• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Realistic or Modern I Remeber When We Were Young (WW x Chan)

Juliette shook her head as she listened to him, nervously pulling her sleeves (which technically were the mans jackets) over her hands. "You couldn't help it, I was gone and we couldn't talk... it's my fault we fell apart like this" she sighed and looked at her feet, her dark hair falling around her face. When he spoke again though she looked up, feeling guilty as he asked for the old Julie back, the one who he had helped out of her shell. "I was alone in the delivery room, just me and the doctors, I got thrown out when I was 18 with a baby that wasn't even 1. I haven't exactly had the best time being the carefree Julie I was... I was a scared kid... I still am..." the girl was trying her best to breath and not cry but it was near impossible hearing his voice getting caught and choked. This was her fault, she caused this.
Ben could recognize when Julie was upset, even after all these years he could still pick up on her unique subtleties. He gently placed his arms around her in hug slowly rocking back and forth. “It’s not your fault Julie all that matters is that we’re together now. Don’t hesitate hug me like we did on our first date.” He kissed her cheek. “Kiss me as if it was our first peck outside of a Friday night football game.” He whispered into her ear softly. “Hear my voice as that one that first said I love you.”

“Life isn’t always the most simple thing but that’s the beauty. I don’t blame any of this one you, it’s neither of our faults. All we can do is change the here and now.”

Julie let a breath go and held onto the man tightly, hiding her face away in his chest. She wasn't sure if she was ready for them to just go back to how they were after years of being apart but maybe she could open herself up to try. After a long moment of hugging she pulling back and wiped her cheeks. "Ok, ok... I have a hungry 4 year old who wants a sandwhich.... you know... you can come by and see her whenever you want, but you have to promise me you won't let your grades or life slip because of us ok? I want you to graduate, that was part of the reason I couldn't tell you about her right away" as the girl spoke she moved to get bread out, slipping off the mans jacket and putting it on the table as so not get stuff on it. Juliette never got to go to university, hell she barely finished highschool and by the look of the ampartment the grocery store didn't exactly pay amazingly but her and Rayna had food and shelter so that was good enough for her... though sometimes she longs for what life could've been like if she had gone to collage and did what she wanted... she loved Rayna and would never trade her for anything, but the mind can't help but wander.

Last edited:
Julie let a breath go and held onto the man tightly, hiding her face away in his chest. She wasn't sure if she was ready for them to just go back to how they were after years of being apart but maybe she could open herself up to try. After a long moment of hugging she pulling back and wiped her cheeks. "Ok, ok... I have a hungry 4 year old who wants a sandwhich.... you know... you can come by and see her whenever you want, but you have to promise me you won't let your grades or life slip because of us ok? I want you to graduate, that was part of the reason I couldn't tell you about her right away" as the girl spoke she moved to get bread out, slipping off the mans jacket and putting it on the table as so not get stuff on it. Juliette never got to go to university, hell she barely finished highschool and by the look of the ampartment the grocery store didn't exactly pay amazingly but her and Rayna had food and shelter so that was good enough for her... though sometimes she longs for what life could've been like if she had gone to collage and did what she wanted... she loved Rayna and would never trade her for anything, but the mind can't help but wander.
Ben walked out of the hole somewhat disappointed in all that happened. The old Julie wasn’t back and it killed him. He needed time alone and that’s exactly what he did, after quickly saying goodbye he went to play basketball which always cleared his mind. The ball bounced as his thoughts wandered.

It was a couple weeks later when Juliette was heading home from work after the night shift fairly late, her neighbour being so kind as to offer to drive both of the girls to school in the morning so Rayna could sleep over there. Now Juliette couldn't really afford a car so she'd just power through the walk home in the cold, but that night had a twist in fate that was a little cruel. From around a corner a masked figure had stepped out in front of the shy girl, pushing her back against the wall roughly. "Hand over your cash pretty girl" The money Juliette had on her was all the money she had food the next week, she couldn't let the thief have it, the thieft on the other hand had brute force on his side.
A couple punches and kicks later the girl was on the ground, money and coat gone, bruises already forming on her face an aching torso. Quickly, she pulled herself to sit up with her back against the wall, letting out a breath as she pulled out her phone knowing there was only one person she knew who'd come. "H-hey ben?.... I'm sorry if I woke you up... I-I need help..."

It was a couple weeks later when Juliette was heading home from work after the night shift fairly late, her neighbour being so kind as to offer to drive both of the girls to school in the morning so Rayna could sleep over there. Now Juliette couldn't really afford a car so she'd just power through the walk home in the cold, but that night had a twist in fate that was a little cruel. From around a corner a masked figure had stepped out in front of the shy girl, pushing her back against the wall roughly. "Hand over your cash pretty girl" The money Juliette had on her was all the money she had food the next week, she couldn't let the thief have it, the thieft on the other hand had brute force on his side.
A couple punches and kicks later the girl was on the ground, money and coat gone, bruises already forming on her face an aching torso. Quickly, she pulled herself to sit up with her back against the wall, letting out a breath as she pulled out her phone knowing there was only one person she knew who'd come. "H-hey ben?.... I'm sorry if I woke you up... I-I need help..."
Ben was awake at the moment she called studying for an exam he had the next day, he could hear the fright in her soft voice as she spoke, “I’ll be there as soon as I can if it’s really serious call the police I’m on my way.” He hung up quickly throwing on a jacket and speeding through stop signs to reach her location minutes later.

He spotted her angelic figure standing and hurriedly pulled beside of her in a dash. He opened the door jogging over to her, “What happened Julie?!?@

Juliette groaned as she pulled herself up seeing his car coming down the road. "I-I got mugged..." she was shivering, her work uniform damp from the snowy concrete. As she tried to step forward she fell, feeling weak from getting beaten up, grabbing onto the man for support so she would completely fall onto the ground. "I'm sorry... I-i didn't know who else to call..."
The girl hated asking people for help in any situation but she was hurt and since she was new to town ben was the only person she could think of.

Juliette groaned as she pulled herself up seeing his car coming down the road. "I-I got mugged..." she was shivering, her work uniform damp from the snowy concrete. As she tried to step forward she fell, feeling weak from getting beaten up, grabbing onto the man for support so she would completely fall onto the ground. "I'm sorry... I-i didn't know who else to call..."
The girl hated asking people for help in any situation but she was hurt and since she was new to town ben was the only person she could think of.
Ben quickly took Julie into his arms being very gentle as to not hurt her. He was mixed equally of sadness and anger as she guided her slowly to the car. “We’re taking you to the hospital and don’t worry about the bill I’m covering it. I’m sorry Julie, from now on I give you rides to and from work...” He was obviously distraught at the fight of his sweetheart so beaten and battered. He held her hand as they drive to the hospital.

Juliette nodded weakly as he told her they were going to the hospital, not having the energy to argue. Once they got to the hospital and the girl was in the examination room waiting for a doctor to see her she shook from the fear and chill, her eye black and her lip bloody. She felt a little foggy if she was being completely honest. Glancing over at Ben she could see the worry she was putting him through, guilt resting in her stomach.
"Ok Juliette right? Pretty name" the doctor came in with a grin, being an older man it kinda comforted the girl. "So it seemed you have a cracked rib a long with a few bruised, you also have a pretty bad concussion. Moving on your own for the next little while is gonna be hard, do you have anyone who can help you?" The doctors eyes shifted to the man who was also in the room before looking back to Juliette. "I-I'm not sure..." she knew Ben had exams soon so she didn't want to cause trouble and ruin his grades.

Juliette nodded weakly as he told her they were going to the hospital, not having the energy to argue. Once they got to the hospital and the girl was in the examination room waiting for a doctor to see her she shook from the fear and chill, her eye black and her lip bloody. She felt a little foggy if she was being completely honest. Glancing over at Ben she could see the worry she was putting him through, guilt resting in her stomach.
"Ok Juliette right? Pretty name" the doctor came in with a grin, being an older man it kinda comforted the girl. "So it seemed you have a cracked rib a long with a few bruised, you also have a pretty bad concussion. Moving on your own for the next little while is gonna be hard, do you have anyone who can help you?" The doctors eyes shifted to the man who was also in the room before looking back to Juliette. "I-I'm not sure..." she knew Ben had exams soon so she didn't want to cause trouble and ruin his grades.
Ben gave the doctor a reassuring look,”Listne Doc just tell me what needs to happen for her to get better and it’ll be done. I’m there for her in whatever way she needs.” He paused looking at Julie with a reassuring smile.

Juliette nodded meekly as the man spoke, the doctor turning his attention to him with a smile. "Tonight, every hour she needs to be woken up just to check on her head and see how she's doing. I'm also going to say minimal screen time, it causes strain with a concussion. For the ribs theres not much you can do, I'll wrap them up here and give you two some wrap so it can be redone later on. Rest for at least a week being carrying anything above 5 pounds since we don't want the rib to shift out of place" Juliette listened to the doctor, nodding along.
Later, after her ribs were wrapped and they were given the ok Juliette leaned on Ben once again, letting him lead her out. "I'll pay you back for the bill I promise... and you don't have to take care of me, I'll be fine just get me home and I can sleep it off..." she said with her gentle voice, she was still in shock over the whole ordeal and felt guilty having him help her after he'd already gotten her to the hospital. There was also the fact that the girls money for the week had been stolen... what was she gonna do? what about food? The mother couldn't be injured like this she had a child to take care of.

Juliette nodded meekly as the man spoke, the doctor turning his attention to him with a smile. "Tonight, every hour she needs to be woken up just to check on her head and see how she's doing. I'm also going to say minimal screen time, it causes strain with a concussion. For the ribs theres not much you can do, I'll wrap them up here and give you two some wrap so it can be redone later on. Rest for at least a week being carrying anything above 5 pounds since we don't want the rib to shift out of place" Juliette listened to the doctor, nodding along.
Later, after her ribs were wrapped and they were given the ok Juliette leaned on Ben once again, letting him lead her out. "I'll pay you back for the bill I promise... and you don't have to take care of me, I'll be fine just get me home and I can sleep it off..." she said with her gentle voice, she was still in shock over the whole ordeal and felt guilty having him help her after he'd already gotten her to the hospital. There was also the fact that the girls money for the week had been stolen... what was she gonna do? what about food? The mother couldn't be injured like this she had a child to take care of.
Ben let her softly voice a noble humble statement like she always did before speaking sternly, “Listen Julie this is serious you need to recover from that it wasn’t a scrape or bruise... sometimes life forces you to take a break. You’re not paying me back for the bill and I’ll be at your house this week to help with Rayna. This is a good time for her and I to spend some time together; all I’m letting you know is that in here to stay and you aren’t my burden... I love you just as much as I did 4 years ago sweetie.” After letting his words flow Ben paused in utter shock at the honesty he portrayed.

Juliette wasn't sure what to say at first, she stared at the man in a slight shock. He still loved her? How? Why? the girl didn't have it in her to ask questions just yet so she let out a breath and tried to catch his eyes. "Ok... but, I know you have exams this week. So, the only way I won't be a complete pain in the ass and do everything I was told not to do you gotta promise me you'll still study. Like while raynas sleeping or at school. Whenever you can." the girls voice was still gentle but had a stern edge to it, it sounded also a bit mothery since the only person she usually gave sternness to was a 4 year old.

Juliette wasn't sure what to say at first, she stared at the man in a slight shock. He still loved her? How? Why? the girl didn't have it in her to ask questions just yet so she let out a breath and tried to catch his eyes. "Ok... but, I know you have exams this week. So, the only way I won't be a complete pain in the ass and do everything I was told not to do you gotta promise me you'll still study. Like while raynas sleeping or at school. Whenever you can." the girls voice was still gentle but had a stern edge to it, it sounded also a bit mothery since the only person she usually gave sternness to was a 4 year old.
He let out a minor smile then spoke, “Yes I promise I’ll study. School has always been easy for me you know that, it’ll all work out I promise.” Ben had certain unspoken confidence in those words... as though in his heart he truely believed that he and Julie would make things work despite even the toughest of odds. Streetlights passed as he made his way back to Julie’s house block by block. They stopped at a red light and Ben caught eyes with her gently touching her hand. “Do you remember when we would drive around on spring nights just the two of us for no other reason than just to be with each other for a few hours?”

Juliette stayed quiet for most of the ride to the apartment, feeling a bit better since he promised to study during this whole mess. As they street lights passed she tensed slightly whenever they hit a bump, aggravating her injuries slightly. Then, at the sound of his voice she looks over, a smile peeking at her lips at the memory. "Yea, since my dad was so strict I used to live for those drives with you" she sighed, looking forward feeling a warmth from the playful teenage romance memory.
"Remember all the little 'adventures' you used to convince me to go on?" she smirked gently, looking back to him.

Juliette stayed quiet for most of the ride to the apartment, feeling a bit better since he promised to study during this whole mess. As they street lights passed she tensed slightly whenever they hit a bump, aggravating her injuries slightly. Then, at the sound of his voice she looks over, a smile peeking at her lips at the memory. "Yea, since my dad was so strict I used to live for those drives with you" she sighed, looking forward feeling a warmth from the playful teenage romance memory.
"Remember all the little 'adventures' you used to convince me to go on?" she smirked gently, looking back to him.
He smiled at her seeing a spark of her young playfulness in those grey eyes. “I’ll never forget... so many nights spent swimming in lakes or hiking in random places. I wouldn’t trade it away for anything those were some of the best moments I’ve ever had.” A smile couldn’t help but come across his face as they grew closer and closer to her house. “I miss those nights and adventures so much.”

Juliette smiled listening as he recalled their times together, nodding in agreement. "I do too... who knows maybe we could take Rayney up there when it warms up and all the snow is gone" it was the first time Juliette had ever suggested they do something as a family, obviously beginning to get more comfortable with having him back in her life.
Once they got back and got up to the apartments the girl got the man to help her to her room, sitting gingerly on the bed. "do you mind uh... just passing me a tee shirt and sweatpants from the dresser?" she felt a little awkward asking him to get her pjs but walking was a bit painful as of the moment

Juliette smiled listening as he recalled their times together, nodding in agreement. "I do too... who knows maybe we could take Rayney up there when it warms up and all the snow is gone" it was the first time Juliette had ever suggested they do something as a family, obviously beginning to get more comfortable with having him back in her life.
Once they got back and got up to the apartments the girl got the man to help her to her room, sitting gingerly on the bed. "do you mind uh... just passing me a tee shirt and sweatpants from the dresser?" she felt a little awkward asking him to get her pjs but walking was a bit painful as of the moment
Ben was happy to assist her in any way possible. He carefully reached into the dresser pulling out what felt like extremely comfortable pajamas and walked over to the bed lying the clothing beside her. “Listen if you need putting those on don’t be shy, the last thing we need is a rib moving out of place because of a t-shirt.” Ben knew she wouldn’t likely agree so he had to make it even more appealing. “I’ll close my eyes if that makes you feel any better. I just don’t want you to strain yourself Julie.” He let out a breath hoping she would understand.

Juliette gave him a thankful nod when he placed the clothes next to her before her face went red at his next offer. As instantly opened her mouth to say no but he continued, offering to keep his eyes clothes. The girl could feel the pain going across her torso from her ribs, knowing moving that much would hurt like a bitch. "O-ok... eyes closed though please" she knew he had seen her with less than a bra on when they were teenagers but she wasn't that well reacquainted with him yet, preferring to keep her modesty.

Juliette gave him a thankful nod when he placed the clothes next to her before her face went red at his next offer. As instantly opened her mouth to say no but he continued, offering to keep his eyes clothes. The girl could feel the pain going across her torso from her ribs, knowing moving that much would hurt like a bitch. "O-ok... eyes closed though please" she knew he had seen her with less than a bra on when they were teenagers but she wasn't that well reacquainted with him yet, preferring to keep her modesty.
“Alright just move your arms into the sleeves and I’ll pull the shirt over you. I’m closing my eyes now.” He looked comical standing there eyes shit struggling to position correctly but he did as good a job as he could given the situation. His arms were lifted up and just as Julie’s eyes poked through the neck of her t-shirt a bruise under Ben’s armpit and a scar that ran from his shoulder down his chest could be seen. As he put his arms down it couldn’t be seen and he opened his eyes patting her on the back. “I know it probably still hurt but it would’ve been worse. You should probably get some rest.”

Juliette listened to the mans directions as she put her arms through the shirt, getting her head through the neck, once her eyes were freed she nearly gasped at the sight of the bruising and scar running down Bens torso, not being able to form words. When the man suggested she rest she shook her head "Ben... what h-happened to you? The bruise and scar?" her gentle voice made every question sound gentle and subtle but she had heavy concern in her eyes.

Juliette listened to the mans directions as she put her arms through the shirt, getting her head through the neck, once her eyes were freed she nearly gasped at the sight of the bruising and scar running down Bens torso, not being able to form words. When the man suggested she rest she shook her head "Ben... what h-happened to you? The bruise and scar?" her gentle voice made every question sound gentle and subtle but she had heavy concern in her eyes.
He was aghast at her question hoping she wouldn’t notice the injuries but now that she had he was committed to being honest with her. “Look Julie...” he stumbled mid-sentence trying to carefully think out his words, “this guy in my economics class named Tay is known for selling drugs but one night a friend was drunk at a party held at his house and called me to come get him instead of drive. I was just going there to pick him up and....

when I came up to the door two huge guys asked me for my name and apparently it wasn’t the right one because they started hitting me and throwing me on the ground. I feel on a glass bottle and it broke cutting my chest, that’s the scar. The bruise is from the two guys punching me. Thank god my friend came out or it could’ve been worse.”

Juliettes eyes went wide as he explained the drugs, party, the beating, using all her will power to keep the tears that instinctively came to her eyes. "o-oh..." She stuttered with a sigh, biting her lip. "C-can you lay down with me?" she looked down at her lap as she spoke unsure what he'd say.

Juliettes eyes went wide as he explained the drugs, party, the beating, using all her will power to keep the tears that instinctively came to her eyes. "o-oh..." She stuttered with a sigh, biting her lip. "C-can you lay down with me?" she looked down at her lap as she spoke unsure what he'd say.
He looked at her the wounds he suffered visible in his eyes. “Yeah sure if that’s what you want.” His large frame came down beside her gently so as to not cause any pain. “Don’t be upset about it nothing either of us could have done to stop it.”

The girl cuddled into the man loosely made herself as comfortable as she could, knowing he had gotten hurt made the girl a little more affectionate. "I-I know but... I dunno just...be careful ok? I kn-know I can't say much b-but we have a daughter... we need to stay around for her..." her voice was a little sad as she spoke, saturated with worry as she shifted her head onto his chest, listening to his heart beat. "Rayna just got to meet you I dont want her to lose you"

Users who are viewing this thread

Back