I Am...

He seemed to take a moment to think, as if her question was something that was debatable and when he looked back, his smile was wider. Putting his hand onto his chest, he let out a light chuckle, "but of course. Better to die at the hands of a beauty than a brute. I'm quite sure most of us would feel that way." His words were light and teasing, yet his eyes held a kind of darkness in them that one would rarely see. His gaze held hers firmly and there was a certain curiosity and amusement in those dark blue depths.

"Regarding my take on our situation... I don't mind it." His gaze left hers for a second as he glanced meaningfully at the people around them, "I find this quite entertaining. So many different people in one room, preparing to take on an army many times their size? I wonder how this will play out."

Aron crossed his arms and narrowed his eyes. As real as the memories looked, Jackson had said "I'm human." Ever since his powers had first emerged, no one had been able to get away with lying to him. This was no exception. "If I'm to work with you, I'm going to need you to be honest with you. With most people here I could dig out the truth myself if I wanted to, but not you. That said, not even you can get away with lying to me. I will always know when anyone is lying to me, so I'll ask again: What are you?"

Malala crossed her and and raised an eyebrow when he said 'beauty'. She could help but chuckle slightly at his words. "I'll keep that in mind." She watch him for a second more before looking over to where his gaze fell. It was all she could do not to gag at the sight. There were so many of them, all with different strengths and weaknesses. While she was not afraid she was wary of how exactly the King planned to get them to work together. Her being the first to admit she wasn't good with taking orders.

"I find this whole situation repulsive. I will not be a pawn in the Kings game nor do I care to be used for others personal gain." She sighed as she placed her arms behind her taking in a deep breath. "This will only end with pain and blood." She spoke her eyes landing on the king as she narrowed them, hate filling her as she watched the old man. She be happy to split a few of his bones but knew that she also be signing up for a death wish if she did so.

Jackson looked frustrated, "We're working together so I guess I can trust you. There's one condition. Dont. Tell. Anyone." He began, pulling him away to a spot with no one around. He smiled in a wide grin. "You know the stories of the powerful Earthlord that the Titans and Ancients were afraid of? That was me. Everything. True as can be. Im usually honest with everyone but not when it comes to my background. Im sorry" He finished looking quite sad on the last sentence. "Well. I guess I didnt do a good job at hiding it. I made this entire room light up earlier when I was practicing my sword fighting for gods sake." He added with a laugh.

Last edited by a moderator:
Corin followed her gaze, casting a subtle glance in the King's direction before looking back at her. The corner of his lips curled up just a bit more. "A pawn you say? Just because one follows orders, doesn't mean they are by any means a little pawn to be manipulated by its King. And thats is the same for both me and you."

His face took on a thoughtful expression, yet his eyes remained on her, watchful and unreadable" Whether we'd like to believe it or not, things will always end in pain and bloodshed. It's a fact, engraved into the very blood and bone of hummanity. If we were not destined to fight now, then we would in centuries time."

As he spoke, a dark feathered falcon slowly climbed out from inside his master's coat where it had been hiding when the kidnappers had come. He now sat poised on Corin's shoulder, watching her with intelligent, gold eyes.

"I rather finish my own war before I start someone else's dear." She spoke removing her eyes from the king to the man. She found him unsettling unlike others he was careful not to give anything away which only made her more curious.

She watched as a falcon crept on the mans shoulder. She always had a deep affinity towards Falcons, the closest living thing she had come to love. Her eyes watched the creature as it settled himself on the mans shoulders. "What do you call him?" She asked, realizing she hadn't even learned the mans name, shows what happens when you exclude yourself from humanity.

The meaning behind her word's hadn't gone unnoticed by Corin, but he decided to not pry. After all, it wasn't impolite to intrude on another's privacy, especially if they did not want to reveal such things about themselves. Though he said nothing, his eyes held a silent question, lit with glimmer of curiosity and interest.

At being addressed, the falcon seemed to ruffle its feathers as if rather pleased to be noticed. Corin's gaze slid from her to his feathery companion as he chuckled lightly, "this would be Talon, my right hand bird." While he answered, he realized her question and reminded him of something.

"My, i've given his name already but not mine." He held out a hand to her, palm upturned for hers as his head dipped slightly in a bow. "Corin Triche, and yours?"

Aron didn't want to believe him, but could tell that he was telling the truth. "Wow. That was unexpected. Don't worry, I wont tell anyone. though I do have one more question. With you here, why is everyone else needed? Don't you have the power to basically blink and win back the land?"

@ChronosCoded (I apologize for the short post)

Mahala saw the question I his eyes but decided to to address it. She watched the falcon, tilting her head as it looked at her. "Talon and Corin. You two suit each other." She said giving him her hand as she introduced herself. "Mahala Carn. " she said dipping her head out of respect before she straightened herself up.

Jackson laughed. "Possibly, but power is useless in a battle without strategy and courage. Without those power is nothing." He responded with a smile. "Thank you for promising not to tell anyone." He added in a slightly dark voice. "And dont tell anyone I told you this, the king is announcing something later. I wont tell you what it is because it'll just spoil the surprise but just be on the lookout." He said as he walked back into the group.

While he was conversing with random people he noticed a girl talking to a man. The girl seemed familiar. Ahh. She was that girl that was flipping out earlier. He walked over and said, "Hello. Im Jackson." And held out his hand for a handshake, though he doubted she would shake it.

@Aio

@Shog

Corin gently took her hand in his, bending down swiftly to press his lips to the back of her hand in a light kiss before straightening and letting go of her hand. "Miss Carn, or would prefer Malala, it is a pleasure to meet you. I believe Talon shares my feelings on this topic." He cast a look at the falcon who returned the look bacj in a pointed manner as if to say ey, what you looking at? This brought a light chuckle out of the young man as his gaze slid back to rest on Malala.

"So, do you intend to find some way out of this sticky predicament we're in?" He asked after a moment of silence.

"That certainly sounds intriguing, although it's nothing I don't believe. I've seen crazy things in the past year so someone who communicates with animals is pretty low on my list of disbelief," Teletra spoke coolly, looking around at the presumably small room. It was truly quite vast, and held many interests once it was looked upon. There was the initial darkness of a table and the chairs they had al been sitting in, but past that was an extension of sorts, a long hall paved with stone stronger than that even of the castle walls, with archery ranges, melee dummies and potentially moving target practice as well. But past all that, at the end of a hall, was a door. Teletra looked upon it curiously, wondering whether or not to sneak off. @PenguinFox

Malala looked at the man who approached and narrowed her eyes. He gave her an uneasy feeling though she couldn't explain why. To her he was no threat but the sure he gave off told her differently. She didn't dare place her hand in his, only giving him a small nod his way before speaking. "Mahala. A pleasure." She said quickly before looking back at Corin.

"I do. Though I don't think killing would be my best option in this situation." She told him, looking back at Jackson every now and then, wary of his presence. "What about yourself? Looking to stick it to the crown?" She as Corin, rather curious to see what he say, though she didn't not want to say much with the presence of Jackson.

Corin seemed to sense her uneaseness, but made no move to comment, deciding only to watch her wary movements and gestures. Sure, there was something rather strange about the man he saw, but he wouldn't let his curiosity show in his eyes, after all, who he currently held in his attention was no the man, but the young lady.

"As the King is my liege, it is my duty to serve him and the country, but i have my reasons for both wanting to help and not wanting." He replied, purposefully leaving his answer vague and open to debate. his gaze slid to Jackson in a friendly manner as he finished. "I am Corin and this is Talon."

The bird of prey hopped from Corin's shoulders down to Malala's. It would seem even the bird could sense the tension,

Triv nodded thoughtfully in response to Teletra's words as his eyes moved upwards. He was listening to the other conversations going on in the room. He heard one pair go off to discuss something in private and wanted so badly to know what that was. He heard the aggressive girl speaking with another man. Finally he heard the word, or name rather, Talon. Talon was only ever a name used by people for pets. Birds of prey to be precise. His head swiveled to look in the direction the word had come from. There, sitting on a man's shoulder, was a falcon. The urge to call out to it came but he resisted. This bird already had a master and Triv was not the kind to break a bond like that, even if he could.

When the elf's eyes returned to the princess before him he noticed her curious gaze to a closed door. "If you are curious, find out. That is what my people say anyway. We learn when we can. Keeps us alive." he spoke casually as if randomly exploring wasn't ever frowned upon or dangerous. He shrugged. "If you want I could go with you." he looked around the room, eyes locking with those of the man who was guarding the door. After a moment Triv broke the eye contact. He hated people watching him, made him feel like a prey animal. @McMajestic

Teletra glanced back at Triv, letting out a breath and trying to decide what to do. Of course her father would notice she had slipped off so she didn't know if it was even worth it. Besides, how could anything interesting be behind the door? "Knowledge isn't always a good thing," she muttered, looking down at the floor. It was then she heard the heavy footsteps of the king, and she glanced up to notice he was walking in the middle of the group. "Alright everyone! Now that we've all talked a bit I'd like you to all show off your skills to your new team. Jackson already has so anybody else who'd like to go, may. It's important we all know each other's strengths in planning battle strategies."

@ChronosCoded @Dominaiscna @Aio @Shog

"Okay..." He said uneasily, putting his arm down. "It seems Im unwanted here." He began with a smile, "Though that isnt usually a surprise..." He finished under his breath. "Sorry to disturb you." He said quickly with a half smile and noticed the king announce something about learning the groups abilities. "Okay then!" He said and ran toward a gathering group.

(Sorry for the short post :P )

"For most. It mostly depends on what you do with the knowledge. Those who are wise impart their knowledge to others, so help them. Those who are fools believe knowledge is to gain power. From that comes greed. Then there is the common man. Those who seek neither aid of others nor power. The middle path, where most people lie." Triv finished his deeply philosophical speech and gave Teletra a quick look. "You must figure out which you are in life. If you ever wish to talk, find me." his neutral expression formed into a small grin. "I'm always all ears." he tapped his ears to point out the joke he was making, then turned and moved to the corner of the room. Around that time the king said he wanted everyone to show off their talent. Triv figured if he were to play along now, be the good show horse the king wanted him to be, than later everyone would disregard him and leave him alone. Leaning against the wall he pulled his bow from his shoulder. "Anyone have an apple?" he called out as he put his hood up. Seeing that there was no way he could show off his talent with animals unless a bear came barging in or something, Triv decided to show his skill with a bow. @ChronosCoded @Dominaiscna @Aio @Shog

Aron's eyes began to glow. A guard moved from his station, picked up an apple, and moved over to Triv. He held out the apple and said "Here you are." If one looked closely, they could see the guards eyes glowing the same color as Aron's, but far fainter. Aron decided he may as well show off to the observant. Those he believed could be a real threat to him already know of his power, though to what extent he could not say.

Mahala looked between Jackson and Corin before feeling something heavy rest itself on her shoulder. She turned her head to find Talon and smiled slightly, taking her finger she ran it under the bird's neck before looking at the others. She sighed when she heard one of them say the should show off their powers. Mahala couldn't help but chuckle knowing her powers would either leave someone dead or in mental distress.

She watched as the others displayed their talent. So we had someone who could control minds, that was help fun she supposed. Though she was rather curious to see what Corin's talents were. She would label him 'mysterious' in a way though she wasn't quite sure what to make of him.

Everyones abilities were amazing and unique. Of course he could probably master them all in a few days but he didnt say that. He cleared his throat in a manner that indicated he needed to say something. He politely beckoned the king over to him while everyone was showing off their power and said in a whisper, "Sir, I dont mean to be rude but I dont think very many people were paying attention to me when I was practicing and I'd really like for the group to know what they're working with. May I go again?" He'd really hoped he wasnt getting on the kings nerves as it wasnt really a good thing to stress a king out during a war. He walked over to another part of the group and waited for the king to give his okay.

@McMajestic

It seemed Keres was late to the party, but it seemed like it couldn't have been helped. Practically all day she had been around what were possibly too many witnesses to sneak her away. Helping take notes for the head priest about what his next sermon would be about, helping prepare for the day's upcoming rituals and blessings with the head priestess, even teaching young priests and priestesses in training for when they would one day go off to distant temples all across the land. There wasn't much alone time in her daily schedule, so when she finally was alone for a few minutes, the poor knights were able to finally take their chance. There wasn't even much time to process what was going on before the hood was pulled down over her face and her hands tied up. She was more confused than afraid, possibly due to her own ignorance as to what this kind of situation could lead to. A million questions ran through her head on the trip to the palace, but when she was finally directed into the room and the bag was removed from her head, even more questions came to mind as she blinked in confusion at the very diverse crowd in the room. This definitely wasn't the temple anymore.

Triv looked at the knight, then at the one who's eyes were glowing. He gave a shrug and took the apple. He didn't really care that he could mind control people as long as he didn't try to control him. He took a bite of the apple before throwing it into the air as hard as he could. In one fluid and quick movement he pulled an arrow from his quiver, strung it and fired at the airborne fruit. The arrow pierced the apple and nailed it the wall, sticking out where he had bitten it. Triv then calmly placed the bow back on his shoulder and resumed leaning against the wall

@Aio

He watched the crowd with unreadable eyes, raising an eyebrow at the various spectacle of skills. A skilled archer...a mind controller how funny and a wizard. He wondered why they were so eager to show off their talents, like little children putting on a show for their parents. Sure, it was for allies, but one never knew within a society that was crumbling into dust. Perhaps he would show them only a bit of what he could do, but Corin, himself, was considering avoiding such a display as much as possible. After all, the unseen blade was the deadliest.

Corin seemed to sense Malala's curiosity because he turned from the crowd to look at her, a smile pulling at his lips. "You seem curious. You want to know what I can do?" He gave her a few seconds before letting out a light chuckle. "But i also want to know what you do, so if you do not mind, ladies first?" His words were teasing as he gestured towards the middle of the crowd.

"And if it is a dummy you need, i will gladly volunteer myself and Corin...unless you powers let you twist me beyond recognition using excrutiating pain....." His words trailed off as he seemed to ponder this as if to imagine what it would be like. Letting out a chuckle, he said, "Have mercy on me."

Amie walked into the area as the arrow pierced the apple. She had not been kidnapped like the rest. Or maybe she had been, but it wasn't as rough. There was no ropes or bags over heads. She had politely agreed to come along and they had taken her to the Castle. She hadn't been there in ages, not since she was little anyway.

"Now that is a talent," She walked towards the group admittedly a little impressed. She even clapped. "It's nice to meet you all, I'm Amie," She did a little curtsey bow thingy.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back