Yes I'm a new user here

Yes I looked for a RP to join

Yes I made a character for it in the proper place

Yes I it was accepted

Yes I jumped in

Yes I posted a few things my character was doing to start playing

Yet I still fell ignored by everybody else

It's a small group of people...

1 one 1 easy for me love it! My idea involves a school for magic users, combat training, the son of Thor. Whadda think?

M.H or magical highschool is a place for kids who have magic to learn and control their abilities, they have combat training, magic training,potions and many other classes

My main character will be Storm Mackentire. He is son of Thor and is also a were tiger, he uses lightning magic from his dad and psionic abilities from his mother.

Ah yes I know how you feel. Like rainbowbasilisk said you can do one on ones. Or you can just get some friends on and RP with them in a small group. Unless you have crappy friends they won't ignore you!

Most of the time "ignoring" happens because it's either hard to interact with you the way you roleplay, or there isn't enough reason for the characters to interact meaningfully. I personally far prefer 1x1 because it's easier to get exactly what you want OOC and to keep the RP on track. Small cohesive groups can be loads of fun too but only with a solid direction that the RP can go towards and interesting characters that can have meaningful interactions.

There can be a number of reasons why someone ignores you- someone might ubfortunately not like your character, someone might have something specific in mind they want to do involving something else, the rp might be so fast paced they don't notice, someone is just skimming posts instead of reading, I agree with Atreus in that it might be hard to come up with a realistic way for your and a specific OC to start (and continue to) interact, you didn't make an effort to have your OC do something that the other characters would notice or be intrigued enough to be drawn in...

Its very hard to determine what and it happens often.

A 1x1 would certainly force interaction, but if you want to do group rps one thing that can help a lot is communication with the GM and your fellow players! Planning, suggesting plot ideas, and even just conversing casually can all really affect it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back