• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

I May Fall - Post-Vol. 3 RWBY 1x1 - The Azure Vermillion and Danchou Tsubomi

Danchou Tsubomi

Leader of the Mekakushi Dan

latest

Beacon Academy has fallen. A time of peace has become a time of unease, with an image of academic prestige gone alongside its kingdom. With Grimm murdering the last of the school's survivors, it seems like all hope is lost for this area of Remnant. Or at least, that's what it seems to be. Perhaps, despite all the darkness, light can still be found...?

Characters

Last edited by a moderator:
       Huffing and glancing back, Aya snapped her fingers and created a trail of fire behind here. There was no way that her teammates were....gone. They must've been caught up with all the Grimm. Right, that's what happened. And Beacon was still here. This is just a nightmare. When would she begin to wake up? Lowering her head, she heard the quickening steps of an alpha beowolf behind her. Why wouldn't it just leave her alone? 

"Awfully persistent, aren't you?" Snapping her fingers again, red dust flew forward and gave the Grimm an explosive punch. It flew far away enough for her to continue running. "...I hope...that I can see you all again, soon. When I wake up, let's all joke about this, all right? I bet you'd laugh the most, leader..." Her legs kept moving without any planned destination. After a while of time passed, Aya found herself getting tired, collapsing on Beacon's ruins.

A few drops of red dripped from her nose and onto the concrete. Her eyelids became heavy. This really was real. Everything that had happened really did happen. But not the part with her teammates. They must've been okay. They couldn't have just left her like that. What was taking them so long, though? More and more, Aya thought, while her consciousness was fading. The area of her felt cold, almost as if the air was freezing. Shivering, she sighed and let her eyes close.

...no, she had to keep going. While her body could barely handle standing at the moment, she had to. With all the Grimm focusing on the school, the Emerald Forest would have fewer Grimm to deal with at the moment. It'd be much safer than the rest of the city, or at least, she hoped it would be. Aya slowly walked to the place as the world around her shook. Just a few more steps...

Aya passed out on the grass.

Skye was sitting on top of a large tree gazing at the city that was once Beacon. A place where he was molded into a fairly well trained hunter. He dangled ‘Azure’ on his finger as he blankly looked at the ruins of the city. He often wondered what had happened to his team, if they made it out alive or not, and if they did? Where are they?

A sudden explosion caused Skye to snap to his senses and focused on the blast, “Well, that’s new…” he says nonchalantly before he stands to his feet to see if he could get a better view. After a moment of silence, he jumped off the tree and landed expertly before jogging towards the ruins to investigate.

It wasn’t until he came across a girl in the clearing of the forest that he stopped in his tracks and stopped. He examined her for a moment before he looked around. There was no sign of an ambush or any sign why she was laying here. He did, however, recognize her. They never talked but he has seen her around the Hunter Academy, “Judging by they way you are laying, you came from Beacon…but.” He turned his attention towards Beacon, “What were you doing there?

Suddenly an Alpha Grimm appeared roaring with a scare over its eye. Skye eyed the Alpha before looking at the unconscious girl, “huh, I take it you are after her.” The grim roared and began charging towards the two ad swung it’s razor sharp claws at them. Skye not only dodged the attack but also picked up the girl. He flipped over the grim and pulled out ‘Azure’ and held it while holding the girl over his shoulder. By the time the Alpha Grimm realized where he was Skye already loaded his weapon and blew off its head.

Nightfall, Skye took the girl and had her laying down by the fire and covering her with a blanket. He found an empty house and used it as his base but covered the windows to keep any light from shining through the window. He was in the middle of cleaning his ‘Azure’ and ‘Vermillion’ when she began to stir. He stopped and looked as she sat up looking around, “Hey there.” He greeted as he put away his weapon and stood up and walked towards her and took a knee to check on her, “You might want to think twice before taking a nap near Beacon.” He says, “Not exactly sun shine and rainbows since the new inhabitants moved in.”

-----------------

@Danchou Tsubomi

Aya slowly woke up, squinting at her surroundings. "...a nap...? What..."

Her eyes widened for a brief moment and she nodded slowly. "I am assuming you've dealt with that Alpha Grimm? The amount of Grimm there was excessive. Rather overwhelming, too. But enough on that. Where is everyone?" She...really had no reason to ask that. In a way, Aya probably knew. The answer in her mind did not seem like a good one. "...don't say anything. I...don't wish to know, honestly." From his weapons, the person talking to her seemed like another Beacon student, and with how the Alpha Grimm didn't kill her, a very skilled one. Aya sighed. It looked like she was in good care but she felt rather uncomfortable in the presence of someone she didn't know. Perhaps even a bit embarrassed by the fact she had to be saved. "Who are you, if I may ask? I believe I've seen you on campus a few times, but I don't personally know you."

He examined her a moment. The wound she did suffer wasn’t serious which was always a good thing. He concluded she would heal quickly. He was about to answer her question but she quickly dismissed it opting to know hear the answer. He noticed she eyed him, probably trying to get a good idea if she would recognize him. It seemed she did as he noticed she wasn’t as tense as she was before

She asked for his name and he smiles, “I will happily give my name to someone as… attractive.” He says with a slight smile, “Names Skye Iris, student of beacon…well former student any way.” He answers before he takes a seat in front of her, “Mind honoring me with yours?”

-------------

@Danchou Tsubomi

She rolled her eyes at the "attractive" comment. "Oh, I remember you now. You're that hopeless flirt, aren't you?" While she acted outwardly calm, she was really concerned on the whereabouts of her team. And the rest of her schoolmates...well, the entire city. Maybe even kingdom. What happened didn't seem like a normal Grimm attack so...was it planned? 

...Enough thinking about that. "Aya Orihara." Lowering her head, she added, "That's my name. I'm a first-year, probably like yourself. Member of Team DAMJ." Noting her surroundings, she said, "It's a bit dark in here...trying to avert attention from any nearby Grimm? Smart move. I'd rather not deal with any more of them. I've faced too many in one day, just by my lonesome. Which, by the way, wasn't fun when the Alphas starting showing..." 

He had a small smirk appear on his face as she recognized him as the ‘hopeless flirt’ and a chuckle escaped his lips, “I see my reputation proceeds me.” He joked before he added, “although, I like to think of my ‘hopeless flirting’ as ‘confident boosting’.” The look in her eyes suggested she was still wondering about the attack that took out Beacon but before he could suggest not to think about it anymore she suddenly answered his previous question.

Aya huh.” He says before adding, “Such a pretty name for an even prettier girl.” She complemented his idea of keeping the lodge dark as to avoid detection from the Grimm. He was slightly surprised to hear she managed to fight off Grimm by herself, even after the Alphas began to show. He was impressed after hearing that, “Pretty and skilled, I think I’m falling for you more and more.”

He stood up and walked to a pack and looked through it, “I managed to scavenge some food, I WAS planning on using it when me and my team went out on a mission but seeing as that isn’t going to happen.” He pulled out a can and grabbed a can opening and gave it to her, “here, eat up, you’ve been out all day you must be starving.”

---------------

@Danchou Tsubomi

"If you're falling for me, I'd suggest grabbing something to keep your balance." When he offered her food, she nodded. "Grimm fighting is taxing on one's energy. Especially against multiple. A lot more difficult when there's no team to support you, but..." Aya shook her head. "What matters is that the battle is over now. I shouldn't worry about it." She tried her best not to eat too quickly, for her hunger was getting too massive.  "Well, Skye, it seems like you're able to handle yourself just as well. We'll need the best for what's to come, as it does not look like things will be simple and clean. No, I think our lives just became more complicated..."

@The Azure Vermillion

Pretty and sarcastic, he had a feeling this was a start to a beautiful friendship. He was glad she took his offering with no hesitation and noticed she was downing the food quite fast. He offered her another can of food, "I have been enough for at least a couple months on the field, even more so if I ration it." He says in case she worried about eating too much "but I'm sure you don't want your looks to go to waste due to starvation right?" He then adds, "I know I wouldn't." 

He took a seat on the long couch and sat casually with crossed his legs and his head leaned back against the couch his arms spread out. A loud howl from beowolfs  echoed at outside darkness but it didn't seem to bother Skye, "you can take the master bedroom if you get tired." He suddenly says pointing towards a half open door. He stands up to his feet and stretches his arms out, "I'll take the watch for the night." 

(It's not letting me do the color thing on my phone soooooo)

----------------

@Danchou Tsubomi

She took the can and sighed. "All right, thanks. You're certain you can handle the beowolves on your own? I don't want you to be a situation where you're outnumbered, so I wouldn't mind staying awake to keep watch as well." Sure, Aya was exhausted, but it's not like sleeping during a Grimm attack would be helpful. Aya continued to eat and ate slower so she didn't seem completely starved. "I believe you're capable of taking care of yourself though...going against alphas can prove to be rather difficult to face." Grumbling a little, she added, "I should know. I've attempted. And I did not find it particularly enjoyable..." Trying to find some other subject to talk about, Aya began to have small talk, even if she wasn't one for socializing. "...so, what sorts of things are you interested in? I'm sure you have some hobbies that you enjoyed, before all the Beacon issues appeared..."

Skye smiled, “It’s cute that you’re worried about me, but I’m pretty fresh so taking on a few Beowolves won’t be a problem at all.” He says before he takes a seat beside her, “But, I mean, if you want to spent more time with me all you have to do is say so.” He says in a teasing tone, “no need to beat around the bush.” Her attempts to make small talk was cute and gave him a pretty good insight on her social behavior. In order to avoid any awkward silence he kept the conversation going.

you want to know about little ol’ me?” he says before he places a hand on his chin playing the part of the thinker, “Well, I like long walks on the beach, romantic candle light dinners, and love poems that speak from the soul.” He noticed a look from her and says, “And when I’m not full of it, I enjoy training, beating up on grimm, and women of the ‘sexy’ variety.” He then puts on his most charming smile and says, “This is usually the part where I ask you out on a date but considering the situation… I think I might skip that step.” He leans away and gazes at the small fire in the fire place, “What about you Aya? I don’t see you the social type, so what do you like to do.”

---------------

@Danchou Tsubomi

"...I read." She didn't specifically say what she read, though, if she said she liked romance he'd probably say something about that and she'd have to keep coming up with snarky responses. Which, by the way, could take a while to come up. It was actually kind of a skill to create them despite what others say. "That's really it...well, unless you count being sarcastic as a hobby. Then I'm rather booked, I'm afraid." Aya never really understood people who were flirts. Maybe it's because she didn't act like that or was too shy to try to be like that? Whatever the reason, she had no idea how to reply to some of the things he said. So Aya basically ignored it. "Say, it's been a little quiet lately. I don't think that's a good sign...better prepare ourselves for battle. I don't like how close grimm are to us..."

“Read…” he copied and waited to see if she would add on to it. When she didn’t he just said, “exciting.” Her next comment caused him to chuckle, “well, maybe someday you’ll be free, I’ll love to hear what sarcastic remarks a hotty like you could come up with.” He gave her a smile and looked at her before switching his gaze to the fire.

She voiced her concern about how quiet it was but Skye simply made a dismissive noise as he wrapped his arms around her shoulder and looked at her, “naaah, just sit back, relax and enjoy the…” suddenly a Beowolf burst through the wall and lunged at them, “Excuse me.” Skye suddenly says as he pulls out ‘Azure’ and pulls the trigger blowing off the Beowolfs head while keeping eye contact with hers. He spins ‘Azure’ around his finger and holsters it, “looks like we need to ‘entertain’ our guests, care to join me?” He takes his arm off her shoulder and walks towards the large hole that used to be the wall and a large pack of Beowolves waiting outside.

----------------

@Danchou Tsubomi

"More grimm. Lovely." Aya stood up, snapping her fingers and flames lashed out on a nearby grimm. Noticing the size of the group, she readied a larger attack but a beowolf got to her first and pushed her to the ground. Gritting her teeth, Aya barely dodged the beowolf's claws and snapped again, this time a small explosion appearing. The explosion was large enough to blow it off and Aya quickly recovered. Watching the beowolves around her, she took a deep breath and tried to think of what her brother would do. He always knew what to do and how to act.

Skye was standing in front of three grimm when he heard a explosion and saw Aya was surrounded and when he turned his attention to the three he saw the three have increased to six, "well...that's unfair..." he says before he smirks, "there is only six of you." all six grimm charged towards him and Skye pulled out both 'Azure' and 'Vermilion' and held them in front of him. He pulled the triggers killing some grimm and wounding others but some of the six got close to him and swiped their claws at him. Skye dodged by jumping over the Grimm, flipped, shot multiple shoots from both weapons, killing the Grimm and landed gracefully. Grimm attacked him the moment he landed by Skye didn't seem to have any problem dodging, saying things like, 'miss me', 'oooh so close' or 'come on you have to do better then that'. all the while bouncing on his feet like some sort of kung fu action star. 

the Grimm charged at Skye once again and he smirks. Each Grimm attack was skillfully dodged and countered in one fluent motion. By the time he was down to the last Grimm he saw Aya's situation hasn't gotten better. Skye dodged the Grimm's attack, jammed 'Vermilion' in its gut. the Grimm was knocked off its feet just by the sheer force of the barrel being jammed in its stomach but then was sent flying once Skye pulled the trigger. it flew and collided with one of the many Grimm surrounding Aya. the surprise Grimm turned their attention to Sky and he smirks, "Hey sexy." he says as he confidentially walks towards Aya, tapping 'Vermilion' on his shoulder, "I'm a little upset these Grimm ruined our moment," he says with a smirk, "so would you mind if I join the party?"

=========================

@Danchou Tsubomi

"...Might as well, but don't get too distracted by me. After all, this is a combat situation we're dealing with." Taking in a deep breath, she watched the grimm around her and grinned slightly as she snapped her fingers one more time, an explosion landing on a few of the group's beowolves. The battle seemed to be going pretty well. Just when she thought that, a large, alpha beowolf appeared. Was that the same one from earlier? It looked somewhat injured and charged directly to her, as if angered by her actions earlier. Her lips mouthed a profanity as she just barely dodged the hulking creature's smashing strike, the ground shaking below her. "Skye, this isn't good. This is a very powerful grimm. Even my best attacks couldn't take it down. We're going to have to have some sort of plan..."

Aya's eyes widened as she nodded, apparently agreeing with herself.. "Aha...say, you use dust bullets like the general populace, correct? If that is the case, then I believe we'll be able to fight much more efficiently if we work together-er, do be careful, as this is no mere foe..."

@The Azure Vermillion

Skye stood on the other side of the Grimm encircling Aya and waited for her move. He used her explosion as a signal and jumped over landing beside her and skillfully kicked a Grimm's claws away while using his other leg to kick the Grimm on its jaw. He stunned the Grimm long enough to land on his feet and shoot the Grimm in both its eyes killing it, "Trust me when I say, I can take care of these Grimm and admire your assets at the same time." he says getting in a gun kata stance. Even though this was the first time Skye and Aya have fought together. They were doing well. Skye used 'Azure' and 'Vermilion' to take out long distance targets while Aya used her explosion to scatter and lower their numbers before they reached them. Every once in a while a grim would break through and attack. Case in point a Grimm got close to Aya and Swung its claws at her. it caught her off guard but Skye reacted quickly and grabbed her hand and spun her around so they both switched places, jammed the gun in its mouth, pulled the trigger before spinning her back and dipping her (I believe that's what it's called in a dance) and returned to the fight.

Suddenly the alpha showed up and charged at Aya. She warned him about the alpha and they both dodged the large claws, she managed to escape unscathed but the very tip of its claws caught Skye's chest. The cut wasn't deep but it did draw blood. He looked at his chest and smirks, "A challenge huh." he says before listening to Aya as it seems she formed some sort of plan, "Sounds like you have a plan," he says before getting into his gun stance, "Alright, I'll follow your lead Aya." 

==========================

@Danchou Tsubomi 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back