• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Realistic or Modern ~Hypnagogia~ To your other self

Soz

You're f*cking grounded.
iY4p6G3.png

dUdvrFQ.png
pb2Uvyi.png

Last edited:
Rules

1. Space is limited. Up to five will be selected.
  2. You may not tag users in the RP thread.
  3. You may not quote users in the RP thread.
  4. Good grammar is required.
  5. The ability to write at least a paragraph.
  6. Give everyone a chance to post.
  7. Post once every two to three days.
  8. There are "psychic" abilities, but you will not choose your own; you may not receive one.
  9. I consider this Sci-Fi for the most part, and at times may become technical in nature
  10. If you state interest, I'd like to start this RP within next week. Please be ready by then if you're selected.
  11. Create your character with the provided CS below, and post it here.

Last edited:
Name: Nickname: (optional)

Virtue: Virtues are means that grant a character a great sense of self-actualization, but which they are often tempted to ignore. A character can have "ambitious" as a virtue if following their ambitions is what makes them more fulfilled or "generous" if offering help to others is their central mission.

Vice: Vices instead are short-term comfort and a distraction from the world. Often, they are means to distract oneself from problems. A character can have "ambitious" as a vice if advancement is all that they care for, or "generous" if they are moved to acts of compassion that they consider a sign of weakness on their own part.

The Virtue / Vice Dichotomy is only limited to your ability to write well. Anything can be a virtue, and anything can be a vice as shown in the examples. For simplicity, look the the "Seven Deadly Sins" as examples of 'true vices', and their antonyms for 'true virtues'. Just keep in mind these can be expressed opposite of each other.

Height: (use cm)

Weight: (use kg)

Personality:

Appearance: (add photo above this CS. Include info not seen in the photo)

Irregularities: (reserved space. Leave blank.)

Skills: (skills that anyone could have through practice such as lock picking, or boosting cars. Pick one to three, but keep in mind the grander the skill the fewer you should have. Make them make sense in your bio as to why they decided to learn the skill)

Fears: (This exists in the form of trauma in this RP. Add your edge here. If you’d like to have no edge, that in itself is a form of edge. Be creative, as everyone is afraid of something.)

Backstory: (At least a paragraph, but I’d like more. Reading is cool.)

MISC ; (Sexuality, likes, dislikes, and arbitrary information that makes you more individual goes here. You can leave it blank, but not advised.)

Last edited:

Things left undecided & Unfinished for the RP

I am unsure if I'd like to use dice in the roleplay. The only format I would accept for dice would be based on dice pools of 10-sided dice rather than single large sided dice. 8-0 shown on the die is a success. 0 rerolls for additional chances at success. 5+ success are considered 'exceptional success'. 2 success is a failure, 0 success is a critical failure. I would determine the amount of die you roll which I would derive from the writing you provide. Better writing = more dice. Arbitrary, but I'd still view it as fair from my perspective. This may be voted on later.

Irregularities - These are abilities that I will give out later on, and are the reason you may not quote or tag users inside of the RP thread. For examples...

Quoting will be represented as telepathy, and tagging will be a 'psychic ping'. The ping may do different things and is yet to be determined on what it will do but my currently accepted thought is it gives the user that was tagged 'post priority', and gives the character a form of 'super speed.'​

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back