• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Futuristic I have some weird ideas and that's okay. Ignore Prefix.

Do you like these ideas?

• Yes

Votes: 3 60.0%
  • They're okay

Votes: 2 40.0%
  • They are terrible.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • You need help. Professional help that I'm not qualified to give you.

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Insanitation

Hi. I'm Kevin, I'm 26. I usually do 1-3 paragraphs, sometimes more but really I'm pretty relaxed on length. I'm not looking for serious stories and am focusing on the more ridiculous end of the scale. It's just more fun for me that way. PM preferred, Forums are perfectly acceptable. Cartoon/anime faceclaims preferred, but use whatever you want. Almost none of my characters are very realistic. I know dodging bullets, lightning, or lasers is bullshit, but it also is cool so if it happens it happens.

all rules will be followed.

So I guess onto plots.

Cats Are Jerks!
Sci-Fi | Action | Comedy
After an unfortunate run-in with a really crafty mouse, your character's beloved pet Snowball has met his end at the bottom of a skillet. He was their best friend, and he was a good kitty! Angry, heartbroken, and seeking revenge, your character heads directly to the animal shelter to get a meaner cat to vanquish the mouse. How will they adjust when they discover their new pet is Mittens Delgato, a tech-savvy alien, and the most dangerous mercenary in the galaxy? (Overpowered warning; Mittens has feats of time-travel killing all the dinosaurs, starting with the babies. They were crushed by blunt force using other baby dinosaurs and the dinosaur families were forced to watch. He was paid less than you think to do it and this is a fairly low-end feat and was accomplished without one of his battle armors.)

We could be heroes!

Superhero | Modern | Action | Semi-Realistic
An overreaction to a mugging has caused your Character's [College roommate, classmate, coworker, or friend] to take up a spandex suit, a shovel, and a can-do attitude. She also wants your character to help her clean the streets of New Angeles (basically the fictional bastard hybrid of NY and LA) and free it from the grasp of criminals, starting from the bottom and working through the ranks. Would be a great idea, if they had superpowers.

I am your demise! That's who I am.
Sci-Fi | Bully | Comedy
Your character's girlfriend is great, a little out there but she means well. Their parents like her, their friends like her, their dog likes her. Your character is thinking about proposing, but there's one problem; her cat, Cookie. She hates your character. For no reason, too! Your character KNOWS that cat hates them. It's not just the looks, but the cold, calculated way she targets what your character likes. Their girlfriend's had that cat since high school, giving her away is not an option. Recently their girlfriend had business to attend to, and needed someone to take care of Cookie for a week. She couldn't get anybody else on such short notice and it was super important. Tell your character to buckle up, because Cookie is not what she seems.

Test Subject 106 Willing to play either character.
Modern Sci-Fi | Family | School | Dark Comedy | Eventual Buddy?
Character A is a scientist, working for a pharmaceutical giant. Over the past several years, Private prisons have begun "renting" death row inmates & lifers to medical facilities. Character B is 20 years into a life sentence. They were originally falsely convicted but years behind bars have hardened them into the monster the jury thought they were. Character A has been playing with the formula that reduces the effects of aging. Testing in white mice has shown great promise in both the physical appearance and activity and it is ready for human trial. That means Character B. An unknown contaminant somehow got into the serum, and over the next few hours, Character B's age seemed to roll back, a lot. They had the body of a six year old. Upon trying to explain, Character B stabbed Character A with a syringe and injected them with the serum as well. Luckily for Character A, their dosage was much lower and were given the body of a teenager that was strong enough to not strangled by tiny hands. Character B was a little bitey though. They were found by security, and when no adults came to claim them, they were both placed in the same foster home. Character A is responsible for keeping Character B out of trouble.

I don't want you to be like me.
Superhero | Family | Dark
Character A used to be a vigilante. They've been shot, stabbed, and left for dead more times than they can count. They've fought petty criminals, gang members, and members of organized crime families. Eighteen years ago their priorities changed. Character B was born and Character A hung up their mask for good. After all, they wanted to be there for their child. Character A noticed some strange behavior from Character B. Coming in at all hours of the night if they even come home at all. Giving inconsistent and unlikely excuses. At first, Character A suspected drugs, it wasn't uncommon after all. What they found scared them worse; Character B was trying the exact same thing Character A tried. Character B wasn't raised like Character A was, they don't know how bad people can be. There's no talking them out of it, so the only way Character A can keep them safe is to dust off the old suit and join them.

I can't believe how awesome I am. (Craving) Willing to play either world.
Undetermined Setting | Modern | Double World | Action | Dark Comedy
We will be playing the same character. Who they are can be figured out together. This character is hallucinating severely for an undetermined reason. Not realistic hallucinations either, extreme, vivid, to this character it is real. To everyone else... not so much. One of us will play the part of them that thinks they're a heroic warrior in a fantasy world of badass, and the other will play a maniac in the world that everyone else sees as well. We'll both get to add dialogue and play side characters. Let's see what kind of trouble being an action hero can make.

Defenders of Kakogan (Craving)
Sci-Fi | Superhero | Comedy
Link to group interest check below
I promise it will be fun. It is basically a reverse superman situation at first. Human children sent to a planet with extremely weak and fragile life where they seem extremely awesome by comparison. Everything, including species names and planet names is completely up for discussion and change. Just check it out. I'll do a 1x1 with it if you want.

Also bring me your weird ideas if you have some but don't like mine. But please like mine.

Last edited:
While I am unfortunately looking for a different type of 1 on 1, the last idea that you have is extremely interesting and quite amusing. Whether it's original or not, it is certainly humorous to think about how astounding humans would be in comparison to an inferior race.

Added a new plot.

And Purity Purity that one was inspired by a Robot Chicken skit, with elements of Superman, and Gundam/Attack on Titan. Only it uses rock monsters, which are unoriginal enough to have their own tvtropes page. Viva Pinata had pinata creatures but they aren't evil. So it's original in a sense but also in no way original, I guess? Glad you found it interesting even if it's not what you're looking for.

AshleyTheNarwhal AshleyTheNarwhal I want to be the shovel wielding one overreacting to the mugging, her name's Jenny. I could play her stabby brother if you'd rather me play a male character. (His name's Ashley, sorry for stealing your name)
Thread or PM?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back