Chitchat I don't like telling the truth

Cypheroli

I lie a lot. It hurts sometimes, but it won't stop. If any of you busybodies asks me a personal question, I will provide a personal anecdote yet it will contain lies. However, if you are the type of person who isn't deterred by such a trifling thing as a lie then you may actually learn more about me about than I I would normally let on.

As for now, I will only say this. Tomorrow cannot be like today, but not because it is another day, it is tomorrow. No one has yet seen tomorrow. And if I see it is only because I inhibit and nothing more. There is no inhabiting the unknown.

I mean, you're not wrong. Not advocating that lying's all gucci but there's nothing inherently wrong with it over the internet. To what end to people need to know the actual truth? who knows, long as it isn't something dramatic or pandering for attention.

I'm not talking about lying on the internet, just in general. As for the inherent question: in truth, maybe no one yet also maybe just that one someone. One can never know what will happen, and regardless, aren't we always at risk? I mean this in the sense that at any moment an individual is presented with choices, that those choices each contain the regret of not making one those other choices, and that they have no way of understanding the shifting nature of the social environment. To me, it doesn't really matter what the platform is, a lie is a lie, because no matter the occasion the psychological reasoning remains the same. I'm not just a robot who adapts according to parameters; everything I do is a part of me.

Last edited:
I'm not saying lying is bad, but it certainly cannot be categorized as good. However, some lies will not remain so forever. Sometimes if you tell yourself you are something you become that thing over time.

I think some lies can be categorized as good, however. For example, a parent lying to a child that if they don't finish their food, they will grow many pimples when they grow up. As a result, the child will learn not to waste food as an adult. Or what if your friend's dog just died, but you don't feel that sad for him? You can't possibly say how you truly feel, because that will just hurt him. Maybe some things are better left unsaid.

Unless you're literally about to kill someone I don't see why you would have to hide how you truly feel. And there are ways to get a child to do things that don't involve lying. I will admit that sometimes life goes better if you lie yet philosophically speaking its morally grey at best. Moreover, I don't like the idea of pretending to be something I'm not. That's just me, though. I'm fucking weird.

Why hate it and not accept it? After all, lying isn't all bad. Everyone tell lies from time to time.

Because I can. It's hard to change but I won't accept it. There are other things that I hate about myself, and some of them I can't change, but this I can. It's just hard.

I'm surprised to see people arguing lying isn't a bad thing because of an end goal or motive behind it. That is actually the definition of a "necessary evil", so one would need to accept the act as "evil" (in the loosest sense of the word) because of that. While I agree with some of the sentiments in here that people on the internet don't have an inherent right to know your personal information, the reality is that you can still be honest and choose not share that information.

Sometimes it can be hard to change, as you said, but I hope you're able to and if you ever need a hand in that respect then I'm sure we'll all be here and willing to help.

Finally, somebody understands my sentiment exactly. I'm still here to tell some tall tales if anyone is interested. Don't worry, I don't fish.

Lying is a good survival tactic. If you view it as an asset or a tool then its a grand thing though if it takes over your life then it could be a bad thing. If you cannot choose whether to lie and you just lie by habit then it might be a bad thing but if you just choose to lie a lot then you do you dude

Ive lkes before when it advantages me. Its never to people i know, always to chairty workers or people ill nevee encounter again.

Man, I was a compulsive liar at one point, and was off happier for that. Now, I'm in a better place and better mind, but still working on it. So... uh, I went off-topic, but good luck!

I relate to this thread faaaaaaar too much than I should...

Yeah, as much I want to tell the truth and be honest... I... goddamn is it difficult...

Truths are... painful...
Horrible...
You don’t wanna face them, let alone admit them to others....

I don’t enjoy it, but maybe they’re a necessary evil...? Heh, or maybe that’s just what I tell myself...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back