• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Fantasy I had this idea...

Did you ever meet a dangerous banana?

• Total voters

MechanicalHeart

Sentient AI
Hi.

I'm looking for someone to write with. More specifically, I'd like to write a fantasy adventure. Below, you will find the a set of ideas already in my head, which will form the starting point of discussion over the final premise of the story. Note that these ideas are meant to describe (part of) the world where the story will take place. These ideas are subject to alterations, additions and any other form of input from prospective partners.

First off, here are some house rules:
  • You are a capable writer.
  • You don't have to reply right away. I'd rather you think about your posts and how you want to advance the story from the perspective of your characters. I will do the same.
  • Yes, I said characters. I expect you to play multiple characters with varying degrees of influence over the story.
  • I expect you to actively contribute to the story. It's terribly boring when people simply tag along.
  • I will inform you if I am no longer interested. I'd apreciate some notice if I shouldn't expect replies anymore ( for whatever reason. I don't judge your existence)
  • Taking a break is allowed. Please inform me if you do.
  • Contrary to popular belief, I do not bite.
  • It is impossible to shock me.

I won't be negotiating on the house rules.

Ideas:
  • A high fantasy world where an event introduced magic into the world through means of a type of charged gemstone.
  • Different guilds, tribes, schools, whatever type of grouping you want to use, of people who have been touched by this magic. Some increase the physical attributes of people as well as their mental states. Others allow the people to wield magical powers. It is possible, but dangerous, to attempt to receive multiple of these "blessings". Especially contradictory "blessings".
  • Some groups tied a religion to these stones, others view them as simple instruments to gain power.
  • The Wulfen tribes: The blessing of the Wulfen stone makes natural hunters out of those touched by them. The wielders are granted heightened sense of smell and hearing. They gather in small bands, which over time act as packs of wolves. They share close personal bonds with their packs stay together as a family.
  • The Bears: These people are big, strong and tough. They live more solitary lives and tend to roam around large territories. They prefer big weapons and overpowering opponents. They are courageous, stoic people
  • The Magi Guilds: Gifted with the powers of magic, the Magi are scholars who devote most of their time to quiet study of the stones and their magic. The Magi guilds are capable of great understanding and feats. They do, however, keep to themselves. They hate being disturbed and getting help from a Magi is hard at the best of times. They care for little else than the pursuit of knowledge.
  • The Stonebreaker Clan: Gifted with unnaturally long lifespans, but turned into what's basically a dwarf, the stonebreakers are tough and hardy people. Their entire clan was turned to short, stocky people when a giant stone impacted the mountainous region of their homeland. They mine the riches it left in its wake, they brew beer and trade with outsiders. They have adapted after a few generations and are known to be friendly, humourous and overall jolly people. They've built the mountain kingdom from their legends as a token of appreciation for their new existence. They are still considered 'human' by most people. Only short and pudgy. They make great food.
  • More stuff to be added when it comes to mind.
  • Your additions here.

That's all folks. PM me or post here. I'll reply at some point of activity.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back