• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Fantasy I promise it wasn't me. What building on fire?

Johnny R McAvery

Magic still exist for those willing to see.
Okay I have posted this a couple of times with no hits, so maybe a title change will help.

Okay going to make this short and brief, mostly for dramatic effect.

The time is modern in Georgia.

Lately a bunch of people have been missing. Suddenly gone without a trace, not even a clue or struggle were they went. But not of of these people are human. Some are being from the supernatural side of things. Some as vampires, werwolves, some are things more humanoid like satyrs. The one thing all these have in common is that they are from the land, they are of the earth.

A select group of people lead by a wizard know what is happening, as well as a few more people spread out throughout the entire united states. This group of people has also seen one of the leading vampire courts vanish. They are nothing, and when they vanished nightmares rose and the fomore crept from the seas and onto land.

((Alright so this is based on the Dresedn files. You don not have to have read this series to join. I'll educate everyone when the time comes. So to avoid ripping off Jim please don't play as a vampire or as a werewolf. If I get hits I'll explain the vampire courts. Also stay away from the Fae, they are too strong and have no interest in this matter, but you can be a changeling, a wizard/witch, or a normal human. And don't you dare think of the humans are weak in this series. If a human you can have magical artifacts. FOr example, and one you can't use, are the holy words like in the series, which are made from the nails of the cross, yeah that cross. I encourage questions)))

Awesome. You know anyone that might be interested?

@Gilmoregirl12 You in? Know we haven't RPed in a while. been busy, but I am finally getting less of a work load

I don't know anyone that might be interested but I can put this Rp in my signature in case someone sees it. :D

Sweet. I am going to wait a day or two and see if we can get one more person to join. So in the mean time let's discuss characters. I want o avoid anything like god moding or something anime like, if that makes sense. I'll allow mages no problem. But I will be a wizard.

ok so what races have you thought up? You said no vamps or wolves. Are you allowing other species besides humans, witchs and wizards?

I consider Wizards and witches as human. People can do changlings. In the series they are humans who have one mortal parent and one fae parent. So for example and please don't use it as I will use it as a road bump, but one parent could be a red cap, or the Red Cap and one mortal. Then base their personality off of the Fae parent. The red cap changling would essentially be homicidal maniac or something like that.

You can also be a vanilla mortal that posses a magical artifact. Like an axe forged from a dragon's final breath. Maybe the axe can cut through any enchantment but only those who come from knight lineage can use it. You know get creative.

I was thinking how about some super humans? Not the born with type, but genetically enhanced, or exo suit?

Doesn't fit in with this RP. This is more on the supernatural

Plus magic ruins technology on the suit idea

Demons would be the big ugly scary thing that only do things for themselves. They tend to be summoned and have a non-human form.

Angels I would allow. They can easily appear as human.

Dragonborn I am going to say no. We only know of one dragon in the series and he can take on a human guise, which is pretty cool, but again villain material. I think we can, or rather you guys can start up with some of the minor badies. SO if you want to play a honest dragon, disguised as human you can. PLus I think we'll all have more fun doing some plot element that is a minor to the large plotline.

I think demi-gods would be cool. In the last book the gang stole Christian relics from Hades and Harry hired a man who worked for Odin... So Gods (Plural) exist so Demis would be allowed. Just try not the make them Percy Jackson esque is all I ask.

Humans, and things really close to humans (Things they fight for humanity)...

This Rp will focus greatly on Human will prevailing. A group known as the Fomore (An ancient aquatic race) has come up onto land and are snatching up humans (Magical and not) and doing gods know what. We don't know that. At the same time the out-siders (Not my name either) are attacking on the walls of Faerie.

Are you planning for a fair bit of combat in the rp? Could I play a hunter?

(I don't know the series, so if I made a mistake, then... damn.)

Combat should be pretty high. Maybe not at first but I don't think it'll take too long to get to. But yeah I see nothing wrong with a mortal hunter. Be a lot more interesting that way. I love Supernatural, but lets try not to rip off on them with things like the creature's of season one. Mostly because we'll have different creatures to fight. Salt circles would hold true for this RP so that is good. I think my guy will try to contact your character.

Sounds good, and uhh... It's kind of impossible for me to rip this series off. I haven't heard of it until now.

Supernatural rp sounds cool though, so I'm interested.

I recommend the read big time. The Dresden Files are Written by Jim Butcher and read by James Marsters. The first few books kind of suck, especially compared with the rest of the series but you have to start from book one for things to make sense. He is currently writing book 15 now. I think I'll be posting this up soon

I may read them in the future, but uhh... hopefully you don't mean I should read the series before taking part in the rp.

In that case, my char app'll probably need to be in a 'pending' status for... a whiiile...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back