I Am...

Triv's eyes narrowed at the kings words. War? It wasn't a war. A war is when two military forces fought on the field of battle. Innocent people who weren't soldiers were slaughtered in their homes. People like Triven's family. He wanted to leave right then and there but the one who had cut his bindings was guarding the door. He instead approached the king. "My leige, surely you must know who we are to have selected us. I must know- why me?" He spoke calmly and fluidly like his voice was wine. Surely the king knew he was an elf right? @McMajestic

"You, are far more valuable than you know," the king said gently. "You are agile and are better with animals than any other person in this room which brings a great advantage for the cavalry, and also, Elven blades are the most durable of any in the world, my dear boy. Callibret shuns your kind, and having you on my side is a great advantage," the king spoke with a wide smile. "Now that is all I can tell you for now. Please, go talk to others, get used to each other for now. We will begin the battle strategies soon enough," he waved the elf off before looking towards the earthlander. "Jackson, stay back here a moment. I'd like to speak to you especially," the king demanded, his voice lowering. He glanced back towards his daughter one last time. She seemed to want nothing to do with him and that was rather disheartening but he knew this was no place to cause a scene. Besides, she would come to him in good time, once she truly understood. @ChronosCoded @PenguinFox

Teletra looked towards the enchanter, snorting at his question. "Oh how polite of you to ask," she growled sarcastically. "You'll hate me for my reasoning, but then I suppose it will all come out eventually so who better to tell than the quiet one?" She bit her lip, taking a deep breath before continuing on. "Humans are selfish beings, you know, and as one I see things extremely selfishly, probably even more so than Cadner, and so even though I lived in this grand castle, with gold and diamonds thrown at my feet, I desired more. Knowing it'd break my father's heart, I ran off to find just that. I still haven't found the 'more' that I'm looking for, but the fresh air is better than the castle's stale air any day." @Shog

While Josh was walking away he heard the King call to him. He turned around and went back to the King. The Kings voice became low. That wasnt a good sign. He shouldnt have spoken out of line. Im a complete idiot. He thought. He became anxious and said, "Yes, sir?" He said, his voice lowering. He felt something move on his back. He panicked and realized it was just his swords, Excalibur and Clarent. He'd got Excalibur from a King name Arthur. He was a nice guy. One of the best kings he'd ever met. He'd stolen Clarent from the kings enemy, Mordred. Right after he used it to kill the king. He sneered at himself. That Mordred was a complete idiot. He used the arcane art of black magic for evil. Black magic was never intended to be associated with evil, it was supposed to be associated as an art of war! Like sword fighting! But human gullibility seeped in and screwed it up. He concentrated back on the task at hand and paid attention to the King again and asking, "Yes?" Once more.

Mahala stood up as soon as she was unbound, sure she liked the talk of war but since the king automatically assumed she would care to be apart she was out. Of course Mahala liked the sound of blood curdling screams as much as the next person but she only did it for her own personal gain, not the personal gain of others. Looking at the king she spoke. "I'll pass on your little game of cat and mouse." She started to walk towards the exit not amused with anyone at the moment and although she would have liked to see the bones rise up out of the old man she didn't feel like having a whole kingdom tracking her down...in short it be a pain.

@McMajestic

The king hardly glanced at the girl who threatened to walk out, paying more attention to Jackson instead. "You've been around for a longer time than any other. You've seen more wars than any human could bear, you know strategies, "I'm sure. You are the wisest of my team, and you are the strongest. You alone, with your grand swords and magical skills, I'm sure, could help lead us to victory, and it is for that reason, Jackson, I would like you to lead this team. There always must be a superior after all, for without a leader there is chaos," the king said quietly. "But I must warn you that if you take this position and become arrogant I will hear about it, for it has always been my daughter's least favorite trait and she will be my reporter, and then I will have to ask you to step down," he added, knowing such a humbling position could do just the opposite of its intention. @ChronosCoded

Johnathon watched as the girl stormed up to him, shaking his head once. "Sorry, Miss, but you are now under the orders of King Charles, and you are not allowed to leave. I will guard this door, or die trying, to ensure all of you stay in this room unless advised otherwise," he said simply, offering the girl a challenging girl. He knew just as well as the king who she was- what she was, and he had the correct equipment to subdue her if need be. @Aio

"So help me I will gladly twist every bone in your body if you do not move." She gave the man a dead stare, a smirk starting to play on her lips. "Or I can start with the precious king of yours. Sure we could start a war with that can't we." She let her thumb brush his cheek as he stood there leaning in as she whispered in his ear. "I'll let you watch." She chuckled before taking a step back, her dress flowing around her softly. One could say without the twisted smile she was quite beautiful but because of the darkness in her heart no one could see past it. "Now should I start at the arms or legs? Hm...Which do you prefer to see spikes of bone shooting out from?" While bone manipulation wasn't the only kind of magic she knew, it was her favorite because of the pain it caused. Think of a broken piece of bone sticking out of your leg, wouldn't it be lovely?

@McMajestic

Jackson held back the temptation of dancing around yelling, "YES!" He was above that. He was humble enough to not flip out and get excited. He merely merely gave a small smile and bowed. When he was finished bowing he found he lost his ability to speak correctly and all that came out was, "R-really s-sir? Are you s-s-s-sure?" He began and regained his ability to speak and stood up straight. "Is there going to be an announcement or...?" He finished. He didnt want to sound too happy about his position in the first five seconds he'd been in it. He'd never been a leader before. Sure, he was a leader and technically a king during the Terra Titan Dominus Bellum (That's what we called the war of the titans and ancients) but that was a long time ago...he wasnt even sure how long ago it really was. He'd hoped he wasnt rusty with his skills. He'd been living a simple life ever since the gods created this place for him (except for a few times.) He was just excited to be on the field again, he thought as he waited for the king to answer his questions.

Last edited by a moderator:
Johnathon scoffed. "Gods, why do I have to be the babysitter?" he muttered, rolling his eyes at the girl before grabbing her wrist quickly, squeezing it tight in his own hand. "You're irritating me, Sweet, so would you please just sit down before I have to do something drastic?" He squeezed her wrist, knowing in one swift motion he could tap a pressure point that would send her into a peaceful slumber for a bit, or perhaps he could use some of his magic on her to silence her futile efforts. Nobody would hurt his king, and if she even twitched in the direction of him Johnathon would soon leave her immobilized. @ChronosCoded

Mahala was tempted to put an end to him as soon as he grabbed her but she resisted the temptation, biting her lip to muffle a chuckle coming out of her mouth. "I wouldn't touch if I were you. You may find some bones in places they're not supposed to be." She could feel his bones, he had a good set if she was to be honest. One little flick of the wrist and he could find himself in a world of pain, just one little flick. This was the most interesting thing she's done in months other than raining terror on villages. "Come on, try me." She would taunt him, knowing that if he tried something she be the first to cause pain.

@McMajestic

"Great, I'm a sable boy and a political piece." Triv mumbled as he stepped away. He looked around at the others, listening in to conversations as his eyes passed over them. He heard how the one girl wanted to leave, he heard the conversation between the princess and who he assumed was the mind mage. He examined the aforementioned princess for a moment. She was fairly attractive for a human girl. His eyes continued to pass along the other 'recruits'. He didn't want to talk to any of them. He had no clue if they were racist and he didn't intend on finding out the hard way. He heard something about a leadership position and perked his ears to listen in. Someone was being appointed as a leader of this rag-tag group. Triv rolled his dark brown eyes. Did his highness honestly think they would all just listen to him because he said so? Granted, it's not like Triv wouldn't be a better leader. No one would listen to a 'knife ear' like him. That was always one of the weirdest insults to him. Knife-ear? That's not really an insult, more of an observation.

Eventually he moved to where the princess was. "Excuse me your highness." he bowed respectfully but spoke with a hint of sarcasm. "I'm not sure if you are aware but the king plans on using you as a liaison of sorts. He wants you to report back to him on us. I couldn't help but wonder if that was something you would actually do, all thing considered." he said referring to her running away. Again his voice was cool and collecting, hardly any emotion in it. He didn't dare show his hand yet. @McMajestic

"Thats okay with me." He said. He actually preferred discussing strategies and plans first than doing anything else. He watched as the king walked away and tapped on his crown. He tapped on his crown? Jackson was pretty good at reading peoples actions and he knew too well that people didnt do anything without reason. It must've been some sort of indication-no...heir to the throne? That couldnt be. The man knew who he was but didnt personally know him! And he was an Earthlord, by his experience people didnt really like his species! Or maybe that was just him...or maybe that was greed? He noticed an elf look at him. "Wonderful." He thought. Elves have great hearing! He must've heard his conversation with the king "Thats a person who now knows." He thought again and thought about the enchanter. Great. A second person who possibly knows. He might not know. You had to physically or mentally acknowledge the person you wanted to link with so he may not know. Jackson put his mind off of these stupid things and walked off, hoping to find a tacticians table or a sword practicing ground.

Johnathon sighed, shaking his head but not letting her go. "I am a respectable knight and I will not hurt someone who hasn't given me a reason, just remember this, Necromancer, bones can be healed but a dead body can not." He let her wrist go and leaned back against the door, a small smirk playing on his lips as he looked over at the girl. He supposed she would be entertaining if nothing else. There was an evil about her, he supposed, but wasn't there with everybody? He himself could have an evil aura if he so wished. There was nothing intimidating about her, no pain she could cause him greater than that of which he had already felt. His smirk fell and he frowned slightly, the image of a family coming to mind. A wife and children. Two sons. Gone. The image contorted his focus ever so slightly, but not enough so to let his guard down. @Aio

Teletra looked back to the young man who had poked in. "I did not leave because I hate my father. I have no problems catering to his wishes if it is to get my future kingdom back." She shrugged, crossing her arms over her chest and looking towards the... what was he exactly? A hood hid most of his features. She rolled her eyes when it became obvious he was hiding something. She were something similar to hide her own identity. "What are you? Don't make me ask twice," she added, glaring at Triven. @PenguinFox

Triven chuckled. "That is a rather odd and vague question don't you think? Could it be you're asking what my skills are? Or perhaps you think me not a human? A demon perhaps, or another race?" he pulled down the mask so she could see the small smile that graced his lips. His features were defined, and in general he was a nice enough guy, but people never saw that; they only saw his race, so he usually chose to hide his identity. "I know what you meant. You are wondering about my identity, which is fair seeing as I try my best to hide it. If you must know.." he said slowly lowering his hood. "I am an elf of the woodland. My people were all but wiped out during the invasion. As you may know the Callibret do not like my people, much like many men. My people were the first to feel the wrath of their armies. We also felt it the worst." his eyes took on a slight somber look as he spoke of the near destruction of his people. He hoped the others didn't have a problem with elves. Most in Partheon were accepting of his race at the least, but you never know. @McMajestic

"Well I'm sorry to hear about your village," Teletra spoke quietly. "But I see no difference between you and I and neither should anybody in this room. Cadner's citizens are not racist against Elven people, they are racist against those better than them, if it's any consolation." She stood to her full height, brushing some dust off the armor pieces guarding her upper arms. "Teletra Hart, Princess. Soon to be queen." She introduced, holding her hand out towards the elf. Her introduction was true enough. She had always planned to return eventually and rule her kingdom, although she doubted how soon it would truly be. @PenguinFox

Upon being released, Corin had made no move to converse with anybody, opting to be silent where he was and watching all that was happening around him. Indeed there were interesting people gathered here... There was a little mind reader, an all powerful sorcerer, a fiery necromancer and they even brought in help from a different species altogether. He had never found fault with the elves, nor did he find anything pleasing in them either. For him, They just were.

His gaze slid to the king and the lady that stood beside him. His daughter, huh? He remembered the Princess, after living in court for most of his life. She had indeed changed since he last her, but then again, so had he. Quite a lot actually. So those were who he was fighting with and for? Sure he had suspicions that the king might be a crackpot, considering his own daughter ran away from him, but he was still king and as a nobleman, it was his duty to serve his Majesty and his country. He was also a good man to his family and he supposed that it was only respectable to pay him back for hos many acts of good.

Getting up from his chair, Corin made his way towards the pair with some of the other members he recognized conversing with them. Stopping by a feet or two from the group as both Royals were already engaged in conversation. His overseers had taught him well and he wouldn't interrupt them or invade their private chatter in anyway, opting to casually looking around massive room and its many people.

Mahala felt him let go of her and frowned. "As I suspected you are not worth it." Truth be told she didn't feel like unleashing hell. The whole concept of being kidnapped was tiring to her and took a lot of her energy away. She glared at the man before walking away. She watched as the others spoke and rolled her eyes. She was nothing like them, they all seemed to be getting along well which made Mahala internally cringe. What is with these people? She thought. The get kidnapped and act as if it's no big deal.

The princess introduced herself as Teletra and held out her hand. Triv bit his lip slightly. He hated physical contact, and introductions were always awkward for him. On top of that this was the princess, should he bow? Shake her hand? Kiss the top of her hand? He didn't know the right answer so he settled for a gentle shake. He carefully reached out and shook her hand. "Triven Asarn, at your service I suppose. Many call me Triv, you may as well if it suits you." he honestly didn't care what she called him, as long as it wasn't insulting. He didn't really trust anyone here but he was trying to make a good impression at least. He bowed his head some in respect. When he looked back up again he looked directly into her eyes, trying to figure her out. Was she the kind to throw people's lives away to save her own? Would she stab anyone in the back? Was she a loving and caring person? These were the things he was trying to figure out as he searched her eyes. @McMajestic

Teletra shook her head when he bowed. "Don't bother with that. I've been treated like a regular person for a year. No need to change that now." She glanced around at everyone else for a moment before turning back to the elf. "So what are you? An archer?" She guessed, not completely sure if her assumption was correct. However if it was it made her wonder. Weren't their archers that had been trained for years under the king himself? In fact, weren't there strategist and mages in the army already? Why did the king need them at all? @PenguinFox

"As you wish." Triv said with a shrug. He thought for a moment at Teletra's next question. "I can use a bow yes. I also use swords. However my real skill is with nature. I suppose one could call me a beast master. I just hope that doesn't mean I'm a glorified stable boy. This may sound strange but...I have a connection with animals. Most people don't believe me until they see it though, so when there's a chance I'll show you." he gave her a small smile. It was true, many people believed he was exaggerating about his gift until they saw it for themselves. He knew there were a couple of animals in the room but they were already tame so it wouldn't be as impressive; no, he needed a wild animal. A wolf perhaps. @McMajestic

As Jackson was looking for a place to practice his sword skill he found a dummy held up by some logs. He propped it up just right and took out Excalibur. He'd hoped he didnt look like a complete show off when he started practicing. He smirked and channeled his golden aura through the sword, making the dark and unkempt room appear brighter and cleaner. He let out a karate-like yell and started slashing at the dummy with extreme speed. A million things went through his head at once, where to strike next, imagining and calculating where his 'enemy' would strike next and how to slash at his 'enemy' in the most painful way while also slashing at it in the cleanest way. After he was done practicing he turned off his aura and put the sword back behind him. He hadnt fought like that in at least two-hundred years. He looked around half expecting everyone to be staring at him. He looked down and concentrated, trying to find the enchanter. Once he located the enchanter he walked over to him and said, "Hi, we already kind of met, I'm Jackson. I never caught your name, what was it?"

Aron sensed Jackson looking for him. Jackson had the strongest mind of the group and Aron didn't even try to dig for anything in his mind. As much as he didn't like it, he would have to have a normal conversation with out digging into his mind.

"Aron," he replied, trying to size Jackson up. Something had been bugging him about this guy since he first woke up and as much as he tried to ignore it, it was always there. "Now I have a question for you. What are you? I know you're not any kind of race I've met before."

@ChronosCoded

Jackson was worried but he thought he hid that well. He filled his mind with as many fake memories he could come up with while simultaneously locking up his real memories. He made up fake memories like casting his first spell, his first knife, him going to school, and friends. He laughed and said, "What're you talking about? Im human, just look at my memories." He did a great job at lying, he had to be a good liar sometimes. He didnt want anyone to find out he was an Earthlord. It didnt matter if anyone found out but it was just a feeling he got whenever someone came close to finding out his species, and by his experience no one liked Earthlords except for the gods. "Anyways. Nice to meet you Aron." He said and held out his hand.

Mahala stepped to the side of the room, staring at the stone as she thought. She wouldn't submit so easily like the rest. She held great resentment towards the king, for reasons long ago forgotten by others but not here. To her humans were all the same, only looking out for themselves and no one else. She looked down at her dress and sighed seeing the mud stains that had gathered at the rim. She was never much of a pants kind of person but seeing the state of her dress she was strongly considering to start wearing them.

Corin, having grown rather bored of standing around, waiting for a chance to speak with the Royals, let his focus waver around the room till his gaze landed on that of a young, dark haired lady. The fiery one... He had titled her after seeing her little battle with the guard at the door. He had too admit, she was quite amusing. He watched her with unreadable eyes from his spot, quite a distance away. She was definitely a strange one...

Deciding that waiting around was not doing him any good, he instead turned to approach her. Such a strange individual with such dark powers. Perhaps he could learn a thing or two from such an encounter. Stopping a few feet away, he waited till he had gotten her attention before speaking in his rather modulated, gentle voice with a hint of amusement in his words. "Milady " he started, a smile pulling at the corners of his lips as he regarded her with his dark eyes, "you look as if you want to murder the whole lot of us. That isn't true, i hope not?"

Mahala looked at the man as her lips drew into a small smirk. "And if I was would you want to be the first?" She looked him over with her eyes, though it was not his appearance that sparked her interest but the aura he gave off. She laugh it off as she turned to face him fully. "And what about you? How do you feel about this situation?"

She stood with her arms crossed, her yellow eyes looking him over, watching the movement of his body closely. He had a familiar sense to him though she couldn't quite place her finger on in.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back