed themselves up in each other's embraces. Yurai frowned deeply at the giant screen, watching it all play out and hating every little second of it. No fault on the directors there. It was an all around heart-pulling, cute comedy, smile-coaxing film that delivered just as the previews said it would. Not even halfway through the movie did he already map out the rest of it. It was obvious. None of those people had to worry about the angst-y teenage girl being pulled away from her family by a gun, leaving behind that curly headed little brother of hers or their adorable fucking dog. Mom didn't have to worry about the loss of a child. Hell, even the dad was still in the picture, being way too fatherly for them all to take, yet he did all he did in the name of love. Why would he mad? It was an all around good fucking movie!

"They aren't even trying to make this watchable," he barked, ready to go into detail about how horribly shitty the movie was. That was the best part about being dead to the world. He could talk as much crap about any person, place, or thing he wanted and he wouldn't get so much as a glance in return. It was extremely sad for the first week or so, but since he was still stuck in the land of the living, he'd might as well enjoy the finer things of the afterlife.

"Literally no families are like this, Hollywood. NONE," he shouted.

Violet heard him from across the theatre, it made her let out a small gentle laugh, a sound that was almost as sweet, or maybe even sweeter then her voice was.

She gently leaned over to where she heard the voice talking, “As long as they get paid they don’t care. Gives the actors and actresses a chance to smile and be happy.” She said with a hint of a smile, inwardly hoping she was facing the right direction.

She stared at the direction of the voice rather then just looking around, she always tried to make it seem like she could see, “Why come to a movie you already know would be gross and sappy?” She asked curiously, keeping her voice to a whisper

“As long as they get paid they don’t care. Gives the actors and actresses a chance to smile and be happy. Why come to a movie you already know would be gross and sappy?”

Peculiarly, Yurai closed his mouth and turned around. A family behind him did the same, the father frowning deeply at the girl a bit above him. That was damn weird. By his knowledge, he was the only one talking, save for the people on the screen. Now that he was dead, his senses were a little muffled but they were still there. He could see and hear, he just couldn't taste, feel, or smell. Funny how death only granted some things but not all of them. Still, he could still hear and he didn't hear anyone else say anything at all.

But she couldn't have been talking to him. No one could hear or see him. He tried. During the entire grieving process of the city, he walked along his mother and Annice, his little sister, desperately calling out to them for just the smallest amount of attention possible. He was desperate, believing that maybe random people couldn't see him but his family would be able to. You know, as a whole part of 'He's still with us in our hearts' type nonsense. Except he wasn't only in their hearts. He was right there! There was even a desperate moment where he reached out to touch his nine year old sister and she burst out into tears. That was when he swore to himself to leave them alone and let them be. Eventually he was going to find peace, and stalking his family for attention wasn't the way to go. It was just going to have to be accepted: No one knew of his odd re-existence.

Yurai squinted once more at the girl far away from him once his thoughts settled and he turned back into his seat, hooking one leg over the other.

"Oh, shut up. Don't act like you can relate to this movie. None of you morons can." he said before amping up his volume just because he could. "Must be nice to be hear people."

Violet didn’t notice anyone staring at her, “You might wanna whisper.” She said with a small giggle towards the boy who was talking. “People might throw popcorn at ya.” She joked, trying her best to ignore the glares she couldn’t practically feel on her.

She started to feel uncomfortable, she gently grabbed the back of the seat in front of her and walked around to sit in a different spot, making sure to feel around her surroundings, and making sure she didn’t sit on anyone. She sat down closer to the screen, looking up at it as if she was watching it

For some reason, he turned around. Once he did so, a pair of dull eyes met the middle of his neck while she stood behind him, speaking to him. Speaking to him. Yurai's jaw dropped while she moved from her current position to another, his eyes on her the entire way. Not that it mattered of course. She could see him! A brief blink that the state of her eyes, the cane, and the direction of her gaze told it all. She couldn't see him. She couldn't see anything. The poor thing was blind.

"I'm--" On cue, the lights in the theater dropped from dim to black. However, after successfully responding to him, the movie revved up and started, an eerie silence following it's steps. Yurai continued to sit there for a few seconds. There was no way that just happened. No way. No one could see or hear him! That had been his mantra since he 'came back'. There was no mistaking that, however. That girl, whoever she was, could hear him. All of a sudden, a rush of emotions swept through him like a large gust. Sadness, relief, and marvel all mingled together in a giant ball, settling at the very base of his heart. For the first time since he left that hospital room, he didn't feel alone.

But they were in a movie theater. There was no way he could question her about anything. Well, he could. But if she responded, everyone would just look at her like she was crazy. Instead of traipsing along that tight rope, Yurai decided to entertain himself by looking directly at those pale eyes of hers.

"Are you really blind?" he whispered, not trying to be heard for the first time in a long time.

Violets soft pink lips turned into a small frown as she heard him speak. She sunk down in her seat self consciously, beginning to mess with the hem of her skirt anxiously. After a few moments she nodded slowly. She looked away from where she assumed he was and moved her gaze to the floor.

She hated when people asked questions like that, it made her self conscious and it made her anxiety get extremely high. “Pretty obvious right?” She whispered.

"Hey! HEY! Wait, woah! Wait a second!"

Yurai scrambled out of the chair and ping-ponged his way from his seat and closer to the blind girl. He couldn't really see all of her facial features because of how dark it was in the theater, but all he had to do was look out for the people between them. He apologized to all the people he shoved through, in futile of course. He only received small brushes from his body and a curious burrow of there eyes.
Shit shit shit. Once in a clear section of the isle, Yurai whipped his body directly into the conveniently empty seat next to the girl, adrenaline pumping fiercely through his veins. "Hold on, can you hear me?" Without waiting for an answer, he reached out and touched her right shoulder, trying to get her attention.

"Seriously. Can you hear me?"

Violet flinched at the sudden touch, “Yeah? Why wouldn’t I be able to? I’m blind not deaf you’ve clearly pointed that out.” She said in a rather snappy tone, sinking down in her seat just a bit, she kept her eyes on the screen in front of her, so then she wouldn’t have anyone thinking she was weird.

She immediately felt guilty for being so rude, she mumbled small shy apologies as she looked in his direction again

Welp. That settled it. She actually was aware of his existence. A mixture of both relief and confusion drew across his features once he finally got a good look at her face.

"Holy shit," he whispered almost inaudibly, raking a full palm through his hair. "Holy shit. This is... insane." Although calm at first, his entire features twisted in an elated state of awe. "This is insane! You can actually hear me!" It was a good thing it was only her, too. If everyone else in the studio could hear his shouting, they'd burn him alive.

"Oh my god, you have no idea how crazy this has been! I'm like... Okay, listen. Like, I'm not supposed to be here, right? Like, I'm supposed to be dead! A-And nobody can see me but you! Well... damn, wait, that came out wrong." She looked well enough, but he pegged that on her inability to see anything. Life as a blind person had to be tough. People always treating you like you were insanely handicap and incapable of doing the simplest things like opening a door or sharpening a pencil. Yurai frowned while he shifted in his boots, regardless of her knowledge of it. "What I mean is... wait, how can you see--- er. Shit. I mean, how can you hear me anyway? No one else can. Least not as far as I know."

Violet narrowed her eyes in his direction, “Are you high?” She asked in the calmest voice she could. “Say one more thing, or hint to the fact I can’t see and I might actually hit you with my cane. She said with an innocent smile as if to hint to the fact she was joking.

“Slow down your talking and tell me what happened.” She said as she crossed her arms, a little confused about what was going on. She didn’t know if she was talking to a druggie, or maybe someone someone who wasn’t.. right. She bit her pink lip softly

Users who are viewing this thread

Back