I can’t make multiple paragraph posts quickly

Tonstad39

God of wisdom
I’m in an RP that has a minimum paragraph long post requirement and it seems to take me ten or fifteen minutes to make each post while others seem to respond within about three to five minutes, effectively leaving me behind! My question to you is: What’s the best way to make long posts quickly.

Practice. Honestly, there isn't really any other way to do it than that. So if the roleplay is one of those real-time response roleplays you might have to bow out. Or at least ask your partners if they would mind waiting for you to make a response before submitting their own.

To tell you the truth buddy the higher you go the longer it takes to complete posts. I'm use to posts with at least 2-3 paragraphs, and those usually come daily if you're lucky. But then again, us detailed longer-post preferring players are used to things taking longer to come. Our goal is to delight on each post individually rather than their sequence alone.

Yep, and there's nothing wrong with that. Don't worry, if you want to get foot on that world of longer posts, you'll find yourself getting a bit more used to it soon :)

I'm always a little surprised when people mention ten and fifteen minutes as being a long time to craft a post. I think my average time to post ranges around 45 minutes to an hour but my brain is always making detours either due to my godawful attention span or because I'm double checking previous posts, doing research on something that would appear in the post or scene, or fishing around for inspiration. So it's a frequent occurrence for me to sit down to start on a post and not actually finish it for hours. But I also exclusively do 1x1s nowadays and most of my partners lately have been slow and methodical writers too so it all works out.

I do think it's worth bringing your issue up to the other folks in the RP, though. If the pace is that fast and you are being left behind, the problem isn't because it takes you more time to write the posts.

It really depends on how fast you can type. I can churn out roughly 70-90 WPM which means I can write up to 5 paragraphs or more within 10-15 minutes. Keep practicing typing and just write what comes to mind.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back