I don't understand.

PrincessPeaches

Roleplay Availability
Roleplay Type(s)
I'm pretty new to the site so I haven't gotten the hang of the rules, but I just find it quite confusing that even no matter how patiently I try to wait, no one will reply to my posts.

I saw many posts, some more well-written and some less 'well-written' than me, recieve literally hundreds of replies in 2 hours while my posts attracted 0 replies in four weeks.

I understand that my posts seem rather minimalistic compared to the posts with all the colourful texts and vivid character illustrations, but at least just give my story a chance.

Out of the hundreds of thousands of different users on this site, I just hope at least one of you to do a roleplay with me, and you may leave if you didn't like what I had for you.

Last edited:
From a glance at your profile, I think the problem is where and how you are beginning your roleplays. Interest checks are to garner interest for a roleplay, not to just post your starter as people will not know what kind of roleplay you want, and generally wouldn't insert themselves in without prior agreement. The 1x1/Group threads are for roleplays that have already begun and generally you'll want to already agree to roleplay with someone before you make the thread. "Introduce yourselves" is also just for new player intros and welcomes, not to post your roleplay starter.

Try making an interest check thread with your wants and ideas for a roleplay, and then when you've found a group/partner you can start the roleplay :) If you have any questions on navigating the site I'm sure there are plenty that are willing to help you out in that regard

Also as a heads up you are kinda spamming by reposting the same thing over and over again.

Typically you just post a single thread and bump that thread once every 24 hours.

For a recruit you are gonna post it 1x1 Interest Checks (as this seems to be an idea for two people).

In your recruit thread you want to introduce yourself with the following info ;;

1. How often you can post
2. How long your posts are
3. (Optional) Any dealbreakers (ex. Pedophilia, Abuse, Alcohol, etc.)

You also want to post your requests for your partner ;;

1. How often do you want them to post
2. How long do you want their posts to be
3. Do you want help with the plot?

Then you would post the prompt about the African princess below all that. (Probably in a spoiler just so you aren’t overwhelming people with text.)

Code:
[spoiler=My Idea] put the text here [/spoiler]

*** you can add more info that’s just the bare basics so people know what your looking for in terms of engagement. ***

There are a few issues here:

• Spamming (in a colloquial sense, not saying you are infringing on the rules or anything like that) the same thread in different places is not a good look.
  • You’ve not posted your threads in the place to look for RPs (the recruitment subforums) but in the roleplay subforums where you’re expected to already have a partner or group.
  • The intro post format is atypical, which isn't to say it never happens, but it's not what people expect out of an interest check. For one this means less people would even be able to tell you were trying to make an interest check given the placement in the RP section, and for two I do believe the generally preferred format for reading is one in a more OOC format.
  • You only have one idea across all your threads, and one that is highly specific on very particular facts about the situation when it could be a bit more generic for flexibility.
  • Some of these details concern the other player’s character in a way that does not seem required by the plot, namely being from Brooklyn and entering through a scholarship. Now these don’t seem like particularly big details to me, and you might simply want them which is fine, though any unnecessary restrictions on the other person’s character runs the risk of running against what that person might want in a character or feeling imposing on the partner.
  • Not too long ago I used to regularly ask potential partners what they thought of romance in an RP context. Something that was so universal I got tired of seeing it was people stating that they didn't want love at first sight romance and they preferred slow burn / more organically developed romance or even to only have romance if the character happened to show chemistry over the story. Even disregarding that latter group (since your plot requires one of the character's starting out in love) specifying love at first sight would then turn away a large chunk of the people who'd otherwise be interested in romance plots.
  • To summarize the above points, your threads were in the wrong place and contain a lot of element that either slightly or greatly narrow down the range of potentially interested people. It's important to note that people don't have all the time in the world to look through every thread and often just look at the ones that are most available to them in one way or another. This implies that due to luck, timing, and small differences of interest, any narrowing down or widening of a potential audience here has exponential rather than a linear impact on your ability to find people who'd be interested.
  • Furthermore you are lacking in logistical information, one of the first and foremost things many people (myself included) tend to look at, as it can make or break a partnership. Information on post requirements (frequency, length...), placement of RP (to be fair you did put [PM] in the title, but as this is not usually the place where people put this kind of stuff, people might have taken it to imply something else), and other such matters.

In order to up your chances of finding a partner, I would recommend essentially three things:
1. Place the thread in the appropriate area to search for RPs
2. Include logistical information.
3. Try to widen the specifics to give people more leeway. Trim down those specifics to what really enhances the story and/or is really necessary for it. Naturally this isn't to say you can't keep details like the falling in love being at first sight or the other player's character entering with a scholarship just because you like them, but they will narrow the potentially interested people. So make sure to write things in a way that leaves more leeway unless you're willing to sacrifice the range of potential takers.

Best of luck and happy RPing!

Edit: And immediately as I finish writing this I notice there is a thread you made in the proper section. Oops. Well, my advice in general still stands I think.

You keep posting the same intro/starter, in different threads (some of which are inappropriate to post in) without giving any context as to what is going on. It's unclear whether you have another partner, are leaving the thread open ended, or something else so people aren't going to know if they're allowed to reply or not. If you want to find a roleplay partner then I would suggest posting a request in the recruitment forum that details what you are looking for in a partner/story and post frequency. Once you find a partner/group and work out the logistics, that is when you would create a thread in one of the RP forums.

Users who are viewing this thread