• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fantasy Hyperion Overload

Jason flinched again. He saw Kaori intently staring at the gem in her hand, pondering about what to do with it. He raised his eyebrows at Dr.Grace, and said nothing more.

The voice that came from the gem startled Kaori, making her jump and nearly drop the gem. "I-it spoke to me!", she exclaimed. At first she's a little frightened, but then becomes curious and eager to see what would happen if she did what it said. "Let's see what happens..." She does what she was told and slowly places the gem on her forehead.

Elodie looked over at the boy asking her about the gem. She nodded and replied "Yeah." She then watched all of the other students have the same reactions they had. People seemed to react with one stone that spoke to them. In her mind she could still hear one gem speaking to her. She stood up out of her seat impatiently and said:

"Doctor Grace, where is it? I hear something. I think it wants me."

Calen watched the situation from his seat in the corner of the class. One girl was touching a stone to her forehead for no apparent reason, another was out cold on the floor. "Why do I even have to go to school," he muttered under his breath. He decided he'd go get a drink from the water fountain in the hallway, and on his way out, when he neared Dr. Grace, he heared a tiny voice, seemingly in his pocket. He ignored it. It's not as if he could be hiding a talking rat in there. Right?

"Hello." Said a dark, sad voice. Jason flinched. He took a breath, regained his composure, and clasped his hands to his ears. All the class was in pandemonium. He ignored all of it, and proceeded with trying to block out the words. Somehow, inside, he knew that it was yet another crystal which was calling out to him- more so importantly, the one fore him. He went on ignoring it, and slumped down in his seat, hands still over his ears.

Joan hesitated to press it to her forehead. Who wouldn't? A strange voice was telling her to do it. Listening to strange voices was almost never a good idea. But she did end up pressing it to her forehead. And she didn't waste time doing it, either, so it looked like she hit herself upside the head with the gem because she did it so quickly.

Calen watched yet another student acting weird, this one clasping his hands over his ears for seemingly no reason. Calen wondered, maybe he'd accidentally been put in to class for children with intellectual disabilities? Calen decided he'd ask Dr. Grace, and as he walked over to his desk, he heard another voice. "Will you be my master? I'm all alone here in the dark. Will you be my master?" The voice startled him, and before Dr. Grace noticed him, he decided to get back to his seat.

Maybe he did belong in this class, after all.

Lucas simply watched all that was happening attentively until he too became captivitated by one of the crystals. Though no one else probably saw what he saw because onenof the crystals called out to him in a hallucination. The crystal flashed extremely bright like a welcoming beacon from it's position in the bag just like a light crystal would. Everything else around him was darknened by the light. No one else may see it but they'd see it reflected in his eyes. "I'm coming." he whispered.

As Calen sat quietly in his seat, he saw another student gazing at something, and as he followed his eyes, Calen noticed a crystal poking out of Dr. Grace's pocket. As Calen looked at it, he was sucked into it, and wasn't able to do anything except walk towards it. When he made it to Dr. Grace, he reached into his pocket and took out an icy blue crystal. Calen's instincts told him to touch it to his forehead, and Calen obeyed.

"Fine..."He grumbled, and slammed his closed fist, as he got up. He did so with so much force that his chair turned and fell with a loud clang. He made his way over to Dr. Grace and pulled out the dark, black crystal from his coat pocket. He knew what he had to do. He touched it to his forehead

Kaori was overwhelmed by massive amounts of raw electricity, before it subsided to a mild tingling. >>Master! We have . . . become one.<< Kaori suddenly felt . . . powerful. Almost as if she actually was electricity. The feeling dissipated far too quickly, leaving behind a growing numbness, the minor electricity of a limb that fell asleep.

Joan felt a massive amount of force, almost as if she were being punched in the gut. >>Master . . . we are united.<< It was soon replaced by a creeping feeling of power. She could feel her muscles growing infinitely more powerful, and heard the deep bellowing of a silverback gorilla. Was it . . . was it coming from her own throat? It was hard to tell. All too soon, the feeling of absurd strength faded, leaving behind an itchiness, as if Joan had been resting on her knuckles.

Jason found himself plunged into darkness. >>Master! I am in your service!<< Was he blinded? A creeping feeling of dread filled him, threatening to make his heart burst with fear, before being suddenly replaced by a growing sense of elation. He was powerful, he felt like he was the fearsome darkness. Before he could properly enjoy the power, however, it disappeared, with a mild darkening of his skin being the only remnant.

"Dr. Grace" watched in interest. Well. Isn't that interesting?

As Calen brought the crystal down from his forehead and went back to his seat, he noticed that 3 other students had done the same as him, and as they brought it down, strange things happened to them, one decided to bellow like a gorilla, another looked like she was being shocked. Before Calen sat down, he felt a cold tingling feeling deep inside his chest, he closed his eyes, and all he saw was ice.

Last edited by a moderator:
"Wh-what happened?!", Kaori asked. "It felt like electricity was surging though my body for a few seconds, and now i feel all...numb!!" She takes the gem off of her forehead and looks at it. "Was that supposed to happen?! And what do you mean we've 'become one'?!"

"I see how this works." Lucas said. He stood up and reach inside the bag relying solely on the pull of the crystal of Light as it's light basically blinded him. It felt as if it leapt into his hand and pulled it out. He held it out infront of him, it was like a holding the sun in his hand. He put the crystal to his forehead to commence the bonding.

Watching everyone else put the crystals to their forehead, Elodie decided to follow. She went to the bag, feeling around until she felt one of the crystals quivering with excitement. Strangely enough, it made a faint ticking noise like a clock, and she thought she could hear gears moving around in it. She grasped it, and touched it to her forehead like the others had.

Jason stumbled. He pointed at Dr.Grace, "You. What's happening to us? Why?" He asked, a bit aggressively. Considering the situation, that was an okay tone. He steadied himself with both the tables on his either side and waited for an answer from this teacher.

Calen watched one of the students interrogate Dr. Grace about the situation and he watched, wearing a curious look on his face.

"Dr. Grace" smiled. "There is a reason. Sadly, I can't explain it in front of . . . normals."

With a sweeping gesture of his hand, he made a point of showing several confused students. "Doctor Grace . . . what the hell is going on?"

He shook his head. "Nothing, nothing. Some of the other students are having a shared delusion, and I am suggesting they MEET ME AFTER CLASS."

>>Master Kaori, now our souls are one. I know what you know, and you can use my abilities freely. I don't think now would be a good time for a demonstration, though.<<

Calen listened intently to how Dr. Grace explained that he and the other students were having a delusion, and that they should meet him after class, so Calen decided he would take a nap till class was over.

Lucas walked back to his sear after completing his bonding with his crystal. He sat down and balanced his head on his palm so that his fingers covered his eyes making it hard to discern if he was awake or sleeping. He then just went to sleep. He dreamt about the powers of his crystal.

"Its abilities?? What kind of abilities does it have??", Kaori thought to herself. "I feel like I'm in a magical girl anime..! I'd better stay after class and figure this out." Without saying anything else, she puts the crystal in her pocket, then heads back to her desk and sits down.

By way of reply, the Electricity Kyrre Crystal produced an arcing electrical field around Kaori's hand. >>I am not called the Electricity Gem for nothing.<<

The false Dr. Grace continued his lesson. "Alright, now, the first tenet of algebra that must be discussed is the variable- an unknown value represented by a number or symbol."

Kaori looks at the crystal and thinks to herself, "Is there anyway i can communicate with this crystal without speaking out loud and making myself look crazy? I'm really curious about the 'abilites' this thing has..."

>>Our souls are linked, you know,<< the Electricity Gem deadpanned. >>I can hear all of your thoughts. My last master was . . . very rude.<<

Kaori says to the crystal telepathically, "Oh, I see.... So...basically, were communicating using telepathy?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back